cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,231,869 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842494746 said:

cal basketball is truly multi generational...my mom & dad (both cal grads) took my sister & i to games at the palace back in the day and these days my teenage daughter taylor loves watching them bears (mostly brenden glapion) at haas

nothing more fun than lunch/breakfast at the ol' yeller cafe, then cheering for them bears & then dinner with the extended la familia in the city by the bay

:cheer

my niece bailey doing a selfie with klay thompson...she & her dad called me minutes after young ivee made his epic commitment at the ol' yeller cafe, don't think we really talked much, much more just a bunch of incoherent screaming & wild speculation about a future national championship in berkeley

gameday#

cal basketball might be the perfect family activity that can include 3 generations...where else can the kids & the grandparents all do the hang together for 2 hours?

is it your time to call 1-800 gobears & expand your current season tix(s) package?

nobody is ever gonna be too old or too young for the magic of cal basketball
Vandalus
Shocky - I'm in btw, made my deposit the other day.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842488444 said:

august 13th-depart san francisco, ivan hugs tami goodbye
august 14th-cross international dateline, roger shows everybody his well stamped up passport
august 15th-arrive melbourne, tour melbourne & meet shelias, roman buys a "i luv melbroune" t-shirt for moms, brenden takes a selfie with the hot female lifeguard at the pool
august 16th-game #1
august 17th-tour old melbourne gaol, brandon tells t-wall that joeys got hops, jaylen misses the morning tour while oversleeping in his hotel "really comfortable bed"
august 18th-game #2
august 19th-depart for sydney, look for jordan's lost luggage, jabari gets lost in the hotel elevators, nick trades his signed warriors t-shirt to an aussie for her signed bikini top
august 20th-game #3
august 21st-tour sydney, bail (k)rooks & the king out of jail, brandon shows everyone his new tat of a kangaroo
august 22nd-depart for brisbane, drive to gold coast, stephen sings showtunes on bus, cole & nick threaten to walk the rest of the way & sammy has to be the peace maker (again)
august 23rd-game #4
august 24th-arrive in san francisco, huf visits with the parents of a key bears target in san mateo, a 3rd grader with a solid mid range game & straight a's in school

down under#

cal opponents:

*****victoria select
*****frankston blues
*****australian institute of sports (ais)
*****illawarra hawks
Shocky1
the bears staff has offered explosive point guard charlie moore, a 5'9" 165 lbs dynamo from chicago public league powerhouse morgan park high school
[IMG]?o=eyJ3aWR0aCI6MCwiaGVpZ2h0IjowLCJ4IjowLjU sInkiOjAuNX0%3D&s=%2FdVBMUpLZb4OrgUkvkSLxvo%2BVx0%3D[/IMG]

moore delivered a signature 31 points last friday nite in las vegas in leading his mac irvin fire to an upset aau victory over cp3 & soundly outplayed uconn commit alterique gilbert...like former bears 2009/2010 pac 12 mvp jerome randle (charlie & rome know each other), moore's got elite deep range & the ability to create shots but also sometimes questionable decision making

illinois (almost year round nasty humid or freezing cold azz weather) is putting the full court press on charlie but it could get real interesting if he decides to take an official visit to the #1 ranked public university in the world located in the beautiful & cosmopolitan san francisco bay area...cali isn't sweater weather
[video=youtube;pROWAvEzX4Y][/video]

yeah, charlie's gonna be in the next updated rankings for the top 100 players in the 2016 class
Shocky1

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_28545960/cals-rigid-academic-standards-pose-tough-challenge-athletics

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Sports Illustrated is running a feature:
Breaking down college basketball's top 25 recruits for 2015

[SIZE=7][COLOR="#0000CD"]5. Ivan Rabb, Cal
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
The first recruit Cuonzo Martin called after Cal hired him in April 2014 was Rabb. Several high-major programs were pursuing the five-star big man, but the Golden Bears quickly made him a priority. Cal was included on the list of five Rabb released last October, and after eliminating Kansas and Kentucky, he announced his commitment to the Golden Bears over Arizona in April. "I just saw the vision of where coach Martin wanted to go with this thing, and I definitely wanted to be a part of it," Rabb said.

Rabb is one of the most highly regarded prospects to pick Cal since Saint Joseph Notre Dame (Calif.) High's Jason Kidd in 1992. As a senior at Bishop O'Dowd High, Rabb averaged 24.5 points, 16.3 rebounds and 4.5 blocks per game, led the Dragons to a state title and was named California's Mr. Basketball. At 6'10" and 210 pounds, Rabb is a skilled scorer in the low post who offers defensive versatility. "Not only is Ivan a four that realizes he's a four, but he's got a tremendous skill level on the block, he's ambidextrous, he has a variety of post moves, he's got very good foot work, he's tough, he plays very hard, but he can also take defenders outside and consistently hit mid-range shots," Josh Gershon, a national recruiting analyst for Scout.com, said of Rabb.[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Vandalus;842517732 said:

Shocky - I'm in btw, made my deposit the other day.

no doubt berkeley is gonna be midnight city with vandy in the haas
[video=youtube;vNEbsZ3IcH4][/video]
Shocky1
"recruiting is like life itself...incredible highs...gut-wrenching lows...and...you just really never know how it will play out in the end"
-yann hufnagel

Mr. Frumble
Anyone know if Marquell Fraser has a visit scheduled?

He is a 2016 6'5" PG from Hamilton, ON (now at Southwest Christian Academy in Arkansas).
Will be playing at the Adidas Global Nations this weekend in Long Beach and is rumored to be visiting Cal and SC.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842512267 said:

what's the shockster's definition of a successful 2015/2016 season for them california golden bears?

if our hard working & high character walk ons play in more than half of our games at the 5:00 minute mark left in the game

*****brenden "in san francisco" glapion, coach martin had better get his azz in the game or face the wrath of taylor, the prez of his fan club
*****cole "surfer dude" welle, nobody has worked harder to build up their body for pac 12 pounding, just ask coach christopher
*****nick "at nite" hamilton, somebody gotta get him some coupons to great clips, dude looks like a cave man
*****xavier valdes, the quiet one is way smarter than the average bear
*****nick "downtown shooter" kerr, he is arguably a better athlete than maddy (but definitely not better looking)

everlasting love#

Dr. Neita Safety, Executive Director
State of California Industrial Commission

What up Doc?

Although I am a California Golden Bears basketball fan, it is with a heavy heart that my conscience dictates that I must report the continued repeated abuse and mistreatment of Cal basketball walks on by Mr. Cuonzo Martin aka the Bald Azz Guy.

He has shown no remorse and when confronted his response was a terse and unhelpful "Keep those foul smelling broken down freaks afar from me, all I care about is them Diamonds."

We are actively organizing sold out protests, sit ins, recall petitions with international media coverage at Haas Pavillion to draw attention to Coach Martin's shameful actions.

Your immediate attention to this matter is appreciated. I can be directly contacted at 1-800 Go Bears, just ask for Chris or Justin.

The time is now.

Shocky
Shocky1
the bears staff has offered sacha killeya-jones, an elite stretch 4 6'10" 207 lbs top 30 player in the 2016 class from the virginia episcopal school & team felton summer aau program

killeya-jones lives in chapel hill & attends high school in virginia...he recently made a decommitment from tony bennett's virginia squad & has since visited/received offers from also kentucky & north carolina...cal is definitely in the running with coach martin & huf making a prioritized effort to watch his games in las vegas last week

sacha got a 3.3 gpa, he's not a dumb azz...like teammate javin delaurier, killeya-jones might take a visit to cal...yeah, cali summers are a little cooler than those on the east coast

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world
HoopDreams
Shocky1
"95% of the people you chill with now won't be by your side in 5 years"
-jordan ford, relationship expert

Shocky1
"i can feel your energy from two planets away"
-jaylen brown, noted philosopher

Shocky1
Shocky1;842505073 said:

coach martin has offered vance jackson, a highly skilled 6'8" 215 lbs top 50 player in the 2016 class nightmare matchup sharpshooting wing from st john bosco (bryce treggs hs) in bellflower...vj is a key targeted priority prospect for the california golden bears basketball program, he is truly an impact player

jackson is currently the 23rd highest scoring player in the nation in aau ball this summer with a 18.7 ppg average for dream vision on the adidas gauntlet circuit ...his dad vance sr has indicated that the family has a preference for their son staying on the west coast...like so many of the current 2016 & 2017 recruiting battles for the bears, this is likely gonna be a cal, arizona (miller prioritizing other recruits over jackson right now) & ucla (could be done for 2016 class) decision...coach martin has invested the time & built strong relationships with both vance & vance sr with dad making public statements re: his respect for coach as both a mentor and more importantly, as a good person

key factors in jackson's recruitment will be his academic track record & ambition (he recently took the sat) along with a team's style of play & relationships with the coaching staff...the cal staff is working to coordinate an unofficial visit for the jackson family to visit berkeley this summer

"people come and go, you just have to make sure the right one stays.."
-vance jackson

vance would be an ideal cal fit to join ringleader oscar frayer (also recently took the sat) as part of cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including southern california)

vance jackson is an important targeted prospect to potentially join current commits oscar frayer & tyson jolly in cal's touch the sky class (2016)...jackson's ability to be multiple is very adaptive to cal's positionless schemes

"i used to play the 1 and now i play the 2 or 3 so i'm just used to it and i think i can guard those positions at the next level...i'm not there but i'm working on it"

"whatever school i feel i can impact in a positive way to help win a championship...i want to play as a freshman...i know it's not given so i have to work for it...also, like if i get injured, i have to be somewhere that feels like home to me"
-vance jackson

"i signed him up for yoga classes this summer...first he needs to lose 10 pounds and then gain it back as muscle...more so for getting ready for contact and to be more explosive"
-vance jackson sr

dad of the year#

vance is gonna transfer to the storied mater dei program for his senior year
Shocky1
"i wanna go swimming, it's too hot"
-tyrone wallace

yeah, it was 78% yesterday in the san francisco bay area with no humidity, a real heat wave

t-wall, are you gonna start playing more paddle ball?

california#:gobears:
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Sports Illustrated is running a feature:
Breaking down college basketball's top 25 recruits for 2015[/SIZE]

[SIZE=7][COLOR="#FF0000"]3.[/COLOR][COLOR="#0000CD"] Jaylen Brown, Cal[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Among the top prospects in this class, perhaps none inspired as much debate among recruiting analysts as Brown. He identified Kentucky as the "best basketball program in the country" in late March, released a list of eight schools through a video in April, then cut the list later that month amid speculation over whether adidas would influence his decision. Brown was also linked to a potential package deal at Cal with center Caleb Swanigan and Rabb, but Brown followed Rabb to Cal as part of one of the top recruiting classes in the country.

If the addition of Rabb turned the Golden Bears into a Pac-12 contender, Brown's choice elevated them into the national elite. The 6'6", 220-pound Brown, who has drawn comparisons to Arizona standout Stanley Johnson, is a strong one-on-one defender who excels at attacking the basket off the dribble on offense. As a senior, Brown averaged 28 points and 12 rebounds per game, led Wheeler High to a 30-2 record and state championship and was named Georgia's Gatorade player of the year. Brown is considered a potential top-five pick in next year's draft. In its latest mock, the scouting website DraftExpress pegs him at No. 3. "He is a strong, athletic player with a tremendous work ethic," Cal coach Cuonzo Martin said of Brown after he signed with the Golden Bears. "Jaylen has the skill and ability to play four different positions on the floor."

Considering the depth Cal returns on the perimeter, it may be best served slotting Brown at power forward next to Rabb. However Martin chooses to sort out the rotation, the Bears may be able to push Arizona, Oregon and others for a conference title.[/SIZE]

Shocky1
[video=youtube;t5Dj8Dqy3ns][/video]

4.00 gpa too#
MSaviolives
...ruining attendance at Oregon per Oregonian columnist John Canzano.
http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2015/07/canzano_still_not_buying_what.html

Let's see...attendance is terrible...163rd in attendance (50.2 percent capacity) among NCAA Division I men's basketball teams last season. What could be wrong? Hmmm...

Winning seasons and tournament opportunities...check
Strong recruiting class...check
Spanking new, state of the art facility...check

Maybe Shocky might be willing to venture an opinion on this
bearmanpg
WAIT ...WAIT....let me guess.....Dana Altman is a criminal!!!!!
Shocky1
Shocky1;842510262 said:

team: oregon ducks

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 3rd place

coach: dana "the criminal" altman

what you need to know about altman: during labor day weekend of 2010 tony woods beat the crap out of his girlfriend in front of their 8 month old child...woods was arrested and charged with three counts of assault for kicking and pushing courney lorel barbout who suffered a fracture of her spine in the attack

against the 6'11" 250 lbs woods, courney had no chance to protect herself

wake forest did the right thing and suspended woods

so oregon's sleazeball head coach dana altman recruited woods to shore up the ducks interior defense

dana altman & steve alford are enablers of sexual predators that commit crimes of violence against women if it means they might win a few more games

who else has altman recruited to eugene?

*elgin cook, declared ineligible during high in milwaukee for having a gpa under 2.0 & also left school for florida due to his involvement with gang activity
http://themilwaukeedrum.com/2011/02/13/the-tragedy-of-elgin-cook-other-mps-black-student-athletes/

*jordan bell from long beach poly was academically ineligible out of high school

*christiano felicio from brazil was declared ineligible by the ncaa after attending a roseville "prep school" handpicked by altman that is facing allegations of academic fraud & child abuse
http://fox40.com/2013/01/10/roseville-prep-academy-coach-arrested-for-physical-abuse/

*jaquan lyle, 2.5 gpa in high school & suspended for fighting in high school was ineligible to enroll at oregon

*ray kosongo was denied admission by the university's special admission board which was created by concerned faculty re: altman's disinterest in recruiting high character student athletes

*ben carter, suspended along with dominic artis for selling team issued shoes/gear, transfered to unlv

*a.j. lapray transferred to pepperdine

*brandon austin, 2.6 gpa in philly, was suspended from the providence basketball team after being charged with a sexual assault of a female student...he immediately was recruited & transferred to oregon...when confronted by the media, altman claimed he checked austin's background but did not know he raped a girl while at providence...charged in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed

*damyean dotson, suspended during the season for trying to use a fake id at a bar...charged in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed

*dominic artis, named in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed with a court restraining order does not allow him to set foot on the university of oregon campus

*elgin cook & jalil abdul bassit were arrested by the eugene police department for shoplifting at market across the street from matthew knight arena on sept 12th of last season...dana altman has stated "we expect our student athletes to conduct themselves as solid members of this community and team...both were "internally disciplined" (which means nothing as usual)"
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/10/two_oregon_ducks_basketball_pl.html

*dana altman knews that elgin cook had been cited for assault & battery, disorderly conduct and vandalism four years ago in wisconsin before he recruited him to oregon...criminal dana altman has stated "i was aware of elgin's background prior to his arrival at the university of oregon...the two years before he arrived here, elgin did very well at prep school and junior college, especially in the classroom...we would not have recruited elgin if we didn't believe he was capable of receiving a college education that he would appreciate and value"
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/10/dana_altman_was_aware_of_elgin.html

*jordan bell cited for harassing an oregon parking officer attempting to place a ticket on his car...altman suspended bell for 1 game, a home game vs pac 12 cellar opponent washington state

*dana altman has been named in the lawsuit against the university of oregon filed by the female student victim of the brutal player sexual assault for his role in allegedly lying to authorities that he did not know that brandon austin was dismissed by providence for raping a female student

*when mike montgomery had his cancer scare dana altman & his henchman tony stubblefield negatively recruited against the bears basketball program using this medical situation as a reason not to attend cal

make no mistake about, altman & stubblefield are pieces of worthless ****

what up in eugene?: oregon is losing pac 12 mvp joseph young (20.7 ppg, 4.4 rpg & 3.8 apg) & jalil abdul-bassit (8.2 ppg)...the ducks are returning elgin cook (13.2 ppg & 5.2 rpg), canadian dillon brooks (13.0 ppg & 5.2 rpg), dwayne benjamin (8.4 ppg & 5.8 rpg) & bouncy jordan bell (5.1 ppg & 6.1 rpg)...newcomers include villanova transfer dylan ennis & gunner tyler dorsey (and his dad)

what this means for the bears: cal will need to match up with oregon's defensive/rebounding intensity, that did not happen last season...if the bears can limit the ducks fast break attacks, then oregon will struggle in their half court offense as they likely not be a strong 3 point shooting team this season

oregon basketball is a corporate sponsored sports program that is loosely affiliated with a mediocre university that lacks academic integrity that is coached by a criminal

yeah, it's business as usual in eugene

moneyball#

msaviolives, the above post has been sent to west coast sports writers including john canzano, faculty & women's groups at the university of oregon and the plaintiff firm representing the young lady sexually attacked/preyed upon by the 3 members of the oregon basketball team

trust me, judging by the responses, there are a lot of people in oregon that do not condone or support dana altman's criminal activities...the most off point response has been from arizona star columnist greg hanson who responded that oregon is a football school, that must be the tucson version of spineless diplomacy

the cal staff this year did their due diligence of a recruit involved in a heinous sexual attack of a student & when they passed on this player coach martin noted "that at the end of the day i still have to go home to my wife & daughter and look them in the eyes"

i love this coaching staff & the ideals they protect along with them california golden bears high character student athletes for reasons that extend far beyond anything they've ever done on a basketball court with a basketball

good luck to the criminal enabling athletic department at the university of oregon in their efforts to sell season tixs to the decent people of oregon particularly those with families...i dunno, maybe they could promote an "altman bitch slap mini season package" or something

this is oregon basketball#
Shocky1
"win as many basketball games as possible by recruiting low gpa/character non student athletes who engage in criminal behavior, steal/fight both on and off the court and also assault women as long as they don't make any meaningful academic progress while in eugene"

this is oregon basketball#
just do it#

Shocky1
congratulated t-wall at the basketball banquet on his decision to become the 1st person in his family to graduate from cal

tyrone is both engaging & speaks with humble warmth, he is truly a special person...wallace told me that his academic plan is to attend summer school again this summer & then hopefully earn his degree by the end of the fall semester...this would allow him to take a light school school schedule in the spring & then focus upon the nba workouts & combines after march madness in 2016

t-wall told me with direct eye contact that he intends to shoot 80%+ from the free throw line next season

t-wall=son of proud michelle

who is the early favorite to win the pac 12 mvp award in 2015?

that would be tyrone wallace

pac 12 mvp trophy thru the years:

1993-jason kidd (cal)
1995-shareef abdur rahim (cal)
1996-ed gray (cal)
2000-sean lampley (cal)
2009-jerome randle (cal)
2010-derrick williams (arizona)
2011-jorge gutierrez (cal)
2012-alan crabbe (cal)
2013-nick johnson (arizona)
2014-joseph young (oregon)
2015 early favorite-tyrone wallace (cal)
2016 early favorite-jaylen brown (cal) or ivan rabb (cal)

yeah, kinda seems like berkeley, california is a pretty good spot for the pac 12 mvp trophy

let's do this#

t-wall, you are an inspiration to the young ones in becoming the 1st family in your family to earn a college degree, most impressively from the #1 ranked public university in the world before pursuing your nba dreams

why is t-wall putting in all this work to graduate from cal & then pursue his nba dreams?

"victory to me is when you get your moms right"
-tyrone wallace

this is cal basketball#
SRBear
Hope he's found a new favorite color.
petalumabear
SRBear;842518705 said:

I was just going back to reply to that answer myself SRBear!
Shocky1
SRBear;842518705 said:

yeah, take off that red dress

going4roses
oh boy lol
Shocky1
Shocky1;842515128 said:

finally, yoga in berkeley, california...both steve kerr & the shockster applaud this program changing moment, recovery from the mentally & physically challenging off season workouts will now be possible

and look at jaylen in the bottom foto, he's finally gonna be able to sleep...good night, jb

but let's be real here, coach christopher is real tired of me badgering him re: when are them california golden bears gonna develop yoga practices...and who said the cal's monster class never accomplished nothing?

yeah, we're gonna be off to the races now

namastae#

my man jaylen brown holding the tree pose

yoga enables one to find their inner strength & quiet the monkey voices that are constantly talking in our heads

let's do this

namastae#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/5uVXoouV6w

shine bright#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842517263 said:

50 year friendships#

"i don't want it to just be about me, i want it to be about the team"
-ivan rabb

"i try to have the best interests of whoever my brother is beside me both on and off the court"
-jaylen brown
Shocky1
the shockster's view of yoga

the coaches view of yoga

not exactly#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]The Cal players might want to pick up some of these nice kicks while down under...[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842478758 said:

marvin bagley iii, a 6'10" phenom from corona del sol high school (tempe) is from gilbert (an upper middle class suburb of phx) is ranked as the #1 player in the 2018 class

my yoga classmate buddy padraig o'brien (a highly respected basketball trainer that has worked with 5 lottery picks & kingsley okoroh) told me that marvin is an excellent student in the classroom with a strong academic focus & that his parents (dad is the head coach of the phoenix phamily 2018 youth basketball team) are very strict (and highly religious) & won't let their son's recruitment turn into a circus...a major factor that will damage the recruiting efforts of arizona & arizona state is the family's concerns re: the lack of diversity in arizona (greater detail can only be shared directly with the staff)

so i asked padraig how good is marvin, a freshman this year in high school, compared to the pac 12's best players

padraig smiled & told me that bagley would've won the pac 12 mvp award this year...by a large margin

this afternoon marvin bagley scored a dominating 28 points on 9-12 field goals along with 13 rebounds...and yeah, he's 4-9 on 3 pointers this weekend at the peach jam...yeah, marvin is arguably the greatest high school player since lebron james

the head coaches watching today included sean "dunkin' donuts" miller, bobby "off to the races" hurley, coach cal, coach k & california golden bears head coach cuonzo martin

let's do this

warning: do not watch this video if you have any heart conditions
[video=youtube;zu9M-qK1yuo][/video]

update: there are concerns within the very private bagley family re: marvin not being challenged academically & athletically, reclassifying is a possibility...there are offers of $1,000,000+ for playing a season in china
OdontoBear66
As much as we would love to build up a potential recruit, how can anyone suggest with a serious face that a freshmen in HS would be better than a freshman in college who was OAD, and went to the league, one year out of Mater Dei HS. Given to exaggeration even if Magic, Kobe, or King James quality. C'mon now. Good yes, but.......
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]congrates to former Cal Bear and Pac 12 MVP [COLOR="#0000CD"]Allen Crabbe[/COLOR]
Portland Trailblazers guaranteed his contract for the upcoming season[/SIZE]

First Page Last Page
Page 211 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.