cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,256,210 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842283081 said:

tyrone "let's rumble" wallace is the only california golden bear that is always mentally & physically prepared to play at the start of every game

t-wall scored 20 pts (he is literally unstoppable when he attacks the basket rather than just settling for open perimeter shots) on an efficient 6-14 fgs + 7-9 fts along with 8 boards, 4 assists, a block & most importantly, lockdown d

so it was uncharacteristic of wallace to not hustle back on d after fumbling the ball in the lane during the 1st minute

funny moment when mike gets up & tells the bench "it's ok to make a mistake but that doesn't mean you need to cry about it"

apparently montgomery agrees with the shockster that sometimes the bears play like soft candy azz bitches

cal family#
bad azz bears#
off to the races#

hopefully the curtain has closed for the final act on the bears days & nights of crying like drama queens
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=don't+cry+for+me+argentina+video+madonna&FORM=VIRE2#view=detail&mid=5C4F6582064C7AE297A35C4F6582064C7AE297A3
Shocky1
Shocky1;842216986 said:

gametime tonight, baby

this is cal basketball#
let's roll#

ambition#

gonna be roaring tonite at haas with my longtime friend rogg machine (who's flying up from la)...would enjoy meeting more of you, i'll be identifiable by my new valentine's day pink (my fashionista daughters are advising that fuschia is the new black) euro trash dress shirt & blue cal golf cap & sitting on the floor

come on over & let's talk...like the bay area indie group the limousines, we are all very busy people but we always have time for new friends
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=the+limousines+we+are+very+busy+people&qpvt=the+limousines+we+are+very+busy+people&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=562866E831FE45E6A4C5562866E831FE45E6A4C5

50 yr friendships#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842250172 said:

insightful interview by joey velasquez with moreau catholic's 2016 shooter oscar frayer who is close to a cal offer, pg teammate damari milstead (2017) has been offered by the bears:
http://midmajorhoopsreport.com/2013/12/18/players-corner-qa-with-hot-2016-prospect-oscar-frayer-of-moreau-catholic-hs/

"travis from cal, he's a funny guy and showed a lot of interst to me and i'm truly blessed to be able to say that...i have visited the university of california with my current teammate darmari milstead, it was a humbling and exciting experience, it left a mark on me"

cal family#
bay areas finest#
50 yr friendships#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including hayward)

oscar frayer scored 20 pts on 9-12 fgs + 2-7 fts along with 7 boards, 6 blocks, steals & an assist as the moreau catholic mariners (18-6) were shipwrecked by the james logan colts 73-68
Shocky1
bishop odowd's 4 yr team manager lucas cortez who has a heart defect challenge finally got into the dragon's fri nite game vs berkeley

check out this video to see what happened
http://www.contracostatimes.com/high-school-sports/ci_25154789/bishop-odowd-basketball-senior-team-manager-lucas-cortez

lucas cortez=man of steel

ivan rabb's reaction (#23) tells you a lot about his character & his mad love for his teammates

theo, can you get lucas (and his teammates) to another cal game this season & show this video on the big screen?

go dragons#

30 minutes after the ucla game, the majority of the 10,000+ haas crowd has dissipated into the nite...the bruins kicked the bears azzs sideways, jay john told the club room pre game audience that the bruins are excellent passers, disruptive on d with their length & most importantly, all really good shooters...jj was absolutely right on all accounts

but next year is gonna be a different deal after the wear twins graduate, anderson & lavine have both told nba sources that they are declaring after this season & adams still undecided about returning to westwood...with no pg on the roster (bryce alford is a 2), steve alford ain't gonna get another free pass with howland's players & the bruins might lose 20+ games particularly if adams bails too...but right now ucla is the best team in the pac 12 & the better team won last nite

anyways, my buddy rogg machine & i are doing the hang by the cal bench while the bleachers are being systematically cleaned up for the next event at haas

bod hc lou richie is standing around with his dragons & i ask him if my idol lucas cortez is in the house...richie introduces me to the man of the hour & i tell an enthusiastic lucas that he's got a sweet j & that he is an inspiration to everyone...the personable lucas is articulate & he then humbly introduces me to the guy he says deserves all the credit, his teammate who took the video...i tell his teammate that his video going viral on the internet is gonna result in him being a hollywood producer someday riding in stretch limos...the dragons are laughing in agreement on that

lucas cortez=man of steel

meanwhile theo robertson is talking with a smiling ivan rabb...ivan is nodding a lot during their conversation

several of the cal wbb team players come over & bod alum (current frosh at cal) kc waters gives ivan a huge hug...dragons forever

so then ivan is sitting on a high stool & holding court (i told you rabb has game) with several of the laughing wbb bears...my millionaire matchmaker instincts tell me that ivan & courtney range would be a cute couple

ivan is clearly enjoying the whole after hours cal family scene at haas...jabari's parents carl & tonya are sitting in the 1st row underneath the basket waiting for their son to come out so they can continue their post game tradition of spending time together as a family

will ivan also decide that he wants to spend his 1-2 yrs of college (assuming there isn't a career ending injury) at the #1 ranked public university in the world & sharing those college experiences with mom tammi, dad & little bro after cal games?

#5 decided that cal was the right school for him & j has told me he has no regrets about staying home for college & spending time with his family (kidd's dad steve died a couple of yrs later...real talk, our parents aren't going to live forever) & friends before earning almost $200,000,000 in the nba

cal family#
after hours#

Shocky1
Shocky1;842275957 said:

ja, jakob poeltl (class of 2014) from austria will be officially visiting cal midweek for the stanford game

poeltl is 212 cms (7') & is 18 yrs old (11-15-95 dob in vienna) and plays for arkadia...this season in 15 games he is averaging 12.1 ppg with a high of 28 pts vs furstenfeld along with 7.5 rpg & 2.1 bpg

the true 5 is a highly efficient shooter with a soft touch & good shot selection as evidenced by his unreal 73.5% fgs...poeltl has made 2 of 4 3 pters & shoots a respectable 68.4% on fts

kudos to johnny montgomery for scouting poeltl who also has interest several schools nationally including pac 12 rivals arizona, utah & oregon...never underestimate the attraction of oregon's internationally well regarded truck stop mgmt program (and outplacement as a shift supervisor at the medford all nite truck stop)

jakob's development would be hastened by working with cal's s&c guru scott thom

the shockster is currently making inquiries with the austrian minister of education to ascertain jakob's gpa...stay tuned

bis bald jakob poeltl

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including austria)

academics:
***university of arizona: 119th nationally ranked university, 76.9% acceptance rate
***university of utah: 121st nationally ranked university, 82.6% acceptance rate
*****university of california, berkeley: #1 ranked public university in the world

career opportunities after basketball:
***university of arizona: border patrol night shift supervisor or the shockster's pool guy (although arizona grad trevor is currently doing a great job & is loved by my rescue dogs happy & misty mae and cats trouble & mugsy)
***university of utah: lead singer in the mormon choir
*****university of california, berkeley: anything, anywhere, anytime on planet earth (international business)

tuscon, arizona

salt lake city, utah

san francisco bay area, california

and of course there's always the basketball side of the decision too

jakob, guten nacht
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842175347 said:

ahmaad rorie scored 6 of his 14 pts including an opening possession steal & breakaway basket in the 4th quarter as the lincoln abes did not pardon the columbia chieftains 54-39

tonite ahmaad scored 15 pts in the abes (21-3) presidential ticket wire finish over the timberline blazers 68-66 despite 22 pts from washington signee donaven dorsey whose 3 pter at the buzzer hit the front rim, bounced off the backboard, hit the front rim & roll out in the playoffs

go abes#

Shocky1
Shocky1;842282646 said:

ivan the terrible scored 30 pts as the hungry bod dragons (20-4) enjoyed a late nite snack of the berkeley top dogs (formerly known as the yellowjackets) 99-64 in a national food network broadcast...alice waters dnp for berkeley

bon appetit#
reservations not necessary#

ivan rabb scored 11 pts with 4 fgs & 3-3 fts as the bod dragons (22-4, 10-0 wacc)
dined on the castro valley trojans 58-49

slices of cheese pizza with oregano#

Shocky1
Shocky1;842222381 said:

oscar frayer (2016 alan crabbe jr) & damari milstead (2017 top ranked pg in nor cal) made unofficial visits to berkeley for monday night's bears mauling of denver

oscar & damari also played in an informal pick up game with many of the current bears at the rsf prior to the ohio state fb game in sept

both play for moreau catholic (18-10 last season with a predominantly underclassmen team) & hc frank knight (former all state guard at oakland fremont)

knight is building something special at mc (hayward) with his high expectations for his players both academically & athletically...like justin labagh at ccsf, many of frank knight's players will be well qualified to earn schollys if they work hard & follow his principles of success

"if you want to do something transformative and want to be challenged in the classroom and on the court, then moreau would be a good fit"

-frank knight

go mariners#
cal family#
bay areas finest#
the grind#
unbreakable#

oscar frayer

damari milstead

damari milstead (cal offer, td loves this guy) facilitated & distributed along with scoring 11 pts & oscar frayer (needs to work harder in the classroom to firm up a cal offer...oscar, don't be a dumb azz, become a true student athlete & don't ever let just basketball define who you are) scored 16 pts as the moreau catholic mariners (20-6) sailed by the forgettable kennedy titans 73-58

damari is a freshman & oscar is a sophomore and both are considered national top 50 players in their classes

when i was a freshman i asked the prettiest girl at my hs if she wanted to go steady with me...she tells me she is flattered by my interest, that she already has a boyfriend & that she hopes we will still continue to talk all the time & that i make her laugh...basically she tells me no, epic failure

so that afternoon at baseball practice while shagging balls in the outfield i tell my best friend what went down

brusati is shaking his head & tells me "shock, you are seriously the most ****** up dude on earth...she's a senior, we're freshmen...you can't even drive yet...she already has a boyfriend, he's the starting quarterback and he drives a bitchin' camaro...and knowing you, it probably never even occurred to you that she was gonna say no"

right

fast forward 7 yrs & i'm getting ready to graduate from the cal undergraduate haas b-school with phi beta kappa honors & have firm actionable career offers in london, new york city & san francisco...she tracks me down thru my parents & asks me if we could start dating

damari & oscar, don't ever let nobody tell you nothing that you're just a young man, ok?

tower of power#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842283782 said:

sami eleraky had one of his best games of the season as he scored 12 pts on 3-6 fgs & 6-9 fts (which has been an adventure but improving lately) + 4 boards + 3 blocks in reclaiming his starting role as justin labagh's ccsf rams (24-1) horned las positas 90-58

where's waldo#

sami eleraky cleaned the glass for 9 rebounds including 6 offensive boards along with 8 pts on 2-4 fgs & 4-6 fts & a block & a steal as the ccsf rams (26-1) finished the regular season as the #1 ranked jc team in california with a 71-63 goring of the ohlone renegades

another state championship run#

Shocky1
Shocky1;842264104 said:

cal was the 1st school to offer the emerging brazilian star last fall as the cal bb staff continues to relentlessly build strong relationships with key targets from the 2015-2017 classes (the bears already have a family near lock commit for both the 2016 & 2017 classes)

like teammate idrissa diallo, lucas siewert is an academic honor roll student which is a defining characteristic of hard working cal student athletes (not being a hs 2.5 gpa dumb azz baller)

lucas had his best game of the yr this week in scoring 15 pts on 6-9 fgs including 3-5 3 pters & 5 boards as the cathedral phantoms (10-1) jousted the arch rival price knights (alan price dnp) 82-80...siewert was named his team's game mvp for his gutty effort in playing tough despite being dinged up

the young brazilian will likely visit the diverse berkeley campus with its international flair after this season with coach middlebrooks

boi noite

go phantoms#
cal family#

check out la times article re: his 5 3 pters recently in a game & video of siewert's smooth 3 pt form...interesting to note that the la times is listing siewert now at 6'10"
http://www.latimes.com/sports/varsity-times/la-sp-vi-boys-basketball-cathedrals-lucas-siewert-is-from-brazil-and-can-shoot-20140205,0,11976.story#axzz2sbZzy3PX

tmz is also allegedly reporting that lucas & shakira are a brazilian package deal for the lucky college

everybody could hang together after cal victories at the brazil caf on university

idrissa diallo had 7 boards along with 2 blocks & steals along with 5 pts on 2-4 fgs & 1-2 fts and teammate lucas siewert scored 8 pts & 8 boards as the cathedral phantoms (22-4) season vaporized in a 55-45 finale at the opera to the etiwanda eagles led by next yr's usc pg jordan mclaughlin

iddy will graduating from cathedral this spring & arriving along with 2014 monster class teammate ahmaad rorie in berkeley for summer bridge in june...both bears will benefit from s&c guru's scott thom's intense workouts

diallo, like richard solomon before him, will be coached up by gregg gottlieb on interior post moves while rorie will continue to be mentored by travis decuire on all aspects of his development both on & off the court

a special season for coach middlebrooks & his phantoms

Shocky1
Shocky1;842285281 said:

ahmaad rorie scored 6 of his 14 pts including an opening possession steal & breakaway basket in the 4th quarter as the lincoln abes did not pardon the columbia chieftains 54-39

tonite ahmaad scored 15 pts in the abes (21-3) presidential ticket wire finish over the timberline blazers 68-66 despite 22 pts from washington signee donaven dorsey whose 3 pter at the buzzer hit the front rim, bounced off the backboard, hit the front rim & roll out in the playoffs

go abes#

ahmaad rorie scored a game high 24 pts & 7 boards in providing executive office leadership as the lincoln abes (22-3) voted their arch rival wilson out of office 80-70 to capture the district championship

chief keef (keith cozart) announced today that he is moving from chicago to california...apparently ck wants to see kobe & ahmaad play next season in the golden state

washington state championship run#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842269136 said:

pat haden is a former rose bowl winning qb at sc who also had a successful tenure at a flourishing private equity firm & is currently the athletic director at usc

he is really, really smart (rhodes scholar) & really, really gullible

pat & i have had 4 interactions during the last couple of yrs

1) i was on the practice putting green at san francisco golf club (where i used to caddie during my hs & cal days, rick rhoads was the pro then too) at 8:00 am on the thursday morning of the usc/cal fb game at att park when mr rhoads told me the visiting usc golf team would be sending out 3 groups (college golfers play notoriously slow, they tend to read putts from 3-4 spots before putting & then mark their balls even if they are a foot from the hole) & asked if i would like to go off the 10th tee as a single player with my caddie (which means i could walk 18 holes in 2 & 1/2 hrs instead of almost 5 hrs)

i thanked mr rhoads & yelled at at my caddie pat "hey pat, we're gonna go off on 10, grab some tees and let's roll"

so the other player putting on the green walks toward me and starts pulling tees out of his pockets...i said to him "sorry about that, i was talking to pat my caddie, you're pat haden, right"...and we had a nice converation (i did not ask him if the cash payment envelopes that ex bb hc floyd used to pay oj mayo were athletic dept issued or from floyd's personal collection)

my caddie pat thought it was pretty great that a guest like me (a former caddie) would tell a guest to go get him some tees & when we finished our round the entire caddyshack high fived me

2) i was at a cal/usc game fb massacre at the coliseum in the high donor trojan section (al cowlings, oj's white bronco driver buddy & his drunk azz lady friend sat behind us) at midfield (they have hostesses bring you free food & drinks all game...they are very flirty but i behaved myself & did not ask for any lap dances)

so usc is up like 42-3 or something at halftime & an enthusiastic pat haden is making the rounds...when he gets to me he says "wow, this couldn't be going any better, could it?"

i told him "i don't know about that, maybe the bears could run the 2nd half kickoff back for a touchdown"

there's a flicker of recongition in his eyes as pat realizes i'm messing with him...he gives me a fake laugh & starts talking to the group next to me

3) pat haden is a member at lacc, the valley club of montecito & pine valley...i'm putting out on the 18th green of the north at los angeles country club with some buddies & i spot pat getting ready to tee off on the adjacent 1st tee

so i yell out "hey pat"...he looks over trying to figure out who i am, you can tell he has no idea who i am...so i yell again a little bit louder "hey pat" & start doing a couple of fist pumps while i yell his name

so haden finally yells back "hey, how's it going?" while fist pumping me back

i look him in the eyes & yell "go bears"

haden immediately stops fist pumping me back & his group all starts laughing...heard one of his guys saying "pat, i think you just got punked"

4) last nite i bought in front of galen a scalper tix from jeff capehart (who told me he was a former cal bb player in the 1980s) & then just sat in the 1st row behind the cal bench

there's a little walkway between the 1st row & the cal bench so who walks by but a widely smiling pat haden, most likely greatly enthused by the trojans clownpunking of the bears

so as he walks by i say "excuse me, pat, when will i will receiving a pine valley invitation from you?"

he looks at me & says with a wink "it all depends on your donations this year"

i look him in the eye (we're about the same height) & tell him, "pat, there's probably a better chance i'm going to donate to the el paso school of bartending that usc"

my buddy pat realizes i'm messing with him (again) & gives me another fake smile and walks away

kinda getting the vibe from pat that i ain't gonna be invited to sit on his selection commmitte for the next trojan bb hc

my favorite trojan#
fight on#

sure hope i see my buddy pat again this evening at haas
Shocky1
Shocky1;842283748 said:

conversed with ahmaad (received prior clearance from the cal staff, fans/donors should never communicate with prospects, rorie is a signed commit) during halftime of the washington game

rorie is respectful, thoughtful & somewhat soft spoken (shades of justin cobbs & last yr's pac 12 mvp, alan crabbe)...we talked about his experience with the #1 nationally ranked montverde academy (all the guys including ben simmons are "humble") & the upcoming playoffs (ahmaad was not part of the altercation vs wilson)

one of his best friends is dejounte murray, a 2015 6'4" high flying guard from rainier beach with an actionable offer from travis decuire, who will be checked out by kentucky this week & is also being scouted by damon stoudamire from arizona

ahmaad is very much looking forward to graduating from hs & arriving in berkeley for summer bridge this june

one of the decuire family members lives in tacoma & when asked about rorie's game his eyes lit up & he told me "the thing about amhaad is that he can really, really shoot the ball from distance"

yeah, i'm predictable, i asked ahmaad about his gpa too...

ahmaad rorie=perfect cal fit as a student athlete

go abes#
presidential authority#
stay away from the interns#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the 253)

"this game (wilson) we played with a chip on our shoulder...they blew us out last time...our main focus was winning, coming out hungry...last game we didn't come out hungry"

-ahmaad rorie

sr leadership#
GRRAAH
When are we going to move this long ago comic thread?
mikecohen
GRRAAH;842285718 said:

Don't you dare . . .
HoopDreams
and a free board
you're free to not read it

GRRAAH;842285718 said:

parentswerebears
This thread is awesome. Kind of reminds me of my grandpa. Old, but a lot of great stories.

Plus it is a one stop shop for progress on our current and future Bears.
Keep it going!
Shocky1
original monsters + monster class=cal family

where the monsters are#

l to r, j bird "of prey," justin "ice in his veins" cobbs, lucas "man of steel" cortez, david "get that crap out of here" kravish & matt "the human eraserboard" scherbenske

quick flights in & out of the desert to the beautiful bay area & a loud haas crowd of killer cal fans...never did see my buddy pat haden

these california golden bears are flawed yet they play together as passionately as mr brightside
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=killers+look+at+the+brightside+video&qs=n&form=QBVR&pq=killers+look+at+the+brightside+video&sc=0-0&sp=-1&sk=#view=detail&mid=E4B865787ABCC9E7DBB9E4B865787ABCC9E7DBB9

cal family#
this is cal basketball#
Shocky1

jabari bird played with a more fierce intensity on d (still a step slow on closing out on 3 pters & hustling back on d) along with 10 pts on 4-9 fgs + 1-2 fts & 2 boards, 2 steals & 2 assists

cal family moment when jb makes a miscue on a run out & jc yells at bird...justin immediately realize his approach is all wrong & he puts his hand on jabari's shoulder & pats him a couple of times...then t-wall comes over & puts a hand on jb's chest & explains the passing lanes on fast breaks while jabari is nodding in agreement

then during the final 20 seconds the monster class crew of sam, roger, jordan & kameron are all slapping bird while he stands on the court near the cal bench...the buzzer sounds ending the game & cobbs comes over & gives bird a victory hug

this is cal basketball#
fly with the bird#

GRRAAH
Shocky1;842285942 said:

according to the millionaire matchmaker, graah & socaltownie would be a perfect couple

they are both uptight dumb azzs that prefer both basketball & sex via their televisions/computers rather than actually participating in person

not that there's anything wrong with that (we're not here to judge)

No, you never judge. You know everything about everyone, and am guessing the mods are on your payroll like your caddy and anyone else that can stomach your ego. But as others have said, no need to read this. I'll see what Bieber is up to and think of you.
OdontoBear66
Shocky1;842285948 said:

jabari bird played with a more fierce intensity on d (still a step slow on closing out on 3 pters & hustling back on d) along with 10 pts on 4-9 fgs + 1-2 fts & 2 boards, 2 steals & 2 assists

cal family moment when jb makes a miscue on a run out & jc yells at bird...justin immediately realize his approach is all wrong & he puts his hand on jabari's shoulder & pats him a couple of times...then t-wall comes over & puts a hand on jb's chest & explains the passing lanes on fast breaks while jabari is nodding in agreement

then during the final 20 seconds the monster class crew of sam, roger, jordan & kameron are all slapping bird while he stands on the court near the cal bench...the buzzer sounds ending the game & cobbs comes over & gives bird a victory hug

this is cal basketball#
fly with the bird#

When JB finally starts playing his game with the MM enhancements on D, we will all be happy campers. The frosh has been kept under wraps to temper the negative part of his game, impeding the positive part due to insecurity. Of late he is showing touches of the JB we know and love. And MM is realizing he needs to loosen the leash a bit. A diamond in the rough, starting to harden and finish. Go Jabari, go Bears.
socaltownie
Shocky1;842285942 said:

according to the millionaire matchmaker, graah & socaltownie would be a perfect couple

they are both uptight dumb azzs that prefer both basketball & sex via their televisions/computers rather than actually participating in person

not that there's anything wrong with that (we're not here to judge)

According to the chief Caddy, Caddy #1 is a parody, a farce, and has the emotional center of a 13 year old.

I will let his views about women as expressed in his posts simply tell the world the whole story - You know it ;-)

(BTW - Shocky#1 thinks it is being a "tight ass". Conversely I think it is treating a bit over half the human race with respect - as well as growing up in the process of raising a daughter and hating that the world might/probably looks at her as an object)
south bender
socaltownie;842285979 said:

According to the chief Caddy, Caddy #1 is a parody, a farce, and has the emotional center of a 13 year old.

I will let his views about women as expressed in his posts simply tell the world the whole story - You know it ;-)

(BTW - Shocky#1 thinks it is being a "tight ass". Conversely I think it is treating a bit over half the human race with respect - as well as growing up in the process of raising a daughter and hating that the world might/probably looks at her as an object)

SCT, thanks for nailing it. His excuse is that he writes for recruits who are teenagers.

Whatever, I don't buy it.

Go Bears!
mikecohen
GRRAAH;842285958 said:

No, you never judge. You know everything about everyone, and am guessing the mods are on your payroll like your caddy and anyone else that can stomach your ego. But as others have said, no need to read this. I'll see what Bieber is up to and think of you.

Cheez, what a grouch!
mikecohen
south bender;842286005 said:

SCT, thanks for nailing it. His excuse is that he writes for recruits who are teenagers.

Whatever, I don't buy it.

Go Bears!

Shocky, of whom I am a fan, has made himself (and, in the process, his retro, degrading attitudes toward women - and the fact that he may be unconscious of same) a public figure, such that he should respond to these heartfelt criticisms (regarding his could-easily-be-taken-as-offensive attitudes toward women). I would be especially interested in his responses because of the love and respect he clearly expresses toward his daughters (albeit not so much towards his wife). All we humans are masses of internal contradictions. Exploring, understanding and dealing with those contradictions is a lot of what we're doing in this life. Shocky's personal relationships are none of our business, EXCEPT Shocky has featured, and personalized, certain important aspects of them (especially, for example, the transcendent values he puts on family and education), illustrated by references to his family members, on a public message board, the whole purpose of which is discussion and debate. So, since I'm a fan of Shocky's, and since I think these issues are so important, I'd love to hear his response.
Bobodeluxe
He could also comment on his pulling GPA's out of his ass.
Shocky1
Bobodeluxe;842286182 said:

He could also comment on his pulling GPA's out of his ass.

"pulling gpa's out of his azz," wouldn't that hurt?

well maybe not for you
OdontoBear66
Shocky1;842286200 said:

"pulling gpa's out of his azz," wouldn't that hurt?

well maybe not for you

The bigger they are the more the hurt. Don't let the turkeys get you down. Their pseudo intellectuality is so wedded to the literal that they get you not. Keep the info stream up. It substitutes for hours on chat.
Shocky1
socaltownie;842285979 said:

Shocky1
jonah mathews scored the 1st 9 pts of the game & 12 overall as the santa monica vikings (17-10) drilled the montebello oilers 76-45 in the 1st round of the cif southern section playoffs

jonah was recently named a top 50 player in the 2016 class

the real excitement took place when with a minute left vikings hc james hecht put in prematurely born (class 1 hemorrage) matthew tapia who had not scored all season...matthew missed his 1st shot but then made his 2nd shot as the fans from both schools exploded in tears & celebration as the students rushed the court

matthew said after the game, "it was good...i made a good shot for my team and i wanted to win...i made everyone share hugs...i loved it"

matthew tapia=man of steel

no limitations#
fly to the sun#
mikecohen
Shocky1;842286365 said:

jordan mathews scored the 1st 9 pts of the game & 12 overall as the santa monica vikings (17-10) drilled the montebello oilers 76-45 in the 1st round of the cif southern section playoffs

jordan was recently named a top 50 player in the 2016 class

the real excitement took place when with a minute left vikings hc james hecht put in prematurely born (class 1 hemorrage) matthew tapia who had not scored all season...matthew missed his 1st shot but then made his 2nd shot as the fans from both schools exploded in tears & celebration as the students rushed the court

matthew said after the game, "it was good...i made a good shot for my team and i wanted to win...i made everyone share hugs...i loved it"

matthew tapia=man of steel

no limitations#
fly to the sun#

This is about Jonah, not Jordan: Right?
Shocky1
mikecohen;842286367 said:

This is about Jonah, not Jordan: Right?

actually it's about matthew tapia
Shocky1
alex illikainen of grand rapids minnesota (not michigan) is a fiercely competitive (sound familiar?) 6'9" 210 lbs 2015 big man with a 3.5 gpa...alex is aware of cal's reputation as the #1 public university in the world

gregg gottlieb offered illikainen this july to go along with his more than dozen offers including midwest powers indiana, minnesota, creighton & nebraska

alex has 3 ice hockey playing sisters with 2 playing collegiately at dartmouth & providence so there's a family track record of going away for better academic opportunities

the key in the bears recruitment will the coordination of a visit for the illikainen's family to the san francisco bay area for the arizona game

and maybe meet alex's older brother, david kravish...

deja vu all over again=bear territory

cal family#
california dreamin'#

alex recently became the grand rapids thunderhawks leading scorer in school history during a 71-62 freezeout of the detroit lakes lakers

alex has described his official visit to cal during the bears buzzer beating victory over the #1 ranked arizona wildcats as "i don't think it can get much better than that" & the haas atmosphere as "electrifying"

dad darin noted that the cal coaches are sincere & that the bears student athletes they met are all high character along with cal's world class academic opportunities

did i mention that alex has got game?
Shocky1
Shocky1;842279061 said:

my 1st gf at cal (the it dept here refuses to post any fotos of her) who later appeared in the playboy girl's of the pac 10 issue once told me something about life that reasonated with me as one of life's universal truths

she told me "that you are either part of the solution or you are part of the problem, there's nothing in between"

jay john told me that "the meb fund has been in existence for 16 months and through the donations of our donors we have able to upgrade the program...every dollar donated goes to help a meb student athlete in one way or another...for example, monies from the meb have gone to renovate the gold gym in the rsf so mbb, wbb and vb have a branded facility when the has pavilion floor is unavailable...the meb fund has paid for a feasibility study to upgrade the audio visual experience for our fans, i.e. a center hung scoreboard coming in the 2015-2016 season"

"additionally monies have been used for the following upgrades: the player's locker room, video software equipment, new cameras, ipads for all players and staff (to deliver video and academic information), salary bumps for our strength trainer and academic personnel, funding a trip for 50 cal students to the pac 12 tourney in vegas and graphic enhancements in haas pavilion...at some point we will need to renovate our players locker room and lockers also...obviously, the monies are well spent and have directly enhanced the student athlete experience"

benefits include breakfast meetings with monty, preferred tixs to cal home & away games, a bunch of cal swag & another tax deduction

currently there are around 20+ of us supporting the meb...at the #1 public university in the world & the lifetime of opportunities it has created for us, this # show grow to 100+

not everyone is in a position to support the meb but if you can, give jj a call & have a conversation...don't passively wait for others to do the heavy lifting, make a difference

roar a little bit

cal family#

at 3:40 pm on sunday (80 minutes before tipoff against usc) jay john led 3 other meb supporters & myself on a guided tour of the bears new dedicated practice facility, the gold gym

also attending was a noticeably excited mike montgomery, sandy barbour & teresa kuehn gould

a major potential program impacting proposed improvement to the gold gym is a finger pad activated ground floor private door for the players that would lead up a staircase that could be branded with cal bb that at the top has a stunning world class view of the san francisco skyline & the transamerica building...taking recruits up this private cal bb stairway to heaven into the gold gym would be a recruiting goldmine

jj told us "this renovation is important on many fronts...the gold gym will serve as a legitimate practice facility to what often becomes an overcrowded haas pavilion schedule...during the summer when players are on campus and the various summer camp schedules occupy the haas pavilion floor, the guys will have a facility to shoot and work on their games that feels like the home of cal basketball...you have also helped the women's basketball team"

"during the 2014-2015 season mike has already declared that practice will begin at 2:00 pm...if our fall practice slot is 12:00-3:00 pm, then we will start in haas and finish in the gold gym...if our fall time slot is 3:00-6:00 pm, then we will start in the gold gym at 3:00 pm and finish at haas...this will allow our players to have year long access to the popular 12:30-1:50 pm class time slot which keeps us out of night classes and keeps the guys on a regular academic schedule...continuity matters"

all my questions re: recruiting, mike's wish list for additional facility improvements, tosh, ted agu, bret bielema, hind ben abdelkader, 2014 wbb recruiting were directly answered

so i made another tax deductible donation to the meb (montgomery excellence in basketball) fund this afternoon

you are either part of the solution or you are part of the problem

if you would like to find out a bit more about how you can support the bears bb program, give jj a call & have a conversation

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world
HoopDreams
Sports is in the Cal's culture of excellence. Cal has world-class athletes performing on the field, court, track, water, air, green and now the sand

Here is a partial list of some of the National rankings and honors the Cal sports teams have won in the last year. Truly spectacular...

Mens soccer
#1 National Ranking for much of the season
NCAA Tourney Quarter finals
NCAA 1st team All-American
2 players drafted in MLS

Womens soccer
NCAA tournament
#21 National Ranking
2 Scholar All-Americans and Team Academic Award
Top 5 recruiting class

Softball
#21 National Ranking 2013, Top 25 ranking in 2014
5 All-American Scholars
1 All-American
USA Team Gold

Baseball
Cal starting off the season 5-2 (including 2 wins and 2 losses vs Texas)

Mens and Womens Golf
Both Conference champions
#1 National ranking
6 mens and All-Americans

Womens tennis
#9 National ranking
All-American

Swimming & Diving
#2 National rankings (both mens and womens)
Conference champions
Olympic super star Missy Franklin
Coach of the Year

Women's Rowing
Conference champions
#2 National ranking
4 All-Americans

Other top 25
Mens water polo #3
Women's water polo #5
Mens Tennis #17
#7 Gymnastics
#17 Directors Cup

Olympic medals
12 London Olympic medals

First Page Last Page
Page 66 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.