cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,231,352 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
stu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
stivo;842425615 said:

The author of this post claims that they're Kanye West. I have a hard time believing that, especially since the post was written from another user's account. However, I also know that Kanye would probably not write on this board under his own name and if I were Kanye, I would probably be a bears fan, so I kind of believe it. Really weird, though, and cool. But also weird.

I'm afraid that account may have been hacked - Dana Altman has also posted from it. But Altman's posts are never cool, just weird. Makes me think they're legitimate.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842398627 said:

the targeted potential 2015 class is intended to forever change the trajectory of the cal basketball program, to compete for national championships...these guys are elite 5 star immediate impact blue chippers that have been ranked in the top 40 of their class, they are all truly diamonds

stephen domingo, #35 ranked player in the 2013 class, is already a california golden bear

tyler dorsey, #19th ranked player in the 2015 class

brandon sampson, #40th ranked player in the 2015 class

caleb swanigan, #8 ranked player in the 2015 class

ivan rabb, #1 ranked (prior to a minor summertime injury) player in the 2015 class

diamonds are forever#

there are 2 national recruiting battles that might signficantly impact cal's potential diamonds are forever class:

*****malik newman: the #1 rated guard in the nation is looking hard at his favorites, kansas & kentucky...kentucky's recent commitment from elite guard isaiah briscoe might give kansas the edge...newman has indicated that he will not decide until april at the earliest
http://zagsblog.com/articles/malik-newman-father-talk-recruiting-possibly-teaming-up-with-briscoe/

newman's impact upon cal: tyler dorsey's favorites are kansas & cal with oregon (and its facilities) 3rd with asu & colorado chasing closely behind...the questions become, how long is tyler dorsey gonna let bill self slow play him?...is td interested in a world class education (or a mediocre one) that will have a lifelong impact after his basketball playing days are over?...how important are the relatively quick & inexpensive southwest flights from burbank to oakland vs the costly & time consuming flights from lax to kansas?...does tyler want to go to college in california or the freezing azz corn fields of the midwest?...how important is td's personal connection to the cal's players & coaches?

*****antonio blakeney: the elite florida guard is strongly considering pulling the trigger on lsu as "lsu commit ben simmons has been vocal in his recruitment of both blakeney and img academy jaquan lyle"
http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/antonio-blakeney-could-decide-soon/#more-126023

blakeney's impact upon cal: brandon sampson's favorite are lsu & cal with st john & usc (coaches visited last week) also in the game...sampson has gotta be wondering why the lsu coaches are encouraging simmons to be recruiting guards blakeney & lyle

searching for answers in the mines#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842346087 said:

the bears staff is actively scouting 6' 155 lbs 2016 top 100 player jordan ford a fiery pg from folsom (sacramento) & an oakland soliders teammate of cal commit oscar frayer

jordan is from a close family as dad cuezar played baseball at uc santa barbara, mom ann encourages his strong academic work in the classroom & sister jennifer who is 3 years older used to kick his azz in basketball games

ford scored 22.6 ppg, 3.6 apg, 4.2 rpg & 2.4 spg in leading folsom to a 32-3 record...the bulldogs lost 63-54 in the division ii championship game at sleepy train arena to st john bosco despite 20 pts from their uber competitive leader

after a strong summer starting for the soliders, ford's recruitment is starting to pick up velocity with offers from numerous mid majors including pepperdine...with a strong academic profile, an undeniable will to compete & an unselfish approach to the game, and a tight family that attends all of his games, a potential future offer from the local #1 ranked public university in the world might be a simple solution to jordan's collegiate decision

jordan ford scored 18 pts w/8 boards in the 2014 6th annual nor cal clash...only bad **** to be said about jordan is that he's also kinda interested in stanford

don't be a dumb azz#

congrats to jordan ford on his offer from the cal basketball coaching staff

the bears are building a sturdy pipeline with the oakland soliders for the oscar frayer led cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

salute#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842423122 said:

the california golden bears 2016 class is gonna be led by uber athletic oscar frayer of moreau catholic & the oakland soliders...this class will likely have a strong nor cal & california (and hopefully nevada too) presence of guys that are gonna be howlin' at the moon in berkeley at the #1 ranked public (#3 ranked overall) university in the world...jonah mathews is a huge recruiting priority along with at least one big & another guard/wing or two

salute#

jordan, are you gonna be howlin' at the moon with your boy, oscar?
Shocky1
Shocky1;842419215 said:

tyler dorsey's espn's sportscenter dunk

tyler dorsey scored 24 points along with 4 boards, 3 assists, a steal & a smooth ball handling no turnovers as the marantha minutemen (2-3) were clawed 56-53 by the prestonwood christian lions (12-2, how does a high school in texas already play that many games?) at the tark towel munching classic in las vegas
Vineyardview
Jerry Meyer 247's National Basketball analyst commented on Tyler Dorsey's performance: "Tyler Dorsey was terrific yesterday. Healthy. Took bite out of that "he isn't a point guard talk." Heard same bout Jrue Holiday #TarkClassic"

PS: Jerry Meyer, last I checked, is currently predicting Tyler to Cal - I hope his view proves accurate.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842397176 said:

happy & misty mae chewed up my favorite yoga pants (they apparently did not get the email reminding them that i'm the alpha dog in our pack) so i went over to lulu lemon at the q to pick out a new pair:

yoga girl: these are really attractive, is there anything else i can do for you?

me: well, can i get that poster on the wall?

yoga girl: no, that's not available, why do you ask?

me: i'm a dumb azz

yoga girl: you don't look like a dumb azz

me: looks can be deceiving

yoga girl: hmmmm...well, i like your pink shirt

me: thanks but it's not pink, it's fuschia

yoga girl: ok, i like your fuschia shirt

me: thanks, i like your yoga pants

yoga girl (smiling): thanks!

yoga girl: do you have anyone special to care for these pants, do you know how to properly clean them?

me: i dunno, i kinda treat my yoga pants like my dogs

yoga girl: really, how does that work?

me: well, when they start to smell bad i throw them in the pool & then jump in naked with them

yoga girl: wow, i'll bet your neighbors love you!

annoying lady in line: miss, excuse me, if you two are done doing whatever it is that you're doing, could i just pay for my stuff now and get out of here?

shut up, shocky#

went to nooner yoga in scottsdale & got caught up with padraig o'brien, a skills development trainer for 5 nba lottery picks & who has also assisted jai steadman (longtime friend of cuonzo martin) & his westwind prep's basketball team...told him about the king's strong play against nba prospects christmas & mccculough at madison square garden & o'brien was happy to hear the news & basically told me that if the king can fully develop his inner bad azz (he's too much of an english gentleman) his upside is signficant

padraig introduced me to fellow yoga classmate alec brown, the phoenix suns 2014 2nd round draft choice (50th overall)...brown is very polite with a humble smile...he's a smart guy, his intellect is obvious & he's articulate (not a dumb azz baller)...alec told me he was 6'3" entering high school which is why he attended college at wisconsin green bay...he is now a very lean 7' 226 lbs (recovering from a shoulder time which has limited his lifting)...brown is an excellent shot blocker (quick twitch hops) with a consistent mid range game with very strong perimeter shooting skills...there's room on nba rosters for a pale white (dude has zero suntan) guy from the midwest with those characteristics

alec brown=david kravish
Vineyardview
Vineyardview;842425966 said:

Jerry Meyer 247's National Basketball analyst commented on Tyler Dorsey's performance: "Tyler Dorsey was terrific yesterday. Healthy. Took bite out of that "he isn't a point guard talk." Heard same bout Jrue Holiday #TarkClassic"

PS: Jerry Meyer, last I checked, is currently predicting Tyler to Cal - I hope his view proves accurate.

The same Jerry Meyer also commented that Duke commit Chase Jeter had contacted Caleb Swanigan trying to "give him a strong push for him" to replace the void made by Semi Ojeleye's transfer. Jeter is quoted, "I'm just trying to get him."
parentswerebears
He changed it to Kansas in the middle of November. But he changed it to Cal in October. So maybe he changes it to Cal in January, then to Kansas in February, then back to Cal in March, hopefully Dorsey commits in March or May if this AB pattern persists. Or to Cal in any month would also work..
Shocky1
Vineyardview;842425966 said:

jerry meyer is the respected director of basketball scouting for 247 sports with direct contacts to recruits & their families along with sources at the aau, high school & collegiate coaching levels

meyer is currently predicting tyler dorsey to kansas (dated november 13th around the time of td's official visit to lawrence) & brandon sampson to cal

not legit at all is espn's jeff goodman, the proud owner of 3 chins & a university of arizona degree, who gets his anti cal info from josh "cheap shot" pasternack in tuscon...goodman should have been pulled off the air for his numerous inaccurate "commentary" re: the cal basketball program during the bears spectacular nationally televised victory vs syracuse at madison square garden

i dunno, maybe goodman could actually research college teams other than his wildcats rather than stuffing his face with triple cheeseburgers & fries at dirtbags on east speedway...kinda wondering if sean miller is gonna take ivan to dirtbags during his official visit...from a culinary standpoint, it's no ol' yeller caf, that's for sure

credibility#
SFBearz
Shocky1;842425827 said:

congrats to jordan ford on his offer from the cal basketball coaching staff

the bears are building a sturdy pipeline with the oakland soliders for the oscar frayer led cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

salute#

Yes, congrats to Jordan on the big offer.
Shocky1
took my fashionista daughters shay & taylor and their friends katie and carson (uncle jeff hornaceck played in the nba & is currently the phx suns head coach) to the antlers (indie band from brooklyn) concert tonite at the crescent ballroom in downtown phx this summer

shaylor live music rules stipulate that i cannot stand by them unless they initiate such proximity to their dad

oh well

anyways, my favorite song was the hauntingly beautiful "palace" which is about a very personal & special place in your life that is filled with treasured memories, somewhere that is magical

as the song ended i realized that in many ways haas pavilion is my palace

what is your palace?...will you be at your palace tomorrow night at 7:00 pm?

2013 pac men's basketball attendance (national ranking with per game average):

19) arizona-14,157
37) colorado-10,392
45) ucla-9,549
50) utah-8,611
53) california-8,297
57) washington-7,937
67) oregon-6,702
90) arizona state-6,143
not in the national top 100
washington state-4,901
oregon state-4.784
stanford-4,530
usc-4.243
both stanford & usc are in the bottom 3 for fan apathy & low attendance for schools among the major conferences

if california basketball is gonna go to the next level, the team needs YOU to attend the eastern washington and/or wisconsin games and not only attend but roar like wild bears with all your heart

the palace#
concordtom
Damn. Stanford and USC - that's pathetic!
I wonder where Cal stood on this list in the Kidd or Powe years. Anyone? Anyone?

AZ impressive at 14k, but they are only #19 on the list. Who are the 18 above them and what are those figures? (2014 figures via NCAA and NBA websites)
1. Syracuse 26,253
2. Kentucky 22,964
3. Louisville 21,282
4. North Carolina 18,025
5. Creighton 17,896
6. Indiana 17,359
7. Wisconsin 17,104
8. Ohio St. 16,474
9. Kansas 16,437
10. Memphis 16,121
11. BYU 15,875
12. Tennessee 15,475
13. Nebraska 15,419
14. Marquette 15,327
15. Illinois 15,246
16. New Mexico 15,212
17. Iowa 14,976
18. Michigan St. 14,797
19. Arizona 14,375

[URL="http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/year/2014"][U]NBA attendance[/U][/URL] ranges from
21k for Bulls, to
13k for Bucks.
Shocky1
gonna bring my current 1st wife kat to haas tonite (unless she insists upon wearing her asu gear)

we attack#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842423305 said:

nurse wicked is not gonna let the bird fly free tonite with vengeful tigers in the haas

meanwhile jb still insists upon taking his shirt off for every examination

next man up#

nurse wicked isn't gonna let the bird roam the airspace of haas tonite but the good news is that jb got her number
Shocky1
the eagles are led by the duo of #1 6'4" 185 lbs tyler harvey (21.0 ppg & .450 3 pt%) & #55 6'8" 230 lbs flashy euro venky jois (19.6 ppg & 8.3 rpg) with solid support from #0 6'7" 220 lbs ognjen miljkovic (12.2 ppg), #22 6'4" 185 lbs drew brandon (9.0 ppg, 7.7 rpg & 4.4 apg) & #10 6'4" 195 lbs parker kelly (8.3 ppg & .455 3 pt%)

eastern washington is one of the top 3 point shooting teams in the nation with a .408% on 107 makes out of 262 shots...while the eagles do not have a strong interior post defense, they are quick handed with 75 steals on the season

the bears gotta close out on their perimeter shooters & the box out for the crazy azz long rebounds, the guards & wings gotta hit the boards...with a height/rebounding advantage, cal should be able to get a few breakaways & push tempo in transition

the eagles are a very dangerous team on the road having defeated indiana & with fiercely contested defeats vs nationally ranked smu & washington

a loud haas crowd could be the difference vs this probable ncca tournament team

Shocky1
what sophisticated defenses are opponents scheming to limit the damage of the arguably #1 player in the nation?

yeah, it's called doubling & triple teaming with an occasional 4th guy helping out too...ivan's gonna be wearing goggles before this season is over with all the flashing hands in his face

at the iolani classic in hawaii, bishop o'dowd head coach lou richie did the right thing in barely playing his starters at ivan scored 7 points in the dragons 74-21 fireballing of the mid pacific institute in the 1st game...in the 2nd round game rabb scored 11 points with 12 boards as the dragons jousted the lexington catholic knights 57-49

not that it matters but its currently 29% in lexington right now

247 sports is now predicting ivan rabb will be signing with diamond head community college & it's rumored that tami rabb is gonna be opening a southern soul asian fusion caf near waialae country club that serves tasty grits with sashimi

aloha ivan

[URL] [/URL]
concordtom
Shocky1;842425972 said:

he is now a very lean 7' 226 lbs

alec brown=david kravish

Big difference is that David Kravish is not close to 7'
BeachedBear
concordtom;842426622 said:

Big difference is that David Kravish is not close to 7'

I bet he's within a few inches..... that's closer than most!
Shocky1

left to right, sammy "re raiders scorer" singer, tyrone "my wife loves you" wallace, christian "beast mode charge ballbreaker" behrens, jordan "15 yard penalty" mathews, roger "out of africa" moute a bidias, david "finals be over" kravish, dwight "winning is more fun than losing" tarwater & brandon "the sniper" chauca

yeah, my current 1st wife kat thinks t-wall is "hot"

whatever

kudos to s&c guru nicodemus christopher, the better conditioned team was victorious tonite...all the off season work is paying off as the bears d intensity (particularly the huevos grande charges taken by the son of bj behrens, every time christian stands in there tall & takes the ******* contact he is honoring the memory of his dad) wears opposing teams down as the game progresses

yet there is much work to do if the bears even wanna even have a chance of evolving into a ncca tournament team...cuonzo's guys don't play (yet) the 40 minutes of high intensity basketball that characterizes special teams...at the beginning of the game & for an extended period to start the 2nd half, the bears went into a non focused black out daze

any periods of a black out daze vs a probable final four team like wisconsin won't work

40 minutes of basketball#
Shocky1
*****what are your expectations for the 2014/2015 season?

my hope is that the california golden bears play together with a consistent and relentless passion, intensity, discipline & most importantly, like little kids playing basketball on the playground without a care in the world & having lots of fun with their best friends ...if the bears can play with those characteristics, the wins will pile up & maybe coach martin will take everyone out for grape snow cones (although nicodemus is frowning at that idea)

look at the interactions among this year's players & coaches with one another, they genuinely respect & like each other, guys are having fun playing basketball...gone are the constipated unhappy looks from last year's mentally weak team that played basketball for different reasons (the 3 seniors didn't even both to show up for the team's year end awards dinner)...guys got on each other last season when they things didn't go well, look at this year's team, everybody's got david kravish back during this rough period

these bears are more vocally & mentally engaged, they are playing together

bring on the snow cones, coach

this is cal basketball#
Shocky1

dude is a basketball player, just leave him some gym keys for his nighttime workouts...sammy singer will not be outworked

i've been following singer's career for a while going back to conversations with his ransom everglades raiders head coach claude grubair re: sam's high character & his special ability to connect with people

my favorite memory of singer during the 2013 season was his ferocious fronting defense (mike went to a diamond d scheme with sam successfully denying the down low entry pass) against pac 12 leading rebounder/shot blocker 7'2" jordan bachynski during the asu game at haas which helped the bears get back into the game

you can learn a lot about a player by watching them during timeouts...singer was one of the few bears that was usually mentally engaged & supportive of his teammates during to's while other guys looked like they were lost in space

singer passed up too many basket attacking opportunities & open 3 pointers last season, he's gotta have confidence in his abilities & let it fly...otherwise, opposing pgs will pack the paint & double up on other bears

one of sammy's endearing qualities is that the dude likes to pat his teammates on the head like they are dogs...no doubt he's gonna adopt some rescue dogs down the road

"sam is fast in transition, makes great decisions...we want him to be more aggressive looking for his offense"
-cuonzo martin

cal's monster class#

sammy singer used his exploitable size advantage vs opposing point guards to attack the basket for 15 points on 7-9 field goals with with 3 assists, 3 boards, a steal, a block & only 1 turnover...no reason singer can't build upon this newfound collegiate basket attacking mode (he did it all thru high school)

claude grubair is smiling at joe's stone crabs today in miami

concordtom
Good last 2 posts shock.
I agree!
Shocky1
Shocky1;842379122 said:

christian behrens rocked a 3.5 gpa (he ain't a stoopid dumb azz) & served on the school leadership team at tahoma hs in washington before bringing his 30' vj & 80' wingspan to berkeley

what you may not know about christian behrens is that his dad bj died at their maple valley home following a 16 month battle against brain cancer in the early hours of feb 19, 2010...he had turned 53 the month prior and was known for his bravery & great sense of humor

christian has said of his father "i know he's looking down at me...i know he's proud and that's what i'm trying to do every day in what i do, make him proud"

there can be no doubt that bj, mom andrea & sister rachel are very proud of christian who has also fought back from 2 serious knee surgeries

next time you're at a bears game, make sure that you recognize and celebrate christian behrens & the road less traveled he's taken in life

bj & christian behrens

christian behrens has no quit in him, he is relentless...he has stared down tragedy more than once and perservered

christian behrens is truly unbreakable & a great teammate

"tough work out today, but wouldn't want it any other way...gotta get better"
-christian behrens after 1st workout with new bears staff

"when you have knee injuries like that, i had four myself, you need to block that out...that's easier said than done...but he's built up his quads and his hamstrings...he's doing a great job competing...he has good tools and he's a better athlete than i anticipated...the key is to maintain his confidence"
-cuonzo martin

the fast & furious#

christian behrens scored 20 points on a crafty & highly efficient 8-9 fgs & 4-4 fts (dude missed only one shot all last nite) along with 8 boards & no turnovers...and most importantly from a crowd & teammate energy standpoint his taking the stone cold charges for his team were the turning points in the game vs eastern washington

cb has been coached up by jon harris & is aggressively finishing around the basket with confidence & skillfully with both hands

when you look in christian's eyes, you see the fiery determination of someone who is truly unbreakable

dad#

look at #5 of syracuse, he want no part of that california golden bear, that **** not safe
Shocky1
td went off for 38 points on 16-26 fgs & 3-7 3 pointers along with 8 boards, 3 assists, 3 steals & only 2 turnovers as the marantha minutemen declawed the winward wildcats 79-71 at the tark towel eating classic in las vegas

diamonds are forever#
mikecohen
Shocky1;842426961 said:

dude is a basketball player, just leave him some gym keys for his nighttime workouts...sammy singer will not be outworked

i've been following singer's career for a while going back to conversations with his ransom everglades raiders head coach claude grubair re: sam's high character & his special ability to connect with people

my favorite memory of singer during the 2013 season was his ferocious fronting defense (mike went to a diamond d scheme with sam successfully denying the down low entry pass) against pac 12 leading rebounder/shot blocker 7'2" jordan bachynski during the asu game at haas which helped the bears get back into the game

you can learn a lot about a player by watching them during timeouts...singer was one of the few bears that was usually mentally engaged & supportive of his teammates during to's while other guys looked like they were lost in space

singer passed up too many basket attacking opportunities & open 3 pointers last season, he's gotta have confidence in his abilities & let it fly...otherwise, opposing pgs will pack the paint & double up on other bears

one of sammy's endearing qualities is that the dude likes to pat his teammates on the head like they are dogs...no doubt he's gonna adopt some rescue dogs down the road

"sam is fast in transition, makes great decisions...we want him to be more aggressive looking for his offense"
-cuonzo martin

cal's monster class#

sammy singer used his exploitable size advantage vs opposing point guards to attack the basket for 15 points on 7-9 field goals with with 3 assists, 3 boards, a steal, a block & only 1 turnover...no reason singer can't build upon this newfound collegiate basket attacking mode (he did it all thru high school)

claude grubair is smiling at joe's stone crabs today in miami

Whether it's during this season or between this season & next, he has to shoot zillions of treys in the gym - Not that he doesn't already know that.
concordtom
mikecohen;842427196 said:

Whether it's during this season or between this season & next, he has to shoot zillions of treys in the gym - Not that he doesn't already know that.

I dunno, how did Stella get HER groove back?
mikecohen
concordtom;842427200 said:

I dunno, how did Stella get HER groove back?

I dunno. Whereas repetitive athletic activity is the key to mastering it; I don't think the same is true of sex or sexual love (I'll leave the grammatic ambiguity in there, just to see if somebody really doesn't understand the ant-analogy).
concordtom
It's like this, "No, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"
mikecohen
concordtom;842427212 said:

It's like this, "No, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

Does that actually happen in real life?
Shocky1
what could be worse than losing your 4th game of the season to kentucky 83-42?

answer: finding out your head coach is an unremorseful enabler of a rapist because he thought it might help him win a few more games

check out the orange county register article: "alford's past paints blurry character portrait"
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/alford-535065-indiana-basketball.html

if steve alford has not protected his star basketball player after he raped the 1st student, then the 2nd victim most likely would have been spared this violent crime

if alford had been a basketball coach at an iowa middle school rather than the head coach at the university of iowa, then alford would be in a prison today for his documented role in enabling/facilitating a convicted rapist to escape justice all in the name of his winning a few more basketball games

steve alford's insincere decade late apology as mandated by the ucla athletic director during april of 2013:

"at that time i instinctively and mistakenly came to (pierece's) defense before knowing all the facts...i wanted to believe he was innocent and in response to a media question i publicly proclaimed his innocence before the legal system had run its course"

"that was inappropriate, insensitive and hurtful especially for the young female victim and i apologize for that"

"i have learned and grown from that experience and now understand that such proclamations can contribute to an atmosphere in which similar crimes go unreported and victims are not taken seriously"

why did alford wait over a decade to apologize?

does alford truly feel any responsibility for the 2nd rape victim because of his actions?

steve alford=dana altman=joe paterno

this is ucla basketball#

R.Hobbs
To be in a more comfortable surroundings, where the university and the city really know the value of D-1 athletics, Alford is leaving UCLA and will be named the head basketball coach at FSU
Vineyardview
Putting UCLA's representing the P-12 clown stomping by Kentucky in perspective remember the B1G has hoops losses this year to: NJIT, EMU, Saint Peter’s, St. Francis, Central Mich, Incarnate Word, North Florida, EWU, Texas Southern.

It seems the mighty from the power conferences can stink out the joint occasionally
Shocky1
R.Hobbs;842427302 said:

To be in a more comfortable surroundings, where the university and the city really know the value of D-1 athletics, Alford is leaving UCLA and will be named the head basketball coach at FSU

only if alford can bring his son bryce as the starting point guard (his son is a very good scoring 2, not a 1)
Shocky1
coach martin during his post game radio interview noted that his players are on time every morning for early breakfasts, that they are on time for practices, s&c sessions & study hall too...he honestly thinks these disciplined & hard working guys are special individuals that have come together as a competitive team & he implored "bears fans" to attend future games at haas...based on these comments & a conversation earlier this week with another coach, it's clear the staff thinks more fans, more energy at home games will dramatically move the program forward in an upward trajectory from both a gameday & recruiting advantage standpoint

unless you are an air traffic controller or santa claus, can you move your busy holiday schedule around to roar at haas for a game or two?

*****#5 ranked wisconsin-monday december 22nd at 6:00 pm
*****cal state bakersfield-sunday december 28th at 7:00 pm (national top 10 2015 player caleb swanigan will be likely visiting along with ivan rabb)
*****#16 ranked washington-friday january 2nd at 7:00 pm
*****washington state-sunday january 4th at 3:00 pm

there are youth & senior tixs for under 20 bucks...if attending a game would be a financial imposition at this time (which is understandable given the economy) but you love the bears, send me a private message (unless i've already bought you tixs in the past) & i'll confidentially hook you up with tix(s) at will call

being a cal fan isn't like belonging to some exclusive club or something, the university of california-berkeley is an iconic symbol worldwide of public learning, a place for the people...that means all of us...honestly bears in the wild don't give a **** where you did or did not go to school, only the roar matters at haas

our new staff would welcome greater attendance at home games...they may not fully appreciate yet that on the west coast it's significantly more competitive to attract sell out crowds at collegiate sporting events than other parts of the country, there's literally a million more things to do in your free time in the amazing san francisco bay area than knoxville (sorry, eating at shoney don't count) including a local nba team that is killing it this season

no west coast teams are in the top 40 for ncca attendance for these reasons other than arizona at #19 (and let's face it, tucson is a dump) & san diego state at #27...there's not much to do in tucson for fun other than shuffleboard at the green valley retirement home and/or watch the border patrol arrest drug smugglers

cal was a respectable #53 in national attendance last year (there are many diehard absolutely loyal cal fans) but we can do better...i'm not a whiny azz complainer re: anything in life, i'm a ******* problem solver so i've already talked with associate athletic director in charge of basketball & football marketing ashwin puri re: a meeting in early january at which time ash will share with me the cal strategic basketball marketing gameplan that we will discuss...to his credit ash has indicated a sincere interest in fan feedback

let's do this, let's support these california golden bears (even if it means bringing an asu sun devil to haas)...let's make the potential 2015 diamonds are forever class happens in berkeley

together we attack#
First Page Last Page
Page 135 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.