cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,263,463 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
who's got the best name in california high school basketball?

that would be paris austin, the 5'11" 155 lbs 2015 pg from bod who is blowing up this summer playing for dream vision on the aau circuit with strong performances at the pagnos tnt

austin is quick & aggressive although his hard charging style does lend itself to turnovers...an above average passer with a consistent mid range shot, he is not a true pg but more of a combo shooting guard with a pg's size

paris is picking up mid major offers (including one from travis decuire at montana) & is on the radar for several high major programs including cal

paris has been friends with bod teammate ivan rabb since 4th grade..."we are like brothers, we can talk about anything...we definitely want to go to the same college if we can"

the bears have taken pgs in both 2013 (singer) & 2014 (chauca) and are building strong relationships with christian terrell (2016) & damari milstead (2017)...pg class balance will likely be a factor in cal's evaluation & potential recruitment of the dragons pg...austin's ability to be multiple as a combo is a big plus in his evaluation/recruitment

paris in berkeley is definitely a possibility

bonsoir, monsieur austin...paris c'est magnifique!

congrats to the 2014 6th annual nor cal clash mvp paris austin...the 2015 all stars beat the 2016 all stars 114-100 in not quite a defensive stuggle

austin filled up the stat sheet with 18 pts, a jason kidd like 11 assists, 8 redunkulous boards & 4 thefts

paris is being evaluated by the bears staff & currently has offers from florida state, boise state, san jose state, tulsa, utah state, loyola marymout, pacifc and montana (td is officially tripping him the weekend of sept 12th)

expect austin to continue his rapid development under the mentoring & coaching of bod hc lou richie

go dragons#
Shocky1

carlos johnson a 6'5" 235 lbs (cuonzo martin clone) 2016 power wing unofficially visited berkeley last week & was offered today by the bears staff

johson is originally from centralia, illinois & attends state champion shadow mtn hs (mike bibby is an alum) in phx... he averaged 20.5 ppg & 8.3 rpg for the matadors as a soph

check out this explosive breakaway behind the back dribble & throw down in the state finals as part of his 26 pts & 11 boards
http://msn.foxsports.com/arizona/story/carlos-johnson-dunks-with-a-behind-the-back-flourish-in-shadow-mountain-win-030314

carlos is playing this summer for the oakland soliders

carlos, congrats!:woohoo

salute#

carlos johnson will be an el cerrito yellowjacket this fall & threw down a thunderous game high 31 pts in today's 2014 6th annual nor cal clash
HoopDreams
Carlos Johnson at the NorCal Clash (now playing at El Cerrito), displayed his ability to fill up the box score with his game-high 31 points (on 50% shooting, including three 3s), 7 boards, and 2 assists

And yes, former Cal guard, and Coach Sir Richard Midgley will certainly put in a good word for Cal

Carlos would be an awesome add to fuel Cal's fast break offense

Shocky1
the bears staff is actively scouting 6' 155 lbs 2016 top 100 player jordan ford a fiery pg from folsom (sacramento) & an oakland soliders teammate of oscar frayer

jordan is from a close family as dad cuezar played baseball at uc santa barbara, mom ann encourages his strong academic work in the classroom & sister jennifer who is 3 years older used to kick his azz in basketball games

ford scored 22.6 ppg, 3.6 apg, 4.2 rpg & 2.4 spg in leading folsom to a 32-3 record...the bulldogs lost 63-54 in the division ii championship game at sleepy train arena to st john bosco despite 20 pts from their uber competitive leader

after a strong summer starting for the soliders, ford's recruitment is starting to pick up velocity with offers from numerous mid majors including pepperdine...with a strong academic profile, an undeniable will to compete & an unselfish approach to the game, and a tight family that attends all of his games, a potential future offer from the local #1 ranked public university in the world might be a simple solution to jordan's collegiate decision

cal family#
salute#

jordan ford scored 18 pts w/8 boards in the 2014 6th annual nor cal clash...only bad **** to be said about jordan is that he's also interested in stanford

don't be a dumb azz#
Shocky1
christian terrell is a smooth 6'4" 175 lbs 2016 pg & has been offered by usc, washington and gonzaga with cal & ucla also recruiting him hard

but guess what?

christian has described cal as his "dream school"

sacramento mayor/former nba all star ($30+m nba earnings)/bears starting pg & cal grad kevin johnson (also a grad of sacramento hs) would agree with that assessment

cal family#

http://midmajorhoopsreport.com/2014/03/14/players-corner-64-guard-christian-terrell-sacramento-hs-2016ca/...recent profile of terrell

a soph ranked in the top 50 in the 2016 class describing cal as his "dream school" is not just some lucky azz good luck, it's a direct result of the cal bb staff building early & deep relationships with key targeted prospects

coach martin & staff are staying tight with the sacramento hs 2016 dynamic duo of christian terrell & arguably the most physical/best defender in nor cal solomon young

terrell unofficially visited with the cal bb staff in berkeley in june

christian terrell scored 15 points w/9 boards at the 2014 6th annual nor cal clash

sacramento hs teammate solomon young dnp because of an injury...dude is already built like nba baller & is rated by nor cal preps as the #1 player in the 2016 nor cal class

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including sacramento)
Shocky1

2016 cal commit oscar frayer dnp at the 2014 6th annual nor cal clash because of an injury but that doesn't mean the gregarious moreau catholic/oakland soldier isn't relentlessly encouraging his nor cal teammates to stay local & play in front of their family & friends in berkeley at the #1 ranked public university in the world

ringleader of the circus#
the talking bears#

Shocky1

summer breezes in berkeley, california
http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=209607098

working out ain't fancy, who knew that, i knew that, i do dat, gonna put my name in bold

[IMG]http://www.quickmeme.com/img/1a/1a375b7eaee0b6fe7f86bb7792e5397bcdcfb862a9b616af8de93c5fb342
9868.jpg" />[/IMG]

the grind#

the grind, episode two
http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209611213&DB_OEM_ID=30100

the grind, episode three
[video]http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=209617161[/video]
SFBearz
Shocky1;842346100 said:

christian terrell is a smooth 6'4" 175 lbs 2016 pg & has been offered by usc, washington and gonzaga with cal & ucla also recruiting him hard

but guess what?

christian has described cal as his "dream school"

sacramento mayor/former nba all star ($30+m nba earnings)/bears starting pg & cal grad kevin johnson (also a grad of sacramento hs) would agree with that assessment

cal family#

http://midmajorhoopsreport.com/2014/03/14/players-corner-64-guard-christian-terrell-sacramento-hs-2016ca/...recent profile of terrell

a soph ranked in the top 50 in the 2016 class describing cal as his "dream school" is not just some lucky azz good luck, it's a direct result of the cal bb staff building early & deep relationships with key targeted prospects

coach martin & staff are staying tight with the sacramento hs 2016 dynamic duo of christian terrell & arguably the most physical/best defender in nor cal solomon young

terrell unofficially visited with the cal bb staff in berkeley in june

christian terrell scored 15 points w/9 boards at the 2014 6th annual nor cal clash

sacramento hs teammate solomon young dnp because of an injury...dude is already built like nba baller & is rated by nor cal preps as the #1 player in the 2016 nor cal class

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including sacramento)

I don't think Young will hold onto that # 1 nor cal ranking much longer unless he grows a few inches. I'd expect it to be more like Frayer, Kone, Johnson, Terrell, and Ford with Young sixth.
HoopDreams
[FONT=Book Antiqua]"We're extremely pleased to help Cal Athletics ensure that Haas Pavilion continues to be a well-equipped and dynamic venue for student-athletes, their coaches and passionate Bear fans," Walter J. Haas, Chair of the Haas, Jr. Fund said. "My father was a devoted Cal alum, and he believed in the power of sports to galvanize not only a team but the entire community. This gift embodies his legacy."[/FONT]

Is there any generation of families who have a deeper love for the University of California and it's sports programs?

Shocky1
took my fashionista daughters shay & taylor and their friends katie and carson (uncle jeff hornaceck played in the nba & is currently the phx suns head coach) to the antlers (indie band from brooklyn) concert tonite at the crescent ballroom in downtown phx

shaylor live music rules stipulate that i cannot stand by them unless they initiate such proximity to their dad

oh well

anyways, my favorite song was the hauntingly beautiful "palace" which is about a very personal & special place in your life that is filled with treasured memories, somewhere that is magical

as the song ended i realized that in many ways haas pavilion is my palace

what is your palace?

thank you to the haas family for polishing our palace

stu
Shocky1;842345809 said:

There is a school in Eugine
They call U of Oregon
It's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God I know I'm one

My mother was a tailor
Sewed my shirts and shorts
My father was a D-league scout
Didn't know nothin' but sports

Now the only thing the scout man needs
Is a suitcase and a phone
And the only time he's satisfied
Is when he's all stoned

Admission was no problem
Boy can you shoot the three?
That's all they ask of the incoming class
Up here at the U of Nike

They said I'd be a starter
On my way to the NBA
But things went bad when they signed some grad
To take my spot away

I did not have no money
So I sold my Nike gear
Got caught in bed with a drunk coed
Now I'm out of here

Oh mother tell your children
Not to do what I have done
What will I be with no worthless degree
From the U of Oregon

There is a school in Eugine
They call U of Oregon
It's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God I know I'm one
Shocky1

[video=youtube;whQQpwwvSh4][/video]
Shocky1
welcome new associate head coach tracy webster & his wife shenetta to the san francisco bay area

rumor has it that tracy & cuonzo go way back to the stone ages & can finish each other's sentences

sure hope tracy is gonna lose all the orange pumpkin clothing (other than oct 31st)

tracy, there's a goodwill on telegraph

what not to wear#

check out the q&a with coach webster
http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209611402&DB_OEM_ID=30100

the bay area's finest are gonna be swinging from the chandeliers of haas
Shocky1
what player in the pac 12 has the disruptive length & skillset to most resemble the playing style of nba rookie of the year michael carter-willliams of philly?

what california golden bear most resembles samuel l jackson in unbreakable?

who will cuonzo martin & staff rely upon for upperclassmen leadership next season?

tyrone "let's rumble" wallace significantly improved his perimeter shooting from his freshman season & was the bear's best defender at times

but his game last season was erratic with the low pt at the asu game in tempe when mike montgomery lit up t-wall during a timeout after he inexplicably failed to dive for a loose ball near the bears bench...when play resumed, mike turned sideways to td and said "they're not listening" & shook his head

tyrone needs to bring it every moment he is on the court & also continue improving his outside jumper & shot selection...he is virtually unstoppable when he attacks the rim, if he wants to get paid $ playing bb down the road, that's gonna be his $ move

the dude always has a smile on his face, t-wall just gotta love it not hate it
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=fifty+cent+love+it+hate+it+video&FORM=VIRE2#view=detail&mid=2CA55FB70EA62AC4DA632CA55FB70EA62AC4DA63

cal family#

"to the best mom i could ask for...broke her back for a long time to make sure her kids were taken care of...did it on your own, always made sacrifices for me and my siblings and i love and appreciate you for that!...the strongest woman i know...literally my bestfriend, i call you when i'm sad or make dumb mistakes so you can make me feel better...we're argued, cried and laughed together but no matter what, you are always going to be my heart!...a true bestfriend bond that can never be broken!...you've always believed in me and been my #1 fan!...i just hope that one day that i can take care of you because you deserve it!...my inspiration, my hero!...i love you baby"

-tyrone wallace

tyrone wallace=man of steel

from an offensive strategy standpoint, t-wall starting at the 4 will create exploitable mismatches against slower, bigger power forwards that will allow him to relentlessly attack the basket which is the strength of his game...wallace's outside 3 pt shooting will also be more in rhythm (when his mechanics are rushed he tends to be inaccurate) against defenders that are not as quick as 2s & 3's to close out on him & contest his shot

wallace's biggest challenges will be on d against taller true 4s with skills like arizona's brandon ashley

t-wall is critical to the success of the 2014 bears

rebounding matters#
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842327591 said:

Carlos Johnson 2016
(posted from CARLOS's Twitter, NOT Coach Martin's):

[SIZE="6"]dude got big time hops[/SIZE]

carlos is now an el cerrito yellowjacket (adios phoenix) & remains a major cal 2016 recruiting priority after a 31 pt explosion at the 6th annual 2014 nor cal clash

bay area's finest#
salute#
oscar's boyz#
jyamada
Shocky1;842347434 said:

carlos is now an el cerrito yellowjacket (adios phoenix) & remains a major cal 2016 recruiting priority after a 31 pt explosion at the 6th annual 2014 nor cal clash

bay area's finest#
salute#
oscar's boyz#

I believe they're the Gauchos, Shock.
Shocky1
jyamada, tu es muy inteligente y yo soy un stupido

donde esta el bano?

-senor shocky

petalumabear
Yup. Berkeley HS are the Yellow jackets .....
Shocky1
pb, got it

Shocky1
chicago golf club

medinah #3 & #1

olympia fields

rich harvest farms

da bears#
deep dish pizza#
beat northwestern#
HoopDreams

NYCGOBEARS
We need a new Monster Class thread.
Shocky1
NYCGOBEARS;842347962 said:

We need a new Monster Class thread.

Shocky1
the california golden bears are actively targeting 2015 top 25 6'4" 180s lbs scoring machine tyler dorsey

dorsey made a decommitment to arizona after he was cut from the usa basketball under 18 basketball team by assistant coach sean miller...the wildcats staff envisioned tyler playing strictly the 2 despite his interest & ability to be multiple

last season at st john bosco (he knows the charismatic bryce treggs) tyler averaged 21.4 ppg, 6 rpg & 4.7 apg and a solid 3.3 gpa

a native of pasadena, dorsey will transfer back home to marantha for his sr season

tyler has offers (with a list that continues to grow) from national powerhouses but in terms of staying on the west coast (and playing against arizona in the pac 12) & playing for a hc who develops combo guard talent at the #1 ranked public university in the world, the bears will be a serious player when he confirms his official visits

cuonzo & co will have an official in home visit with tyler & his family on sept 9th

cal family#
NVBear78
HeyShock, will i see you at the game Saturday or the Cal events Friday and pre-game?

Shocky1;842347995 said:

Shocky1
NVBear78;842348010 said:

HeyShock, will i see you at the game Saturday or the Cal events Friday and pre-game?

yes, gonna try to get back downtown tonite for the gillligan's island boat cruise, just 18 holes today, & definitely the game tomorrow

Cal8285
Shocky1;842347434 said:

Wow, Shocky, you managed to get El Cerrito and Berkeley High people to agree on something. I emailed an El Cerrito grad friend, and we agreed, you managed to offend both Berkeley High and El Cerrito.

Go Jackets!
socaltownie
Where the best, can't you see, were the class of '83.

Go jackets!!!! (and f the red coats ;-)
Shocky1
matisse thybulle is an athletic 2015 6'5" 185 lbs wing from eastside catholic in seattle with a recent cal offer

thybulle is an outstanding defender with an emerging offensive game & had a 12 ppg last season for a balanced team which lost to rainier beach's loaded squad in the washington state 3a championship game

thybulle's official visit schedule is as follows:

cal-aug 29th (this weekend)
oregon-sept 5th
gonzaga-sept 27th
washington-undecided if will officially visit

matisse intends to make a final decision after his west coast swing of schools

cal family#
50 year decision#
sunny california#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the drizzy northwest)
Shocky1
conversed at length with women's basketball head coach lindsay gottlieb during this evening's cal gilligan's island boat cruise with the chicago skyline in the background

lindsay is a fun & engaging conversationalist with a great smile that is 100% committed to returning the bear's to the final four again after 2012's epic season...she is strengthening her staff with the addition of devanei hampton as a graduate assistant coach who will also be finishing up her cal degree...devanei is an oakland tech hs grad & good friends with marshawn lynch...we talked about getting beast mode to future wbb games...if you have never attended a cal wbb game, you gotta go this season & experience the energy of the bears led by sr all american pg brittnay boyd, a former star with the berkeley yellow jackets, who is in the best shape of her life & ready to lead her teammates

also important to note that lindsay is a huge fan of cuonzo martin & his staff and that they are working together with respects to certain bay area recruiting priorities for both programs

too bad they served us dog food on the boat cruise (shocky is a foodie)

cal family#
a 2 hour tour#
Shocky1
jerome randle, 2009 pac 12 mvp...more importantly, a great role model to his younger bro jeremy...their mom sent jeremy to live with jerome to get him out of c-town during rome's time in berkeley

rome around the world after a victory over arizona at haas

sean lampley, 2000 pac 12 mvp...lamps is doug goldman's buddy

shocky's new yoga buddy...what kinda pose is that?

tim94501
Shocky1;842348409 said:

mattise thybulle is an athletic 2015 6'5" 185 lbs wing from eastside catholic in seattle with a recent cal offer

thybulle is an outstanding defender with an emerging offensive game & had a 12 ppg last season for a balanced team which lost to rainier beach's loaded squad in the washington state 3a championship game

thybulle's official visit schedule is as follows:

cal-aug 29th (this weekend)
oregon-sept 5th
gonzaga-sept 27th
washington-already tripped

mattise intends to make a final decision after his west coast swing of schools

cal family#
50 year decision#
sunny california#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the drizzy northwest)

He's heading to UW.... sorry to say.
Vineyardview
HoopDreams;842345933 said:

Haanif Cheatham would super charge Cal's fast break offense

[SIZE=4][/SIZE]2015 Haanif Cheatham will announce his college choice this Friday Sept 5th, 2pm at Pines Charter High School (FL)
HoopDreams
hats off to Cal football's win over Big 10 Northwestern to open the 2014 season

Shocky1

da bears#

First Page Last Page
Page 107 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.