cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,264,439 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

jeff powers=greatest 4 pt shooter in the history of cal basketball

let it fly#

Shocky1
Shocky1;842211949 said:

alex morgan led cal to 4 straight ncaa women's soccer tnts & the usa team to a gold medal at the 2012 london olympic games

her hobbies include finger painting...

cal family#

forgot to mention that alex graduated from cal in 3 & 1/2 yrs with a degree in political economy of industrial societies with a cumulative gpa of 3.256

alex morgan=cal student athlete

cal family#
twerking#

chap stick sales are trending upward

and skittles revenues ain't doing too bad either

Shocky1
Shocky1;842194785 said:

:gobears:

"when i think about stopping, i also think of how my mother hasn't stopped"

one love#
unbreakable#

mistakes have been made & ahmaad is back in tacoma

the cal bb staff told me ahmaad will still be arriving in berkeley this summer

life goes on, we all learn from our experiences...no worries

cal family#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842222381 said:

oscar frayer (2016 alan crabbe jr) & damari milstead (2017 top ranked pg in nor cal) made unofficial visits to berkeley for monday night's bears mauling of denver

oscar & damari also played in an informal pick up game with many of the current bears at the rsf prior to the ohio state fb game in sept

both play for moreau catholic (18-10 last season with a predominantly underclassmen team) & hc frank knight (former all state guard at oakland fremont)

knight is building something special at mc (hayward) with his high expectations for his players both academically & athletically...like justin labagh at ccsf, many of frank knight's players will be well qualified to earn schollys if they work hard & follow his principles of success

"if you want to do something transformative and want to be challenged in the classroom and on the court, then moreau would be a good fit"

-frank knight

go mariners#
cal family#
bay areas finest#
the grind#
unbreakable#

oscar frayer

damari milstead

damari milstead distributed the ball & facilitated his teammates along with scoring 11 pts & oscar frayer played tough for 12 boards & 18 pts as the moreau catholic mariners (12-4) shipwrecked & stole some booty from the irvington vikings 67-49

damari, a cal offeree, is averaging a team high 15.3 ppg & is arguably the top pg prospect in the west for 2017

oscar, who is close to receiving a cal offer, is averaging a team high 10.7 boards & 3.1 blocks & is an elite wing for 2016

cal family#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including hayward)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842228828 said:

mentor/coach william middlebrooks is a man of integrity & inner strength who has always protected idrissa diallo's best interests

college basketball has an often unseen sewage system operated by bottom feeders, it is reassuring to know that their are beacons of light like w. middlebrooks

coach will be visiting berkeley again after the cathedral hs is over along with brazilian lucas siewert 6'9" 220 lbs, a fluid 2016 blooming star with his 1st offer from the university of california, berkeley

the coaching staff better start brushing up on their portuguese...

muito obrigado, sehnor middlebrooks!

university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including senegal & brazil)

cal was the 1st school to offer the emerging brazilian star last fall as the cal bb staff continues to relentlessly build strong relationships with key targets from the 2015-2017 classes (the bears already have a family near lock commit for both the 2016 & 2017 classes)

like teammate idrissa diallo, lucas siewert is an academic honor roll student which is a defining characteristic of hard working cal student athletes (not being a hs 2.5 gpa dumb azz baller)

lucas had his best game of the yr this week in scoring 15 pts on 6-9 fgs including 3-5 3 pters & 5 boards as the cathedral phantoms (10-1) jousted the arch rival price knights (alan price dnp) 82-80...siewert was named his team's game mvp for his gutty effort in playing tough despite being dinged up

the young brazilian will likely visit the diverse berkeley campus with its international flair after this season with coach middlebrooks

boi noite

go phantoms#
cal family#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842209799 said:

former cal all american (and graduate) & phoenix suns all star ($30+m nba earnings) & current mayor of sacramento kevin Johnson (sac high alumnus) talks about the importance of a strong hs education:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/28/living/schools-mayors-education/index.html

political analysts speculate that kj's next office may be the governor of california which would then lead to a run for the white house...would be very cool to see a framed portrait of oski in the oval office...how many bb programs (princeton & bill bradley comes to mind) ever have produced a potential future candidate for the president of the united states?

key bears sacramento targets cameron oliver (2014), marquese chriss (2015), solomon young (2016), christian terrell (2016) & tre finch (2016) will hopefully continue to focus on competing both on the basketball court & in the classroom

cal degree+hard work=opens doors in life

cal family#
unbreakable#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including sacramento)

cal family#
education matters#
fashion matters (fuschia is the new black)#
50 yr decision#

solomon young played relentless lockdown d (he is arguably the best young defender in nor cal) & scored 20 pts on 8-11 fgs + 4-5 fts & 3 blocks with only 1 to in playing half a game as the sacramento dragons (13-3) fireballed the valley vikings 87-32...teammates christian terrell dished out 9 assists + 3 steals & trey finch scored 13 pts

Shocky1
Shocky1;842263326 said:

original monsters + monster class=cal family

where the monsters are#

l to r, theo "the shooting guru" robertson, gregg "the grinder" gottlieb, travis "fastbreak 206" decuire, "hustling" johnny montgomery & jay "the mastermind" john

mr cranky pants is not pictured because he is trying to get ivan rabb's autograph & is already breaking down film & gameplanning for the upset hungry washington state cougars (the bears need to kick the cougs to the curb, adios demi)

the cal coaching staff's theme song on their unsuccessful efforts to get the monster class to hustle back on transition d & play lockdown d
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=madcon+beggin&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=16DE41FE73B5DC7AF8F816DE41FE73B5DC7AF8F8

visited this morning briefly with two nba front office executives that scouted arizona's 91-68 beatdown of asu

in speaking about aaron gordon, they noted his consistent engagement for on ball d & relentless tenacity for rebounding (7.8 rpg)...the biggest misconception among hs & college players is underestimating the importance of d in the nba evaluation process

i asked if cal could beat arizona...they both said absolutely yes, the #1 ranked wildcats are winning because of their stiffling team d (56.7 ppg allowed) but are not that good of a shooting team

aaron gordon gets it, he's locked in mentally on d & he's gonna be one and dumb...he ain't stooopid

meanwhile, our freshmen have exhibited thus far:
-lack of hustle in getting back on d
-taking bad angles or not fighting thru screens
-getting outrebounded by guys 3-4 inches shorter & 30-40 lbs lighter that want the ball more than they do
-pulling up short on loose balls in order to avoid contact
-failure to block out particuarly on long rebounds
-lack of intensity other than sam singer's clean but unsuccessful block at the end of the washington game
-baseline alley oop lob lack of vision/awareness
-sightings of the loch ness monster are as rare as sightings of the monster class taking a charge

the bears freshmen seem to think that getting burned on d & then whining to the refs/coaches and/or swatting a shot from behind vs a 5'10" physically overmatched future rv park sales mgr is acceptable d

the original monsters, partiucarly t-wall, play d with heart & intensity

if the freshmen don't play d with their ******* hair on fire vs washington state, i'm gonna change the title of this thread to "cal's candy azz soft monster class" next monday morning

seriously

jabari, jordan, sam, kameron & roger need to conference call roger's big bro luc mbah a moute of the minnesota timberwolves to find out his keys for playing ******* d...he's being paid $4,794,000 this yr because he's a defensive beast

this **** is getting live...hot girls aren't attracted to loser metrosexual seans that don't play ******* d

cal family#
off to the races#
south bender
Shocky1;842264225 said:

visited this morning briefly with two nba front office executives that scouted arizona's 91-68 beatdown of asu

in speaking about aaron gordon, they noted his consistent engagement for on ball d & relentless tenacity for rebounding (7.8 rpg)...the biggest misconception among hs & college players is underestimating the importance of d in the nba evaluation process

i asked if cal could beat arizona...they both said absolutely yes, the #1 ranked wildcats are winning because of their stiffling team d (56.7 ppg allowed) but are not that good of a shooting team

aaron gordon gets it, he's locked in mentally on d & he's gonna be one and dumb...he ain't stooopid

-getting outrebounded by guys 3-4 inches shorter & 30-40 lbs lighter that want the ball more than they do
-lack of intensity other than sam singer's clean but unsuccessful block at the end of the washington game

the bears freshmen seem to think that getting burned on d & then whining to the refs/coaches and/or swatting a shot from behind vs a 5'10" physically overmatched future rv park sales mgr is acceptable d

if the freshmen don't play d with their ******* hair on fire vs washington state, i'm gonna change the title of this thread to "cal's candy azz soft monster class" next monday morning

seriously

jabari, jordan, sam, kameron & roger need to conference call roger's big bro luc mbah a moute of the minnesota timberwolves to find out his keys for playing ******* d...he's being paid $4,794,000 this yr because he's a defensive beast

this **** is getting live...hot girls aren't attracted to loser metrosexual seans that don't play ******* d

cal family#
off to the races#

Shocky

I would guess the Frosh are hearing from Monty about the importance of defense.

However, your threat will doubtlessly be what gets their attention...

Go Bears!
Shocky1
Shocky1;842209133 said:

"where i like the coaching staff and where the head coach is the main one talking to me so that i know that they really want me...if the head coach is calling, that means you are a priority"

-ivan rabb

ivan rabb & his bod teammates are playing tonight on the road vs the berkeley yellowjackets (aka top dogs) & again on monday vs the capital christian cougars (aka the housewives of beverly hills) at haas in the mlk classic

mike, the #1 player in the world is playing within walking distance of your office tonight & again on monday, will you be adding to your autograph collection?

he wants to have a close relationship with his next hc...your time is NOW

cal family#
the grind includes the hc#
HoopDreams
Shocky1
Shocky1;842264225 said:

-baseline alley oop lob lack of vision/awareness
-sightings of the loch ness monster are as rare as sightings of the monster class taking a charge

seriously

cal family#
off to the races#

on the way to yogurt tonite with my teenage daughters shay & taylor, they told me this post was "mean" & continues my apparently habitual pattern ofl "name calling"

therefore i would like to formally apologize to any and all metrosexual seans that i might have offended by comparing them to the cal monster class

i'm gonna become a better person & try not to use poor language in the future

btw, the yogurt with sprinkles was candy azz sweet

Shocky1
Shocky1;842253851 said:

ivan rabb continues to play like the #1 player in the 2015 class

rabb scored 105 pts in 4 games at the tarkanian classic in las vegas including a clownpunking beatdown of fellow top top 5 player stephen zimmerman (limited to 6 pts)...he followed that up with 51 pts in 3 games at the torrey pines holiday classic in la jolla

lou richie's bod dragons played an elite preseason schedule & will strengthen their squad when fellow cal target isiah thomas becomes eligible after transferring from the kipp king academy

"it is about winning but i do want to keep getting better just in case i do have a chance to go to the pros...if I don't, i want to have a good education so i can study for real estate development, because that's something i want to do"

-ivan rabb

ivan's gpa is currently 3.15 & trending upward

ivan rabb=true student athlete

tower of power#
bay area's finest#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the east bay)

ivan rabb played in berkeley tonite scoring 27 pts including 10-11 fgs + a rare 3 pter + 6-9 fts & 11 blocked shots, 10 boards & 5 assists as bod (9-4) stung the previously undefeated berkeley yellowjackets 80-74 with travis decuire in the house

my guess is that ivan's mom & dad enjoyed the short drive to berkeley to share & celebrate their son's hs gameday experience

family matters#
Shocky1
cameron oliver scored 23 pts as grant (12-3) declawed the franklin wildcats 77-68

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including sacramento)

Shocky1

where the monsters are#

l to r, jarbari "barbados dimes" bird, tyrone "crazee glue" wallace, sara (best golfer in the family) montgomery, kameron "the ft guru" rooks & jordan "chunk" mathews

flew in & out today, got my tix at will call (thx jj) & then just sat in the 1st row behind the cal announcing team within listening distance of mr cranky pants & his foot stomping

the cal monster class did not play candy azz soft or like metrosexual seans: kameron had his most aggressive rebound as a bear + a crowd pleasing block, roger gave the team good energy, sammy with a sweet assist & used his length on d for a couple of near steals, jabari with 3 more assists (8 in the last 2 games) & jordan with 3 assists + better job of fighting thru screens

funny moment when after an atrocious call against christian behrens, the same ref did a make up call with richard solomon being fouled by a coug in the paint...wsu hc ken bone (who looks like kenneth the page on 30 rock) looks down the sideline at monty & makes a traveling signal hand motion...mike shakes his head & claps his hands, then bone gives him a quick wink...those of you sleep walking thru life watching cal bb on tv are missing these priceless moments of the haas experience

there were 9,348 cal fans celebrating the bears victory...where were you?

good times in berkeley the midnight city tonite...don't miss the sax solo
Shocky1
the cal coaching staff created an internal 20 page scouting report for today's game with the wsu cougars

the following is a brief excerpt from this document

KEYS TO WIN

*Be the aggressor! Make them earn their points. We cannot allow them to gain confidence due to lack of effort!
*Contest all shots. Not a very good shooting team because they don't make contested shots. They WILL make open shots.
*Defend GO screens, DHO's, ball screens. Know what our gameplan is at all times! No breakdowns.
*Rebound! No easy baskets. We must rebound the ball, limit them to 1 shot opportunities.
*Hard cuts to distort their defense vs switching man to man.
*Inside out offensive attack. We must get the ball to our bigs with 2 feet in the paint. We also must pentetrate via the pass/cut and dribble.

the attention to detail & complexity of this gameplan is mind boggling...trust me, this isn't even close to the stuff discussed on this board, our student athletes are being coached up to be wildly successful (having said that, the shockster figured out the magical element (and offensive spacing) that jeff powers brings to the bears long before the coaching staff)

Shocky1
cj anderson, denver broncos

andre carter, new england patriots

shane vereen, new england patriots

brandon mebane, seattle seahawks

marshawn lynch, seattle seahawks
petalumabear
Shocky1;842264823 said:

on the way to yogurt tonite with my teenage daughters shay & taylor, they told me this post was "mean" & continues my apparently habitual pattern ofl "name calling"

therefore i would like to formally apologize to any and all metrosexual seans that i might have offended by comparing them to the cal monster class

i'm gonna become a better person & try not to use poor language in the future

btw, the yogurt with sprinkles was candy azz sweet

Sounds like the girls were raised "not to say anything, unless you can say something nice" ... Perhaps by their ASU grad mother? Hmmmm.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842265417 said:

where the monsters are#

l to r, jarbari "barbados dimes" bird, tyrone "crazee glue" wallace, sara (best golfer in the family) montgomery, kameron "the ft guru" rooks & jordan "chunk" mathews

flew in & out today, got my tix at will call (thx jj) & then just sat in the 1st row behind the cal announcing team within listening distance of mr cranky pants & his foot stomping

the cal monster class did not play candy azz soft or like metrosexual seans: kameron had his most aggressive rebound as a bear + a crowd pleasing block, roger gave the team good energy, sammy with a sweet assist & used his length on d for a couple of near steals, jabari with 3 more assists (8 in the last 2 games) & jordan with 3 assists + better job of fighting thru screens

funny moment when after an atrocious call against christian behrens, the same ref did a make up call with richard solomon being fouled by a coug in the paint...wsu hc ken bone (who looks like kenneth the page on 30 rock) looks down the sideline at monty & makes a traveling signal hand motion...mike shakes his head & claps his hands, then bone gives him a quick wink...those of you sleep walking thru life watching cal bb on tv are missing these priceless moments of the haas experience

there were 9,348 cal fans celebrating the bears victory...where were you?

good times in berkeley tonite...don't miss the sax solo

ken bone washington hc

kenneth the page from 30 rock
Shocky1
Shocky1;842256572 said:

is this scott thom's new s&c assistant?

nope, it's hope dworaczyk, jason kidd's gf before his current wife porschia

apparently hope likes basketball

honestly, who would you rather stretch you before practices & games, scott thom or hope dworaczyk?

cal family#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842192449 said:

the 17th annual mlk jr classic (hosted by de la salle) on jan 20, 2014 will feature the following games & cal targets at haas

10:30 am-castro valley vs st marys

12:15 am-el cerrito vs sacred heart

2:00 pm-jesuit (carmichael) vs newark memorial

3:45 pm-bishop o'dowd (featuring ivan rabb, the #1 player on planet earth in the 2015 class & isiah thomas, 2015 pf) vs capital christian (with dj wilson, michigan commit)

5:45 pm-de la salle vs long beach poly

7:30 pm-sacramento (featuring solomon young, 2016 pf & christian terrell, 2016 guard & tre finch, 2016 guard) vs salesian (coached by cal grad bill mellis, maybe jabari & javid will serve as asst coaches for this game)

perfect schedule would have included hayward's moreau catholic (with oscar frayer, 2016 wing that the staff feels has an alan crabbe style to his game & damari milstead, 2017 pg)...no doubt that theo will get mc scheduled next yr

guests of honor: ivan's family including grandpa (longtime bears fan), probably enjoying the short drive from the house to haas

"darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that...hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that"-mlk jr

cal family#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including nor cal)

cal family#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842253306 said:

j gatsby would gaze across the sound at the green light from the dock of his one true love daisy's mansion

"gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us...it eluded us then but that's no matter...tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther...and one fine morning..."

"so we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past"

-f scott fitzgerald

i gaze across the bay at the blue light that represents the bright future of cal basketball...anything is possible with relentless hard work & grinding and an unbreakable vision of the future (even a dumb azz caddie at sfgc can play the world's top 100 courses)

chancellor nicholas dirks (better known as nicky d to his crew) asked me (sort of) to tell you in summation "kal is grate...go bares!"

cal family#

2015's #1 ranked player ivan rabb scored 31 pts including 13-17 fgs + 5-6 fts along with 9 boards, 5 blocks, 2 assists & 1 steal & lockdown d on michigan commit dj wilson as bod kicked the capital christian cougs to the curb 86-60 at haas in front of mike & john montgomery along with theo robertson...travis decuire scouted ivan on friday nite at berkeley hs

as has been stated here for more than a yr, ivan is a mama's boy like many of the current bears particularly pac 12 mvp candidate justin cobbs, ahmaad rorie & the shockster...the happiest & often most successful guys in the world are those with close loving relationships with their mothers...hey, you only get 1 mom in your life, celebrate your time with her

cal family#
seasons in the sun#
tower of power#
HoopDreams
so Cal wants talented players...

and talented players want to improve...

if you want to improve your shooting, then come to Cal and have a 40% career three point shooter coaching you up

No doubt that Coach Theo has been working with Wallace, and the results are clear (Wallace deserves most of the credit for relentlessly working his shot), and Mathews said he's constantly talking to Coach Theo throughout the game

Shocky1

it's important to have a lot of game to become a california golden bear

bottom right hand corner

more importantly, where's the yoga girl?
Shocky1
Shocky1;842254683 said:

"that's what a team is about...guys (christian "unbreakable" behrens, jeff "let if fly" powers & sammy "the gym rat" singer) who aren't used to playing many minutes came in and contributed in a positive way...that's what makes a team"

-justin cobbs

"the contribution from everybody, you look at the box score and you see even contribution...everybody's chipping in in any way possible, not just scoring...guys are coming in doing other things, you don't need a team full of scorers...we have guys that do things that don't show up on the box score...i think kameron played well, made all of his free throws, threw his big body around...i think jabari came in and brought a lot of energy...jeff, christian and sam are doing the same thing they've been doing with the rotation...i'm happy to see guys finally working and see jabari healthy and see them get the minutes they deserve"

-general justin cobbs

cal family#

the university of calfornia, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the lair of the bears)

PABear
Shocky, what's our chance of landing Matt Cimino and when do you think he will announce?

Scout database shows that he's already received offers from Vanderbilt, BC, George Washington, and Georgia.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=6264420
ondal
Why did Nikola Knezevic play 3 games for DII Walsh Univ. last year?

http://www.walsh.edu/uploads/teamcume-20668.htm
Shocky1
solomon young played relentless lockdown d (he is arguably the best young defender in nor cal) & scored 20 pts on 8-11 fgs + 4-5 fts & 3 blocks with only 1 to in playing half a game as the sacramento dragons (13-3) fireballed the valley vikings 87-32...teammates christian terrell dished out 9 assists + 3 steals & trey finch scored 13 pts

the 2 top teams in nor cal with elite young underclassmen are the sacramento dragons & the moreau catholic mariners

sacramento (14-3) wounded the salesian pride 68-61 at the mlk classic at haas under the watchful eye of mike montgomery & staff

christian terrell is a key 2016 cal target as he does a little bit of everything to help his team win, shades of tryone "crazee glue" wallace, with 6 boards, 6 steals & 4 assists...christian's length at 6'4" & energy makes him a disruptive defender

tre finch (also 2016) scored 24 pts including a deadeye 4-7 3 pters...tre apparently likes the rims at haas

former cal all american & current mayor of sacramento kevin johnson would approve of his fellow dragons' commitment to competing for a state championship down the road
Shocky1
:Monty
ondal;842267782 said:

Why did Nikola Knezevic play 3 games for DII Walsh Univ. last year?

http://www.walsh.edu/uploads/teamcume-20668.htm

ondal, did you know that the name nikola knezevic in serbia is as common as the name john smith is in the united states?

the confidential story of counter agent knezevic's work at walsh university on american soil cannot be discussed due to the sensitivity of its international implications & as a matter of national security

sorry

knezevic graduated from cal in 2010 with a degree in mass communications & then played professionaly for hemofarm stada (not to be confused with the boston celtics)

nikola is currently a graduate assistant for the providence friars

it is not known if he ever got a haircut

cal family#
50 yr friendships#
rome around the world#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including serbia)
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842206557 said:

gregg gottlieb told me that "roger is a super kid and an exceptional athlete...he has the desire to be a good player and works everyday before or after practice improving his skills...strength and experience will be the two things that will help him the most...i think we will see a tremendous jump for roger next year after an off season of rigorous strength training"

cal family#
create greatness with scott thom#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842267065 said:

2015's #1 ranked player ivan rabb scored 31 pts including 13-17 fgs + 5-6 fts along with 9 boards, 5 blocks, 2 assists & 1 steal & lockdown d on michigan commit dj wilson as bod kicked the capital christian cougs to the curb 86-60 at haas in front of mike & john montgomery along with theo robertson...travis decuire scouted ivan on friday nite at berkeley hs

as has been stated here for more than a yr, ivan is a mama's boy like many of the current bears particularly pac 12 mvp candidate justin cobbs, ahmaad rorie & the shockster...the happiest & often most successful guys in the world are those with close loving relationships with their mothers...hey, you only get 1 mom in your life, celebrate your time with her

cal family#
seasons in the sun#
tower of power#

the reason ivan rabb is the #1 player in the 2015 class is that he brings a physical & mental locked in presence every game...unlike kravish & solomon tonite, rabb demands the ball & is not uncomfortable with bigs pounding him...ivan scored 28 pts including 14-19 fts & 17 boards + 7 blocks as the bod dragons (10-4) made the san leandro pirates walk the plank 74-64
ducky23
Shocky1;842268807 said:

the reason ivan rabb is the #1 player in the 2015 class is that he brings a physical & mental locked in presence every game...unlike kravish & solomon tonite, rabb demands the ball & is not uncomfortable with bigs pounding him...ivan scored 28 pts including 14-19 fts & 17 boards + 7 blocks as the bod dragons (10-4) made the san leandro pirates walk the plank 74-64

That's nice and all, but the team he's playing against in that picture looks like my 6th grade cyo team
Shocky1
ducky23;842268811 said:

That's nice and all, but the team he's playing against in that picture looks like my 6th grade cyo team

that's exactly the whole pt, ivan makes his hs opponents look & play like 6th graders

btw, capital christian (16-3) is considered one of the top teams in californa & is ranked #76 in the nation by max preps...rabb held dj wilson, a 6'8" 200 lb michigan commit to 8 pts & nifae lealao, a 6'6" 280 lbs stanford de commit to 6 pts

but who knows, maybe due to your skilled coaching your 6th grade cyo team might be world beaters...sounds like td had better scout one of your upcoming games
Shocky1
pat haden is a former rose bowl winning qb at sc who also has had successful tenures as a football broadcaster and at a flourishing private equity firm & is currently the athletic director at usc

he is really, really smart (rhodes scholar) & really, really gullible

my pal pat & i have had 4 interactions during the last couple of years

1) i'm on the practice putting green at san francisco golf club (where i used to caddie during my hs & cal days, rick rhoads was the pro then too) at 8:00 am on the thursday morning of the usc/cal football game at att park when mr rhoads tells me the visiting usc golf team will be sending out 3 groups (college golfers play notoriously slow, they tend to read putts from 3-4 spots before putting & then mark their balls even if they are a foot from the hole) & asks if i would like to go off the 10th tee as a single player with my caddie (which means i can walk 18 holes in a little over 2 hrs instead of almost 5 hrs)

i thank mr rhoads & yell over to my caddie pat "hey pat, we're gonna go off on 10, grab some tees and let's roll"

so the other player putting on the green walks toward me and starts pulling tees out of his pockets...i say to him "sorry about that, i was talking to pat my caddie, you're pat haden, right"...and we chat briefly (i did not ask him if the cash payment envelopes that ex basketball head coach floyd used to illegally pay oj mayo were athletic dept issued or from floyd's personal collection)

my caddie pat thinks its pretty great that a guest like me (a former caddie) would tell a guest to go get him some tees & when we finish our round the entire caddyshack knuckle bumps me

2) i'm at a cal/usc game football massacre at the coliseum in the high donor trojan section (al cowlings, oj's white bronco driver buddy & his drunk azz blonde lady friend are sitting behind me) at midfield (they have hostesses bring you free food & drinks all game...they are very flirty but i behave myself & do not ask for any lap dances)

so usc is up like 42-3 or something at halftime & an enthusiastic pat haden is making the rounds...when he gets to me he says "wow, this couldn't be going any better, could it?"

i tell him "i don't know about that, maybe the bears could run the 2nd half kickoff back for a touchdown"

there's a flicker of recongition in his eyes as pat realizes i'm messing with him...he gives me a fake laugh & starts talking to the group next to me

3) pat haden is a member at lacc, the valley club of montecito & pine valley...i'm putting out on the 18th green of the north at los angeles country club with some buddies & i spot pat getting ready to tee off on the adjacent 1st tee

so i yell out "hey pat"...he looks over trying to figure out who i am, you can tell he has no idea who i am...so i yell again a little bit louder "hey pat" & start doing a couple of fist pumps while i yell his name

so haden finally yells back "hey, how's it going?" while fist pumping me back

i look him in the eyes & yell "go bears"

haden immediately stops fist pumping me back & his group all starts laughing...heard one of his guys saying "pat, i think you just got punked"

4) last nite i bought in front of the galen center in smogsville a scalper tix from jeff capehart (a former cal bb walk on player) & then just sit in the 1st row behind the cal bench (a seat assignment on a tix means nothing to me)

there's a little walkway between the 1st row & the cal bench so who walks by but a widely smiling pat haden, most likely greatly enthused by the trojans clownpunking of the bears in the 1st half

so as he walks by i say "excuse me, pat, when will i be receiving a pine valley invitation from you this year?"

he looks at me & says with a wink "it all depends on your donations this year"

i look him in the eye (we're about the same height) & tell him, "pat, there's probably a better chance i'm going to donate to the el paso school of bartending that usc"

my buddy pat realizes i'm messing with him (again) & gives me another fake smile and walks away

kinda getting the vibe from pat that i'm not gonna be invited to sit on his selection commmitte for the next trojan basketball head coach after endfield flames out

my favorite trojan#
fight on#

GMP
Shocky1;842269136 said:

[U]pat haden is a former hesiman trophy winning qb at sc[/U] who also had a successful tenure at a flourishing private equity firm & is currently the athletic director at usc

he is really, really smart (rhodes scholar) & really, really gullible

pat & i have had 4 interactions during the last couple of yrs

1) i was on the practice putting green at san francisco golf club (where i used to caddie during my hs & cal days, rick rhoads was the pro then too) at 8:00 am on the thursday morning of the usc/cal fb game at att park when mr rhoads told me the visiting usc golf team would be sending out 3 groups (college golfers play notoriously slow, they tend to read putts from 3-4 spots before putting & then mark their balls even if they are a foot from the hole) & asked if i would like to go off the 10th tee as a single player with my caddie (which means i could walk 18 holes in 2 & 1/2 hrs instead of almost 5 hrs)

i thanked mr rhoads & yelled at at my caddie pat "hey pat, we're gonna go off on 10, grab some tees and let's roll"

so the other player putting on the green walks toward me and starts pulling tees out of his pockets...i said to him "sorry about, i was talking to pat my caddie, you're pat haden, right"...and we had a nice converation (i did not ask him if the cash payment envelopes that ex bb hc floyd used to pay oj mayo were athletic dept issued or from floyd's personal collection)

my caddie pat thought it was pretty great that a guest like me (a former caddie) would tell a guest to go get him some tees & when we finished our round the entire caddyshack high fived me

2) i was at a cal/usc game fb massacre at the coliseum in the high donor trojan section (al cowlings, oj's white bronco driver buddy & his drunk azz lady friend sat behind us) at midfield (they have hostesses bring you free food & drinks all game...they are very flirty but i behaved myself & did not ask for any lap dances)

so usc is up like 42-3 or something at halftime & an enthusiastic pat haden is making the rounds...when he gets to me he says "wow, this couldn't be going any better, could it?"

i told him "i don't know about that, maybe the bears could run the 2nd half kickoff back for a touchdown"

there's a flicker of recongition in his eyes as pat realizes i'm messing with him...he gives me a fake laugh & starts talking to the group next to me

3) pat haden is a member at lacc, the valley club of montecito & pine valley...i'm putting out on the 18th green of the north at los angeles country club with some buddies & i spot pat getting ready to tee off on the adjacent 1st tee

so i yell out "hey pat"...he looks over trying to figure out who i am, you can tell he has no idea who i am...so i yell again a little bit louder "hey pat" & start doing a couple of fist pumps while i yell his name

so haden finally yells back "hey, how's it going?" while fist pumping me back

i look him in the eyes & yell "go bears"

haden immediately stops fist pumping me back & his group all starts laughing...heard one of his guys saying "pat, i think you just got punked"

4) last nite i bought in front of galen a scalper tix from jeff capehart (who told me he was a former cal bb player in the 1980s) & then just sat in the 1st row behind the cal bench

there's a little walkway between the 1st row & the cal bench so who walks by but a widely smiling pat haden, most likely greatly enthused by the trojans clownpunking of the bears

so as he walks by i say "excuse me, pat, when will i will receiving a pine valley invitation from you?"

he looks at me & says with a wink "it all depends on your donations this year"

i look him in the eye (we're about the same height) & tell him, "pat, there's probably a better chance i'm going to donate to the el paso school of bartending that usc"

my buddy pat realizes i'm messing with him (again) & gives me another fake smile and walks away

kinda getting the vibe from pat that i ain't gonna be invited to sit on his selection commmitte for the next trojan bb hc

my favorite trojan#
fight on#

Pat Haden won the Heisman! He'll be so happy when he hears the news!
Shocky1
grandmastapoop;842269172 said:

Pat Haden won the Heisman! He'll be so happy when he hears the news!

yeah, well i heard the heisman votes for that yr were recently recounted & that now pat has the trophy in his office

fight on#
First Page Last Page
Page 61 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.