cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,261,922 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842638893 said:

big disappointment for the donut boy of tucson as talented 6'10" australian star harry frolling picks smu (2 sisters play for the mustangs women's team) over arizona

the wildcats will lose bigs zeus, ryan anderson & mark tollefsen after this season...dusan ristic got upside but rail thin chance comanche is unproven while incoming 6'10" lauri markkanen from finland is only 200+ lbs plus he's got a girl's name

with gabe york & kadeem allen definitely also gone while allonzo trier (not a true student athlete in any sense of the word, may leave school after this season) & top recruiter joe pasternack (arguably the leading candidate for the unlv head coach position) are already packing their bags that doesn't leave much talent in pima county other than pothead elliott pitts & leader parker jackson-cartwright who was suspended as a senior at loyola high school for cheating in school

no wonder coach is downing them dunkin' donut variety boxes, he's multiple that way

nobody wants to be in bitch ugly azz tucson...i dunno maybe chunky arizona homer jeff goodman still got some eligibility but good luck getting him out dirtbags when's he's putting away another diabetic inducing deluxe cheeseburger with fries & onion rings

tuscon is a dump#

update: the donut boy of tucson got into it with zeus last night on the bench during the wildcats loss to the ducks at mckale center, yeah public berating your players because they ate a couple of your dunkin' donuts maple fudge bars with fuschia sprinkles is a great way to build trust with your players

if you don't think the arizona basketball program is continuing to slowly fall apart, you aren't paying attention...and it's happening in a real ugly way too

the house that lute & jay john built continues to shake in the desert winds

no grace under pressure#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842521621 said:

jeff goodman is reporting that the emotionally distraught arizona head coach had the following paranoid conversation with his pool guy trevor (an arizona grad) this morning at his catalina foothils home (which is at the end of a cul de sac of a mediocre cartball course):

trevor the pool guy: "mr miller, would you like me to sweep the pool steps today?"

sean miller (putting down the 2 glazed with sprinkles donuts he's eating for breakfast along with a zero coke): "what the **** are you talking about?...you think we lose twice to wisconsin and now cal is gonna sweep us next season?...quit ******* with me"

trevor: "mr miller, all i'm saying is..."

sean: "look pal, i'm know exactly what you're saying, do you think i'm ******* stupid?...that cal and that bald azz coach is gonna be the new alpha dog in the pac 12...trust me, i hear exactly what you're saying...if you don't like cleaning my pool, you should get the **** out of here and go clean the pools at asu"

josh gershon is now reporting the following tense arizona staff meeting from the bowels of mckale this morning:

sean: "what's going on with you ugly dumb azz clowns?...did you watch the mcdonalds game, allonzo trier jacked up 20 shots, what's up with that?"

joe: "coach, i think..."

sean: "shut the **** up, joe, don't talk unless i ask you to talk, ok?...you're the dumb azz who told me to jettison tyler dorsey and his little league dad for trier...if i wanted a guard to jack up a million lousy shots a game we could've kept td"

damon: "coach, what does jettison mean?"

sean: "shut the **** up, damon...you really are stupid, where did you go to college?"

silence in the room

sean: "look, all i ask is that you dumb azz bitches get me 3-4 basketball players a year that all they wanna to do is play basketball with a basketball on the basketball floor, is that asking for too much?...it's not like cal or stanford where you gotta find guys that can actually read and **** like that"

sean scarfs down the final chocolate glazed donut with fuchsia sprinkles from the double sized box

sean: "if that bald azz guy in berkeley gets his program ahead of my program next season, you sorry broken down candy azz soft clowns are gonna be busing tables at the applebees on craycroft"

miller storms out of the room & the door slams closed

damon (shaking his head): "you got yours printed up?"

joe: "yeah, i'm a step ahead, mine will be ready at kinkos at 5:30 pm today"

sean miller needs a yoga practice#

********************************************************************************

jason scheer is reporting that tucson is a dump & that sean miller had the following heated conversation at his catalina foothills home (on a mediocre golf course for chunky monkey cartballers):

amy miller: "come on sean, put down the maple glazed donuts and come swim with me and the kids"

sean miller (looking at his bloated belly while taking a couple more bites): "that doesn't sound like any fun"

amy: "sweetie, things aren't that bad, didn't you out recruit cal for one guy this year?"

sean: "are you ******* kidding?...mark ******* tollefsen?

amy: "fine, throw a pity party for yourself"

sean: "trust me, i will"

sean (petting his dog lute on the head): "lute, you're really my only friend, how do you think next season is gonna be vs cal?"

lute (wagging his tail): "ruf"

**********************************************************************************

adam schimdt is tweeting he overheard the following angry interaction from the bowels of mckale this morning:

athletic director greg bryne: "sean, gotta be honest here, i'm a little more than worried about your stress levels and behavior these days, you're cursing at your staff daily and gaining a lot of weight...jim and arte are concerned too"

sean (wiping his mouth with his arizona golf shirt to get the red & blue sprinkles off his lips while picking up another donut): "what the **** are you talkin' about?"

greg (with a sigh): "why did damon leave for basically a lateral position at memphis?"

sean (talking with his mouth full): "who knows, who cares, him and josh always had some weird **** going on, anyways we don't need any more guys from the northwest to be successful"

greg: "do you think you'll be able to beat cal 3 times again next season?"

sean picks up the dunkin' donuts variety pack box in front of him, tucks it under his arm & walks out while slamming the door...he really, really likes them variety boxes, he's multiple that way

seasons change, people change, the balance of power in the pac 12 is changing, sean miller is never gonna change & stop eating them heart attack hand grenades, he loves them dunkin' donuts...who knew that huf is the lead singer for future islands?

***********************************************************************************

greg hansen is reporting the following private client/patient conversation between sean miller & the chair of the university medical center's psychiatric department:

sean (glumly laying down on the sofa while morosely picking the blue sprinkles off a chocolate glazed maple bar): "what up, doc?"

dr kalbearski: "sean, a lot of people are worried about you including amy, are you in a good place these days?"

sean (sarcastically): "other than the balance of power in the pac 12 shifting from tucson to berkeley, what would i be upset about?...we lost ivan rabb and jaylen brown to that bald azz guy and now not even loyal wildcats like sean rooks and steve kerr will send their kids to me"

dr kalbearski: "sean, i think it's important that you keep a balanced perspective to ensure your mental health, that you try to maintain a realistic appraisal of your current environment"

sean: "what the **** are you talkin' about?"

dr kalbearski: "tuscon is a dump"

tuscon's #1 ranked hotel, the legendary tucson inn

*************************************************************************************
eric bossi is reporting the following conversation from the dunkin' donuts on ina road this evening:

amy miller: "honey, relax, losing tj leaf isn't the end of the world, right?"

sean miller (stuffing a strawberry jam maple bar in his mouth): "are you serious, we're probably gonna lose him to ucla and them adidas shoes and that totally ***** up our chances with jaylen hands visiting this weekend, might as well just get drunk again during his visit, we got zero ******* chance now"

amy: (sipping a diet dr pepper): "kinda weird how all the arizona fans thought your being coach of the usa team would help recruiting"

sean: "our fans are around 90 years old and live in retirement communities in green valley, they don't know ****"

amy: "well at least you got to spend time with archie"

sean: "**** archie, he never shares them donuts, he's just a greedy chunky monkey"

amy: "sweetie, what's really bothering you?"

sean: "that bald azz guy in berkeley is closing the gap on our program, i'd really like to kick the crap out of that shocky guy too, he's ******* annoying"

amy: "i really wish you wouldn't swear so much around the kids & maybe you could pay more attention to us, ok?"

sean (glumly): "what?"

bear down#

sean miller publicly rips his players after last nite's loss to oregon in tucson, kinda wondering if the dunkin' donuts on ina is open that late on the drive back to the house

Shocky1

this is arizona basketball#
south bender
Shocky1;842640666 said:

the donut boy of tucson got outcoached by criminal dana altman as arizona (16-5/4-4) turned the ball over 19 times in losing 83-75 at mckale center to oregon (17-4/6-2) which had only 6 turnovers...the house that lute built continues to shake in the desert winds

asu (12-9/6-2) did a great job of defending/scheming against gary payton (2 points in 29 minutes) as the sun devils with a +15 rebounding margin upset oregon state (12-7/3-5) 86-68 in tempe

steve alford's ucla bruins (12-9/3-5) continue to play lousy defense in losing to washington (14-6/6-2) 86-84 in front of a reported 6,843 apathetic fans at pauley pavilion

usc (16-5/5-3) continues to roll with a 81-71 win over washington state (9-11/1-7) in front of a reported 4,392 fans mostly attired at empty chairs at the galen center, trojans basketball is irrelevant in los angeles

Consistent winning will change the lack of current relevance of USC basketball. To be continued...
LOUMFSG2
Shocky1;842640671 said:

sean miller publicly rips his players after last nite's loss to oregon in tucson...

For those who haven't seen the quotes:

"I've never been more down looking at a team I coached than what I just saw," he said. "Leadership, effort, togetherness, playing for the win. And right now things are going to get worse before they get better and we gotta come to grips with probably two things. One: Sean Miller's your coach and you're going to play for me and number two is you're going to play so hard you can't breathe.

"And if you can't give extraordinary effort for our basketball program, on this team, for this university, we'll put four guys out there. It all starts with that. We started this a long time ago where effort was at the top of the pyramid for us and right now it's not on the pyramid. When that drops everything else goes as well.

"No question some of it is when you get hit with some of the things we've been hit with and no one really cares, it's like you keep going out there at Arizona, like 'Hey, you just keep winning. Doesn't work that way. So we're have a quick turnaround and a really, really tough test on Saturday because we're gonna play a good team in Oregon State and because of the team we are right now a team that's really struggling to find itself. "

Miller was asked if he felt some of the Wildcats' troubles are fixable, or if the team is what it is at this point.

"I don't know," he said. "I don't know."

Even at the beginning of the game, with Arizona making its first eight shots, Miller still found himself a bit uneasy.

"We made a lot of shots. It was a torrid pace," he said. "I don't care who you are.. you're not going to continue to make every shot you take and when we didn't, we needed to get stops, we needed to be a tough defensive team and we weren't.

"We got off to a good start but it's a 40-minute game. Some of the shots we made had very little to do with our offense. As Oregon gets a better feel for what you're doing they're going to take some of your good shots away, force you to move the ball. And as they forced us to do those things.

"They had nine steals. They played very hard. They've got great quickness. We were a disaster. We threw the ball to them on a number of occasions."

Miller was asked if he thought the players may have assumed there would be a comeback at some point.

He paused before answering that one.

"Take this the right way," Miller said. "Don't judge this team like Derrick Williams is on it. Or Sean Elliott. Or Rondae Hollis-Jefferson. Judge our team by the people that are in our locker room when we play. Just because things have happened in the past doesn't mean we can just the jumbotron comes up and the crowd starts going crazy, that we're going to win. That's not the way it works. It's a whole brand new ballgame right now."

Miller was asked if the hardest thing about it was that his message and coaching were not being translated to the team's play.

"Yes," he said.

And, in a follow-up question, he was asked if the leadership was a disappointment, considering the experience level UA has.

"We're a collection right now of guys who are independent and thinking about a lot of things but certainly not thinking about what we're doing or what I'm talking about," Miller said. "Tonight it wasn't about playing for me. I was just over there. It was about just `Let me see if I can make a couple of shots. If it doesn't work out, hopefully coach will leave me alone and move on.' "

When a UA spokesman announced that Miller would answer only one more question, the coach was asked what prompted his outrage at Kaleb Tarczewski.

"This isn't tennis," he said. "This is basketball. There's accountability on offense and defense and you win as a team and you lose as a team. I'll stop right there."

http://tucson.com/sports/blogs/pascoe/article_45985c2a-c657-11e5-ba5c-ef83036b1770.html#.Vqsar4b3cZw.twitter

I'll say this, I don't know how this Arizona team is going to respond, but I still don't think I'd like to be OSU right about now . . .
smokeyrover
LOUMFSG2;842640741 said:

"I've never been more down looking at a team I coached than what I just saw," he said. "Leadership, effort, togetherness, playing for the win. And right now things are going to get worse before they get better and we gotta come to grips with probably two things. One: Sean Miller's your coach and you're going to play for me and number two is you're going to play so hard you can't breathe.

"And if you can't give extraordinary effort for our basketball program, on this team, for this university, we'll put four guys out there. It all starts with that. We started this a long time ago where effort was at the top of the pyramid for us and right now it's not on the pyramid. When that drops everything else goes as well.

"No question some of it is when you get hit with some of the things we've been hit with and no one really cares, it's like you keep going out there at Arizona, like 'Hey, you just keep winning. Doesn't work that way. So we're have a quick turnaround and a really, really tough test on Saturday because we're gonna play a good team in Oregon State and because of the team we are right now a team that's really struggling to find itself. "

Miller was asked if he felt some of the Wildcats' troubles are fixable, or if the team is what it is at this point.

"I don't know," he said. "I don't know."

Even at the beginning of the game, with Arizona making its first eight shots, Miller still found himself a bit uneasy.

"We made a lot of shots. It was a torrid pace," he said. "I don't care who you are.. you're not going to continue to make every shot you take and when we didn't, we needed to get stops, we needed to be a tough defensive team and we weren't.

"We got off to a good start but it's a 40-minute game. Some of the shots we made had very little to do with our offense. As Oregon gets a better feel for what you're doing they're going to take some of your good shots away, force you to move the ball. And as they forced us to do those things.

"They had nine steals. They played very hard. They've got great quickness. We were a disaster. We threw the ball to them on a number of occasions."

Miller was asked if he thought the players may have assumed there would be a comeback at some point.

"Take this the right way," Miller said. "Don't judge this team like Derrick Williams is on it. Or Sean Elliott. Or Rondae Hollis-Jefferson. Judge our team by the people that are in our locker room when we play. Just because things have happened in the past doesn't mean we can just the jumbotron comes up and the crowd starts going crazy, that we're going to win. That's not the way it works. It's a whole brand new ballgame right now."

Miller was asked if the hardest thing about it was that his message and coaching were not being translated to the team's play.

"Yes," he said.

And, in a follow-up question, he was asked if the leadership was a disappointment, considering the experience level UA has.

"We're a collection right now of guys who are independent and thinking about a lot of things but certainly not thinking about what we're doing or what I'm talking about," Miller said. "Tonight it wasn't about playing for me. I was just over there. It was about just `Let me see if I can make a couple of shots. If it doesn't work out, hopefully coach will leave me alone and move on.' "

When a UA spokesman announced that Miller would answer only one more question, the coach was asked what prompted his outrage at Kaleb Tarczewski.

"This isn't tennis," he said. "This is basketball. There's accountability on offense and defense and you win as a team and you lose as a team. I'll stop right there."

http://tucson.com/sports/blogs/pascoe/article_45985c2a-c657-11e5-ba5c-ef83036b1770.html#.Vqsar4b3cZw.twitter

I'll say this, I don't know how this Arizona team is going to respond, but I still don't think I'd like to be OSU right about now . . .

Would love to see it on a tshirt: "Arizona Basketball -- This Isn't Tennis."
socaltownie
LOUMFSG2;842640741 said:

“I’ve never been more down looking at a team I coached than what I just saw,” he said. “Leadership, effort, togetherness, playing for the win. And right now things are going to get worse before they get better and we gotta come to grips with probably two things. One: Sean Miller’s your coach and you’re going to play for me and number two is you’re going to play so hard you can’t breathe.

“And if you can’t give extraordinary effort for our basketball program, on this team, for this university, we’ll put four guys out there. It all starts with that. We started this a long time ago where effort was at the top of the pyramid for us and right now it’s not on the pyramid. When that drops everything else goes as well.

“No question some of it is when you get hit with some of the things we’ve been hit with and – no one really cares, it’s like you keep going out there at Arizona, like ‘Hey, you just keep winning. Doesn’t work that way. So we’re have a quick turnaround and a really, really tough test on Saturday because we’re gonna play a good team in Oregon State and because of the team we are right now – a team that’s really struggling to find itself. “

Miller was asked if he felt some of the Wildcats’ troubles are fixable, or if the team is what it is at this point.

“I don’t know,” he said. “I don’t know.”

“We made a lot of shots. It was a torrid pace,” he said. “I don’t care who you are.. you’re not going to continue to make every shot you take and when we didn’t, we needed to get stops, we needed to be a tough defensive team and we weren’t.

“We got off to a good start but it’s a 40-minute game. Some of the shots we made had very little to do with our offense. As Oregon gets a better feel for what you’re doing they’re going to take some of your good shots away, force you to move the ball. And as they forced us to do those things.

“They had nine steals. They played very hard. They’ve got great quickness. We were a disaster. We threw the ball to them on a number of occasions.”

“Take this the right way,” Miller said. “Don’t judge this team like Derrick Williams is on it. Or Sean Elliott. Or Rondae Hollis-Jefferson. Judge our team by the people that are in our locker room when we play. Just because things have happened in the past doesn't mean we can just… the jumbotron comes up and the crowd starts going crazy, that we’re going to win. That’s not the way it works. It’s a whole brand new ballgame right now.”

Miller was asked if the hardest thing about it was that his message and coaching were not being translated to the team’s play.

“Yes,” he said.

“We’re a collection right now of guys who are independent and thinking about a lot of things but certainly not thinking about what we’re doing or what I’m talking about," Miller said. "Tonight it wasn’t about playing for me. I was just over there. It was about just `Let me see if I can make a couple of shots. If it doesn’t work out, hopefully coach will leave me alone and move on.' ”

“This isn’t tennis,” he said. “This is basketball. There’s accountability on offense and defense and you win as a team and you lose as a team. I’ll stop right there.”

Well maybe. I actually think that if he is worried that they are not paying attention to detail and playing with intensity on the defensive end Gary Payton the younger could eat their shorts.

(BTW - lesson to be learned - don't go insulting people's families. In my alternative universe cal fans are gracious and appreciative of one of Oakland's finest rather than jerks to his parents and GP the elder encourages his son to stay in the East Bay)
SFCityBear
Shocky,

Kudos to you for all the great candid photos of Sean Miller. What a piece of work he is!

I can remember Sean Miller's last day at Xavier, the little school that jump-started his coaching career, the school which gave him the opportunity to make a name for himself in coaching. Before he left town for Tucson, in his farewell speech to the Xavier players, students, faculty, alumni and fans, he basically said it like this, "I am so happy to be going to a program where I will finally have a chance to win a national championship." Not one word of thanks or appreciation to all the Xavier players and the Xavier faithful who fully supported him during his years coaching at Xavier.

What a schmuck.

SFCityBear
oskidunker
Go Beavs!
joe amos yaks
I think the very young OSu team has heard a similar message and will play all out for Coach Tinkle.
Shocky1
south bender;842640706 said:

Consistent winning will change the lack of current relevance of USC basketball. To be continued...

south bender, you clearly don't understand the absence of an alumni fan base that cares at all about their basketball team (they are all in for trojans football), the social prioritites & demographics of their student body, the logistical challenges of driving from west los angeles & orange county to compton (particularly on weeknights) or the almost exclusive local media focus upon the lakers & the clippers

winning has very little to do with why usc is one of the worst d1 teams in the nation in attendance...do you know what the usc average attendance is this season at the galen center?...do you know what the ucla average attendance is this season at pauley pavilion despite a storied past history of national championships?

as a contrast, cal has an opportunity to draw 10k+ this season at haas pavilion, we got a major home court advantage at our palace...and as a longtime season tixs holder, you are a big part of the roar at haas & cal's unbeaten home record this season

berkeley isn't los angeles when it comes to college basketball
Shocky1
oskidunker;842640811 said:

Go Beavs!

agreed

oregon state cheerleader tryouts (no voodoo donuts)#
Shocky1
coach martin & the staff are relentlessly targeting a potential cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016) which features elite basketball talent with academic ambition for guys (with the full support of their moms) that want to play together in a family environment at the #1 ranked public university in the world in the beautiful san francisco bay area

*****tyson jolly, cal combo guard signee

*****don coleman, key targeted cal combo guard prospect with an actionable offer

*****big boi, a 5 star outkast from georgia that is gonna put atlanta on the map before it fell in the california sun

yeah, these guys are gonna be howlin' at the moon, they're not dumb azzs

this is cal basketball#
HoopDreams
Shocky1
davidson (12-7) loses at home 79-69 to atlantic 10 rival vcu
HoopDreams

[SIZE=5]I guess the only way to "handle' the Randle, is a dirty foul
by the way, I thought Jaylen got fouled on a clear path too, but it wasn't called that way[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]get well soon[/SIZE]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842503487 said:

look, i'm in pretty good shape: i walk 100+ golf rounds a year (golf carts are for fat boys), work on my yoga practice 5 times a week, swim whenever it gets hot outside & hike them rescue dogs up the mountain every day

so this week i got totally waxed for the 1st time at the lunch box in scottsdale

waxing for men (which isn't painful at all unless you are candy azz soft) reveals the pluses & minuses of one's physique without hair covering up the truth

so you can imagine my anger when my teenage daughters shay & taylor along with my current 1st wife kat told me after seeing my hairless chest that i got the initial stages of man boobs

so how did i respond to that criticism?

did i kick all them dumb azz bitches to the curb?...no, of course not, that did not happen

at the end of the day, i'm a ******* problem solver...i spoke to my mentors anton the yoga guru, lisa my strong handed masseuse (i get 2 deep tissue body work massages a week) & dr cray cray

so here's the plan: more push ups & rowing curls, reduction of sugars & food products with soy including tofu (tough break there) & new multivitamins without vitamin e (estrogen)

pretty clear i'm gonna be working my azz off, what are them returning california golden bears accomplishing this summer after a mediocre 18-15 season (7-11 in the pac)?

"rise and grind"
-sammy "the gym rat" singer

"one day at a time...back at it tomorrow #threeadays"
-brandon "the sniper" chauca

"you aren't a failure if you don't succeed right away, you're only a failure if you give up"
-jordan "en fuego" mathews

"i've been trying to tell people, berkeley is the place to be...bay area stand up"
-stephen "cable car baller" domingo

"there's a beauty in the struggle"
-kameron "sponge bob" rooks

hall of shame: "a been craving a milkshake forever, someone got ya boy tn?"
-tyrone "pac 12 mvp candidate?" wallace

problem solving/the grind#

update: thru improved nutrition & physical activity, i'm no longer got any hint of man boobs, i'm not a broke bitch

problem solving is the key

them california golden bears are arguably the best college basketball team in the nation when playing in front of their high energy crazy azz fans at haas pavilion, we're off to the races

but are they gonna make the necessary adjustments & grind hard enough to win on the road, do they want it?

broke bitch please
Shocky1
Shocky1;842544115 said:

who is the earliest morning riser within the cal basketball program?

that would be marcus green, the assistant director of basketball operation...the high energy/good energy dude eats breakfast with the guys at the training table every morning, serves as a big bro on a lot of topics from school to girls & is a relentless class checker to ensure everybody is where they gotta be in addition to his operational support of the director of basketball operations marco harris

marcus grew up in the chicago area, was a 4 year letterman & 2 time team captain at purdue along with graduating with a degree in organizational leadership & supervision and later played professionally in buenos aires, argentina which has got a lot of curvy brunette yoga females

there's an app named waze which provides info in real time the location of police officers & traffic accidents...a couple of the bears told me that they got a code name for marcus that they text to each other when green is on the prowl

moms of prospective recruits gotta feel reassured that their sons are in good hands with marcus green keeping an eye on everything...let's be real here, coach martin is usually sleeping while marcus roams berkeley before the dawn every morning

this is cal basketball#

happy birthday coach green
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]the depleted Cal women aren't making any excuses
they continue to believe in each other and fight[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]"we stayed together"[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"][video]http://www.calbears.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=4972028[/video][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]AT with her (10th) assist to Mikayla Cowling for the clutch 3 to beat Washington State[/SIZE]

BearsObserver
Big game tonight involving Cal targets Schakel and Thompson from Bishop Montgomery HS (Torrance area in LA) against Chino Hills and the UCLA-bound Ball brothers.

Game will be livestreamed ...

http://www.burlisononbasketball.com/2016/01/chino-hills-bishop-montgomery-in-saturday-showdown/

Shocky1;842632407 said:

jordan schakel scored 25 points as the bishop montgomery knights quarantined 73-51 the corona centennial huskies...schakel commented "the shots just started falling but i think it was because of the great defense we were playing"

ethan thompson scored 16 points with 8 rebounds, 6 assists & 3 steals as the bishop montgomery knights ruled the desean jacksonless long beach jackrabbits 59-47...thompson commented "we needed something to speak us and we got a couple of stops and that got us back into the game"

head coach doug mitchell's knights (16-0) are now ranked #2 in california & #3 in the nation by max preps
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Now....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]eleven years ago...[/SIZE]

Shocky1
jabari, in speaking with nba scouts pregame on the floor of haas pavillion & on airplanes traveling to cal games (they are not hard to spot with their nba team logo golf shirts & laptops watching college game videos), the consensus is that you are an athletic prospect with skills but that there are serious questions re: your "lack of a motor"

you had zero offensive rebounds in salt lake city vs utah despite the bears missing 37 shots (23 of 60 fgs), that's 37 opportunities to crash the boards, nothing energizes your team more than a bird rebound & throw down

you had zero free throws vs the utes...with your athleticism & the new rules that favor slashers that attack the basket, you could get a dozen free throws a game if you put more pressure on your defender

jabari, you are liked & highly respected by your teammates, coaches & staff and you are loved by your mom, dad & sister but that don't mean you can't be an absolute bad azz for 40 minutes vs colorado

the choice is yours, are you gonna elevate your game & physically compete vs the buffs?

elevate (attack the basket)#

BearsObserver
livestream link:

BearBackerinLA;842641231 said:

Big game tonight involving Cal targets Schakel and Thompson from Bishop Montgomery HS (Torrance area in LA) against Chino Hills and the UCLA-bound Ball brothers.

Game will be livestreamed ...

http://www.burlisononbasketball.com/2016/01/chino-hills-bishop-montgomery-in-saturday-showdown/
Shocky1
"write the book you want to read"

-jaylen brown, noted philosopher & shoski's yoga & meditation friend

https://soundcloud.com/the-tribe-akashic/keep-me-company-feat-master-wendu-tae-haru
oskidunker
It seems thst ,on occasion,Mathews drives the basket more effectively than Bird. I would not think that would be the case.

It is puzzling that Moute is not playing more given his huge improvement. I would imagine if Brown leaves he could be a starter next year. I hope we give him more playing time because if we don't,someone else will.
Shocky1
allonzo trier took pregame shots tonite without his cast & may try to play next week

t-wall is gonna get his cast off next week

4 to 6 weeks, broke bitch please#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Coach to Player
Man to Man
[/SIZE]

BearsObserver
in action against Chino Hills now ...
http://ballislife.com/bil-to-stream-titanic-matchup-chino-hills-vs-bishop-montgomery-jan-30/

Shocky1;842617830 said:

jordan schakel

ethan thompson

the bears staff is actively recruiting bishop montgomery's class of 2017 dynamic duo of 6'5" 180 lbs jordan schakel & 6'5" 170 lbs ethan thompson

ethan scored 17 points & jordan scored 14 points in the bishop montgomery knight's opening game 58-56 endangerment of the santa margarita eagles

both guys are being coached up by longtime highly respected so cal basketball head coach doug mitchell...i met mitchell at the oakland airport on the rental car rental shuttle bus after he traveled north in support of his former player justin cobbs senior day game...mitchell places a strong emphasis upon academics & his relationships with his student athletes extends beyond their time in torrance...we talked about richard solomon who also played for mitchell before transferring to price high school with the hopes of playing less with his back to the basket & more as a stretch 4 (solo was a career .571 free throw % shooter during his 4 years at cal)

the question in these recruitments is do these young men really want to pursue their collegiate basketball experiences at the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world?...ethan's parents graduated from usc & ethan's dad stevie is an assistant coach at oregon state and his bro stevie is a freshman for the beavers

go knights#
Shocky1

Shocky1

"back ground of a street dude mind of a scholar"

-t-man (game mvp of today's rudy lane classic)

making moms proud#
BearsObserver
against Chino Hills tonight ...

Shocky1;842617830 said:

jordan schakel

ethan thompson

the bears staff is actively recruiting bishop montgomery's class of 2017 dynamic duo of 6'5" 180 lbs jordan schakel & 6'5" 170 lbs ethan thompson

ethan scored 17 points & jordan scored 14 points in the bishop montgomery knight's opening game 58-56 endangerment of the santa margarita eagles

both guys are being coached up by longtime highly respected so cal basketball head coach doug mitchell...i met mitchell at the oakland airport on the rental car rental shuttle bus after he traveled north in support of his former player justin cobbs senior day game...mitchell places a strong emphasis upon academics & his relationships with his student athletes extends beyond their time in torrance...we talked about richard solomon who also played for mitchell before transferring to price high school with the hopes of playing less with his back to the basket & more as a stretch 4 (solo was a career .571 free throw % shooter during his 4 years at cal)

the question in these recruitments is do these young men really want to pursue their collegiate basketball experiences at the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world?...ethan's parents graduated from usc & ethan's dad stevie is an assistant coach at oregon state and his bro stevie is a freshman for the beavers

go knights#
Shocky1
arizona (17-5/5-4) defends their home court 83-60 over oregon state (12-8/3-6) but make no mistake about it that the donut boy of tucson is gonna go ape **** on his players again before this season & it's gonna be an ugly scene when it happens, he's a ticking human glazed donut time bomb

absolutely no defense was played as usc (17-5/6-3) outscored washington (14-7/6-3) 98-88 as the 2 teams combined to make 56 of 65 free throws (86%)...teams that slash/attack the basket & knock down free throws will be rewarded vs teams that passively pass the ball around the perimeter looking for 3 pointers

stanford (11-9/4-5) got outmuscled (lost the rebounding battle -9) & settled for 3-25 3 pointers in losing 96-74 to a more physical utah (17-5/6-3)

washington state (9-12/1-8) get couged 83-50 by ucla (13-9/4-5) at pauley pavillion

st mary (18-2) squeaks by pacific in stockton 68-65 despite sami "where's waldo?" eleraky's 2 points for the tigers

san diego state (16-6) blackjacks unlv 67-52 while the rebs await joe pasternack's arrival in the desert

#11 ranked virginia (17-4) lap dances #16 ranked louisville 63-47

drake kicks azz 80-70 on bradley or meek mill or something
BearsObserver

Shocky1;842641430 said:

"back ground of a street dude mind of a scholar"

-t-man (game mvp of today's rudy lane classic)

making moms proud#
Shocky1
top 5 player in the 2018 class with a 3.8 gpa jordan brown scored 21 points as the woodcreek timberwolves howled 81-70 in overtime over the rocklin thunder

jordan is the staff's top recruiting priority & would be a ivan rabb/jaylen brown impact leader of cal's started at the bottom class (2018)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (and a short drive from roseville for the fam)
Shocky1
cal key recruiting targeted prospect with an actionable offer & top 30 player in the 2017 class ira lee scored 12 points along with 4 rebounds in battling 7' deandre ayton the #1 player in the 2017 class as prolific prep knocked off the hillcrest academy (phoenix) 77-72 at napa valley college with jordan brown in the stands

lee's teammates abu kigab scored 17 points with 8 rebounds & josh jackson scored 22 points with 11 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 blocks & 2 steals...jackson is the #2 ranked player in the 2016 class & will decide among michigan state (michigan native grew up rooting for the spartans), arizona (played this summer with team usa basketball for the donut boy of tucson) & kansas (loved his official visit to lawrence last weekend, could see himself playing in insanely loud allen fieldhouse)

lee is adjusting quickly to the mid year transfer from sierra caynon & would be an important addition to cal's touch the sky class (2017)...plus ira got good hair

50 year decision#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world
First Page Last Page
Page 274 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.