cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,261,998 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
burritos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HoopDreams;842479584 said:

[SIZE=5]watch this video from the McDonald's All-American game very closely
especially the end[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;f38mN21riLc][/video]

Wait, Rabb is taller than Caleb?
Shocky1
Shocky1;842465204 said:

the bears are actively targeting 6'4" 175 lbs 2015 shooting guard tyson jolly from putnam city west hs in oklahoma city...jolly is an active defender with a strong handle & a reliable shooting stroke...dude has a non stop motor

around a year ago last february tyson was rushed to the hospital for what turned out to be blood clots on his lungs & the doc told him he would never play basketball again...yeah, both he & coach martin probably aren't big fans of hospital beds or giving up

tyson is unbreakable both mentally & physically...jolly is arguably the fastest rising senior in the 2015 class with a 20 point & 9 rebounds average and is expected to be rated as a top 100 player in the final class rankings per feedback from eric bossi to a cal staff member

huf is talking to tyson daily & it's expected that he will officially visit cal along with a couple of other colleges on his other quickly expanding schools list after his season is over...tyson is a pretty good student with a 3.1 gpa & is coachable both on & off the court

unlike a lot of elite players that myopically think they are gonna just ball out for 10 minutes in college before heading to the nba, tyson fully understands that basketball can be taken away from you at any point, that your playing days can be over in a blink of an eye injury...boom, you're done playing basketball forever & then you gotta use your education to still reach all your dreams in life

yeah, jolly is the mentally tough kinda guy the cal basketball program is gonna build around & his offer from the staff is an actionable one...tyson's last 12 months have been a real rollercoaster but the gates to his unlimited future are wide open

the university of california, berkeley=#1 public university in the world (including freezing azz oklahoma)

coach martin is gonna visit with tyson jolly re: playing time at the #1 public university in the world in beautiful california in a family atmosphere

yeah, traveling to oklahoma city is kinda glamorous

50 year decision#

tyson is gonna officially visit cal april 10-11th (with a probable special guest appearance by young ivee) & gonzaga the following weekend (if he hasn't already made a commitment somewhere) & has made it clear he's gonna leave oklahoma for college

tyson has scheduled a safety dance official visit also to minnesota for may 1-3 with smu & utep also scrambling for a visit

this is probably gonna be a cal vs gonzaga recruiting battle...jolly has got a big city swagger about him, will be interesting to see how he perceives spokane in the middle of nowhere vs the cosmopolitan san francisco bay area along with the huge difference in academic prestige between the 2 schools

*****if tyson is looking for a diverse community with people from different backgrounds at the #1 ranked public university in the world, cal is the right choice
***if tyson is looking for a non diverse more sheltered cold azz college town with easy academics, gonzaga might be the right choice

tyson, are you gonna be limitless mentally?...are you gonna paint a beautiful picture?

don't be a dumb azz#
academic ambition#

tyson is now in california, baby

let's do this#
Shocky1

bobby hurley is the new asu head coach, so much for the buffalo contract extension he agreed to earlier this week

i dunno, bobby's starting 5 seems kinda enthusiastic, they gonna need it when they start meeting up with them diamonds

diamonds are forever#
Cal Geek
Quote:

tyson is gonna officially visit cal april 10-11th (with a probable special guest appearance by young ivee)

Shocky, just curious when you heard that young ivee might be making a guest appearance.
Isn't he in Portland for the Nike Hoops Summit?
petalumabear
Cal Geek;842479636 said:

Shocky, just curious when you heard that young ivee might be making a guest appearance.
Isn't he in Portland for the Nike Hoops Summit?

The official lasts for 2 + days... he arrives today and leaves Sunday. Ivan will likely be home on Saturday night or Sunday morning... short flight from Portland...
concordtom
Shocky1;842479607 said:

"i just advise people to spend more time with people that you KNOW care about you!"
-ivan rabb

diamonds are forever#

photo credit please
UCBerkGrad
Shocky1;842479631 said:

bobby hurley is the new asu head coach, so much for the buffalo contract extension he agreed to earlier this week

i dunno, bobby's starting 5 seems kinda enthusiastic, they gonna need it when they start meeting up with them diamonds

diamonds are forever#

Talk about a Fab-5.
HoopDreams
[FONT=Arial Black][/FONT][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR][SIZE=6][/SIZE]Gotta get that
Gotta get that
Gotta get that that that
Shocky1
davon, you just can't room with whoever you want at cal, that's not how freshmen dormitory housing works at cal...don't be a dumb azz

i dunno, maybe when you fill out the student housing questionnaire you should be honest & request living with centaur, that makes total sense to me

but hopefully you gonna room with them mcdonalds dudes, do you snore?

http://vimeo.com/45797764

diamonds are forever#
Vandalus
Shocky1;842479631 said:

diamonds are forever#

For some reason the older I get the more likely I am to think: "eat something"
SRBear
That one on the left looks scary...[ATTACH=CONFIG]4496[/ATTACH]
Shocky1
did you know that despite earning millions in the nba that bobby hurley squandered his life's savings & lost his family's horse estate because of financial mismanagement/non performing investments related to the ponies

i dunno maybe bobby can mentor his sun devils re: the fastest mudder in the 3rd race at belmont, the best books in jersey, the tightest slots in vegas & **** like that...when he tells his guys we're off to the races, he means it

don't be a dumb azz#
calumnus
burritos;842479610 said:

Wait, Rabb is taller than Caleb?

Yes,

Rabb is 6'10" 210
Caleb is 6'9" 265
concordtom
Shocky1;842479808 said:

did you know that despite earning millions in the nba that bobby hurley squandered his life's savings & lost his family's horse estate because of financial mismanagement/non performing investments related to the ponies

i dunno maybe bobby can mentor his sun devils re: the fastest mudder in the 3rd race at belmont, the best books in jersey, the tightest slots in vegas & **** like that...when he tells his guys we're off to the races, he means it

don't be a dumb azz#

Fun fact?
Fun quote:
He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.
bearsandgiants
concordtom;842479816 said:

Fun fact?
Fun quote:
He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

I always thought that would make a funny family guy skit. Where jc tells everybody "wait, let he who is without sin cast the first stone" and then he promptly picks one up...
gobears7
bearsandgiants;842479820 said:

I always thought that would make a funny family guy skit. Where jc tells everybody "wait, let he who is without sin cast the first stone" and then he promptly picks one up...

I've heard it done similarly. Jesus says the line, a single stone gets thrown, and he says "awwww, mo-omm"
watermelon
The shocky jinx continues. Shocky, do all of us Cal fans a favor and hype some really crappy players, that way we know they won't come to Call.

Shocky1;842479392 said:

"i will announce which college i will be going to at the nike summit next week"
-caleb swanigan

caleb, my current 1st wife kat (an asu grad) took this foto of you in your resplendent fuchsia shirt at haas pavilion...she thinks its kinda funny & inaccurate that some of the body language interpretation analysts/ bears fans thought you weren't enjoying your visit, i dunno maybe you don't like smiling at frowny people...that's ok, in berkeley you can be whoever you wanna be, your unique individuality will be celebrated

let's do this#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Make no mistake
It always has been, and still is all about[COLOR="#000080"] Ivan Rabb[/COLOR]

If he announces he's coming to Cal it will bring the house down[/SIZE]

Shocky1
recruiting is a very fluid process, it is not an exact science

there are often factors in big time d1 college basketball recruiting that are not publicly known

tip of the iceberg#
Bobodeluxe
��
NYCGOBEARS
Beware of false prophets.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842466285 said:

there's around 2 minutes left in the washington state game at the mgm grand & the president of the brenden glapion fan club is nudging me & asking me why her favorite player isn't in the game

so i start screaming from our seats (thx ash & jj) directly behind the cal bench "coach, let's get the walk ons into the game, they work their azzs off all season, let's go"

and then coach martin yells "brenden" & our fearless hero jumps to his feet & runs to the scorer's table

taylor can't believe it, this **** is getting live

and then the cougars defender fouls glapion, all of his teammates rise to their feet & start clapping, he's gonna get 2 free throws

so brenden toes the line, bounces the ball & releases his smooth left handed stroke into the las vegas airspace...the ball rotates perfectly for seemingly forever & then drops thru the bottom of the net...the bears crew are totally fired up & pumping their fists...brandon chauca, a great teammate, comes up from behind the 3 point line & messes with brenden's crewcut

taylor & i are going ballistic...i'm screaming at the top of my lungs, "great shot, brenden, way to go baby...washington high school shooter, let's do this baby, let it fly, let's do this"

brenden bounces the ball, inhales a deep breath & focuses in on his 2nd free throw...he deftly strokes the 2nd free throw & it also drops perfectly thru the basket...brenden glapion has got 2 points in the pac 12 tnt, he's in the history books & now the staff is also smiling broadly and telling the guys to get back on d

i'm still roaring like a golden bear saying lots of stupid **** & high fiving dr danger & his son along with everyone else in our vicinity...taylor & i hug and i almost see a mist of bay area fog in her beautiful green eyes, my daughter is alive & happy sharing a very special moment with her dad
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4412[/ATTACH]
(click for larger image of taylor cheesin it at our golf club in flagstaff)

the stars & the universe are all perfectly aligned at this point in time

as the cal players leave the court, i'm stilling relentlessly clapping & yelling at the tv sideline reporter "interview glapion, interview glapion, talk to the big guy, come on let's roll"...the players are looking at me smiling & i dunno maybe shaking their heads a little bit too because i'm such a dumb azz, we've all experienced & shared something bigger than the game of basketball

did i mention that taylor's dream school is the university of san francisco (she's gotta raise her gpa if that's gonna happen otherwise she's gonna be at her mom's school, asu) & that brenden grew up in san francisco?

brenden glapion=cable car baller

the magic of cal basketball#

taylor & i flew tonite to portland, oregon...our discussion on the plane:

taylor: dad, will brenden play in the game tomorrow?

me: no sweetie, the game is only for high school players

taylor: that's too bad, it would be fun if he played...will we still root for caleb in the game?

me: of course we will, he's a good kid...but maybe we'll cheer louder for ivan and jaylen

taylor: do you think they will go to cal?

me: life's an adventure taylor, let's enjoy every minute of it

taylor: love you dad

me: nice try, we're not going shopping before the game

taylor: ok, i guess i can wear this outfit again

the adventure#
bearchamp
Gee, if only Shocky would have posted more T&A shots, I am sure CS would be here.
Shocky1
bearchamp;842480241 said:

Gee, if only Shocky would have posted more T&A shots, I am sure CS would be here.

bearchump, i really don't think more pictures of you would have made a difference
bearsandgiants
Shocky1;842480238 said:

taylor & i flew tonite to portland, oregon...our discussion on the plane:

taylor: dad, will brenden play in the game tomorrow?

me: no sweetie, the game is only for high school players

taylor: that's too bad, it would be fun if he played...will we still root for caleb in the game?

me: of course we will, he's a good kid...but maybe we'll cheer louder for ivan and jaylen

taylor: do you think they will go to cal?

me: life's an adventure taylor, let's enjoy every minute of it

taylor: love you dad

me: nice try, we're not going shopping before the game

taylor: ok, i guess i can wear this outfit again

the adventure#

Yikes. You can see the Hanford radiation coming right off the water. Careful up there!
concordtom
Shocky1;842479392 said:

"i will announce which college i will be going to at the nike summit next week"
-caleb swanigan

caleb, my current 1st wife kat (an asu grad) took this foto of you in your resplendent fuchsia shirt at haas pavilion...she thinks its kinda funny & inaccurate that some of the body language interpretation analysts/ bears fans thought you weren't enjoying your visit, i dunno maybe you don't like smiling at frowny people...that's ok, in berkeley you can be whoever you wanna be, your unique individuality will be celebrated

let's do this#

then again, maybe it was that simple all along.
I felt bad suggesting that conclusion of mine, but there you have it. Perhaps ringing in his head was "once a Spartan always a Spartan... I look better in green."
Kat's not very intuitive?
Shocky1
concordtom;842480268 said:

then again, maybe it was that simple all along.
I felt bad suggesting that conclusion of mine, but there you have it. Perhaps ringing in his head was "once a Spartan always a Spartan... I look better in green."
Kat's not very intuitive?

kat graduated (with 2 economically worthless degrees) from asu, that's all you need to know

don't be a dumb azz
Shocky1
bearsandgiants;842480263 said:

Yikes. You can see the Hanford radiation coming right off the water. Careful up there!

bears&giants, taylor & i are really enjoying the whole foodie scene in downtown portland, we checked out a couple of the 100+ food trucks to sample a couple of tasty dishes for dinner last nite & are gonna do that for breakfast too before taking the rail system to the moda center for the hoops summit game

taylor is really quite taken with the color scheme of our hotel, the nines...loves that everything is "tiffany blue"

whatever
Bobodeluxe
Shocky1;842480248 said:

bearchump, i really don't think more pictures of you would have made a difference

Two star defensive tackle, with high upside. Needs weight room work, carries some excess weight which limits explosiveness.

#bullets
Shocky1
Bobodeluxe;842480276 said:

Two star defensive tackle, with high upside. Needs weight room work, carries some excess weight which limits explosiveness.

#bullets

yeah but what's his gpa?
HoopDreams
Tyson Jolly
Welcome to Cal

Shocky1
Shocky1;842473606 said:

the targeted potential 2015 class is intended to forever change the trajectory of the cal basketball program, to compete at the highest levels of college basketball...these guys are elite immediate impact blue chippers, they are all truly diamonds

stephen domingo, #35 ranked player in the 2013 class, is already a california golden bear

davon dillard, top 100 player in the 2015 class, is already a commit to the california golden bears

tyson jolly, will be ranked as a top 100 player in the 2015 class per eric bossi to a cal staffer, is now a commit to the california golden bears

jaylen brown #1/#2 ranked player in the 2015 class

ivan rabb, #1 ranked (prior to a minor summertime injury) player in the 2015 class

shine bright#

"i have committed to cal#golden bears"
-tyson jolly

gotta wear them diamond shirts#
Shocky1
taylor & i power walked from the nines thru chinatown & past a crowd of 100+ non yoga practicing chunkys waiting outside of voodoo doughnuts & then across the steel bridge over the willamette river to the moda center & back again after the 2015 nike hoop summit...them doughnuts sure looked tasty but if kameron rooks can core out, we can too

it should be noted that the game was played with international rules, 2 of the refs spoke to each other in a an eastern bloc language, with very few fouls & pushing on every sequence...also the game was impacted by selfish guard play that dominated the ball

taylor & i sat on the floor behind the basket & yelled at ivan during warm ups "hey ivan, let's do this" (me) & "go to the bears, ivan" (taylor) and he glanced over with a surprised look ("what are they doing here?) and smiled with a quick nod

we also yelled at jaylen brown, he responded with what could be best described as a laughing smirk

players notes:

ivan rabb: not many touches, competed underneath the basket for rebounds & blocked thon maker a couple of times...started the game with a leg brace & then left the game for good after a vicious poke in the eyes

jaylen brown: what an athlete, the best defender in the game with numerous disruptions of passes...offensively drained shots from all over the court ala patrick christopher during warm ups...nba body with a physical & graceful style of play...like ivan, very unselfish in sharing the ball

alonzo trier: followed up his 6-20 shooting at the mcdonalds game with 4-14 shooting at the nike summit...the arizona commit lacks court vision & jacks up the ball without even looking for his teammates, he's gonna shoot the wildcats out of games next season in tucson...life with sean miller is gonna be a rude awakening for trier

luke kennard: the best facilitator on the usa team, the duke commit is an absolute pure shooter with a mature shot selection (9-18 fgs) & much quicker defensively than anticipated

caleb swanigan: plays very physically but still needs major s&c conditioning...his low release point shooting form along with limited hops resulted in several of his shots being blocked by the uber high flying bigs on the world team before he was eventually benched

jamal murray: impressive guard from canada with a relentless basket attacking mode scored a game high 30 points...usa guards most notably allonzo trier played fundamentally weak azz d (reaching with arms, not moving feet) in ineffectively trying to guard murray...the canadian guard from ontario is looking to potentially reclassify from 2016 to 2015 and a nike sr employee told me his dad is leaning towards criminal dana altman's oregon ducks

ben simmons: most well rounded player in the game with 13 points, 8 rebound & 8 assists

skal labissiere: the guy nba scouts like the most from the 2015 class, skal scored 21 points along with 8 boards...the kentucky donor we sat by told me that coach cal told him that marcus lee is gonna return to lexington again next season, gotta have them practice players & that skal may not be cleared by the ncaa

brenden glapion: much to taylor's chagrin, the pride of washington high school dnp...sorry sweetie
R.Hobbs
If Murray ends up at Oregon , they will have replaced Joe Young .
Chapman_is_Gone
I trust most Cal fans are intelligent enough to see through the steaming mounds of pro-Cal bias and BS in this thread.

And, anyway, Diamonds are for suckers...
First Page Last Page
Page 175 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.