cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,264,540 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
puget sound cal fan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is Huf pursuing a Frenchie?
Shocky1
puget sound cal fan;842485602 said:

Is Huf pursuing a Frenchie?

je ne sais pas, monsieur

it's fuchsia (not pink)#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842427249 said:

what could be worse than finding out your head coach is as unethical as criminal dana altman?

answer: finding out your head coach is an unremorseful enabler of a rapist because he thought it might help him win a few more games

check out the orange county register article: "alford's past paints blurry character portrait"
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/alford-535065-indiana-basketball.html

if steve alford has not protected his star basketball player after he raped the 1st student, then the 2nd victim most likely would have been spared this violent crime

if alford had been a basketball coach at an iowa middle school rather than the head coach at the university of iowa, then alford would be in a prison today for his documented role in enabling/facilitating a convicted rapist to escape justice all in the name of his winning a few more basketball games

steve alford's insincere decade late apology as mandated by the ucla athletic director during april of 2013:

"at that time i instinctively and mistakenly came to (pierece's) defense before knowing all the facts...i wanted to believe he was innocent and in response to a media question i publicly proclaimed his innocence before the legal system had run its course"

"that was inappropriate, insensitive and hurtful especially for the young female victim and i apologize for that"

"i have learned and grown from that experience and now understand that such proclamations can contribute to an atmosphere in which similar crimes go unreported and victims are not taken seriously"

why did alford wait over a decade to apologize?

does alford truly feel any responsibility for the 2nd rape victim because of his actions?

steve alford=dana altman=joe paterno

this is ucla basketball#

jaylen, have you & your mom discussed this issue with steve alford?

deal breaker#

i dunno kinda seems like stephen zimmerman didn't want to play for a rapist enabler like steve alford

bad sneakers update:

steve alford has taken 2 bigs commitments after being passed on by ivan rabb & stephen zimmerman & every other 4/5 star big in the nation

***3 star alex olesinki 6'9"200 lbs (la lumiere high school)
**2 star ikenna okwarabizie 6'9' 270 lbs (tyler junior college}

don't really matter what shoes you wear if your coach is a rapist enabler

ruh roh#
HoopDreams

HoopDreams

HoopDreams
Come to Cal
And see the World

Jeff82
Agreed. If we could get the noise level in Haas up to where Harmon was, that would be great. The loudest sound I've ever heard at a sporting event was the reaction when Chris Washington stole the inbounds pass an dunked to retake the lead in the 1986 Streak game against UCLA.
Shocky1
parentswerebears;842485513 said:

I agree.. I'm traditionally late for tip. It sucks.

what's up with that?...i've never been late for a tee time at shinnecock hills or royal county down

one of my traditions is parking the rental by the entrance to the baseball field but then never walking by the front of haas pavilion until it's time to enter...depending upon the pregame plans, this requires dreaming up some pretty out of the way walks along the campus paths thru the trees & sometimes along/over the creeks in order to not walk in front of haas until it's "go time"

my family thinks it's just another one of dad's crazy azz ocd tics but i'd prefer to think of it as just a cal basketball game day tradition

let's do this#
Shocky1
Jeff82;842485723 said:

Agreed. If we could get the noise level in Haas up to where Harmon was, that would be great. The loudest sound I've ever heard at a sporting event was the reaction when Chris Washington stole the inbounds pass an dunked to retake the lead in the 1986 Streak game against UCLA.

the loudest sound i've ever heard at a sporting event was gordon bayne (above foto) yelling/waving his arms at me to get the ***** off (gordon is very classy & didn't actually use any profanity) newell court while stormin' the floor after t-wall' ice in his veins 3 point moneyball vs them usc trojans...i invited sfcitybear (he still reads this board) to that game & you can see him in the foto below obeying the rules & standing on the haas lettering on the floor while i'm searching out coach webster to give him a shoulder hug after his happy dance at mid court

the magic of haas#
concordtom
Shocky1;842485769 said:

the loudest sound i've ever heard at a sporting event was gordon bayne yelling/flapping his arms at me to get the ***** off (gordon is actually very classy & didn't actually use any profanity) newell court while stormin' the floor after t-wall' ice in his veins 3 point moneyball vs them usc trojans

the magic of haas#

That was definitely a very special moment for me. I feel someone very close to me helped nudge that ball thru the hoop at that moment.
I looked up!
Of all the games at Haas, this is one I won't forget.
Thanks.
Jeff82
Shocky1;842485766 said:

what's up with that?...i've never been late for a tee time at shinnecock hills or royal county down

one of my traditions is parking the rental by the entrance to the baseball field but then never walking by the front of haas pavilion until it's time to enter...depending upon the pregame plans, this requires dreaming up some pretty out of the way walks along the campus paths thru the trees & sometimes along/over the creeks in order to not walk in front of haas until it's "go time"

my family thinks it's just another one of dad's crazy azz ocd tics but i'd prefer to think of it as just a cal basketball game day tradition

let's do this#

My tradition is never to enter the gym other than by the main door, through the Harmon lobby, even though one of the side entrances is more convenient to our seats. I always love the sense of anticipation from entering that foyer with the wood and the donor plaques.
Shocky1
Jeff82;842485776 said:

My tradition is never to enter the gym other than by the main door, through the Harmon lobby, even though one of the side entrances is more convenient to our seats. I always love the sense of anticipation from entering that foyer with the wood and the donor plaques.

jeff, that makes total sense to me, that's as good as it gets
concordtom
concordtom;842485775 said:

That was definitely a very special moment for me. I feel someone very close to me helped nudge that ball thru the hoop at that moment.
I looked up!
Of all the games at Haas, this is one I won't forget.
Thanks.

We've joked about Shocky bouncing off the pile in this clip, but if you play it over and over, and watch the reactions, I think 2 people stand out:
1) Jordan Mathews - just jumping up and down while everyone else is running
2) Yanni sprinting from out of nowhere on the sidelines to be one of the first to reach Wallace. Hilarious. He's just a big grown kid, isn't he?

Also, Shocky, perhaps more humorous than your bounce off the pile is the fact that you nearly jumped out of your (pink) shirt.
tydog
Shocky1;842485769 said:

the loudest sound i've ever heard at a sporting event was gordon bayne (above foto) yelling/waving his arms at me to get the ***** off (gordon is very classy & didn't actually use any profanity) newell court while stormin' the floor after t-wall' ice in his veins 3 point moneyball vs them usc trojans...i invited sfcitybear (he still reads this board) to that game & you can see him in the foot below obeying the rules & standing on the haas lettering on the floor while i'm searching out coach webster to give him a shoulder hug after his happy dance at mid court

the magic of haas#

Gordon is a good dude. I'll have to let him know the shockster is giving him props on BI.
parentswerebears
Shocky1;842485766 said:

let's do this#

Small, clingy kids. The only game I was on time for was Bakersfield. We won the other games I've gone to.
socaltownie
HA!! My tradition is to snap another picture of SCT Jr. under Sather Gate every time we get up. My hope is that I get to snap one his first day his frosh year and then when he graduates in his cap and gown and then put them together in a book.. A man can dream.......
Shocky1
OldBlue1999;842485313 said:

Some of my fondest memories of Cal basketball are from when I sat in the last row in Harmon. I used to have the last seat where the bench went under the old HS-style scoreboard at the south end and I'd stand on my seat and pound on the sheet metal to make more noise. Now I just have to settle for standing and screaming like a lunatic. Been in my new seat since Haas opened in '99 and added another to our block a few years ago. Love the vantage point and the regulars around us, many of whom we've gotten to know casually over the years. I've said before that I buy through my dad to sit together but pay my own way, even though it means zero accumulation of bb points for me. Doesn't matter, there's nowhere else I'd rather be on game night than Haas. Go Bears!

ob99, it's pretty obvious that haas/harmon is your palace

bleeding blue & gold#
Jeff82
Shocky, I just looked close and realized I'm in your palace picture. I'm in a gold/yellow shirt in the center of the picture, sitting in my usual seat in Section 8, row 24, a few rows above the wheelchair seating area. I believe my wife is sitting next to me on the aisle, and my Dad is to my left.
concordtom
Fun, indeed.
But I gotta ask, why not just sneak down lower?
Shocky1
Jeff82;842485907 said:

Shocky, I just looked close and realized I'm in your palace picture. I'm in a gold/yellow shirt in the center of the picture, sitting in my usual seat in Section 8, row 24, a few rows above the wheelchair seating area. I believe my wife is sitting next to me on the aisle, and my Dad is to my left.

wow, that's kinda like finding waldo

sounds like la familia de jeff is looking forward to getting all aboard next season on coach martin's love train

only 9 more days for season tix(s) holders to renew their same seats before all remaining seats at haas will be opened to the general public...this is a multi generational love train, not sure exactly where it's gonna go but it's gonna be exciting that's for sure

the love train#
HoopDreams
[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=5]Thursday, April 23 at 12:30pm [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842477903 said:

tyrone, i introduced myself & visited with your mom michelle & your younger sisters/brothers before the fresno state game at the save mart arena in the central valley...your family had made the short drive over from bakersfield & was very excited to see you play...you should have seen their exuberant smiles after you led your team to an exciting victory over the bulldogs

neice told me about the amazing influence you have upon the little ones, how you consistently call home & ask each of them if they are doing their homework and emphasizing to them the importance of getting it done in the classroom to ensure bright futures for them...you would be the 1st person in your family to graduate from college, what an inspiration you are for the young ones

t-wall, my love for you & the cal basketball program transcends far beyond wins & losses on the basketball floor, it is **** like that makes supporting you & your teammates special and truly magical for me, you are an amazing person...yeah, it was fun stormin' the court after your ice in the veins 3 point moneyball vs the university of spoiled children with .4th of a second left in the game (see the foto below of your poised deadly shooting form with the clearly good luck fuschia shoelaces & me getting ready to do the stormin' thing in my purple villebrequin linen dress shirt)

and now you are at the crossroads...are you gonna drop out of college & throw your name in the nba draft or will you return for your senior season & earn a cal degree?

with defenders smothering you all season you shot 42.5% on field goals & 31.8% on 3 pointers from behind the college line along with an undefended 60.6% on free throws...you also got abused & outplayed defensively by marginal nba prospects chasson randle & tj mcconnell...it is highly unlikely you would be drafted in the 1st round in this year's nba draft which ensures a guaranteed contract which means you would be a 2nd round draft choice or a free agent

the nba development league is a brutal biz, paying many of its players around $30k while they compete for maybe one open spot on the parent team roster...it's a lot of long bus rides & fiercely competing with guys that really don't want to share the ball because they know they need attention grabbing stats to make an impression upon the front office...there's absolutely nothing glamorous about the nba development league, ask richard solomon about it, it's a day to day highly stressful life with no safety net for those without a college degree

or you can return to cal & play with the potential diamonds are forever class (2015) with improved shooting spacing because of the elite talent...you can become more of a vocal leader at point guard & better impose your will upon your teammates that are looking to you for direction...and most importantly, you can serve as a tremendous role model to your younger sisters & brothers & finish your academic goals with a diploma from cal

you know at some point basketball is gonna be done with you, are you gonna be just another college dropout on the streets then trying to financially support your hard working mom & family?...or are you gonna be a graduate from the #1 public university in the world with a million career opportunities & an unlimited future?

marco harris once told me that men take care of their business & jennifer hunter told me you are exceptionally bright & a very conscientious student

t-wall, i get it, the lure of potentially quick $ to help your family is strong but how are you gonna accomplish that goal?...what is the best strategy both in the short & long run?...you know the answer in your heart, you gotta love it not hate it

"i think it was ok (the nba draft evaluation)...it could have been a little bit higher...that's what he's basing it off"

"he is excited (re: the ivan rabb era)...he's very excited...that's why it's so hard to make a decision"

"i just want him to get his degree"

-michelle johnson (told me her nickname is neice, "all my friends call me that") to jeff faraudo

the promise to grandpa#
HoopDreams
highlights...Dillard about 3 minute mark

and later, with one of his assists...

[video=youtube;rI3UAz09Z4g][/video]
concordtom
That wasn't just an assist from #24, that was a globetrotter assist, bounce-pass-cross-the-lane-off-the-floor-leave-at-the-rim-alley-oop-for-the-one-handed-stretchback-slam assist. I don't recall ever seeing that in a game before!

Otherwise, 3 dunks of his own and a long-range J.
socaltownie
concordtom;842486125 said:

That wasn't just an assist from #24, that was a globetrotter assist, bounce-pass-cross-the-lane-off-the-floor-leave-at-the-rim-alley-oop-for-the-one-handed-stretchback-slam assist. I don't recall ever seeing that in a game before!

Otherwise, 3 dunks of his own and a long-range J.

That man needs to be wearing a Bears jersey. He has gaga upside in respect to athleticism.
Shocky1
damion lee, the nations #1 ranked senior graduate transfer from drexel, visited both arizona & louisville in the last couple days and has made a commitment to rick pitino & the cardinals

honestly if you can't feel the shift of power in the pac 12, you're not paying enough attention

sean miller went to the dunkin' donuts on speedway this morning & loaded up on 2 boxes of non gluten free double fudge glazed donuts with mocha sprinkles along with a diet pepsi

tuscon is a dump#
Jeff82
We renewed last week. We may try to move one of our seats down to the wheelchair platform during the reseating, which will supposedly be in August after the renovation/scoreboard installation is done. But we're aboard the Cuonzo Express.
Shocky1

this **** is getting live

the promise to grandpa#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked (#3 overall) ******* university in the world
HoopDreams
t-wall!
Nothing better than a senior PG

Shocky1
[video=youtube;UEJ-qJDDvkI][/video]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842484183 said:

the event: 2015 shockster free throw competition

the location: the gold gym at the rsf

the competition: each of the 3 participants will shoot 100 free throws with a rotation of 5 free throw at a time for each shooter to be completed for 20 cycles

the participants:

jabari bird, 76.5% free throws this season

jordan mathews, 78.6% free throws last season

tyrone wallace, 60.6% free throws last season

the organizer:

lucas cortez will record the results of each shot including a splatter sheet with the location of each miss whether it's short, long, left or right

check out young ivee's reaction in the background, i respect ivan more for this than any million points he scored in winning a california state championship in that absolutely unscripted moment he reveals his true heart

the stakes:

the loser of the 2015 shockster free throw competition must wear fuschia lipstick to lunch with his teammates

rihanna looks pretty damn good with fuschia lipstick

t-wall, not so much

tyrone, but let's be real here, neice, grandpa & the young ones would be much more prouder of you if you walk across the stage in may of 2016 with a diploma from the university of california, berkeley

tyrone, nobody's putting any pressure on you, this is your decision...keep in mind that while basketball is gonna be done with you someday, nobody can ever take away a cal degree & the many doors in life that it can open for you

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

unsubstantiated rumor dept: coach webster thinks he can outshoot all of them guys, that they got half the stroke he got...game on

i do not wanna see coach webster with fuschia lipstick, not at all...he gotta stick to the happy dance
Shocky1

"as a mater dei grad, i'm proud i will be continuing our school's collegiate legacy of never playing more than one year at any one school...as long as i live, i seriously doubt i'm ever gonna meet a dude that can eat as many of them dunkin' donuts than coach miller...just look at him, all pudgy over there in the corner just chowing down them heart attack grenades...coach likes them variety boxes, he's multiple that way"

"look, let's be real here, arizona is an academically mediocre school, i know that...there's no point in working toward a degree, right?...do i look like i wanna be a shift supervisor at dirtbags and serve double cheeseburgers with super sized fries & a diet pepsi to jeff goodman when i'm 30?...no thanks, i'm out of here...tuscon is a dump"

"the timing of my late decision is intentional...sure i could've told you guys after the wisconsin game that the handrwriting is on the wall that coach miller is never gonna be able to coach up his wildcats to the final four regardless of the elite talent level, that's just not gonna happen...but i wanted to bang as many groupies on campus as possible and also get lots of free stuff while interviewing agents...it's kinda a shame that this late decision has caused the number one senior graduate transfer in the nation damion lee to pick louisville over arizona but that's not my problem anymore"

"i'm gonna deenroll from all of my classes but to be honest with you, i don't really know which classes i got...hmmm, think i had a communications class or something...anyways, reading books & **** like that isn't really important to the arizona basketball program...it's all about playing basketball on the basketball court with a basketball"

"adios"
-stanley johnson

bear down#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]All-Pac-12 point guard [COLOR="#0000CD"]Tyrone Wallace[/COLOR], averaged 17 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists last season[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Senior PG with weapons all around him[/SIZE]

A
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000FF"]ryan anderson[/COLOR] of the New Orleans Pelicans with the clutch 3 at the end of OT
But his 10-14 shooting, 4-4 FT for 26 pts was not enough to beat the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Playoffs, who came from 20 points down in the 4th quarter[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842486540 said:

"as a mater dei grad, i'm proud i will be continuing our school's collegiate legacy of never playing more than one year at any one school...as long as i live, i seriously doubt i'm ever gonna meet a dude that can eat as many of them dunkin' donuts than coach miller...just look at him, all pudgy over there in the corner just chowing down them heart attack grenades...coach likes them variety boxes, he's multiple that way"

"look, let's be real here, arizona is an academically mediocre school, i know that...there's no point in working toward a degree, right?...do i look like i wanna be a shift supervisor at dirtbags and serve double cheeseburgers with super sized fries & a diet pepsi to jeff goodman when i'm 30?...no thanks, i'm out of here...tuscon is a dump"

"the timing of my late decision is intentional...sure i could've told you guys after the wisconsin game that the handrwriting is on the wall that coach miller is never gonna be able to coach up his wildcats to the final four regardless of the elite talent level, that's just not gonna happen...but i wanted to bang as many groupies on campus as possible and also get lots of free stuff while interviewing agents...it's kinda a shame that this late decision has caused the number one senior graduate transfer in the nation damion lee to pick louisville over arizona but that's not my problem anymore"

"i'm gonna deenroll from all of my classes but to be honest with you, i don't really know which classes i got...hmmm, think i had a communications class or something...anyways, reading books & **** like that isn't really important to the arizona basketball program...it's all about playing basketball on the basketball court with a basketball"

"adios"
-stanley johnson

bear down#

hours after his nba announcement, stanley johnson was involved in a significant car crash, this foto does not capture all the damage

at 6:37 pm there is a selfie foot of stan the man & his pal cayleb jones, an arizona wide receiver, clowning for their phones...apparently in tucson recklessly driving at high speeds jeopardizing working families in their neighborhoods is a big ******* joke for the star arizona athletes
First Page Last Page
Page 182 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.