cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,264,248 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
tsubamoto2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842081300 said:

tsub, appreciate your links, agreed we should be accurate (as shocky1 bows his head in shame)

Don't worry about it, you're doing a great job overall. Keep it up with the updates. We love 'em!
south bender
Great to have both of you, with your knowledge both of the players who willl be future Bears and of those players who pass up the opportunity to be future Bears.

We are privileged to have your inputs on this site.

Go Bears!
Shocky1
proficient distributor/scorer amhaad rorie scored 21 pts on five (5...cinco baby!) 3 pters as the lincoln abes (18-3) emancipated the enumclaw hornets from the playoffs 68-49 in the 2nd round of the 3a wcd tnt

lincoln hc aubrey shelton says re: his jr phenom "i don't think i have ever seen him as focused as he was tonight"

ar says "it's the playoffs...time to step it up, we're trying to bring a state championship to lincoln"

with a 3.8 gpa, ar is the ideal pg for the bears in the 2014 class

highly skilled jr evan fitzner 6'10" led the parker lancers to a 62-21 jousting of an overmatched la jolla country day torreys (i'm sure a yachting competition might be a different story, however)...ef entered the game with a 17.5 ppg & 11 rbg averages along with a 3.0 gpa

future mcdonalds all american ivan rabb scored 40 pts (15 fgs & 10-12 fts, what a sweet stroke for a soph biggie) plus 18 boards & 10 blocks as hc lou richie's bod (24-3) wrapped up the castro valley trojans 68-65...once again, the hardware man dnp because of eligibility issues
Shocky1
hard driving #24 jordan matthews (3.55 gpa) scored 17 pts as the santa monica vikings (21-6) conquered the alhambra moors 75-32

the articulate jm noted "i honed in on defense today, i tried to be as intense on defense as offense"
Shocky1
mcdonalds (although his dad prefers burgers from carls jr) all american #23 jabari bird contributed 16 pts (1-2 fts & 1 3pter) along with 7 boards as salesian (26-3) special ordered el cerrito 65-51 out of the tcal playoffs
Shocky1
future warm weather bears pg ahmaad rorie scored a game high 20 pts as lincoln beat the dead kennedys 65-39 in the frozen tundra of the northwest in a wcd playoff game...william taft & jello biafra dnp for the abes
Shocky1
doc kravish=world federation wrestling champion

justin cobbs=physically & mentally fearless

solo+ jc=peacemakers in the far west

alan crabbe=heart of a developing warrior

mr cranky pants=best game day coach in college bb

haas b rockin 2 nite>>>>>electricity

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world
Shocky1
family matters
south bender
Shocky1;842082573 said:

doc kravish=world federation wrestling champion

justin cobbs=physically & mentally fearless

solo+ jc=peacemakers in the far west

alan crabbe=heart of a developing warrior

mr cranky pants=best game day coach in college bb

haas b rockin 2 nite>>>>>electricity

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world

Reading your summary put a smile on my face.

Still, Mike has to find a way short of physical assault of his players.

Go Bears!
Shocky1
one of my buddies (ivy league grad) asked me today at lunch at desert forest:

"why don't you guys just pay montgomery just a little bit more and have him coach your linebackers?"

go beers
manus
How will "the incident" affect recruiting of this "monster class"?

It could be dominoes in the opposite direction? Time will tell...
Shocky1
manus;842083188 said:

How will "the incident" affect recruiting of this "monster class"?

It could be dominoes in the opposite direction? Time will tell...

question: when will the bears achieve a team contending for a nc?

answer: when the bears collectively battle with a will to win greater than monty (and shocky1)

what's that sound u hear in the distance?

that's the bears monster class approaching berkeley, california
Shocky1
hardnosed jr pg amhaad rorie scored 13 pts & unselfishly distrubuted the ball to fletch as lincoln (20-3) won a 52-51 thrillah vs timberline in the washington playoffs (winners receive a one way plane tix out of the cold azz nw)

in honor of prez day my favorite a lincoln quote: "whenever i hear someone arguing for slavery, i feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally"

go abes
Shocky1
sharp shooting sammy singer exploded for 32 pts as ransom everglades (26-2) downsized the lilliputians of gulliver prep 74-55...one more win next sat nite in the regional finals and the raiders will head to lakeland for the florida state playoffs final four

hoosiers baby
south bender
It is good to hear some news about Sam, rather than more blather on top of the mountain of it than has been debating Monty's physical contact with Allen.

I am hoping Sam can bring his magic to the Div I level for Cal next fall.

Keep up the great work and the service that you are providing everyone here.

Go Bears and Future Bears!
Bear_Elegance
Shocky1;842083967 said:

sharp shooting sammy singer exploded for 32 pts as ransom everglades (26-2) downsized the lilliputians of gulliver prep 74-55...one more win next sat nite in the regional finals and the raiders will head to lakeland for the florida state playoffs final four

hoosiers baby

How is Rooks doing?
Shocky1
Bear_Elegance;842084005 said:

How is Rooks doing?

rook takes pawn, checkmate

vastly improving kameron rooks muscled inside for a game high 21 pts as the mission hills grizzlies (24-4) mauled the chula vista spartans 74-45 in the cif sd section playoffs

2014 bears offered big man thomas welsh 7', 210 lbs & 3.8 gpa scored 12 blocks with 4 key blocks in the 2nd half as the loyola cubs (22-6) ankle bit the pasadena bulldogs 80-56 in the cif southern section playoffs
Shocky1
fluid conqueror #24 jordan matthews scored 22 pts as the hc james hecht's santa monica vikings (22-6) invaded burbank 58-46 in the cif southern section playoffs...what's in your wallet?
Shocky1
6'10" ryan anderson clone (watch sluggo's video link earlier in this thread for an amazing ball handling & 3 pt shooting performance) #4 evan fitzner scored a game high 22 pts as the parker lancers (15-11) jousted clairemont 72-45 in the cif sd section playoffs

as ef's dad mark played at stanford, monty needs to take the lead in this recruitment & try to seal the deal with the fitzner family this summer particularly with dawkins in trouble down on the farm

the other key 2014 key big man recruit along with ef, blue collar thomas welsh of loyola and possibly amIII is 6'11" devon hardin like athletic idrissa diallo who moved from senegal to los angeles...diallo is earning a solid 3.33 gpa in america thus far and runs from baseline to baseline in a freaky 3.5 seconds...id has already unofficially tripped to both arizona and cal...plays for ac's old aau team, the compton magic

how big of a priority is idrissa diallo?

the entire cal coaching staff including monty recently visited him in the city of angels
Shocky1
carl jr's son mcdonalds all american #23 jabari bird scored 7 pts in a cameo commerical role as salesian (27-3) received a strong in and out game from five guys in supersizing the visiting by subway gateway (sf) 65-33 in wendy's nite cif north coast section playoffs...master chef hc bill mellis mixed all the right pride ingredients in leading his kitchen crew to a tasty victory over the nutritionally challenged gators...alice waters could not be reached for comment

go root beers

note: my fashionista daughters shay & taylor co wrote this entry:cheer:gobears::cheer
Bear_Elegance
Shocky1;842084668 said:

carl jr's son mcdonalds all american #23 jabari bird scored 7 pts in a cameo commerical role as salesian (27-3) received a strong in and out game from five guys in supersizing the visiting by subway gateway (sf) 65-33 this wendy's nite cif north coast section playoffs...master chef pride hc bill mellis mixed all the right ingredients in leading the his team to a tasty victory over the nutritionally challenged gators...alice waters could not be reached for comment

go root beers

note: my daughters shay & taylor co wrote this entry:cheer:gobears::cheer

Here I was thinking Chris Berman was summarizing! Nice work!
Shocky1
justin cobbs=physically and mentally fearless

the ice man cometh...
Vineyardview
Hopefully Aaron Gordon has witnessed Cal has beat a tatoo on Arizona UCLA and Oregon over the past three weeks and now recognizes and understands what the great coach Mike Montgomery can do for his basketball skills, personal reputation and Draft status and future net worth.
calgldnbear
Monty develop big men???

See Robert Thurman .... Enough said !!!!!!
Shocky1
monty continues his clownstomping utter coaching domination over altman & the duckies with 11 wins in a row

just do it

the university of oregon=#115 ranked college in the united states=sweet job at the best buy near pdx upon graduation
Shocky1
6'3" 195 lbs 4 star shooting guard jordan matthews continued to light it up throwing down 32 pts as the santa monica vikings (23-6) invaded aliso niguel 75-63 in the cif southern section playoffs...jm's already got some justin cobb in his arsenal

7'3/4" kameron rooks scored 17 pts as mission hills (26-4) tranquilized the vista panthers 68-38 in the cif sd section playoffs

who is the best player in the rooks family?

mom susie o'brien led san diego county in scoring with 29.9 ppg in 1989...sean who???

go moms
Shocky1
7' 210 lbs jr thomas welsh brought his lunch pail in scoring 12 pts w/11 boards as the loyola cubs (22-7) head into hibernation after losing to the long beach poly jackrabbits 75-69 in the cif southern section playoffs...2015 bears prospect max hazzard (describes cal as a "dream" school) scored 10 pts for the cubs...desean & kameron jackson dnp for lbp
Shocky1
monty & decuire are recruiting strong student athletes...at academically elite universitites like cal, duke, stanford & notre dame, gpas are every much as important as bb skills

the bears left wed for feezing oregon meaning our players will miss classes part of wed and all day th & fri...only elite student athletes can balance both these rigorous basketball & classroom opportunties for greatness

so who are the bear's starting five???

justin cobbs, the iceman-3.3 gpa @bishop montgomery
tyronne wallace, t-wall-3.5 gpa@bakersfield
alan crabbe, obama-3.39 gpa@price
david kravish, doc kravish-4.1@lee's summit north
richard solomon, solo-3.5@price

and what about the bear's monster class?

jabari bird-3.0+@salesian
jordan matthews-3.55 gpa@santa monica
sam singer-3.4 gpa@ransom everglades
kameron rooks-3.5 gpa@mission hills
amhaad rorie-3.8 gpa@lincoln

the only dumb azz on the squad is oksi who still hasn't graduated...

go beers

the university of califonria, berkelely=#1 ranked public university in the world
Shocky1
bears vs beavers=cheap gas station sushi

the dream stays alive
concordtom
Shocky:
I looked up that top 100 list and I didn't see Jay John's name on there. Nonetheless, I give you blogger of the year award. By far!
Whereas the rest of us are just happy fingers, you are on a mission.
And I would say a successful mission.
concordtom
Vineyardview;842085441 said:

Hopefully Aaron Gordon has witnessed Cal has beat a tatoo on Arizona UCLA and Oregon over the past three weeks and now recognizes and understands what the great coach Mike Montgomery can do for his basketball skills, personal reputation and Draft status and future net worth.

You're making me think there are 3 ways you can "develop" in college:
1) position smarts. dedication to the little things. Monty would be GREAT here.
2) experience via playing with guys your size and ability. UK and AZ would be tops here.
3) marketing your name. I'll allow that UK will go further in the tourney than Cal next year, but it's not clear AG would play as big a starring role as he would at Cal. Plus, I expect Crabbe to return and that would mean a team that goes FAR nonetheless, and sits atop the rankings all season. So, maybe it's a wash.

Here we go again:

PG: Cobbs - Singer
SG: Wallace - Bird
SF: Crabbe - Kreklow
PF: AG -
C: Solomon - Kravish - Rooks

We are one game out of first right now. Adding two 5-stars, getting 5 starters back with more experience plus a healthy Kreklow - we would be good.

What I like about it, particularly, is that Crabbe would be less covered and allowing him to stroke it more.

But, no matter, Shocky has done a great job of pre-advertising our incoming guys and we will have a great team regardless!
GEOBEAR
"the only dumb azz on the squad is oksi who still hasn't graduated...

go beers"

If Oski would stop drinking beers thru his eye and start going to classes, he may graduate one day. However, I hope he sits in the back row. With that huge head no one behind him could see the prof!:bluecarrot:
concordtom
calgldnbear;842085480 said:

Monty develop big men???

See Robert Thurman .... Enough said !!!!!!

Frid alert!
Shocky1
bears 2014 pg commit amhaad rorie scored 12 pts & relentlessly played d as the lincoln abes (21-3) air forced one columbia river out of the washington playoffs 55-35...hc aubrey shleton noted "the last four games have been our best defensive games and a lot of that is due to mentality"

the abes will now head to the state finals at the tacoma dome

potential ar future bears 2014 class teammate evan fiztzner lit it up for 25 pts as the parker lancers (16-11) celebrated the renaissance age 63-38 over an unenlightened imperial in the cif sd section playoffs...ef is arguably the most highly skilled big man on the west coast...if he commits to cal, monty will unleash the ryan anderson playbook on the pac 12 with vengence
Shocky1
GEOBEAR;842086924 said:

"the only dumb azz on the squad is oksi who still hasn't graduated...

go beers"

If Oski would stop drinking beers thru his eye and start going to classes, he may graduate one day. However, I hope he sits in the back row. With that huge head no one behind him could see the prof!:bluecarrot:

do you know how many free gropes with hotties (erin andrews) oski has scored thru the years?

oski is the russel brand of college mascots

no wonder he has never graduated (oski's impact upon the bears apr is shameful)

go beers
First Page Last Page
Page 10 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.