cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,261,420 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good luck [COLOR="#0000CD"]Asha[/COLOR] and [COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan[/COLOR] and the O'Dowd Dragons!

Holmoephobic
With Steve Lavin's departure from St. Johns, Brandon Sampson will be looking for a new school.

Following the announcement of Lavin's departure came news that recruit Brandon Sampson would reconsider his oral commitment to the Red Storm. Sampson is a shooting guard from Madison Prep (La.).

"St. John's will still be considered once he finds out who the new coach is," Jeff Jones, Sampson's high school coach, told ESPN's Jeff Borzello. "It's a good thing he only committed and didn't sign, so he's not locked in. St. John's is still an option. He'll just wait and see what the new coach brings in, and what he wants. They're still on him. I've had 10 or 11 schools reach out to me in the last hour. He's got options."
Shocky1
Shocky1;842357370 said:

on tuesday cal was at sierra canyon hs (chatsworth) watching their elite trio...all have offers from the bears staff

2016 pg devearl ramsey

2017 pf ira lee

2017 pf cody riley

go trailblazers#

coach martin, building upon the relationships started by huf, watched in person as head coach ty nichols' sierra canyon trailblazers (25-4) burned a road 70-44 thru the price knights (who could've used alan crabbe) in winning the so cal d5 championship game at colony high in ontario

"i'm ecstatic, i'm really happy for my teammates...happy for the seniors, we finally are going to state...this is a big one but we can't take the foot off the pedal...we have a big game next week"
-devearl ramsey after facilitating his teammates with 4 assists & scoring 11 points in limited playing time

sierra canyon is gonna play university high of san francisco next friday march 27th at noon for the state of california d5 championship at haas pavilion on the campus of the #1 ranked public university in the world

building the future#

cody riley set a state record for any division with 22 redunkulous rebounds along with 18 points and 3 blocks & devearl ramsey unselfishlessly facilitated his teammate along with 13 points & stud ira lee dnp because of an injury as the sierra canyon trailblazers (26-4) road blazed 80-55 the university red devils (san francisco) en route to a state of california d5 championship at haas pavillion on the campus of the university of california, berkeley

sierra canyon will be a strong favorite to win the california open division championship next season
Shocky1
ivan rabb is a humble young man committed to not only greatness on the basketball court but also his community
http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Bishop-O-Dowd-s-Ivan-Rabb-has-unfinished-6161946.php

tami rabb=mom of the year

shine bright#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842427249 said:

what could be worse than finding out your head coach is as unethical as criminal dana altman?

answer: finding out your head coach is an unremorseful enabler of a rapist because he thought it might help him win a few more games

check out the orange county register article: "alford's past paints blurry character portrait"
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/alford-535065-indiana-basketball.html

if steve alford has not protected his star basketball player after he raped the 1st student, then the 2nd victim most likely would have been spared this violent crime

if alford had been a basketball coach at an iowa middle school rather than the head coach at the university of iowa, then alford would be in a prison today for his documented role in enabling/facilitating a convicted rapist to escape justice all in the name of his winning a few more basketball games

steve alford's insincere decade late apology as mandated by the ucla athletic director during april of 2013:

"at that time i instinctively and mistakenly came to (pierece's) defense before knowing all the facts...i wanted to believe he was innocent and in response to a media question i publicly proclaimed his innocence before the legal system had run its course"

"that was inappropriate, insensitive and hurtful especially for the young female victim and i apologize for that"

"i have learned and grown from that experience and now understand that such proclamations can contribute to an atmosphere in which similar crimes go unreported and victims are not taken seriously"

why did alford wait over a decade to apologize?

does alford truly feel any responsibility for the 2nd rape victim because of his actions?

steve alford=dana altman=joe paterno

this is ucla basketball#

jaylen, have you & your mom discussed this issue with steve alford?

deal breaker#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Congratulations to [COLOR="#0000CD"]Asha Thomas[/COLOR] and the O'Dowd Dragons for taking the California State Crown today in Haas Pavillon![/SIZE]

[SIZE=7][COLOR="#0000CD"]Champions![/COLOR][/SIZE]
Shocky1
good evening ladies & gentlemen, i'm sir william shocky shakeyspeare & welcome to english 23, the study of the oakland super hero...i'm substituting for professor dr kelly thompson as she is away getting a brazilian wax in preparation for the san francisco opera's magnificient production of la boheme but i digress...tonight's seminar will focus on the words and the meaning behind those words with respects to oakland super hero, mr ivan rabb

let us examine the most recent comments by mr rabb regarding the arizona basketball program

"they told me that they feel like that they have everything as a program that i need to reach my goals"

one must wonder how the arizona coaching staff thinks a mediocre education from the university of arizona and it's 2014 88% acceptance rate will help mr rabb achieve his goals...do they think he wants to be a shift supervisor at the chipotle on country club?

"showed me a lot of clips of aaron gordon and derrick williams and how they utilized them and how i could make a similar impact"

interesting to note that mr miller did not show any clips of former bishop o'dowd superstar brandon ashley who has not developed as expected in tuscon...earlier comments from chance comanche, caleb swanigan & steven zimmerman reveal that they have been show the exact same clips and promised the same glorious utilization and false nba dreams of stardom

"they told me that they fly on charter flights and how it would be easier to get home instead of waiting in an airport to be able to get to class the next morning"

did mr miller also explain that most airlines don't fly nonstop to tuscon without a stop first at the phoenix airport because it's a second rate city?

"it's (the relationship with the arizona staff) gotten a lot better since i told them i wanted to visit (on an official trip)"

this is clearly a manipulative and dysfunctional relationship...mr miller and his staff's interest in mr rabb is limited to whatever he can do for them on the basketball court...as long as he acquiesces to their demands, he will be in favor with them

"i talked to aaron gordon...he told me to at least take a visit and that i would have the time of my life...he said i wouldn't want to leave...he said every game is on tv, the fans are the best in the country and that every game is a sell out"

this is predictable advice from a non student athlete baller who had zero interest in academics and/or business development skills during his 8 months in tuscon...it is possible that mr gordon doesn't even realize that there is a university component of the arizona basketball program

in summary, one can only conclude that arizona is a glorified junior college with a successful basketball program and that tuscon is a dump

i will be more than happy to visit with any of you during office hours but mostly this comment is directed at the curvy brunette with the good wheels sitting in the 7th row...yes, i'm talking about you, don't make me growl like a bear

good evening

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]The O'Dowd Dragons take on the Mater Dei Monarchs for the California State Championship in Haas Pavilion[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Good luck to [COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan[/COLOR] and the Dragons[/SIZE]

[COLOR="#000080"][SIZE=7][FONT=Arial Black]BEAT[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
concordtom
[INDENT]"they told me that they fly on charter flights and how it would be easier to get home instead of waiting in an airport to be able to get to class the next morning"

did mr miller also explain that most airlines don't fly nonstop to tuscon without a stop first at the phoenix airport because it's a second rate city?
[/INDENT]

Uh, isn't the point of a charter flight that you fly to and from cities of your own choosing, regardless of commercial airline hubs?
Vandalus
concordtom;842473545 said:

[INDENT]"they told me that they fly on charter flights and how it would be easier to get home instead of waiting in an airport to be able to get to class the next morning"

[/INDENT]

Uh, isn't the point of a charter flight that you fly to and from cities of your own choosing, regardless of commercial airline hubs?

I'm assuming that the inference is that family would have a tougher time getting in/out? I could be wrong though.
concordtom
Vandalus;842473551 said:

I'm assuming that the inference is that family would have a tougher time getting in/out? I could be wrong though.

Ah, thank you!!!
Anyways, it doesn't matter because we got Ivan.
Vandalus
concordtom;842473553 said:

Ah, thank you!!!
Anyways, it doesn't matter because we got Ivan.

Stop saying that! (Nervous cal fan here).
parentswerebears
Vandalus;842473555 said:

Stop saying that! (Nervous cal fan here).

+1
NYCGOBEARS
parentswerebears;842473564 said:

+1

He'll be a Bear.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842421131 said:

when coach krystkowiak arrived in freezing azz salt lake city the utes were 6-25 in 2011...special k turned around the program by running off all the guys who didn't wanna play d or go to class every day...last year's 21-11 utah team had 5 guys on the pac 12 all academic team, the most for any team in the league

larry gets it, men take care of their business...discipline starts in the classroom and the s&c program creating a solid foundation for success on the basketball court...sure, utah is an academically mediocre school (more challenging than santa monica community college) but it's still impressive that coach k gets his students to go to classes on a consistent teamwide basis

who are utah's studs?

delon wright is a favorite for the pac 12 mvp this season

justin labagh, a former bears walk on & the most winning (87% victories) head coach in the history of college basketball, told me about his recruitment of delon wright to city college of san francisco

labagh has the same barber in the city as portland trailblazers dorell wright who was then with the golden state warriors...dorell tells justin about his younger bro who wasn't really recruited by anyone out of leuzinger high school in los angeles

labagh says yeah, let's do this so delon enrolls in san francisco & averages 10 points, 8 boards & 4 steals per game in the rams high octane highly balanced offense...nobody wants delon at the next level until justin convinces larry to sign him & delon ends up in salt lake city

how come delon didn't end up in berkeley?

labagh told me wright would have not been a good fit academically (2.5 hs gpa) at the world's #1 ranked public university

true freshman jakob poeltl is also a stalwart player for utah

mike & the cal staff originally signed sami "where's waldo" eleraky, a developing 5 from denmark...eleraky (a good student) could not enroll at cal because of academic admission requirements related to his being a foreign student...so sami went to barton cc in cold azz kansas (he did not enjoy the winter weather or the non diverse community, eleraky is of a mixed heritage family including egyptian blood), did not play ball there but completed almost 15 units & then returned to denmark

eleraky then returned to the united states to play for the winningiest coach in the history of college basketball (87% winning record), former bears walk on justin labagh at city college of san francisco...while at ccsf sami took full loads including summer school & also on line classes in order to complete the 2 year degree

gregg gottlieb ran point on eleraky's recruitment & watched several of his games...i also caught a game at ccsf & wrote a post re: his skills & somewhat limited upside...after mike watched sami in a league game late in the season the decision was made to head in a different direction for a 2014 big & eleraky ended up signing with uop

john montgomery completed an extensive international player search & identified jakof poeltl of austria, a very strong student with advanced offensive skills for a big...gregg gottlieb then got involved & also built strong relationships with the poeltl family

because of the distance, jakop poeltl & his family made the decision to visit cal, arizona & utah during a week plus tour of american colleges

sean miller had 3 international bigs on the arizona war board with poeltl as his #1 target (this info is from a golf acquaintance of mine who is arguably the wildcats largest donor...he never seems to forget that i honestly think tuscon is a dump, of course he doesn't live there either)...so sean miller tripped jakob first among his 3 prospects...the official visit did not go well as the lack of academic focus for the arizona basketball program became clearly evident, the wildcats are like a minor league professional sports team not a well regarded educational institution

both the cal & utah visits went really well with the poeltl family loving the san francisco bay area the most (they also liked salt lake city as it reminded them of their hometown in austria with maybe a couple more mormons here & there)

jakob (far left, wearing the backwards cal lid) is pictured above in the 1st row with the good looking montgomery women, sarah & my partner in bears crowd noise, anne

after returning home from the united states, jakob made basically a silent commitment to the staff & started the comprehensive & lengthy required international student admissions acceptance process/applications...attending the #1 ranked public university in the world was a significant factor in this decision

when mike retired, jakob quickly switched his commitment to utah (coach k is highly respected by mike)...cuonzo & co never had a chance to build a relationship with the promising austrian blue chipper

so austria's jakop poeltl signed with utah, dusan ristic of serbia signed with arizona & coach martin signed the king of england

congrats to utah on an outstanding season, special k is doing things the right way both academically & on the basketball court in sal thay ka siti

Shocky1
the targeted potential 2015 class is intended to forever change the trajectory of the cal basketball program, to compete for national championships...these guys are elite immediate impact blue chippers, they are all truly diamonds

stephen domingo, #35 ranked player in the 2013 class, is already a california golden bear

davon dillard, top 100 player in the 2015 class, is already a commit to the california golden bears

tyson jolly, will be ranked as a top 100 player in the 2015 class per eric bossi to a cal staffer

caleb swanigan, #8 ranked player in the 2015 class

jaylen brown #1/#2 ranked player in the 2015 class

ivan rabb, #1 ranked (prior to a minor summertime injury) player in the 2015 class

shine bright#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842471322 said:

coach martin & the cal staff are actively targeting devearl ramsey, a lightning fast & tenacious 5'10" 170 lbs 2016 point guard from sierra canyon (chatsworth)

devearl is already an unselfish facilitator & distributor in his 1st year playing the 1 for coach ty nichol's elite sierra canyon team, last year's trailblazers point guard derryck thornton is now playing for findlay prep in las vegas

dude is an outstanding on ball defender with his quick twitch movements & fierce style of play, a skill set coveted by the cal coaches...t-wall played lockdown d against many point guards last season but was abused by borderline nba prospects tj mcconnell & chasson randle...singer & chauca both have significant work to do this offseason to become championship level defenders

ramsey is a comfortable with pressure & playing on big stages as a multiple time player with team usa

devearl, the son of tasha banner & earl ramsey sr, is a very good student that enjoys writing poetry & his favorite class is math...he's got an interest in majoring in psychology in college, he's definitely not a dumb azz

the university of california, berkeley=#1 rated public (#3 overall) university in the world (including los angeles county)

fresh off leading his team to a state of california d5 championship, devearl ramsey is currently visiting with the staff & touring the campus/facilities on an unofficial visit

devearl, oscar frayer is looking for a couple of guys to join him as part of cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

BoaltBear
Big day Shocky!
Shocky1
BoaltBear;842473660 said:

Big day Shocky!

agreed, got vip backstages tixs & gonna meet the lead singer for phantogram tonite at the mcdowell mtn music festival

adios kim k#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]California State Championship game[/SIZE]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=5][SIZE=7]Game Day![/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

burritos
HoopDreams;842473757 said:

[SIZE=5]California State Championship game[/SIZE]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=5][SIZE=7]Game Day![/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

Is it on television?
http://www.cifstate.org/sports/basketball/bb_champ_info
Saturday, March 28

10:00 a.m. Division IV Girls: Sierra Canyon vs Brookside Christian

12:00 p.m. Division IV Boys: Crespi vs Capital Christian

2:00 p.m. Division II Girls: Mark Keppel vs Archbishop Mitty

4:00 p.m. Division II Boys: La Mirada vs Archbishop Mitty

6:00 p.m. Open Division Girls: Mater Dei vs St. Mary's (Stockton)

8:00 p.m. Open Division Boys: Mater Dei vs Bishop O'Dowd
petalumabear
Bishop O'Dowd is streaming the game through the school website and comcast is broadcasting in the Bay Area.... not sure about the rest of the state.
HoopDreams
petalumabear;842473808 said:

Bishop O'Dowd is streaming the game through the school website and comcast is broadcasting in the Bay Area.... not sure about the rest of the state.

what comcast station?
petalumabear
Capital christian and Crespi on now.
HoopDreams
gonna see a lot of this tonight in Haas at 8pm...

[video=youtube;fc_gqIDAMzM][/video]

[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=7]Go Dragons![/SIZE][/COLOR]
Shocky1
devearl ramsey is a top 50 player in the 2016 class and a lightning fast point guard with a mentally tough mindset that already has team usa experience that yesterday facilitated his sierra canyon teammates to a california d5 state championship at haas pavilion on the campus of the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

what a rollercoaster ride it's been for devearl

MoragaBear
Staff
Ramsey's on an unofficial visit at Cal right now, a week after Cuonzo was down in SoCal to see him play
Shocky1
joe davidson is the ambitious prep high school reporter for the sacramento bee, he does a solid job covering his beat

but the dude has zero inside information re: ivan rabb & cal basketball...for hysterical cal fans (particularly those living in new york) that are making misinformed posts, let me repeat, the guy doesn't know ****

joe davidson basically takes 50/50 situations, then blindly picks one of the scenarios & then puts it out there as inside information...his twitter account blows up, mission accomplished

after the oregon state game a few years ago, davidson stated that athletic director sandy barbour was gonna retain jeff tedford...he had zero facts then too...jt was gone within a couple of days

ivan may or may announce his college decision today but trust me, joe davidson has no clue...but i would trust joe on his take of the folsom bulldogs girls junior varsity field hockey's current season
MiZery
Shocky1;842473837 said:

devearl ramsey is a top 50 player in the 2016 class and a lightning fast point guard with a mentally tough mindset that already has team usa experience that yesterday facilitated his sierra canyon teammates to a california d5 state championship at haas pavilion on the campus of the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

what a rollercoaste ride it's been for devearl

What site has him as top 50? Hope we get Thornton
Shocky1
MiZery;842473851 said:

What site has him as top 50? Hope we get Thornton

current rivals ranking of cal's point guard prospects for the 2016 class:

derryck thornton: #8
devearl ramsey: #45
jordan ford: #129
Basketball Bear
HoopDreams;842473534 said:

[SIZE=5]The O'Dowd Dragons take on the Mater Dei Monarchs for the California State Championship in Haas Pavilion[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Good luck to [COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan[/COLOR] and the Dragons[/SIZE]

[COLOR="#000080"][SIZE=7][FONT=Arial Black]BEAT[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Mater Dei is in Orange County in the city of Santa Ana...not LA.
Go!Bears
Basketball Bear;842473858 said:

Mater Dei is in Orange County in the city of Santa Ana...not LA.

Sorry, I think you have a distinction without a difference. :p
Shocky1
Shocky1;842469718 said:

aaron rodgers had a 3.9 gpa/1300 sat at pleasant valley hs & then a 3.6 pga at butte jc which opened doors to his attending cal

a high gpa can help you make $ so you can photobomb your crew

and the girl of your dreams is always gonna be attracted to a smart dude with a high gpa (and a yoga practice), count on it

don't be a dumb azz#

olivia munn likes college basketball, she's a keeper
Shocky1

i dunno, kinda looks like sean miller needs to quit eating them glazed donuts for breakfast

tuscon is a dump#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]"Tell all the Cal Bear fans to come out to the game Saturday night," Tami said.[/SIZE]

First Page Last Page
Page 168 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.