cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,231,451 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

http://www.csnbayarea.com/video_content_type/cals-coach-cuonzo-martin-definition-tough
HoopDreams
HoopDreams

Shocky1
after making the money free throw to win the state of california championship game for his bishop o'dowd dragons, notice how young ivee misses the celebratory arm swing five with the young fan in the gold pants & blue shirt but then has the thoughtfulness to go back & connect/share the love with the little guy

this little guy is never gonna forget that moment, maybe he will study a little bit harder in school just to be like his hero ivan

honestly this is all you need to know about ivan rabb

[video=youtube;6_MaZApdKbo][/video]

magnificent#
parentswerebears
Shocky1;842680916 said:

after making the money free throw to win the state of california championship game for his bishop o'dowd dragons, notice how young ivee misses the celebratory arm swing five with the young fan in the gold pants & blue shirt but then has the thoughtfulness to go back & connect/share the love with the little guy

this little guy is never gonna forget that moment, maybe he will study a little bit harder in school just to be like his hero ivan

honestly this is all you need to know about ivan rabb

[video=youtube;6_MaZApdKbo][/video]

magnificent#

Ivan Rabb is 100% class act.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]young ivee chilling (probably with his Cal teammates or family/friends) watching the Warriors game on April 24, 2016[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842636683 said:

coach jones is coaching up both k(rooks) & the king, checkmate

the king got 4 critical blocks & defended the basket with a commanding presence, he's doing a better job of anticipating & establishing a strong defensive position

yeah, the king could be the pac 12's next robert upshaw (without all the dope), he's got guts

the king of darby (god save the queen)#

happy 21st birthday, king

taylor thinks you got a great smile...i think you could lead the pac 12 in blocks next season

hope you will speak today with your sister janet, bros ugo & francis & moms florence and dad professor michael...but i hope you don't stuff your face with classic bangers & mash, coach christopher will not approve that heart attack, that's not gonna happen

i dunno maybe nick will get you a strawberry kale salad or something

Shocky1
well dressed dudes, no wonder them curvy brunette yoga females from academically mediocre schools wanna date & marry future cal grads like them, this really isn't that complicated

50 year friendships (cal family)#
BearsObserver
no b-day message for Hickman? no congrats tweet from BI?
concordtom
Happy birthday, Alec, and congrats on, well, Everything!
(Shocky will be sending Hickman a curvy brunette yoga instructor.)
Shocky1
oaktown community activist/state championship head basketball coach lou richie weighs in re: young ivee

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_29807618/cals-ivan-rabb-nba-draft-decision-day-has

https://vimeo.com/45797764
left to right, richard midgley, the shockster & lou richie

bears at haas#
Shocky1
bon anniversaire, roger, aujourd'hui est un bon jour

love watching you relentlessly chase scorers/shooters thru brutal screen packages & knockdown the open 3 pointers

roger, you got a lotta energy, that's for sure:bravo

world traveling california golden bear#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842680580 said:

how good of a shooter is jermarl baker?

the 2017 cal commit extends defenses so far out that sometimes they gotta chase/guard him even in the ******* parking lot

jemarl is continuing to develop his game & is earning a nationwide reputation as the purest shooter in the 2017 class

baker in indy scored 28 points 10-13 fields including a steph curry like 6-9 3 pointers

yeah, he's creasy jr for sure

man on fire#

jemarl closed out the weekend con en fuego 21 points including 7-14 fields & 5-10 3 pointers along with a facilitating/distributing 6 assists, 5 boards & most importantly only 1 turnover

both baker's dad & earl watson elite founder/coach ryan silver have noted jemarl's interest in playing point guard

this is good news for the cal basketball program due to coach martin's preference to play positionless basketball...it would benefit the team particularly in crunch time if the bears could play 2 guys like baker & troy brown jr in 2017 with point guard ball handling skills & the ability to knock down 80% free throws

not sure if baker has the footspeed to keep up defensively with the pac 12's fastest point guards but there's no doubt that his arriving in berkeley with skills at both the 1 & 2 will help coach martin scheme for nightmare match up problems for opponents

developing skills at the 1 & 2 is a beautiful thing, stay multiple creasy jr

Shocky1
"a friend to all is a friend to none"
-jordan mathews, bad azz prince fan (oxymoron)

do not *** wit j-mat

creasy forever #24#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842635310 said:

coach martin has extended an actionable offer to 6'6" combo point guard troy brown jr of centennial high school in las vegas, the #2 ranked player in the 2017 class

troy got a 3.7 gpa including ap & honors classes, basketball is not gonna define the future mcdonalds all american, he's not a dumb azz

troy unofficially visited cal & arizona last fall along with duke & kansas (sister jada plays for the jayhawks & writes a sports blog)

yeah, troy brown jr would be an outstanding leader of cal's touch the sky class (2017), he's no lupe fiasco

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including las vegas)

sean miller watched 6'2" 175 lbs point guard colin sexton from marbleton, georgia drop 37 points yesterday & then the donut boy of tucson offered him after the game...arizona is such an academically mediocre school with a 95% acceptance rate that the don't even got to check with the admissions office, if you got a prison ged u of a got a spot for you & that even includes elliott pitts

today the arizona staff went 3 deep for sexton, he's a huge priority for them
Shocky1
trevon duvall of dallas, texas is #1 on the donut boy of tucson's big board for 2017 at point guard with colin sexton now #2 & troy brown jr (losing momentum) the #3 priority

coach martin & the cal staff are all in with troy brown jr
Shocky1
happy b-day, alec, love your enthusiasm for the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

hope you maximize your time at prep school to build muscle thru the s&c program, continue grinding to improve your basketball skills & most importantly work harder in the class room to raise your gpa to ensure a successful admission & transition to berkeley

nobody became mentally limitless overnight, alec, your journey is all in front of you...you got the 100% support of coach martin & the cal staff

let's do this

Shocky1
"ivan is a tremendous person and student athlete to have on our team...he and his family have put a lot of thought into making a decision that was right for him...he is a talented basketball player with a very bright future and we are excited to have ivan continue as a member of our cal basketball program"

-coach martin

:gobears:
HoopDreams
[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=7]MONSTER[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=4]http://www.sfchronicle.com/collegesports/article/Cal-s-Ivan-Rabb-spurns-NBA-draft-to-return-for-7307029.php?t=a63461adc8&cmpid=twitter-premium[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842680141 said:

young ivee's new roommate

jaylen who?#

ivan, your new roomie is gonna wanna play paddle board or something with you all the time, is that gonna be problem or not?

HoopDreams

concordtom
HoopDreams;842681100 said:

Hey, look, it's my USC friend with the long face again.
I love that guy.
2 years in a row, he's walked past me with that face.
I can't wait to go again next year!!!!
concordtom
Shocky1;842681066 said:

happy b-day, alec, love your enthusiasm for the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

hope you maximize your time at prep school to build muscle thru the s&c program, continue grinding to improve your basketball skills & most importantly work harder in the class room to raise your gpa to ensure a successful admission & transition to berkeley

nobody became mentally limitless overnight, alec, your journey is all in front of you...you got the 100% support of coach martin & the cal staff

let's do this

Jeez, the ONE time I call for a curvy one and this is all you can provide?
Shocky1
ivan, will you be thoughtful & leave your roomie/buddy (not to be confused with malik psalms and/or evan rambo) a tix on gamedays?

young ivee fan club:cheer#
HoopDreams

Shocky1
ivan, she also got a couple of tats

realize you don't got a yoga/meditation practice like me & jaylen but you're ok with that, right?

HoopDreams

GoldenBear1
It's a joy to watch Ivan play basketball in person.
Another year at Haas with him a year stronger and seasoned.
Can not wait to see him and this team take the court this fall.

Now who is joining this program besides Coleman???
Add a couple more pieces and take this team to the top.
Recruiting to see who wants to be a part of this ride will be very very interesting.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842678127 said:

jaylen & ivan, i really don/t have a recommendation whether or not you should head to the nba now but at the end of the day you should be talking to moms, they unconditionally love you & have sacrificed so much for your remarkable development as truly high character young men with special gifts that extend far beyond the basketball court

young ivee, what does tami think you should do?

a better day#

tami, thank you for entrusting your oldest son to coach martin & his character hard working staff for another academic school year

the sacrifices you've personally made to support ivan & tamarik (a student at bishop o'dowd) thru the restaurant days (including living when necessary at declancys welcome table on park boulevard) are nothing short of remarkable, your undeniable spirit is alive in young ivee in everything he does including his well defined social conscience/responsibility

one of the highlights for me on gamedays in berkeley is seeing your truly joyous smile in the hallways of haas after the games, that just lights up the easy bay

tami rabb=mom of the year
Shocky1
[video=youtube;YxifBKwBupU][/video]

are you gonna call 1-800-gobears & get season tix(s) tomorrow to celebrate ivan rabb's final season as a california golden bear?...diamonds are not forever, this will be your final opportunity to watch rabb, bird & mathews and their teammates in person

watching on tv does exactly nothing for the team in terms of either revenue dollars and/or gameday energy, what's your role in the future of cal basketball program?

can't imagine there is any fan who left haas pavilion after this perfect 18-0 home season not thrilled with the gameday experience, the magic of cal basketball

let's do this, let's triple the number of sold out games next season

the palace#
Big C
Well, I, for one, am NOT going to call 1-800-gobears tomorrow to get season tix!

That's because I already had 'em long before Ivan Rabb came here... and will continue to have 'em long after he leaves. It's just that, well, two things... ThingOne, the games are even more fun while he's here and... ThingTwo, old acquaintances now look me up on the chance that my tickets might be free for a certain game ("Sorry, but, of COURSE I'm using the tickets!")

Ivan Freakin' Rabb, I love you man! GO BEARS!!!
Shocky1

diamonds are not always forever (shine bright)#
HoopDreams

mikecohen
HoopDreams;842681181 said:

Somebody on this Board mentioned something about the NCAA having an insurance program (with a 10 million dollar benefit limit) for guys who could get drafted but prefer to stay in school with the risk that one injury wipes out all that 7-figure earnings potential. If that's the case, and it applies to Rabb, that answers a lot of questions; AND it raises questions about Jaylen (the only answers to which I could think of was that his family needed (or wanted) the money sooner rather than later.
NYCGOBEARS
mikecohen;842681382 said:

Somebody on this Board mentioned something about the NCAA having an insurance program (with a 10 million dollar benefit limit) for guys who could get drafted but prefer to stay in school with the risk that one injury wipes out all that 7-figure earnings potential. If that's the case, and it applies to Rabb, that answers a lot of questions; AND it raises questions about Jaylen (the only answers to which I could think of was that his family needed (or wanted) the money sooner rather than later.

Jaylen's draft stock was never going to rise any higher. He's smart to leave.
First Page Last Page
Page 315 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.