cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,263,968 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Next time I come across one I'll post it and you guys will see what I'm talking about. I've heard at least two and they are very much like this one, but obvious bc some of the background sounds were used twice. You may be tricked.
concordtom
concordtom;842488477 said:

Can't wait to see what their listed heights are next year.
If KO is 7'1", Rooks must be 7'2"
How many college teams can boast that?

AND, these guys are both just sophomores next season.
If they both stay, we could have them together for 3 years! Wow!
Can you imagine them as seniors?
GMP
concordtom;842488530 said:

Next time I come across one I'll post it and you guys will see what I'm talking about. I've heard at least two and they are very much like this one, but obvious bc some of the background sounds were used twice. You may be tricked.

Luckily, Encyclopedia Brown is on the case!
Shocky1
in follow up to earlier questions, the tv cameras at haas pavillion are positioned facing towards the cal & opposing team benches as the networks expect close up shots of the players & the coaches from that angle...internal advertising branding is also contractually sold with that expsoure in mind

at this time season tix sales are "very brisk" with significant activity/energy after ivan signed with the bears which should lessen the possibility of empty chairbacks during the upcoming potential epic season at haas

season tix holders have 3 more days to guarantee purchase/lock in the location of their current seats before all seats are sold to the general public

the time is now

is haas/harmon your palace?

the magic of your palace#
Shocky1
huf stayed with his extended family in paris last week & had a favorably received meeting with a potential 1st round nba prospect that is being courted by all the powerhouse programs

most euro players turn pro after the equivalent of high school but this intriguing prospect is more academically enlightened than that...the bears are not backing down in recruiting internationally and/or competing with any of the basketball legacy schools for elite prospects, them days are over

tres bon, monsieur huf

it's fuchsia (not pink)#
NVBear78
Shocky1;842488556 said:

in follow up to earlier questions, the tv cameras at haas pavillion are positioned facing towards the cal & opposing team benches as the networks expect close up shots of the players & the coaches from that angle...internal advertising branding is also contractually sold with that expsoure in mind

at this time season tix sales are "very brisk" with significant activity/energy after ivan signed with the bears which should lessen the possibility of empty chairbacks during the upcoming potential epic season at haas

season tix holders have 3 more days to guarantee purchase/lock in the location of their current seats before all seats are sold to the general public

the time is now

is haas/harmon your palace?

the magic of your palace#

Woo Hoo, just bought more Season Tickets! It's still season ticket renewal time for a few more days and we have decided to buy additional seats for next year. Everyone in the family is excited about the incredible, positive developments in the Cal Basketball Program over the past year. Going to Cal Basketball games has been a great family experience and our adult son will be buying one of the extra seats. Nothing like putting some of your $$$ on the line to increase your commitment!

Shocky, thanks for the good report on season ticket sales and I hope everybody here is getting on board to renew, buy new or buy more season tickets.

p.s. thanks also Shocky for the report on the TV camera's. I think we all understand that camera's need to be on the opposite side from the Cal and Opposing Team benches but our concern has been the exceedingly high camera angle. Sure hope they find some way to place the camera's a little bit lower but we assume the Cal powers that be know of this issue and are doing the best they can.
tenplay
concordtom;842488530 said:

Actually I rarely bother to watch the high school highlight films. To me, all the made jumpshots, dunks and behind-the back dribbles look the same. And all the background sounds sound the same to the point of not paying any attention. I guess the level of my fandom is not as high or sophisticated as that of some of you.
LudwigsFountain
NVBear78;842488609 said:

Woo Hoo, just bought more Season Tickets! It's still season ticket renewal time for a few more days and we have decided to buy additional seats for next year. Everyone in the family is excited about the incredible, positive developments in the Cal Basketball Program over the past year. Going to Cal Basketball games has been a great family experience and our adult son will be buying one of the extra seats. Nothing like putting some of your $$$ on the line to increase your commitment!

Shocky, thanks for the good report on season ticket sales and I hope everybody here is getting on board to renew, buy new or buy more season tickets.

p.s. thanks also Shocky for the report on the TV camera's. I think we all understand that camera's need to be on the opposite side from the Cal and Opposing Team benches but our concern has been the exceedingly high camera angle. Sure hope they find some way to place the camera's a little bit lower but we assume the Cal powers that be know of this issue and are doing the best they can.

If they move me down to the chairbacks, I'll strap a Gopro to my head. Problem solved.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842482955 said:

the california golden bear love train is leaving the station, everybody all aboard...sure glad t-wall is gonna be in the front cabin navigating/leading this train to its destination...this is gonna be an epic love train for the ages, tell all your friends, don't you know it's time to get on board?

davon, tyson & ivan: welcome brothers to coach martin's love train, 1st stop is gonna be berkeley, california for the summer bridge program starting on wednesday june 24th, the 2nd stop is gonna be arriving saturday august 15th in melbourne, australia (with stops also in sydney & brisbane) with games on august 16th, 18th, 20th & 23rd and with winter stops including las vegas, nevada & laramie, wyoming & charlottesville, virgina

jaylen, come on let's join hands on the love train with your friends at the #1 public & most diverse intellectually university in the world

let's do this, this is gonna be the ride of your life

the mainstream media is finally getting on board cal's love train with the preseason national rankings predictions & virgina game details

"virginia will be host cal on 12/22/15 in charlottesville, source told@cbs sports...return game of the home and home series"
-jon rothstein
parentswerebears
Shocky1;842488627 said:

the mainstream media is finally getting on board cal's love train with the preseason national rankings predictions & virgina game details

"virginia will be host cal on 12/22/15 in charlottesville, source told@cbs sports...return game of the home and home series"
-jon rothstein

When was the home?
LOUMFSG2
parentswerebears;842488628 said:

When was the home?

per the Cal record book, doesn't look like we've ever played Virginia in men's hoops, here or otherwise . . .
Shocky1
LOUMFSG2;842488635 said:

per the Cal record book, doesn't look like we've ever played Virginia in men's hoops, here or otherwise . . .

lou, this is a return game for james madison volleyball visiting berkeley

for those of you not paying attention, this is yet another example of how girls from academically medicore schools act when they are around cal guys
Shocky1
Shocky1;842422884 said:

during labor day weekend of 2010 tony woods beat the crap out of his girlfriend in front of their 8 month old child...woods was arrested and charged with three counts of assault for kicking and pushing courney lorel barbout who suffered a fracture of her spine in the attack

against the 6'11" 250 lbs woods, courney had no chance to protect herself

wake forest did the right thing and suspended woods

so oregon's sleazeball head coach dana altman recruited woods to shore up the ducks interior defense

steve alford & dana altman are enablers of players that commit crimes of violence against women if it means they might win a few more games

dana altman is once again relying upon 6 transfers for the ducks 2013 season...2 of these transfers are srs: mike moser & jason calliste

the 2 senior transfers are not student athletes in any sense of the word...moser & calliste will arrive in the fall & then depart that spring with zero academic progress and/or achievement...they are like transients

beyond devaluing the already shaky oregon degree (which is considered a jc caliber education with its 90+% acceptance rate), those players that have worked within the basketball program for several years are recruited over & benched in favor of guys who don't even know where the library is in eugene

so who else did altman recruit for the 2013 ducks?

*elgin cook, declared ineligible during hs in milwaukee for having a gpa under 2.0
http://themilwaukeedrum.com/2011/02/13/the-tragedy-of-elgin-cook-other-mps-black-student-athletes/

*jordan bell from lbp was declared ineligible before the school yr & will not join the roster until next season

*christiano felicio from brazil was declared ineligible by the ncaa after attending a roseville "prep school" handpicked by altman that is facing allegations of academic fraud & child abuse
http://fox40.com/2013/01/10/roseville-prep-academy-coach-arrested-for-physical-abuse/

bottom line
*****a cal degree helps you move forward in life & marry the girl of your dreams
*an oregon degree helps you get hired as the night shift supervisor at the truck stop in medford & probably marrying a lot lizard

*jaquan lyle, 2.5 gpa & suspended for fighting in high school is no longer listed on the oregon basketball roster because of admissions/eligibility issues...now enrolled at the img academy in florida

*ray kosongo has been denied admission by the university's special admission board

*mike moser, jason caliste, johnathan lloyd, richard amardi & waverly austin used up their eligiblity...not clear if any of them will ever earn an oregon diploma

*ben carter, suspended along with dominic artis for selling team issued shoes/gear, transfered to unlv

*a.j. lapray transferred to pepperdine

*brandon austin, 2.6 gpa in philly, was suspended from the providence basketball team after being charged with a sexual assault of a female student...he immediately was recruited & transferred to oregon...when confronted by the media, altman claimed he checked austin's background but did not know he raped a girl while at providence...recently named in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed

*damyean dotson, suspended during the season for trying to use a fake id at a bar, considering transferring & currently not participating in team activities...recently named in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed

*dominic artis, he attended cal's last pac 12 home game at haas vs usc...i was speaking with his former hs athletic director at salesian chad nightingale (played wr for the bears) when dominic came over & said hello, it was clear to me that he wanted to speak privately with chad...recently named in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed & currently attending contra costa cc as a student while practicing (but not playing) for the bb team

*elgin cook & jalil abdul bassit were arrested by the eugene pd for shoplifting at market of choice across the street from matthew knight arena on sept 12th...dana altman has stated "we expect our student athletes to conduct themselves as solid members of this community and team...both are being internally disciplined (which means nothing as usual)"
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/10/two_oregon_ducks_basketball_pl.html

*dana altman knew that elgin cook had been cited for assault & battery, disorderly conduct and vandalism four years ago in wisconsin before he recruited him to oregon...criminal dana altman has stated "i was aware of elgin's background prior to his arrival at the university of oregon...the two years before he arrived here, elgin did very well at prep school and junior college, especially in the classroom...we would not have recruited elgin if we didn't believe he was capable of receiving a college education that he would appreciate and value"
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/10/dana_altman_was_aware_of_elgin.html

*jordan bell was cited for harassing a university of oregon police officer after receiving a parking violation ticket...life values guy dana altman suspended bell for 1 game, a home game vs washington state

this is oregon basketball#
just do it#

what up, coach dept: hypocrite dana altman is upset with players dwayne benjamin & jordan bell because they "held their hands up above their waists throughout the playing of the star spangled banner and then appeared to frisk each other as the team's starting lineup was announced...i think every player has a right to express their opinions, however i didn't think that was the time and place for it...on their own as individuals, they have that right...as part of our basketball team, when you put on the oregon jersey on, it's a little different"

to be honest with you, coach, when i see the oregon basketball jersey i usually think of non academic dumb azzs with minimal educational aspirations & criminal records playing for a coach that is more interested in winning than any life lessons

bravery award of the year goes to the female victim who is still a student at the university of oregon
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12139436/oregon-ducks-head-coach-dana-altman-sued-student-alleged-sexual-assault

larry scott's lowest point thus far in his run as the pac 12 commish is the conference award to criminal dana altman as the pac 12 coach of the year...the female rape victim student at the university of oregon's pending lawsuit which names dana altman specifically could result in the university of providence confirming that despite his lies to the contrary that altman knew brandon austin was dismissed by providence because of a violent sexual assault there

at that point dana altman will be viewed as the joe paterno of the pac 12, he will hopefully face civil & criminal consequences & the pac 12's branding that larry scott & his staff are working so hard to build up will be crushed

when mike montgomery had his cancer scare, both dana altman & his henchman assistant coach tony stubblefield negatively recruited against the bears using mike's health concerns as a reason to not go to berkeley

make no mistake about it, pac 12 coaching mvp award or not, dana altman is a piece of ****

oregon basketball update: michael chandler is the latest duck to leave eugene without a diploma with the news he is transferring

if you were dana altman, would you have recruited michael chandler?

during high school school at lawrence north in indy, chandler made verbal commitments to xavier, louisville & central florida while accumulating a 2.5 gpa

a ncca non qualifer academically chandler played at northwest florida junior college while continuing to do minimal classwork before altman sold him nba stardom dreams

michael failed classes at oregon (not even sure how you do that) & now he's gone, another altman kid on the streets with no future...but no worries, altman is still gonna get paid his $

this is oregon basketball#
HoopDreams
[video=youtube;r5TtvTu-qqA][/video]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=4]"Jalen is one of my favorite players that I've ever scouted," Scout.com national recruiting analyst Brian Snow said. "He goes 110 percent every time he steps on the basketball court. He has got great athleticism, he rebounds really well for a wing, he defends his butt off, and he has really improved as a scorer. His outside shot, while not great, you have to respect his ability to shoot. He is good going to the rim, especially going right. He needs to work on his left hand, but going right he is an absolute monster. If he can put it all together with his competitiveness and his aptitude for the game, he's someone that is going to have a great future playing basketball."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=6][COLOR="#0000CD"][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Did he say "Monster" ??!???[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[video=youtube;NNRvbkXOeCw][/video]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842485215 said:

the foundation of the cal basketball program has been solidly built by the old blues that have passionately attended cal games at harmon gym/haas pavilion for the last several decades, you are not passive tv fans, not you

i see you at haas, smiling in your impeccably attired blue & gold outfits cheering your california golden bears thru epic wins & tragic losses...yeah, you don't scream as loud or stand as much as you used to but that's ok, your fierce dedication is etched in your expressive eyes, you love your bears

and so after all the loves of your life, the 2015 season brings together elite players (the dawning of the ivan rabb era with hopefully t-wall's leadership), talented & high character coaches and improved facilities (the haas/goldman family scoreboard) working toward a potential season for the ages...the ingredients for the recipe are all there, this cake is not gonna melt in the dark

so is now perhaps the time to expand upon your season tix package, to include your children so busy with their careers/parenthood and cute grandchildren?...cal basketball is multi-generational & those few hours coming together in berkeley a couple of times next season are perhaps the fabric of your life

this is your time

today & tomorrow are the final 2 days to renew your season tix(s) & guarantee the same location as last season before tix sales are opened up to the general public

the palace#
Bobodeluxe
Shocky1;842488805 said:

today & tomorrow are the final 2 days to renew your season tix(s) & guarantee the same location as last season before tix sales are opened up to the general public

the palace#

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4572[/ATTACH]

:p
Shocky1
Shocky1;842482955 said:

the california golden bear love train is leaving the station, everybody all aboard...sure glad t-wall is gonna be in the front cabin navigating/leading this train to its destination...this is gonna be an epic love train for the ages, tell all your friends, don't you know it's time to get on board?

davon, tyson & ivan: welcome brothers to coach martin's love train, 1st stop is gonna be berkeley, california for the summer bridge program starting on wednesday june 24th, the 2nd stop is gonna be arriving saturday august 15th in melbourne, australia (with stops also in sydney & brisbane) with games on august 16th, 18th, 20th & 23rd and with winter stops including las vegas, nevada & laramie, wyoming & charlottesville, virgina

jaylen, come on let's join hands on the love train with your friends at the #1 public & most diverse intellectually university in the world

let's do this, this is gonna be the ride of your life

coach martin's noon conference call fielding questions from season tix holders:

"will play small at times...you need 4 ball handlers on the court...will go small in certain situations...king can't guard a 6'6" power forward playing center off the dribble and out on the perimeter"

"jordan mathews is one of our hardest workers...probably the best 3 point shooter in the league...he should be a 95% free throw shooter...the last part of the offense game is to shoot the ball off the chase, the next phase of his development"

"kameron rooks has soft hands and can finish around the rim...good at carving space down low...has the hunger to be great"

"david kravish tough, tough situation not having another big that could consistently prevent double teams...did not complain, maybe i could've done a better job of putting him in a better position to be successful"

"we want to pressure the ball full court...will play 90% man...put pressure on the paint guard make other ball handlers make play...impose our will defensively...need to get better man one on one defense...will become more aggressive with more personnel, fresh bodies, fresh legs"

"wyking jones, father figure..our goal is to try to make men"

"so much to do in the bay area, fun to go to concerts, ride bikes...even if i wasn't coaching i would want to live here"

"great opportunity to add 1-2 more players...looking for the right fit...stay away from stockpiling...trying to avoid transfers"

"facilities, locker room renovations and haas scoreboard...much improvement"

"the key with local players is to make sure they understand expectations...to be honest at possible...can't afford to miss...spend a lot of time to make sure it's the right fit"

"we sell the #1 ranked public institution in the world"

"players like being together, to go to events together...go to games, live together...kinda like a fraternity"

"tyrone wants the pressure, wants the ball at the end of the game...tweak his free throw shot this summer...one of the 3 guys in all of college basketball to score 15 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists per game...point guard is the toughtest position to learn on the fly"

""king needs to improve his lateral quickness...very good shot blocker"

"i like tyson jolly i like a lot...he competes, he battles...tremendous future here at cal...physical defender and a passion to be great...love talking to him a burning desire to be great...one of the few guys in my 17 years that reminds me of myself in college"

"ivan rabb made everyone in america know that cal is a destination"

"tyrone wallace showed the nba that he can score the ball...he would have been drafted...best case scenario is that he moves up in the draft and also earn a cal degree...we wanted him to make the right decision based upon his criteria"

"stephen domingo was the most impressive defender all year in practices...has the desire to defend...very intelligent...needs to develop his mid range game"

"free students in an athletic department decision...whatever it takes to get our students on time and in the seats"

"open practices are a distraction in my experience...we don't want our guys to lose their focus, they need to be locked in during practice"

"we need to pack the house, if there are only 6000 fans in the building, young guys want to see a packed house and great resources and facilities...the best way to sell the program is for them to see every seat filled"

please read coach martin's last comment multiple times & then pick up the phone & call 1-800-go bears and get your season tix(s)...it's only a $100 despoit for new season tix(s) holder to guarantee the best available seat(s)...watching games on tv & then pontificating on message boards isn't helping the program at all...don't be a candy azz soft passive tv fan, let's get aboard the cal's love train

let's do this#
Shocky1
Jeff82;842488194 said:

Shocky, time for a donation to the Cal band. But only if they learn to play Love Train and play it during the first time out of every home game in honor of Coach Martin.

jeff, the suggestion has been made multiple times to the cal gameday conductors that they should have a tip jar like the piano bar lounge singer at the polo lounge at the beverly hills hotel

the shockster would've been spotting them jacksons every time they played midnight city by m83...kinda wish they'd learn to play more than 60 seconds of the song tho...i dunno, maybe they only get a fiver then

****, i'd go to haas just for the music, cal band is great

the economics of music#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842488096 said:

the cal family came together at the university club high atop memorial stadium for the season celebration & awards on a spectacular bay area evening

in speaking with the coaches & players both taylor & i were both impressed by how sincere & humble yet passionately driven are our california golden bears

*****t-wall named the team mvp
*****david kravish named the team defensive mvp (career leader in blocked shots at cal)
*****nick hamilton awarded the pete newell trophy
*****stephen domingo (told coach webster he's gonna be the team defensive mvp next season) & cole welle won coach nico's s&c mvp awards

fallon smith, christopher's funny & charming wife, told me that i'm "an enabler" of taylor's overpriced fashionista wardrobe & coached up taylor re: savvy bargain shopping...she is 100% correct, i'm gonna work on that this offseason

meanwhile, everybody is totally on board coach martin's love train
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4566[/ATTACH]
cllick for larger image (my parisian shirt is fuchsia, not pink)

for the foodies out there, it should be mentioned that the university club served a tasty assortment of japanese & chinese dishes including miso soup, gyoza, vegetarian chow mein salad, chicken yakitori & an assortment of sushis

way better than the dog food they served last time i crashed during a football game

dom arigato
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]3 Cal Bears at the California State Capital[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842479808 said:

did you know that despite earning millions in the nba that bobby hurley squandered his life's savings & lost his family's horse estate because of financial mismanagement/non performing investments related to the ponies

i dunno maybe bobby can mentor his sun devils re: the fastest mudder in the 3rd race at belmont, the best books in jersey, the tightest slots in vegas & **** like that...when he tells his guys we're off to the races, he means it

don't be a dumb azz#

during bobby's 1st week on the job in tempe he met with an influential donor group of sun angels & promised them he wouldn't build the program with disgruntled transfers & junior college dudes with criminal records like herbie...hurley promised them he would make asu the duke of the west with guys that excel in the classroom

but then reality got in the way

bobby has already chased off 3 student athletes:
**chance murray
**connor macdougal
**sai tummala

hurley has talked his buffalo point guard to transfer to asu & signed a junior college big obinna oleka who was suspended at central florida college for "violation of team rules"

bobby is also making a run at 5 star thon maker who intends to arrive at his selected college in january & then leave in march...maker isn't even a one & done, he's more like on the 10 week plan

gotta check with my current 1st wife (a sun devil) to see if you can even graduate from asu in 10 weeks, who knows

one thing is known, bobby is no coach k, but he's gonna get his way with his starting 5, that's a fix for sure

no wonder asu is the #1 ranked college in the world for producing the most strippers
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842489221 said:

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]3 Cal Bears at the California State Capital[/COLOR][/SIZE]

asha rockin' the cal blue dress & casual summertime open toed sandals

sure hope ivan finishes in the paint better than this dishelved disaster...hopefully wyking is gonna coach up young ivee

mayor kj's shirt is sadly a weak pink, not fuschia...the sweater is also not on point, the mr rodgers look is kinda scary azz...gotta do consistently better (see below foto) if he wants to be the next governator of california

shut up, shocky#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=4][COLOR="#0000CD"]Jaylen Brown[/COLOR] down to 4 teams

Michigan, Kentucky, [COLOR="#0000CD"]Cal[/COLOR] and UNC

My official prediction is that he does NOT go to UNC[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842479241 said:

the bears staff has a very narrow window of opportunity with respects to graduate transfers

unlike academically mediocre schools like arizona & oregon (with their 95%+ undergraduate acceptance rates) that will accept virtually any basketball playing graduate from any college in their pursuit of winning more basketball games, the graduate programs at the #1 ranked public university in the world only offer admission to those students that have truly distinguished themselves in the classroom...cal's graduate degree programs are flooded with applications from ambitious students from around the world with outstanding academic achievement/transcripts, these programs are selectively seeking the very best of the best students

therefore it's gonna be a very unique basketball student athlete that will be accepted into one of the graduate programs in berkeley...lengthy lists of potential graduate transfers are kinda myopic re: the probability of admission

case in point, a starter at an academically well regarded acc school with a 2.92 gpa (which is pretty good considering the hours that are invested in playing high level d1 basketball) that reached out this year to the staff re: potentially coming to cal could not gain admission into the targeted grad school...this would not be a problem at arizona or oregon, it's no big deal getting accepted into their grad schools & it's also no big deal if the player drops out of school (which has been the case in eugene) the day after their final game, such schools lack academic accountability & creditability

it should also be mentioned that schools like arizona & oregon offer 1 year grad programs, cal's programs are 2 years which requires a different level of academic commitment

dwight tarwater's excelling in the classroom this year & commitment to return for the next academic year to finish his graduate degree is gonna allow the bears staff to potentially make an actionable offer to another graduate transfer...trust me, 99% of the basketball pool of graduate transfers last year did not have a 3.00 gpa in earning an ivy league degree like dwight, he's a one in a million person for a lot of different reasons

shonn miller, a 2 time 1st team all leaguer at cornell with 3.4 gpa at the rigorous st ignatius high school in cleveland is one of those very few student athletes that fits cal's narrow window of opportunity

something is seriously lost in translation for those that want cal to accept dumb azz basketball players that solely wanna play basketball on the basketball court with a basketball...at the #1 public university in the world there must be academic integrity, more than this there is nothing

update:

cornell's shonn miller is unlikely to be accepted at the cal grad school of his choice, he is no longer considered a viable transfer candidate

the staff is still interested in potentially offering usf's mark tollefsen, a 6'9" 200 lbs forward from san ramon valley high school...the bay area native redshirted his freshman year for the dons & averaged 14 ppg & 5.4 rpg last season

tollefsen is considered an arizona lean & may make an official visit to tucson this weekend...sean miller is only gonna take 1 graduate transfer (he does not want to expend potential development time for younger players on more than 1 graduate senior) & his #1 target is drexel's damion lee...lee is looking seriously at the wildcats & louisville with hometown maryland, gonzaga & marquette also in the running for the impact player

coach lindsay gottlieb & her hardworking staff have been targeting former mcdonalds all american harvard's temi fagbenle, a skilled 6'4" 3 time all ivy leaguer...temi is a native of london & attended the blair academy in new jersey and is an outstanding high character student athlete...guess what, fagbenle's gpa/metrics are not gonna get her accepted into the cal grad school of her choice

i get it, lengthy lists of potential grad transfers are fun but in reality almost all of the players on such lists are not gonna get accepted into the grad schools of the #1 public university in the world

gpas matter#

shonn miller (coach martin visited with him in person) to uconn & mark tollefsen (quick unofficial visit to cal) to arizona

the ncca is concerned about the rapidly increasing # of transfers in d1 basketball & is exploring the introduction of legislation that would require graduate transfers to redshirt a year before playing their final season

a surprising supporter of this legislation is coach cal who is pointing out that since most graduate programs are 2 years it only makes sense that transfers sit out their 1st year
Shocky1
ike anigbogu of corona centennial commits to ucla

when a player commits to the hometown school this early (like oscar frayer) without any official visits, it's usually a family decision to stay home for college

anigbogu had an actionable offer from the cal staff

if ucla tanks next season next season & alford is fired, this recruitment could reopen down the road...in fairness to the rapist enabler from iowa/indiana, ucla fans/donors expectations are unrealistic in terms of success on the basketball court
Shocky1
reminder notice: today is the last day to renew your season tix(s) with the guarantee of the same seats as last season before all seats are sold to the general public

call 1-800 go bears

let's do this

together we attack#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842488103 said:

it's always fun & inspiring to speak with coach christopher...coach martin said that certain recruits are very aware of nico's reputation & even requesting conference calls with the "best strength and nutrition coach in the nation"

nicodemus told me that kameron's hard work in coring out/building strength has resulted in (k)rooks now weighing 268 with a targeted optimal weight of 265

christopher also told me that the king's current weight is 251 with a targeted optimal weight of 255

cal basketball practices are gonna reach new heights in terms of fierce competition...gotta love coach's energy, it's contagious

high velocity#

nicodemus told me that kam can now fluidly dunk the ball (he could not do that when he 1st arrived in berkeley)

k(rooks) vertical jump has not been measured yet this offseason but christopher expects improvement in that area

coach martin has made it very clear that kam & the king banging each other each day in practice is gonna make each better, very few program in the nation have 2 7'1" guys with talent grinding daily with coach wyking jones in there actually demonstrating stuff on the floor

cal basketball coaches are not passive or candy azz soft (like bears tv fans), they are living in the moment at haas

is haas your palace?...are you gonna roar at haas next season?...are you gonna elevate your game?

let's do this
petalumabear
Shocky1;842489519 said:

nicodemus told me that kam can now fluidly dunk the ball (he could not do that when he 1st arrived in berkeley)

k(rooks) vertical jump has not been measured yet this offseason but christopher expects improvement in that area

coach martin has made it very clear that kam & the king banging each other each day in practice is gonna make each better, very few program in the nation have 2 7'1" guys with talent grinding daily with coach wyking jones in there actually demonstrating stuff on the floor

cal basketball coaches are not passive or candy azz soft (like bears tv fans), they are living in the moment at haas

is haas your palace?...are you gonna roar at haas next season?...are you gonna elevate your game?

let's do this

Great post Shocky.... I've been posting for some time that the two biggest beneficiaries on the team would be Kam and Okoroh simply because they'll get to practice against each other. That was derailed for this past season but the game is back on.... and come late June, they'll have a very skilled big out stretching them in other ways when Ivan arrives.... things are looking very, very good in Berkeley..
Shocky1
calumnus;842488455 said:

Did his credits from Minnesota not transfer? After 5 years of college, all while making sufficient academic progress to stay eligible, if he does not have a degree he must be very, very close.

a couple of factors contributed to justin cobbs not graduating from cal last may:
1) cal seldom accepts all the transfer credits from other universities
2) both jc & solo made the myopic decisions to withdraw from cal right after the smu nit game in dallas instead of finishing up the spring semesters which would've put both very close to graduating in order to prepare for the nba individual workouts & nba combines...as it turned out, neither guy is making nba coin with cobbs playing in germany & solomon in the nba development (long bus rides) league
3) while the prior staff under mike's leadership recruited a signficantly higher academic calibre of student athlete (the monster class is case in point) than the ben braun era, the basketball program did not have the systems in place that coach martin has implemented to ensure monitoring of progression towards a cal degree...jc often took light course loads in terms of credits & did not maximinze his summer school opportunities...my man travis decuire was not only responsible for the academic achievement of all the current players but also was the program's top recruiter too, that's too much of a role for even a truly special person like td

coach martin has his trusted east st louis childhood friend marco harris, director of basketball operations, closely monitoring the academic progress of all the bears...harris told me that they are working towards the goal of student athletes graduating in ideally 3 & a half years so that guys can earn their degrees and take a light load during their final spring semester in preparing for their nba opportunities...gotta love marco's message to our student athletes: "men take care of their business"

in addition to the outstanding academic support provided by tutors, the basketball program also for the 1st time brings a basketball academic specialist jennifer hunter (she's got a law degree & is way better looking than coach webster) on road trips to ensure that the academic mission of the #1 ranked public university in the world is fulfilled

in my book, jc & solo hopefully earning their cal degrees is as important as beating arizona at mckale and whiping that donut eating smirk off sean miller's face after he intentionally tried to roll up the score by leaving his starters in with only a couple of minutes to go in search of a 50+ ruination of the bears this season (that **** is not gonna happen next go around, trust me on that)

justin is gonna have a lot to laugh & celebrate about the day he earns his cal degree
stu

Nice family photo! A different vibe than one gets from U of Oregon photos taken in a courtroom.
Shocky1
stu, the university of oregon athletic department actually funds an in house legal defense staff to ensure their basketball criminal athletes receive the very best protection from the law

just do it#
HoopDreams
Jaylen?

Shocky1
there is a new elite college basketball program in the united states of america

the university of california, berkeley=#1 public university in the world

cal family#
First Page Last Page
Page 185 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.