cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,263,474 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

mcdonalds all american caleb swanigan scored 26 points along with 13 boards as the homestead spartans court martialed 89-51 the concordia lutheran cadets

ronald could not be reached for a comment
Shocky1
concordtom;842456344 said:

Shocky, you'll have to report if Taylor ends up dating guys on the basketball team!

all the guys on the cal basketball team are pretty special guys but that don't mean there's not an application process too (no exceptions, not even for brenden glapion)

don't be a dumb azz (gpa matters)#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842452986 said:

i dunno maybe coach martin & the staff like them berkeley yellowjackets?

or maybe they gonna go to mcdonalds or eat dog food or something?...i'll bet you anything mr healthy nicodemus won't dine with them, no sir

this is cal basketball#

bishop o'dowd hosts berkeley tomorrow nite at 7:00 pm in oakland in young ivee's 2nd to last regular season high school basketball game

if you live in the bay area, you might wanna consider grabbing a tasty quick dinner at the ol' yeller caf & then walking across the street to the bod gym for the tip off, wear your cal gear

coach martin has virtually atteneded every one of rabb's soliders & dragons games since he came on board other than those that conflicted with cal's schedule

no word if ronald if gonna be there too

cal family#
HoopDreams
four seniors
working hard on the court and in the classroom

[SIZE=5]getting it done[/SIZE]
Shocky1

you got classes this morning

you going to the #1 public university in the world not some academically mediocre school like arizona that really only expects their basketball players to play basketball on the basketball court with a basketball

today's not some kinda black out day, let's roll, let's do this

don't be a dumb azz#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842453403 said:

jonah, happy 17th birthday, mr future ocean league mvp/best scoring 2 on the west coast/key cal 2016 recruiting target

the bears are gonna need you to make buckets, do you wanna do that at the #1 public university in the world?

your brother loves you & wants to play his senior season with you both wearing blue & gold...mom & dad would like that too if that's your dream, it's 100% your decision

i dunno, maybe you could crash sometimes with jordan at the basketball house but don't forget oscar is gonna need a dorm roommate for cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

17#

"all you need is your team when it comes down to it"
-jonah mathews

cal family#
OdontoBear66
stu;842456358 said:

Don't forget Cowling, who may possibly be the best of the bunch, and our 4 other 2015 recruits.

A whoops on my part. Depending how long it takes the freshmen to adjust of college play, this may be the best team we have in years next year.
stu
OdontoBear66;842456693 said:

Depending how long it takes the freshmen to adjust of college play, this may be the best team we have in years next year.

Yes, if the chemistry is right they should be great. And with no seniors even better the following year!
Shocky1

true freshman sebastian crampton from pacific grove shot a redunkulous 65 (7 birdies, no bogeys) breaking the previous course record by 3 strokes at kukui'ula golf club on the garden isle of kauai...the course is 7.048 yards with stiff ocean breezes from the pacific & carries a stern course rating of 74.8 from the tips...as one of the foremost golf architecture panelists in the world, i was invited to the club's grand opening a few years ago

coach desimone (gotta love des) told me at a basketball game earlier this season that sebastian has the potential to be the greatest golfer to ever play for the bears

crampton is a game changer, golf needs a new face (and preferably a more diverse one) for the future

sebastian crampton is the ivan rabb of collegiate golf

cal breaking barriers#
wifeisafurd
Shocky1;842456713 said:

true freshman sebastian crampton from pacific grove shot a redunkulous 65 (7 birdies, no bogeys) breaking the previous course record by 3 strokes at kukui'ula golf club on the garden isle of kauai...the course is 7.048 yards with stiff ocean breezes from the pacific & carries a stern course rating of 74.8 from the tips...as one of the foremost golf architecture panelists in the world, i was invited to the club's grand opening a few years ago
[IMG][/IM

coach desimone (gotta love des) told me at a basketball game earlier this season that sebastian has the potential to be the greatest golfer to ever play for the bears

crampton is a game changer, golf needs a new face (and preferably a more diverse one) for the future

sebastian crampton is the ivan rabb of collegiate golf

cal breaking barriers#

Met his parents at the golf team tourney and could not be more impressed. He will have a solid head, as well as swing, unlike the last face of golf. There is some very good talent in this frosh class in addition to Crampton, who has a huge upside as well.
Shocky1
wifeisafurd;842456718 said:

Met his parents at the golf team tourney and could not be more impressed. He will have a solid head, as well as swing, unlike the last face of golf. There is some very good talent in this frosh class in addition to Crampton, who has a huge upside as well.

like ivan rabb, sebastian crampton will need to continue to stay humble, avoid injuries & relentlessly work on his game (in crampton's case his wedge game is not fully developed per des)

and yeah, sebastian gotta learn from tiger's mistakes & stay away from skanky women too (this is not a picture of des)
Shocky1
clearly he's gotta avoid ratchet hos like rachel uchitel (see above)

call me mr matchmaker but sebastian should be hanging out with a smart, culturally diverse student athlete like cal women's golfer lucia gutierrez from lima, peru

you know, a classy smart girl that you can take home to mom & that will walk 36 holes with you during a beautiful east bay summer day on the links before heading with you to whole foods for dinner & maybe a shared chocolate shake at the ol' yeller cafe for desert

cal is a dream school#
Shocky1
with the bears leaving from the salt lake city airport on southwest airlines monday at noon, i introduced taylor to coach martin & thanked him for all his hard work with the cal basketball program

coach was watching video on his laptop with nicodemus christopher, making notes in a binder, he must've analyzed that sequence 41 times...who knew that nicodemus could play the sax & the flute?

Shocky1

carlos johnson scored 16 points on 5-19 fgs along with 11 boards, 5 assists, 2 steals, a block & only 1 turnover as the el cerrito gauchos air controlled 72-61 the st joseph notre dame pilots
Shocky1
jordan ford scored 15 points in limited playing time as the folsom bulldogs concluded their regular season walk at the dog park with a 76-47 endangerment of the del oro golden eagles
Shocky1
Shocky1;842447447 said:

marshawn

shocky

ivan (with apologies to asha thomas & paris austin)

http://vimeo.com/45797764

50 year friendships#

ivan rabb dnp (resting his sore foot) as the bishop o'dowd dragons made a fashion statement 81-61 to them berkeley yellowjackets

lou richie's star player is not all about jacking up 25 shots every night to get his 40 points, he's willing to share the limelight with his teammates & is truly happy for them as they also get to showcase their basketball talents & create future educational opportunities such as the this week's commitment (and full scholarship) by isaiah thomas to the northern arizona lumberjacks

a greater glory#
Shocky1
"it's been six games, you've been missing...i'm about to put you on the milk box"
-coach martin to david kravish during the long ago mid season dark ages

who knew dk was the lead singer for st lucia?

renaissance man#

HoopDreams

[SIZE=4]The Orange beat #12 Louisville today[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Some say that the Cal win on (basically) Syracuse's home court was over rated, as Syracuse isn't good this year

But since Syracuse's loss to Cal, they lost starting forward Chris McCullough and still beat the #12 team in the country[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Yeah, I think Syracuse is plenty good with projected NBA draftee Rakeem Christmas[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842423093 said:

so after our family's hike with my dog pack up the mountain this evening, i ask everybody (except the canines) if they wanna go to the moreau catholic game tonight at pinnacle high school (20 minutes away)

taylor & her friend nikki say sure, so we put the top down & drive over to pinnacle while they school me on some new music

we enter the gym & i say "hey, let's sit behind the moreau catholic's bench"

taylor tells me, "sorry, dad, we're gonna go sit with our friends" & they walk over to the pinnacle side of the gym which has a couple hundred fans...from my vantage point behind the mc bench (there are 5 of us) i see my daughter & nikki greet & hug 3 dozen kids at a high school they don't even attend...i realize watching her in action that she's a mini shocky, fearless in introducing herself & socializing with both friends & strangers...taylor may only have a 3.0+ gpa & probably attend asu like her mom or usf but maybe she's gonna be the #1 real estate broker in north scottsdale or sea cliff someday

1st play of the game is an attempted (lob is slightly off) back door ally up slam dunk by cal's 2016 commit oscar frayer...the whole place is absolutely buzzing as oscar is literally a couple of feet above the rim , this **** is getting live

on the 1st defensive series, frayer picks up a questionable foul cal from the ref...oscar doesn't complain or engage in any drama, he calmly just hands the ball to the ref...the assistant football coach i'm sitting with tells me that oscar is very level headed, a good kid

the pinnacle students are loud & well versed with both "oscar" & "overrated" chants...frayer never reacts to the crowd, he's focused on the game

mc presses the whole game (without key cal 2017 priority target pg damari milstead who is suspended for a couple of games due to a violation of school rules) & frayer steals the ball several times with quick twitch hands & high basketball iq anticipation

frayer blocks a couple of shots with redunkulous hops

oscar has a pretty good mid range game & a smooth 3 point stroke (although he slightly fades away)...his free throw shooting is solid

play of the game is a one handed running & then literally flying thru the air tomahawk jam by the junior

frayer is coltish lean & will greatly benefit from the nicodemus intense workouts & he also floats back on d sometimes ala jabari bird's daze at salesian...he also misses a couple of bunnies around the basket

"o" as he is nicknamed by coaches frank knight & jules milstead cramps up & misses most of the 4th quarter in the mariners (1-1) loss but still scores 23 points despite an ivan rabb like unselfish style of play...when a mariner makes a hustle play to steal the ball & fight for a layup late in the game, while coach knight is designing the mariners' d scheme during a timeout, oscar limps off the bench & hugs his teammates from behind while patting his head (which is a total sammy singer move)...dude is a good teammate

mark my words, oscar frayer is gonna be the MOST ATHLETIC student athlete to ever wear a bears jersey in the history of cal basketball...if you don't have season tixs at haas, you're gonna miss some pretty amazing acrobatics by a truly gifted young man...oscar will be multiple in terms of a playing position for coach martin because of his off the charts +1 athleticism

on the way back to the house i ask taylor & nikki what were their favorite plays of the game...the music is so loud, they just ignore me, all i can hear is their laughter

oscar frayer scored 23 points & teammate damari milstead facilitated & scored 20 points as frank knight's moreau catholic mariners did not remember the kennedy titans 107-50

"my life will not be complete until my mom don't have to work or pay another bill in her life"
-oscar "mama's boy" frayer

cal family#
concordtom
Shocky1;842456728 said:

and yeah, sebastian gotta learn from tiger's mistakes & stay away from skanky women too (this is not a picture of des)

Shocky1;842456730 said:

clearly he's gotta avoid ratchet hos like rachel uchitel (see above)
you know, a classy smart girl that you can take home to mom & that will walk 36 holes with you...

cal is a dream school#

I like the shift, shocky. If you insist on showing eye catching slutty women, at least name it for what it is, and put it in it's rightful place, while lifting up what is the time tested method for achieving both carnal satisfaction and lifelong happiness. Just look at the Jack Nicklaus went about it vs Tiger. Who do you think is happier? Tiger's WOW moments lasted a brief moment. Jack's for a lifetime. It's good to remind readers of this blog the life tips about what works, and what doesn't.
Shocky1

my niece bailey (who loves cal basketball) doing a selfie with klay thompson while sitting next to him during the wsu game

are you building your own memories at our palace, haas pavillion?...trust me, stormin' the floor never gets old (sorry gordon)

you gotta get tixs for the season home finales, ivan is gonna be in the haas vs the beavers on saturday february 28th, where you gonna be?

the magic of haas#
NVBear78
Shocky1;842457496 said:

my niece bailey (who loves cal basketball) doing a selfie with klay thompson while sitting next to him during the wsu game

are you building your own memories at our palace, haas pavillion?...trust me, stormin' the floor never gets old (sorry gordon)

you gotta get tixs for the season home finales, ivan is gonna be in the haas vs the beavers on saturday february 28th, where you gonna be?

the magic of haas#

Hey Shock, the schedule is showing a Sunday, March 1 game with OSU
Shocky1
NVBear78;842457501 said:

Hey Shock, the schedule is showing a Sunday, March 1 game with OSU

i'm getting there early
NVBear78
Shocky1;842457505 said:

i'm getting there early

Cool, you can be Rabb's wingman on his official!
Shocky1
NVBear78;842457509 said:

Cool, you can be Rabb's wingman on his official!

that's not gonna happen, ivan's already got a wingman for life, his younger brother tamarik

rabb's also got the entire bishop o'dowd community including asha thomas, his soldiers teammates & thousands of young kids in the greater oakland area who already look up to him and whose lives he can potentially touch in a very positive way in the future as a role model of a true student athlete who pursued his dreams in life the right way

sorry ronald
Shocky1
ivan rabb from bishop o'dowd high school in oakland, the #1 player in the united states for the 2015 class, will officially visit cal for the sunday march 1st senior day game at noon vs oregon state at haas pavilion

rabb is a game changing recruit for the #1 public university in the world, his potential commitment changes the trajectory of all cal sports, he's a generational jason kidd impact type of player

all cal fans need to call the ticket office tomorrow at 1-800-gobears to buy tickets for the game, to loudly roar for the bears at this truly once in a lifetime game, no excuses accepted...cal fans also need to be there early at least 15 minutes prior to the game to cheer for the senior day family walks by true student athletes david kravish & dwight tarwater

let's do this...now

together we attack#
Shocky1
there are tixs available for as little as 20 bucks for the criminal led dana altman oregon & senior day/ivan rabb official visit oregon state games...even less for senior citizens & juniors

i'm gonna bring my entire family (except the rescue dogs & cats) & meet up with my niece bailey's family too, 10+ fans that bleed blue & gold for sunday's game

are you gonna be at haas to help create energy & let ivan know that haas pavilion is bear territory?...or are you gonna just watch the game on tv like a passive do nothing bear & then pontificate (usually negative misinformation) about the program, players, recruits, etc on a game thread?

did i mention tixs are available for only 20 bucks?

fear the roar#
Jeff82
Shocky1;842457650 said:

there are tixs available for as little as 20 bucks for the criminal led dana altman oregon & senior day/ivan rabb official visit oregon state games...even less for senior citizens & juniors

i'm gonna bring my entire family (except the rescue dogs & cats) & meet up with my niece bailey's family too, 10+ fans that bleed blue & gold for sunday's game

are you gonna be at haas to help create energy & let ivan know that haas pavilion is bear territory?...or are you gonna just watch the game on tv like a passive do nothing bear & then pontificate (usually negative misinformation) about the program, players, recruits, etc on a game thread?

did i mention tixs are available for only 20 bucks?

fear the roar#

I'll be there Thursday (the baby can't stay up for an 8 p.m. tip), and then have me, the Mrs. and the one-year old (AKA The Squirrel) for Senior Day. We sit with my Dad in Section 8 upstairs.
elderbear
Usual seating for official visit recruits is right behind the Cal bench. That will give Rabb a full frontal of the rooting section. My hope is they really bring it this time, kind of like the last game Rabb attended, only this time in spades. Let's pack Haas. And, of course, a special farewell to David Kravish...
Big C
elderbear;842457717 said:

Usual seating for official visit recruits is right behind the Cal bench. That will give Rabb a full frontal of the rooting section. My hope is they really bring it this time, kind of like the last game Rabb attended, only this time in spades. Let's pack Haas. And, of course, a special farewell to David Kravish...

Hopefully, he doesn't turn around and see all the empty chairbacks...

Seriously, people: If you usually walk in around tip-off, get there 15-20 freaking minutes earlier, for goodness sake. It's ONE GAME! When the seniors walk out with their folks and the place is 80% empty (no lie, that's what it's usually like), it makes me sad and it looks bad for Cal Basketball.
CalAlumnus13
Big C_Cal;842457726 said:

Hopefully, he doesn't turn around and see all the empty chairbacks...

Seriously, people: If you usually walk in around tip-off, get there 15-20 freaking minutes earlier, for goodness sake. It's ONE GAME! When the seniors walk out with their folks and the place is 80% empty (no lie, that's what it's usually like), it makes me sad and it looks bad for Cal Basketball.

I'm just guessing, but I'd bet that the people who read BI show up to games plenty early.
Shocky1
are you gonna get tix(s) for the oregon state senior day on march 1st, see ivan & his family in the stands & roar loudly for the future of cal basketball?

the potential commitment of rabb to cal would be comparable to the bay area legend j kidd's signing with the bears...j never took an official trip to cal so nobody ever had a chance to cheer for him during an official visit cal game...this is your chance to be a part of history, a program defining chance of a lifetime moment at haas, don't let it slip thru your hands

and yeah, signing young ivee would be a bigger event than signing starting power forward/nfl hall of famer tony gonzalez

sorry tony

cal family#
HoopDreams

These two seniors are a big reason the Golden Bears' success under coach Lindsay Gottlieb, including a run to the school's first Final Four in 2013. They're also a big reason WNBA coaches like Connecticut's Anne Donovan are in the Bay Area for much of the week to catch Cal's two games against rival Stanford in five days.

Boyd, a playmaking point guard who grew up right in Berkeley, is a projected top-five draft pick, while 6-foot-3 forward Gray is also high on many mock draft lists.

"As it gets closer, I get more nervous just to know that my life is going to change, for the good, and this is something I've been working toward," Boyd says. "Growing up, this is something I knew I wanted. So, it's just like, 'OK, life's about to get real, I'm going to enter the real world.'"

"This has been an amazing experience," Boyd says. "And outside of basketball, just the friendships that we have built, friendships like this."

"It's scary, because you're about to hit the real world," Gray says while walking to class one day this week. "I definitely feel like Cal prepared me."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/4e987ec32e9148b98c81e315614bd2c5/cal-seniors-best-friends-boyd-gray-prepare-final-run
HoopDreams

[video=youtube;uKw5pwkOMUk][/video]
Shocky1
carlos johnson scored 17 points as the el cerrito gauchos (25-3) zorooed 78-56 the st patrick st vincent bruins to finish their regular season schedule with a dashing men of intrigue victory in preparation for the california open division state championship playoffs

salute#
First Page Last Page
Page 152 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.