cal's monster class deux

Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
what up jemarl & juhwan?

glad to hear both of you are still all in with each other & the #1 rated public (#3 overall) university in the world (including so cal)

your both looking at 30+ mpg next season particularly if the deal maker takes charlie with him to missouri

Shocky1;842780817 said:



juhwan: why do you always gotta wear exactly what i wear?

jemarl: what are you talking about, maybe if you didn't leave all your crap all the floor i could actually find my clothes

juhwan (shaking his head): yeah kinda like the way you find guys on defense after they already scored

jemarl: guess what buddy, shocky thinks you got crooked azz shooting

juhwan: who cares what shocky thinks, he's a dumb azz bitch azz male stripper as far as i'm concerned

roommates (50 year friendship)#:buttkick:
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
g'day grant, glad to hear your still fully committed to arriving for cal's summer bridge in june

i dunno maybe you could do a detailed psychological cognitive analysis of the deal maker, how he says one thing but does another to achieve his ultimate goals but it's a free country

don't forget your passport, grant:patriot

*******************************************************************************************************

welcome 6'8" 210 lbs grant anticevich from the newington college in new south wales australia:cheer

http://www.hudl.com/profile/7634288/grant-anticevich


grant officially visited georgia tech & davidson along with a secret (non authorized personnel not told ****) stop in berkeley as part of his family's whirlwind tour of the united states

anticevich's commitment is part of my accelerated international recruiting which is quietly whispered in the shadowy hallways of haas pavilion as the midnite hotel de paris plan, some of my plan is so complicated that even coach martin don't understand it unless i speak real slow & then he just nods

yeah grant can't wait to arrive in cali this summer & check out them curvy brunette yoga females with flat stomachs, what a time to be alive:cheer:cheer:cheer




shocky is down under#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including sydney):tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree

Shocky1;842811808 said:

another cal's monster class exclusive recruiting update: this past week's offical visit with mr australia & his family went very well & he got a very short list, my cute cousin sidney (who lives in san francisco) loves our international guys roger & the king



the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including new south wales)
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mr sueing sr, i understand why you are now keeping your son's options open with the deal maker's departure today to see who's the next head coach at cal

hopefully the next head coach will reassure you that berkeley still offers the best opportunity for basketball & academic achievement for your remarkable son

Shocky1;842800060 said:



message to dad: what up mr sueing sr?

as the director of recruiting for the california golden bear basketball program i would like to officially welcome you & your son to berkeley this weekend for the cal vs stanford class warfare (the self made rags to riches vs the trust funders) battle at the barricade...i accept full resonsiblity for not successfully recruiting troy brown jr & sr, that's not gonna happen again, parents matter too, right?

1st of all, you've done an amazing job raising your son to be an articulate well spoken young man, he got a 3.8 gpa, he's not a ******* dumb azzork:

as one parent to another let's be real here, we both know utah is an academically mediocre school, it's not even in the same zip code as cal but let's take a realistic look at both team's rosters with respects to your son's future playing time as a multiple 3, ok?

2017 cal basketball roster including incoming players, next year the bears currently only got 1 scholly player taller than 6'4" and shorter than 6'10":
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/roster/_/id/25/california-golden-bears

*****6'7" 200 lbs roman davis (will be a sophmore): averaging 2.4 mpg
both of cal's 2017 commits jemarl baker & juhwan harris dyson are 6'4"

2017 utah basketball roster including incoming players, next year the utes currently got 7 scholly players taller than 6'4" and shorter than 6'10":
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/roster/_/id/254/utah-utes

*****6'5" 190 lbs devon daniels (will be a sophmore): averaging 26.8 mpg
*****6'8" 215 lbs chris seeley (will be a redshirt freshman): not playing this season
*****6'8" 220 lbs david collette (will be a senior): averaging 27.6 mpg
*****6'9" 221 lbs kyle kuzma (will be a senior): averaging 29.8 mpg
*****6'9" 220 lbs max reininger (will be a sophmore): averaging 3.4 mpg
*****6'9" 215 lbs makoi mawlen is signed for 2017 (will be a freshman)
*****6'6" 190 lbs gabe bealer is signed for 2017 (will be a junior)

cal got 1 guy with your son's height range, utah is gonna have 7 guys with his height range next season, do you really want your son to be the 8th?...what roster offers the opportunity to compete for a starting position & early playing time?

where does justice want to live the next 4 years, the almost all white freezing azz salt lake city or the wonderfully diverse ideal weather san francisco bay area?

what area is economically vibrant with high tech start ups that are minting fresh out of college hard working millennials, salt lake city or the san francisco bay area (silicon valley)?...have you priced out gameday flights from cali to slc?

special k has done a great job of selling your son that he's gonna develop him, that he played in the nba

coach martin is more low key, he don't bring it up all the time (which might be a mistake on his part because there are some guys that wanna hear that **** all the time) but he also played in the nba

reality is that during larry's 6 years in freezing azz utah he's only put 2 guys delon wright & jakop poeltl into the league, coach martin & his staff got a way better track record of developing guys for the nba, did you know that?

mr sueing, your son is 1 injury away from basketball being done with him forever, what's your 50 year family plan to ensure that your son achieves all of his life goals?...is he gonna use basketball or is basketball gonna use him?

and make no mistake about it, if your son commits to cal this weekend i'm gonna coach him up with key highly effective very vocal messages on gamedays to ensure that he reaches his ultimate potential, that's what i do

50 year plan#
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?


olivier, as a former silent commit whose status is now undecided, it will be the next head coach's #1 priority to fly to toulouse to introduce themselves to you & your parents

the university of california, berkeley=still the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including france)
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BeggarEd;842820360 said:

I hear the golf is great in Columbia this time of year... you headed that way too?


nope, next golf trip is a golf magazine rater's excursion to cabo & then augusta national (again)

Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842819660 said:

update: lorenzo romar will be relieved of his duties at head coach of washington this afternoon


update: lorenzo romar will likely work as an assistant coach for the los angeles clippers next season

nick kerr told me after last nite's game that he finish his grad public health grad degree this summer & will likely work for luke walton's los angeles lakers next season, doesn't want to start his professional career in his dad's shadow with the golden state warriors
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FrankBear21;842820363 said:

If he takes Charlie, my opinion of him would change.


when coach martin cleans out his office, he takes everything

coach martin stopped working for cal a while ago (but still accepted the paychecks), he's a master deal maker
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
trevin, your decision to wait & see who's the next head coach is a wise & practical decision

life is not linear (either is the golden gate bridge)#:nono:

Shocky1;842815693 said:

trevin, congrats on becoming the leading scorer in utah high school basketball this season with a sizzling (can anything really sizzle in freezing azz salt lake city?) 25.4 ppg & 3.6 3 pointers per game but to be honest with you all the credit should really be given to your moms vicki for waking you up every morning & making you breakfast at 5:00 so you can put up your 500+ (sometimes 1000) shots every single day, no days off

your commitment to daily hard work & achievement says a lot about who you are & where your going in life, it's no surprise that your not a dumb azz & that you also got a 4.0+ gpa...the discipline that is required for academic achievement is the same discipline that is necessary for basketball skills development




the university of california, berklee:cheer
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
former bishop o'dowd grad/3 time nba champion player with the los angeles lakers/former head coach for the denver nuggets/current lakers assistant brian shaw is very interested in the cal head coaching position



shaw could assemble a dynamic recruiting west coast recruiting team with theo robertson (currently with the lakers organization) & lou richie (his son bj plays for the dragons)
socaliganbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oakland native Brian Shaw... that does have a lovely ring to it...
CalEnviroLaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842820451 said:

former bishop o'dowd grad/3 time nba champion player with the los angeles lakers/former head coach for the denver nuggets/current lakers assistant brian shaw is very interested in the cal head coaching position



shaw could assemble a dynamic recruiting west coast recruiting team with theo robertson (currently with the lakers organization) & lou richie (his son bj plays for the dragons)


I like that idea. His NBA experience, playing and coaching, would really help with recruiting. Shaw is a UCSB grad, right? We really need somebody with California ties (the state). Bay Area ties like Shaw, even better. If we could just get most of, or all of the top recruits from the Bay Area and the Sacramento area year after year, then we would be in great shape.

Shaw would be a big upgrade over Martin.
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big C_Cal;842820077 said:

Shocky, I just want to be clear here...

Are you saying you're possibly not in it for the long haul? Are you saying you are a huge Cal Basketball fan... under certain conditions? Or am I misinterpreting what you wrote?


big c, i watched every second of cal basketball live this season because i love all the guys on the team & their unique personalities & goals in life...but i live in north scottsdale which means that other than the asu game in tempe there's a lot of road trips

in case you didn't know I got some ocd tendencies (autistic to some), i got a lotta other interests that are also very important to me such as....

yoga/meditation 5-6 times a week, my waist has gone from a loose 34 to a firm 31, curvy brunette yoga females like guys with flat stomachs


playing the top 100 golf courses in the world as a golf magazine architecture rankings panelist


resuce dog/cat volunteer/fundraising support in maricopa country


i'm kinda like nicky ham, when it stops being fun then it will be time to focus on other interests...whether or not i'll keep working on cal's monster class (can't speak for my partner hoop dreams) will depend on who's the next head coach & whether or not i have have any personal friendships with the assistant coaches (like lou ritchie, richard midgley or theo robertson)

i'll always be a cal basketball fan but i'm not gonna continue the monster class if i don't think we're relentlessly working towards championships (then the lazy azz negative tv fans can just take over this board & talk **** about the players, coaches & administration in a self fulfilling prophecy)

life is not linear (heading into uncharted waters)#
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ayyntee;842820467 said:

How about Theo Robertson back to CAL, he was a graduate manager after his CAL playing days, had a stint with the Warriors during their championship season, and is currently an assistant with Luke and the Lakers. He has CAL ties being a former player and Bay Area ties with De La Salle High School. Any thoughts or rumors on this?


theo told me yesterday that he's really enjoying his time with the los angeles lakers but that he would listen to any cal coaching opportunities
CalEnviroLaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842820483 said:

big c, i watched every second of cal basketball live this season because i love all the guys on the team & their unique personalities & goals in life...but i live in north scottsdale which means that other than the asu game in tempe there's a lot of road trips

in case you didn't know I got some ocd tendencies (autistic to some), i got a lotta other interests that are also very important to me such as....

yoga/meditation 5-6 times a week, my waist has gone from a loose 34 to a firm 31, curvy brunette yoga females like guys with flat stomachs


playing the top 100 golf courses in the world as a golf magazine architecture rankings panelist


resuce dog/cat volunteer/fundraising support in maricopa country


i'm kinda like nicky ham, when it stops being fun then it will be time to focus on other interests...whether or not i'll keep working on cal's monster class (can't speak for my partner hoop dreams) will depend on who's the next head coach & whether or not i have have any personal friendships with the assistant coaches (like lou ritchie, richard midgley or theo robertson)

i'll always be a cal basketball fan but i'm not gonna continue the monster class if i don't think we're relentlessly working towards championships (then the lazy azz negative tv fans can just take over this board & talk **** about the players, coaches & administration in a self fulfilling prophecy)

life is not linear (heading into uncharted waters)#


Hang on Shocky! The traditions and appeal of this great University are more important than any one person, including coaches and players. The University of California will survive, and thrive, as it always has before.
philbert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shaw as HC with Theo as an assistant might be the most appealing names I've seen proposed today.
CalEnviroLaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
philbert;842820494 said:

Shaw as HC with Theo as an assistant might be the most appealing names I've seen proposed today.


+1
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[SIZE=5]Cal practicing for their first game in the NCAA Tournament[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]at Waco Texas, vs LSU on Saturday, 6pm PST (ESPN2)[/SIZE]



[SIZE=5]But a highlight for me was to see Kristine at the men's NIT game, supporting her brothers[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?


HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[SIZE=5]John Wooden Award High School Player of the Year for Division 1[/SIZE]



HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[SIZE=5]nice, quiet gentleman
... off the court[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[SIZE=5]not just anyone can be KING[/SIZE]



mikecohen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CalEnviroLaw;842820492 said:

Hang on Shocky! The traditions and appeal of this great University are more important than any one person, including coaches and players. The University of California will survive, and thrive, as it always has before.


Haaang on Shocky, Shocky hang on . . . .
roqmoq
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CalEnviroLaw;842820499 said:

+1


Shaw lives up the hill from me. So, on a personal note, he gets my vote because I may run into him while out for my daily walk. Plus he's got local (Oakland) and UCSB ties, two factors which should be considered in a new coach. Also, KD and Shaun Livingston are said to live near Shaw as confirmed by other neighbors. That would make our neighborhood the "basketball" capitol of the Bay Area.
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?


former cal assistant coach under ben braun, new orleans head coach & arizona associate head coach to the donut boy of tucson joe pasternack is very interested in being interviewed by mike williams & ashwin puri

pasternak is supported by some of cal's largest donors including doug goldman which means he's probably the best candidate to fundraise the necessary funds to get the dedicated basketball practice facility done in berkeley...and make no mistake about it, shovels need to be in the ground on this facility during the next 12 months

he's a workaholic who will put in 15+ hour days, a relentless recruiter with deep west coast ties...the jorge kicking incident was a mistake, that should not define his candidacy for returning to cal

if joe is hired, his staff would ideally include his former players dennis gates & richard midgley as assistant coaches

heading into unchartered waters#:tree
socaltownie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842820584 said:



former cal assistant coach under ben braun, new orleans head coach & arizona associate head coach to the donut boy of tucson joe pasternack is very interested in being interviewed by mike williams & ashwin puri

pasternak is supported by some of cal's largest donors including doug goldman which means he's probably the best candidate to fundraise the necessary funds to get the dedicated basketball practice facility done in berkeley...and make no mistake about it, shovels need to be in the ground on this facility during the next 12 months

he's a workaholic who will put in 15+ hour days, a relentless recruiter with deep west coast ties...the jorge kicking incident was a mistake, that should not define his candidacy for returning to cal

if joe is hired, his staff would include his former players dennis gates & richard midgley as assistant coaches

heading into unchartered waters#:tree


Sorry no. For just another reason look at his conduct during Miller's recent grandstanding during the Pac-12 tournament. Josh is there yucking it up like a sophmore at a kegger. The other coaches, older and wiser, are embarassed for Arizona and Miller for such a bush league stunt.

Tireless working 15 hours a day is pretty much par for the course in the brutally competitve global economy. Let him go coach at UCSB and prove that he can get it done....his work at New Orleans speaks volumes.

I promise to haunt this thread until Jim bans me should he be made head coach.

PS. And honestly Bill, I have come to appreciate your passion for the program but it is just BS that Gates is joining his staff unless you have spoken DIRECTLY to dennis (and Josh). Right now Gates is the number 2 at FSU - suggesting a FAR better pay day (and options) than joining an unproven HC out west in what will be a rebuilding process. You have got to decide - do I want to be a "fan" or do i want to be a "journalist". If the later - then you should at least confirm rumors with a second source or a direct off the record quote. If the former - great - but then don't purport to offer up "news"

Yeah - I am passionate about this one. NOTHING Josh P has done suggests he would be anything other than the worst hire since Kuchen. It might be worse because it is impossible to disentangle Zona's recruiting from Zona
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
the final straw for coach Martin was the team practicing 3 times this season in a local high school gym because there wasn't court time available on campus, what kind of **** show are we running in berkeley?...in one of these instances he was told the only time available was at 5:30 am the morning after returning from a road game, what p5 conference runs their basketball program that way?

martin has also stated he had no confidence in mike williams (a poor communicator who thinks he's a good communicator despite not responding to fan's emails & not making himself available to season tix holders), ashwin puri (who couldn't arrange the practice time but is at least willing to hustle & battle with bureaucracy) & jeremy wang (who the vast majority of donors don't really know on a personal level despite being the director of development)

bottom line, these 3 administrators need to get the shovels in the ground on the practice facility or there's really no future (beyond middle of the road mediocre results which have defined cal basketball for the last 50 years) for the cal basketball program

the deal maker vs amateur hour in berkeley#:nono::nono::nono:

Shocky1;842819586 said:



contrary to the viewpoints of cal's tv fan base, the sky is not falling in berkeley

the cal basketball program is currently a top 3rd program in the pac 12 but quite frankly that's not enough for either coach martin or myself

cal's go all the way up class (2017) includes an infusion of highly talented immediate contributors that can flat out shoot the basketball & marcus lee told me before the game he's relentlessly worked with coach nic in the s&c program to a current 222 lbs (he weighed 211 lbs at the 2016 nba combine), there's a lot of upside to next season

but we're also at the fork in the road, is mike williams & his staff going to facilitate our program organically growing to the next level?

one path in the road is to maintain the status quo, if that's the case both coach martin & myself are probably gone...i saw every second of cal basketball live in person (despite living in north scottsdale) this season & cal's monster class is the most actively read thread (with almost 3 million views) in college basketball nationwide with a dedicated readership of targeted high school prospects, i'm not going to do that in the future (this might come as good news to the uptight critics of my work) if we're not going to build the necessary foundation for potential future championships

the other path in the road is for mike willliams along with his team of ashwin puri & jeremy wang to ensure the upward trajectory of the cal basketball program by enabling coach martin to win championships

3 things need to happen now:

1). ground breaking of the dedicated basketball practice facility within the next 12 months...we are very fortunate to have a generous lead donor but perhaps the scope of the facility needs to be downsized from its current projected construction costs of $27 million to get this going now...in any case, coach martin & me are done with the schematics & architectural plans, shovels need to be in the ground as the next step...the time of talking is ******* over, elite 5 star recruits wanna work on their nba development skills in a dedicated practice facility...period

2). arizona utilizes charter flights for all of its games away from tucson...our team usually flys on commercial flights which signficantly lengthens the time of road trips for our true student athletes at the #1 public (#3 overall) university in the world & takes away precious time from their studying/classwork obligations...the athletic dept management needs to guarantee that the team flys on charter flights to all future road games

3). the recruiting budget needs to be materially increased particularly with respects to charter flights at times for coach martin & his coaches, our recruiting budget is near the bottom of the pac 12...it's absolutely unacceptable that meb donor money is being inappropriately used for this fundamental expense, meb money is raised with the expectation that it's gonna be used for special program enhancements, not basic operating costs like recruiting

misinformed sources will tell you that we need to lower academic standards for incoming recruits, that's not true...the remarkable (both athletically & academically) cal's go all the way up class (2017) & the current strong recruitment of 2018 superstar jordan brown are proof that cal's worldwide recognized academic reputation is a plus not a minus

the future of the cal basketball program is now in the hands of mike williams, ashwin puri & jeremy wang...are they gonna make the financial commitment/allocation of athletic department resources in taking the necessary steps in enabling coach martin to build a nationally elite basketball program or what?

yeah coach martin & me are a package deal...the cal basketball program is either gonna be supported with an all in manner or we're out

the time is now for everything#:gobears:
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
socaltownie;842820586 said:

Sorry no. For just another reason look at his conduct during Miller's recent grandstanding during the Pac-12 tournament. Josh is there yucking it up like a sophmore at a kegger. The other coaches, older and wiser, are embarassed for Arizona and Miller for such a bush league stunt.

Tireless working 15 hours a day is pretty much par for the course in the brutally competitve global economy. Let him go coach at UCSB and prove that he can get it done....his work at New Orleans speaks volumes.

I promise to haunt this thread until Jim bans me should he be made head coach.

PS. And honestly Bill, I have come to appreciate your passion for the program but it is just BS that Gates is joining his staff unless you have spoken DIRECTLY to dennis (and Josh). Right now Gates is the number 2 at FSU - suggesting a FAR better pay day (and options) than joining an unproven HC out west in what will be a rebuilding process. You have got to decide - do I want to be a "fan" or do i want to be a "journalist". If the later - then you should at least confirm rumors with a second source or a direct off the record quote. If the former - great - but then don't purport to offer up "news"

Yeah - I am passionate about this one. NOTHING Josh P has done suggests he would be anything other than the worst hire since Kuchen. It might be worse because it is impossible to disentangle Zona's recruiting from Zona


socal, to be honest with you, you are not even a season tix holder & therefore not a stakeholder in the cal head coach basketball decision, being a cal tv basketball fan don't mean ****

joe pasternack is arguably the most energized recruiter on the west coast & he's the best person to get the necessary dedicated practice facility done

socal, don't bother sending me any more private messages requesting inside info, that's not gonna happen (kinda like you actually going to basketball games in berkeley)

and no i don't got to define myself, i'm not a fan, i'm not a journalist, i'm just ******* shocky who don't got a filter in life
socaltownie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842820592 said:

socal, to be honest with you, you are not even a season tix holder & therefore not a stakeholder in the cal head coach basketball decision, being a cal tv basketball fan don't mean ****

joe pasternack is arguably the most energized recruiter on the west coast & he's the best person to get the necessary dedicated practice facility done

and guess what i've spoken DIRECTLY to richard midgley & a key major donor who have confirmed that pasternack's proposed staff would likely included both himself & dennis gates, you really don't know anything re: what dennis wants to do in the future

socal, don't bother sending me any more private messages requesting inside info, that's not gonna happen (kinda like you actually going to basketball games in berkeley)

and not i don't got to define myself, i'm not a fan, i'm not a journalist, i'm just ******* shocky who don't got a filter in life


BS. So a friend heard it from a friend whose be talking around.

You guys are the problem, not the solution. You act like you are some kind of SEC wanna be whales. But then you fail to deliver. You guys are pathetic.
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
socaltownie;842820594 said:

BS. So a friend heard it from a friend whose be talking around.

You guys are the problem, not the solution. You act like you are some kind of SEC wanna be whales. But then you fail to deliver. You guys are pathetic.


says the guy with a 40 inch waist who watches cal basketball on tv
socaltownie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842820597 said:

says the guy with a 40 inch waist who watches cal basketball on tv


HAH. I know whales Shocky. We get practice facilities built on the SDSU campus and we bulldoze the city to get stadiums built in Mission Valley. You talk **** and post pictures and sit court side in pink so we all can see you

#SECwannabe
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
socal, there's a reason losers like you & tom didn't get accepted into cal despite being legacies
socaltownie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842820604 said:

socal, there's a reason losers like you & tom didn't get accepted into cal despite being legacies


Hah. Buddy. Got in. Decided I wanted to date yoGA girls rather than live at home since dorms impacted in early 80s
joe amos yaks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This sounding more like a slow motion one-legged butt kicking competition.

Any news on the coaching front?

And how about current, returning players and recruits?

How about the lad Saar?

Any word from Coach Martin's assistants who are staying on during the interim?

:beer: Go Bears!
UrsaMajor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Guys:

This kind of hissy-fight is not terribly useful. Shocky: if your delusions about high school basketball players reading this thread all the time are accurate, do you actually think this kind of **** is likely to impress them?

Also, having season tickets does not define someone's worth as a human being (and I'm someone who's had season tix longer than you have, Shocky).

Content, not insults, are what are useful.
FrankBear21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I like turtles.
Page 104 of 186
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.