cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,264,176 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
joe amos yaks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, the bacon maple bar looks good.
concordtom
Chapman_is_Gone;842480540 said:

I trust most Cal fans are intelligent enough to see through the steaming mounds of pro-Cal bias and BS in this thread.

And, anyway, Diamonds are for suckers...

Bitter much?
concordtom
Shocky1;842480527 said:

taylor & i power walked from the nines thru chinatown & past a crowd of 100+ non yoga practicing chunkys waiting outside of voodoo doughnuts & then across the steel bridge over the willamette river to the moda center & back again after the game...them doughnuts sure looked tasty but if kameron rooks can core out, we can too

it should be noted that the game was played with international rules, 2 of the refs spoke to each other in a an eastern bloc language, with very few fouls & pushing on every sequence...also the game was impacted by selfish guard play that dominated the ball

taylor & i sat on the floor behind the basket & yelled at ivan during warm ups "hey ivan, let's do this" (me) & "go to the bears, ivan" (taylor) and he glanced over with a surprised look ("what are they doing here?) and smiled with a quick nod

players notes:

ivan rabb: not many touches, competed underneath the basket for rebounds & blocked thon maker a couple of times...started the game with a leg brace & then left the game for good after a vicious poke in the eyes

jaylen brown: what an athlete, the best defender in the game with numerous disruptions of passes...offensively drained shots from all over the court ala patrick christopher during warm ups

alonzo trier: followed up his 6-20 shooting at the mcdonalds game with 4-14 shooting at the nike summit...the arizona commit lacks court vision & jacks up the ball without even looking for his teammates, he's gonna shoot the wildcats out of games next season in tucson...life with sean miller is gonna be a rude awakening for trier

luke kennard: the best player on the usa team, the duke commit is an absolute pure shooter with a mature shot selection (9-18 fgs) & much quicker defensively than anticipated

caleb swanigan: plays very physically but still needs major s&c conditioning...his low release point shooting form along with limited hops resulted in several of his shots being blocked by the uber high flying bigs on the world team before he was eventually benched

jamal murray: impressive guard with a relentless basket attacking mode scored a game high 30 points...the canadian guard from ontario is looking to potentially reclassify from 2016 to 2015 and a nike sr employee told me his dad is leaning towards criminal dana altman's oregon ducks

ben simmons: most well rounded player in the game with 13 points, 8 rebound & 8 assists

skal labissiere: the guy nba scouts like the most from the 2015 class, skal scored 21 points along with 8 boards...the kentucky donor we sat by told me that coach cal told him that marcus lee is gonna return to lexington again next season, gotta have those practice players

brenden glapion: much to taylor's chagrin, the pride of washington high school dnp

Thanks for the report, fly boy!
SFBearz

I trust most Cal fans are intelligent enough to see through the steaming mounds of pro-Cal bias and BS in this thread.

+ 1000
mikecohen

Pro-Cal bias and woofing on a Cal Fan Board? Perish the thought.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Tyson Jolly[/COLOR] is a nice get for the Cal Bears, but he's gotta get those ucla colors outta his wardrobe...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]ah...much better...[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Yeah, [COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan Rabb[/COLOR] can dunk...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]but can he do this?
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]https://vine.co/v/OK7aZKirqiW/embed[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1
joe yaks;842480541 said:

Well, the bacon maple bar looks good.

Hi Joe,

This is for you but it's not very healthy.

XXXOOO
Taylor
PtownBear1
Shocky1;842480527 said:

taylor & i sat on the floor behind the basket & yelled at ivan during warm ups "hey ivan, let's do this" (me) & "go to the bears, ivan" (taylor) and he glanced over with a surprised look ("what are they doing here?) and smiled with a quick nod

Way to represent and show him how far reaching Cal fans are
HoopDreams
Shocky1;842480527 said:

taylor & i power walked from the nines thru chinatown & past a crowd of 100+ non yoga practicing chunkys waiting outside of voodoo doughnuts & then across the steel bridge over the willamette river to the moda center & back again after the game...them doughnuts sure looked tasty but if kameron rooks can core out, we can too

[SIZE=4]Swanigan would have signed with Cal if the coaches gave him these during his official. But Nicodemus Christopher would have none of that

The man wanted donuts.[/SIZE]
petalumabear
Voodoo is an institution up in those parts. They also have a shop in Downtown Eugene and the bacon maple bars are quite popular. In fact, I could swear I saw a guy in yoga togs with a Cal golf bag looking ominously like the shockster, clean out the whole batch of them the last time I was in Eugene. Et tu Shocky?
Shocky1
Shocky1;842441503 said:

whether it's playing a high stakes poker game in a quiet back room in monaco, putting together a multi million dollar business deal or kissing a curvy brunette with good wheels for the 1st time or all of the above, it's important to know the tell

the tell is a small almost imperceptible visual cue that tells you what the other person is thinking...its benefits are priceless

are you still with me?

so ivan rabb is being interviewed along with jaylen brown by the espn announcers after the bishop o'dowd vs wheeler match up...the talking heads ask the 5 star brown re: his thought process with respects to selecting a college...the camera & all eyes focus upon jaylen but i'm still just watching ivan

the articulate & thoughtful jaylen says "players and coaches come and go, i want to pick a college where i'm comfortable"
ivan is starting to nod his head

jaylen then says "i want to pick a college that has a family atmosphere, somewhere that feels like home"
ivan is totally moving his head in agreement & then looks down to his left at his heart

the tell is clear (do not argue or question my body language reading skills, i aced psych 1 at cal)

it should be noted that jaylen brown & ivan rabb communicated with each other the most of the usa team players during warmups at the nike hoop summit
Shocky1
Shocky1;842397920 said:

do you ever feel sorry for your broken down azz?...do you pursue your quests & passions with a relentless intensity?...are you doing everything in your power to maximize your time & experiences on earth?

[video]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11812922[/video]

it's gametime, baby#

rip lauren hill#
joe amos yaks
Shocky1;842480568 said:

Hi Joe,

This is for you but it's not very healthy.

XXXOOO
Taylor

Mm-m-m...and the bacon is cooked crisp. Thank you. I might "green it up" with a sprig of parsley.

Or BTW--cream or jelly-filled or if unfilled top with a fried egg and a squiggle of catsup (some may prefer a sprinkle of Tobasco).
Shocky1
Shocky1;842468789 said:

https://vimeo.com/45797764

"i tell him 'don't let basketball define you...don't let it be your identity'...you see guys like magic johnson who have such an impact in the community...i think he can do great things in a community like oakland"
-lou richie re: young ivee

check out this outstanding article by mitch stephens re: the 4 montera prep middle school standouts that beat the odds & earned d1 scholarships as bishop o'dowd student athletes...these 4 students athletes have beaten all the odds in leading the dragons to both the girls & boys california open division state championships
http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Bishop-O-Dowd-s-Big-4-players-share-a-6148963.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop

in 1987 oakland real estate broker oral lee brown adopted a 1st grade class & told them that if they went to college she would pay for their costs

"i believe that love can turn anything around"

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20758224,00.html

let's do this#
everlasting love#

good thing for all the young kids whose lives have been touched by oral lee brown that she didn't turn her back on her hometown oakland (and its many challenges) in order to move to a dumb azz non diverse retirement community in tucson back in the day
HoopDreams
after Cal crushed Oregon State on Senior night during Ivan Rabb's official visit
I almost ran into him as he was exiting.
Our eyes met, and I said "I hope you come to Cal"
He didn't respond in words, but from that moment I felt he was coming to Cal

[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=7][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]You gotta believe[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842478653 said:

one of the great minds of the 21st century once said "costco has a lower acceptance rate than u o a"

with arizona's 95%+ acceptance rate, this is an accurate & insightful statement

which is kinda ironic because working on the floor of costco is kinda all that u of a grads are really qualified to do in today's fiercely global economy that significantly favors those with educational/academic achievement

living in north scottsdale i am eminently qualified to confidentally rank the state colleges for you as follows:

1) arizona state university (the honors college is top notch, u of a candidates need not apply)
2) grand canyon university (plus thunder dan majerle will bang you if you're a hot female under 25)
3) northern arizona university (my club forest highlands is nearby, cold azz in the winter)
4) pima school of bartending (higher career placement rate than u of a)
5) university of arizona (non academically motivated student body)
6) sheriff joe's tent city night school (if you steal 3 cars with your crew & are sentenced to 6 years for each prior felony, how many years will you gotta remain in buckeye if the judge reduces your sentence by 20% for the 5 years already served?)

bear down#

let's be real here, what kind of school accepts guys like jeff goodman and a poster who calls himself "watermelon?"
HoopDreams
[SIZE=4]in-depth [COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan Rabb[/COLOR] interview at Nike Hoops Summit[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][FONT=Arial Black]http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2015-Nike-Hoop-Summit-Video-Interview-Ivan-Rabb-4888/[/FONT][/SIZE]

mikecohen
HoopDreams;842480756 said:

[SIZE=4]in-depth [COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan Rabb[/COLOR] interview at Nike Hoops Summit[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][FONT=Arial Black]http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2015-Nike-Hoop-Summit-Video-Interview-Ivan-Rabb-4888/[/FONT][/SIZE]

Unusual: Good interviewer. Good guy. Refreshing.
Shocky1

legacy#
Shocky1
"i've gotten to this point in my career and realized that, yeah, i've got a lot more dreams and i want to go further but at the same time i don't want to do it if it's at the expense of my happiness...and i don't want to do it if it's at the expense of my sanity or if i have to become someone who is so out of touch with what's real, the people that love you and the people that you love"
-j cole

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]as it turns to dusk the eve before [COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan Rabb's[/COLOR] announcement of his college choice, I look to the sky for signs....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]hmmm...still too unclear to tell for sure
[/SIZE]
Bobodeluxe
HoopDreams;842480843 said:

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]
[]

Too many red stars. More bad mojo.

:p
stu
Bobodeluxe;842480867 said:

Red shift. They're really all blue.
HoopDreams
HoopDreams;842480843 said:

[SIZE=5]as it turns to dusk the eve before [COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan Rabb's[/COLOR] announcement of his college choice, I look to the sky for signs....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]hmmm...still too unclear to tell for sure
[/SIZE]

Bobodeluxe;842480867 said:

stu;842480875 said:

Red shift. They're really all blue.

[SIZE=6]As it turned darker, it's becoming a little clearer...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=6]what could it mean???[/SIZE]
HoopDreams
Shocky1
[video=youtube;73g8I2KebD4][/video]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842479472 said:

former mcdonalds all american & last season's pac 12 assists leader nigel williams-goss, a 6'3" 180 lbs true point guard from henderson, nevada announced today that he is transferring from the university of washington

husky's head coach lorenzo romar is a high character good man but with declining fan attendance/student apathy along with not making the ncca tournament since 2011 & a freshmen dominated but talented team with no rebounding/interior defense expected to struggle next season, his run in seattle is almost done

last season for the huskies williams-goss averaged 15.6 points per game, a pac 12 leading 5.9 assists per game & 4.7 rebounds per game...like tyrone wallace at the 1, nigel needs to relentlessly work on his 3 point shooting (an abysmal 25.6% last season) in order to maximize his future nba opportunity

nwg is an outstanding student athlete with a 4.0 gpa at findlay prep in las vegas & currently has a 3.74 gpa at washington in psychology/communications

williams-goss would be a perfect cal fit with his strong academic profile & ability to follow t-wall (assuming tyrone returns next season) at the 1 for the 2016 season before most likely graduating from cal & pursuing his nba opportunities with a true safety net, a degree from the #1 public university in the world

at that point the door would still be open for the bears staff targeted howlin' at the moon class 2016 recruiting priorities at the 1: derryck thornton of findlay prep (if tyus jones declares for the nba, he is expected to reclassify to 2015 & sign with duke), devearl ramsey of sierra canyon & jordan ford of folsom

huf & head coach tommy amaker almost successfully recruited nigel out of high school to harvard...yeah, seasons change, williams-goss is gonna change but who knew that huf is the lead singer for future islands?

nigel williams goss currently has 5 favorites: hometown unlv, upstart texas with new head coach shaka smart (visit scheduled), georgetown (the only academic school on his list), michigan state & providence
HoopDreams
woke up this morning, and had my morning coffee...

[SIZE=5]is that a Bear or Wildcat?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=7][FONT=Impact][COLOR="#0000CD"]you gotta believe[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Shocky1

jordan ford scored 34 points including a lethal 6-10 3 pointers along with 2 assists as the oakland soldiers won their summer eybl opener 82-76 vs the las vegas prospects

cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016) ringleader oscar frayer scored 12 points on an efficient 4-8 fgs along with 7 boards & an assist...oscar's verticality is just stoopid

going4roses
present roster of the oakland soldiers ?
Mr. Frumble
going4roses;842480925 said:

present roster of the oakland soldiers ?

Here is the boxscore from their loss to CIA Bounce on Saturday:

http://www.d1circuit.com/game/show/10197980?referrer=1642463

Apparently Dana Altman, Tony Bennett, Scott Drew, and Johnny Dawkins were among those in attendance.

And here is their roster:

http://www.d1circuit.com/page/show/1642463-oakland-soldiers-ca-?subseason=209505
Vineyardview
Did you know? Which Cal BB Star is coaching the Soldiers?

Oakland Soldiers: Oakland, CA
Director: Mark Olivier
Head Coach: Lance Olivier
Assistant coaches: Loren Leath, [SIZE=5]Richard Midgley [/SIZE]
Shocky1
Vineyardview;842481007 said:

Did you know? Which Cal BB Star is coaching the Soldiers?

Oakland Soldiers: Oakland, CA
Director: Mark Olivier
Head Coach: Lance Olivier
Assistant coaches: Loren Leath, [SIZE=5]Richard Midgley [/SIZE]

more importantly, did you know that midgley met the girl of his dreams (haas biz school grad like the shockster) & wife at cal?

cal is a dream school#
HoopDreams
[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=7]fam[/SIZE][/COLOR]

First Page Last Page
Page 176 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.