cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,231,794 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
should be the st. bernard saviors.
Nobody has a mascot called the saviors. Put it up for vote.
GRRAAH
Shocky1;842417873 said:

of course not, people should do whatever makes them happy

live & let live

how shocky paid his way thru cal#

This thread gets more disgusting every time I visit it...which fortunately is infrequently.
Shocky1
GRRAAH;842418612 said:

This thread gets more disgusting every time I visit it...which fortunately is infrequently.

my wild azz guess is that you don't get invited to too many parties

but i'm ok with your opinion (even tho you come across as kinda uptight & narrow minded), my daughters shay & taylor are really grossed out & disgusted when i tongue kiss our rescue pets happy, misty mae, trouble, mugsy & minko stinko...let me know if you want me to post a foto of that, ok?

all love is good love (but particularly with hot brunettes)

namastae#

Shocky1
Shocky1;842345175 said:

ben kone, a 6'8" 240 lbs 2016 mitty & oakland soldier, unofficially visited with the cal bb staff this summer in berkeley

kone played at salesian as a freshman (recalls being dunked on by jabari daily in practice) & last season at mitty accumulated 12 ppg, 12 rpg, a fluid 5.5 apg, 3 blocks & 2 steals per game

ben has transformed his body & impressed the cal coaches with a 26 pt explosion at the pump n' run in anaheim this july

the former skiboarder needs to continue to work on his fitness, ball handling & shots off the dribble...kone is already a ferocious rebounder at the 4, an actively engaged defender with a high motor & an excellent ft shooter (highly unusual for a young big)...in many ways, he is like a young leon powe

ben & his mom kristy are very close which would make a future potential offer from cal & the opportunity to continue playing locally at the #1 public university in the world with ringleader oscar frayer & other soldiers a highly attractive option

cal family#
salute#

the cal coaching staff has made an offer to ben kone, his 1st pac 12 offer

kone now has offers from cal, san diego state, new mexico & new mexico state

"anything in life that's worth doing, is worth over doing...moderation is for cowards#lets hoop"
-ben kone

"big thanks to coach martin and the entire cal coaching staff for the calls tonight...we appreciate the offer!"
-kristy kone

jon harris is gonna be frequently making the short drive to san jose to further build relationships with ben & kristy kone, coach do you need any directions?

this is an old school song but still relevant today..."fame and fortune is like a magnet it can take you far away but all the stars that never were are parking cars and pumping gas"...not a problem if you gotta a degree from the #1 public (#3 overall) university in the world (including san jose)

mitty basketball schedule: http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/archbishop-mitty-monarchs-(san-jose,ca)/basketball/schedule.htm
Vineyardview
Cal Recruits at work Friday night:

Tyler Dorsey - Rose City Classic Final: Cantwell 56 Maranatha 51 Rakocevic 18 pts/15 rebs for Cantwell Dorsey 21 pts/11 rebs/5 assts for Maranatha

Vance Jackson - Bosco hoops takea down Beverly Hills by a score of 61 - 42. Vance Jackson led all scorers with 27pts.5-star C Caleb Swanigan 29 points, 16 rebs as Homestead beats Lawrence Central 73-53.

Caleb Swanigan = 5-star C Caleb Swanigan 29 points, 16 rebs as Homestead beats Lawrence Central 73-53.
Shocky1
played a brisk walking round at estancia including a 9 iron on the short par 3 11th hole in the foto below to 2 feet for a kick in deuce

gamed skippi & slim wadie for $384 in earnings which i then immediately handed over to my caddie, the irreplaceable captain jimmy

so jimmy takes his new mint & tells me "shock, you have no idea how much this means to me with the holidays coming, thank you bro" & shoulder hugs me

hey, i'm mr sensitive so i tell jimmy "do you ever take a ******* shower?"

shocky's economic redistribution efforts=robin hood

when i used to caddie at san francisco golf club during my high school & cal days, there were 2 kinds of members:

good guys-they would offer & get you either a cherry coke or a creamy ghiradelli square quality chocoloate milkshake at the turn
azz wipes-self absorbed rich guys who would hand you their putter leaving the 9th green & then just disappear into the clubhouse

i promised myself then that when i was in the position to help people in the future, i would always do so

a thank you smile is arguably the greatest reward we can receive during our time on planet earth...if you went thru today without helping anybody, without being socially responsible, you've pretty much wasted you day

don't be an azz wipe#
HoopDreams
Liking what I'm seeing from Coach Martin

Looks like the mutual trust and respect between Coach Martin and his players at Cal, is developing to be as strong as between Coach Martin and his players at Tennessee

Shocky1
tyler dorsey's espn's sportscenter dunk

Shocky1
don't huf know that the bears got a curfew in reno?

Shocky1
tyler dorsey lit it up for 37 points as a roster depleted maranatha minutemen (2-2) were bitten by the chino hills huskies 87-65

Shocky1

nurse wicked is thoroughly checking out (including a mri) jabari bird & he will probably miss a couple of games including today's road battle in reno

next man up#
Shocky1
the wolfpack are led by a big 4 of #15 6'6" 205 lbs dj fenner (11.6 ppg), #1 6'3" 185 lbs marqueze coleman (11.3 ppg), #23 6'3" 190 lbs michael perez (10.1 ppg) & #3 6'9" 230 lbs aj west (10.0 ppg & a ferocious 9.9 rpg)...reno is shooting only .369% fgs & .272% 3 pointers with 8 assists per game, their strength is a strong defense

the bears gotta come out with tremendous energy & keep the lawlor center home crowd out of it...if a more ball demanding alpha male david kravish can get aj west in foul trouble, the bears will be in a position to force the wolfpack to settle for 3 point attempts behind the line which is not a strength for them

winning on the road is always a major challenge, bears gotta stay together & take care of business

Shocky1

left to right, tyrone "this is my team" wallace, wolfpack brunette cheerleader, christian "the fast & furious" behrens, david "not gonna quit" kravish & sam "raiders defense" singer

what was the highlight of this afternoon's 1st half at the lawlor center?...that would be the rockin' yoga body brunette cheerleader closest to the end of the cal bench...no doubt she's probably gonna marry a cal, stanford or ivy league grad someday, book it

jay john told me at halftime that when teams stagnate & struggle offensively, they need to pick up the defensive tempo to generate energy...and that's exactly what coach martin's guys did in the 2nd half, creating scoring opportunities thru defensive stops & takeaways

christian behrens continues to play more physically like a bouncer at harrah's & it will be fun to see his upside emerge...david kravish couldn't buy a basket but brought senior leadership at the end of the game when things got dicey in reno...and tyrone wallace continues to play like a royal flush

playing on the road ain't always glamorous:
the bears gotta get home from the road, turn the page & start preparing for wyoming:

5 card tyrone#
beeasyed
Shocky1;842419652 said:

left to right, tyrone "this is my team" wallace, wolfpack brunette cheerleader, christian "the fast & furious" behrens, david "not gonna quit" kravish & sam "raiders defense" singer

what was the highlight of this afternoon's 1st half at the lawlor center?...that would be the rockin' yoga body brunette cheerleader closest to the end of the cal bench...no doubt she's probably gonna marry a cal, stanford or ivy league grad someday, book it

jay john told me at halftime that when teams stagnate & struggle offensively, they need to pick up the defensive tempo to generate energy...and that's exactly what coach martin's guys did in the 2nd half, creating scoring opportunities thru defensive stops & takeaways

christian behrens continues to play more physically like a bouncer at harrah's & it will be fun to see his upside emerge...david kravish couldn't buy a basket but brought senior leadership at the end of the game when things got dicey in reno...and tyrone wallace continues to play like a royal flush

playing on the road ain't always glamorous:
the bears gotta get home from the road, turn the page & start preparing for wyoming:

5 card tyrone#

behrens has been very physical on defense, but also has been pretty good at selling the fouls to the refs. (had to crack a smile when he got Cuse's Christmas in foul trouble)
Shocky1
beeasyed;842419668 said:

behrens has been very physical on defense, but also has been pretty good at selling the fouls to the refs. (had to crack a smile when he got Cuse's Christmas in foul trouble)

the most exciting play in basketball & the greatest energizer of a team is the charge...nobody on the bears takes the beast mode charge better than behrens

cal has a history of team 1st guys thru the years who have been willing to sacrifice their bodies for the team...check out the bandmember in the far upper right hand corner who's kinda concerned about brandon smith's jewels

championship d#
Shocky1
good to see kaileb rodriguez starting & futhering his education at nevada after being asked to leave the cal bb program because of academic issues

cal isn't for everyone
lele504
Shocky1;842419757 said:

good to see kaileb rodriguez starting & futhering his education at nevada after being asked to leave the cal bb program because of academic issues

cal isn't for everyone

FYI- Kaileb did not leave for academic reasons!! He left because coaching staff did not do there part in helping a young man adjust on and off the court. Kaileb made the decision to transfer and go where he was wanted once the smoke cleared. He was not asked to leave and MM actually noted that he lost a good kid and could have and should have done more to help him.

Got his AA at a junior college and 3 full years to take advantage of at Nevada. He is doing great academically and growing into a fine basketball player who has yet to even scratch the surface of his potential. Go and believe what you want about academics. Good thing you think you know everything.

Where are those coaches now? How many kids from that class of recruits left, 1?! Get your facts straight buddy. A troll!!!
lele504
lele504;842419765 said:

FYI- Kaileb did not leave for academic reasons!! He left because coaching staff did not do there part in helping a young man adjust on and off the court. Kaileb made the decision to transfer and go where he was wanted once the smoke cleared. He was not asked to leave and MM actually noted that he lost a good kid and could have and should have done more to help him.

Got his AA at a junior college and 3 full years to take advantage of at Nevada. He is doing great academically and growing into a fine basketball player who has yet to even scratch the surface of his potential. Go and believe what you want about academics. Good thing you think you know everything.

Where are those coaches now? How many kids from that class of recruits left, 1?! Get your facts straight buddy. A troll!!!

Also, that is just to clear up the BS that goes on in forums with people who think they know but don't and you all believe them!!
Shocky1
mr. rodriguez, you certainly know more about your son's situation during his time at cal than me, my apologies
Shocky1
flew from phoenix to reno today sitting next to a nba scouting coordinator (he worked yesterday's arizona/gonzaga game in tuscon) & then took a free ride from him in his rental from mccaron airport to the lawlor center

he told me about the career dilemma choices confronting marginal bubble nba prospects like cobbs & solo, do they go overseas & try to earn a little $ (the number of guys who play their way back into the nba from overseas is very small) or do they try to dazzle in the nba development league earning around $30k a year?

it's a tough situation (pursue some potential international paychecks or pursue your nba hoop dreams) particularly for those without a college degree, when their playing days are gone, their career options are pretty limited at that point

his team categorizes prospects into 3 categories:
1) high priority-guys who could be 1st round, early 2nd round draft choices (40-50 players)
2) bubble-guys who could be drafted but have major question marks, could potentially be drafted late in the 2nd round (50-60 players)
3) watch-guys who are still developing or are late developers, most likely free agents (70-80 players)

at this point in time, his team has tyrone wallace in tier 2 and both david kravish & jabari bird in tier 3

he attended a cal practice earlier this year & david kravish (he loves his coveted high twitch put back rebounding spring after a miss) when david suddenly runs off the court at haas towards the locker room

so he asks one of the cal coaches, what's up, is david injured or something?

the coach said, "nah, he's got a class, he'll be back a little bit later"

mr nba laughed when he told me that story & said "that doesn't happen at kentucky"
HoopDreams
good thoughts to Courtney Range, who was hurt in today's game vs Kansas

it was tweeted that Brittney Boyd didn't leave her side...

[SIZE=3][COLOR="#000080"]family[/COLOR][/SIZE]
mikecohen
Shocky1;842419802 said:

flew from phoenix to reno today sitting next to a nba scouting coordinator (he worked yesterday's arizona/gonzaga game in tuscon) & then took a free ride from him in his rental from mccaron airport to the lawlor center

he told me about the career dilemma choices confronting marginal bubble nba prospects like cobbs & solo, do they go overseas & try to earn a little $ (the number of guys who play their way back into the nba from overseas is very small) or do they try to dazzle in the nba development league earning around $30k a year?

it's a tough situation (pursue some potential international paychecks or pursue your nba hoop dreams) particularly for those without a college degree, when their playing days are gone, their career options are pretty limited at that point

1) high priority-guys who could be 1st round, early 2nd round draft choices (40-50 players)
2) bubble-guys who could be drafted but have major question marks, could potentially be drafted late in the 2nd round (50-60 players)
3) watch-guys who are still developing or are late developers, most likely free agents (70-80 players)

at this point in time, his team has tyrone wallace in tier 2 and both david kravish & jabari bird in tier 3

he attended a cal practice earlier this year & david kravish (he loves his coveted high twitch put back rebounding spring after a miss) when david suddenly runs off the court at haas towards the locker room

mr nba laughed when he told me that story & said "that doesn't happen at kentucky"

The good Shocky - who keeps us looking at this thread. Can't find the right words . . . but something meaningful about this post.
Shocky1

ivan rabb, a member of the raider nation (kinda like broadcaster fallon smith, the wife of nicodemus cristopher), crossed the bay bridge with his running mate paris austin & almost took down kezar with a thunderous left handed tomahawk jam (that barely rolled out) as lou richie's bishop o'dowd dragons (2-0) fireballed the riordan crusaders 59-41 in the city by the bay

hey ivan, isn't kezar located......in san fancisco?

OdontoBear66
HoopDreams;842419848 said:

good thoughts to Courtney Range, who was hurt in today's game vs Kansas

it was tweeted that Brittney Boyd didn't leave her side...

[SIZE=3][COLOR="#000080"]family[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Hoping all is well here. Looked nasty. Second the good thoughts to CR.
concordtom
Shocky1;842419802 said:

this is why people read your post, not for the women.
Thus makes you an insider.
concordtom
mikecohen;842419868 said:

The good Shocky - who keeps us looking at this thread. Can't find the right words . . . but something meaningful about this post.

Damn, you beat me to it!
Same exact thought!
Shocky1
Shocky1;842415274 said:

me: taylor and i are gonna go practice drive around carefree tonite, anybody wanna go?

shay: dad, i have homework from five honors classes and have zero interest in reconstructive surgery

kyle: no, i'm going skateboarding later

me: got it, you'd rather fall on concrete than go in a car with taylor driving

kat (current 1st wife): am i the named beneficiary of all the life insurance policies?

me: typical comment from an asu golddigger

kat: didn't you live in an apartment on a landfill with orange carpet when we first met?

me: yeah but you knew i was a cal grad

kat: whatever...go bears

me: anybody wanna go with us?

at that point i notice my rescue pets happy, misty mae, trouble, mugsy & minko stinko all slinking upstairs...man's best friend my azz

taylor: do you think ivan rabb wants to go with us?

me: love you, taylor, are you ready to go?

taylor: no, i have to put on my makeup

me: what are you talking about?...we're driving alone at night, are you expecting to meet any cute paramedics tonite?

shay: dad, do you want me to print out for you the phone number for the mayo clinic emergency room?

kat: good luck tonite, champ

beep beep#

Hi Bears Fans!!!

My Dad has no fashion sense whatsoever (unless he shops with me) & he's really mean, he wore a Bears helmet when we went practice driving until I made him take it off which he would not do until we got down the driveway.

He takes the dogs on really long hikes up the mountain & he pees with them on boulders like he's a dog too.

What kind of Dad even does these kind of things? Tragic really.

XXXOOO
Taylor

#real talk
Shocky1
Shocky1;842420320 said:

Hi Bears Fans!!!

My Dad has no fashion sense whatsoever (unless he shops with me) & he's really mean, he wore a Bears helmet when we went practice driving until I made him take it off which he would not do until we got down the driveway.

He takes the dogs on really long hikes up the mountain & he pees with them on boulders like he's a dog too.

What kind of Dad even does these kind of things? Tragic really.

XXXOOO
Taylor

#real talk

dear taylor,

how are you?

i am fine

do you think your afterschool study time is best served by working on your biology assignment or informing cal's targeted recruiting prospects regarding my urination practices?

in case you haven't noticed, i'm the alpha male of my dog pack, i gotta lead my troops & take care of business...guess i'm kinda like tyrone wallace that way

if you don't improve your current 3.0+ gpa, you're gonna be going to asu like your mom...and there's no union square shopping in tempe

quite tragic

love,

dad

real talk#

Shocky1
Shocky1;842419802 said:

asked mr nba if he has scouted cal's potential 2015 diamonds are forever class of dorsey, sampson, swanigan & rabb

he told me that nba rules do not allow him to attend a boy's high school basketball game unless he has a son playing & in which case he is expected to leave the gym immediately following the conclusion of the game

there's no bending of the rules, no watching your best friend's cousin, supporting your godson, coaching your brother's kid, etc

having said that, he told me that "those guys don't have nba bodies yet"

yeah, that's not surprising, all 4 guys are high school seniors

working out relentlessly with nicodemus christopher ain't fancy, that's for sure

Shocky1

http://zagsblog.com/articles/uconn-trying-to-jump-back-in-mix-for-tyler-dorsey/#more-125626

tyler putting up serious #s this season & uconn trying to get back in his recruitment

when dorsey's dad jerrid talks watching who's "coming and going," ivan's collegiate decision will be a major factor in cal's recruitment of td
HoopDreams
Congrates to T-Wall for his second Conference Player of the Week

Cal and Coach Martin has given him the stage to shine on the court, and everyone's taken notice...

HoopDreams
[SIZE=4]Cal QB recruit Ross Bowers...
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][video]https://instagr.am/p/wS0R8mnZha[/video][/SIZE]

Shocky1
jonah "don't call me phil" mathews scored a game high 22 points as the santa monica vikings (3-2) stripped the leuzinger olympians of their medals 72-50...jonah is the best 2 guard on the west coast & a huge bears recruiting target for 2016

Shocky1
Shocky1;842399670 said:

Dear Shocky,

Thank you for reviewing in depth my strategic academic repositioning gameplan for the University of Nevada Las Vegas. Your sage suggestion that we consider not allowing escort agencies to come on campus and setting up information booths during the spring UNLV Career Job Fair is one I'm taking a hard look at acting upon during the upcoming year.

Although I can't publicly agree with you for obvious reasons in my current professional capacity, I wholeheartedly embrace your often repeated and brilliantly insightful thesis that highly attractive females from academically mediocre schools seek out Cal, Stanford and Ivy League grads as future boyfriends and husbands.

Shocky, this leads me to my simple request: Would you please introduce Tyrone Wallace to my daughter Aurielle?

Would you please check with Mr. Wallace and Mr. Marco Harris and confirm back to me that Tyrone will be graduating from Cal during the 2015/2016 academic year? I do not want my only daughter hooking up with a "Dumb Azz" that hasn't actually graduated from Cal, college drop outs have no future. Gosh, it's awfully fun to speak like you, Shocky!

Please convey to Tyrone that Aurielle (pictured below) is a recent honor role graduate of UNLV in our well regarded Horse Track Racing Transportation major, that she is very cheerful and loves all animals. Tyrone likes bareback horse riding, right Shocky?

Best regards,

Dean Wormer
University of Nevada Las Vegas

Dear Shocky,

How are you?

I am fine.

Very exciting to hear the terrific news that Tyrone has won a 2nd Pac 12 Conference Player of the Week award! Not to brag but I was just named Clark County Bureaucrat of the Month too.

Aurielle is still very stressed out about what to wear on her 1st date with Tyrone, she really wants to make a favorable impression.

Your fashion input would be most greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Dean Wormer

Shocky1
Shocky1;842419280 said:

nurse wicked is thoroughly checking out (including a mri) jabari bird & he will probably miss a couple of games including today's road battle in reno

next man up#

no medical miracles from nurse wicked, jb not gonna play against wyoming...jabari was wearing a sandal shoe on the bench in reno & moving cautiously

still not sure why bird always wants to take his shirt off for his appointments with nurse wicked...

long season#
First Page Last Page
Page 132 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.