cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,260,654 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
antipattern
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HaloBear;842195350 said:

... "Unbreakable," which is on my personal top 10 list.

top 10 movies?
Shocky1
allison stokke, cal pole vaulter & finalist for the us t&f team for the 2012 london olympics

south bender
Cal basketball, golf courses, and, among many other topics, Shocky's Cal -Playboy photos!
Shocky1
HaloBear;842195350 said:

This would go a long way towards explaining the quality of his films since "Unbreakable," which is on my personal top 10 list. He's taken a Tedfordesque tumble.

agreed, unbreakable is one of my 10 favorite movies

Shocky1
last weekend sacramento's grant hs cameron oliver & his dad doyle made their 1st official visit, a fun & informative trip to cal

oliver is 6'8", 205 lbs with the frame to add another 20-30 lbs of muscle & missed his jr yr due to an acl tear

the bears interest was solidified by cameron's spectacular breakout performance at the recent elite 50 (a showcase for sacramento talent during which malik pope broke the same leg for the 2nd time during warm ups) with travis decuire making the initial contacts

oliver creates tremendous match up nightmares for opponents with his dominating size & consistent 15+ ft jumper for a 3 yet supreme quicks & thundering dunks as a 4

the bears staff has outlined an academic gameplan for cameron to be both ncaa & cal eligible which will involve achieving solid sat scores and raising both his chemistry & english grades to elevate his current almost 3.0 gpa

my take is that oliver (who has the relentless under control fiery edge/competitiveness like the cal monster class) decides to wait until the spring signing period (for an actionable firmed up cal offer) to continue working both in the classroom and the bb court that the bears will be in the driver's seat as his dad doyle & family value cal's close proximity & world class education to open doors down the road

cal family#
unbreakable#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including sacramento)
HoopDreams
season coming...

calfanz
Wholy Crapola.
icecream12345
calfanz;842197193 said:

Wholy Crapola.

a rookie mistake
Shocky1
Shocky1;842166626 said:

problem fixed#
diane milano doing her job (finally)#

that would be cal standout qb, aaron rodgers, 3.6 gpa/1300 sat

this yr the green bay packers & rodgers agreed on a 5 yr $110m contract extension making ar the highest paid per season player in nfl history

aaron rodgers=cal student athlete

cal family#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including wisconsin)

Shocky1
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonnazar/2013/07/23/20-things-20-year-olds-dont-get/

clueless#
Shocky1
"i love san francisco man this is home for real"

-jm

city by the bay#
california dreamin'#

Shocky1
"in and out for the first time since I've been in cali"

-ss

for a guy offered by harvard, singer is kinda slow on the uptake...

scott thom's revenge#

Shocky1
Shocky1;842193483 said:

check out the link re: alford's insincere decade later half azz apology for protecting a convicted serial rapist...wonder if the women violated by pierre pierce accept this apology for alford's role in these lifetime of pain crimes against them

as the father of 2 teenage girls, i strongly believe that enablers of violent crimes against females such as steve alford should be criminally prosecuted & sentenced the same as rapists

rot in hell#

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2013/04/11/ucla-steve-alford-sexual-assault-pierce-iowa-2002/2074995/

during labor day weekend of 2010 tony woods beat the crap out of his girlfriend in front of their 8 month old child...woods was arrested and charged with three counts of assault for kicking and pushing courney lorel barbout who suffered a fracture of her spine in the attack

against the 6'11" 250 lbs woods, courney had no chance to protect herself

wake forest did the right thing and suspended woods

so oregon's sleazeball mbb hc dana altman recruited woods to shore up the ducks interior defense

steve alford & dana altman are enablers of players that commit crimes of violence against women if it means they might win a few more games

pathetic human beings#
coaching hall of shame#
petalumabear
Shocky1;842198030 said:

"in and out for the first time since I've been in cali"

-ss

for a guy offered by harvard, singer is kinda slow on the uptake...

scott thom's revenge#

WHAAAAAAT??????

No animal fries shockster? Teach Mr. singer to be really bad if he's gonna go there.....
antipattern
petalumabear;842198368 said:

WHAAAAAAT??????

No animal fries shockster? Teach Mr. singer to be really bad if he's gonna go there.....

I believe that's a stock photo, not an actual historical document.

I'm OK with no animal fries, and I applaud the choice of pickles and grilled onions. But that appears to be two cheeseburgers instead of one double-double, which I do not support.
petalumabear
antipattern;842198424 said:

I believe that's a stock photo, not an actual historical document.

I'm OK with no animal fries, and I applaud the choice of pickles and grilled onions. But that appears to be two cheeseburgers instead of one double-double, which I do not support.

Thanks for sharing your "approved" menu Anti. But I was just having some fun with Shocky so please try and understand when I say I could care less about your "approval".
antipattern
petalumabear;842198435 said:

Thanks for sharing your "approved" menu Anti. But I was just having some fun with Shocky so please try and understand when I say I could care less about your "approval".

You're welcome.
Civil Bear
wasn't it NVL that went for the cycle?
Shocky1
petalumabear;842198368 said:

WHAAAAAAT??????

petaluma & antipattern=feisty bears

sonny could use a few more hard hitting, smack talking safeties like those 2 bears

animal fries, heart attack city#

NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1;842198559 said:

sonny could use a few more hard hitting, smack talking safeties like those 2 bears

Man that looks nasty.
Shocky1
huge oct 19th upcoming weekend for the cal bb program as idrissa diallo will be officially visiting berkeley along with coach/mentor william middlebrooks & his parents flying in from senegal

how mentally tough is idrissa diallo?

iddy has not seen his parents since may of 2011 while he pursues his academic & basketball dreams in the united states

cal is currently idy's only planned official visit despite offers from ucla, usc, colorado & oregon

idrissa diallo=devon hardin

50 yr decision#
50 yr friendships#
cal family#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including senegal)

parentswerebears
NYCGOBEARS;842198563 said:

Man that looks nasty.

Oh, but it tastes so good!
petalumabear
Shocky1;842198559 said:

Thanks Shock! Toast w/animal fries to ss...
With a dollop of sauce to anti.
HoopDreams
long, athletic with a good frame
needs to improve fundamentals, but can't think of a better coach to teach post players
he will be VERY involved in Cal's offense (and defense)

Shocky1;842198571 said:

huge oct 19th upcoming weekend for the cal bb program as idrissa diallo will be officially visiting berkeley along with coach/mentor william middlebrooks & his parents flying in from senegal

iddy has not seen his parents since may of 2011 while he pursues his academic & basketball dreams in the united states

cal is currently iddy's only planned official visit despite offers from ucla, usc, colorado & oregon

50 yr decision#
50 yr friendships#
cal family#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including senegal)

Shocky1
Shocky1;842198571 said:

cal is currently idy's only planned official visit despite offers from ucla, usc, colorado & oregon

50 yr decision#
50 yr friendships#
cal family#

roger moute a bidias: cameroon to berkeley=8349 miles
idrissa diallo: senegal to berkeley=6401 miles

world travelers#
men of adventure#
cal family#

Shocky1
bleu0;842120489 said:

While Cameroon and Senegal are geographically distant from each other, culturally they share a lot of commonalities, not only as bantu cultures but as francophone former French colonies of west and central Africa. Their immigrants often coexist in the same neighbourhoods of Paris, and they have more in common with each other than with African nations formerly under English colonial rule. Or with profoundly different cultural oddballs like Ethiopia. The Ethiopian community in the Bay area, for example, may not be such a big draw for young Senegalese or Camerounais. Different foods, different religions, etc.

If both RMAB and Diallo grew up in Africa, I have to believe this can only help Cal's recruiting efforts with Diallo. I wouldn't be at all surprised if RMAB ended up hosting Diallo on an official visit.

HoopDreams
Moute a Bidias = 6-7 Athletic Warrior!

Shocky1
Shocky1;842120544 said:

...to berkeley, california

bleu, thx you for drawing attention to the subtle nuances between countries within africa

while bak bak (who is originally from sudan and raised in nairobi, kenya) played a role in visiting with richard moute a bidias (cameroon) at the team banquet at memorial, i agree that it would make sense for rmab to host idrissa diallo (senegal) on his official visit (the critical 2013 bb official visit dates could be the frenzied ohio state fb game weekend in sept)...diallo (who is likely a ucla, usc & cal battle imo) will also visit berkeley this summer with his hs coach william middlebrooks (longtime & well regarded so cal coach w/a longtime friendship with alan crabbe)

like the entire current cal bb team, diallo is an excellent student athelte with a 3.33 gpa...athletically he is as gifted as devon hardin and is the top 2014 bears big man priority (along with thomas welsh, evan fitzer & maybe sami if he enrolls at sfcc this summer) to join potential mcdonalds all american facilitator/scorer amhaad rorie

what are diallo's longterm goals?

"my goal is to be able to travel back to africa and help people...there are a lot of problems there, things like not enough clean drinking water...i have two sisters and women there aren't always treated well so i want to be able to help them too"

absolutely the best article i have ever read in the daily cal is jonathan kuperberg's feb 13th "morning glory: bak bak's seach for a home" which factually (and emotionally) chronicles bak bak being born in to war and then traversing the globe for survial

in my quest of playing the world's top 100 golf courses, i traveled (a 10 hr nonstop to heathrow followed by another 10 hr flight to cape town) for a 3 week tour of africa

while durban cc is the golfing gem of africa with its wildly natural & undulating fairways (monkeys steal your balls on the 7th fairway) plays thru the bush with views of the indian ocean, the highlight for me of this special day was my caddie "jordan" (wore a chicago bulls cap)...we walked & talked for 36 holes re: music & food with him providing local commentary regarding the then upcoming world cup soccer competition to be hosted by his country...at the end of the rounds, despite the local caddie fee being $9 usd in south african rand currency, i gave jordan my usual caddie payment of $100 usd per round plus my golf shoes (his tennis shoes had holes in them held together by tape) & we shook hands in saying our goodbyes (until we meet again)

while cape town first reminded me of sydney (and auckland) with its sun drenched weather and ocean port city with ultra high end hotels (stayed at the uber lux 12 apostles) backed by a magnificient mountain range (table mountain overlooks nelson mandela's prison island off shore), a visit to a shantytown quickly erases those comparisons

the most exciiting thing i have ever done in my life (thus far) is going on safari at the mala mala resort (which is reached by a small private plane) in kruger national park...being yards away from the "big 5" creatures is beyond words and an experience that everyone with the opportunity to visit africa should not miss

giraffes matter#

Big C
What, exactly, are "animal fries"?

Edit: Nevermind, I just "bing"ed it (needed to put quotation marks so that it was clear I didn't binge on them). They look and sound absolutely gross, but then, if I were thirty years younger, I'd probably be lappin' 'em up.
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842178894 said:

this is your 1st opportunity to see jb (and his old man carl) & the monster class up close near the floor at haas free of charge this sat oct 19th from 3:00-4:30 pm as monty & travis are offering you a peek behind the curtains of the 2013-14 california golden bears

sit courtside next to mr cranky pants & give him unsolicited advice on this year's potential playing rotations for his deepest bears team yet...monty will thank you no doubt

and make sure to warmly welcome idrissa diallo, his coach/mentor william middlebrooks & iddy's parents visiting from senegal to berkeley

fly with the bird#
the grind#
unbreakable#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including senegal & tacoma)
HoopDreams
Optimistic Bear
This is the greatest thread of all time.

Shocky, question, what happened recently with UCLA and Welsh that has them so nervous he might still come to Cal or even maybe Colorado?

Cal is going to be top 15 this year I can feel it.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842132153 said:

name: idrissa diallo

class: 2014

gpa: 3.2 (3.7 last semester)

height: 6'11"

weight: 230 lbs

position: 4 (could slide to 5)

nation of origin: senegal

hs: cathedral (los angeles)

hs coach: william middlebrooks

aau team: compton magic

cal unofficial: june 20, 2013

cal official: october 19, 2013 with mentor willliam middlebrooks & parents flying in from sengegal

cal connections:
1) coach/mentor william middlebrooks has a longtime relationship with alan crabbe & family
2) 2014 facilitator/distributor/mcdonalds all american candidate & monster class leader amhaad rorie played with diallo in virginia...idrissa on rorie: "it's great playing with him...he's a good passer and i want someone (at pg) who is willing to share the ball and get it to me where i like it"

family: sportsman father played soccer, vb & bb...stands 6'3"
mom 5'10"
sisters in senegal (idrissa is very concerned about their futures in africa)
grandfather 6'11"

college leaders: cal (offer)
ucla (offer)
usc (offer)
colorado (offer)
oregon (offer)

weather preference: diallo, like the shockster, is a warm weather kind of guy

diallo quotes: "we (monty) talk and he seems to be a great coach...he seems to be great, great, great guy...he told me a lot about how he values relationships with his players...that's one of the things i want to see among the colleges, a coach with whom i can feel comfortable...after we talked, i got an idea of the kind of person and the kind of coach he is and how he treats his players...he also told me about the way that they play and it's a good fit for me...i can see myself playing for him"

diallo also speaks highly of relentless recruiter gregg gottlieb

shockster opinion: diallo reminds me of devon hardin at the same stage in his career when he left newark memorial for cal & eventually developed into the 50th overall nba draft pick of the seattle supersonics

idy is the most physically gifted big man on the west coast for 2014 but with limited experience and does not yet seal & finish (prefers low % fade aways)...he runs the floor well, blocks shots 2 feet over the rim and does not shy away from inside banging in the paint

the diallo recruitment may boil down to which college bb program will best feature & develop his post game skill set & what school's pg will share the ball with idrissa

sluggo_Cal
Shocky1;842199589 said:

Idrissa Diallo > Devon Hardin

Sluggo
tsubamoto2001
sluggo_Cal;842199592 said:

Idrissa Diallo > Devon Hardin

Sluggo

Sorry, but that's BS. Devon was a stud in HS (averaged nearly a triple double at Newark Memorial) and was far ahead of where Diallo currently is at a similar stage. I don't understand the flak he gets from some on this board. He didn't do anything to embarrass the program. He just simply didn't develop into the player many felt he could be.
First Page Last Page
Page 42 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.