cal's monster class deux

1,376,138 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
socaltownie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
6956bear;842821762 said:

I understand the Jorge incident. But this timeout thing is nothing really. There are lots of backstories between the 2 programs. The T J Leaf recruitment is likely in the mix somewhere. Alford started it Miller finished it. So Joe thought it was a little funny. I do not have a problem frankly. Joe has some advocates in the Cal donor community. Some detractors as well. I look at his potential hiring as what is good for Cal. Not whether I like him personally or not. Musselman can be a little difficult as well. I know I have some things in my past that were not always handled in the best way. Same with most on this board. But our future job opportunities were not publically discussed nor our "character" determined by a couple of video clips. I am sure Cal will do their due diligence on any possible hire.

If they feel Joe is the right fit then I am on board. Competitive sports sometimes boil over the emotions. Both good and bad. A little fire may be a good thing at Cal. Jorge did nothing wrong in that incident with Pasternak, but many coaches and opponents felt that he occasionally took his competitiveness a little to far. Of course few hold Monty accountable for his on court incident with Allen Crabbe. Which in my opinion is far worse than either of the 2 Pasternak incidents (timeout thing is just silly IMO).

The other arizona coaches are embarrassed for Miller. Josh is yucking it up.

But ultimately the deal is this. If Josh gets the center built and flames out after 3 years because New Orleans was not the exception but the rule the program is ahead. If one of the other candidates comes, doesn't get it built, and we muddle along, program is behind. It sucks and I think he is a punk but if you take the long term view (and it sticks DEEPLY in my craw) after a night of sleeping yes.

But that better means the whales are on board. The WORST is if Josh gets hired, no center, flames out and we are back to competing with Wazzu and OSU for who doesn't finish last.

PS. But again, the Whales pushing this best be right. Hard to believe that Josh P. will be graciously let go by Miller or blessed during the tournament. So you have to wait. It also isn't at ALL hard to believe that Miller would cook up some asshole like scheme and then pull the rug out from under Cal like Lucy in 3 weeks after Washington, Indiana, and others have made their hires. We directly compete for them for recruits and at least from all the interviews clear as day Miller still irked about losing Ivan.
TheSouseFamily
Lol @ "too old"

Ages of 1-seed coaches in current NCAA tourney
Roy Williams - 66
Mark Few - 54
Jay Wright - 55
Bill Self - 54

2016 Final Four
Lon Kruger - 63
Jay Wright - 54
Roy Williams - 65
Jim Boeheim - 71

2015 Final Four
Coach K - 68
Bo Ryan - 67
John Calipari - 56
Tom Izzo - 60
GoldenBear1
Don't know who the right coach is, EM sounds like a strong hire. Always safest to go with experience and recent success. But, strongly believe many ways to success, hard work, passion and brains go a long way.

If we hire a younger, unproven head coach like Coach P because he's the right man for the job really hope there is a plan to surround him with assistants like we have done for Wilcox. Institutional Support and facilities plus continued investment in talent are the keys to building success at the highest level.
Cal basketball has consistently been in the middle or the top part of the PAC for over 25 years. Our potential is very high, we are not that far away from breaking through. Need to finally put it all together.
This is an opportunity
Hopeful
joe amos yaks
Hiring Coach Pasternack could mean a surge in business and a boon for Dream Fluff Donuts of Berktown.
Hiring Coach Howland could mean the return of whistling as the genre vernacular of communication.
Hiring Coach Bennett could mean "Waltzing Mathilda" is part of our next endearing musical tradition.
Hiring Coaches Musselman or Shaw could mean running offenses more suited for the NBA.
Hiring Coaches Decuire and Gates could mean sustaining a tradition of excellence and dedication. Go Bears!
UCBerkGrad
Shocky1;842821761 said:

cal's monster class exclusive announcement:

after significant due diligence in speaking with players, former players, coaches at the high school-junior college-college level & nba sources along with donors i strongly believe that joe pasternack is the best qualified candidate to become the next head coach for the california golden bears for the following reasons:

1) academics: of all the finalists pasternack as an assistant coach under ben braun from 2001-2007 is the only candidate along with my man travis decuire & dennis gates who fully gets cal's academics & admissions from a firsthand experience...there would be a steep learning curve (and lots of frustration like coach martin experienced) for guys like shaw, bennett & musselman, academics is the biggest issue facing the next head coach at cal & we need a guy who gets it from day one

2) dedicated practice facility: pasternack with the support of doug goldman is the best candidate to raise the necessary funds for shovels to get in the ground for the absolutely necessary dedicated basketball practice facility, there's no meaningful future for the cal basketball program from a recruiting & player development perspective until this gets done

3) age: pasternack is the ideal age, he turns 40 on april 15th...he has a work ethic reputation like me of 24/7/365...shaw, howland, bennett & musselman are too old

4) staff: multiple former players for pasternack have told me of his intense loyalty to them & that he will try to build a staff with former california golden bears, guys that get berkeley from day one, that's the best play along with retaining wyking jones (who is well regarded by the returning players, cal's go all the way up class (2017), current cal commit trevin knell & the program changing jordan brown)

5) recruiting: of all the finalists, gates & pasternack are clearly the most accomplished recruiters & that's truly the lifeblood of college recruiting...joe has an advantage over dennis with his west coast & international (a pasternack strength that needs to be exploited with cal's worldwide academic reputation) recruiting connections...for reasons i can't get into here, pasternack is the best person to keep together cal's go all the way up class (2017) & keep cal in the game for 2018 superstar jordan brown

pasternack is currently earring $375k working for the donut boy of tuscon (pasternack has also worked under bobby knight) & views cal as a dream job, his wife is roxy's sister, who would love to return to the bay area...cal would not be a stepping stone for pasternack, we could build something special in berkeley

it's kinda funny how when i started this investigative process of evaluating the potential candidates & making phone calls/sending out emails i did not expect this to be my final conclusion (thought it would be travis decuire who i lobbied for in the very 1st cal's monster class post back in the day, td would still be a very good choice) but an open mind (thanks to my yoga/meditation practice) has brought clarity re: the best person to lead the cal basketball program into the future

as the director of recruiting/player development & the most knowledgeable person on planet earth re: the cal basketball program having watched every second of action live in person this season i fully expect mike williams, ashwin puri & the senior cabinet to accept this recommendation & am looking forward to joe pnaternack's formal hiring as the next head basketball coach of the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world next week

life is not linear#

If Pasternack is our best choice, we are fuked.

Even if you forget him assaulting a Cal player (which, for me, puts him in Tosh stratosphere), just look at his coaching record as head coach in New Orleans. Are we really expecting a guy who won 47% games against Sun Belt competition to be the savior of the program?

The short list is very sad. Travis or Randy seems to be the best choices, but we should be able to do better.
DrDanger
UCBerkGrad;842821789 said:

If Pasternack is our best choice, we are fuked.

Even if you forget him assaulting a Cal player (which, for me, puts him in Tosh stratosphere), just looking his coaching record as head coach in New Orleans. Are we really expecting a guy who won 47% games against Sun Belt competition to be the savior of the program?

The short list is very sad. Travis or Randy seems to be the best choices, but we should be able to do better.

Bennett won't get offered (he's not a good fit, regardless of what some here think of his abilities)....Travis has failed at Montana.
Pasternak is not impressive by any standard. He's in a great spot in Tucson, most of which he has nothing to do with.
I don't think any of them end up with the job. Of all the mentioned candidates I'd take Crean, or if they have to go with an assistant, Dennis Gates. Knowing Dennis, he is going to get a job someday, and I think he will do well anywhere he ends up.

I'm betting Williams surprises most here. He knew this was coming, just like he knew about Sonny. And to all of those who think "he screwed up by not firing Sonny back in December", Williams was quietly pushing Dykes out to hopefully a new job in Texas/elsewhere, which he didn't get. Cal would have gotten out of that contract if that had happened, and Williams was hoping that it happened. It didn't, so he had to pull the trigger in January, as he knew Dykes wasn't going to do anything here. Wilcox was in the picture and had already been contacted in late November as a potential replacement. I know that as fact.

So, I am going to wait and see like all of us, but i don't think I'll be surprised by a surprise from Williams. I think the Wilcox hire will turn out to be very good in time. I think Williams has a list with some names people aren't considering as possibilities. Just a hunch.
6956bear
TheSouseFamily;842821774 said:

Lol @ "too old"

Ages of 1-seed coaches in current NCAA tourney
Roy Williams - 66
Mark Few - 54
Jay Wright - 55
Bill Self - 54

2016 Final Four
Lon Kruger - 63
Jay Wright - 54
Roy Williams - 65
Jim Boeheim - 71

2015 Final Four
Coach K - 68
Bo Ryan - 67
John Calipari - 56
Tom Izzo - 60

Of course those coaches are not recent hires. Most are long time HCs at their current school. I don't think Cal wants to intentionally hire an "older" coach. But having a long time successful coach that is a little "older" is a very good thing. How many of those coaches have to beat the bushes for players any more? How many need to try and convince the AAU coaches that their school is a good choice to send their premier players? Their ages tell me more about the success they had building a great program than anything else. Most were "young" coaches when they got their current gigs. There is no magic bullet or age. It is finding that right guy with charisma tell sell recruits and get donors on board for program improvements and the ability to hire a very good staff to support the program via recruiting, teaching and mentoring.

Is anybody on Cal's list of candidates the right guy? I don't know. Maybe. What I do know is Cal would love to have an older coach on a similar list several seasons from now. That would mean they made a great choice for this hire. If you are looking for a program builder you need someone that has experience around a great program. Pasternak and Gates have that in their resumes. Bennett as well but at a smaller program. Howland yes, but let it burn down around him as well. Musselman is an excellent teacher by all accounts, but has moved around a bunch. Not sure he has built anything but a history of short stints in lots of places. Gates has been at FSU during their recent ascension to an upper tier program. He has been responsible for recruiting many of their ace players. Pasternak has been around Arizona and Sean Miller for several seasons now. He is considered an excellent recruiter and has seen how a top program works. Both he and Gates have Cal ties. That is important for this hire IMO. Not the biggest factor necessarily but certainly a factor. Bennett has built a really tremendous program at St Marys. They are good every season, his teams are well coached and fundamentally sound. Can he recruit to Cal? That is my single biggest question about him. Don't know. Might be a risk worth taking.

I would pass on Howland and Lavin. Shaw is interesting. But college sports is much different than the NBA. He would need a couple of good assistants to help recruit and navigate the AAU scene. Theo I love and very much would love to see him involved with the program. Just do not see him as the HC. Not yet anyway. Just my opinion but of the most often listed candidates I think it is most likely that Cal goes for Pasternak or Gates. Musselman is available now and could wow in an interview so cannot be discounted. Bennett a wild card. Not sure he is a fit for recruiting, but is an excellent game coach and teacher.
oskidunker
DrDanger;842821800 said:

Bennett won't get offered (he's not a good fit, regardless of what some here think of his abilities)....Travis has failed at Montana.
Pasternak is not impressive by any standard. He's in a great spot in Tucson, most of which he has nothing to do with.
I don't think any of them end up with the job. Of all the mentioned candidates I'd take Crean, or if they have to go with an assistant, Dennis Gates. Knowing Dennis, he is going to get a job someday, and I think he will do well anywhere he ends up.

I'm betting Williams surprises most here. He knew this was coming, just like he knew about Sonny. And to all of those who think "he screwed up by not firing Sonny back in December", Williams was quietly pushing Dykes out to hopefully a new job in Texas/elsewhere, which he didn't get. Cal would have gotten out of that contract if that had happened, and Williams was hoping that it happened. It didn't, so he had to pull the trigger in January, as he knew Dykes wasn't going to do anything here. Wilcox was in the picture and had already been contacted in late November as a potential replacement. I know that as fact.

So, I am going to wait and see like all of us, but i don't think I'll be surprised by a surprise from Williams. I think the Wilcox hire will turn out to be very good in time. I think Williams has a list with some names people aren't considering as possibilities. Just a hunch.

Exactly right on all counts. I hope you are correct in that Williams finds soneone not on the list
HoopDreams
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=6]get it.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Shocky1
most of the recent misinformed posts on this board re: the head coach opening reflect a lack of knowledge of the unique skills that are gonna be required to build an elite basketball program in berkeley, most fans just wanna a wide open nba style offense coached by a former nba head coach but that's not the solution, we need an absolutely relentless grinder that understands the academic challenges at cal from day one, thinking otherwise is a fool's errand

let's be real here, if mike williams & ashwin puri just wanted to make a sexy splashy hire shocky would be the solution...yeah i've got a tight 31 one inch waist thanks to my dedicated yoga/meditation practice & i've played the world's top 100 golf courses, i'm a real crowd pleaser with them curvy brunette yoga females with flat stomachs

don't be a dumb azz#:rolleyes:
Shocky1
ashwin puri & mike williams did not see this coming (martin considered them along with jeremy wang as "the amateur hour" with their failure to get shovels in the ground for the necessary dedicated practice facility), they were told by the deal maker that both he & roberta love living in the bay area, he lied to everyone including his players (charlie not pleased about that according to several players) until the final moment...his not signing the last contract extension he agreed to last year & his oldest son selecting purdue (over cal where he was wait listed) were my clues that he had one foot out the door & then his recruitment with tracy webster of southern illinois point guard mark smith just confirmed the obvious

DrDanger;842821800 said:

Shocky1
dr d, i do share your take that coach wilcox will turn out to be a very good hire in time, congrats to mike (took big balls to fire the whiny azz dykes in january) & pez (the most underrated employee in the cal athletic department, guy just gets **** done every single day)
mikecohen
DrDanger;842821800 said:

Knowing Dennis (Gates), he is going to get a job someday, and I think he will do well anywhere he ends up.

Somehow, this rings true.
BearGoggles
Shocky1;842821858 said:

ashwin puri & mike williams did not see this coming (martin considered them along with jeremy wang as "the amateur hour" with their failure to get shovels in the ground for the necessary dedicated practice facility), they were told by the deal maker that both he & roberta love living in the bay area, he lied to everyone including his players (charlie not pleased about that according to several players) until the final moment...his not signing the last contract extension he agreed to last year & his oldest son selecting purdue (over cal where he was wait listed) were my clues that he had one foot out the door & then his recruitment with tracy webster of southern illinois point guard mark smith just confirmed the obvious

Did Cuonzo not sign his last extension? Does that mean no buyout?
Shocky1

walked a brisk 18 holes this morning with slim wadie & a highly respected longtime nba executive (he's one of my basketball mentors along with jay john) at whisper rock

after lunch i asked mr nba for feedback re: my post below, he laughed (he asked me if the monster class was written by a 12 year old?...whatever) & told me i failed to include as a criteria the ability to successfuly gameplan against pac 12 opponents...he's absolutely right, i told him we've been consistently outschemed in terms of designed plays resulting in buckets after time outs, 2nd half adjustments & the abject failure to feed ivan rabb in the low post in part due to coach martin & his staff not fully being aware of/inability to exploit the weaknesses of our pac 12 opponents

mr nba also noted that shaw, howland & musselman have character (big egos, not great communicators, not flexible in challenging circumstances) flaws that would not make them good fits/high risk flame outs in berkeley

so the post below is now edited to include game planning against pac 12 opponents

yeah it's always fun to do the hang at the rock

Shocky1;842821761 said:

cal's monster class exclusive announcement:

after significant due diligence in speaking with players, former players, coaches at the high school-junior college-college level & nba sources along with donors i strongly believe that joe pasternack is the best qualified candidate to become the next head coach for the california golden bears for the following reasons:

1) academics: of all the finalists pasternack as an assistant coach under ben braun from 2001-2007 is the only candidate along with my man travis decuire & dennis gates who fully gets cal's academics & admissions from a firsthand experience...there would be a steep learning curve (and lots of frustration like coach martin experienced) for guys like shaw, bennett & musselman, academics is the biggest issue facing the next head coach at cal & we need a guy who gets it from day one

2) dedicated practice facility: pasternack with the support of doug goldman is the best candidate to raise the necessary funds for shovels to get in the ground for the absolutely necessary dedicated basketball practice facility, there's no meaningful future for the cal basketball program from a recruiting & player development perspective until this gets done

3) age: pasternack is the ideal age, he turns 40 on april 15th...he has a work ethic reputation like me of 24/7/365...shaw, howland, bennett & musselman are too old

4) staff: multiple former players for pasternack have told me of his intense loyalty to them & that he will try to build a staff with former california golden bears, guys that get berkeley from day one, that's the best play along with retaining wyking jones (who is well regarded by the returning players, cal's go all the way up class (2017), current cal commit trevin knell & the program changing jordan brown)

5) recruiting: of all the finalists, gates & pasternack are clearly the most accomplished recruiters & that's truly the lifeblood of college recruiting...joe has an advantage over dennis with his west coast & international (a pasternack strength that needs to be exploited with cal's worldwide academic reputation) recruiting connections...for reasons i can't get into here, pasternack is the best person to keep together cal's go all the way up class (2017) & keep cal in the game for 2018 superstar jordan brown

6) game planning against pac 12 opponents: only joe pasternack & travis decuire have had experience in successfuly game planning against all the pac 12 opponents & td hasn't done so in a couple of years...joe knows the pac 12 inside & out, arizona has methodically outschemed pac 12 opponents including cal to successfully exploit opportunities on the floor...when cole welle came into the game in berkeley, sitting directly across from the arizona bench i saw the donut boy of tucson & joe excitedly instruct/direct lauri markkanen to relentlessly attack the basket 3 times in a row which they successfully did...when oregon state's drew eubanks got injured in the pac 12 tournament & rabb was then guarded by a much shorter walk on, coach martin & his staff failed to capitalize on that opportunity & to be honest with you that's just really bad ******* coaching

pasternack is currently earring $375k working for the donut boy of tuscon (pasternack has also worked under bobby knight) & views cal as a dream job, his wife is roxy's sister, who would love to return to the bay area...cal would not be a stepping stone for pasternack, we could build something special in berkeley

it's kinda funny how when i started this investigative process of evaluating the potential candidates & making phone calls/sending out emails i did not expect this to be my final conclusion (thought it would be travis decuire who i lobbied for in the very 1st cal's monster class post back in the day, td would still be a very good choice) but an open mind (thanks to my yoga/meditation practice) has brought clarity re: the best person to lead the cal basketball program into the future

as the director of recruiting/player development & the most knowledgeable person on planet earth re: the cal basketball program having watched every second of action live in person this season i fully expect mike williams, ashwin puri & the senior cabinet to accept this recommendation & am looking forward to joe pnaternack's formal hiring as the next head basketball coach of the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world next week

life is not linear#
Shocky1
CalEnviroLaw;842821869 said:

Pasternak?

You kick Jorge, you kick all of us. Remember, the Sturdy Golden Bear is always watching, he saw that, and he has not forgotten.

that's just outdated unproductive emotional thinking in a time that clarity with a focus is necessary
CalEnviroLaw
socaltownie;842821763 said:

The other arizona coaches are embarrassed for Miller. Josh is yucking it up.

But ultimately the deal is this. If Josh gets the center built and flames out after 3 years because New Orleans was not the exception but the rule the program is ahead. If one of the other candidates comes, doesn't get it built, and we muddle along, program is behind. It sucks and I think he is a punk but if you take the long term view (and it sticks DEEPLY in my craw) after a night of sleeping yes.

But that better means the whales are on board. The WORST is if Josh gets hired, no center, flames out and we are back to competing with Wazzu and OSU for who doesn't finish last.

PS. But again, the Whales pushing this best be right. Hard to believe that Josh P. will be graciously let go by Miller or blessed during the tournament. So you have to wait. It also isn't at ALL hard to believe that Miller would cook up some asshole like scheme and then pull the rug out from under Cal like Lucy in 3 weeks after Washington, Indiana, and others have made their hires. We directly compete for them for recruits and at least from all the interviews clear as day Miller still irked about losing Ivan.

Nope. I think the Jorge incident alone is too much to overcome. A similar incident ended Woody Hayes' coaching career when an opposing player made an interception and ran into the Ohio State sideline. Except that was a punch and the player had a helmet on. Jorge was kicking Arizona's butt, and Pasternack tried to kick him in the nuts. Out of frustration, just like Hayes, except unlike Hayes, he did not connect cleanly. If that is OK now, then I guess times have changed.
oskidunker
What if Pasternak apologized?
UCBerkGrad
CalEnviroLaw;842821875 said:

Nope. I think the Jorge incident alone is too much to overcome.

You better have an amazing resume to justify overlooking assault on a college basketball player, especially considering said basketball player is a beloved Cal player.

Being a Sun Belt reject makes this a no-brainer.
CalEnviroLaw
Shocky1;842821872 said:

that's just outdated unproductive emotional thinking in a time that clarity with a focus is necessary

Well, since that post was from another thread, the reply probably should have been made there.

But I do think it relates to character, an important criteria for hiring a head coach, or at least it should be.
CalEnviroLaw
oskidunker;842821876 said:

You mean 5 years later so that he can land a $2 million per year job? That would look pretty self-serving, no?
Shocky1
oskidunker;842821876 said:

agreed, this is how i'm gonna coach up pasternack for his introductory press conference:

mike williams: blah, blah, blah, blah...the selection committee traveled to uranus and back to find the best possible head coach...blah, blah, blah, blah

joe pastrnack: i'm excited and honored to be here today in berkeley as the new basketball coach at the #1 rated public university in the world

oski (jumps out of the crowd & kicks joe): ahrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

joe pasternack (fall downs & then picks himself up): ok, were even now, can everyone please move forward now?...i'm truly sorry for the jorge incident

laughter from the crowd with nods & smiles from everybody

joe pasternack: ok, with that behind us now, my first act as the head basketball coach is to affirm that shocky will continue to serve as the director of recruiting/player development in addition to his responsibilities with respects to gameday ticket sales and energy at haas pavillon and reducing the cal basketball program's global carbon footprint on planet earth

trust me, this press conference clip will be played a million times plus that evening on espn & then youtube, every potential targeted recruit in north america & its territories will know that joe pasternack is the head coach at cal & that he got a sense of humor...free publicity is the best publicity

shocky got all the solutions (and then some)#:buttkick:
Shocky1
CalEnviroLaw;842821883 said:

Well, since that post was from another thread, the reply probably should have been made there.

But I do think it relates to character, an important criteria for hiring a head coach, or at least it should be.

since you have never talked with joe pasternak, you really don't have a ******* clue re: his character or how he's evolved as a person

btw, i never post on any other threads, cal's monster class is shocky world
Shocky1
shocky likes to talk/refer to himself in the 3rd person
socaltownie
Shocky1;842821891 said:

since you have never talked with joe pasternak, you really don't have a ******* clue re: his character or how he's evolved as a person

Would you like to excuse the actions against ucla? You should note the rest of the staff was embarraged while Josh is yuck ing it up and actually signalling for time out well before miller.
CalEnviroLaw
Shocky1;842821891 said:

You are making too many assumptions, man. And I think you are underestimating the resentment toward this guy.

By the way, I have seen your posts in other threads, and on other boards.
CalEnviroLaw
Shocky1;842821889 said:

agreed, this is how i'm gonna coach up pasternack for his introductory press conference:

mike williams: blah, blah, blah, blah...the selection committee traveled to uranus and back to find the best possible head coach...blah, blah, blah, blah

joe pastrnack: i'm excited and honored to be here today in berkeley as the new basketball coach at the #1 rated public university in the world

oski (jumps out of the crowd & kicks joe): ahrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

joe pasternack (fall downs & then picks himself up): ok, were even now, can everyone please move forward now?...i'm truly sorry for the jorge incident

laughter from the crowd with nods & smiles from everybody

joe pasternack: ok, with that behind us now, my first act as the head basketball coach is to affirm that shocky will continue to serve as the director of recruiting/player development in addition to his responsibilities with respects to gameday ticket sales and energy at haas pavillon and reducing the cal basketball program's global carbon footprint on planet earth

trust me, this press conference clip will be played a million times plus that evening on espn & then youtube, every potential targeted recruit in north america & its territories will know that joe pasternack is the head coach at cal & that he got a sense of humor...free publicity is the best publicity

shocky got all the solutions (and then some)#:buttkick:

That is pretty funny, actually.
oskidunker
Good post,Shocky!😏
Shocky1
CalEnviroLaw;842821885 said:

You mean 5 years later so that he can land a $2 million per year job? That would look pretty self-serving, no?

pasternak is currently making $375k for the donut boy of tucson

i will be instructing mike williams to offer a base salary of $1 million dollars with $400,000 in challenging academic & basketball results incentives with a minimum $1 million dollars buy out that does not get reduced during the course of the contract...there would also be a firm understanding that if cal makes the sweet 16 that the contract gets torn up on the spot with a new starting base salary of $2,000,000

the almost million dollars in savings between the tire kicker & the deal maker would then be utilized to ensure that cal flies charter flights to ALL future road games & a stylish new scarf for jeremy wang so he can spend more time focusing on successfully fundraising the additional dollars for the critically needed dedicated basketball practice facility beyond the current generous lead/naming rights donation by mr goldman on a $15 million dollars (not the currently proposed $27 million dollars tricked out dream palace that's never gonna get built)

yeah i graduated from the haas b-school just like sammy & mingo

just get **** done (now)#
Shocky1
socaltownie;842821894 said:

Would you like to excuse the actions against ucla? You should note the rest of the staff was embarraged while Josh is yuck ing it up and actually signalling for time out well before miller.

pasternack is a ******* competitor that didn't like the tj leaf commitment flip to the bruins & he let the rapist enabler in westwood know that, good for him

you on the other hand are a fake model tv fan that is unwilling to spend a couple of hundred dollars to buy season tixs(s) & support the team financially & with energy on game days, you got no commitment to the cal basketball program, that's your choice but don't pretend your invested in this deal because your not
CalEnviroLaw
Shocky1;842821902 said:

pasternack is a ******* competitor that didn't like the tj leaf commitment flip to the bruins & he let the rapist enabler in westwood know that, good for him

you on the other hand are a fake model tv fan that is unwilling to spend a couple of hundred dollars to buy season tixs(s) & support the team financially & with energy on game days, you got no commitment to the cal basketball program, that's your choice but don't pretend your invested in this deal because your not

Come on, man. We are all on the same team here. Peace. #IdeaExchangeIsGood
Shocky1
CalEnviroLaw;842821906 said:

Come on, man. We are all on the same team here. Peace. #IdeaExchangeIsGood

calenvirolaw, i like socal, i'm just trying to motivate him to buy season tix(s) for next season at haas, that's all

cal basketball is more fun in person, it's kinda like sex

namaste#
oskidunker
It was more fun in person until the performance byMartin in the nit. Quite possibly the worst performance I have ever seen at Hass or Harmon gym.
89Bear
People hung up on some heat of the moment reaction and the time-out are ridiculous!!! You're going to look in another direction for a coach over that??? Please!!! Grow up. What next??? Cancel out on prospective coaches over hair style?
I would be in favor of the hire if he can: bring in top recruits, bring in high character players, bring in guys who can compete in the classroom, etc...if he brings in former Bears to be on his staff??? Awesome! If he realizes the specialness of the number 1 public university in the world??? He's my guy!
89Bear
CalEnviroLaw;842821755 said:

Yes, I am fully aware of the earlier incident as I watched both games live (see the "Arizona Timeout" thread that I started when it happened).

So, if someone acts like an a$$hole, the appropriate reaction is to act like a bigger a$$hole? I don't think so.

Sorry, not good enough. Childish and pathetic, actually. And not a good example for the student-athletes to learn.

If you don't think Phil Jackson, Greg Pop, Coach K etc.. have tweaked an opponent at some point in their careers you have not watched sports much.
First Page Last Page
Page 108 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.