cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,263,506 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
stu;842559271 said:

Looks to me like the King has been smitten by the girl in the Duluth TV ad.

stu, r u sure that's a girl?
Shocky1
Shocky1;842505073 said:

cuonzo martin has extended an actionable offer to vance jackson jr, a highly skilled 2016 top 50 6'8" 215 lbs nightmare matchup sharpshooting wing from st john bosco (bryce treggs hs) in bellflower...vance is a key targeted priority prospect for the california golden bears basketball program, he is truly an impact player

jackson is currently the 23rd highest scoring player in the nation in aau ball this summer with a 18.7 ppg average for dream vision on the adidas gauntlet circuit ...his dad vance sr has indicated that the family has a preference for their son staying on the west coast, like so many of the current 2016 & 2017 recruiting battles for the bears, this is likely gonna be a cal, arizona (miller prioritizing other recruits over jackson right now) & ucla (could be done for 2016 class) along with uconn decision...coach martin has invested the time & built strong relationships with both vance & vance sr

key factors in jackson's recruitment will be his excellent academic track record & ambition (he recently took the sat) along with a team's style of play & relationships with the coaching staff...the cal staff is working to coordinate an unofficial visit for the jackson family to visit berkeley this summer
[video=youtube;3B1Vgle9ROo][/video]

"people come and go, you just have to make sure the right one stays.."
-vance jackson

vance would be an ideal cal fit for cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

vance will be be transferring (after also considering mater dei) to prolific prep in napa for his senior season, the close proximity to berkeley will allow the jackson family to take a close look at the cal basketball program

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

warm cal family welcome to the jackson family on their official visit to berkeley starting today, this is gonna be fun
UrsaMajor
Shocky:

I'm puzzled. You claim that anyone going to schools other than Cal or the Ivy League are dumb azzes, even schools like UDub which is in the top 20 academically. Yet, you may send your daughter to USF?????? What does that say about her (or are academics only for guys)?
OdontoBear66
UrsaMajor;842559468 said:

Shocky:

I'm puzzled. You claim that anyone going to schools other than Cal or the Ivy League are dumb azzes, even schools like UDub which is in the top 20 academically. Yet, you may send your daughter to USF?????? What does that say about her (or are academics only for guys)?

Touche'
petalumabear

Shocky:

Bazinga.... Some of us have tried to have a conversation on this topic only to be ignored... Pump up Cal but don't disparage schools that Cal alums may have attended, have children attending etc...
OldBlue1999
petalumabear;842559622 said:

Pump up Cal but don't disparage schools that Cal alums may have attended, have children attending etc...

I don't mean to speak for Shocky, but I've always assumed by dumb azz he means declining the offer to attend Cal when it's presented. IMO people shouldn't take offense at this stuff, it's just message board smack talk. I think it's way more annoying how anytime someone posts something positive about Cal somebody has to come in and play the devil's advocate to minimize it. It's OK to unabashedly glorify Cal on a Cal site. Fan ain't short for fanatic for no reason. Anyway just my 2 cents.
GoBears635
Shocky1;842559244 said:

why is t-wall the undisputed leader of this year's california golden bears?

is it because he's gonna graduate from the #1 ranked public university in the world this spring fulfilling a promise to his deceased grandfather charles johnson that he would become the 1st person in the family to earn a college diploma?

is it because he's gonna pursue his nba aspirations with the safety net of a minted cal education?

is it because he's better at video games than the king & jabari?

is it because his girlfriend ms alcantar is one of them hot brunette yoga females?

wake the **** up, it's none of those reasons, it's because he wears fuschia (it's not pink)

yeah, berkeley is truly midnight city...who knew that huf plays the sax

50 year friendships#

T-wall, take off that red shirt (and cap)!
SLO_Bear

Shocky:

I don't want to lose your main point, other than its overly personal aspect, but UDub is not in any top 20 that I've seen, other than sports rankings. They're respectable but not top 20.
Shocky1

compared to cal, stanford & ivy league schools, the university of san francisco is an academically mediocre school

a usf degree will not open doors worldwide

taylor has traveled extensively around the globe from australia to south africa to europe & beyond as part of my world top 100 golf adventures...as a result she has a much clearer vision of where she would truly like to live in the future...taylor loves san francisco, it's wonderful melting pot of cultures, it's moderate california weather & incredible cosmopolitan energy yet the ability to chill at nearby quiet beaches & mountains along with its close proximity to her dad's haas pavilion where they share many magical moments together

as the only major university in the city by the bay, usf offers internships & business connections that will help successfully embark upon a career as a real estate broker in the city

usf is taylor's dream school

but make no mistake it about any cal targeted recruit that turns down a free education at the #1 public university in the world for an academically mediocre school is a ******* dumb azz

there is no doubt that taylor will marry somebody for true love...but as a dad i'm also hoping they're a cal, stanford or ivy league grad, them guys hold the keys to the universe

taylor (unlike her dad sometimes) is not a dumb azz

i love you sweetie

follow your dreams#
brj1
I think the point being made in this thread is that if you are a recruit being offered a free ride to Cal, why not get the most bang for your buck. Not everyone has that option, so you can't consider them "dumbazzez" unless they actually turn down a scholarship offer.
Shocky1
GoBears63;842559729 said:

T-wall, take off that red shirt (and cap)!

gobears63, what are you talkin' about, dude?

t-wall's fashion statement isn't red or pink, it's fuschia

you need to get your sorry broken down azz over to america's best for an exam

Shocky1
brj1;842559835 said:

I think the point being made in this thread is that if you are a recruit being offered a free ride to Cal, why not get the most bang for your buck. Not everyone has that option, so you can't consider them "dumbazzez" unless they actually turn down a scholarship offer.

agreed

btw, it's spelled dumb azzs

spell checker#
Shocky1
a free scholarship to cal, stanford or the ivy leagues school is basically like winning the lottery...anybody who turns down that opportunity of a lifetime is a ******* dumb azz

stu
SLO_Bear;842559800 said:

UDub is not in any top 20 that I've seen, other than sports rankings. They're respectable but not top 20.

Top 20 public universities? In Washington?
petalumabear
Problem begins where you claim that certain schools (let's just say not those show above for discussion purposes) turn out truck stop service persons and pool boys and so on. You insult people who might love their college or might not have had the opportunity to attend Cal on scholarship. I have good friends who attended USF but would never insult their alma mater if an athlete selected it over Cal. I'd know that the decision was made for any number of different reasons that were appropriate to that individual. I've told you before, focus on Cal and leave kids (and their college choices out of it). There is so much that is positive about Cal that it diminishes YOU and Cal by association to make these attacks.
Out.
NYCGOBEARS
petalumabear;842559856 said:

Problem begins where you claim that certain schools (let's just say not those show above for discussion purposes) turn out truck stop service persons and pool boys and so on. You insult people who might love their college or might not have had the opportunity to attend Cal on scholarship. I have good friends who attended USF but would never insult their alma mater if an athlete selected it over Cal. I'd know that the decision was made for any number of different reasons that were appropriate to that individual. I've told you before, focus on Cal and leave kids (and their college choices out of it). There is so much that is positive about Cal that it diminishes YOU and Cal by association to make these attacks.
Out.

I agree, leave the kids out of it. Dana Altman is still a criminal though.
petalumabear
NYCGOBEARS;842559859 said:

I agree, leave the kids out of it. Dana Altman is still a criminal though.

I have no problem with that assertion.
OdontoBear66
Shocky1;842559833 said:

compared to cal, stanford & ivy league schools, the university of san francisco is an academically mediocre school

a usf degree will not open doors worldwide

taylor has traveled extensively around the globe from australia to south africa to europe & beyond as part of my world top 100 golf adventures...as a result she has a much clearer vision of where she would truly like to live in the future...taylor loves san francisco, it's wonderful melting pot of cultures, it's moderate california weather & incredible cosmopolitan energy yet the ability to chill at nearby quiet beaches & mountains along with its close proximity to her dad's haas pavilion where they share many magical moments together

as the only major university in the city by the bay, usf offers internships & business connections that will help successfully embark upon a career as a real estate broker in the city

usf is taylor's dream school

but make no mistake it about any cal targeted recruit that turns down a free education at the #1 public university in the world for an academically mediocre school is a ******* dumb azz

there is no doubt that taylor will marry somebody for true love...but as a dad i'm also hoping they're a cal, stanford or ivy league grad, them guys hold the keys to the universe

taylor (unlike her dad sometimes) is not a dumb azz

i love you sweetie

follow your dreams#

shocky, I tend to like your thrust as opposed to the mild mannered approach on this board, laced with humor, but I sure hope Taylor enjoys San Francisco, especially with what you have said about inferior educations (your words not mine) in your posts. Our daughter in law went to UCSB (inferior, of course to Cal) and then went on to Santa Clara (I think generally considered the best of the Catholic schools in the Bay Area) for her Masters in Family Planning Psychology....Her impression after spending a lot of money, and two years------A joke compared to the UC system--- as far as difficulty, value, education, etc. Not to be mean spirited at all but if USF is less than Santa Clara, is less than UCSB, is less than Cal, where are you spending your money. And all of this is only stated because of the arrogance you have pushed with Cal vs. DumAzzes. I would comfort my own too, but I don't think I would be so cocksure about there ain't no alternatives to Cal were that the case.
OldBlue1999
So you guys read these posts by Shocky and personalize them with examples from your real life? To each his own I guess but that's a mistake imo. You just can't take anything you encounter on the internet personally is my opinion. It's not real life.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842558355 said:

a complicating factor in head coach kevin ollie's recruitment of vance jackson is that he's slowplaying vance as a plan b doghouse option

the huskies priority at the 4 is a wenyen gabriel, a lanky 6'9" 4 that is top 15 player in the 2016 class that has uconn fans drooling at the boneyard for a commitment, he's the big dog in their eyes

gabriel will be officially visiting uconn this weekend...he's already visited kentucky & maryland and still has official visits to providence (october 9th) & duke (october 16th)

not sure if vance is gonna wait around as the huskies back up bitch

go huskies#

coach cal is the man with today's commitment of wenyen gabriel to kentucky, no wonder ashley is such a wildcat fan...wenyen isn't even gonna to bother visiting a dump like storrs this weekend on an official visit

there were more than a dozen posts on uconn's boneyard message board on the vance jackson thread expressing the view that now that gabriel is off the board that uconn needs to get jackson but the moderators have deleted all of those posts leaving a weird gap of time between yesterday & a couple of minutes ago with zero posts

so much for free speech in storrs

sloppy seconds#
Shocky1
stu;842559852 said:

Top 20 public universities? In Washington?

washington may be an academically mediocre school but there's a lot to do in seattle

Shocky1
congrats to high achieving student athlete tim harrison on his commitment to rice

go owls#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]so you need to get stronger?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR="#0000CD"]http://m.sfgate.com/collegesports/article/Cal-basketball-shaping-up-well-under-strength-6544646.php#photo-8725811[/COLOR][/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=4][COLOR="#0000CD"]http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=210385689[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1
cal's diamonds are forever class (2015) is gonna create off the charts excitement at haas pavilion starting friday nite november 13th, an epic evening for the ages...taylor & i are already discussing potential outfits & dinner plans...are you gonna share in person at haas pavilion the magic of cal basketball with someone that you love?

but you gotta ask yourself why the dumb azz with the purple villebrequin linen shirt is stormin' the floor faster than coach martin...is it because the dumb azz has got a more dedicated yoga practice than coach?

set this video to maximum volume for the best estimation of the roar at haas

[video=youtube;N7QqouIxulM][/video]

let's do this

stormin' the floor (sorry gordon)#
Shocky1
the staff is relentlessly targeting a potential cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016) which features elite basketball talent with academic ambition for guys that want to play together in a family environment at the #1 ranked public university in the world in the beautiful san francisco bay area

*****oscar frayer, cal commit

*****tyson jolly, cal commit

*****charlie moore, top 70 player in the 2016 class originally scheduled september 13th official visit will be rescheduled for potentially the crazy azz usc football/halloween weekend of october 31st

*****jayce johnson, top 50 player in the 2016 class will officially visit cal on september 26th

*****vance jackson, top 50 player in the 2016 will officially visit cal on october 2nd

yeah, these guys are gonna be howlin' at the moon, they're not dumb azzs

this is cal basketball#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Vance[/COLOR], how was your official to Cal?

Gotta stay in Cali
Coach Martin's got this thing rolling
Come join the party![/SIZE]

Shocky1

http://www.contracostatimes.com/sports/ci_28908403/cal-men-begin-basketball-practice-high-expectations

today is the 1st official day of team practices

them california golden bears were a mediocre 18-15 last season

no more black out days

the time is now#
Shocky1

former cal pole vaulter allison stokke is competing for a spot on the us olympic team

[video=youtube;3ANGZm0xPOA][/video]

allison is off to the races

as a result tyson jolly is contemplating being a 2 sport athlete at cal in both men's basketball & pole vaulting...coach martin is not happy about this decision, he's not pleased at all

tyson, pole vaulting is dangerous, don't be a dumb azz

big boi fell in the sun#
Shocky1
charlie is officially visiting memphis this weekend, too bad coach webster can't accompany moore on this trip, tracy likes music & dancing a lot (he's kinda like elvis that way)

let's be real here, memphis is not even an academically mediocre school but 86% of corporate recruiters favor candidates with a degree from the university of memphis than those with only a ged or those that can't read

Shocky1
Shocky1;842508424 said:

let's be real here, graduating from the #1 public university in the world requires a ton of work, it can be done but it takes a focused & consistent effort to get it done...and the rewards for that degree are significant & life changing

one of the numerous upsides to all that work is that it's gonna help you get the girl of your dreams...them girls are looking for guys that are mentally limitless in terms of relentlessly pursuing opportunities in life...in today's fiercely competitive global economy, those with advanced educations are at a distinct advantage in successfully achieving their goals

yeah, these are lots of schools for dumb azzs that don't require much work academically if all you wanna do is play basketball with a basketball on a basketball court but in the long run that's not gonna help you get the girl of your dreams

sometimes you gotta go thru something to get something

dreams#

let's be real here, the cal's monster class is an invaluable source of priceless information for current & prospective cal student athletes, right?

you don't believe me?

t-wall's social life prior to reading the cal monster class thread...his lipstick is kinda fuschia but that's not the point here

t-wall's girlfriend ms alcantar after reading the cal monster class thread re: the beauty of them curvy brunette yoga females

this is cal basketball#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842522355 said:

taylor clowning with nick hamilton with a special photobomb by the king

brenden glapion showed us his locker, dude has got more shoes than taylor

the smartest guy (gates scholarship) on the cal basketball team with taylor telling the world nick's current gpa

taylor's dumb azz dad, she made me promise before the event that i would not embarazz her (again)...sorry sweetie

taylor & i are flying up to the bay area for today's washington state football game, she is hoping that we are gonna be able to see her "squad"

whatever

cal family#

Shocky1
let's be real clear on this point, hot girls particularly them curvy brunette yoga females from academically mediocre schools wanna date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads, that's just how the world works

just ask t-wall:gobears:

shut the **** up, shocky#:headbang
BearsObserver

Shocky1;842556485 said:

bearbackerinla, there is lots of variety among them bears

actionable offers: these rare offers can be accepted at any time by the targeted recruit...they are reserved for prospective student athletes that got the high character relentless work ethics, elite blue chip basketball talent & academic credentials (gpa & test scores) sought by coach martin & the staff...troy brown jr as the #2 player in the 2017 class with a 3.7 gpa has got an actionable offer from the bears

conditional offers: these offers are extended to prospective student athletes that the staff is very interested in recruiting, it's kinda like a promise ring...these guys are constantly evaluated by the staff as relationships are built to determine if a player is good fit from a social, basketball & academic standpoint...they are prioritized on an ongoing basis on the staff's recruiting big board, this information (which is transparently shared by the staff with the recruits) is very sensitive to players & their families so i'm very careful to never share anything which could ever damage the cal basketball program...noah blackwell of woodcreek high school was given a conditional offer by the now departed coach jon harris, noah was told where he stood with respects to prospects ahead of him in line for an actionable offer & further told the necessary academic improvement (blackwell had a 2.8 gpa) that was necessary for admission to cal...noah ended up signing with long beach state

preferred walk ons (pwos): my boyz brenden glapion, nick hamilton & cole welle will be joined by nick kerr this season...xavier valdes will not be returning to the team this season & the staff recently had an open tryout which resulted in another potential guy being identified for consideration...recruited high school pwos will receive preferred consideration for admission into cal...pwos are team 1st guys with outstanding academic credentials, they are unselfish bears that will go on to achieve greatness in all facets of their lives in the future, you can bank on that...my daughter taylor & i love them guys, yeah we're never gonna forget (even if coach martin sometimes forgets their sorry broken down azzs) the walk ons

this foto clearly documents that the importance of yoga within the cal basketball program, just ask jaylen

HoopDreams
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR="#0000CD"]Game day![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=5]Fight for California, and Fight Breast Cancer[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Vantastic, u still on campus?[/SIZE]

First Page Last Page
Page 227 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.