cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,263,572 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
Cal Geek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842486621 said:

hours after his nba announcement, stanley johnson was involved in a significant car crash, this foto does not capture all the damage

at 6:37 pm there is a selfie foot of stan the man & his pal cayleb jones, an arizona wide receiver, clowning for their phones...apparently in tucson recklessly driving at high speeds jeopardizing working families in their neighborhoods is a big ******* joke for the star arizona athletes

I can't help but comment at the "lovely" architectural wall in the background. Is is on Tucson's list of historical places/walls? It is, well, "amazing".....
Shocky1
[video=youtube;N7QqouIxulM][/video]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842460528 said:

i've noted numerous times in this cal's monster class thread that the upward trajectory of this season's california golden bears is limited by the lack of alpha males, an edginess, a **** *** attitude...the guy with the toughest mental mindset can't be the head coach (or some dumb azz fan), it's gotta be a fearless leader on the court

davon dillard is taking an official visit to cal this weekend along with fellow indianan big sauce & young ivee, he could be one of those alpha males...his lead recruiter is coach webster who grew up with davon's mom in illinois

dillard is a late emerging 3 star 6'5" 205 lbs wing from our savior american school in new york but his mom kaliah baker (davon's dad died in 2005, check out his son's honorary tat in the foto above) is raising his 2 younger sisters & 1 younger brother back home in gary, indiana...his blue chip finalists include cal, creighton (scheduled to take an official visit), indiana, purdue & pittsburgh

davon is an aggressive, athletic wing that plays in a relentless basket attacking mode that also facilitates his teammates with creative passes & knocks down open 3 pointers...his physical style of play would bring a different & necessary element to the bears wings, he would complement (and push) jabari & jordan

the bears coaching staff has throughly checked out dillard after a bloody altercation with another player during his junior year...he's a good kid that would benefit from coach martin & coach webster's mentorship in becoming a man that takes care of his business in the right way...davon has a 3.0+ pga & hopes to be a role model to his younger sisters & brother in becoming the 1st person in his family to graduate from college

like coach martin growing up in east st louis, davon grew up in tough circumstances with food stamps in gary

dillard's offer from the cal staff is actionable, he's a key priority for 2015 along with mcdonalds all americans swanigan & rabb

davon's other collegiate finalists all got miserable cold azz weather, he's gonna find out this weekend that cali isn't heavy jacket weather

cal family#
50 year decision#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 public (#3 overall) university in the world

"the visit was great...the campus and area are beautiful and the trip to cal has been everything i expected and more...it's a family here at cal...i want to be part of the legacy that's going to be built here...it was great visiting with oscar, ivan and caleb too...they're all good guys...i can't wait for next year...we're building a dream team here...cal is taking over next season"
-davon dillard to jim mcgill (donors can never speak with recruits)

diamonds are forever#

davon's signed letter of intent was received along with paperwork from tyson & ivan on the 1st day of the signing period...there will not be an official announcement until ncca clearance is resolved re: the credibility of dillard's senior year high school, our savior new american school in centerreach, new york...this issue will also impact teammate cheick diallo

but that don't mean that the cal housing office isn't looking for a roommate for davon that's for sure
Shocky1
davon, you just can't room with whoever you want at cal, that's not how freshmen dormitory housing works at cal...don't be a dumb azz

i dunno, maybe when you fill out the student housing questionnaire you should be honest & request living with centaur, that makes total sense to me

but hopefully you gonna room with one or two of them mcdonalds dudes

http://vimeo.com/45797764

good knight's sleep#

davon, my fashionista daughter taylor thinks you should fill out this questionnaire
Shocky1
Shocky1;842486621 said:

hours after his nba announcement, stanley johnson was involved in a significant car crash, this foto does not capture all the damage

at 6:37 pm there is a selfie foot of stan the man & his pal cayleb jones, an arizona wide receiver, clowning for their phones...apparently in tucson recklessly driving at high speeds jeopardizing working families in their neighborhoods is a big ******* joke for the star arizona athletes

police reports out of tucson confirm that stanley johnson was driving at the time of the accident...he was hot rodding in a working family neighborhood with lots of small children often playing in the streets...thank goodness nobody was killed

this is arizona basketball#
Bobodeluxe
Especially in a Red state, the public will tolerate a player's foibles for on court/field success, as long as they don't try to join a frat.

:facepalm
socaltownie
Shocky1;842486691 said:

police reports out of tucson confirm that stanley johnson was driving at the time of the accident...he was hot rodding in a working family neighborhood with lots of small children often playing in the streets...thank goodness nobody was killed

this is arizona basketball#

Make and model of the car the boosters bought for him? I can't tell.
OldBlue1999
Tarczewski still might leave too? I thought he had confirmed he was staying.

http://tucson.com/sports/blogs/pascoe/arizona-basketball-crash-puts-dent-in-johnson-s-big-day/article_1bb197fc-ea3c-11e4-8600-b773d1f3fb31.html
Shocky1
OldBlue1999;842486708 said:

Tarczewski still might leave too? I thought he had confirmed he was staying.

http://tucson.com/sports/blogs/pascoe/arizona-basketball-crash-puts-dent-in-johnson-s-big-day/article_1bb197fc-ea3c-11e4-8600-b773d1f3fb31.html

zeus will be annoucing today he's staying in tuscon...congrats to the big guy, he's one of the few wildcats that will ever earn a degree

expect usf transfer mark tollefson to sign with arizona now that that #1 ranked senior graduate transfer damion lee has picked rick pitinio's louisville cards rather than watching sean miller stuff his face with dunkin' donuts...both tollefson & lee officially visited tuscon last weekend

it is not known if stanley johnson hosted them & drove them around town

tuscon is a dump#
Shocky1
socaltownie;842486702 said:

Make and model of the car the boosters bought for him? I can't tell.

$20+k dodge challenger

dirty envelopes#
OldBlue1999
Challenger R/T = $30k+ msrp
Challenger STR8 = $45k+ msrp
"Blackout" customization = +/- another $10k (min)
Don't worry though, I'm sure they didn't pay msrp for this one.

Also Shocky,what did the fine people at tuscon ever do to you?
BoaltBear
Shady business.
Shocky1
OldBlue1999;842486738 said:

Challenger R/T = $30k+ msrp
Challenger STR8 = $45k+ msrp
"Blackout" customization = +/- another $10k (min)
Don't worry though, I'm sure they didn't pay msrp for this one.

Also Shocky,what did the fine people at tuscon ever do to you?

appreciate the car talk

got no problem with tusconians, my pool guy trevor (an arizona grad) does good work & my resuce dogs all like him too
89Bear
Shocky1;842486770 said:

appreciate the car talk

got no problem with tusconians, my pool guy trevor (an arizona grad) does good work & my resuce dogs all like him too

I had a Zona grad take care of my dogs when I was on vacation. Really friendly guy who said he was "in between jobs." Liked housesitting because it got him out of his parent's house for a bit...
Shocky1
Shocky1;842482955 said:

a signing day press conference was originally scheduled for 3:00 pm today...but not all 3 letters were received at that time & the conference was rescheduled for tomorrow

the 3rd letter was received a little before 4:00 pm after most of the media had already cleared out but make no mistake about it, the california golden bear love train is leaving the station, everybody all aboard...this is gonna be an epic love train for the ages, tell all your friends, don't you know it's time to get on board?

davon, tyson & ivan: welcome brothers to coach martin's love train, 1st stop is gonna be berkeley, california for the summer bridge program starting on wednesday june 24th, the 2nd stop is gonna be arriving saturday august 15th in melbourne, australia (with stops also in sydney & brisbane) with games on august 16th, 18th, 20th & 23rd and with winter stops including las vegas, nevada & laramie, wyoming & charlottesville, virgina

jaylen, come on let's join hands on the love train with your friends at the #1 public & most diverse intellectually university in the world

let's do this, this is gonna be the ride of your life

sure glad t-wall is gonna earn his cal degree & provide more vocal leadership on coach martin's love train

the love train#
Vandalus
89Bear;842486783 said:

I had a Zona grad take care of my dogs when I was on vacation. Really friendly guy who said he was "in between jobs." Liked housesitting because it got him out of his parent's house for a bit...

Ouch!
Shocky1
Shocky1;842486720 said:

zeus will be annoucing today he's staying in tuscon...congrats to the big guy, he's one of the few wildcats that will ever earn a degree

expect usf transfer mark tollefson to sign with arizona now that that #1 ranked senior graduate transfer damion lee has picked rick pitinio's louisville cards rather than watching sean miller stuff his face with dunkin' donuts...both tollefson & lee officially visited tuscon last weekend

it is not known if stanley johnson hosted them & drove them around town

tuscon is a dump#

zeus has confirmed he's gonna return next season

kam & the king gotta work their azzs off this summer
HoopDreams

HoopDreams
HoopDreams;842486616 said:

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000FF"]ryan anderson[/COLOR] of the New Orleans Pelicans with the clutch 3 at the end of OT
But his 10-14 shooting, 4-4 FT for 26 pts was not enough to beat the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Playoffs, who came from 20 points down in the 4th quarter[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Anderson looks better in blue...[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;LFZHfyuwuI4][/video]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842483220 said:

senior graduate transfer mark tollefsen (usf) is a confirmed official visitor at arizona (no actionable offer yet) this weekend & is also being recruited by cal, san diego state, tennesse, usc, washington & nevada

it is not expected that lorenzo romar will ask robert upshaw to host tollefsen if he visits seattle

don on the move#

tollefsen is gonna be a wildcat for 1 year...miller's firm offer of sharing the strawberry maple bars from dunkin' donuts probably sealed the deal
Shocky1
Shocky1;842483493 said:

the staff has their eyes on multiple point guard prospects:

2016:
*****derryck thronton (findlay prep), duke lean if he does not reclassify to 2015 is expected to visit berkeley with his dad this summer
*****devearl ramsey (sierra caynon), unofficially visited with the coaches after leading his team to a state championship conquest at haas
*****jordan ford (folsom), oakland soldier is filling the stat sheet already in aau ball's opening weekend

2017:
*****damari milstead (moreau catholic), oscar frayer's facilitator/distributor & scorer
*****jade smith (st joesph notre dame), physical specimen last pilots pg at cal was pretty good

2018:
*****elijah hardy (bishop o'dowd), and so the ivan rabb/lou richie cal legacy begins...fireworks

let's do this

derryck thornton's signing with duke for 2015 as expected means the bears staff will be expending significant energy building further relationship & scouting both jordan & devearl for 2016 at point guard

touch the sky#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#0000CD"]custom jordans baby[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Shocky1
what up surfer dude?

everybody knew you were super smart with a 4.37 gpa@aptos high school but congrats on building your 6'7" 195 lbs 1st cal weigh in to a current 228 lbs thru hard work with nicodemus in the bears s&c program

a cal staffer told me when you walked on that you had the potential/upside to earn pt someday because of your work ethic & the body structure of your parents (both are docs)

cole, you are living the california dream

the magic of california (tucson is a dump)#
HoopDreams
[video=youtube;7zMQQ7Wf2Ug][/video]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842479808 said:

asu fun fact: did you know that despite earning millions in the nba that bobby hurley squandered his life's savings & lost his family's horse estate because of financial mismanagement/non performing investments related to the ponies?

i dunno maybe bobby can mentor his sun devils re: the fastest mudder in the 3rd race at belmont, the best books in jersey, the tightest slots in vegas & **** like that...when he tells his guys we're off to the races, he means it

don't be a dumb azz#

shannon evans, a 2nd team all mac guard with a 15.4 ppg last season will be transferring (will redshirt next season) from buffalo in order to be reunited with his mentor bobby...smart kid
Shocky1

cal is all about the celebration & full expression of one's unique individuality

beast mode=ideal fit in beszerkely

this ain't ann arbor#
concordtom
Shocky1;842487376 said:

shannon evans, a 2nd team all mac guard with a 15.4 ppg last season will be transferring (will redshirt next season) from buffalo in order to be reunited with his mentor bobby...smart kid

I guess he was a SOPH because it says he will have 2 years of eligibility left after sitting out one year due to transfer rules.
joe amos yaks
Coach Miller got him with the Bacon Glazed Long John from Alvernon's...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4555[/ATTACH]
Shocky1
joe yaks;842487488 said:

Coach Miller got him with the Bacon Glazed Long John from Alvernon's...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4555[/ATTACH]

coach miller is big on pointing his players in the right direction in life

bear down#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=3]"Hailing from Marietta, Georgia, [COLOR="#0000CD"]Jaylen Brown[/COLOR] is one of the most talented players in the country, scout lists him as the #1 player in the nation, rivals has him at #3 and ESPN has him slotted at #4. A recent rumor claimed that Brown had trimmed his list to Cal and Michigan. That has since been debunked. It is widely believed that Brown is deciding between; Cal, Michigan, Kansas, Kentucky and UCLA. The catch is he's not saying much which is why speculation has run rampant in regards to his recruitment.

Brown is a game-changer for whichever school he does end up attending, as a likely one-and-done player. A McDonald's All-American, Brown checks in at 6-7, 220 and averaged 28 points and 12 rebounds per game as a senior. He finished his high school career by scoring 22 points and knocking down two free throws with 0.5 seconds left in the state finals to lift his Wheeler High School team to a 59-58 win.

Brown is a fearsome player who attacks the basket and can finish with authority. He is a capable shooter, but is at his best when he drives to the hoop. He is equally dangerous on the fast break as he is in a half court set. Brown is a ready-made college star."[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842460998 said:

dk is the consummate team player unselfishly playing out of position this season & is an amazing student athlete with an eye on the future...mark my words, kravish is gonna be a multi millionaire, a terrific husband & father, and a true friend to those close to him with his giving spirit...dave & debra kravish gotta be pretty proud of their son

the cal basketball experience extends far beyond playing basketball on the basketball court with a basketball...unlike basketball factories like arizona that leave their ballers undereducated & poorly prepared for the future once they leave tucson, the #1 public university in the world successfully prepares its graduates for life's many challenges & opportunities

david, you are a special person & i'm gonna yell my azz off for you on sunday...and yeah, i'll probably go to one of your concerts in the future too, who knew that you're also the lead singer for st lucia?...if you play this song at your upcoming summer wedding to ashton pohlman, i'll feel like i've accomplished something (kim k dumping that sorry azz kayne for me isn't gonna count) with this dumb azz cal's monster class thread

the smartest bear of them all#

"my most memorable moment was beating arizona at home my junior year...the place was electric"

"i'd tell the younger guys on our team to always believe in themselves no matter what happens...success starts with believing in yourself that you can achieve your goals"

"to the fans and donors that supported me: thank you for everything...my experience at cal would never have been as great if it wasn't for your loud cheers and all of the efforts you put in to make this program so special"
-david kravish

tomorrow nite's team banquet will be the last time this group of special of individuals is ever assembled (until next time)

brothers#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842461316 said:

christian montaque behrens and his mom andrea along with dad bj watching over his shoulder is gonna participate in today's senior day ceremonies

dude has battled major injuries yet has returned to the battlefield with his indefatigable spirit...christian is respected by his teammates & coaches and is a true student athlete that has always done things the right way in life

yeah, cb is gonna play fast & furious, would not be surprised if he takes his signature grandes bolas charge vs the out of control beavers, would not be surprised at all

"christian is a wonderful young man both on and off the court...he made great strides in basketball during the 12 months we have had the pleasure to coach him...we support christian in this decision and wish him all the best as he prepares for the next step in his life...most importantly, christian will earn his degree from the university of california next month which will create tremendous opportunities for him...we will support him however we can along the way"
-coach martin

"i want to thank the entire cal athletics family for giving me this tremendous opportunity to represent the golden bears...i am on track to graduate in may with a degree from the world's #1 public institution which is a great honor...i believe at this time i want to start a new chapter in my basketball career and pursue professional opportunities...i cherish my experiences here at cal and have created friendships here that will last a lifetime...i will always be a golden bear"

"my most memorable moment at cal was beating undefeated then top ranked arizona at home last year"

"i can't thank our fans and donors for their tremendous passion throughout my career...without you every wonderful experience i have had at this amazing school wouldn't be as nearly as memorable"
-christian behrens

gonna really miss cal's fast & furious beast mode...#14 came to berkeley in the summer & will be leaving berkeley this summer with a degree from the #1 public university in the world & a million crazy memories

christian's dad bj is gonna be at tomorrow nite's celebration in spirit but there's no way he's gonna eat that banquet rubber chicken, that's not gonna happen

cal family#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842452954 said:

gotta love the hearts of the young boy in the blue cal shirt in the center front row & the little girl in the white shirt in the 4th row from the top center advance signaling the game winning rainbow of dreams shot...they knew dwight was not alone when he released that arc de triomphe shot into the haas airspace, that mary was right behind his shoulders guiding him (as always)

http://pac-12.com/videos/recap-cal-mens-basketball-stuns-ucla-late-3-pointer

moment of love#
let it fly#

dwight, your graduating from an ivy league school with a 3.0 gpa & becoming a starter for this season's california golden bears says a lot about your many talents as a true renaissance man, my respect for you extends far beyond basketball

and yeah, both mary & dwight sr are pretty proud of you too

"my most memorable moment at cal was being a part of the three game winning shots in a row this year...i have never experienced such a huge rush like that in my life...it was truly special to celebrate with my teammates"

"my advice for the younger guys would be to just enjoy it and don't take anything for granted...these 4 years, in my case 5, fly by, so savor every minute of this incredible opportunity"

"i want to thank the fans and donors for the amazing support this year...you have all given me a tremendous amount of pride in representing cal"

-dwight tarwater

when dwight 1st arrived in berkeley late last summer various bears staffers told me he "reported out of shape," "the body of a rsf player" & "looked like he's in his ninth month carrying" (ok, i made that last one up)...so i made fun of dt on this thread by posting pictures of the pillsbury dough boy

but dwight put in the work with coach nicodemus & transformed himself into a pac 12 player...tarwater was an outstanding role model both on & off the court and has built 50 year friendships with his teammates

mary is gonna be at the team celebration tomorrow nite looking over dwight's shoulders (as always)...to be honest with you, from the stunning panoramic view of the bay area from atop the university club at memorial stadium you can almost see heaven

season of love#
Shocky1

you got classes this morning & the team dinner tonite at the university club

taylor has asked me not to embarrazz her by saying that she thinks brenden glapion is cute or stoopid **** like that or something

no problem, sweetie

concordtom
That's a good shot of tarwater's game winner, reminiscent of cobb's shot over Oregon and AZ.
Do we have similar shots or Wallace's and Singer's game winners over defenders with the crowd experssions frozen in the background ?
The people are fun to look at.

EDIT: Here is a good one of Singer's. Panicked (and nonexistent) crowd:

First Page Last Page
Page 183 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.