cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,256,139 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[SIZE="5"]The Number 1 Monster
Ivan Rabb, the Monster of Monsters[/SIZE]

Number 1 at position
Number 1 in State
Number 1 in Nation

Looks pretty good in gold too

Also, a good student who values educational excellence, he's gotta like...

[SIZE="4"]Best Undergraduate Business Programs Rankings[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]U.S. News & World Report[/SIZE]

Check out his video:

[SIZE="5"]Now, THAT's MONSTER[/SIZE]

ESPN scouting report:

Ivan Rabb is one of the most athletic players in the class of 2015 and he uses that athleticism defensively to block shots, get deflections and gain offensive rebounds with a quick second jump. His post-up game against a set defense is developing as he can score with either hand in the paint. Love the way he finishes lob passes and drop off passes in the lane. His length and soft touch in close would make him a great weapon in the middle or short corners against a zone defense. He has added the pump fake at the rim which will keep help him balanced and create more free throw opportunities as he is smooth and solid from the line.

With a world of potential because of his size, wing span, advanced athletic ability and blossoming skill he owns all the markers to be a difference maker at the rim defensively and a legitimate offensive threat. He is more active and alert on the glass than ever before and [COLOR="Blue"]is at the point where you expect him to dominate the game on both ends of the floor.[/COLOR]

[SIZE="5"]Local Player from Bishop O'Dowd High School[/SIZE]

Shocky1
original monsters + cal monster class + 2014 newly minted monsters=cal family

where the monsters are#

l to r, stephen "415" domingo, "sir" kingsley okoroh, brandon "chaka chaka boom" chauca, cole "surfer dude" welle & nick "no regrets" hamilton

even rhianna loves monsters
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=rhianna+and+enimenem+monster+song&FORM=VIRE2#view=detail&mid=0D4FB569EF0D6849F9CD0D4FB569EF0D6849F9CD

this is cal basketball#

rhianna loves monsters

Shocky1
6'7" 185 lb 2015 4 star cameron walker is the bears #1 target at the 3

with a rockin' 4.57 weighted gpa at righetti hs in santa maria, walker is the perfect cal fit as an elite true student athlete & high flying impact player at the 3...cameron is a humble & team oriented player just like the bears last small forward nba draft pick alan crabbe

cameron has already been offered by most of the pac 12 and says "the academics are always the back up plan...if i don't play basketball professionally, i'm always going to fall back on my grades to have a good career"

cuonzo martin has reached out to cameron walker & made it clear to his family that he's a huge recruiting priority for the new staff to scout in person & develop relationships..."coach martin calls or texts me every day...he's asked me how i'm doing, how's school, how's basketball and just to be aggressive and look to score more"

with jabari bird's nba skill set best suited to the 2, the bears need to close on a blue chip wing for 2015

cameron's 8 finalists at this time are cal, ucla, stanford, florida, harvard, san diego state, asu & colorado...cameron grew up rooting for the bruins but alford is slow playing the walker family as he pursues his higher prioritized national wings but at the end of the day this is gonna be a cal vs stanford decision

check out this redunkulous block

cuonzo martin & tracy webster recently visited cameron, mom patricia (school teacher) & dad eric at their santa maria home & reconfirmed an official actionable offer for the elite 4.57 gpa wing

jon harris scouted each of cameron's games at the adidas gauntlet tnt in dallas

dad eric speaks highly of their former vanderbilt/harvard lead recruiter, yanni hufnagel

4>1

with finals (which impacted his recent play at the pagnos tnt) & advanced placement work done for the school year, cameron along with his mom & dad are driving to berkeley today for an unofficial visit with the california golden bears staff

the walkers intend to narrow down the college list by the end of july, start taking officials visits in august culminating with cameron signing in november
Shocky1
shockster betting tip sheet: the fastest ponies got good wheels

tonalist#
Shocky1

nobody likes a dumb azz#

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=calvin+harris+summer+video&FORM=VIRE2#view=detail&mid=147B680894D80E7836BC147B680894D80E7836BC

as i fly back to the desert after a long weekend in the hamptons, it never ceases to amaze me the high number of affluent & well educated people that approach me (i also smile a lot) & comment when they see my cal golf cap...cal is recognized & respected on a worldwide basis

brandon, with that in mind, let's take a look at the best case/worst case scenarios for your 2 collegiate finalists, ok?

*****washington state best case scenario: you earn the starting pg position as a freshman...ernie kent turns around the program & the cougars win 15+ games your last 2 seasons with a nit selection your sr season...upon graduation a loyal wsu fan hires you as a parks & rec sports coordinator for jr sports at the city of spokane with an annual salary of $23,500+ health benefits & a citywide free parking pass

*****washington state worst case scenario: you split pg time your 1st two seasons until you break your leg halfway thru your soph season which ends your bb career...you really hate the freezing azz winters in the palouse & you are constantly sick with the flu...your family & friends can't afford to visit you very often in pullman...ernie kent is caught again banging the wife of an important donor (that's why he was terminated at oregon, do your homework re: mr smooth) & he's forced to resign...the new wsu coach implements the princeton weave offense...upon graduation you find out that a wsu degree on the east coast is considered comparable to a ged certificate & you end up working as a busboy at chadwicks for 8 bucks an hour & you live with your parents until you're 30 yrs old

*****california worst case scenario: you split time with your buddy sam singer during your career & the bears make the ncca tnt 2 of the 4 yrs...with all the tasty restaurants in the bay area you develop a weight/belly problem & your nickname becomes "truck"...you graduate with a cal degree & are a jr executive with a washington d.c. lobbying firm earning $100,000+ a significant expense account at age 27

*****california best case scenario: you earn significant pt throughout your cal career at pg with your best friend sam singer...you both are key contributors to the bears final four teams in 2015 & 2016 with both you & sammy feeding sweet dimes to ivan rabb & jabari bird...you are a media sensation/crowd favorite with your filipino heritage & you are often asked to speak at local schools re: the importance of education & working hard regardless of your height...after a pro career overseas in barcelona, your cal degree opens doors to become a biz executive for a venture capital firm with offices in san francisco/new york city/london minting $250,000+ bonuses at age 28

50 yr decision#
don't be a dumb azz#

brandon chauca rocked a 4.5 gpa during the fall semester

brandon chauca ain't a dumb azz#
cal family#
Shocky1

moreau catholic's damari milstead has been named to max prep's 5 player 3rd team freshmen all american team

cal was the 1st bigtime program to offer damari

frank knight's mariners#

damari & his dad jules (who is involved with the oakland soldiers) unofficially visited cal & sat down with cuonzo, tracy, jon, yanni & nicodeumus

"they're very down to earth...they talked a lot and they were very warm...all five of them were in the room and we talked about what they like in me, we talked about what i'm looking for in college and we talked about how they want me to come to cal"

-damari milstead (to ryan gorcey)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the east bay)
Shocky1
"when i was walking into the weight room today a random person stopped me and asked me why do i have the guys lifting on a saturday?...my response: "what so special about saturday?...you have to be willing to what it takes regardless of what day it is!"

"somebody said its saturday...we laughed and asked them what means...we are grinding!!"

-nicodemus christopher

what 5 california golden bears are working their azzs off with their teammates?...answer below (real talk: staying home this summer & clownpunking your former hs bb teammates ain't making you a better pac 12 bb player)
http://instagram.com/p/o9Oze4OJA6/#

how bad do you want success in life?...what price/hard work are you willing to pay?...can you walk by top dog & blondies without stopping?...are you candy azz soft?

what time is it?

the time is NOW

the grind#
Shocky1
are all of the 2014 california golden bears gonna work their azzs off this summer in berkeley with each other & nicodemus christopher?

listen to tara murrey passionately speak about her bears teammate carli lloyd, the national player of the year, after their fiercely contested loss to penn state in the ncaa wvb finals

fast forward to the 9 minute & 20 second mark...fireworks

this is the most epic interview in the history of cal sports

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=207750720

cal family#
50 yr friendships#
the grind#
unbreakable#
TheSouseFamily
HoopDreams;842321511 said:

Calling Shocky!
Coach looking for a good caddy

[/

NM
TheSouseFamily
HoopDreams;842321507 said:

Cal Coaches
Trust, Love and Family

Which one is Yanni Huffnagel???
Shocky1

don't be a sleeping bear#
the grind#
Shocky1
sir richard midgley from burgess, england was one of the most hard azz & ferociously competitive players to ever wear a california golden bears uniform

midgley set a cal freshmen shooting record by connecting on 44.9% of 3 pters (44-98) including an ice in the veins game winning 3 pter with 3.9 seconds left in overtime to give the bears a 1st round ncca victory over north carolina state 76-74

richard midgley told me "i am married (my wife and i met at cal), living in the east bay and commuting to modesto everyday...i have been coaching/teaching at my old high school modesto christian for the last 4 years...after graduating from cal in 2006 I played professionally in england for 3 years and then moved back to california"

"my major at cal was social welfare...i was not planning on coaching when i stopped playing but I visited my old high school coach at modesto christian, gary porter, at an open gym just to say hi and as i was there did some skill training stuff with the team...there were a couple of 8th graders at the practice that i thought had some potential and that i would be able to help them so from that session i started doing a couple of practices a week over the summer which then progressed to daily practices when then progressed to me helping coach the team in the season which then progressed to me being hired full time at the school and taking over the program...i couldn't be happier with the way things have gone and i really enjoy trying to influence and motivate high school kids to achieve more in all areas of their lives"

"i consider theo robertson one of my closest friends...he keeps me up to date on everything going on at cal...he has been a great resource for me when i need some coaching ideas or thoughts on how to motivate some of my players...i do not get to as many games as i would like with our high school schedule and cal's schedule but i did get to the cal vs arizona game last week and enjoyed watching the game"

re: ivan rabb who played against modesto christian sat afternoon

"the first thing that comes to my head with ivan is special...he has great length and athleticism and his timing on blocking shots is excellent...he plays without fouling which is rare in high school...he has excellent touch around the basket with both hands and his footwork make him unguardable 1 on 1 on the post"

re: jeff "dr" wu, the shockster's top target for a 2015 cal preferred walk on slot

"jeff wu has an excellent gpa (3.5+)...he definitely would be good enough to walk on at cal...he has a few mid major schools showing a lot of interest in him though"

cal basketball coaching tree#
50 yr decision & friendships#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the united kingdom)

richard midgley & frank knight of moreau catholic (damari "the baby face all american" milstead & oscar frayer) are gonna be the head coaches at the 6th annual nor cal classic at contra costa community college on august 24th at 3:30 pm

this all star game will match up the nor cal 2015 all stars (surely led by ivan "the terrible" rabb) vs the nor cal 2016 all stars (presumably including potential cal targets solomon "beast mode' young, christian "smooth" terrell, colin "25 hour energy" slater, jordan "underdog" ford & oscar "outer space" frayer)

who got game#
HoopDreams
[SIZE="5"]Cal not only has the Monster Classes, but they also have the Super Hero alumni[/SIZE]

"was one of the top three-pointer shooters in the nation at Cal this season hitting 48.6 percent of his long distance shots.
He had a high of 18 points against Oregon State."

"Thurman completed his first professional season in Denmark after playing at Cal. He averaged 17.5 ppg and was the 4th leading rebounder in the league with 9.8 rpg."
They forgot to add the NCAA tournament game where he terminated the Running Rebels with SIX dunks

[SIZE="4"]This dynamic dual will be going on a tour of China to play basketball...
and to bring to justice the rouge Brazilian players who did this to fellow Cal alum 7-2 Max Zhang[/SIZE]

http://netscoutsbasketball.com/blog/netscouts-basketball-mens-all-star-team-named-for-china-tour/

Shocky1
christian behrens rocked a 3.5 gpa (he ain't a stoopid dumb azz) & served on the school leadership team at tahoma hs in washington before bringing his 30' vj & 80' wingspan to berkeley

what you may not know about christian behrens is that his dad bj died at their maple valley home following a 16 month battle against brain cancer in the early hours of feb 19, 2010...he had turned 53 the month prior and was known for his bravery & great sense of humor

christian has said of his father "i know he's looking down at me...i know he's proud and that's what i'm trying to do every day in what i do, make him proud"

there can be no doubt that bj, mom andrea & sister rachel are very proud of christian who has also fought back from 2 serious knee surgeries

next time you're at a bears game, make sure that you recognize and celebrate christian behrens & the road less traveled he's taken in life

bj & christian behrens

gregg gottlieb told me "i thought christian played a large role in winning at stanford...he impacted the game with his defense and rebounding at both ends of the court...with david and richard in foul trouble it allowed us to sustain our momentum...if he continues to bring that to the table he will earn more minutes"

christian behrens has no quit in him, he is relentless...he has stared down tragedy more than once and perservered

christian behrens is truly unbreakable & a great teammate

"tough work out today, but wouldn't want it any other way...gotta get better"

-christian behrens after 1st workout with new bears staff

christian behrens is practicing without a brace(s)...cuonzo martin told jeff faraudo that both behrens & roger moute a bidias impressed him at the 4 during limited workouts

"he (christian) improved every day...that's a great sign"
-cuonzo martin

cal family#
the fast & furious#
Shocky1
TheSouseFamily;842323428 said:

HoopDreams;842321511 said:

Calling Shocky!
Coach looking for a good caddy

[/

NM

souse, as a golf architecture enthusiast, i don't play ever play in scrambles or ride in golf carts & i avoid vapid housing development golf courses

a week or so ago in the hamptons (my favorite place to play golf in the united states) i played:

maidstone

shinnecock hills

friar's head

the national golf links of america (my favorite course in the world)

walking the links of the most eastern long island with the wind in my face & the sun at my back with some of my sketchy golf buddies makes me want to sing about being off to the races
off to the races#http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=lana+del+rey+off+to+the+races&FORM=VIRE3#view=detail&mid=44F6102AE773C549415744F6102AE773C5494157
HoopDreams
[SIZE="4"](1) Who is the Number One most famous sports figure from the Philippines? [/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"](2) What is the Number One most popular sport in the Philippines?[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="6"]What does this mean?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="5"](1) + (2) = Manny Pacquiao will coach the new Kia pro basketball team[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]It means that if the Heat can't beat the Spurs in the Championship, that perhaps Erik Spoelstra can get a new job in the Philippines...
...Either coaching basketball, or maybe taking up boxing
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]It also means that the Philippines is one of the only countries besides America who has a deep rooted passion for the game of basketball[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Basketball is in the culture and blood of filipinos [/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]Pinoy Pride[/SIZE]
Shocky1
the california golden bears will host the td led montana grizzlies at haas pavilion on dec 3rd

tsubamoto2001
Scott Thom got hired at Wazzu to be their strength and conditioning coach. I guess that leaves John Monty and Theo. Does anyone know what their plans are?
NYCGOBEARS
tsubamoto2001;842324093 said:

Scott Thom got hired at Wazzu to be their strength and conditioning coach. I guess that leaves John Monty and Theo. Does anyone know what their plans are?

Montana?
Shocky1
christian terrell has been offered by usc, washington and gonzaga with cal & ucla also recruiting him hard

but guess what?

christian has described cal as his "dream school"

sacramento mayor/former nba all star/bears starting pg kevin johnson would agree with that assessment

cal family#

http://midmajorhoopsreport.com/2014/03/14/players-corner-64-guard-christian-terrell-sacramento-hs-2016ca/...recent profile of terrell

a soph ranked in the top 50 in the 2016 class describing cal as his "dream school" is not just some lucky azz good fortune for the bears, it's a direct result of the cal bb staff building early & deep relationships with key targeted prospects

this is cal basketball#

coach martin & staff will hopefully stay tight with the sacramento hs 2016 trio of christian terrell, arguably the most physical/best defender in nor cal solomon young & 3 pt sharpshooter tre finch

i dunno, maybe visit with former cal all american/nba all star/sacramento mayor kevin johnson who is a former sacrmaneto hs grad who still returns to berkeley for a game or two when his schedule permits

christian terrell is unofficially visiting the cal bb staff in berkeley today

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including sacramento)
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842321031 said:

The Master Shooter

brandon representing cal with his sister (left) & gf (right)

his gf won the miss teen phillipines washington d.c. pageant

i dunno, maybe she answered the questions better than miss utah & miss teen south carolina

i'm gonna enter my rescue dogs happy & misty mae and rescue cats trouble & mugsy in the miss scottsdale cute animal pageant

winners#
Shocky1
what player in the pac 12 has the disruptive length & skillset to most resemble the playing style of nba rookie of the year michael carter-willliams of philly?

what california golden bear most resembles samuel l jackson in unbreakable?

who will cuonzo martin & staff rely upon for upperclassmen leadership next season?

tyrone "let's rumble" wallace significantly improved his perimeter shooting from his freshman season & was the bear's best defender at times

but his game last season was erratic with the low pt at the asu game in tempe when mike montgomery lit up t-wall during a timeout after he inexplicably failed to dive for a loose ball near the bears bench...when play resumed, mike turned sideways to td and said "they're not listening" & shook his head

tyrone needs to bring it every moment he is on the court & also continue improving his outside jumper & shot selection...he is virtually unstoppable when he attacks the rim, if he wants to get paid $ playing bb down the road, that's gonna be his $ move

the dude always has a smile on his face, t-wall just gotta love it not hate it
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=fifty+cent+love+it+hate+it+video&FORM=VIRE2#view=detail&mid=2CA55FB70EA62AC4DA632CA55FB70EA62AC4DA63

cal family#

"to the best mom i could ask for...broke her back for a long time to make sure her kids were taken care of...did it on your own, always made sacrifices for me and my siblings and i love and appreciate you for that!...the strongest woman i know...literally my bestfriend, i call you when i'm sad or make dumb mistakes so you can make me feel better...we're argued, cried and laughed together but no matter what, you are always going to be my heart!...a true bestfriend bond that can never be broken!...you've always believed in me and been my #1 fan!...i just hope that one day that i can take care of you because you deserve it!...my inspiration, my hero!...i love you baby"

-tyrone wallace

tyrone wallace=man of steel

"i think we have a good core, good guys returning...tyrone has been battle tested, played a lot of minutes"

-cuonzo martin

happy birthday this week, t-wall
Shocky1
"when i was walking into the weight room today a random person stopped me and asked me why do i have the guys lifting on a saturday?...my response: "what so special about saturday?...you have to be willing to what it takes regardless of what day it is!"

"somebody said its saturday...we laughed and asked them what means...we are grinding!!"

-nicodemus christopher

what 5 california golden bears are working their azzs off with their teammates?...answer below (real talk: staying home this summer & clownpunking your former hs bb teammates ain't making you a better pac 12 bb player)
http://instagram.com/p/o9Oze4OJA6/#

how bad do you want success in life?...what price/hard work are you willing to pay?...can you walk by top dog & blondies without stopping?...are you candy azz soft?

what time is it?

the time is NOW

the grind#

bears grinding in the foto (l to r): stephen domingo, roger moute a bidias, kameron rooks, jabari bird & jordan mathews

more teammates arriving in berkeley june 23/24
Shocky1

"where i like the coaching staff and where the head coach is the main one talking to me so i know they really want me...if the head coach is calling, that means you're a priority"

-ivan rabb

"the schools that he has recruiting him are university of california-berkeley, ucla, usc, arizona, kansas, kentucky, georgetown and north carolina"

-lou richie, bod hc

early indications are that cuonzo & the new staff have made favorable 1st impressions

the former bears staff were fractured in their approach to the recruitment of the #1 player in the 2015 class...coaches told me there was "no chance" to "we should try harder"...my biggest divergence in opinion with the that staff (that led cal bb to the most successful era during the last half a century) centered around ivan's recruitment...only td attended bod's state championship game at sleepy train arena in sacramento after the bears season had already ended

mac dre agrees that not making every effort known to mankind to relentlessly recruit ivan rabb would be stoopid, gotta "growl like a bear"

the grind includes the hc#

"the new cal coaches stopped by as well...i like them so far but i have not seen the way they coach yet or anything...i will watch them this year"

-ivan rabb

north carolina: ivan & his mom tami along with bod hc lou richie unofficially visited unc...rabb played in a pick up game & checked out the facilities...roy williams was unavailable during the visit (this trip was prior to the recent academic fraud allegations directed at williams)

duke: relatively brief unofficially visit with coach k who expressed an interest in recruiting rabb in the future

georgetown: visited with hc john thompson iii...ivan impressed with the urban (city) aspect of the campus vs the 2 north carolina schools & also the georgetown graduate school biz program

cal: "as soon as the new staff came in, they started contacted me regularly during the first week...they talk to me a lot and make sure that i know that i'm at the top of their list and that they really want me at cal...i have respect for all of their coaches and i'm looking forward to seeing what they can do next year"

a decision will be forthcoming during the spring of 2015 signing period
HoopDreams
great shooters are not born great shooters
GREAT shooters get there by having the athletic ability, AND by working hard every day

it's not just when the lights are shining and the fans cheering
it's not just when the coach is practicing them
it's not just when their buddy calls them to 'shoot around alittle'
it's not just when they feel like it

grinding

Shocky1
looks like oski is goofing off again this summer

look, i don't wanna be overly critical of oski's teaching techniques (what kind of legit pro smiles like they've just been invited to an after hours party at lure nigthclub during a lesson?) but she is standing too far from the ball, she's set up for a weak azz cut or slice, she's made more of a sway move than a solid shoulder rotation & her wrists aren't fully cocked

the bear would not quit (trying to hook up), the bear would not die#
the grind#

i dunno, maybe if oski spent a little less time playing golf, going to concerts & focusing on his yoga practice, maybe he could actually graduate from cal someday

why is oski such a dumb azz?

academic hall of shame#

apparently oski is also working with cal olympic golf medal soccer superstar alex morgan & martin kaymer
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=alex+morgan+golf+swing&FORM=VIRE7#view=detail&mid=F08FB244D1524EFFAB27F08FB244D1524EFFAB27

kaymer (german) is scottsdale whisper rock's 2nd foreign born member along with australian geoff ogilvy to win the us open

more wiggle, less waggle#
happy father's day#
Shocky1

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=earth+wind+and+fire+september+video&FORM=VIRE10#view=detail&mid=753F0100F4A6513FDD2E753F0100F4A6513FDD2E

cal family#
happy father's day#
antipattern
Shocky1;842324991 said:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=earth+wind+and+fire+september+video&FORM=VIRE10#view=detail&mid=753F0100F4A6513FDD2E753F0100F4A6513FDD2E

cal family#
happy father's day#

That's an awesome picture.

Also, I love that you use Bing! It's so cute.
Shocky1
http://norcalbasketball.blogspot.com/2013/10/meet-alex-pribble.html

check out kevin mccarthy's highly informative nor cal basketball blog for an update re: former cal walk on (and part time starter) & 2 time all pac 12 academic team alex pribble who is now an asst coach at eastern washington

the only person who has ever transferred (who did not flunk out) from cal to fresno state (gonna guess that no one has ever transferred from harvard to arizona or oregon either) shantay legans is also an asst coach at ew...wonder if shantay's mom susan is still calling the hc with her crazytown advice...i'll bet u $5 the ew hc has an unlisted #

the cal monster class is distinguished not only by its athletically gifted true student athletes with strong academic skills & goals with edgy/fiery competitive personalities but also its engaged but not meddling parents

cal family#

eastern washington will visit haas on dec 19th

there are very few things in life that i find truly offensive (a by product of a cal education that promotes tolerance of other points of view & a yoga practice that encourages acceptance of everyone, even dumb azzs) but susan legans swearing obscenities at student athletes during cal games isn't easily forgotten
Shocky1
who's got the best name in california high school basketball?

that would be paris austin, the 5'11" 155 lbs 2015 pg from bod who is blowing up this summer playing for dream vision on the aau circuit with strong performances at the pagnos tnt

austin is quick & aggressive although his hard charging style does lend itself to turnovers...an above average passer with a consistent mid range shot, he is not a true pg but more of a combo shooting guard with a pg's size

paris is picking up mid major offers (including one from td at montana) & is on the radar for several high major programs including cal

paris has been friends with bod teammate ivan rabb since 4th grade..."we are like brothers, we can talk about anything...we definitely want to go to the same college if we can"

the bears have taken pgs in both 2013 (singer) & 2014 (chauca) and are building strong relationships with christian terrell (2016) & damari milstead (2017)...pg class balance will likely be a factor in cal's evaluation & potential recruitment of the dragons pg

paris in berkeley is definitely a possibility

bonsoir, monsieur austin

Shocky1
yeah, vandalus is right about the date (we sat center court on the floor in goldman's seats next to bill "grateful dead" walton & roxy)...leave it to an attorney to remember a conversation with razor sharp clarity

so how did the bears not sign a local kid (salesian, coached by former cal bb team mgr bill mellis) with blazing speed (fastest guard in the pac 12 with asu's carson) with a strong gpa (3.6)?

travis decuire's dad told me the following story at the washington game in seattle:

da is a well regarded local middle school kid & td encourages him to keep working harder, td thinks he's a fast & fearless kid for 5'

da attends cal's camp as a freshman & plays well but td is thinking, man, he's a player, sure wish he wasn't 5'3"...no cal offer

da attends cal's camp as a soph & lights is up but td is thinking, man, he's a player, sure wish he wasn't 5'6"...no cal offer

da attend cal's camp as a jr & blows the roof off haas...he's now pushing 6' so td extends an actionable cal offer

da tells td, where were you a few yrs ago & eventually signs with oregon

td's dad told me that travis learned a few valuable lessons from da's recruitment & that's a large part of why cal started offering players earlier since the inception of the monster class thread

blue chip bb recruiting is more like asking the dream girl to the prom than you think...you gotta trust your heart

not gonna happen...according to mark olivier of the oakland soldiers, artis will visit & likely sign with steve lavin's st john's program if he passes the school's due diligence checks
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842246156 said:

it's easy to forget after the first game that we have 5 freshmen on this year's team that six months ago were sitting in their high school history class. We give them one game as a newbie, and then analyze every shot, move, mistake they make as if they were NBA professionals.

but basketball is a game, and these players are here for the love of that game. I really like this photo, because it shows what kinda players they are, and it has nothing to do with whether we make a run for the tournament or not.

proud of the players who are representing Cal basketball and the University

"good size, good soft hands...i think he has a knack to be a good rebounder...you're talking about a guy who is 7 feet, 270 pounds...he needs to continue to improve his mobility and chisel his body"

-cuonzo martin

is kameron gonna work as hard this summer as his dad sean did to reach his bb potential?

summertime is coming en todo el mundo, hola senorita bonita a la playa

boom#
lowkey#
spongebob squarepants#
NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1;842325666 said:

"good size, good soft hands...i think he has a knack to be a good rebounder...you're talking about a guy who is 7 feet, 270 pounds...he needs to continue to improve his mobility and chisel his body"

-cuonzo martin

is kameron gonna work as hard this summer as his dad sean did to reach his bb potential?

summertime is coming en todo el mundo, hola senorita bonita a la playa

boom#
lowkey#
spongebob squarepants#

Rooks surprised me last year with the dramatic progress he made up until his injury. He's gonna be a good one.

HoopDreams, that picture is awesome.
R.Hobbs
I am excited to see how many of our kids go through the freshman to sophomore leap
Shocky1

eric musselman no longer a candidate to live in the bears castle but no worries, eric has already met his belle

story old as time
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=beauty+and+the+beast+song+video&FORM=VIRE2#view=detail&mid=61CD77B092500A47235261CD77B092500A472352

eric musselman is joining the lsu staff as an asst coach
First Page Last Page
Page 95 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.