cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,231,570 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
Bobodeluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Vegas is where it happens:

http://www.theonion.com/article/noam-chomsky-announces-las-vegas-residency-52508
OldBlue1999
LOL, lucky for Shocky truth is an absolute defense to slander. And libel too, for that matter. Not that you'd have a clue.

And I'm not even going to get into the sad, sad irony of you being turned on by women symbolically demonstrating their right to be treated as equals no matter how they choose to dress themselves and then repeatedly judgmental of images of other adult women literally embodying that movement years later. Nope, not gonna do that...
Shocky1
Shocky1;842659548 said:

congrats to the rapidly growing cal basketball fan base that turned off their tv sets & traveled to haas pavilion on gamedays (often with their family & friends) that resulted in a perfect 18-0 season at our palace:gobears:

we got a true loud & hostile homecourt haas advantage which is critical for recruiting, big time recruits wanna play on large stages:bravo

the attendance increased a remarkable 25.7%, this will probably be the #1 increase in college attendance this season thanks to your loyal passion & energy for our true student athletes & hard working staff:axe

2015/2016 average game attendance for pac 12 teams was as follows:
1) arizona-14,257
2) utah-12,998
3) california-10.183 (25.7% increase over prior season)
4) colorado-8,540
5) ucla-8,072
6) oregon-7,467
7) washington-6.978
8) oregon state-6,256
9) arizona state-5,807
10) usc-4,607 (it's true, nobody gives a **** about usc basketball)
11) stanford-4,393
12) washington state-2,857

season in the california sun#:woohoo

what's one of the key necessary steps forward in the upward trajectory of the cal basketball program?

cal fans gotta represent at the pac 12 tournament, they gotta get their sorry broken down azzs off the couch in front of the tv on leper island & take the ferry to las vegas to support the bears...being a passive chunky monkey eating ice cream with fuschia sprinkles is no way to live your life, you gotta avoid black out days on gameday

last nite utah fans outnumbered cal fans 10 to 1, there were around 8,000 vs 800 (including my pal chancellor nicky d & his crew)...considering the economic resources of the fans of the #1 ranked public university in the world & the fun factor in las vegas, that's not acceptable if you really want the bears to have a home court advantage at the pac 12 tournament...your voice could've made a difference last nite, crowd energy impacts the outcome of college basketball games

cal will receive 350 tixs from the ncca for next week's 1st round of march madness but plenty of tixs will be available in the secondary markets...are you gonna pursue this opportunity to pursue your dreams, to celebrate the magic of cal basketball in person?

who the **** are you, what makes your heart tick?

hide the sun#
CalEnviroLaw
At least we win the post game interviews. Our guys do a great job and come off as smart kids. Oregon and Utah players? My God. Utah JC transfer Bonam sounds like a 3rd grader. Oregon guys mostly seem like real dumb azzes. Are there any admissions standards at those schools? And don't they teach them anything when they get there?
BearsObserver
Congrats to McCoy for being selected to 2015-16 All-CIF San Diego Section boys basketball 1st team
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/mar/12/all-cif-prep-boys-basketball-team/

Shocky1;842617351 said:

cal has offered brandon mccoy, a 7' 235 lbs true 5 & top 25 player in the 2017 class from cathedral high school (previously attended morse) who has an opportunity to become one of the best players to ever come out of san diego

mccoy is already a relentless physical defender, rebounder & shot blocker with developing offensive skills with tremendous fluidity & athleticism to his movement
[video=youtube;YPp2FJHIkKQ][/video]

brandon got a 3.3 gpa & is interested in potential careers in either pharmacy or marine biology when his basketball playing days are done with him...dude is not a dumb azz, he realizes that his basketball playing days could be done forever in a split second injury & that he will need to be limitless mentally in order to achieve all his dreams in life & take care of moms

mccoy is a renaissance man, he taught himself to play the piano at age 13 after taking guitar lessons...he also won a middle school fair award after extracting dna from a banana

brandon grew up on the tough streets of chicago & it was a courageous decision for his moms mildred davis (a single parent), an army master sergeant who is now in the reserves to send her son to live with his guardian shaun manning who also serves as a mentor, coach & male role model

"my mom makes sure that i put school before anything...she doesn't care about basketball...all she cares about is academics...it's for me to accomplish my goals and to go to college and earn a degree and if the nba is in that conversation, then getting to the nba"
-brandon mccoy

yeah, the staff expects to sign multiple players in 2017 & there's no doubt that mccoy would be a standout center for cal's touch the sky class (2017)...brandon is truly a special young man with heart & skills that extend far beyond playing basketball on a basketball court with a basketball

brandon visited with the cal staff in berkeley on a saturday morning in october & then dominated in the prep2prep california all star classic 2017 class game this afternoon with 20 points & a redunkulous 17 boards & 3 blocks

actionable offer#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=7][FONT=Tahoma]Ivan Rabb.[/FONT][/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=6][FONT=Century Gothic]butter[/FONT][/SIZE]

Shocky1
to be honest with you las vegas isn't my thing...gambling & drinking (why would i want to numb myself, i want to feel more not less in life, that's why i got a yoga/meditation practice) really aren't my deal

taylor & i just finished breakfast at lavo (which doubles as a nightclub in the evening, drai's is still the top club in vegas just like it is in hollywood) at the venetian...we started with a tasty crab & shrimp louie salad followed by spaghetti with tasty kobe meatballs & eggs benedict with a lb of lobster, a stunning culinary experience

during my berkeley days my favorite breakfast (which i still consume on early morning golf days) is a ramen (throw out the flavored msg package) with chopped up lettuce & tomatoes & hard boiled egg with a splash of ketchup eaten directly out of the pot with a perrier

bears gotta eat (healthy), we got **** to do

wheels up, baby (back to the desert)#
Shocky1

taylor thinks my pal nicky d kinda looks like a more smiley version of albert einstein

BearsObserver

HoopDreams;842662473 said:

[SIZE=6][FONT=Century Gothic]butter[/FONT][/SIZE]

Shocky1
cal 2016 commit & combo guard 6'3.5" dontae coleman has been named 1st team all alabama community college conference after in 28 games averaging 19.9 ppg with 47.7% fgs, 42.6% 3 pts & 76.9% fts along with 6.2 apps & 4.4 rpg, he's multiple like t-wall except he don't got a california curvy brunette yoga female girlfriend (yet)

yeah, dontae's gonna take his official visit to cal in the near future & arrive in berkeley for cal's summer bridge program, he's gonna fall in the california sun for sure

midnite train to berkeley#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Props to Jorge for signing the NBA contract with the Charlotte Hornets
How much do you think Coach Martin would have loved to have Jorge on his team
I've never seen another Cal player so dialed into playing intense, never back down, tough defense 100% of every play[/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=4]Jorge Gutierrez, Conference POY Offense & Defense[/SIZE][/FONT]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842661442 said:

the bears currently practice part of the time in haas pavilion (when available) & also the recreation sport facility's gold gym which was refurbished thru meb donor dollars, i gave mike montgomery a check during a tour (arranged by jay john) he gave 90 minutes prior to a cal basketball game

as part of my travels to all the cal basketball games i've taken tours of the new dedicated basketball practice facilities, the ones in tucson, eugene & salt lake city are particularly impressive (which is important for them because they are all academically mediocre schools with 95%+ acceptance rates)

an integral component (we've already gotten the staff's salary levels upgraded & the nation's potentially leading 25.7% attendance increase has turned haas pavilion into one of the top home court advantages in the western states) of the cal basketball program moving forward on it's current dramatic upward trajectory it to build a dedicated basketball practice facility

athletic director mike williams told me last nite that construction cannot begin until the money is basically commited/collected, this is primarily due to the debt incurred with memorial stadium renovation...the current financial forecast for the new facility is estimated at $25-30 million, a cost analysis including below ground infrastructure is currently underway

plus we need a dedicated practice for yoga/meditation classes with curvy brunette yoga females kinda like the $30 million joe craft center in lexington so elvis got a place to practice too

world class facilities#

so here's the deal re: coach martin's contract

coach martin does not currently have a signed contract but i expect him to sign one in the near future when there is an announcement re: well deserved compensation increases for both himself (the reported news services reports of his salary are significantly undervaluing re: his total pay structure) & his team (not the players, don't be a dumb azz) and most importantly, a new men's & women's practice basketball facility

in today's competitive recruiting world that necessitates world class facilities for elite student athletes to achieve their absolute potential (and nba dreams), a dedicated practice facility is necessary for cal basketball to continue its current upward trajectory...without it, there is no future for cal basketball with either coach martin in the long run or any other proven head coach

the unsigned contract is not a reflection of mike williams but it will be up to mike & cal's athletic department development team led by jeremy wang to raise & collect the necessary $25 million to construct the facility, those conversations have already begun

i do not view coach not having a signed contract as problem but rather as an opportunity for the cal basketball program to finally stand among the elite programs in the nation after a half a century of mostly mediocre basketball

cal's monster class has lobbied for a head coach (originally travis decuire in the 1st post of this thread & thrilled that coach martin was hired) that can fearlessly & successfully recruit the nation's top 50 talent of the few that are true student athletes, increased attendance at haas pavilion (this season's 25.7% increase will potentially be ranked #1 in the nation for incremental growth) to create a hostile homecourt advantage (a perfect 18-0 this season, baby), improved facilities such as the gold gym & the magnificent new scoreboard (thank you to the haas/goldman family, cal basketball is lost without your unwavering support) along with increased recognition/awareness of the hard working & high character assistant coaches & staff and thus greater compensation for them

and now we're at the crossroads, are we gonna get the dedicated practice facility done or not?

i am optimistic that the $25 million will be collected & the proposed beautiful facility, the best location would be the current coach's parking lot north of haas pavilion near the entrance of evans diamond

and at that time a long term contract signed by coach securing him as a legacy basketball head coach at the nation's #1 ranked public university in the world

let's do this, let's turn berkeley into midnight city (cal band is great)

http://elsarch.com/portfolio/cal-indoor-training-center-master-plan/

the vision#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Rabb is showing his total arsenal now
Rebounding, slams, put backs, hook shots, mid-range shots, post moves, defense[/SIZE]

Shocky1
criminal dana altman oregon ducks (28-6/14-4) schemed to double team jakop poeltl (13 points on 6 shots & 5 turnovers) vs an overmatched utah (26-8/13-5) 88-57 to win the pac 12 tnt

virginia (26-7) is not gonna get a #1 seeding with an acc finals 61-57 loss to them academically cheating north carolina tar heels

davidson (20-12) got stomped 76-54 by vcu in the atlantic 10 championship game

san diego state (25-9) got upset 68-63 in mountain west conference championship game by fresno state, several of the players in the game know how to read & **** like that
Shocky1
Shocky1;842609435 said:

the bears staff is actively recruiting 6'1" 155 lbs brandon williams the top ranked pg on the west coast in the 2018 class from crespi carmelite high school

williams has elite court speed & vision and can create for both his teammates & himself with jumpers off the dribble

the 2 schools on him the hardest at this time are cal & arizona with ucla lurking

williams led crespi carmelite to a high school championship at haas pavilion last spring & then his parents joined him for an unofficial visit this november for the blue & gold scrimmage...he's already built a strong relationship with fellow los angeles guy, roman davis

brandon kinda wasted his academic talents as a freshman with a 2.5 gpa but is now very motivated to become mentally limitless, he's gpa this year is closer to 3.3...as his gpa continues to rise, the difference between an academically mediocre school like arizona with its 95% acceptance rate & the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world will become more of a factor when a decision is made down the road

brandon williams on an unofficial visit to cal last nite for the usc clownstomping

cal's started at the bottom class (2018)

brandon williams scored an electric 26 points as them crespi celts (30-4) advanced in the state playoffs with a 69-62 victory over the inglewood sentinels (javert dnp, he was too miserables)
CalEnviroLaw
Shocky1;842662796 said:

san diego state (25-9) got upset 68-63 in mountain west conference championship game by fresno state, several of the players in the game know how to read & **** like that

Do we have confirmation of that last part?
Shocky1
CalEnviroLaw;842662809 said:

Do we have confirmation of that last part?

no
Shocky1
Shocky1;842651225 said:

so you're saying it's not over, that there really is gonna be a sequel to man on fire?

who knew

losing a basketball game is kinda like getting dumped, you are emotionally damaged goods & you think about what you could've done differently to change the outcome...yeah the shockster was pretty upset after the virginia game

but you gotta go forward, there's no point in looking backwards & sometimes the solution is right in front of you & then we're off to the races

ok, creasy jr aka jemarl baker's season really is over now after them roosevelt mustangs (23-9) got sanctified 54-52 by the st augustine saints despite cal's 2017 commit scoring 16 points

like j-mat back in the day, jemarl is the top shooter 2017 class in the west & will be an outstanding true student athlete at the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

but yeah, baker has gotta work harder with his school's s&c program this offseason, maybe text coach christopher on how to put on good weight & maybe meet a curvy brunette yoga female too, makes sense to me
BearsObserver
UCLA is on him now ...

Shocky1;842662805 said:

brandon williams scored an electric 26 points as them crespi celts (30-4) advanced in the state playoffs with a 69-62 victory over the inglewood sentinels (javert dnp, he was too miserables)
Shocky1
BearBackerinLA;842662825 said:

UCLA is on him now ...

not gonna happen, ucla already has jaylen hands as a commit for 2017 at point guard plus it's doubtful that steve alford & david grace will even have jobs in westwood by 2017, the donut boy of tucson is our competition right now

tuscon is a dump#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Congrates to Ivan Rabb on making the Pac 12 All-Tournament team with Poeltl and 4 quacks[/SIZE]

CalEnviroLaw
Shocky1;842662827 said:

not gonna happen, ucla already has jaylen hands as a commit for 2017 at point guard plus it's doubtful that steve alford & david grace will even have jobs in westwood by 2017, the donut boy of tucson is our competition right now

tuscon is a dump#

That photo is classic. Hopefully, somebody enlarges that and brings it to Haas.
concordtom
CalEnviroLaw;842662846 said:

That photo is classic. Hopefully, somebody enlarges that and brings it to Haas.

Rather than one of Miller eating a donut, how about the "Tucson is a dump" image?
CalEnviroLaw
concordtom;842662859 said:

Rather than one of Miller eating a donut, how about the "Tucson is a dump" image?

Maybe both? In the student section behind the basket, so donut boy, staff, and players can see it.
concordtom
CalEnviroLaw;842662861 said:

Maybe both? In the student section behind the basket, so donut boy, staff, and players can see it.

Yes, let's root against the AZ fans as much as against AZ. That would annoy them. To quote Donald, "let's ruin their lives".
Shocky1

oskidunker
Wrong board but right topic and more interesting than anything here.
Shocky1
elite wide receiver 6'1" 175 lbs demetris robertson, the #1 ranked pass wr in the 2016 class, from savannah christian prep school in georgia has signed a financial aid agreement (faa) with both cal & georgia tech and will be taking his final official visit to georgia this weekend

demetris got a 3.2 gpa & is talking a lot with fellow georgia native jaylen brown re: his recruitment, the best yoga studios/food joints in berkeley & the california sun

https://uga.n.rivals.com/news/demetris-robertson-gives-the-latest

midnight train to berkeley#
south bender
Why on a basketball site?
Shocky1

the proposed basketball practice facility which is currently on a fast track cost analysis including underground infrastructure (this was not done at the spieker aquatics center) & lead donors fundraising would include a world class s&c workout area for coach christopher

off to the races#
Shocky1
south bender;842662943 said:

life is not linear
CalEnviroLaw
south bender;842662943 said:

Does he play basketball too? Could be a nice walk on point guard addition.
GoldenBear1
Wow, that facility looks amazing!
Thank you for posting the pictures
The time is now
The program is ready to explode.
AD Williams, go!
HoopDreams

First Page Last Page
Page 298 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.