cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,257,722 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan Rabb[/COLOR] selected as a candidate for the 2016 Karl Malone Award (best power forward)
[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Tyrone Wallace[/COLOR] a candidate for the Bob Cousy Point Guard of the Year Award [/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Jordan Mathews[/COLOR] a candidate for the Jerry West Shooting Guard of the Year Award[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Jaylen Brown[/COLOR] a candidate for the Julius Erving Small Forward of the Year Award[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842509328 said:

team: ucla bruins

coach: steve "rapist enabler" alford

what you need to know about alford: did you know that he is a "rapist enabler?"

check out the orange county register article: "alford's past paints blurry character portrait"
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/alford-535065-indiana-basketball.html

if steve alford has not protected his star basketball player after he raped the 1st student, then the 2nd victim most likely would have been spared this violent crime

if alford had been a basketball coach at an iowa middle school rather than the head coach at the university of iowa, then he would be in a prison today for his documented role in enabling/facilitating a convicted rapist to escape justice all in the name of his winning a few more basketball games

alford then waited a decade to make an insince apology as mandated by the ucla athletic director during april of 2013:

"at that time i instinctively and mistakenly came to (pierece's) defense before knowing all the facts...i wanted to believe he was innocent and in response to a media question i publicly proclaimed his innocence before the legal system had run its course"

"that was inappropriate, insensitive and hurtful especially for the young female victim and i apologize for that"

"i have learned and grown from that experience and now understand that such proclamations can contribute to an atmosphere in which similar crimes go unreported and victims are not taken seriously"

why did alford wait over a decade to apologize?

does alford truly feel any responsibility for the 2nd rape victim because of his rapist enabling actions?

steve alford=dana altman=joe paterno

new academic fraud allegations out of westwood from the basketball team's prior academic coordinator...like criminal dana altman & drunkard steve sarkisian, steve alford's **** is starting to pile up
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/10/12/whistle-blower-alleges-academic-misconduct-in-ucla-mens-basketball-program/

this is ucla basketball#
bar20
Shocky1;842570898 said:

new academic fraud allegations out of westwood from the basketball team's prior academic coordinator...like criminal dana altman & drunkard steve sarkisian, steve alford's **** is starting to pile up
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/10/12/whistle-blower-alleges-academic-misconduct-in-ucla-mens-basketball-program/

this is ucla basketball#

Little brother's been a bad, bad boy!
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]T minus 30

One month before the first game of the season

Have you got your season tickets yet?

Not possible? How about a season mini pack?

Opening Night Pack
Holiday Pack
Weekend Pack
Pac 12 Pack

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209426747&DB_OEM_ID=30100[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Have you circled November 13th so you have no other obligations preventing you from attending the first game?[/SIZE]

BearsObserver
How about single game tickets? when do they go on sale

HoopDreams;842571073 said:

[SIZE=5]T minus 30

One month before the first game of the season

Have you got your season tickets yet?

Not possible? How about a season mini pack?

Opening Night Pack
Holiday Pack
Weekend Pack
Pac 12 Pack

Shocky1
"i asked a girl what her favorite soccer team was she responded fly emirates"
-jaylen brown

cal los osos desean a chicas de yoga bonita con pelo negro

who knew that ivan rabb is also the leader singer for love

yoga is the connection#
Shocky1
coach martin visited & offered on september 30th 7' 230 lbs ikechukwu obiagu, a dominating top 10 player in the 2017 class from the greenforest christian academy in atlanta

obiagu is an extremely long & athletic rim protector & rebounder that is often compared to dikembe mutombo because of his ability to dominate the paint...he is extremely mobile for his size & can run the floor

ikechukwu took unofficial visits this july to vanderbilt, auburn & in state georgia...obiagu is not a dumb azz like lupe fiasco, he's a good student

[video=youtube;-VS4-4vcFzA][/video]

yeah, ikechukwu obiagu would be a true student athlete addition to cal's touch the sky class (2017)...just ask jaylen

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world
socaltownie
BearBackerinLA;842571084 said:

Not yet. We are really trying to figure out the schedule and right now the mini-packs don't precisely fit. That said, I may just buy and donate ones I can not use.
Shocky1
BearBackerinLA;842571084 said:

individual game tixs go on sale next week

monday october 19th: tier 1
tuesday october 20th: tier 2
wednesday october 21st tier 3
thursday october 22nd: general public

one of my favorite comments re: cal basketball is from harky basically saying that he loves attending games at haas pavilion because it makes him feel young again even if for only 2 hours (personally i think the dude needs a yoga practice, your age is merely a state of mind)...it's different for everybody, why are you gonna feel the electric aura of them california golden bears at your palace this upcoming season starting with the epic opener on friday november 13th?

this **** is getting live

the magic of cal basketball#
south bender
Shocky1;842571433 said:

your age is merely a state of mind

Shocky, when you reach 100 or whatever age past 75 that you make it to, assuming that you do, then you will have at least some basis for this fatuous statement, that age is "merely" a state of mind. Looking at the pictures of yourself that you so kindly share with all of us, I am guessing you are still south of 50.

Go Bears!
HoopDreams
[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=4]Yes, ESPN is watching the Cal Bears[/SIZE][/COLOR]

OdontoBear66
south bender;842571505 said:

Shocky, when you reach 100 or whatever age past 75 that you make it to, assuming that you do, then you will have at least some basis for this fatuous statement, that age is "merely" a state of mind. Looking at the pictures of yourself that you so kindly share with all of us, I am guessing you are still south of 50.

Go Bears!

bender you nailed it. I am in very good shape for north of 70, but let me tell you getting older is one hell of a lot more than a state of mind. I literally laugh at the Baby Boomers who aimed to live forever with their obsessive and cross training exercise leading to everlasting life. Stuff happens shocky, and it is not ALL under your control. And even though I fair quite well, never question that someone "let themselves get into that state". There are things that are out of ones control. Fight the good fight to control those things you can.
Shocky1
harky, south bender & odonoto=true battle tested california golden bears=men of steel
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]this is NOT cal basketball
but there is a cal reference...[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;YHFnM5zbCaY][/video]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842553605 said:

the draftexpress.com (which is written by guys with zero nba backgrounds whose primary jobs are working security for the gap) is of the opinion that 4 of the top 7 nba prospects in the pac 12 are california golden bears
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Top-NBA-Prospects-in-the-Pac-12-Part-Seven-Prospects-17-20-5245

but make no mistake about it, jordan "en fuego" mathews is the best shooter in the pac...there's something transcendently epic that freezes time forever when mathews squares up his shoulders & releases his 3 pointers with perfect rotation into the haas airspace, i can't breathe...let it fly, baby, let's do this

nothing to lose#

congrats to jordan mathews on his nomination for the national jerry west shooting guard award

let if fly, baby#
OdontoBear66
So shocky, you keep highlighting players that we are seeking and I love to get the input. Then we lose those players consistently having now a great reputation for quality going into 2015-2016, and probably openings as players go to the league after this season. But, players are not accepting offers. Now I fully understand that many things go in to why a student athlete chooses a college, but is there something about Cal right now that makes it look like a full house with no playing time, or what? Seems like all the players you highlight and we target are choosing to go elsewhere.
Shocky1

chicago's finest charlie moore is gonna officially visit cal for the crazy halloween/usc football weekend...yeah, coach webster is practicing his dance moves & getting a haircut

don't be a dumb azz#
watermelon
OdontoBear66;842571802 said:

So shocky, you keep highlighting players that we are seeking and I love to get the input. Then we lose those players consistently having now a great reputation for quality going into 2015-2016, and probably openings as players go to the league after this season. But, players are not accepting offers. Now I fully understand that many things go in to why a student athlete chooses a college, but is there something about Cal right now that makes it look like a full house with no playing time, or what? Seems like all the players you highlight and we target are choosing to go elsewhere.

yeah, they find out that the dumbazz# shocky is a program clinger, including hanging out in the locker room, and it creeps them out when he asks to sniff their jock straps during their recruiting visit. But hey, he's a season ticket holder and donor, so it's alright.

and yes shockster, I'm a season ticket holder, but stay away, because you creep me out too.
OdontoBear66
watermelon;842571840 said:

yeah, they find out that the dumbazz# shocky is a program clinger, including hanging out in the locker room, and it creeps them out when he asks to sniff their jock straps during their recruiting visit. But hey, he's a season ticket holder and donor, so it's alright.

and yes shockster, I'm a season ticket holder, but stay away, because you creep me out too.

Nah, shocky is cool, but I get all excited about the players he highlights and they go bye-bye. Just wonderin'
concordtom

Sorry, Odonto... but, DUUUHHHHHH!!!!!!
When you go fishing, you might have to use an entire bin of worms. You cast left, you cast right. You cast near, you cast far. You spend your day tossing the line out, and you might get some nibbles here and there, other times you reel in and find the worm is gone without having felt a thing.

If it's a good day, however, by the end of the day you've caught a couple fish to make it worth your while.

Last year, Martin went a fishing and came back at the end with a couple of whales. How did you like that?

Patience grasshopper. You can't reel in all the fish that inspect your hook. There's only so much room in the ice chest. Don't give up. Let them look at the worm. Let them ALL look at it. Hopefully, by the end of this day of fishing (2016, 2017) you will have some quality fish just the same.

THE GYM IS OPEN.
FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE.
Shocky1
watermelon;842571840 said:

watermelon, as an arizona grad, would you agree that tucson's got an academically mediocre university with a 95% acceptance rate & streets that go nowhere?

tuscon is a dump#
Shocky1
one of the great minds of the 21st century once said "costco has a lower acceptance rate than u of a"

with arizona's 95%+ acceptance rate, this is an accurate & insightful statement

which is kinda ironic because working on the floor of costco is kinda all that u of a grads are really qualified to do in today's fiercely global economy that significantly favors those with educational/academic achievement

watermelon, i am eminently qualified to rank the state colleges for you as follows:

1) arizona state university (the honors college is top notch, u of a candidates need not apply)
2) grand canyon university (plus thunder dan majerle will bang you if you're a hot female under 25)
3) northern arizona university (my club forest highlands is nearby, cold azz in the winter)
4) pima school of bartending (higher career placement rate than u of a)
5) university of arizona (non academically motivated student body, you got a 2.4 hs gpa?, no problemo)
6) sheriff joe's tent city night school (if you steal 3 cars with your crew & are sentenced to 6 years for each prior felony, how many years will you gotta remain in buckeye if the judge reduces your sentence by 20% for the 5 years already served?)

bear down#
south bender
Shocky1;842571573 said:

harky, south bender & odonoto=true battle tested california golden bears=men of steel

Dearest Shockster, speaking only for myself, "man of steel"?, don't I wish!....
HoopDreams
south bender
HoopDreams;842571977 said:

HD, is this a q and a only event?
HoopDreams
south bender;842571980 said:

HD, is this a q and a only event?

SB, I think the Q&A event was moved to the Oregon State game
This seems like a fun event where you can mingle with the players and coaches playing games, etc. Sorry, gotta have your student ID to get the free pizza...

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0000CD"]Free Event Offers Food, Games, Prizes and Chance to Preview Cal's Men's and Women's Basketball Teams

BERKELEY – Cal’s men’s and women’s basketball teams are giving their fans a sneak preview of what to expect this season with Haas Hoops Hysteria on Friday, Oct. 16, a free special event for students and fans of all ages that will feature interactive games with the Golden Bears and plenty of chances to win prizes.

The festivities will get underway at 7 p.m. with a party on Spieker Plaza, before everyone moves inside a newly renovated Haas Pavilion at 8 p.m. The first 500 students to the event will receive free pizza.

Cal students will be able to swipe their ID cards to earn the chance to compete in several contests. Among the take-home opportunities are Nike team gear, courtside seats for the Cal-Arizona men’s game and the Cal-Nebraska women’s game, and free books for the spring semester. Students can also earn five points on the Bench Rewards App towards a trip to the 2016 Pac-12 men’s basketball tournament in Las Vegas.

In addition to student-athletes from both squads, head coaches Cuonzo Martin and Lindsay Gottlieb will be on hand along with the Cal Straw Hat Band, Cal’s dance and cheer teams, the Rally Committee, Mic Men and Oski. Fans will also get a good look at the new center-hung scoreboard and other amenities added to Haas Pavilion since the end of last season.

[/COLOR][/FONT]
Shocky1

odonto, if coach martin & the hardworking staff hadn't just recruited the #1 class in the history of cal basketball i would 100% agree with your concerns...with only 2 available schollys available at this time for 2016, the staff is very carefully trying to find the best fits (including academic profiles) for the program, they can afford to be selective...cal's touch the sky class (2017) will be a larger group of guys & significant relationships are continuing to be built with key elite targeted student athletes & their families

the successfully targeted & recruited 2015 class is intended to forever change the trajectory of the cal basketball program, to compete for national championships with high character true student athletes at the #1 public university in the world...coach martin & the staff are not interested in dumb azzs...these guys are elite immediate impact blue chippers with academic ambition, they are all truly diamonds in ways that extend far beyond playing basketball on a basketball court with a basketball...basketball does not define these diamonds

*****stephen domingo, #35 ranked player in the 2013 class

*****roman davis, top 150 player in the 2015 class

*****leo nikolayevich tolstoy, a late emerging 5 star euro recruit with an actionable offer from the cal staff...leo has got a 4.38 gpa & is considered a strong cal fit in that he is considered the considered the greatest writer ever in russian literature by rivals & scout...his significant production is tempered by his preference for making non violent resistance statements & questioning authority during time outs...lacks lateral mobility & is not a strong on ball defender primairly because he is dead...loves berkeley & is considered a cal lean by 24/7...jeff goodman is tweeting that tolstoy thinks "tucson is a dump"

*****jaylen brown, #1/#2 ranked player in the 2015 class
[IMG]https://nbccollegebasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwi5ztbkmtm4 mjdjmwviyjg3ogjjytdmnwm3mzhmzgrm.jpeg" />[/IMG]

*****ivan rabb, #1 ranked (prior to a minor summertime injury) player in the 2015 class

*****brandon mccartney aka lil b, a local berkeley product is known for runnin' his mouth & deadly curses...strong chemistry with jaylen brown but also a defensive liability as brandon chacuca has posted him up/abused him on the aau circuit in iso sets
[video=youtube;eU5PVFjsQG8][/video]

true california golden bears fans will be celebrating the magic of haas with their season tix(s) as them diamonds integrate with the hungry returning nucleus of guys...noted donuts expert sean miller said it best: "cal can win the national championship"

shine bright#
Shocky1
socaltownie;842571404 said:

Not yet. We are really trying to figure out the schedule and right now the mini-packs don't precisely fit. That said, I may just buy and donate ones I can not use.

socaltownie, it would be awesome to see you at haas pavilion this season...if you can financially do the deal buying season tix(s) generates both much needed crowd noise & revenues for the program...let's do this

btw, taylor wants to meet you

[video=youtube;_I93QlXMGdE][/video]

socaltownie=the new spielberg
Shocky1
Shocky1;842454659 said:

sat tonite in the 1st row behind the bears bench next to jerry, a childhood friend of coach martin & director of business operations marco harris from growing up together in the east st louis housing projects back in the day at the coors event center in boulder during the bears mentally tough victory on the road

jerry told me that coach was a way too tall catcher in junior league baseball & that he would trash talk (but with zero profanity) to the hitters the entire game...young cuonzo would relentlessly say stuff like "this guy got no bat, he's gonna strike out again" to jerry every time he was batting

he also told me that everyone respected & feared coach martin's mom sandra, she raised her kids with love & discipline...jerry told me getting on the wrong side of ms sandra was not a smart move

life lessons#

"i'm front east saint louis, everything is a bonus to me"
-coach martin

the hole#
OdontoBear66
Shocky1;842572083 said:

odonto, if coach martin & the hardworking staff hadn't just recruited the #1 class in the history of cal basketball i would 100% agree with your concerns...with only 2 available schollys available at this time for 2016, the staff is very carefully trying to find the best fits (including academic profiles) for the program, they can afford to be selective...cal's touch the sky class (2017) will be a larger group of guys & significant relationships are continuing to be built with key elite targeted student athletes & their families

the successfully targeted & recruited 2015 class is intended to forever change the trajectory of the cal basketball program, to compete for national championships with high character true student athletes at the #1 public university in the world...coach martin & the staff are not interested in dumb azzs...these guys are elite immediate impact blue chippers with academic ambition, they are all truly diamonds in ways that extend far beyond playing basketball on a basketball court with a basketball...basketball does not define these diamonds

*****stephen domingo, #35 ranked player in the 2013 class

*****roman davis, top 150 player in the 2015 class

*****leo nikolayevich tolstoy, a late emerging 5 star euro recruit with an actionable offer from the cal staff...leo has got a 4.38 gpa & is considered a strong cal fit in that he is considered the considered the greatest writer ever in russian literature by rivals & scout...his significant production is tempered by his preference for making non violent resistance statements & questioning authority during time outs...lacks lateral mobility & is not a strong on ball defender primairly because he is dead...loves berkeley & is considered a cal lean by 24/7...jeff goodman is tweeting that tolstoy thinks "tucson is a dump"

*****jaylen brown, #1/#2 ranked player in the 2015 class
[IMG]https://nbccollegebasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwi5ztbkmtm4 mjdjmwviyjg3ogjjytdmnwm3mzhmzgrm.jpeg" />[/IMG]

*****ivan rabb, #1 ranked (prior to a minor summertime injury) player in the 2015 class

*****brandon mccartney aka lil b, a local berkeley product is known for runnin' his mouth & deadly curses...strong chemistry with jaylen brown but also a defensive liability as brandon chacuca has posted him up/abused him on the aau circuit in iso sets
[video=youtube;eU5PVFjsQG8][/video]

true california golden bears fans will be celebrating the magic of haas with their season tix(s) as them diamonds integrate with the hungry returning nucleus of guys...noted donuts expert sean miller said it best: "cal can win the national championship"

shine bright#

That being the case, then who are our two targets. I like putting it out there and if we get them we puff our collective chests, if not we grimace. But what I see is numbers in the prospects like we are throwing a net and then hoping for a fit. I think we were disappointed when we didn't get Johnson, No? You seem to suggest that if not, someone else.
Shocky1
there are discussions re: potentially blueshirting roman davis to allow him to develop the necessary s&c strength to allow him to compete for playing time in 2017...given the unprecedented talent in berkeley this season that would make sense giving roman a full 4 years to make his mark with the bears

during the practices i've watched davis has fearlessly attacked the basket against a hard azz jaylen brown & relentlessly battled on the boards...to be honest with you his mental harddrive is special but given that he's a coach hufnagel recruit, nobody should be surprised by roman's mental toughness & athletic upside

love the comment by roman in the video above that basically that all the hard work & "the parties he didn't go to" paid off with an offer from his dream school, the #1 ranked public university in the world

sometimes you gotta go thru something to get something

[video=youtube;zMbUrEQtdU0][/video]

this is cal basketball#
Shocky1
OdontoBear66;842572211 said:

That being the case, then who are our two targets. I like putting it out there and if we get them we puff our collective chests, if not we grimace. But what I see is numbers in the prospects like we are throwing a net and then hoping for a fit. I think we were disappointed when we didn't get Johnson, No? You seem to suggest that if not, someone else.

odonto, you might consider spending less time worrying why the staff isn't gonna sign 6-7 players in the 2016 class when there's only 2 available schollys at this time & more time strategizing on how you're gonna get season tix(s) to your palace haas pavilion & sharing in person the magic of cal basketball

let's do this, baby

friday november 13, 2015=epic opening nite of cal's diamonds are forever class (2015)
First Page Last Page
Page 231 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.