cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,264,396 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

aaron, is psylocke the girl of your dreams?

cal is a dream school#
Big C
Shocky1;842512168 said:

kim k & i got the same taste in hotels, no wonder she gonna dump that sorry azz kayne for me, she wanna go to them cal basketball games & root for them diamonds

Kim Kardashian: Yuk. The whole package there is NOT attractive (imo).
Shocky1
Big C_Cal;842512203 said:

Kim Kardashian: Yuk. The whole package there is NOT attractive (imo).

agreed, kim k needs to be done with kayne

the time is now#
Shocky1
what's the shockster's definition of a successful 2015/2016 season for them california golden bears?

if our hard working & high character walk ons play in more than half of our games at the 5:00 minute mark left in the game

*****brenden glapion, coach martin had better get his azz in the game or face the wrath of taylor, the prez of his fan club
*****cole "surfer dude" welle, nobody has worked harder to build up their body for pac 12 pounding
*****nick "at nite" hamilton, somebody gotta get him some coupons to great clips
*****xavier valdes, the quiet one is way smarter than the average bear
*****nick "downtown shooter" kerr, dude is arguably a better athlete than maddy

everlasting love#
Shocky1
what's the saddest show on earth?

watching in person (tv fans don't got a clue re: what i'm talkin' about) them bears walk ons on the bench (their faces full of indescribable hope) during the final 5 minutes of blow outs watching coach martin's every movement to see if he's gonna call their name & let them out of jail to also share in the magic of haas pavilion & the passionate energy of cal basketball

when this doesn't happen, the walks on try to act like it's no big deal but if you observe them closely it's clearly the heartbreaking saddest show on earth

coach martin, i know your busy with strategies & **** like that during games so no worries, i'm gonna personally make sure you know this season when it's time to get those scrappy walk ons into the game, ok?

no wonder roberta is always telling you what an insensitive dumb azz you are on the car drive home after the blow outs

the sideshow#
south bender
Shocky, your instructing Cuonzo on when to put in the walk ons is just wonderful, exactly what he needs. Especially if you do it loudly and in public!

Go Bears!
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Coaches said [COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan Rabb and Jaylen Brown[/COLOR] first started talking about possibly playing together at the monster high school matchup of Bishop O'Dowd v Wheeler[/SIZE]

Shocky1
south bender;842512289 said:

Shocky, your instructing Cuonzo on when to put in the walk ons is just wonderful, exactly what he needs. Especially if you do it loudly and in public!

Go Bears!

this is how coach martin & his staff along with the starters travel to road games

this is how my boyz the walk ons travel to road games

let's be real here, cole is doing the best he can to valiantly push the front of the van but anybody else ever notice the walk ons are always late to the road games?

coach, do you even realize that walk ons are fellow human beings?...where is your compassion for them?...why don't you got no hair on your head?

the unified berkeley crowd chants of "we want the walks on" will be deafeningly loud at haas pavilion next season

this is our mission

let's do this#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Alex Morgan[/COLOR] helped [COLOR="#0000CD"]Team USA[/COLOR] take the 2015 World Cup championship in a dominating performance vs Japan (who beat USA in the last World Cup finals)[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842466285 said:

there's around 2 minutes left in the washington state game at the mgm grand & the president of the brenden glapion fan club is nudging me & asking me why her favorite player isn't in the game

so i start screaming from our seats (thx ash & jj) directly behind the cal bench "coach, let's get the walk ons into the game, they work their azzs off all season, let's go"

and then coach martin yells "brenden" & our fearless hero jumps to his feet & runs to the scorer's table

taylor can't believe it, this **** is getting live

and then the cougars defender fouls glapion, all of his teammates rise to their feet & start clapping, he's gonna get 2 free throws

so brenden toes the line, bounces the ball & releases his smooth left handed stroke into the las vegas airspace...the ball rotates perfectly for seemingly forever & then drops thru the bottom of the net...the bears crew are totally fired up & pumping their fists...brandon chauca, a great teammate, comes up from behind the 3 point line & messes with brenden's crewcut

taylor & i are going ballistic...i'm screaming at the top of my lungs, "great shot, brenden, way to go baby...washington high school shooter, let's do this baby, let it fly, let's do this"

brenden bounces the ball, inhales a deep breath & focuses in on his 2nd free throw...he deftly strokes the 2nd free throw & it also drops perfectly thru the basket...brenden glapion has got 2 points in the pac 12 tnt, he's in the history books & now the staff is also smiling broadly and telling the guys to get back on d

i'm still roaring like a golden bear saying lots of stupid **** & high fiving dr danger & his son along with everyone else in our vicinity...taylor & i hug and i almost see a mist of bay area fog in her beautiful green eyes, my daughter is alive & happy sharing a very special moment with her dad
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4412[/ATTACH]
(click for larger image of taylor cheesin it at our golf club in flagstaff)

the stars & the universe are all perfectly aligned at this point in time

as the cal players leave the court, i'm stilling relentlessly clapping & yelling at the tv sideline reporter "interview glapion, interview glapion, talk to the big guy, come on let's roll"...the players are looking at me smiling & i dunno maybe shaking their heads a little bit too because i'm such a dumb azz, we've all experienced & shared something bigger than the game of basketball

did i mention that taylor's dream school is the university of san francisco (she's gotta raise her gpa if that's gonna happen otherwise she's gonna be at her mom's school, asu) & that brenden grew up in san francisco?

brenden glapion=cable car baller

the magic of cal basketball#

important cal basketball annoucement: just got off an emergency conference call with chancellor nicky d & his crew including m williams & it's been decided that $2 of every cal season tix package purchase will be set aside for the newly established save the walk ons fund

these fund will be set aside for billboards reminding our coaches of the importance of playing walks on & also buying necessary products for their survival like toothpaste & **** like that

please open your hearts (and your checkbooks) to support this berkeley movement
Shocky1

remember the walk ons#
OdontoBear66
Shocky1;842512168 said:

kim k & i got the same taste in hotels, no wonder she gonna dump that sorry azz kayne for me, she wanna go to them cal basketball games & root for them diamonds

Kim K = Rag
Shocky1
OdontoBear66;842512449 said:

Kim K = Rag

odonto, did you know kim k is cal's #1 ranked recruit on the staff's big board?

but yeah i'm kinda concerned about her gpa/test scores & coach nicodemus wants her to core out like kameron

don't be a dumb azz#
Shocky1
the 2015/2016 golden bears basketball team has the potential to be the greatest football/basketball (with all due respect to the old timers that experienced pete newell's national championship season) cal team of our lifetimes

cal's diamonds are forever class (2015) is gonna create off the charts excitement at haas pavilion starting friday nite november 13th, an evening for the ages

are you gonna get season tix(s) at our palace haas pavilion for this potentially epic season?

2014/2015 pac 12 average game attendance was as follows:
1) arizona-14,591
2) utah-12,101
3) colorado-9.135
4) california-8,099 (54th in nation)
5) ucla-7,711
6) oregon-6,209
7) arizona state-5,985
8) washington-6,398
9) oregon state-5,612
10) stanford-4,439
11) southern california-3,552
12) washington state-3,190
http://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/images/2015/07/06/mens-attendence.pdf

what needs to happen at haas pavilion this season in order for the team to maximize their almost unlimited potential?

the cal basketball team needs your passionate energy & full support in buying season tix(s) to push this season's average gameday attendance at haas pavilion over 10,000 in order to create the necessary hostile home court advantage for them california golden bears...being a passive tv fan does absolutely nothing for the team

right now the bears already got very strong renewal numbers & 1,000+ deposits for additional new season tix(s) seats

you can call 1-800 gobears this week to make a deposit on season tix(s) which will give you seating preference for seat selections when the current $10,000,000+ renovations (thanks to the haas/goldman family) at haas pavilion are hopefully completed this august...there are a variety of season tix packages to fit every budget & busy schedule

experience the magic of cal basketball with your family & friends in person, feel the enthusiasm & become part of the roar at haas
[video=youtube;N7QqouIxulM][/video]

let's do this

this is cal basketball, are you gonna be part of it?

together we attack#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]for the love of the game[/SIZE]

south bender
V
Shocky1;842512474 said:

the 2015/2016 golden bears basketball team has the potential to be the greatest football/basketball (with all due respect to the old timers that experienced pete newell's national championship season) cal team of our lifetimes

cal's diamonds are forever class (2015) is gonna create off the charts excitement at haas pavilion starting friday nite november 13th, an evening for the ages

are you gonna get season tix(s) at our palace haas pavilion for this potentially epic season?

2014 pac 12 average game attendance was as follows:
1) arizona-14,375
2) utah-10,311
3) colorado-9.635
4) ucla-8,136
5) oregon-7,783
6) california-7,754
7) arizona state-6,687
8) washington-6.852
9) stanford-5,111
10) southern california-4,370
11) oregon state-3,946
12) washington state-2,800

what needs to happen at haas pavilion this season in order for the team to maximize their almost unlimited potential?

the cal basketball team needs your passionate energy & full support in buying season tix(s) to push this season's average gameday attendance at haas pavilion over 10,000 in order to create the necessary hostile home court advantage for them california golden bears...being a passive tv fan does absolutely nothing for the team

right now the bears already got very strong renewal numbers & 1,000+ deposits for additional new season tix(s) seats

you can call 1-800 gobears this week to make a deposit on season tix(s) which will give you seating preference for seat selections when the current $10,000,000+ renovations (thanks to the haas/goldman family) at haas pavilion are hopefully completed this august...there are a variety of season tix packages to fit every budget & busy schedule

experience the magic of cal basketball with your family & friends in person, feel the enthusiasm & become part of the roar at haas
[video=youtube;N7QqouIxulM][/video]

let's do this

this is cal basketball, are you gonna be part of it?

together we attack#

Shocky, I am not questioning your message here and elsewhere, exhorting fans to more attendance. However, since you have indicated many times you are also addressing recruits, I don't understand why you write down to your readers, with your "gonnas" and "them Bears," for a couple of examples. Certainly any potential Bear knows better than to write as you do.
Shocky1
south bender;842512484 said:

V

Shocky, I am not questioning your message here and elsewhere, exhorting fans to more attendance. However, since you have indicated many times you are also addressing recruits, I don't understand why you write down to your readers, with your "gonnas" and "them Bears," for a couple of examples. Certainly any potential Bear knows better than to write as you do.

south bender
Shocky1;842512498 said:

An irrelevant reply.
parentswerebears
south bender;842512501 said:

An irrelevant reply.

Sorry if I'm butting in here, but almost all that goes on on this site is irrelevant.
petalumabear
parentswerebears;842512510 said:

Sorry if I'm butting in here, but almost all that goes on on this site is irrelevant.

I agree... and its time for you to stop posting sensible things here.... :p
south bender
parentswerebears;842512510 said:

I love it!
Vineyardview
Shocky1;842512498 said:

This quote represents the definition of Shocky's arrogance and feelings of self importance.

At what point will this site's moderators determine that this thread is past its sale thru date?

It seems to me that the content Shocky has been proliferating in this thread is consistently repetitive, embarrassingly self aggrandizing, very juvenile and glorifying voyeurism. Why is the Bear Insider's, a University of California, fan site, providing a platform for this type of content?

What will be the tipping point or catalyst which finally motivates the moderators to close this thread?

It is time for the Bear Insider administration to close this thread and encourage their contributors and readers to find new original ways to participate in the community.
petalumabear
Vineyardview;842512553 said:

This quote represents the definition of Shocky's arrogance and feelings of self importance.

At what point will this site's moderators determine that this thread is past its sale thru date?

It seems to me that the content Shocky has been proliferating in this thread is consistently repetitive, embarrassingly self aggrandizing, very juvenile and glorifying voyeurism. Why is the Bear Insider's, a University of California, fan site, providing a platform for this type of content?

What will be the tipping point or catalyst which finally motivates the moderators to close this thread?

It is time for the Bear Insider administration to close this thread and encourage their contributors and readers to find new original ways to participate in the community.

The bigger question is "why do you even bother to look if you are bothered?" There is only one person to blame in this situation and its those who can't leave it alone. I disagree with him on many issues but don't ask someone else to fix it for me. I maintain a dialogue with him - off the boards - and find that is more productive than trying to get someone else to help fight my fights. But please do carryon. You aren't going to get much sympathy IMO.
south bender
petalumabear;842512558 said:

The bigger question is "why do you even bother to look if you are bothered?" There is only one person to blame in this situation and its those who can't leave it alone. I disagree with him on many issues but don't ask someone else to fix it for me. I maintain a dialogue with him - off the boards - and find that is more productive than trying to get someone else to help fight my fights. But please do carryon. You aren't going to get much sympathy IMO.

Speaking, obviously, for myself, I find Shocky's thread to have relevance and interesting information in some of the postings that others do on his thread and in a small, small fraction of what Shocky himself writes. That is why I read this thread.

Vineyardview well sums up most of Shocky's postings in his third sentence, to which I say bravo, well put!

I tend, however, not to see censorship as the answer.

Perhaps Shocky will some day see the truth in Vineyardveiw's summary that I laud.
Vineyardview
petalumabear;842512558 said:

PB Thanks for the reply
1. [U]"why do you even bother to look if you are bothered?" [/U] I have posted to the thread on several occasions yet believe it is time for Shocky to call it a day with this thread.
2. [U]"don't ask someone else to fix it for me"[/U] I have asked anyone to do anything, rather just posted my opinion regarding the content and inquired as to whether the moderators and/or contributors feel it should continue.
3. [U]"help fight my fights." [/U] It's not a fight, not even a campaign. Like you, I've had several friendly chats with Shocky It is evident he is committed to Cal. He feels justified and pleased with the role he has assumed. Nonetheless the thread seems to me to be "repetitive, embarrassingly self aggrandizing, very juvenile and glorifies voyeurism."
Wookids
Vineyardview;842512572 said:

PB Thanks for the reply
1. [U]"why do you even bother to look if you are bothered?" [/U] I have posted to the thread on several occasions yet believe it is time for Shocky to call it a day with this thread.
2. [U]"don't ask someone else to fix it for me"[/U] I have asked anyone to do anything, rather just posted my opinion regarding the content and inquired as to whether the moderators and/or contributors feel it should continue.
3. [U]"help fight my fights." [/U] It's not a fight, not even a campaign. Like you, I've had several friendly chats with Shocky It is evident he is committed to Cal. He feels justified and pleased with the role he has assumed. Nonetheless the thread seems to me to be "repetitive, embarrassingly self aggrandizing, very juvenile and glorifies voyeurism."

You "believe it is time for Shocky to call it a day with this thread". That's Shocky's call, but if you believe that to be so, then why in the heck are you still clicking on and posting to this thread? And for what specific reason should the moderators step in to lock this thread and any other thread that meets that criteria?
Vineyardview
south bender;842512564 said:

Speaking, obviously, for myself, I find Shocky's thread to have relevance and interesting information in some of the postings that others do on his thread and in a small, small fraction of what Shocky himself writes. That is why I read this thread.

Vineyardview well sums up most of Shocky's postings in his third sentence, to which I say bravo, well put!

I tend, however, not to see censorship as the answer.

Perhaps Shocky will some day see the truth in Vineyardveiw's summary that I laud.

South Bender Thanks for your reasoned comment. It seems odd to me that the site administration tolerate the generally juvenile and frequently offensive content that the thread contains while pursuing an aggressive strategy of blackballing posters who issue opinions or comments that are potentially embarrassing to the moderators & site administration or are inconsistent with a rosy pro Cal and Cal coaches view. It is my hope that the administration will avoid inconsistency in their interpretation of what they deem appropriate and inappropriate.

I am not negatively judging the moderators or administration actions or their right to manage the site. To the contrary I believe it is appropriate and necessary that they periodically ban individuals and terminate threads that offend. It is the managements responsibility to establish and manage the site so as to adhere to established standards of decorum and acceptable content.

I don't see that activity as censorship I view it as their right and responsibility.
Wookids
Vineyardview;842512655 said:

site administration pursuing an aggressive strategy of blackballing posters who issue opinions or comments that are potentially embarrassing to the moderators & site administration or are inconsistent with a rosy pro Cal and Cal coaches view.

Is that what you know this site moderators do? Cause it sounds to me as the "mantra" from TOS. Where I've not seen a one of them ever admit to having done anything to even deserve consideration to being banned. They just repeat over and over and over and over and way too many over's again pretty much exactly your quote above, that it's all this site's moderators fault they were banned.
gobears725
Vineyardview;842512655 said:

South Bender Thanks for your reasoned comment. It seems odd to me that the site administration tolerate the generally juvenile and frequently offensive content that the thread contains while pursuing an aggressive strategy of blackballing posters who issue opinions or comments that are potentially embarrassing to the moderators & site administration or are inconsistent with a rosy pro Cal and Cal coaches view. It is my hope that the administration will avoid inconsistency in their interpretation of what they deem appropriate and inappropriate.

I am not negatively judging the moderators or administration actions or their right to manage the site. To the contrary I believe it is appropriate and necessary that they periodically ban individuals and terminate threads that offend. It is the managements responsibility to establish and manage the site so as to adhere to established standards of decorum and acceptable content.

I don't see that activity as censorship I view it as their right and responsibility.

shaggybevo and a lot of other fans sites are way worse than here though. of course the cal athletic department should focus on winning more games and appeasing the fanbase rather than asking moderators on sites to crack down on negative views. winning is the cure to all of the problems, even on message boards
BearlyCareAnymore
Vineyardview;842512553 said:

If you think about it, Vineyard, Shocky is unlikely to reduce the number of posts he makes. Closing the thread will merely result in him starting more threads rather than posting mostly on this one. To those that are not Shocky fans, it is probably best to keep this thread alive.
Vineyardview
Wookids;842512688 said:

Is that what you know this site moderators do? Cause it sounds to me as the "mantra" from TOS. Where I've not seen a one of them ever admit to having done anything to even deserve consideration to being banned. They just repeat over and over and over and over and way too many over's again pretty much exactly your quote above, that it's all this site's moderators fault they were banned.

Woo, Perhaps you didn't read this sentence, "I believe it is appropriate and necessary that they periodically ban individuals and terminate threads that offend. It is the managements responsibility to establish and manage the site so as to adhere to established standards of decorum and acceptable content."
gobears725
Vineyardview;842512700 said:

Woo, Perhaps you didn't read this sentence, "I believe it is appropriate and necessary that they periodically ban individuals and terminate threads that offend. It is the managements responsibility to establish and manage the site so as to adhere to established standards of decorum and acceptable content."

i really doubt anyone bans shocky. if anything im glad that him as a big donor makes himself pretty much easily accessible so that ideas can be shared. i dont agree with his methods, but i think the dialogue between him and a lot of others in the fanbase is healthy.
prospeCt

[video=youtube;rilePPXbaNA][/video]
Wookids
Vineyardview;842512700 said:

I read that, and that's exactly what every site does. But I'm asking specifically about your comment regarding this site's practice of aggressively banning posters that don't agree with it's administrators. Also, I don't believe Shocky has done anything that any sports site would terminate his thread for, so I'm specifically asking why you think they should do so. You did mention some things you didn't like about this thread, but do you really want site administrators constantly evaluating length of thread, value of content, how well spoken, how much one is boasting about himself versus supporting Cal sports, and whatever else, to terminate non offensive threads. To me that's crazy.
Vineyardview
OaktownBear;842512695 said:

If you think about it, Vineyard, Shocky is unlikely to reduce the number of posts he makes. Closing the thread will merely result in him starting more threads rather than posting mostly on this one. To those that are not Shocky fans, it is probably best to keep this thread alive.

I believe that ending the monster thread would provide Shocky with the motivation and opportunity to present his perspectives and fervent Cal support in a new interesting manner. Interesting enough Shocky has repeatedly indicated that he was not going to continue to maintain the thread much longer. I hope he decides to accelerate that decision.

After one gets behind the Wizard's Curtin Shocky is obviously an intelligent and successful person with many perceptive opinions . It occurs to me that this situation is analogous to an author who traditionally signs a 3 book series deal deciding to change course and produce a non fiction series next.

I am sure that Shocky could be relied upon to start many new and insightful topics for us all to consider and respond. That is a good thing.
First Page Last Page
Page 205 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.