cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,263,527 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842160359 said:

idrissa diallo & mentor/coach william middlebrooks are moving forward in the recruitment process with the bears and providing the necessary academic records & transcripts for official acceptance to cal

iddy is a strong student with a 3.3 gpa & 3.7 gpa last semester...hopefully the cal admissions office will not require any schooling paperwork from his native senegal but that will not likely be the case

if acceptance/clearance is confirmed, expect an official visit shortly thereafter...

diallo is a 4 star elite physical talent with a current 2/3 star game...if gregg gottlieb & monty can work with idrissa on positioning/footwork to better seal & finish rather than low % fade aways, iddy's upside is tremendous particularly with distributor/facilitator pg amhaad rorie delivering the rock down low

idrissa diallo=devon hardin

the grind#
summer breezes#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (includng senegal)

high priority idrissa diallo will be officially visiting cal on the electric ohio state sept 14-15 weekend along with amhaad rorie & thomas welsh

the guys will have a chance to tour the university & its world class facilities along with playing a little pick up bb too

fly with the bird#
the grind#
summer breezes#

the university of califonia, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including senegal)
SFCityBear
Shocky1;842162201 said:

Say it isn't so, Shocky.

My strongest memories of Hardin were ferocious shot blocks, with the ball being swatted up into the stands, instead of tapped to a teammate, and equally ferocious slam dunk attempts, where the ball caromed off the rim, sailing way up into the rafters of Haas Pavilion. Four years of memories like these. Incredible NBA body, but not able to unlearn these bad habits. Either that, or Ben Braun did not recognize that these types of shot blocks and dunk attempts were hurting both the team and the player. I think
Braun just wasn't able to convince Hardin to abandon these habits. I don't know that Montgomery would have had any better luck with Hardin.
petalumabear
SFCity -
I would venture a guess that Shocky is comparing Diallo physically to Devon and also from a development perspective. Diallo is supposedly a pretty good student with a great build a la Hardin... I would be happy to get Diallo and would also expect that his development would be superior to hardin by the time he graduated... poor old Bennie Braun wasn't much on the development of his players... so have faith!!

and

:Monty
SFCityBear
petalumabear;842162221 said:

SFCity -
I would venture a guess that Shocky is comparing Diallo physically to Devon and also from a development perspective. Diallo is supposedly a pretty good student with a great build a la Hardin... I would be happy to get Diallo and would also expect that his development would be superior to hardin by the time he graduated... poor old Bennie Braun wasn't much on the development of his players... so have faith!!

and

You are probably right on all counts. I did see a clip somewhere of Diallo, and he looked pretty good in that one.
south bender
petalumabear;842162221 said:

SFCity -

and

Totally agree.

Indeed, if Hardin were just now coming out of high school, I would be thrilled if Monty had signed him.

Can't imagine the memories recalled by SFCB would be repeated with Monty at the helm.

Go Bears!
Shocky1
Shocky1;842157039 said:

ucla isn't the only school with major problems at pg

usc lost pg jio fontran from last year's underachieving usc team...his 168 assists were a 100+ more than any other player...the trojans did not bring in a pac 12 level pg this year & like the bruins are frentically pursuing a pg for 2014 with only mclaughlin a valued prospect...i dunno, maybe coach endfield has a son who can play pg too

on the other hand, idrissa diallo's summertime buddy amhaad rorie will be joining cal in 2014

hmmmm.................

this is usc basketball#

coach endfield's innovative solution to usc's pg problems is to bring in pe'shon howard from maryland for a couple of months

howard shot a crooked .291% on fgs & .241% on 3 pters last season for the terps...i dunno, maybe pe'show just needs some contacts or something

but what is indisputable is pe'shon's ability to fight...on april 28, 2012 police went to the shanghai cafe on route 1 at 3.25 am on a sat nite & arrested howard for taunting another detained individual and then refusing to desist when told to do so by the police

coach endfield is bringing in a good sized pg (6'3") with a criminal record who shoots like a blind man for 6 months (sept to feb) to lead the trojans

oski better not **** off pe'shon this season...

fight on#
this is usc basketball#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842147981 said:

travis decuire is in china for 12 days as part of the pac 12 globalization initiative along with craig robinson & ernie kent (hope ernie doesn't give travis any pointers on how to schmooze the wives of donors)

lost in translation#

travis aint short#
Shocky1
*****amhaad jason rorie-potential mcdonalds all american is a highly skilled distributor, facilitator & scorer at pg...3.6 gpa at lincoln will be more challenged (and hence better prepared for the transition to cal) both academically & athletically at montverde...will be taking his official visit on the electric ohio state fb sept 14-15th weekend...my favorite monster class quote is amhaad saying "won't feel satisfied until moms stops workin"...both amhaad & his selfless mom* rhonetta thomas are perfect cal fits & he is the true leader of the 2014 monster class

*like ahmaad, the shockster is a proud momma's boy

*****thomas welsh-top 50 player in the 2014 class & the best center on the west coast...7' & 240 lbs who improved significantly this summer...gregg gottlieb was the 1st coach from a major program to identify & offer tw...will be taking his official visit (and his 1st official overall) on sept 14-15th...3.7 gpa at academically rigorous loyola...this is likely a cal vs stanford battle with ucla as the wildcard

*****idrissa diallo-4 star physical talent with 2/3 star current skills (currently prefers low % fade aways vs using his dwight howard body type to seal & finish) ...huge upside, shades of devon hardin...mentor/coach william middlebrooks has a longtime relationship with alan crabbe & family...3.2 core gpa overall & 3.7 gpa last semester...will be taking his official visit with amhaad & tw on sept 14-15th...coordination efforts are being made now to fly out his parents from senegal for his official visit, idy has not seen them since may of 2011...diallo's current plan is still to also take officials to both ucla & usc but a potential monster class bonding weekend in sept could seal the deal

*****malik pope-top 10 player in the 2014 class when healthy he is a program impact changing recruit...current 2.9 gpa, 2.5 gpa old (too much video gaming) & targeting "3.2-3.3" for this fall semester at laguna creek (elk grove)...switched hs several times in part due to bad advice from arizona wash out josiah turner's mom...6'8" 205 lbs highly skilled 3 who can slide to the 4...if pope can continue to improve academically, cal will be a serious player as his mom nicole values education (she aspires to open an afterschool educational program) and would prefer he stay local...warm weather guy will not be impressed with the nw pac 12 schools & gonzaga and kansas if he takes officials during the winter...pope's likely signing in the spring works in the bear's favor

*****sami eleraky (waldo)-6'11" 240 extremely mobile big man from denmark who studied for one uncomfortable semester at barton cc in kansas before transferring to sfcc to play for the highest winning % (87.6%) coach in the history of college basketball, former cal walk on justin labagh...sami needs 60 units to transfer & cannot take any officials per ncaa guidelines until he completes 2 fulltime semesters at sfcc...of course he can always attend a cal fb game with his coach & teammates but cannot speak to any cal bb coaches if he bumps into them...check out the rams 1st game on friday november 8th

*****dj wilson-6'8" 200 lbs 3 from capital christian (sacramento) has risen his stock significantly this summer with growing interest from the bears...would probably need to a blueshirt yr to focus upon s&c with scott thom...officials scheduled to michigan, gonzaga & columba...a very coachable player that rocks a 4.0 gpa, my take is that if either cal or stanford extend an actionable offer, dj will accept the local offer...wilson is wisely being patient & is likely a spring signer

longshots:

****chris egi-bears staff really like the canadian big man with a 4.0 gpa who is officially visiting harvard, stanford, vanderbilt & washington (what school doesn't fit academically with the others...hmmmm)...will be a teammate of rorie at montverde this season

****tory miller-david kravish's hs teammate has officials scheduled to asu, iowa, colorado, marquette & miami

mom matters#
the grind#
summer breezes#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including senegal and denmark)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842158565 said:

this is cal football#

chimezie metu & colin slater both sat down right before kickoff in the esp section with their cal hosts travis decuire & gregg gottlieb during their unofficials to berkeley yesterday...they saw/heard memorial go crazy/cannon shooting after the fg gadget play touchdown...then with 5 minutes left in the 1st quarter, they all got up & headed up the stairs to the next stop on the tour

one of the highlights of their visit was ballin with portland trail blazer alan crabbe (who told me at the oakland airport the next day that "those guys are really good")

metu is a big time 2015 forward with a 3.8 gpa at lawndale

slater is an elite 2016 pg with a 3.3 gpa at clovis north

the quantity & quality of blue chip 2015 & 2016 prospects with high caliber academic profiles that the cal bb staff is already building relationships & bonding with is staggering...travis already has a guard commit from the northwest for the 2017 class!

ivan rabb for 2015 remains the jewel of the cal recruiting efforts

50 yr decision#
summer nights in the bay#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world
parentswerebears
Wait. Commit or prospect?
Shocky1
parentswerebears;842165504 said:

Wait. Commit or prospect?

don't be a cheap azz, spend a few $ & get the full scoop from john foletta who broke this story

my take is that if the bears offer jordan mathew's 2016 bro jonah (who is already starting to blow up), he would be a 2nd near lock commit too
parentswerebears
Oh. Didn't realize that was already out there. Also, as a teacher in public schools, have to be cheap. Guess knowledge costs $. Tough cookies for me!
Shocky1

this is what the 2012 pac 12 mvp looked like this morning at the oakland airport while going thru tsa on his way back to portland

alan crabbe told me likes portland but that he really enjoyed seeing again his best friend solo, former teammates (including jerome randle who was also hanging in berkeley this weekend), the new monster class (very impressed with jabari) & cal bb coaches/staff

ac told me he still "has a little work to do" to get his degree & left the impression that he will pursue completing his cal degree...just as importantly, crabbe confirmed that he left cal in good academic standing & therefore his departure to the nba will not impact cal's future apr calculations*

*apr calculations are often negatively impacted by nba prospects quiting school (if not earlier) after their final college game in order to work with trainers in preparation for the nba scouting combines...crabbe protected cal's apr by properly withdrawing from school...anybody want to bet me bacardi chasers at the chateau marmont that when dwayne deadman left usc this spring that he didn't just flunk out?

alan told me that solo was around 210 lbs when they arrived in berkeley from price hs in la & that now richard is a legit 240 lbs...ac thinks solo will have a great sr season & that the syracuse game might be an indication of solo's future play

i asked him about playing w/chimezie metu & colin slater in the pick up game and he said "those guys are really good"

ac also told me that justin cobbs is out of his boot & walking around and is "ahead of schedule"

regarding the cal monster class, alan told me "we didn't have the kind of depth when i was there"

alan crabbe is polite, articulate & soft spoken...he is forever a california golden bear & a terrific representative of the cal bb program...his mom cheryl should be very proud of her son

mom matters#
the grind#
summer breezes#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public universitiy in the world
Shocky1
parentswerebears;842165856 said:

Oh. Didn't realize that was already out there. Also, as a teacher in public schools, have to be cheap. Guess knowledge costs $. Tough cookies for me!

pwb, you are my hero, the future of young people around the globe is in your hands & those of your peers

my dad was a public school teacher too...don't remember ever eating any "tough cookies" growing up tho

HoopDreams
Another entry in The Shockter's personal blog

Great update on AC. thanks to the Shockster!

Shocky1;842165922 said:

this is what the 2012 pac 12 mvp looked like this morning at the oakland airport while going thru tsa on his way back to portland

alan crabbe told me likes portland but that he really enjoyed seeing again his best friend solo, former teammates (including jerome randle who was also hanging in berkeley this weekend), the new monster class (very impressed with jabari) & cal bb coaches/staff

ac told me he still "has a little work to do" to get his degree & left the impression that he will pursue completing his cal degree...just as importantly, crabbe confirmed that he left cal in good academic standing & therefore his departure to the nba will not impact cal's future apr calculations*

*apr calculations are often negatively impacted by nba prospects quiting school (if not earlier) after their final college game in order to work with trainers in preparation for the nba scouting combines...crabbe protected cal's apr by properly withdrawing from school...anybody want to bet me bacardi chasers at the chateau marmont that when dwayne deadman left usc this spring that he didn't just flunk out?

alan told me that solo was around 210 lbs when they arrived in berkeley from price hs in la & that now richard is a legit 240 lbs...ac thinks solo will have a great sr season & that the syracuse game might be an indication of solo's future play

i asked him about playing w/chimezie metu & colin slater in the pick up game and he said "those guys are really good"

ac also told me that justin cobbs is out of his boot & walking around and is "ahead of schedule"

regarding the cal monster class, alan told me "we didn't have the kind of depth when i was there"

alan crabbe is polite, articulate & soft spoken...he is forever a california golden bear & a terrific representative of the cal bb program...his mom cheryl should be very proud of her son

mom matters#
the grind#
summer breezes#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public universitiy in the world
HoopDreams
cool that the recruits saw the very nice Memorial Stadium facilities and luxury seats, but I think they should sit the recruits in the middle (or at least the isle right next to) the student section

It's a ton of fun there, and if I'm a HS student, I'd much rather feel that vibe then sit in comfortable seats with polite, but quiet alums

Shocky1;842165284 said:

chimezie metu & colin slater both sat down right before kickoff in the esp section with their cal hosts travis decuire & gregg gottlieb during their unofficials to berkeley yesterday...they saw/heard memorial go crazy/cannon shooting after the fg gadget play touchdown...then with 5 minutes left in the 1st quarter, they all got up & headed up the stairs to the next stop on the tour
SFBearz
Shocky1;842163556 said:

*****amhaad jason rorie-potential mcdonalds all american is a highly skilled distributor, facilitator & scorer at pg...3.6 gpa at lincoln will be more challenged (and hence better prepared for the transition to cal) both academically & athletically at montverde...will be taking his official visit on the electric ohio state fb sept 14-15th weekend...my favorite monster class quote is amhaad saying "won't feel satisfied until moms stops workin"...both amhaad & his selfless mom* rhonetta thomas are perfect cal fits & he is the true leader of the 2014 monster class

*like ahmaad, the shockster is a proud momma's boy

*****thomas welsh-top 50 player in the 2014 class & the best center on the west coast...7' & 240 lbs who improved significantly this summer...gregg gottlieb was the 1st coach from a major program to identify & offer tw...will be taking his official visit (and his 1st official overall) on sept 14-15th...3.7 gpa at academically rigorous loyola...this is likely a cal vs stanford battle with ucla as the wildcard

*****idrissa diallo-4 star physical talent with 2/3 star current skills (currently prefers low % fade aways vs using his dwight howard body type to seal & finish) ...huge upside, shades of devon hardin...mentor/coach william middlebrooks has a longtime relationship with alan crabbe & family...3.3 gpa overall & 3.7 gpa last semester...will be taking his official visit with amhaad & tw on sept 14-15th...coordination efforts are being made now to fly out his parents from senegal for his official visit, iddy has not seen them since may of 2011...diallo's current plan is still to also take officials to both ucla & usc but a potential monster class bonding weekend in sept could seal the deal

*****malik pope-top 10 player in the 2014 class when healthy he is a program impact changing recruit...current 2.9 gpa, 2.5 gpa old (too much video gaming) & targeting "3.2-3.3" for this fall semester at laguna creek (elk grove)...switched hs several times in part due to bad advice from arizona wash out josiah turner's mom...6'8" 205 lbs highly skilled 3 who can slide to the 4...if pope can continue to improve academically, cal will be a serious player as his mom nicole values education (she aspires to open an afterschool educational program) and would prefer he stay local...warm weather guy will not be impressed with the nw pac 12 schools & gonzaga and kansas if he takes officials during the winter...pope's likely signing in the spring works in the bear's favor

*****sami eleraky (waldo)-6'11" 240 extremely mobile big man from denmark who studied for one uncomfortable semester at barton cc in kansas before transferring to sfcc to play for the highest winning % (87.6%) coach in the history of college basketball, former cal walk on justin labagh...sami needs 60 units to transfer & cannot take any officials per ncaa guidelines until he completes 2 fulltime semesters at sfcc...of course he can always attend a cal fb game with his coach & teammates but cannot speak to any cal bb coaches if he bumps into them...check out the rams 1st game on friday november 8th

*****dj wilson-6'8" 200 lbs 3 from capital christian (sacramento) has risen his stock significantly this summer with growing interest from the bears...would probably need to a blueshirt yr to focus upon s&c with scott thom...officials scheduled to michigan, gonzaga & columba...a very coachable player that rocks a 4.0 gpa, my take is that if either cal or stanford extend an actionable offer, dj will accept the local offer...wilson is wisely being patient & is likely a spring signer

longshots:

****chris egi-bears staff really like the canadian big man with a 4.0 gpa who is officially visiting harvard, stanford, vanderbilt & washington (what school doesn't fit academically with the others...hmmmm)...will be a teammate of rorie at montverde this season

****tory miller-david kravish's hs teammate has officials scheduled to asu, iowa, colorado, marquette & miami

mom matters#
the grind#
summer breezes#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including senegal and denmark)

Yeah not even getting a visit from Tory Miller is disappointing. He's the only true inside power forward Cal seemed to have a chance with in the 2014 class. Welsh really is a huge need for Cal.
Shocky1
SFBearz;842166160 said:

Yeah not even getting a visit from Tory Miller is disappointing. He's the only true inside power forward Cal seemed to have a chance with in the 2014 class. Welsh really is a huge need for Cal.

sfbearz, the bears 2014 bigs war board is not only predicated upon athletic upside but also academics...tory miller's gpa is under 3.0...please reread my 2014 monster class bios & the academic qualifications (gpas) of the 6 bigs rated higher by the bears coaching staff

tory miller is a good bb player but not an ideal cal fit...he's moving forward with official visits to schools that have actionable offers, tm's not gonna be cal's safety dance partner

winnie the pooh-oski
eeyore-sfbearz
tigger-tyrone wallace
owl-mike montgomery
rabbit-gregg gottlieb
roo-amhaad rorie
heffalump-kameron rooks
woozles-richard solomon
kanga-amhaad's mom rhonetta thomas
christopher robin-john montgomery

HoopDreams
The Original Monster Class

SFBearz
Shocky1;842166207 said:

sfbearz, the bears 2014 bigs war board is not only predicated upon athletic upside but also academics...tory miller's gpa is under 3.0...please reread my 2014 monster class bios & the academic qualifications (gpas) of the 6 bigs rated higher by the bears coaching staff

tory miller is a good bb player but not an ideal cal fit...he's moving forward with official visits to schools that have actionable offers, tm's not gonna be cal's safety dance partner

winnie the pooh-oski
eeyore-sfbearz
tigger-tyrone wallace
owl-mike montgomery
rabbit-gregg gottlieb
roo-amhaad rorie
heffalump-kameron rooks
woozles-richard solomon
kanga-amhaad's mom rhonetta thomas
christopher robin-john montgomery

HS gpa is hardly the only good criterion for deciding if someone is a good fit for Cal or predictor of college success and both Miller and Pope should be huge priorities if they are willing to do the work in college.
concordtom
Shocky1;842165922 said:

alan crabbe is polite, articulate & soft spoken...

this is what I liked best about AC.
Not a dumbazz, as you might say.
concordtom
HoopDreams;842166215 said:

Great pic.
Reactions:
PC is stylin'. What's he up to these days?
Who's the dude in pink hanging over Solo?
Solo and Cobbs need to pull up their trousers.
Good to see Boykin! What's he doin?
Two fingers is peace sign. Two fingers plus a pinky is what?
It's apparently completely uncool to smile for strangers when they ask to take your picture. Like, "fine, I won't be rude and say no, bc I can't really stop you, but I sure as hell am not going to smile for you like your my best friend and I love being asked upon like this in public." also, there's the possibility of coordination foolery in a group photo like this, if one dude is smiling like a cheer boy and the others are stone faced - it's like, "yo, are we smiling in this one or not?"
Bearprof
The guy in pink: it's Wallace, isn't it?
goldfield9
Yes that is Wallace in the salmon colored shirt.
Shocky1

problem fixed#
diane milano doing her job (finally)#
SFBearz
Shocky1;842159157 said:

r

with no pgs on the roster for 2014, the bruins pg recruiting under alford is going nowhere fast

***amhaad rorie-commit to cal
***parker jackson-cartwright-commit to arizona
***josh perkins-parted ways with ucla today, heavy gonzaga lean (hc mark few attended all of his aau games this summer in person)
***robert cartwright-ignored by alford until too late, now waiting on stanford acceptance
***quentin snider-onetime louisville commit is an extreme ucla longshot thats indicated he's likely to stay close to home (ky)
***jordan mclaughlin-bruins safety dance pg is now a san diego state lean w/usc a close 2nd

apparently alford's riveting stories of playing under bobby knight 100 yrs ago isn't resonating very well with most 17 yr old recruits

hey but apparently there's a 5'7" pg at santa barbara cc that is very interested in starting for the bruins at pg in 2014...

this is ucla basketball#

ruh roh

-scooby doo

this is ucla basketball#

Re: Snider, on the contrary Ucla has a good shot at him. And top 40 wing Bluiett just committed.
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842166215 said:

left to right:

jamal boykin, the artist
justin cobbs, the ice man
patrick christopher, the scorer
alan crabbe, the reluctant star
richard solomon, the enforcer
tyrone wallace, the glue

where's rome?

50 yr friendships#
Shocky1
the summer of 2013 is gone but not without major achievements for the cal bb program:

***relentless s&c work under the direction of cal bb's summertime mvp, scott thom, particularly the bigs solo, doc kravish & (k)rooks

***tireless rehab work by cobbs, kreklow & behrens

***successful summer bridges both academically & s&c wise by the transitioning 2013 monster class led by hs all american jabari bird

***tireless travel by td, gottlieb & john monty (and even mr cranky pants at times) to position cal for potentially a 2014 monster class led by amhaad rorie

***relationship building with prospects & families from both the 2015 & 2016 classes with the crown jewel target being ivan rabb, the best player on planet earth for the 2015 class

last perfect thing#
the grind#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world
concordtom
Shocky1;842166989 said:

God, this is beautiful!
This is one of the very top reasons why I love Berkeley. The air! I feel bad for people elsewhere who never know what this is like. I been to 46 of the 50 states, and this is truly special. The 4 are MS, AL, LA, ND. They can't compete, neither can the other 45. There's a reason it costs thru the nose, ya know.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842160939 said:

what are the most apathetic & disinterested fan bases in college basketball?

according to jeff eisenberg the national college bb writer for yahoo sports the 3 worst drawing bcs d1 baskeball programs last season were:

1. usc (4,243 avg)
2. boston college (4,244 avg)
3. stanford (4,530 avg)

at least usc has the excuse that their home games are played in an area that is perceived as unsafe...fight on

stanford has no such excuses...johnny dawkins has run the program into the ground by missing the ncaa tnt each & every yr during his 5 (five) yrs in palo alto and nobody's going to the games anymore

if they miss the tnt again this season despite the large senior class, jd will be fired immediately after the final game

if they make the tnt, there is a 90% chance jd will be fired after likely losing 20+ games in 2014 with an inexperienced team

johnny dawkins will be fired because his teams have never made the ncaa tnt, the fans just don't care anymore & because he's a humorless, really uptight control freak that doesn't relate well to human beings

the odds on favorite to be the next head coach at stanford is harvard's tommy amaker who has done a terrific job of building an ivy league powerhouse...unfortunately for bigs like thomas welsh, playing in a hybrid princeton weave offense will not develop their skills for the next level

crickets

this is stanford basketball#

39-51=johnny dawkin's 5 yr record vs the pac 12

is belmont part of the pac 12?

adios johnny#
another nail in the coffin#
this is stanford basketball#
antipattern
p.s. Please dont post HUGE FREAKING PICTURES that make me have to scroll to read every post. Thanks.
Intermezzo
antipattern;842167630 said:

p.s. Please dont post HUGE FREAKING PICTURES that make me have to scroll to read every post. Thanks.

Amen. So annoying.
puget sound cal fan
I really like the sounds of Theo's observations. "They will compete and push guys."
Shocky1
Shocky1;842156051 said:

gregg gottlieb told me "all of our post players have shown improvement and changed/improved physically...we hope that david and richard make a jump to being able to provide a little more offense than they have in the past but that has to be proven in games against other good players"

"we like rooks...he has a chance to be very good..he is not a great athlete but has tremendous size and good hands"

"christian behrens is still not cleared to play live basketball but we anticipate him being ready to play when the season starts...he will be given every opportunity to prove he can help us!"

real talk#
the grind#
summer breezes#

richard solomon is now 240 lbs & david kravish is now 230 lbs per s&c drill master scott thom

they both now (finally) have the hardened bodies necessary to dominate in the pac 12 if they can bring a relentless mental toughness every single game

solo has a bb career beyond this year (perhaps even in the nba if he can channel the unbreakable mindset he brought to the syracuse ncca game)...professionals don't pick & choose when they are going to show up or whine at the refs or pick up ticky tack stooopid fouls (and then sit on the bench)

2012 pac 12 rebounding leaders:

1) andre roberson (nba) colorado 11.3 rpg
2) eric moreland (academically ineligible) oregon state 10.6 rpg
3) arsalan kazemi (nba) oregon 9.5 rpg
4) josh huestis stanford 9.3 rpg
5) aziz n'diaye (europe) washington 9.2 rpg
6) kyle anderson ucla 8.6 rpg
7) carrick felix (nba) arizona state 8.2 rpg
7) dwight powell stanford 8.2 rpg
9) dwayne deadman (not drafted) usc 7.0 rpg
9) jordan loveridge utah 7.0 rpg
11) david kravish cal 6.9 rpg
12) jason washburn (europe) utah 6.8 rpg
13) desmond simmons washington 6.6 rpg
13) richard solomon cal 6.6 rpg

in order for the bears to rock a monster 2013 season both solo & doc kravish need to be in the top 5 for pac 12 rebounding with a menacing demeanor

kameron rooks & jabari bird also need to clean the glass for the bears

no more mr nice guys#
jailbreak#
the grind#
SFCityBear
Shocky1;842168072 said:

richard solomon is now 240 lbs & david kravish is now 230 lbs per s&c drill master scott thom

they both now (finally) have the hardened bodies necessary to dominate in the pac 12 if they can bring a relentless mental toughness every single game

solo has a bb career beyond this year (perhaps even in the nba if he can channel the unbreakable mindset he brought to the syracuse ncca game)...professionals don't pick & choose when they are going to show up or whine at the refs or pick up ticky tack stooopid fouls (and then sit on the bench)

2012 pac 12 rebounding leaders:

1) andre roberson (nba) colorado 11.3 rpg
2) eric moreland (academically ineligible) oregon state 10.6 rpg
3) arsalan kazemi (nba) oregon 9.5 rpg
4) josh huestis stanford 9.3 rpg
5) aziz n'diaye (europe) washington 9.2 rpg
6) kyle anderson ucla 8.6 rpg
7) carrick felix (nba) arizona state 8.2 rpg
7) dwight powell stanford 8.2 rpg
9) dwayne deadman (not drafted) usc 7.0 rpg
9) jordan loveridge utah 7.0 rpg
11) david kravish cal 6.9 rpg
12) jason washburn (europe) utah 6.8 rpg
13) desmond simmons washington 6.6 rpg
13) richard solomon cal 6.6 rpg

in order for the bears to rock a monster 2013 season both solo & doc kravish need to be in the top 5 for pac 12 rebounding with a menacing demeanor

kameron rooks & jabari bird also need to clean the glass for the bears

no more mr nice guys#
jailbreak#
the grind#

Oregon transfer Mike Moser (10.5 rebounds per game at UNLV as a soph), if he is healthy, should be in the mix to be a top rebounder in the PAC12.
First Page Last Page
Page 36 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.