cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,264,441 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom;842596272 said:

I seriously worry about your mental state.
Your messaging sucks.
You are a grown man with a teenager's brain.
You are pompous and prone to wild exaggeration.
You flip-flop on individuals and on issues.
Your sense of humor is immature.
Why do you spew the negative crap out there that you do?

why weren't you accepted at cal?

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world
concordtom
Shocky1;842596305 said:

why weren't you accepted at cal?

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

Need not apply. Did not apply.
What's your excuse?
Shocky1
concordtom;842596373 said:

Need not apply. Did not apply.
What's your excuse?

one of the remarkable characteristics of cal grads is a tolerance & appreciation of those with vastly different points of view
concordtom
So, I trust you've caught this once or twice at least?
What's your take?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/sherlock/

(unrelated friendly question standing on it's own merit)
Shocky1
concordtom;842596383 said:

So, I trust you've caught this once or twice at least?
What's your take?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/sherlock/

(unrelated friendly question standing on it's own merit)

that's no buneo, i'd like to think of sherlock as a curvy brunette yoga female

Shocky1

the magic of cal basketball#
ondal

is that you?
Shocky1
ondal;842596470 said:

is that you?

i dunno, kinda hope i don't look like a box with an x in the middle of it
Shocky1

left to right, tyrone "senior leadership" wallace, ivan "just win baby" rabb & jabari "the defender" bird

some nights the shots just don't go in, that's basketball

despite missing 20 3 pointers (3-23) & 12 free throws (19-31) the bears competed on a kinda off nite and came away with the victory and make no mistake about it, that's a beautiful thing

tyrone attacked the basket & kept the guys calm when things weren't bouncing the bears way along with 20 points, t-wall will improve upon the only 2 assists to 5 turnovers next game

young ivee relentlessly worked the boards for 13 fiercely contested rebounds along with 14 points on an efficient 5-7 fgs., he will continue to demand the ball more down in the block

bird jr played arguably his most complete defensive game while at cal battling on every possession, jabari's mindset is clearly stronger than it was his first 2 years at cal...10 points on 5-8 fgs & just as importantly 6 boards speaks to jb's continued growth as a complete player in all facets of the game

it should also be mentioned that stephen domingo provided a defensive spark off the bench & that sam singer's entry pass early in the game to rabb was a work of art and suitable for framng

east carolina is gonna win some games this season, they are physical zone (mini syracuse) defenders that offensively were disciplined & good shooters...the pirates were a formidable test for the bears

to be honest with you, the bears seemed kinda uptight and tense during warmups, not as much smiling, talking or joking with each other as usual...it will be important for our staff to keep the guys loose particularly as expectations for this team continue to grow...let's just have fun kinda like little kids playing basketball on the playground with their friends, that's really all this is about at the end of the day

it seems volumes re: the potential of this team that they can still will games vs quality opponents even when not firing on all cylinders

laugh a little#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;WYr29JsWXBo][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;6hFQJXO8KPo][/video]
mikecohen
Shocky1;842596616 said:

[video=youtube;6hFQJXO8KPo][/video]

Tyrone: Please, never say "You know" again.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan Rabb[/COLOR] with the MONSTER double-double

14 pts (5-7 including two dunks), 13 boards, and FIVE blocks and 2 assists[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]That's a lot of firepower walking on the court in Cal uniforms
missing these games is missing a real opportunity to watch super talent and athleticism [/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]2018 super ballhandler/passer [COLOR="#0000CD"]Elijah Hardy[/COLOR] (with a Bishop O'Dowd teammate) was in the Haas tonight watching his former teammate and the California Bears beat a long and athletic Eastern Carolina team

Elijah should be a top recruiting target for the Bears[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842594709 said:

https://vimeo.com/45797764
left to right, richard midgley, the shockster & lou richie
bears at haas#

congrats to head coach richard midgley on his modesto christian crusaders being recognized as #1 in northern california per the cal hi sports preseason rankings
http://www.modbee.com/sports/high-school/article45693975.html
ccajon
petalumabear;842596164 said:

ECU is a solid team... but not as solid as the lame ass Stanfurd team that choked the chicken against SMU last night. Amazing to think that a school as prestigious as Stanfurd has a 1 year Grad program.... who'd a thunk it?
I know who chooses to ignore the facts however....

Furds are going to be the team that hurts conferance rpi this year: next blowout losses St. Marys and @ Villanova.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842582703 said:

team: utah utes

shockster 2015/2016 pac prediction: 3rd place

coach: larry "special k" krystkowiak

what you need to know about krystkowiak: when coach krystkowiak arrived in freezing azz salt lake city the utes were 6-25 in 2011...special k turned around the program by running off all the guys who didn't wanna go to class every day...the 2013 21-11 utah team had 5 guys on the pac 12 all academic team, the most for any team in the pac 12

special k gets it, men take care of their business...discipline starts in the classroom and the s&c program creating a solid foundation for success on the basketball court...sure, utah is an academically mediocre school (kinda more challenging than santa monica community college) but it's very clear that krystkowiak expects his student athletes to work towards earning a diploma...for guys like jayce johnson who want a homogenous student population in a non diverse environment at an academically mediocre school, utah is a logical choice based upon those values

what up in salt lake city?: replacing team leader delon wright (14.5 ppg, 5.1 apg & 4.9 rpg with an insane 50.9 fg% isn't gonna happen...watching the utes from the 1st row behind the cal bench at the huntsman center it was very clear that he was the catalyst/emotional leader for his team, wright facilitated the offensive run & he set the tone for the utes suffocating d intensity

but almost everyone else returns including brandon taylor (10.6 ppg & 3.6 apg), jordan loveridge (10.0 ppg & 3.9 apg) & the best returning big in the pac 12 austrian & former silent commit jakob poeltl (9.1 ppg & 6.8 rpg) with a deep bench & a talented incoming freshmen class

what this means for the bears: there are 4 pac 12 teams that could be ranked in the top 20 nationally next season, the road trip to salt lake city & boulder is gonna be very challenging for the bears

utah got blown away in a hurricane 90-66 by miami in san juan puerto rico

future nba 1st round jakob poeltl (16 points & 6 boards) & jordan loveridge (18 points & only 1 board) are solid but brandon taylor (1 assist) is currently struggling to facilitate the utes offense

utah is still a very dangerous team but they are definitely gonna miss justin labagh's city college of san francisco's delon wright this season
watermelon
good lord shocky, that female looking blue shirt you were wearing last night is hideous. do us all a favor and take that thing to good will, or at least never wear it in public.

And I was sitting behind you and your head was blocking my view, and I was thinking, that shocky is a tall guy. But then I realized you were standing up. Holy crap, now I get you. You have Napoleon complex. lolololol
HoopDreams
[SIZE=7][FONT=Impact][COLOR="#0000CD"]BIG GAME[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

prospeCt
watermelon;842596734 said:

it['s] complex

[video=youtube;c9XEkDquXao][/video]

:bear::bear::bear::Lindsay
Shocky1
watermelon;842596734 said:

good lord shocky, that female looking blue shirt you were wearing last night is hideous. do us all a favor and take that thing to good will, or at least never wear it in public.

And I was sitting behind you and your head was blocking my view, and I was thinking, that shocky is a tall guy. But then I realized you were standing up. Holy crap, now I get you. You have Napoleon complex. lolololol

what up watermelon?...you don't like my vilebrequin linen dress shirt that shay & taylor picked out with me at their paris flagship store?...man, is it asking too much to keep your diamonds up?

shine bright#
Shocky1
califortunate (who is always fun to talk to along with his stylish wife laura) introduced me to phil mathews, the former head coach at taylor's dream school the university of san francisco) at halftime

phil told me that jordan is majoring in legal studies & that he's interested at this time in running a company someday but that he also thinks his son would be an insightful television basketball broadcaster with his knowledge of the game...jordan is very articulate & definitely got a mouth on him that's for sure, he's got an unlimited future

congragulated phil on jonah recently signing with the trojans, phil told me that the usc campus is only 10-15 minutes from their home

ondal
Shocky1;842596600 said:

i dunno, kinda hope i don't look like a box with an x in the middle of it

this:

Shocky1
Shocky1;842590693 said:

the bears will be traveling to the islands for the maui invitational november 20-22 of 2017

aloha#

2017 maui invitational teams will include host chaminade, lsu, vcu, michigan, marquette, notre dame, wichita state & them california golden bears
Shocky1
Shocky1;842529201 said:

the fashion police: what not to wear

sammy, what up with the cal basketball shorts at the beach?

roman, wearing a high school prom cummerbund around the waist is a beach fashion nightmare, you might not know how to speak australian but that outfit is speaking volumes in any language

jaylen rockin' the stylish tapered trunks with the simple drawstring & the clean shades, no wonder them curvy brunette yoga girls wanna talk to you

huf, are you gonna audition for jersey boys with the accessorized gold chain?...where's paulie?

ivan, not sure that foot locker beachwear is working for you the same way you work around the basket

shut up, shocky#

after this fashion beachware fiasco in australia, sure hoping this problem gets resolved before the bears travel to maui in 2017
HoopDreams

Shocky1
Shocky1;842584731 said:

oregon basketball update: former ducks basketball player/rapist brandon austin has filed a $7.5 million dollar against the university of oregon:
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2015/10/dismissed_basketball_player_br.html

criminal dana altman has continually lied to authorities that he did not know that austin had raped a providence female student when he recruited him to transfer to oregon...there is literally nobody on earth who believes that the head coach of the university of oregon & its vast resources would not know that a player he's luring to eugene raped a providence student

then austin got to eugene & repeatedly raped an oregon female student with 2 of his teammates

the oregon victim filed a lawsuit against altman which was settled out of court with a significant undisclosed settlement

if you don't think dana altman is a piece of ****, your just not playing attention (or you're a ducks fan)

this is oregon basketball#

the oregon basketball program is an undefeated 3-0 this season & morally bankrupt in every imaginable way
Shocky1
[video=youtube;BwWy4siXGLE][/video]

strengths#:cheer:cheer
Shocky1
[video=youtube;OPfaxybwIoc][/video]

weaknesses#:headbang
GBMARIN
Tough act being in the Bay with Curry on display.
parentswerebears
GBMARIN;842598457 said:

Tough act being in the Bay with Curry on display.

Hopefully people are smart enough to recognize that the NBAs best PRO team which is fully dedicated to the aim of winning against the best players in the world and a college team that is at best part time and whose goals are split (both academic and athletic) are different and that the same results should not be expected. Sometimes I wonder if people really are that smart.

Enjoy the college game for what it is, please.
petalumabear

Who the hell does the jack hole think he is? Robin Hood.... what a stupid look. befitting I suppose.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842594142 said:

visited with women's head coach lindsay gottlieb who was in the haas tonite along with her tightly bonded team & miramonte high school's sabrina ionescu who drove the 15 minutes from home with her siblings to berkeley for an unofficial visit

as the #4 ranked player in the 2016 class sabrina is quite literally the final necessary piece of the puzzle for the bears to return to the final four during the next several seasons...cal upset #8 ranked louisville on the road in front of 16,000+ loud fans sunday, the bears got a bright future but ionescu is the pivotal key to an unlimited future, she is the elite guard that the coach gottlieb need to compete with connecticut for a potential future national championship(s)

yeah, sabrina was smiling a lot tonite at haas

https://vimeo.com/45797764

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including walnut creek)

history in the making?#

in watching head coach lindsay gottlieb's bears gallop by them san louis obispo mustangs 82-57 this afternoon at haas pavilion, it's very clear that sabrina ionescu is the final missing piece of the puzzle for cal to compete with connecticut for potential future national championship(s)

the bears are led by one of ivan rabb's best friends from their time back in the day at oakland's montera middle school asha thomas who facilitated/distributed the ball which resulted in a women's program record setting 14 3 pointers (they looked like jabari & jordan last november at madison square garden) en route to 5 assists along with 19 points on an efficient 7-11 fgs & 4-6 3 pointers...i dunno maybe asha could split time with the men's team to ensure that her young ivee gets fed too

sabrina, the bears don't got any seniors on the team, everybody is gonna return next season and there's only 1 rotation playing junior in courtney range...the bears are gonna win a lot of games & if you decide to compete athletically and academically as a california golden bears you & your future teammates could be the last team standing in the ncca women's championship tournament

just think about it

dream big#
Shocky1
my favorite cal women's basketball player is new zealander penina davidson

do you ever look at someone you don't really know but you're pretty sure that you're somehow related, that's how i view penina pretty sure we're related somewhere on the family tree

davidson has worked her azz off with the s&c program & now the highly skilled shooter & passer can physically compete as potentially the best 6th player in the pac 12...coach gottlieb has her work cut out for her in developing a critical 7th (and ideally 8th) player for her rotation to ensure the bears don't wear down during the long season with their physically demanding full court press, cal will not be able to compete in ncca tournament with only a 6 player rotation

yeah, if you told me penina with her exotic looks is a mutt like me, i would believe you...how bizarre

First Page Last Page
Page 245 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.