cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,231,964 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
who is the 2nd best team in the pac 12 this season after arizona?

that would arguably be #17 ranked utah which upset the wichita state shockers last week

when coach krystkowiak arrived in freezing azz salt lake city the utes were 6-25 in 2011...special k turned around the program by running off all the guys who didn't wanna play d or go to class every day...last year's 21-11 utah team had 5 guys on the pac 12 all academic team, the most for any team in the league

larry gets it, men take care of their business...discipline starts in the classroom and the s&c program creating a solid foundation for success on the basketball court

who are utah's studs?

jakob poeltl's recruitment is detailed as follows: http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?62260-cal-s-monster-class/page305

delon wright is a favorite along with t-wall for the pac 12 mvp award this season

justin labagh, a former bears walk on & the most winning (87% victories) head coach in the history of college basketball, told me about his recruitment of delon wright to city college of san francisco

labagh has the same barber in the city as portland trailblazers dorell wright who was then with the golden state warriors...dorell tells justin about his younger bro who wasn't really recruited by anyone out of leuzinger high school in los angeles

labagh says yeah, let's do this so delon enrolls in san francisco & averages 10 points, 8 boards & 4 steals per game in the rams high octane highly balanced offense...nobody wants delon at the next level until justin convinces larry to sign him & delon ends up in salt lake city

how come delon didn't end up in berkeley?

labagh told me wright would have not been a good fit academically at the world's #1 ranked public university

so those of you who are gonna continue to cry like whiny azzs & complain about mike & his staff re: not signing poeltl & wright when utah has a strong season, i dunno maybe you should start a support therapy group or stage a protest or something

Shocky1

david, as the smartest bear of them all majoring in integrative biology, you are a perfectionist both on & off the court but sometimes you gotta just let go a little bit & not press so hard

whether you are #45 or playing #41, it's all good...you are the ideal cal student athlete but that doesn't mean you gotta play perfect basketball, just let it naturally unfold...your family, teammates, coaches, fans & community love you big guy

let's do this, baby

who knew tracy webster is the trumpet player for the dmb

this is cal basketball#
NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1;842421185 said:

Shocky, what is this picture from? It is a lovely moment caught on film.
parentswerebears
I'll say this with no shame: if my daughters were older- 15-20 years older!!....

Just saying, if they came home with David later in their lives- I'd be a really happy dad.
Shocky1
NYCGOBEARS;842421247 said:

Shocky, what is this picture from? It is a lovely moment caught on film.

the entire cal basketball team & coaches serving thanksgiving meals at the united methodist church in oakland

[video=youtube;w-7zIsveiJU][/video]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842321436 said:

nicodemus christopher is cal bb's new s&c coach

nicodemus will infuse the program with a whirlwind of positive energy & loud demonstrative support...he is like the shockster but in a much more grown up way

having attended more games (25+ at haas & the road usually sitting behind the team & screaming my azz off) than anybody else not on the cal bb team & staff, a defining characteristic that limited last season's team's trajectory was the abnormally quiet nature of the team & staff...i often noted here that these guys should transfer to the cal chess team with their stoically quiet demeanors

bb like life is a participatory (exclusively watching cal bb on tv does not make you a fan) opportunity to fully mentally & physically engage yourself in the moment...nicodemus christopher gets that, the odds of next season's california golden bears inexplicably sleepwalking thru games (at usc, at santa barbara, etc.) with him on the bench along with better sr leadership from david kravish are gonna be significantly reduced

christopher's significant other is sports reporter fallon smith, a san jose native & ucla grad

nicodemus calls her #my favorite latina

makes sense to me

cal family#

"i am thrilled to welcome nicodemus to the cal family...his combination of knowledge, experience, leadership qualities and great relationships with the student athletes has produced immeasurable results...nicodemus is a very important piece in the continued development of our players on and off the court"

-cuonzo martin

nicodemus christopher & 2 time 1st team all pac 12 california golden bear patrick christopher are cousins

kinda wondering if nicodemus is gonna let patrick borrow any of his shoes anymore...afterall there's a ugly azz pair of orange clown shoes on the far right of this foto

what not to wear#

cal family#

the utah jazz will be calling up patrick christopher from the nba developmental league...it's not known yet if this will be a 10 day contract or more lengthy in duration...patrick went to camp with the memphis grizzlies & is currently playing for the iowa energy
Shocky1
Shocky1;842371785 said:

walked 36 holes today at gamble sands in brewster, washington (close to the canadian border)...it is the best golf course to open in the united states during 2014 & will likely be a new entrant to the us top 100 lists

2015 promises to be an exciting year internationally with 4 major openings:

*****mike devries' cape wickham, king island, australia
*****coore & crenshaw's cabot cliffs, nova scotia, canada
*****gil hanse's olympic course, rio de janerio, brazil

*****tom doak's tara iti, mangawhai, new zealand

do i ever question my quest to be the world's most traveled golf course architecture rater/ranker?

yeah, when tommy & i were lying facedown under an underpass in bogota, columbia with our faces pressed into the concrete & pistols stuck into our jaws, the monkey voices in my head were working overtime

"****, i knew there was something wrong when the taxi driver started making those phone calls, dude sold us out...i'm gonna die because i had to play some mediocre course in south america?...ok, well the par 4 8th hole over the ravine was an exceptional hole for sure...if these dumb azzs kick me in the ribs again, i'm gonna make my move, i don't care"

where's your passport?#
let's roll, baby#

when you've experienced lying facedown under an underpass in bogota, columbia with your face pressed into the concrete & a pistol stuck in your jaw, there's no ******* way i'm gonna miss a cal basketball game at haas because of some well intended but misguided cal students are walking down the street chanting & carrying protest signs when they really should be studying for finals during dead week

not living my life fully because of fear is not an option for me

we attack#
Shocky1
the 8-1 wyoming cowboys are riding into town having already shot up a pac 12 opponent colorado by 20 points

the cowboys balanced attack is led by #22 6'8" 235 lbs larry nance jr (12.7 ppg on .616 fg% & 5.4 rpg), #14 6'2" 185 lbs josh adams (9.8 ppg & 4.2 apg), #1 6'4" 230 lbs charles hankerson jr (8.9 ppg w/an unreal .515 3 pt%), #2 6'2" 165 lbs riley grabau (7.9 ppg) & #11 6'9" 220 lbs derek cooke jr (7.6 ppg & 3.7 rpg)...the cowboys play hard nosed d (they limited the buffs to 33 points) & are the best shooting team the bears have played this season, team .528 fg%

when bears are sick, injured & cornered by hostile cowboys, that's often when bears are the most dangerous

concordtom
AND, don't forget, Wyoming has a white boy who can dunk!
Shocky1
Shocky1;842341924 said:

cuonzo martin has offered vance jackson, a highly skilled 6'7" 200 lbs sharpshooting wing from st john bosco (bryce tregg's hs) in bellflower

jackson is a top 50 2016 player that played well this summer on the aau circuit for belmont shore displaying a more aggressive style of play...the unselfish team player has offers from arizona, defending ncca champs uconn along with most of the pac 12 (except noteably ucla & usc)...his dad vance sr has indicated that the family has a preference for their son staying on the west coast

a key factor in vance's recruitment will be his excellent academic track record & ambition

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

vance lit it up for 30 points including an insane 5 of 10 3 pointers along with 8 boards & 2 assists as the st john bosco braves (7-2) coached by derrick taylor captured javert's inglewood sentinels 79-73

stars#
HoopDreams
who was the hardest worker in the off season?
my guess: Christian Behrens
Recovering from two ACL injuries, Christian battled through rehab, and kept working on his basketball skills
That hard work is paying off. He was a key to beating the Mountain West Wyoming, a team that is top 5 in the nation on defense

12 points on 50% shooting, 8 rebounds, 1 block, 1 assist

HoopDreams
former Cal Bear, long-time NBA player, and now Assistant GM of the San Antonio Spurs
Sean Marks was in the Haas tonight

Shocky1
the native new zealander served as a sounding board to sandy barbour during cal's head coach search
Shocky1

left to right, roger "lockdown" moute a bidias, jordan "nfl pro bowl" mathews, john montgomery's brunette girlfriend, tyrone "mr multiple" wallace, christian "unbreakable" behrens & sammy "grand larceny" singer

coach martin's team held the nation's #5 fg% team to 42 points & zero back door baskets...the defensive progression of guys like jordan mathews who used go around screens into a physical presence that takes as much pride in guarding the cowboys deep threat as going en fuego offensively is fun to watch unfold before our eyes

yeah, it's not too hard to be crazy in love about this team, the energy is contagious

when are you gonna turn off your tv & start roaring like a bear at haas?...come on, let's go cray cray saturday night vs a disciplined princeton team, your voice matters

cal family#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842417826 said:

exclusive cal's monster class video coverage of bears alpha male jordan mathews (#13) playing football

totally love how the santa monica's ocean league mvp's hometown is listed on the pregrame video board as san francisco

cable car baller#

won't show up on no stat sheets but mathews had his best defensive game of his young collegiate career tonite at haas

jm will mess you up#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842392780 said:

don't even think about lifting jabari's cal blue & gold warm up jacket from the bears bench unless you wanna be detained, felt up, strip searched, tongue kissed, handcuffed with chicago model 1000 nickel plated cuffs & showered against the wall with a flexible ease...on the other hand, it kinda sounds like just a date nite with the shockster

to serve and protect#

those of you who worried about dying tonite from 1) a 1,000 year flood and/or 2) the violent protesters will be very relieved to know that it was a perfect crisp 61 degrees when the happy haas contigent headed for home tonite & that the protesters were limited to 3 dozen berkeley high kids with acne holding signs near the asuc store on durant
concordtom
Shocky1;842421975 said:

when are you gonna turn off your tv & start roaring like a bear at haas?...come on, let's go cray cray saturday night vs a disciplined princeton team, your voice matters

It pains me to not be able to take my Princeton '44 step-father to Saturday's game, potentially sitting in my father's '64 seats. My two favorite schools. But more coaching duties of my own disallow!
Uhg! I'll have to watch on tape later that night.
Shocky1
picked 3rd in the pac 12 preseason poll, colorado is now 5-3 after losing at home 62-60 to instate rival colorado state along with earlier losses to georgia & wyoming by 23

beware the mid majors#

Shocky1
the bears turned it over 8 times vs wyoming & only 3 times vs nevada

we attack (smartly & under control)#

concordtom
Shocky1;842421978 said:

won't show up on no stat sheets but mathews had his best game of his young collegiate career tonite at haas

jm will mess you up#

Appreciate the love, but I'll take the 32 in Eugene, thank you very much.
Shocky1
concordtom;842422286 said:

Appreciate the love, but I'll take the 32 in Eugene, thank you very much.

yeah, it was a typo..."best defensive game of his young collegiate career tonite at haas"

jordan's stone cold tongue wagging at syracuse in madison square garden was pretty epic

Shocky1
who's the best player in the 2015 class?

is it ben simmons of the montverde academy, the current #1 ranked player for 2015?

is it ivan rabb of bishop o'dowd who was the #1 ranked player for 2015 at the beginning of last summer before a minor injury?

bishop o'dowd travels to the montverde academy tomorrow for a nationally televised game at 6:30 pm east coast time on espn 2

apparently#
HoopDreams
Former Cal Bear, Patrick Christopher signs with the Utah Jazz

Watch this Jorge (76ers) to Patrick (Jazz) play...

[video=youtube;yfz8FBK7tcU][/video]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842398627 said:

the targeted 2015 is intended to forever change the trajectory of the cal basketball program, to compete for national championships...these guys are elite 5 star immediate impact blue chippers that have been ranked in the top 40 of their class, they are all truly diamonds

stephen domingo, #35 ranked player in the 2013 class, is already a california golden bear

tyler dorsey, #19th ranked player in the 2015 class

brandon sampson, #40th ranked player in the 2015 class

caleb swanigan, #8 ranked player in the 2015 class

ivan rabb, #1 ranked (prior to a minor summertime injury) player in the 2015 class

diamonds are forever#

the cal staff is targeting an official or unofficial trip for caleb swanigan & his guardian roosevelt barnes for the december 28th cal state bakersfield game at haas...as bishop o'dowd does not have any games between december 20th and january 3rd, ivan rabb would be able to hang with his friend caleb

tyler dorsey & ivan rabb will be playing each other on saturday january 3rd when maranatha & bishop o'dowd battle each other...this will be a unique opportunity for cal fans to check out both guys & represent the bears...on the court, tyler & ivan will be able to envision playing with each other in the future

cal's potential diamonds are forever class (2015) is targeting a unique group of student athletes that are interested in competing for a national championship at the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world while developing their nba talents...they are interested in helping not only their families but also their communities, they want to be limitless mentally...they are not interested in attending an academically mediocre basketball factory that discards its workers when they are injured or recruited over...it will take special young men that want to create a unique legacy at cal & define themselves beyond basketball while creating deep bonds & friendships that will endure for decades

this is cal basketball#
HoopDreams
HoopDreams
[SIZE=4]in the Cal win over top 5 defensive team, Wyoming, the TV analysts announced that two-time Pac 12 Player of the Week, Tyrone Wallace is amphibian...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]That's cool, but he's also ambidextrous...[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=4][COLOR="#000080"]best news of the day...[/COLOR][/SIZE]

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=209805160

Shocky1
Shocky1;842390854 said:

jorge gutierrez has made the new jersey net's 2014/2015 roster

2014 salary: $816,482
2015 salary: $947,276

jorge is playing with house money, he has a safety net as a graduate in interdisciplinary studies from the #1 ranked public university in the world...as marco harris likes to say "men take care of their business"

road map for tyrone#
don't be a dumb azz#

gutierrez traded to the philadelphia 76ers
Shocky1
during labor day weekend of 2010 tony woods beat the crap out of his girlfriend in front of their 8 month old child...woods was arrested and charged with three counts of assault for kicking and pushing courney lorel barbout who suffered a fracture of her spine in the attack

against the 6'11" 250 lbs woods, courney had no chance to protect herself

wake forest did the right thing and suspended woods

so oregon's sleazeball head coach dana altman recruited woods to shore up the ducks interior defense

steve alford & dana altman are enablers of players that commit crimes of violence against women if it means they might win a few more games

dana altman is once again relying upon 6 transfers for the ducks 2013 season...2 of these transfers are srs: mike moser & jason calliste

the 2 senior transfers are not student athletes in any sense of the word...moser & calliste will arrive in the fall & then depart that spring with zero academic progress and/or achievement...they are like transients

beyond devaluing the already shaky oregon degree (which is considered a jc caliber education with its 90+% acceptance rate), those players that have worked within the basketball program for several years are recruited over & benched in favor of guys who don't even know where the library is in eugene

so who else did altman recruit for the 2013 ducks?

*elgin cook, declared ineligible during hs in milwaukee for having a gpa under 2.0
http://themilwaukeedrum.com/2011/02/13/the-tragedy-of-elgin-cook-other-mps-black-student-athletes/

*jordan bell from lbp was declared ineligible before the school yr & will not join the roster until next season

*christiano felicio from brazil was declared ineligible by the ncaa after attending a roseville "prep school" handpicked by altman that is facing allegations of academic fraud & child abuse
http://fox40.com/2013/01/10/roseville-prep-academy-coach-arrested-for-physical-abuse/

bottom line
*****a cal degree helps you move forward in life & marry the girl of your dreams
*an oregon degree helps you get hired as the night shift supervisor at the truck stop in medford & probably marrying a lot lizard

*jaquan lyle, 2.5 gpa & suspended for fighting in high school is no longer listed on the oregon basketball roster because of admissions/eligibility issues...now enrolled at the img academy in florida

*ray kosongo has been denied admission by the university's special admission board

*mike moser, jason caliste, johnathan lloyd, richard amardi & waverly austin used up their eligiblity...not clear if any of them will ever earn an oregon diploma

*ben carter, suspended along with dominic artis for selling team issued shoes/gear, transfered to unlv

*a.j. lapray transferred to pepperdine

*brandon austin, 2.6 gpa in philly, was suspended from the providence basketball team after being charged with a sexual assault of a female student...he immediately was recruited & transferred to oregon...when confronted by the media, altman claimed he checked austin's background but did not know he raped a girl while at providence...recently named in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed

*damyean dotson, suspended during the season for trying to use a fake id at a bar, considering transferring & currently not participating in team activities...recently named in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed

*dominic artis, he attended cal's last pac 12 home game at haas vs usc...i was speaking with his former hs athletic director at salesian chad nightingale (played wr for the bears) when dominic came over & said hello, it was clear to me that he wanted to speak privately with chad...recently named in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed & currently attending contra costa cc as a student while practicing (but not playing) for the bb team

*elgin cook & jalil abdul bassit were arrested by the eugene pd for shoplifting at market of choice across the street from matthew knight arena on sept 12th...dana altman has stated "we expect our student athletes to conduct themselves as solid members of this community and team...both are being internally disciplined (which means nothing as usual)"
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/10/two_oregon_ducks_basketball_pl.html

*dana altman knews that elgin cook had been cited for assault & battery, disorderly conduct and vandalism four years ago in wisconsin before he recruited him to oregon...criminal dana altman has stated "i was aware of elgin's background prior to his arrival at the university of oregon...the two years before he arrived here, elgin did very well at prep school and junior college, especially in the classroom...we would not have recruited elgin if we didn't believe he was capable of receiving a college education that he would appreciate and value"
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/10/dana_altman_was_aware_of_elgin.html

this is oregon basketball#
just do it#

what up, coach dept: hypocrite dana altman is upset with players dwayne benjamin & jordan bell because they "held their hands up above their waists throughout the playing of the star spangled banner and then appeared to frisk each other as the team's starting lineup was announced...i think every player has a right to express their opinions, however i didn't think that was the time and place for it...on their own as individuals, they have that right...as part of our basketball team, when you put on the oregon jersey on, it's a little different"

to be honest with you, coach, when i see the oregon basketball jersey i usually think of non academic dumb azzs with minimal educational aspirations & criminal records playing for a coach that is more interested in winning than any life lessons
concordtom
Classy!
stu
Shocky1;842422884 said:

dana altman is upset with players dwayne benjamin & jordan bell because they "held their hands up above their waists throughout the playing of the star spangled banner ..."

How do they simultaneously hold their hands over their hearts and below their waists? Unless they don't know their hearts from their hemorrhoids...
Shocky1
so after our family's hike with my dog pack up the mountain this evening, i ask everybody (except the canines) if they wanna go to the moreau catholic game tonight at pinnacle high school (20 minutes away)
[IMG]/IMG]

taylor & her friend nikki say sure, so we put the top down & drive over to pinnacle while they school me on some new music

we enter the gym & i say "hey, let's sit behind the moreau catholic's bench"

taylor tells me, "sorry, dad, we're gonna go sit with our friends" & they walk over to the pinnacle side of the gym which has a couple hundred fans...from my vantage point behind the mc bench (there are 5 of us) i see my daughter & nikki greet & hug 3 dozen kids at a high school they don't even attend...i realize watching her in action that she's a mini shocky, fearless in introducing herself & socializing with both friends & strangers...taylor may only have a 3.0+ gpa & probably attend asu like her mom but maybe she's gonna be the #1 real estate broker in north scottsdale someday

1st play of the game is an attempted (lob is slightly off) back door ally up slam dunk by cal's 2016 commit oscar frayer...the whole place is absolutely buzzing as oscar is literally a couple of feet above the rim , this **** is getting live

on the 1st defensive series, frayer picks up a questionable foul cal from the ref...oscar doesn't complain or engage in any drama, he calmly just hands the ball to the ref...the assistant football coach i'm sitting with tells me that oscar is very level headed, a good kid

the pinnacle students are loud & well versed with both "oscar" & "overrated" chants...frayer never reacts to the crowd, he's focused on the game

mc presses the whole game (without key cal 2017 priority target pg damari milstead who is suspended for a couple of games due to a violation of school rules) & frayer steals the ball several times with quick twitch hands & high basketball iq anticipation

frayer blocks a couple of shots with redunkulous hops

oscar has a pretty good mid range game & a smooth 3 point stroke (although he slightly fades away)...his free throw shooting is solid

play of the game is a one handed running & then literally flying thru the air tomahawk jam by the junior

frayer is coltish lean & will greatly benefit from the nicodemus intense workouts & he also floats back on d sometimes ala jabari bird's daze at salesian...he also misses a couple of bunnies around the basket

"o" as he is nicknamed by coaches frank knight & jules milstead cramps up & misses most of the 4th quarter in the mariners (1-1) loss but still scores 23 points despite an ivan rabb like unselfish style of play...when a mariner makes a hustle play to steal the ball & fight for a layup late in the game, while coach knight is designing the mariners' d scheme during a timeout, oscar limps off the bench & hugs his teammates from behind while patting his head (which is a total sammy singer move)...dude is a good teammate

mark my words, oscar frayer is gonna be the MOST ATHLETIC student athlete to ever wear a bears jersey in the history of cal basketball...if you don't have season tixs at haas, you're gonna miss some pretty amazing acrobatics by a truly gifted young man...oscar will be multiple in terms of a playing position for coach martin because of his off the charts +1 athleticism

on the way back to the house i ask taylor & nikki what were their favorite plays of the game...the music is so loud, they just ignore me, all i can hear is their laughter

NVBear78
Nice update Shocky, But Why was Moreau playing in Scottsdale, was it a tournament?
Shocky1
NVBear78;842423103 said:

Nice update Shocky, But Why was Moreau playing in Scottsdale, was it a tournament?

the desert duel classic in north phoenix...the mariners are playing again tomorrow but i'm gonna miss that game
Shocky1
the california golden bears 2016 class is gonna be led by uber athletic oscar frayer of moreau catholic & the oakland soliders...this class will likely have a strong nor cal & california (and hopefully nevada too) presence of guys that are gonna be howlin' at the moon in berkeley at the #1 ranked public (#3 ranked overall) university in the world...jonah mathews is a huge recruiting priority along with at least one big & another guard/wing or two

salute#
First Page Last Page
Page 133 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.