cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,263,883 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2015 #1 ranked ivan rabb scored 21 pts as bod (24-3) defueled the encinal jets 86-48 in the cif north coast sectional playoffs

sensational sr sam singer scored 22 pts with 7 assists & 3 thefts as ransom everglades (27-2) raided the university suns 64-44 before a standing only home crowd to assure a visit to the florida state finals in lakeland

ss led his team on a crushing 28-3 run in the final 9 minutes

sam's friend/teammate alonzo mourning III scored 15 pts with 11 boards & 3 blocks

if the bears monster class continues its natural ascension into berkelely, the bear's parents game could have some excitiing match ups...

go dads
Shocky1
all american jabari bird, the bay area's most exciting & complete player since jason kidd, scored 25 pts with 5 boards as salesian (28-3) submarined the moreau catholic mariners 75-42 in the cif north coast section playoffs
R90
Shocky1;842086977 said:

sensational sr sam singer scored 22 pts with 7 assists & 3 thefts as ransom everglades (27-2) raided the university suns 64-44 before a standing only home crowd to assure a visit to the florida state finals in lakeland

Their next game (Tuesday) is against 4A #1 ranked Lake Highland prep, featuring freakishly athletic point guard Joel Berry who was Florida Mr. Basketball as a sophomore. He's an early commit to North Carolina. Here's his sophomore mix tape:

Tuesday will be the real test.
PABear
Shocky, do you know if Matthews has played PG before or is he strictly a SG?
sluggo_Cal
PABear;842087043 said:

Shocky, do you know if Matthews has played PG before or is he strictly a SG?

He is a very strong, though not very tall, 2 guard. Think Eric Gordon.

Singer has played the point and handles it well but is probably too slow to play 1 in college.

Sluggo
Shocky1
gregg gottlieb is the relentless, driving force behind the bears monster class

gg is a tireless road warrior that is evaluating bears prospects not only in california but also from arizona (zylan cheatham) to maryland (richard mbah a moute & matthew atewe) in addition to his game day coaching responsibilities (with 3 young kids at home, he should be doing late nite infomercials re: elite level time mgmt skills)

gottlieb, a ucla grad, relates well with young players & their families along with their coaches and brings many connections to the table with his bro doug a cbs bb analyst and dad bob a well regarded longtime so cal coach (which could be a key in the important recruitment of idrissa diallo who plays for the compton magic, alan crabbe's aau team)

take a look behind the curtain in emerald city, and no it's not monty the wizard, it is gregg gottlieb

trust me, if there is a little known prospect from a small windy town in kansas, gg has already seen him play a dozen times
SFCityBear
concordtom;842086909 said:

You're making me think there are 3 ways you can "develop" in college:
1) position smarts. dedication to the little things. Monty would be GREAT here.
2) experience via playing with guys your size and ability. UK and AZ would be tops here.
3) marketing your name. I'll allow that UK will go further in the tourney than Cal next year, but it's not clear AG would play as big a starring role as he would at Cal. Plus, I expect Crabbe to return and that would mean a team that goes FAR nonetheless, and sits atop the rankings all season. So, maybe it's a wash.

Here we go again:

PG: Cobbs - Singer
SG: Wallace - Bird
SF: Crabbe - Kreklow
PF: AG -
C: Solomon - Kravish - Rooks

We are one game out of first right now. Adding two 5-stars, getting 5 starters back with more experience plus a healthy Kreklow - we would be good.

What I like about it, particularly, is that Crabbe would be less covered and allowing him to stroke it more.

But, no matter, Shocky has done a great job of pre-advertising our incoming guys and we will have a great team regardless!

+1, Tom, and thanks.

I'll let you and everyone else dream about AG. Hope we land him.

Without him, with a healthy Kreklow, here is how I see it:

PG: Cobbs, Wallace, Singer (only because PG is the toughest position to learn on a Montgomery team)

SG: Kreklow, Cobbs, Bird, Wallace, Mathews

SF: Crabbe, Bird, Wallace, Johnson

PF: Kravish, Behrens, Rodriguez

C: Solomon, Kravish, Rooks, Frid

For this to be successful, the pressure will be on the injured players, Kreklow and Behrens, to perform. The weakest spot, and the least depth is the PF, which is why we need a player like AG.

And when the Bears go small:

PG: Cobbs, Wallace, Singer

SG: Kreklow, Cobbs, Mathews, Singer

SF: Bird, Wallace, Johnson

PF: Crabbe, Bird, Behrens, Johnson

C: Kravish or Solomon, Rooks, Frid

If the new players are as good as advertised, we could be going small some of the time, depending on matchups. With that many shooters on the floor, Alan Crabbe will get a few more open looks, and won't have to work so hard to get even one, like he does now.

:gobears:
petalumabear
Love all the mix n match lineup possibilities but AC is gone. So, in my opinion, too much thought is going into lineups that include him. Best to consider options without him.
concordtom
petalumabear;842087248 said:

Love all the mix n match lineup possibilities but AC is gone. So, in my opinion, too much thought is going into lineups that include him. Best to consider options without him.

Fair enough. But have you ever bought a lottery ticket? Why, if the odds are against you?
petalumabear
Yes Tom I have. But I do so with appropriate expectations... ;-)
Shocky1
R90;842087027 said:

Their next game (Tuesday) is against 4A #1 ranked Lake Highland prep, featuring freakishly athletic point guard Joel Berry who was Florida Mr. Basketball as a sophomore. He's an early commit to North Carolina. Here's his sophomore mix tape:

Tuesday will be the real test.

100% agreed that joel barry & his team (last year's state runner up) will be a very tough test for sam singer & the raiders

should be pointed out that like justin cobb's epic last second buzzer beater in eugene, ss depite entering last game with a 27.5 ppg missed all 8 of his 3 pt attempts in the 1st half but then turned it around in the 2nd half leading his team to the florida state finals

losers whine, bitch & blame others
winners like sam singer & justin cobbs relentlessly battle 4ever
PABear
I've always thought that Matthews is more like a Ben Gordon type. If he's in the mold of Eric Gordon, that's even better. We sure can use another friek athlete like E Gordon.
Richard_Lee
Shocky1;842086950 said:

do you know how many free gropes with hotties (erin andrews) oski has scored thru the years?

oski is the russel brand of college mascots

no wonder he has never graduated (oski's impact upon the bears apr is shameful)

go beers

Erin Andrews is still hot. Here is what Oski groped:

And here is my personal favorite, lol: :p

Shocky1
apparently erin andrews likes oski more than 50 cent
concordtom
Shocky1;842087202 said:

gregg gottlieb is the relentless, driving force behind the bears monster class

gg is a tireless road warrior that is evaluating bears prospects not only in california but also from arizona (zylan cheatham) to maryland (richard mbah a moute & matthew atewe) in addition to his game day coaching responsibilities (with 3 young kids at home, he should be doing late nite infomercials re: elite level time mgmt skills)

gottlieb, a ucla grad, relates well with young players & their families along with their coaches and brings many connections to the table with his bro doug a cbs bb analyst and dad bob a well regarded longtime so cal coach (which could be a key in the important recruitment of idrissa diallo who plays for the compton magic, alan crabbe's aau team)

take a look behind the curtain in emerald city, and no it's not monty the wizard, it is gregg gottlieb

trust me, if there is a little known prospect from a small windy town in kansas, gg has already seen him play a dozen times

Can you tell them apart?

http://www.calbears.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/gottlieb_gregg00.html

https://twitter.com/CoachGottlieb

http://collegechalktalk.prestosports.com/coachesDiary/cal/2010-11/headlines-featured
BearyWhite
Richard_Lee;842087379 said:

Erin Andrews is still hot. Here is what Oski groped:

And here is my personal favorite, lol: :p

I'd worry that you'd end up watching her shower through a peephole but she probably employs better security now.

Bonus: Video 1 Video 2
Richard_Lee
BearyWhite;842087555 said:

I'd worry that you'd end up watching her shower through a peephole but she probably employs better security now.

Bonus: Video 1 Video 2

Video #2 was awesome! ROFL!! :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Video #1 was just uncool. Totally uncool. :cry: :cry: :nono: :nono:
Shocky1
interesting article in today's miami herald re: tonight's much anticipated florida semifinals featuring sam singer/ransom everglades and nc commit joel barry/lake highland prep (26.1 ppg @ 53% shooting)

ss's stats are listed as: 27.3 ppg, 10.4 rpg & 7.3 apg

great quote by sam re: player rankings: "ultimately they are meaningless. it's up to college coaches to decide who's good"

go raiders
bearchamp
When is LOI day for AG ?
Shocky1
determined sam singer's hs career ended with 15 pts (3-10 3 pters, 13 pts in a valiant 2nd half comeback in an uncharacteristic 6-22 fg shooting and missing all 6 fts), 11 boards & 4 assists as ransom everglades (27-3) went into the sunset 65-60 against lake highland prep in the florida state semifinals

surely sam will learn from this big game experience as he prepares himself for pac 12 competition by arriving early this summer in berkeley

nobody is going to outwork ss & that will be the difference in the future
Shocky1
future 25 hr energy spokesman jordan matthews hustled for 30 pts including 14 in a non stop 2nd q as santa monica (24-6) flippered the dana point dolphins 60-41 in the cif southern section playoffs
Shocky1
anchorman #44 kameron rooks scored 21 pts with 12 boards (entered game with 19 ppg & 11 rpg) along with 3 blocks (and altered at least another dozen shots) as mission hills (27-4) imprinted the grizzlies bill of rights all over the patrick henry patriots 66-46 in the cif sd section playoffs...ron burgundy dnp but drew the attention of many fine women

highly skilled big man #4 evan fitzner's highly productive jr season (entered game with 23.5 ppg) came to a close as the parker lancers (16-12) were jousted 49-43 by the mater dei catholic crusaders in the ye olde game of basqueball in the cif sd section playoffs

the next step in ef's recruitment will be the fitzner family's summer roadtrip to the bay area including stops in moraga, palo alto & berkelely

you stay classy, san diego
Shocky1
bears 2015 early lean #23 ivan rabb scored a treasure chest assortment of 27 pts as bod (25-3) made the drake pirates walk the plank 69-46 in the cif north coast section playoffs...s lavin & j depp dnp for the pirates
pnaidu
He may be a sophomore but Ivan Rabb sure looks like a fantastic player and a must get for Monty and his staff. Would Bird stay for more than a season? If he is playing for Cal when Rabb gets here that would be scary!
antipattern
pnaidu;842089637 said:

He may be a sophomore but Ivan Rabb sure looks like a fantastic player and a must get for Monty and his staff. Would Bird stay for more than a season? If he is playing for Cal when Rabb gets here that would be scary!

Rabb's class of 2015, so would be Bird's junior season. No telling how long Bird will stay, it depends on how he performs. But I would assume he'll go pro as soon as he's reasonably sure of getting drafted, just like Crabbe, and most other players as well.

Some sites currently have Rabb as the #1 player in his class, so he would pretty much be the best recruit we've gotten in the modern era (was Kidd #1 in his high school class? If so I guess it would be a tie). There's a rumor on the board that his grandfather is a big Cal fan. If that's even true, I'm not sure how much it matters to Ivan. Hopefully a lot, because all the big names will be after him.
Shocky1
monty's #1 favorite future problem scenario he dreams about solving before falling asleep each night:

determining who gets to wear the bears jersey #23 among ac, jb & ir

go dreammakers
concordtom
Shocky1;842089658 said:

monty's #1 favorite future problem scenario he dreams about solving before falling asleep each night:

determining who gets to wear the bears jersey #23 among ac, jb & ir

go dreammakers

The funny thing is, I could see this playing a role in some recruits's minds. Not these guys necessarily, but guys do tend to get hung up on it. Oh my.

At least Aaron Gordon wears 22 for the AAU Soldiers and 32 for Archbishop Mitty. HELLO!

Shocky1
in hitchcock's bodega bay horror thriller, the bird scored 28 violent pts with a terrifying 6 3 pters + 6 attacking boards as salesian (29-3) took to the sky in a 80-58 frenzied nightmare for arcata in the cif north coast section playoffs

good evening
TedordIsGod?
My guess would be Bird's here for 2-3 years, so...
concordtom
Shocky1;842089927 said:

in hitchcock's bodega bay horror thriller, the bird scored 28 violent pts with a terrifying 6 3 pters as salesian (29-3) took to the sky in a 80-58 frenzied nightmare for arcata in the cif north coast section playoffs

good evening

Shocky1
#14 ahmaad rorie scored 21 pts as the lincoln abes (22-3) played with presidential authority in sanctioning mountlake terrace 68-47 in the state of washington (worst weather on earth) playoffs

1st prize is one way tixs to somewhere warmer like iceland or berkeley
concordtom
Shocky1;842090183 said:

#14 ahmaad rorie scored 21 pts as the lincoln abes (22-3) played with presidential authority in sanctioning mountlake terrace 68-47 in the state of washington (worst weather on earth) playoffs

1st prize is one way tixs to somewhere warmer like iceland or berkeley

okay, maybe this last one is going too far.
petalumabear
Tom. The last one has relevance if you've seen the movie Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter..... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1611224/
LOUMFSG2
concordtom;842089880 said:

The funny thing is, I could see this playing a role in some recruits's minds. Not these guys necessarily, but guys do tend to get hung up on it. Oh my.

At least Aaron Gordon wears 22 for the AAU Soldiers and 32 for Archbishop Mitty. HELLO!

How tall are AG and JB? Gordon looks to be slumping a little, and sometimes camera angles can be deceiving, but they look to be pretty close in height to me. And I think I read somewhere that Bird was still growing. Might he be a 6'7" kid by the time he gets here next year?
R90
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/varsitytimesinsider/2013/02/boys-basketball-jordan-mathews-rises-up-for-santa-monica.html

"He's had a great year," Coach James Hecht said. "He's just been such a work horse for us and is such a pleasure to coach."

http://hs.utpreps.com/news_article/show/232972

The Cal-bound senior scored 21 points, grabbed 12 rebounds and blocked three shots. He altered at least a dozen other shots as the Grizzlies built a big first-half lead and rolled to a 66-46 win.
First Page Last Page
Page 11 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.