cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,256,451 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842285479 said:

sami eleraky cleaned the glass for 9 rebounds including 6 offensive boards along with 8 pts on 2-4 fgs & 4-6 fts & a block & a steal as the ccsf rams (26-1) finished the regular season as the #1 ranked jc team in california with a 71-63 goring of the ohlone renegades

another state championship run#

congratulations to sami eleraky on his commitment to play next season for the university of pacific tigers...sami will have 3 to play 3

ccsf hc justin labagh gets it...he develops his players both athletically & academically and as a result hooks more of his players up with full rides from colleges than any other jc coach in the nation...no wonder labagh (former cal walk on) is the winningest hc in the history of college basketball

go rams#
"congratulations to sami eleraky on his commitment to play next season for the university of pacific tigers...sami will have 3 to play 3"

Once again, all your coverage, all your hyping, all that **** and once again,
the ghost goes to another school......

Who's up next for you and our elite recruiting staff?
concordtom
1947;842286687 said:

"congratulations to sami eleraky on his commitment to play next season for the university of pacific tigers...sami will have 3 to play 3"

1947, it donned on me long ago that it could have been (could be) Cal that backed away from Sami, instead of the other way around. Now then, if you want to go on the attack, try this angle: if they don't see him as being ready for Pac12 play at this point, 2 years after he initially was one of our recruits but didn't come due to academic qualifications, then what the hell kind of a decision were they making 2 years ago. Johnson, Rodriguez? Catch my drift?
Shocky1
concordtom;842286692 said:

1947, it donned on me long ago that it could have been (could be) Cal that backed away from Sami, instead of the other way around. Now then, if you want to go on the attack, try this angle: if they don't see him as being ready for Pac12 play at this point, 2 years after he initially was one of our recruits but didn't come due to academic qualifications, then what the hell kind of a decision were they making 2 years ago. Johnson, Rodriguez? Catch my drift?

the cal monster class thread did not exist 2 yrs ago

did i mention that while recently walking behind the 2 espn game announcers 45 minutes before the game that they were both independently of each other reading on their laptops the cal monster class thread?

mistakes have been made in the past with respects to recruiting but right now the cal bb staff of mike montgomery, travis decuire, gregg gottlieb, johnny montomgery & theo robertson (behind the scenes) is en fuego:

*****2013 monster class of jabari bird, jordan mathews, sam singer, kameron rooks & roger moute a bidias
*****2014 strategic gameplan is in place with ahmaad rorie & idrissa diallo already signed
*****2015 strong relationships with half a dozen key elite targets including #1 nationally ranked ivan rabb
*****2016 four of the top 50 ranked players might be considered cal leans: jonah mathews, christian terrell, oscar frayer & colin slater
*****2017 near lock with td's top 50 ranked relative & damari milstead tight with td

this is cal basketball#
shut up, shocky#
Shocky1
1947;842286687 said:

the shockster's view of the golden gate bridge

1947's view of the golden gate bridge

yoga matters#
1947 is still the shockster's wingman (just tell me when is the next bingo nite & let's roll)#
HoopDreams
[COLOR="Black"]I'd like to say thank you to the Shockter and the other donors for their generous donations to the Cal sports programs. These are big improvements that help Cal student/athletes, Cal fans, the Coaches and recruiting. [/COLOR]

the shockster said:

[COLOR="Navy"]"the meb fund has been in existence for 16 months and through the donations of our donors we have able to upgrade the program...every dollar donated goes to help a meb student athlete in one way or another...for example, monies from the meb have gone to renovate the gold gym in the rsf so mbb, wbb and vb have a branded facility when the has pavilion floor is unavailable...the meb fund has paid for a feasibility study to upgrade the audio visual experience for our fans, i.e. a center hung scoreboard coming in the 2015-2016 season"

"additionally monies have been used for the following upgrades: the player's locker room, video software equipment, new cameras, ipads for all players and staff (to deliver video and academic information), salary bumps for our strength trainer and academic personnel, funding a trip for 50 cal students to the pac 12 tourney in vegas and graphic enhancements in haas pavilion...at some point we will need to renovate our players locker room and lockers also...obviously, the monies are well spent and have directly enhanced the student athlete experience"

...jay john led 3 other meb supporters & myself on a guided tour of the bears new dedicated practice facility, the gold gym

also attending was a noticeably excited mike montgomery, sandy barbour & teresa kuehn gould

a major potential program impacting proposed improvement to the gold gym is a finger pad activated ground floor private door for the players that would lead up a staircase that could be branded with cal bb that at the top has a stunning world class view of the san francisco skyline...[/COLOR]
" then what the hell kind of a decision were they making 2 years ago. Johnson, Rodriguez? Catch my drift?"

YES.
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842246156 said:

it's easy to forget after the first game that we have 5 freshmen on this year's team that six months ago were sitting in their high school history class. We give them one game as a newbie, and then analyze every shot, move, mistake they make as if they were NBA professionals.

but basketball is a game, and these players are here for the love of that game. I really like this photo, because it shows what kinda players they are, and it has nothing to do with whether we make a run for the tournament or not.

proud of the players who are representing Cal basketball and the University

happy b-day this week to (k)rooks

cal family#
sponge bob square pants#

concordtom
Shocky1;842286756 said:

happy b-day this week to (k)rooks

cal family#
sponge bob square pants#

TJ McConnell is 6'1", Rooks is 7'0" and 3/4" (dad says, don't forget the 3/4").
Rooks was credited with 1 block in 8 minutes. I sure hope this was the block.
concordtom
Shocky1;842286710 said:

the cal monster class thread did not exist 2 yrs ago

but you were pumping Eleraky and whether he chose uop over cal or cal passed on him is immaterial to the point. Either we missed on another recruit (which, let's be honest, happens in this business!) or when we were going for him 2 yrs ago, we were off our rocker because now we aren't. If I read between the lines, give the benefit of doubt, you would be assigning Eleraky (and let's throw Johnson and Rodriguez and anyone else who didn't pan out) to someone not on the current Monster recruiting staff. Initials JJ?
Shocky1;842286710 said:

did i mention that while recently walking behind the 2 espn game announcers 45 minutes before the game that they were both independently of each other reading on their laptops the cal monster class thread?
until they bumped into Oski, who suggested that if they were going to be simultaneously reading and walking in a basketball arena, they might want to do away with 1990's laptops and instead get a much smaller tablet, phablet, or phone. Unless they were trying to actually bump into some Cal cheerleaders, featured in the Monster thread, in order to hit them up after the game.
Shocky1;842286710 said:

mistakes have been made in the past with respects to recruiting but right now the cal bb staff of mike montgomery, travis decuire, gregg gottlieb, johnny montomgery & theo robertson (behind the scenes) is en fuego:

*****2013 monster class of jabari bird, jordan mathews, sam singer, kameron rooks & roger moute a bidias
*****2014 strategic gameplan is in place with ahmaad rorie & idrissa diallo already signed
*****2015 strong relationships with half a dozen key elite targets including #1 nationally ranked ivan rabb
*****2016 four of the top 50 ranked players might be considered cal leans: jonah mathews, christian terrell, oscar frayer & colin slater
*****2017 near lock with td's top 50 ranked relative

this is cal basketball#
shut up, shocky#

I love the "2014 strategic gameplan" line. There's more coming, folks, and it's good enough for Shocky to boast about.
2015-16-17: 1947, we'll see.
socaltownie
concordtom;842286775 said:

but you were pumping Eleraky and whether he chose uop over cal or cal passed on him is immaterial to the point. Either we missed on another recruit (which, let's be honest, happens in this business!) or when we were going for him 2 yrs ago, we were off our rocker because now we aren't. If I read between the lines, give the benefit of doubt, you would be assigning Eleraky (and let's throw Johnson and Rodriguez and anyone else who didn't pan out) to someone not on the current Monster recruiting staff. Initials JJ?
until they bumped into Oski, who suggested that if they were going to be simultaneously reading and walking in a basketball arena, they might want to do away with 1990's laptops and instead get a much smaller tablet, phablet, or phone. Unless they were trying to actually bump into some Cal cheerleaders, featured in the Monster thread, in order to hit them up after the game.

I love the "2014 strategic gameplan" line. There's more coming, folks, and it's good enough for Shocky to boast about.
2015-16-17: 1947, you now have ammo.

Look I don't think many would disputes Caddy #1's value. It is nice to have a poster who is (or is friends with....or convincingly plays the part) of a big donor who talks with the staff and identifies their targets....and then posts up high school information. Makes for nice reading over a cup of joe.

What is entirely tiresome is to have to get to the above by wading through.....

A) Braggart posts the likes of which I really have never seen.
B) Personal attacks on those that Shockster deems are "not helping". The moderators, sadly, are AWOL on this as similar attacks have often been grounds for "time outs"
C) Misogynistic post that are, at a minimum, semi-NSFW and, after a while, offensive.
D) Attacks on student athletes at other schools that are really over the top.

In life you sometimes have to take the bad with the good. I guess the monster thread is just one of those occasions.

PS. Once Shocky said that his greatest joy is celebrating the well rounded success of Cal's student athletes both on and off the court. Reasonable take. I just wish he would also understand that our female students (and the subset that are athletes) should be celebrated for their inner beauty as much as when they are wearing makeup or posing for paparazzi shots.
concordtom
socaltownie;842286793 said:

Look I don't think many would disputes Caddy #1's value. It is nice to have a poster who is (or is friends with....or convincingly plays the part) of a big donor who talks with the staff and identifies their targets....and then posts up high school information. Makes for nice reading over a cup of joe.

B) Personal attacks on those that Shockster deems are "not helping". The moderators, sadly, are AWOL on this as similar attacks have often been grounds for "time outs"
C) Misogynistic post that are, at a minimum, semi-NSFW and, after a while, offensive.

In life you sometimes have to take the bad with the good. I guess the monster thread is just one of those occasions.

PS. Once Shocky said that his greatest joy is celebrating the well rounded success of Cal's student athletes both on and off the court. Reasonable take. I just wish he would also understand that our female students (and the subset that are athletes) should be celebrated for their inner beauty as much as when they are wearing makeup or posing for paparazzi shots.

I actually had a nice relationship, online only, until I started to question, oppose, some things he was typing, and then I got labeled as worst dad of the year and dumbazz. I did him many favors early on, before he learned how to attach images, and he treated me like that? And, also, I didn't like how he attacked folks like yourself. Hit us up with reason, not childishness. Plus, I think the recruits are above it as well. The thing I don't get about the t&a is that he has two daughters. They appear to be a very nice family but the exploitation of women, with or without their consent, to further the recruiting cause is low brow. These are precisely the community attitudes I fight every single day before my daughters leave the house. "No, you may not wear that - men are Shock-ingly horny, and you don't know what they are thinking if you do. There's a reason we have 7 billion people on this planet, ya know."

I can deal with it on a thread titled Hottie Death Watch. It's explicit, and making fun of our insufferable humanity. But, not here, not wrapping the UCB flag around it. Like Allison Stokke. She explicitly stated she doesn't like being viewed thru that lens, and I will say this, my daughters get noticed, too, and I'm not comfortable with it. Shotgun time for me. I would rather them be appreciated for their brains and personality than any other asset they may have. Nothing wrong with being pretty, or admiring beauty, but can't we be a bit more, say, genteel about it?

Can we get a therapist in the room? I'm willing to start over...
:gobears:
GoldenBear1
Anyone against this thread take themselves way too seriously or is not a Cal fan.

Lighten up

Or simply don't read

Go Bears!!!

Need to steal a game down in Az this week. Two wins would be insane
Shocky1
Shocky1;842209023 said:

unless you are a 80+ yrs old retiree going into town for a dentures fitting, a recent unemployed arizona grad looking for work at the chipotle on speedway or applying as a border agent for the dangerous anti-cartel beheadings unit, or a bears fan catching a game at mckale, there's really no reason to ever visit a dump like tuscon

border towns like el paso, tuscon & nogales ain't that wonderful

where's lute#
philbert
GoldenBear1;842286830 said:

Anyone against this thread take themselves way too seriously or is not a Cal fan.

Lighten up

Or simply don't read

Go Bears!!!

Need to steal a game down in Az this week. Two wins would be insane

+1

As far as I can tell, this thread is still the only info on this site for Cal hoops recruiting. I'll take whatever info I can get.

And for everyone slamming the staff on Eleraky, you don't think they got a much better idea of his ability being able to look at him when he's playing at a local JC vs. scouting him when he was in Europe? Player evaluations change a lot.
Shocky1
socaltownie;842286793 said:

you left off way too many of my flaws such as my making fun of:

*****dumb azz hs ballers with gpas under 2.9 that think they gonna play in the nba (until they find out they ain't good enough and/or they have a split second career ending injury)
*****sleepwalking zombie cal bb fans that don't actually go to cal bb games (tixs still available at haas for utah & sr nite vs colorado)
*****guys on the cal bench who sit quiety during games like this is a ******* cal chess match & not a bb game
*****people who tell me to turn down my music at stoplights when i'm tooling around in a covertible (i like to point at the speakers, shrug my shoulders & mouth to them "i can't hear you over the music" & then drive away)
*****golfers who bump the ball in the rough & fellow golf diget and golf magazine raters/ranking panelists who ride in evil golfcarts
*****people who pontificate about how great america is that don't own passports
*****dwight powell
*****high school boys who come to the house to chillax with shay & taylor that don't have the common sense to shake my hand & ask what's up
*****and worst of all, people who show up late for yoga & place their mats such that they obstruct my view of my yoga muse/mentor desiree

yes, i'm flawed & definitely a work in progres

this year's california golden bears bb team are also flawed

we are a perfect match

cal family#
mikecohen
Shocky1;842286875 said:

you left off way too many of my flaws such as my making fun of:
*****people who tell me to turn down my music at stoplights when i'm tooling around in a covertible (i like to point at the speakers, shrug my shoulders & mouth to them "i can't hear you over the music" & then drive away)
cal family#

You're lucky you don't do that in Florida
south bender
Shocky, your spelling is shocking!

Go Bears!
antipattern
south bender;842286899 said:

Shocky, your spelling is shocking!

Go Bears!

Also you forgot about your inability to use hash tags correctly.

#hashgoesinfront #nospaces
Shocky1
Shocky1;842286322 said:

there may not be an ocean in tuscon but there are lots of liquor stores, gun shops, payday loan operations, auto body shops, tattoo parlors (ahmaad, go slow, your body ain't a billboard), bail bondsmen & cheap restaurants

tuscon ain't paris

merci beaucoup
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842252520 said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocky1 View Post
so i fly in this morning from scottsdale with my daughter shay & her friend katie, drop them off at fisherman's wharf for the afternoon & arrive late in berkeley close to game time...don't even look at my will call tix (in my world, a tix to any event has no correlation to where i usually sit, to me it's all open seating) and just sit down in the 1st row behind jay john, a couple feet away from montgomery & the bears brain trust

right before the opening tip, monty attempts to pull his chair away from td's chair but they are stuck together...in like a dumb & dumber movie scene, they spend 30 seconds examining and pulling on the chairs before they figured it out...these guys ain't that smart

so early in the game montgomery summons an eager night club hero jeff powers to go to the scorer's table...as he walks by, i'm telling powers to "let it fly, baby, no hesitation"...perhaps it's my imagination but i think powers gives me an imperceptible nod, yeah, let's do this

jp's 1st shot is an ugly azz brick thrown from the hip at the end of the 35 second clock...i'm clapping for our night club hero & tell him "no worries, keep shooting, baby"

minutes later powers squares up his shoulders & drains a 3 pter...polite applause from the crowd & loud props from the shockster

powers squares up his shoulders & shoots another 3 pter...kaboom...more polite applause from the crowd except me who's yelling, "let it fly, powers, no hesitation"

powers squares up his shoulders & shoots another 3 pter...kaboom...big crowd response & now i'm standing & screaming, "let it fly, baby, let's do this, let's do this"...a couple of the guys on the bench look over to see what the fired up dumb azz in the blue golf shirt & cal cap is going ape **** about

by now the crowd is getting into it...powers works his way into position, squares up & shoots it...kaboom, 4 in a row...i'm standing & screaming "yeah, let it fly, baby, let if fy" & waving my arms to get other people on their feet...there is a collective recognition that maybe something special is going on

haas is starting to get a serious buzz...there is an undeniable undercurrent of anticipation in the crowd & cal bench...powers releases another 3 pter & everybody who's not in a wheelchair is on their feet...bottom of the net, kaboom, 5 in a row...mike, td, gregg, johnny & theo are all looking at each other & grinning...monty by now is shaking his head & smiling...and i'm full throttle screaming by now yelling, "let it fly" which some of the other fans are also starting to repeat

furman's coach is yelling insructions at his players re: "the shooter"

this **** is getting live

by now most of the crowd is on their feet & yelling...the cal bench is going wild...powers catches the ball, squares up his shoulders & releases another 3 pter...the ball floats in slow motion thru the haas airspace with perfect roation...half of the crowd is screaming & the other half is holding their breath...kaboom, 6 3 pters in a row!...the entire cal coaching staff & players are on the floor (ref does not call a technical, he's smiling too as he runs back to the other end of the court)...i'm losing my voice screaming, "let it fly, baby, let it fly" & high fiving everyone around me

the cal universe is in a galaxy of absolute perfection, all the planets are perfectly aligned....jeff powers is 100% del fuego & he finally shows some emotion (dude is usually pretty stoic) with a world class fist pump for the electrified crowd & a smile forever etched in time

jeff powers told me at the santa barbara airport the morning after that game that he mentally prepares himself the same for every game, he's ready to roll...he told me that when he started against washington state, he was told of his starting role at the last minute...the guy never complains or throws a pity party for his broken down sorry azz, he just gets ready for the next game, the next moment of potential opportunity in his life

jeff powers is an unathletic dan majerle, he's a long range pure shooter who understands spacing that plays hard & doesn't commit turnovers...his lack of lateral defensive mobility can be masked for 5-6 minutes spurts by the bears playing zone d

monty & td screwed up by not giving powers a chance to heat it up behind the line during the bears' abysmal frigid shooting performance in the icy santa barbara thunderdome

cal family#
let it fly#

------

"i can't put into words how it felt but that was pretty special...just to play, i mean i really wasn't coming into tonight's game saying i want to to have 18 points and shoot 6 for 7...the shots fell, nothing really else i can say...when i put the amount of hours that i have over the years, i expect them to go in...i just think my teammates did a really good job of finding me when i did start hitting a couple...i owe more to my teammates than to myself tonight"

-jeff powers

fireworks#
let if fly#

Superhero#

sat tonite with jay john & 3 meb fund guys (they flew on the team's charter flight last nite, stayed at the downtown marriott with the team, attended the walk thru & meetings today, sat courtside & flew home tonight after the game) behind the cal bench

the bears shot an abysmal 4-16 3 pters with many of them quite off the mark, only jordan mathew's smooth stroke looked good

like the santa barbara game & other games when the bears are afflicted with chilly perimeter shooting, jeff powers was not given an opportunity to shoot the bears back into the hunt

powers is 16-29 on 3 pters this season, that's a remarkable shooting %...he's also a solid ball handler with only 3 turnovers in 125 minutes of action

having watched more live cal bb than any other bears fan this season, i can accurately say that this is the worst d team in taking charges during the montgomery era...the tape will show that several bears actually moved out of the way of attacking wildcats rather than trying to sacrifice their bodies & take charges...the most noteable charges this season by the bears have been taken by jeff powers, particularly the victory at oregon state

aaron gordon & rondae holllis-jefferson are nba level athletes but the bears remaining opponents asu, utah & colorado do not have uber athleteic wings that would prohibit mike & travis from playing jeff powers

let it fly#
tsubamoto2001
Shocky1;842287206 said:

sat tonite with jay john & 3 meb fund guys (they flew on the team's charter flight last nite, stayed at the downtown marriott with the team, attended the walk thru & meetings today, sat courtside & flew home tonight after the game) behind the cal bench

the bears shot an abysmal 4-16 3 pters with many of them quite off the mark, only jordan mathew's smooth stroke looked good

like the santa barbara game & other games when the bears are afflicted with chilly perimeter shooting, jeff powers was not given an opportunity to shoot the bears back into the hunt

powers is 16-29 on 3 pters this season, that's a remarkable shooting %...he's also a solid ball handler with only 3 turnovers in 125 minutes of action

having watched more live cal bb than any other bears fan this season, i can accurately say that this is the worst d team in taking charges during the montgomery era...the tape will show that several bears actually moved out of the way of attacking wildcats rather than trying to sacrifice their bodies & take charges...the most noteable charges this season by the bears have been taken by jeff powers, particularly the victory at oregon state

aaron gordon & rondae holllis-jefferson are nba level athletes but the bears remaining opponents asu, utah & colorado do not have uber athleteic wings that would prohibit mike & travis from playing jeff powers

let it fly#

I've felt Powers would be better off as a stretch 4 for us rather than a wing. Either way, we'd likely have to play zone if he's in there, but Monty seems reluctant to do that. He definitely has value, though, with his shooting.
concordtom
Shocky1;842287206 said:

having watched more live cal bb than any other bears fan this season, i can accurately say that this is the worst d team in taking charges during the montgomery era...the tape will show that several bears actually moved out of the way of attacking wildcats rather than trying to sacrifice their bodies & take charges...the most noteable charges this season by the bears have been taken by jeff powers, particularly the victory at oregon state.

1. Having completed the top100 list, have you decided to replace one passion, golf, for another, cal hoops? Travel does take time away from work and family life, not to mention it is costly and tiring. It's not as if you are old enough to be the typical retired empty nester alum, to say nothing of the money, though I suppose just one dot com investment would take care of that. Hmm. In any case, congrats.

2. as for guys bailing out, this is exactly what the NCAA wanted when they changed the rule. Highlight film dunks. More offense. I saw Wallace taking advantage of this early in the season when he'd drive and jump into a guy who was moving. In the past we would call it out of control, but this year we call it smart and daring. The ref who called the charge on CJ Fair at Cameron on Saturday is old school, like Powers, and you gotta love it. I'm all for less contact, which is what the rule was intended to create, but let's not turn this into jungle ball where guys aren't allowed to play defense. How this relates to recruiting? Just go get high jumpers, long jumpers. Doesn't matter if they can shoot or dribble - as long as they are in their upward motion, which would be forever, nobody can stop 'em.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842283367 said:

"i like cal, i like cal a lot...that's really a home school for me because i'm from oakland, i'm from that area...that'a home away from home for me"

-cameron oliver

the 6'7" 205 lb oliver has offers from asu, oregon, oregon state, utep & gonzaga...cameron does not have an actionable offer from cal right now subject to improved grades & test scores

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including sacramento)

cameron oliver scored 17 pts as the grant high school pacers (24-5) distanced themselves from the yuba city honkers (???) 54-46 in the 1st round of the cif playoffs
concordtom
Shocky1;842287238 said:

cameron oliver scored 17 pts as the grant high school pacers (24-5) distanced themselves from the yuba city honkers (???) 54-46 in the 1st round of the cif playoffs

Honkers? That's awesome. My new favorite!
Geese flying overhead. Pacific flyway. Yuba is perfectly situated for that.
2nd, by far, is bananaslugs.
NYCGOBEARS
concordtom;842287243 said:

Honkers? That's awesome. My new favorite!
Geese flying overhead. Pacific flyway. Yuba is perfectly situated for that.
2nd, by far, is bananaslugs.

I was a Honker. The mascot isn't the problem, it's the fact that the school colors are dark brown and gold. Probably the ugliest school colors I've ever seen.
Shocky1
NYCGOBEARS;842287253 said:

I was a Honker. The mascot isn't the problem, it's the fact that the school colors are dark brown and gold. Probably the ugliest school colors I've ever seen.

dude, r u a slow white guy?
NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1;842287255 said:

dude, r u a slow white guy?

Nope. Maybe that's why I left Yuba City at 15. I was a very fast Eurasian. Lol
GMP
Shocky1;842287206 said:

let it fly#

Not very fair to call out kids for not trying to take charges when the rules have been made so difficult to get a charge call this year. So you're then asking them to take the injury of getting blasted by the offensive player and then the insult of getting called for a block.

Also, Jeff Powers having only 3 turnovers this year does not mean he's a "ballhandler" - the low number is a product of his handling the ball very little, and his limited minutes. He's almost strictly a catch and shoot guy, and he should not handle the ball to do much of anything else.
parentswerebears
NYCGOBEARS;842287253 said:

It's a good thing you left. I would have to judge for living across the river. MVille is vastly superior.
NYCGOBEARS
parentswerebears;842287321 said:

It's a good thing you left. I would have to judge for living across the river. MVille is vastly superior.

I strongly dislike all schools with Indians as their mascot. Past or present.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842286667 said:

congratulations to sami eleraky on his commitment to play next season for the university of pacific tigers...sami will have 3 to play 3

ccsf hc justin labagh gets it...he develops his players both athletically & academically and as a result hooks more of his players up with full rides from colleges than any other jc coach in the nation...no wonder labagh (former cal walk on) is the winningest hc in the history of college basketball

go rams#

justin labagh told me (and i'm repeating this with his knowledge & permission) that "at the end of the day he just wasn't good enough for cal...i think the wcc is more his level and he will have to keep improving to be a continually effective player for uop"

sami eleraky has my absolute respect...the guy has traveled halfway around the world from denmark to kansas to denmark to san francisco in his efforts to become a california golden bear

it just didn't work out...cal bb recruting is different than it was 2 years ago

it is 5.498 miles from aalborg denmark to stockton california...good luck to sami on his amazing quest traveling alone to pursue a better life for himself & perhaps the american dream

go tigers#
where's waldo#
parentswerebears
NYCGOBEARS;842287324 said:

I strongly dislike all schools with Indians as their mascot. Past or present.

Not talking about the school. It sucks! The town.
NYCGOBEARS
parentswerebears;842287339 said:

Not talking about the school. It sucks! The town.

I have fond memories of Ellis Lake as a child, otherwise...
parentswerebears
Small world.
First Page Last Page
Page 67 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.