cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,263,780 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
sluggo_Cal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842132917 said:

6'7" 185 lb 2015 4 star cameron walker & his dad eric ("my wife and i are big on the education front") will be visiting berkeley for an unofficial visit on june 26th

with an academically focused 4.0 gpa, cw is the perfect cal fit as an elite true student athlete & high flying impact player at the 3...cameron is a humble & team oriented player just like the bears last small forward future high nba draft pick alan crabbe & future starter at the 3 jabari bird

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world

Here is video of CW: . He is not really a high flier. And he needs to get his off hand off his jumper. But, he is a fantastic player. This is one of the best videos I have ever seen. His footwork is like an NBA player. He uses both hands almost equally well. His handle, at 6'7'', is amazing. He reminds me a little of my favorite player ever, Bernard King.

He does not have to go to Cal, but he can't go to Stanford. It would hurt me too much.

Sluggo
Shocky1
shockster plan: raise $ for the men's & women's bb programs while connecting former players and serving as an effective recruiting showcase

date: friday september 13, 2013 at 7:30 pm...this is the key 2014 bb official visit weekend with amhaad rorie confirmed in conjunction with crazee azz energy from the epic ohio state game at memorial on the 14th

tv: pac 12 network

attendance goal: 10,000+

tickets: $1000 donation for all floor seats (also would include 2 passes to players & coaches reception before the game in the skybox at memorial)...$50 for all seat backs...all other seats $10...all cal students + kids under 18 free...anybody dressed like a golden bear and/or hippie also free...$10,000 donation to serve as a game coach (the shockster would gladly pay for the opportunity to diagram an inbounds play for jason kidd to leon powe)

player invitations: every player including walk ons who has ever suited up for the bears & their families (all free tickets)

game announcer: roxy with color from wheels

master of ceremonies: rod benson

eye candy: every female cal student who has appeared in a playboy girls of the pac 12 (10) issue should be invited to sit behind the two team benches*

crowd noysz: entire cal football team in game jerseys behind each basket with shout outs lead by kate scott & ken montgomery

national anthem: adam duritz with the cal band

pre game introductions: 1959 cal national championship basketball team

wal mart greeters: oski shakes hands with every kid who enters haas while sonny dykes & sandy barbour greet adults at the front doors of haas

half time activity: 10 minute women's basketball alumni game coached by lindsey gottlieb & charmin smith

coaches:

***mike montgomery with travis decuire, ben braun & gregg gottlieb

***justin labagh with lou campanelli, todd bozeman (he could hand out $100 monopoly bills) & dick kuchen

recruit invitations:
2014-amhaad rorie, sami eleraky, idrissa diallo, thomas welsh, evan fitzner, malik pope & tory miller
2015-ivan rabb, isiah thomas, cameron walker, bennie boatwright, dejounte murray, chimezie metu, alex illikainen, chris egi, max hazzard & henry welsh
2016-oscar frayer, justin simon & jonah mathews
2017-jayleen nowell (cal lock as reported by john foletta...buy a subscription & get the details)

starting line ups:

jason kidd, lamond murray, alan crabbe, shareef abdur rahim, devon hardin

kevin johnson, jorge gutierrez, ryan anderson, tony gonzalez, leon powe

game highlights:

***jason kidd to share/mentor with ivan rabb why after being the best hs player in the usa he decided to play his college ball locally in front of his mom & dad, family & friends at the #1 ranked public university in the world before moving on to make $200+m in nba earnings
***carl bird shooting silky smooth fts to show son jabari how it's done
***jerome randle, ryan drew, sir richard midgley & michael chavez shooting long range aerials from pluto to inspire amhaad rorie
***mark mcnamara demonstrating for kameron rooks that you can avg 20 ppg if you know how to correctly seal & finish even if you can't jump over a phone book
***al grigsby, yogi stewart, leonard taylor, brian hendricks, jamal boykin, matt beeuwsaert, michael pitts & david butler relentlessly pounding the boards for put backs
***sean lampley, theo robertson, ed gray, joe shipp, brian wethers, patrick christopher, larry friend, roy fisher, ryan forehan-kelly, darall imhoff, russ critchfield & doug true creating their own shots while jordan mathews & sam singer take notes
***gene ransom, chris washington, butch hays, keith smith, phil chenier, charles johnson, aj diggs, prentice mcgruder & ayinde ubaka dishing out dimes
***ryan anderson demonstrating for evan fitzner how to impact the game as a long range shooting stretch 4
***sean marks, amit tamir, francisco elson & harmut ortmann showcasing cal's international diversity for sami eleraky

*the shockster's 1st gf at cal later appeared in playboy's girls of the pac 10 issue...my current 1st wife mrs shockster likes to tell people that when she first met me that i had a copy of that magazine on my coffee table as a "converstation piece"...very classy

any suggestions?

summer breezes#

calumnus
sluggo_Cal;842133621 said:

Here is video of CW: . He is not really a high flier. And he needs to get his off hand off his jumper. But, he is a fantastic player. This is one of the best videos I have ever seen. His footwork is like an NBA player. He uses both hands almost equally well. His handle, at 6'7'', is amazing. He reminds me a little of my favorite player ever, Bernard King.

He does not have to go to Cal, but he can't go to Stanford. It would hurt me too much.

Sluggo

Bernard King is one of my all-time favorites too.
Shocky1
calumnus;842133750 said:

Bernard King is one of my all-time favorites too.

trivia q: who was bk's high scoring running mate in college?
jyamada
Shocky1;842133798 said:

trivia q: who was bk's high scoring running mate in college?

Ernie Grunfeld
Shocky1
Shocky1;842109822 said:

good luck to ac, the bear's 2013 pac 12 mvp

:gobears:

on the eve of the nba draft, alan crabbe's intense workouts 5 days a week with former bears aj diggs appear to be paying off in the eyes of nba scouts & gms

monty says, "he'll be a first rounder"

#23 alan crabbe
summer dreams#
OdontoBear66
OC Register sports writers have him going #29 to OKC. Added comments are that he may go much, much higher. How would AC fit at OKC?
Shocky1
congrats to alan crabbe & his family on being the #31 selection of the 2013 nba draft by the cleveland cavaliers & then traded to the portland trailblazers

ac missed guaranteed $(2.7m) by one slot...hopefully he will continue to develop his mid range game & a consistently intense and focused mindset that will ensure a successful career in the nba (otherwise it will be to russia with love)

like shareef abdur rahim, alan will also have the opportunity to return to cal & earn his degee

#23 alan crabbe, 2012 pac 12 mvp
summer breezes#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842133696 said:

shockster plan: raise $ for the men's & women's bb programs while connecting former players and serving as an effective recruiting showcase

date: friday september 13, 2013 at 7:30 pm...this is the key 2014 bb official visit weekend with amhaad rorie confirmed in conjunction with crazee azz energy from the epic ohio state game at memorial on the 14th

tv: pac 12 network

attendance goal: 10,000+

tickets: $1000 donation for all floor seats (also would include 2 passes to players & coaches reception before the game in the skybox at memorial)...$50 for all seat backs...all other seats $10...all cal students + kids under 18 free...anybody dressed like a golden bear and/or hippie also free...$10,000 donation to serve as a game coach (the shockster would gladly pay for the opportunity to diagram an inbounds play for jason kidd to leon powe)

player invitations: every player including walk ons who has ever suited up for the bears & their families (all free tickets)

game announcer: roxy with color from wheels

master of ceremonies: rod benson

eye candy: every female cal student who has appeared in a playboy girls of the pac 12 (10) issue should be invited to sit behind the two team benches*

crowd noysz: entire cal football team in game jerseys behind each basket

national anthem: adam duritz with the cal band

pre game introductions: 1959 cal national championship basketball team

wal mart greeters: oski shakes hands with every kid who enters haas while sonny dykes & sandy barbour greet adults at the front doors of haas

half time activity: 10 minute women's basketball alumni game coached by lindsey gottlieb & charmin smith

coaches:

***mike montgomery with travis decuire, ben braun & gregg gottlieb

***justin labagh with lou campanelli, todd bozeman (he could hand out $100 monopoly bills) & dick kuchen

recruit invitations:
2014-amhaad rorie, sami eleraky, idrissa diallo, thomas welsh, evan fitzner & malik pope
2015-ivan rabb, isiah thomas, cameron walker, bennie boatwright, chimezie metu, alex illikainen, max hazzard & henry welsh
2016-oscar frayer
2017-jayleen nowell (cal lock as reported by john foletta...buy a subscription & get the details)

starting line ups:

jason kidd, lamond murray, alan crabbe, shareef abdur rahim, devon hardin

kevin johnson, jorge gutierrez, ryan anderson, tony gonzalez, leon powe

game highlights:

***carl bird shooting silky smooth fts to show son jabari how it's done
***jerome randle & michael chavez shooting long range aerials from pluto to inspire amhaad rorie
***mark mcnamara demonstrating for kameron rooks that you can avg 20 ppg if you know how to correctly seal & finish even if you can't jump over a phone book
***al grigsby, yogi stewart, leonard taylor, brian hendricks, matt beeuwsaert & david butler relentlessly pounding the boards for put backs
***sean lampley, theo robertson, ed gray, joe shipp, brian wethers, patrick christopher, larry friend, darall imhoff, russ critchfield & doug true creating their own shots while jordan mathews & sam singer take notes
***gene ransom, chris washington, butch hays, keith smith, phil chenier, charles johnson, prentice mcgruder & ayinde ubaka dishing out dimes
***ryan anderson demonstrating for evan fitzner how to impact the game as a long range shooting stretch 4
***sean marks, amit tamir, francisco elson & harmut ortmann showcasing cal's international diversity for sami eleraky

*the shockster's 1st gf at cal later appeared in playboy's girls of the pac 10 issue...my current 1st wife mrs shockster likes to tell people that when she first met me that i had a copy of that magazine on my coffee table as a "converstation piece"...very classy

any suggestions?

summer breezes#

a major benefit of the cal bb alumni game would be for the opportunity for jason kidd to mentor/share with ivan rabb why after being the best hs player in the usa he decided to play his college ball in front of his mom, family & friends at the #1 public university in the world before moving on to earn 200m+ in nba earnings

ivan visited with the cal coaches in berkeley today...

#5 jason kidd
#44 leon powe
#23 jabari bird

mom matters#
represent the bay#
summer breezes#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842132557 said:

according to section 34, clause 81(iii)c:

any pac 12 player that carriers expensive designer purses such as gucci, etc. is automatically NOT eligible for the pac 12 most valuable basketball player award

sorry shabazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

clowns are stoopid#

furthermore, according to section 52, clause 18 (ii)b:

any pac 12 player that does not congratulate his teammate after they make a last second game winning shot and instead directly runs alone to the locker room in a sulky pout because they did not get to be "the man" and jack up the final shot is automatically NOT eligible for the pac 12 most valuable basketball player award

sorry shabazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

clowns are stoopid#
Shocky1
welcome to cal's 2013 summer bridge program jabari bird, jordan mathews, sam singer & kameron rooks...roger moute a bidias is workng to resolve a visa issue with his native cameroon & is expected to hopefully join the team in the near future

the intent of the summer bridge program (june 28-aug 9) is to facilitate the bears incoming freshmen's transition to college life in berkeley...bridge staff is composed of professors, academic counselors along with advisors

while jb (3.0+ gpa), jm (3.55 gpa), ss (3.4 gpa) & kr (3.5 gpa) are all already very strong students in the classroom, the 2013 summer bridge program is yet another example of the cal bb program working to ensure the longterm academic & athletic success of the bears true student athletes

plus the boyz get to hang at top dog (watch it, kameron) & start developing lifelong friendships/team chemistry

summer breezes#

south bender
Great for a change to have some consistent summer weather in Berkeley at this time of the year. I imagine the young men are enjoying it.

Go Bears!
SFCityBear
Shocky1;842127552 said:

hey sfcb, funny stories (your gf w/high heels was actually aerating the greens)

ray (an irish drunk) and later hawk (he might have been a graduate student/professor...he would always ask me about the books i read while waiting for a loop on the caddyshack bench) were the sfgc caddymasters...rick rhodes was the head pro then too (his treating me quite a bit differently these days would be an understatement)

2 quick sfgc caddyshack stories:

after a partciuarly financially lucrative double bagger with "crazy eddie", a rakish lady's man a few yrs older than me, he talked me into sneaking on with him at sharon heights in menlo park that afternoon...after a quick 18 holes we walked into the clubhouse and he proceeded to order drinks (even though i was also underaged) from the cute waitress..when she asked for our member #, he made up a 3 digiit #, she smiled and brought us our beautifully chilled happy hour cocktails on the veranda...if you ever saw the movie "catch me if you can" with leonardo dicaprio, that was crazy eddie

another time after caddieing with "louis" i saw him walking toward the gate so as i drove by in my grandfather's beat up tin can, i offered him a ride home which he accepted...as we drove he told me lived near golden gate park but as we got closer he didn't give me an address...and then he said suddenly, "hey man, this is close enough, you can let me out here" so i stopped, we shook hands and he walked into the park...at dinner that night, my parents & sister told me (to my amazement) that he was probably homeless...i cannot drive thru golden gate park to this day and not think about louis

they might be giants#

Shocky,

Sorry it took a while to get the information on the caddie from SFGC that I knew, but after talking to some guys who are Lincoln Park GC members, here is what we came up with:

Unfortunately, this caddie's name wasn't Louis. The guy we knew was named Roger, and he had a very long Italian last name, which none of us golfers can remember. Roger was a big guy, a former steelworker, and had hands that were twice the size of mine, and he had oversized grips on all his clubs. He was about 6'-2", and over 200 lbs. At the time, he was in his 50's, with black hair with a lot of it turning grey.

He was a Lincoln Park GC member, and looping at SFGC. When I knew him, he was down on his luck and sleeping on a couch in our clubhouse behind the Tee Off bar on Clement. When you wrote that you had dropped Louis off for the night in Golden Gate Park, that was why I figured it might have been the caddie I knew, because I thought he might have been sleeping in the Park at the time you knew him, and they might be the same guy.

Do you have any recollection of Roger?

SFCB
HoopDreams
Freshmen working out together
If I am on campus and see Bird, I certainly will chat him up!

http://www.ibabuzz.com/beartalk/2013/07/03/basketball-freshman-jabari-bird-attends-classes-on-19th-birthday-already-turns-heads-on-campus/#more-37776
Shocky1
como tele vous?

as my current 1st wife kat & our kids continue our summer euro holiday at our favorite hotel in the world, george v in paris, i cannot help but reflect this 4th of july upon the magnificent opportunities we enjoy in the united states because of the bravery of those who fight for our freedom

2 true american heroes=former cal rugby player mark bingham & todd beamer

both bingham & beamer were aboard united flight #93 that was taken over by terrorists when via phone calls they realized that terrorists were using the planes as weapons of mass destruction against the american people

bingham & beamer led the charge that resulted in the terrorists being killed in flight & the pilotless plane crashing in a field in shanksville, penn instead of the world trade center buildings or pentagon thereby saving thousands of additional innocent lives

bingham was a true golden bear to the end, thinking of others instead of his own fate...this is a cal guy who years earlier was gored running with the bulls in pamplona, spain

4th of july, baby, don't forget our heroes

mark bingham: may 22, 1970-september 11, 2001
rip mb

heroes#
lets roll#
summer breezes#
Shocky1
SFCityBear;842135876 said:

Shocky,

Sorry it took a while to get the information on the caddie from SFGC that I knew, but after talking to some guys who are Lincoln Park GC members, here is what we came up with:

Unfortunately, this caddie's name wasn't Louis. The guy we knew was named Roger, and he had a very long Italian last name, which none of us golfers can remember. Roger was a big guy, a former steelworker, and had hands that were twice the size of mine, and he had oversized grips on all his clubs. He was about 6'-2", and over 200 lbs. At the time, he was in his 50's, with black hair with a lot of it turning grey.

He was a Lincoln Park GC member, and looping at SFGC. When I knew him, he was down on his luck and sleeping on a couch in our clubhouse behind the Tee Off bar on Clement. When you wrote that you had dropped Louis off for the night in Golden Gate Park, that was why I figured it might have been the caddie I knew, because I thought he might have been sleeping in the Park at the time you knew him, and they might be the same guy.

Do you have any recollection of Roger?

SFCB

hey sfcb, the caddie i worked with was a large quiet man who could pack 2 bags per loop, no big deal

when we would forecaddie for the members he would take a quick smoke (which was against the sfgc's caddiemaster rules) partially obscured by the fairway's canopy of trees

maybe it was louis, maybe it was roger...could be the same guy

can you share the story how he met his demise?

they might be giants#
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842136599 said:

Freshmen working out together
If I am on campus and see Bird, I certainly will chat him up!

http://www.ibabuzz.com/beartalk/2013/07/03/basketball-freshman-jabari-bird-attends-classes-on-19th-birthday-already-turns-heads-on-campus/#more-37776

hoop, plz ask jb who shoots fts better, him or his old man carl (80% his sr yr at cal)?

if you see jb, find out if he plans to invite rabb to his games at haas this season...if jabari stays for his jr season, that could be a factor in ivan's college decision

dads matter#
summer breezes#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842132089 said:

check out the june 3rd slam online feature interview with jb by ryan jones with fierce & dramatically lit photography by etiba jefferson

jb's introspectively honest self evaluation results in his recognition that "at times i'm kind of lazy out there, taking possessions off...it's just a question of me going out and doing what i have to do"...these comments confirm sfcitybear's pro am scouting report re: jb's lackluster rebounding & d...no doubt the bears will see vast strides of improvement in these 2 critical areas from our mcdonalds all american

regarding jb's reppin the bay, "i like staying close to home so my friends and family can see me and i feel my style of play really fits their system"

ivan, what are your priorities?

#5 jason kidd
#44 leon powe
#23 jabari bird

mom matters#

happy july 3 bday for the bird man of alcatraz

summer breezes#
SFCityBear
Shocky1;842136627 said:

hey sfcb, the caddie i worked with was a large quiet man who could pack 2 bags per loop, no big deal

when we would forecaddie for the members he would take a quick smoke (which was against the sfgc's caddiemaster rules) partially obscured by the fairway's canopy of trees

maybe it was louis, maybe it was roger...could be the same guy

can you share the story how he met his demise?

they might be giants#

Shocky,

Roger was a smoker as I remember. At one point, Roger scraped together enough money to move out of the Lincoln Park Golf Clubhouse, and rented a small apartment downtown in the Tenderloin. One day, he was waiting at a bus stop for a bus, when someone snuck up behind him and hit him in the back of the head with a pipe or some other blunt object and killed him. As I said, Roger was a former steelworker, and big strong guy, and there was no way the guy could have been able to hit Roger if he came at Roger from the front. A cowardly act by a deranged or insane individual. Tragic end to a good guy, who pretty much kept to himself and asked for very little from his friends.

Enjoy Paris, Shocky.

"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast." - Ernest Hemingway

SFCB
Shocky1
and we're off to the races, places
ready, set the gate is down
and now we're going in
to las vegas, chaos, casino oasis
honey, it is time to spin
boy, you are so crazy...

-lana del rey

part of the crazee bears last season was that the team's best two players ac & jc would sometimes inexplicably & simultaneously go into a grand constipated funk of relentless unresolved angst & pissed off demeanor (please do not question my unimpeachable deadly accurate personality diagnosis skills...i took psych 1 at cal) in several of cal's losses...wonder where they learned that, mr cranky pants

team chemistry should be significantly upgraded this season as t wall's mr brightside (i'm coming out of my cage and i'm doing just fine) personality & justin cobb's sr leadership shine thru

travis decuire told me "jc wears his emotions on his sleeves...it's a gift and a curse...it's an emotional game...he is working to lean out...he will be looking to be quicker and more explosive this year"

td did not respond to my question if jc is developing a yoga practice...

namaste

the grind#
summer breezes#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842130606 said:

name: thomas welsh

class: 2014

gpa: 3.7 (at an academically rigorous hs)

height: 7'

weight: 240 lbs

position: 5

hs: loyola cubs (los angeles)

hs coach: jamal adams

aau: la rockfish

cal unofficial: june 17, 2013-1st visit to cal

cal official: tbd

cal connection: bears recruiting teammate max hazzard

family: bro henry is a 6'8" sophomore cubs teammate

college leaders: cal (offer)
stanford (unofficial june 15/16)
usc (offer)
ucla (offered by previous staff)
arizona
asu (offer)

welsh quotes: "he's (mr cranky pants) a great guy...i love talking to him...he talked about the double post system they have and about the campus and school...i've talked to cal probably the most...i'm looking for the best combination of academics and athletics possible"

shockster opinion: welsh is absolutely blowing up this summer & is the fastest rising big man on the west coast...as an elite student, i doubt he seriously considers schools with less than stellar academic reputations

stanford (dawkins will likely be fired after 2014) & usc (will the trojans guards share the ball like smooth facilitator/distributor amhaad rorie?) are his favorites along with the bears...cal offers the best combination of elite academics & a double post system that will showcase welsh's soft touch & hustle around the basket

welsh just offered by alford/ucla
parentswerebears
Any fresh leads or updates?
Big C
parentswerebears;842137252 said:

PWB, you were gambling that you might be the 1000th post on this thread, weren't you? Well, me too... I kinda feel like I did when I went to a Giants game when Barry Bonds was approaching Hank Aaron's record.

Shocky, I've enjoyed this ride. I bet you're an interesting person to know.

What happens when a thread hits 1000? Does everything blow up?

Go Bears!
Shocky1
SFCityBear;842136691 said:

Shocky,

Roger was a smoker as I remember. At one point, Roger scraped together enough money to move out of the Lincoln Park Golf Clubhouse, and rented a small apartment downtown in the Tenderloin. One day, he was waiting at a bus stop for a bus, when someone snuck up behind him and hit him in the back of the head with a pipe or some other blunt object and killed him. As I said, Roger was a former steelworker, and big strong guy, and there was no way the guy could have been able to hit Roger if he came at Roger from the front. A cowardly act by a deranged or insane individual. Tragic end to a good guy, who pretty much kept to himself and asked for very little from his friends.

Enjoy Paris, Shocky.

"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast." - Ernest Hemingway

SFCB

merci beaucoup, monsier sfcb

before arriving with my family in the city of lights, in my quest to become the 1st american to play the golf world uk top 50 i walked & carried my clubs at st davids (wales), hillside, formby, alwoodley (alistair mackenzie's 1st design), notts (next to robin hood's sherwood forest), hunstanton, royal west norfolk (absolutely loved eccentric links with shared crossover 1st/18th & 2nd/17th fairways), royal cinque ports & hankley common (just outside of london in tony surrey)

this afternoon we went on a bicycle tour de paris

tonight we'll dine on the artsy left banke if renee doesn't walk away...

au revoir
SFCityBear
Shocky1;842137287 said:

merci beaucoup, monsier sfcb

before arriving with my family in the city of lights, in my quest to become the 1st american to play the golf world uk top 50 i walked & carried my clubs at st davids (wales), hillside, formby, alwoodley (alistair mackenzie's 1st design), notts (next to robin hood's sherwood forest), hunstanton, royal west norfolk (absolutely loved eccentric links with shared crossover 1st/18th & 2nd/17th fairways), royal cinque ports & hankley common (just outside of london in tony surrey)

this afternoon we went on a bicycle tour de paris

tonight we'll dine on the artsy left banke if renee doesn't walk away...

au revoir

Ah, Monsieur Shockie,

I once spent three weeks on the Left Bank in Arab hotels, eating couscous in the restaurants, and whatever came with it. The rooms were around $5 a night. I’d ask for a room for a week, and they’d say OK, and then the next day, they’d tell me I had to leave, because they had someone with a reservation coming in. I lugged my bag in the rain to the next hotel. My least favorite of the 8 or 10 hotels I stayed in during my 3 weeks, was the Henri IV, on the Ile de la Cite, in the middle of the Seine river. Six floor hotel,and my room was the only one on the 6th floor. No elevator. I lugged the bag up six flights to find a bed that was so high in the middle, that no matter what position I tried, if I fell asleep, I would fall off the bed onto the floor.

One rainy day at the Pompidou Museum, a young couple stole my umbrella. As I chased them, they split up. The man wore a raincoat, so I figured he had my umbrella hidden underneath it. I caught him, but he didn’t have it. The woman had it, and was long gone.

I spent two days tracing some of Hemingway’s steps, his addresses, and his bars. There were Peruvians playing the music of the Andes on flutes in the Metro passages underground. I fell in love with a French folksinger who was singing '60s folk songs under the Arc d’ Triomphe, and who had a voice like an angel. She got booted out of there by the gendarmes. After I consoled her over coffee, she took me to a vineyard run by monks in a tiny garden in Paris. The next day she took me to St. Germaine en Laye, for a picnic in a truly beautiful park, full of the wondrous colors of fall. It wasn't spring, but you don't need spring in Paris for love to be in the air.

Today, I bid bon voyage to two golfing buddies, off to Scotland for 2 weeks. They’ll stay in a dorm at St Andrews, for their base, and then play the Old Course and others nearby.

Au revoir yourself, and enjoy,

SFCB

south bender
Shocky and SFCB,

Do you realize that there are many on this site who prefer to read about Cal basketball and could care less about your travel and golf experiences?

It is not that I want to block your posts, as when they are on topic, I enjoy them.

However, why not simply go to private communication between the two of you when the subject is either travel or golf or any other off-basketball topic?

Thanks.

Go Bears!
Shocky1
SFCityBear;842137324 said:

Ah, Monsieur Shockie,

I once spent three weeks on the Left Bank in Arab hotels, eating couscous in the restaurants, and whatever came with it. The rooms were around $5 a night. I'd ask for a room for a week, and they'd say OK, and then the next day, they'd tell me I had to leave, because they had someone with a reservation coming in. I lugged my bag in the rain to the next hotel. My least favorite of the 8 or 10 hotels I stayed in during my 3 weeks, was the Henri IV, on the Ile de la Cite, in the middle of the Seine river. Six floor hotel,and my room was the only one on the 6th floor. No elevator. I lugged the bag up six flights to find a bed that was so high in the middle, that no matter what position I tried, if I fell asleep, I would fall off the bed onto the floor.

One rainy day at the Pompidou Museum, a young couple stole my umbrella. As I chased them, they split up. The man wore a raincoat, so I figured he had my umbrella hidden underneath it. I caught him, but he didn't have it. The woman had it, and was long gone.

I spent two days tracing some of Hemingway's steps, his addresses, and his bars. There were Peruvians playing the music of the Andes on flutes in the Metro passages underground. I fell in love with a French folksinger who was singing '60s folk songs under the Arc d' Triomphe, and who had a voice like an angel. She got booted out of there by the gendarmes. After I consoled her over coffee, she took me to a vineyard run by monks in a tiny garden in Paris. The next day she took me to St. Germaine en Laye, for a picnic in a truly beautiful park, full of the wondrous colors of fall. It wasn't spring, but you don't need spring in Paris for love to be in the air.

Today, I bid bon voyage to two golfing buddies, off to Scotland for 2 weeks. They'll stay in a dorm at St Andrews, for their base, and then play the Old Course and others nearby.

Au revoir yourself, and enjoy,

SFCB

at midnight tonight in the city of lights my fashionista daughters shay & taylor put a love lock on the railings of the pont des arts bridge over the seine linking the left bank to the louvre

shay & taylor inscribed your love lock as follows: true love forever for sfcb (actually used your 1st name) and the very beautiful folksinger

as a family we threw the key into the seine with it sparkling in the summer evening breeze before plunging into the river

only way this could have been better (romantic) is if one of my favorite bands m83 from france could have been playing live "midnight city" on the seine

bonsoir

the bear would not quit, the bear would not die#
summer breezes#
south bender
Shocky1;842137347 said:

the bear would not quit, the bear would not die#

Ain't no place too far for Shocky to fly

To ensure his dear thread never will die.

Go Bears!
Shocky1
south bender;842137325 said:

Shocky and SFCB,

Do you realize that there are many on this site who prefer to read about Cal basketball and could care less about your travel and golf experiences?

It is not that I want to block your posts, as when they are on topic, I enjoy them.

However, why not simply go to private communication between the two of you when the subject is either travel or golf or any other off-basketball topic?

Thanks.

Go Bears!

south bender=inspector javert
south bender
Shocky1;842137435 said:

south bender=inspector javert

Not yet ready to jump off GG Bridge over your inane(insane?) postings!

Go Bears!
Shocky1
Shocky1;842127763 said:

what's that stomping sound you hear in the distance?

that's the cal monster class of bird, mathews, singer, (k)rooks & roger approaching berkeley, california for cal's summer bridge program (june 28th thru august 9th)

what classes are the bears players & coaches taking this summer?

***industrial nations urban landfills & garbage (time)-garrett galvin

***greek mythology: the greatest epic battles of ivan-travis decuire

***advanced molecular agitation technology (amat)-david kravish

***global logistics, positioning & statistics-gregg gottlieb

***off shore banking regulatory standards-alan crabbe

***introduction to yoga-justin cobbs* (*if this class is not successfully completed, jc can forget about the 2013/2014 pac 12 mvp award)

***literary works of franz kafka: the metamorphosis-kahlil johnson

***origins of european foot stomping-mike montgomery

***art of happiness (masters level)-tyrone wallace

***21st century risk management and safety-ricky kreklow & christian behrens

***estuaries, lakes & rivers of denmark-john montgomery

***military and national defense strategies(in the paint)-richard solomon

***nightclub economics: closing the midnight deal-jeff powers

***life skills for asu grads: spelling & stripping-mrs shockster

***astronomy 10: uranus-the shockster

***collegiate problem drinking & solutions-oski

any other class enrollments that should be noted?

summer breezes#

arizona state university=#1 ranked college with most current strippers in the united states

jeff faraudo is reporting that jabari is studying education 98 (???) & college writing n2 (the shockster should be an invited guest lecturer...steinbeck, hemingway & penthouse letters to the editor would be part of the curriculum) during summer bridge

no confrmation if jb is also taking: advanced ornithology-north american birds of prey & destruction with associate professor john sandford

the grind#
summer breezes#
Shocky1
parentswerebears;842137252 said:

oui monsieur

a paris tres chic green eyed brunettes with colorful short skirts & long jackets along with pointy black cfm pumps that aggressively ride their loud motorbikes down the busy boulevards of the city of lights are smokin' hot & magnifique

bonsoir

summer breezes#
R90
If anything interesting ever gets posted in this thread again could someone please start a new thread and repost it?

I've been suckered into clicking on this thread far too often, so I'm done with it.
Civil Bear
+1
calfanz
never know what you will find ..sorta like a box a chocolates.

BTW JMonty is in Phily recruiting...who are his targets?
First Page Last Page
Page 28 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.