cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,264,102 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
socaltownie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HoopDreams;842637845 said:

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Jaylen Brown[/COLOR], the backup...
...backup PG, with 7 assists

and he also made plays all over the court and forced the entire Arizona defense to try to stop him

and how about those two blocks!?!!!![/SIZE]

He is superman. The Pac-12 Refs are occasionally kryponite but otherwise he is unstoppable.
CalEnviroLaw
socaltownie;842637852 said:

He is superman. The Pac-12 Refs are occasionally kryponite but otherwise he is unstoppable.

That volleyball spike block on York was outrageous. Robbed some of the dude's confidence.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Kam Rooks[/COLOR] breaking out
Today he did a great job defending AZ's multiple bigs...and also put up good numbers:

SEVEN rebounds, 2-3 shooting, 2 steals and a block[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]He's was a big reason why Cal held Arizona way below their scoring average[/SIZE]

south bender
HoopDreams;842637869 said:

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Kam Rooks[/COLOR] breaking out
Today he did a great job defending AZ's multiple bigs...and also put up good numbers:

SEVEN rebounds, 2-3 shooting, 2 steals and a block[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]He's was a big reason why Cal held Arizona way below their scoring average[/SIZE]

Great post, HD! Just one of the many you have made!

Go Bears!
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Cal fans with the assist
and very cool banner[/SIZE]

BearsObserver
BearsObserver
Ira Lee and Jordan Brown ...

BearBackerinLA;842637900 said:

Shocky1
Shocky1;842637217 said:

on march 5, 2015 sean miller left his starters late in the game as he intentionally tried to roll up the score (score 100 points & beat cal by 40+ points) in tucson in an effort to serve notice to then recruit ivan rabb that cal was a ******* 2nd rate basketball program...the wildcats beat the bears 99-60 as a result of miller's transparent actions to disrespect the bears...i looked the cal players & staff players in their eyes as they left the court that nite and smiled

then the overmatched bears met the wildcats in the pac 12 tournament and seniors dwight tarwater, christian behrens & david kravish physically knocked the **** out of their opponents in a bloody losing battle, there was no hanging of heads in the locker room, guys left their hearts on the court

and now almost a year later young ivee is wearing a californa golden bears uniform at the #1 ranked public university in the world & the academically mediocre (95%+ acceptance rate) school from pima county is coming to haas pavilion

and yeah, sean miller is not only the chunky donut boy from tuscon but he's also created a galaxy of bad karma that even my yoga practice can't save him from

this **** is getting live

karma (saturday nite at haas)#

sean miller was on the losing end of bad karma tonite in an evening for the ages at haas pavillon

Shocky1
[video=youtube;xA1uIgWLGyQ][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;wnjFdACMrxY][/video]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][FONT=Arial Black]"guys grew up"[/FONT][/SIZE]

[video=youtube;4uEK6QJIOI0][/video]
Shocky1

left to right, jaylen "downward dog" brown, ivan "oaktown" rabb, sam "the raider" singer, kameron "whose your daddy?" rooks, jabari "let it fly" bird & jordan "creasy #24" mathews

tonite was an epic nite for the ages that won't be forgotten by the 11,858 fans that crowded into haas pavilion, this is yet another step on a very long journey that began with cal's monster class (2013) & that is continuing on its current upward trajectory with cal's diamonds are forever class (2015)

it's fun to share the magic of cal basketball with those that you love (that would be you, taylor) & those that share the vision, a vision of the future of cal basketball that got big dreams...spoke tonite with my idol community leader lou richie, the aquatic missy franklin, the ageless joe kapp & the serene bob melvin while from further afar noticed the energy of tyson jolly (cal's current 2016 commit on an official visit to berkeley) along with jordan brown (top 5 player in the 2018 class) & ira lee (key bears recruiting target priority for 2017)

the bears played with tremendous heart & passion, mistakes are part of the game, you gotta learn from them & move forward...i'm gonna apologize to my favorite ref (he doesn't want to hear me for 40 minutes make every call for him) next time i see him, that's just the smart thing to do

jaylen brown practiced at the point this summer but not recently...this morning during the walk thru, the decision was made to play him at the point to exploit certain matchups & also get the ball in his hands at the end of game which in the past has been the responsibility of t-wall...this is a creative & successful gameday adaptive strategy, congrats to coach martin & his relentlessly hard working staff

yeah, we (including the cal football team & recruits on this big recruiting weekend) all stormed the floor after the buzzer meeting up at center court, sorry gordon but let's be real here

this **** is getting live

diamonds are forever#
Shocky1
taylor & her dumb azz dad celebrating the magic of cal basketball

where were you tonite?...are you gonna be in the haas on saturday february 6th at 1:00 pm when cal hosts stanford?...can we come together to sell out our haas again?

illuminari (shine bright)#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842637454 said:

advice to gabe york

do not **** wit jordan mathews

creasy forever #24#

chased gabe york all nite like he was a narco cartel kidnapper of the innocent

offensively scored 28 ******* points on 10-17 fgs & 6-12 3 pointers along with 3 boards, 2 assists & a steal and only 1 turnover

yeah, creasy was in the haas tonite

going home#
ecb
Shocky1;842637926 said:

taylor & her dumb azz dad celebrating the magic of cal basketball

where were you tonite?...are you gonna be in the haas on saturday february 6th at 1:00 pm when cal hosts stanford?...can we come together to sell out our haas again?

illuminari (shine bright)#

Recruits like stuff like gold outs. Why don't you participate?
concordtom
ecb;842637951 said:

Recruits like stuff like gold outs. Why don't you participate?

Contrasting colors stand out. Gotta be able to pick him out on tv or in stills.
Shocky1
ucla (12-8/3-4) continues to not play defense for steve alford as the bruins play candy azz soft 86-72 in losing to criminal dana altman's oregon (16-4/5-2) non student athletes that will eventually leave oregon without a degree & then work as a nite shift supervisor at the truck stop in medford & marry a lot lizard before dying of too many stds

the pac 12's best player you've never heard of george king scored 22 points as colorado (15-5/4-3) got an important road win 75-70 over washington state (9-10/1-6) in pullman

what happens when academically ambitious student athletes play a bunch of dumb azzs?...asu (11-9/1-6) almost pulls off the road upset 75-73 in palo alto against stanford (11-7/4-3)

wyoming (10-11) goes down to boise state 81-71 in laramie, wonder if coach shyatt thinks the broncos are dirty

st marys (17-2) got another rpi bolstering win 89-74 at the gaels tiny crack house in moraga (don't do it, marco, they don't got enough seats for our fans)
south bender
Shocky1;842637977 said:

ucla (12-8/3-4) continues to not play defense for steve alford as the bruins play candy azz soft 86-72 in losing to criminal dana altman's oregon (16-4/5-2) non student athletes that will eventually leave oregon without a degree & then work as a nite shift supervisor at the truck stop in medford & marry a lot lizard before dying of too many stds

the pac 12's best player you've never heard of george king scored 22 points as colorado (15-5/4-3) got an important road win 75-70 over washington state (9-10/1-6) in pullman

what happens when academically ambitious student athletes play a bunch of dumb azzs?...asu (11-9/1-6) almost pulls off the road upset 75-73 in palo alto against stanford (11-7/4-3)

wyoming (10-11) goes down to boise state 81-71 in laramie, wonder if coach shyatt thinks the broncos are dirty

st marys (17-2) got another rpi bolstering win 89-74 at the gaels tiny crack house in moraga (don't do it, marco, they don't got enough seats for our fans)

Shocky, for a guy who can't stop bragging about how smart and wonderful he is, may I point out your disdain for people doing low paying jobs and students at schools with less stringent entrance requirements is pathetic?

Given your involvement in yoga, a spiritual discipline in essence, don't you ever try to reflect on your unethical attacks on people less fortunate than you?

Go Bears!
Shocky1
arizona assistant coach & former cal assistant joe pasternack, the jorge kicker, is emerging as potentially the front runner for the unlv head coaching position (dave rice got fired)

unlv president len jessup is leading the coaching search & knows pasternack from his 2011-2014 days as the dean of arizona's worldwide academically acclaimed eller college of management (almost nobody with a high school gpa under 2.4 is ever admitted into this program unless they can read books & **** like that)

this could be yet another fissure to the arizona basketball program as pasternack (who ran the oakland solider pipelining of talent down to tucson prior to young ivee) is the lead recruiter for the 2016's top player josh jackson of prolific prep who is deciding between arizona & michigan state (jackson is from michigan)

the dunkin' donut boy of tucson is losing 4 (zeus, york, allen, tollefsen) of his currently playing top 6 players & is relying upon pasternack to bringing in an infusion of new talent

if jessup hires pasternack, the gap between cal & arizona is gonna continue to narrow & let's be real here, from pasternack's perspective there are no academic barriers at either unlv or arizona with their 95%+ acceptance rates

the house that lute built is teetering in the desert winds#
Shocky1
south bender;842637992 said:

Shocky, for a guy who can't stop bragging about how smart and wonderful he is, may I point out your disdain for people doing low paying jobs and students at schools with less stringent entrance requirements is pathetic?

Given your involvement in yoga, a spiritual discipline in essence, don't you ever try to reflect on your unethical attacks on people less fortunate than you?

Go Bears!

academic ambition is a personal choice

many highly rated basketball prospects don't value schoolwork because they myopically think they're gonna be minted in the nba, for 99.9%+ of them that's never gonna happen...and there will be major life consequences for many of them down the road, today's fiercely competitive global economy does not favor those that are not well educated

cal's monster class is intended (among other things) to encourage cal's prospective future student athletes to become mentally limitless & earn college degrees

i got no sympathy for people who blame others for their misfortune in life, fake models who exclusively watch cal basketball on tv instead of haas pavilion, litterbugs & those that don't help them rescue dogs

namastae#
socaltownie
Shocky1;842638011 said:

many highly rated basketball prospects don't value schoolwork because they myopically think they're gonna be minted in the nba, for 99.9%+ of them that's never gonna happen...and there will be major life consequences for many of them down the road, today's fiercely competitive global economy does not favor those that are not well educated

cal's monster class is intended (among other things) to encourage cal's prospective future student athletes to become mentally limitless & earn college degrees

i got no sympathy for people who blame others for their misfortune in life, fake models who exclusively watch cal basketball on tv instead of haas pavilion, litterbugs & those that don't help them rescue dogs

namastae#[/QUOTE

OK

1) I agree completely that don't be a Dumb Azz and think that your tix to NBA is punched just because you dominated Junior HS AAU
2) I also agree that a highly competitive global economy requires at LEAST a college degree
3) I also agree that schools "slot" you for particular labor markets
4) But where I part ways is that a BA from Woe-be-gon is making you a truck stop manager. What it LIKELY does is slot you into the Oregon labor force. What degrees from Cal do is allow you to pursue dreams all over the country and in highly competitive fortune 1000 companies. Not everyone wants to do that. But if you do, that is the difference

(Said by looking at the THOUSANDS of SDSU grads sprinkled throughout the upper echelons of San Diego's economy/government/non-profit landscape)

PS. And not to make this a Marcus Lee thread but that is why I was frustrated with their decision. It is hard for me to believe that a California kid really "gets" Kentucky/upper south and would really wish to try to make their way in that labor market. Take your skills to UCLA, Duke, even USC or U of A but I am sad for the young man to be saddled with a Kentucky BA and be looking at trying to thrive in places like Lexington or even Cincinnati.
ddc_Cal
Brown had so much time, he could have just grabbed the ball and gotten the turnover rather than knocking it out of bounds.
Bill Russell would counsel him about that. Brown is one of those special athletes who could process that situation, maybe with practice.

CalEnviroLaw;842637863 said:

That volleyball spike block on York was outrageous. Robbed some of the dude's confidence.
south bender
ddc_Cal;842638027 said:

Brown had so much time, he could have just grabbed the ball and gotten the turnover rather than knocking it out of bounds.
Bill Russell would counsel him about that. Brown is one of those special athletes who could process that situation, maybe with practice.

What you point out is exactly what I was saying to my son.
CalEnviroLaw
socaltownie;842638026 said:

Shocky1;842638011 said:

namastae#[/QUOTE

OK

1) I agree completely that don't be a Dumb Azz and think that your tix to NBA is punched just because you dominated Junior HS AAU
2) I also agree that a highly competitive global economy requires at LEAST a college degree
3) I also agree that schools "slot" you for particular labor markets
4) But where I part ways is that a BA from Woe-be-gon is making you a truck stop manager. What it LIKELY does is slot you into the Oregon labor force. What degrees from Cal do is allow you to pursue dreams all over the country and in highly competitive fortune 1000 companies. Not everyone wants to do that. But if you do, that is the difference

(Said by looking at the THOUSANDS of SDSU grads sprinkled throughout the upper echelons of San Diego's economy/government/non-profit landscape)

PS. And not to make this a Marcus Lee thread but that is why I was frustrated with their decision. It is hard for me to believe that a California kid really "gets" Kentucky/upper south and would really wish to try to make their way in that labor market. Take your skills to UCLA, Duke, even USC or U of A but I am sad for the young man to be saddled with a Kentucky BA and be looking at trying to thrive in places like Lexington or even Cincinnati.

Exactly.
HoopDreams
the play was not about the possession
the play was about momentum and emotion
Jaylen had just made a mistake, and that play could have been a 4 point swing (Cal turnover leading to a AZ layup)
instead of hanging his head after his mistake and allowing AZ to grab the momentum, Brown made a statement block that kept the mojo/confidence with the Cal team, and erupted the Cal fans

ddc_Cal;842638027 said:

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]we are witnessing the growth of one of the best basketball players on the planet[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]and yeah... I'm Loving It[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]VOTE FOR JORDAN MATHEWS (currently in the lead) on ESPN Impact Player[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]nice cameo Shocky[/SIZE]
Shocky1
when i took my daughter taylor to a cal game 2 years ago it was more about the excitement of visiting san francisco than the outcome of the game...but now a dozen+ games & events later getting to know some of the players taylor is crying tears tonite, she cannot believe that her adored california golden bears lost to utah, why did this have to happen?...and she wants to punch the annoying utes fan dressed like an overweight drunk red tomato who sat next to her who apparently kept asking her "you should really be stressed out right now"

life is not linear, sometimes the journey we're on has tragic side shows that break our hearts

love you, sweetie, let's do this (and help others along the way), the sun will rise tomorrow

the magic of cal basketball (share it with those that you love)#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]That together we attack banner and TheBench was awesome...[/SIZE]
sorry, can't link video or tweet directly

[SIZE=6][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842634888 said:

future mcdonalds all american true student athlete with a 3.8 gpa jordan brown scored 21 points as his woodcreek timberwolves got locked up at the rescue shelter 61-48 by them folsom bulldogs behind one time cal recruit/st marys signee jordan ford's 25 points

cal's started at the bottom class (2018) is focusing upon jb, dude has ivan rabb type skills

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (and close enough driving distance from roseville for moms & dad on gameday)

it's 30 minutes after cal's thrilling victory over arizona & most of the fans, band & cheerleaders have gone home...sean miller is eating a maple bar with fuschia sprinkles on the bus ride back to the airport...and jordan brown along with his mom & dad are doing the hang with the cal coaches & some of the players by the bears bench, everybody is smiling while they talk

this is jordan's 3rd unofficial visit to cal along with a sunday practice before the australia trip & a football game at memorial stadium this fall

the next young ivee#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842635315 said:

cal recruiting high priority target top 50 player in the 2017 class 6'7" 220 lbs ira lee is now playing for the elite prolific team in napa

cal's touch the sky class (2017)#

ira lee also in the haas last nite doing the hang with his former usa teammate jordan brown

ira's got a family car so hopefully he will catch another cal game or two this season

napa to berkeley#
HoopDreams
Shocky1;842638205 said:

it's 30 minutes after cal's thrilling victory over arizona & most of the fans, band & cheerleaders have gone home...sean miller is eating a maple bar with fuschia sprinkles on the bus ride back to the airport...and jordan brown along with his mom & dad are doing the hang with the cal coaches & some of the players by the bears bench, everybody is smiling while they talk

this is jordan's 3rd unofficial visit to cal along with a sunday practice before the australia trip & a football game at memorial stadium this fall

---

ira lee also in the haas last nite doing the hang with his former usa teammate jordan brown

ira's got a family car so hopefully he will catch another cal game or two this season

[SIZE=5][FONT=Arial Black]In The Haas[/FONT][/SIZE]
ecb
Shocky1;842638158 said:

more importantly, do you see that taylor & her dumb azz dad are holding hands?

we did that during the final minute for good luck (and probably also to keep me from stormin' the floor too early)...cal basketball is not stressful, it's a celebration of life and i am blessed every day of my life to see my feet when i wake up... living in a settlement in cape town with no education, no job & 5 hungry children is real stress

love you, sweetie, let's do this (and help others along the way)

the magic of cal basketball (share it with those that you love)#

More importantly why didn't you join her in wearing the gold shirt?
BearsObserver

ecb;842638228 said:

More importantly why didn't you join her in wearing the gold shirt?
petalumabear
concordtom;842637971 said:

Contrasting colors stand out. Gotta be able to pick him out on tv or in stills.

Not buying it Tom. Narcissism is an insidious illness.
First Page Last Page
Page 271 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.