cal's monster class deux

1,376,412 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
ThesePretzels
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842824413 said:

randy "human walking recruiting violation" bennett will thankfully not end up in berkeley, he had lunch with mike montgomery tuesday to talk about the cal job

cheater#

I will accept this character defamation if you agree to always refer to your boy Joe Pasternack as...

Joe "PED recruiter & enabler" Pasternack

dontbeadumbazz# dontbeahypocrite# anyonebutPasternack#
brj1
It seems like Pasternak is the only option and that it is going to happen, bad choice in my opinion. moving on now.
joe amos yaks
brj1;842824482 said:

It seems like Pasternak is the only option and that it is going to happen, bad choice in my opinion. moving on now.

Turner or Gates/Theo+.
Shocky1
graah, you gotta speak up, i can't hear you

Shocky1

someone i don't know that well but have met thru rescue dog adoption awareness/fundraising in arizona just texted me that they just adopted a hyper mutt, they gonna call him "shocky"

guess narcissus & el perro stupido were already taken or something

GRRAAH
Shocky1;842824495 said:

someone i don't know that well but have met thru rescue dog adoption awareness/fundraising in arizona just texted me that they just adopted a hyper mutt, they gonna call him "shocky"

guess narcissus & el perro stupido were already taken or something

Makes you feel better about yourself because you treat dogs well.

Good for you,( and for them (honestly).

Reminds me of Tony Soprano and his Ducks.
mikecohen
TexWoodyGiants;842824457 said:

mikecohen;842824433 said:

This is interesting, because that particular combination (i.e., Pasternack plus one or more of the hero bears [i.e., Shareef, Gates, Theo, etc. - maybe throw-in Justin Labagh and/or Lou Richie] checks off maybe almost all of the boxes I think we need (because Goldman's support would get the practice facility built, Pasternack has shown, in the face of Katrina, to be a spirited, as well as skilled, coach, and the heros (all of whom can recruit), albeit without head coaching experience, have an overwhelming amount of basketball knowledge, PLUS, and especially, the Cal spirit that brings us all to this Board and the understanding of, and appreciation for, the local culture (and the problematic administration) that is necessary to get this program into the promised land.

If you put in almost any other name being considered, rather than Pasternack, then you would have a winner!

Except the inference is that Pasternack is the only one who can get the practice facility built; and the information on the Board, so far (FWIW), is that, other than the very bad moment involving Jorge (and I haven't heard of anything else along that line - keeping in mind also the line of Cal Basketball people, going back pretty far reported here to speak of him favorably), he also gets two or three other boxes checked regarding of which boxes [(1) HC experience, (2) history of recruiting success (including here), and (3) coaching skill (with some controversy about that - the most important fact regarding which, so far as the facts have been reported here, in my mind, is Hurricane Katrina] at least some of the other candidates do not have one or more.
socaltownie
mikecohen;842824503 said:

TexWoodyGiants;842824457 said:

Except the inference is that Pasternack is the only one who can get the practice facility built; and the information on the Board, so far (FWIW), is that, other than the very bad moment involving Jorge (and I haven't heard of anything else along that line - keeping in mind also the line of Cal Basketball people, going back pretty far reported here to speak of him favorably), he also gets two or three other boxes checked regarding of which boxes [(1) HC experience, (2) history of recruiting success (including here), and (3) coaching skill (with some controversy about that - the most important fact regarding which, so far as the facts have been reported here, in my mind, is Hurricane Katrina] at least some of the other candidates do not have one or more.

I am simply pointing out that the ONLY source reporting "Recruiting success" is shocky. Him alone. Unsourced. So FWIW indeed. Some of us have every reason in the world to believe that it is Arizona (or Miller) and and not Joe. Is it because we do yoga? No. It is because zona recruited great before Joe and we suspect, rationally, they will recruit great after.
brj1
joe yaks;842824487 said:

Turner or Gates/Theo+.
man , I hope so, Pastenak is a tire fire waiting for a lighter. Besides all that, it's California Golden, not Goldman, Bears.
Shocky1
GRRAAH;842824502 said:

Makes you feel better about yourself because you treat dogs well.

Good for you,( and for them (honestly).

Reminds me of Tony Soprano and his Ducks.

i don't watch tv shows so I don't get your reference at all but thank you nevertheless
mikecohen
socaltownie;842824506 said:

mikecohen;842824503 said:

I am simply pointing out that the ONLY source reporting "Recruiting success" is shocky. Him alone. Unsourced. So FWIW indeed. Some of us have every reason in the world to believe that it is Arizona (or Miller) and and not Joe. Is it because we do yoga? No. It is because zona recruited great before Joe and we suspect, rationally, they will recruit great after.

Serious Question: Is Shocky the only one who listed the BEARS recruited by and supportive of Pasternak?
mikecohen
brj1;842824507 said:

man , I hope so, Pastenak is a tire fire waiting for a lighter. Besides all that, it's California Golden, not Goldman, Bears.

Another, I hope serious, question: Do you advocate that the donors have no place in the selection process and/or the development of the program?

And yet another question (serious in this case because I truly don't like the kicking incident): Are there facts other than the kicking incident that support the contention that "Pasternack is a tire fire waiting for a lighter"? What I am aware of from posts on this Board are conclusory (i.e., un-sourced) assertions that his personality is in some way grating, and that (in deep contrast to, say, Cuonzo) he has a tendency to go over the top (?against officials?, ?in criticizing players?, I'm not sure); and I want to make clear that I do not automatically discount un-sourced assertions, just because they are un-sourced.
Shocky1
mikecohen;842824512 said:

Serious Question: Is Shocky the only one who listed the BEARS recruited by and supportive of Pasternak?

yeah i got lists nobody else got

HoopDreams
socaltownie

I have not seen it reported anywhere else. Doesn't make it wrong but does make it hinge on shocky's unnammed sources.
TexWoodyGiants
socaltownie;842824521 said:

I have not seen it reported anywhere else. Doesn't make it wrong but does make it hinge on shocky's unnammed sources.

Like Donald's?
socaltownie
Cool. Now lets interview Pasternack and get this circus finished if that is the desire of the powers that be. You could do it tomorrow AM
NVGolfingBear
socaltownie;842824537 said:

Cool. Now lets interview Pasternack and get this circus finished if that is the desire of the powers that be. You could do it tomorrow AM

Send a limo to San Jose and take him up to the Claremont. Interview at 10:00 am. Hired by 5:00...or not.
TexWoodyGiants

"Objection, your Honor, hearsay, an inadmissible out-of-court statement offered for the truth." (untrustworthy, as most of his posts are).
btsktr

I have seen it on another board
TexWoodyGiants
btsktr;842824560 said:

I have seen it on another board

Just wondering, could it have been hearsay?
mikecohen
TexWoodyGiants;842824583 said:

btsktr;842824560 said:

Just wondering, could it have been hearsay?

What on this (or any other) Board is NOT Hearsay?
TexWoodyGiants
mikecohen;842824586 said:

TexWoodyGiants;842824583 said:

What on this (or any other) Board is NOT Hearsay?

There are many exceptions to the hearsay rule.
Shocky1
TexWoodyGiants;842824592 said:

mikecohen;842824586 said:

There are many exceptions to the hearsay rule.

is that why you didn't get to haas this season?
mikecohen
Shocky1;842824594 said:

TexWoodyGiants;842824592 said:

is that why you didn't get to haas this season?

Jesus, Shocky . . . Give it a rest. [from a friend]
Shocky1

*****allonzo "peds are the breakfast of champions" trier (17.1 ppg)-will declare for the nba draft
*****lauri makkaneen (15.8 ppg) will declare for the nba draft
*****rawle alkins (11.1 ppg) 50/50 on declaring for the nba draft
*****dusan ristic (10.7 ppg) could return to serbia/europe to play professionlly with deandre ayton coming to tucson next season for 7 months
*****kadeem allen (9.8 ppg) is a senior
*****kodi simmons (8.8 ppg) has stopped going to classes & will declare for the nba draft

a player's program (without academic ambition)#
HoopDreams
Kent State University basketball teammates Jalen Avery and Jaylin Walker faced Jalen Jenkins of George Mason University, Wofford College's Jaylen Allen and, twice, Jaylen Key of Northern Illinois University.

The name Jalen is on the rise in college sports, particularly basketball. That is because thousands of babies born during the 1990s heyday of Jalen Rose, the "Fab Five" University of Michigan star and NBA player, are reaching adulthood.

This year there are 65 Jalens, Jaylens, Jaylans and other versions of the name on Division I basketball teamsyears ago, there were just four.

Ten players who go by some version of the name Jalen entered the NCAA Tournament last week...The name is nearly nine times as popular in men's college basketball as it is among the general population of college-age American males.

Surprisingly, names of much bigger basketball stars, including Kobe Bryant, LeBron and Shaquille, never approached the same level of popularity. (Six babies born in 2002 were named "Shakobe.")

The first of the next-generation Jalens to enter the National Basketball Association, Jaylen Brown, is a rookie this year for the Boston Celtics.

Shocky1
johtwe1;842824620 said:

Allonzo Trier singlehandedly beat the Xavier Musketeers last night in an amazing demonstration of 1 on 5 basketball down the stretch.

Tapping into his superhuman strength due to his freakishly boney mass above his eyebrows not caused by the PEDs accidentally slipped to him earlier in his career, he was able to bypass the rest of his 5-star Wildcat teammates and move one step closer to becoming the first NCAA individual champion in the history of college basketball. Congrats.

agreed, allonzo trier is a very special basketball player despite his crooked azz shooting that's got a brite future outside of the nba ahead of him in morocco for a year or two & then that arizona degree will probably open up a lot of doors for him after he gets out of that turkish prison on drug related charges a beaten but smarter man who will be ready to work the nite shift at the chipotle on speedway when wildcat homers & fat azzs jason scheer & jason goodman drop by for triple burritos with extra guac, a bag or two of chips & a super sized coke

bear down (a player's program with no academic ambition)#

Shocky1;842752766 said:

the arizona basketball program under the direction of the donut boy of tuscon is appealing to the ncca re: alonzo trier's usage/testing positive for performance enhancement drugs with the story that trier has asthma & that he & the entire university of arizona athletic medical staff didn't know that his meds that open his lungs are actually ncca banned drugs

yeah allonzo trier loves that breakfast of champions, it's got no moral fiber

a player's program (no need to read books & **** like that, no problemo if you rape a teammate's sister, no worries if you got a 2.5 gpa or don't attend a legit high school & we'll look the other way if you wanna load up on peds)#
Shocky1
SFBearz;842824609 said:

Markkanen did not even attempt a shot the last 11 min of the game. Incredible!

when allonzo trier takes over a game, he takes over the game, all the donut boy of tucson needs to do at that point is just watch the magic

2017 ncca individual champion#
socaltownie
So where did Jones rank on the "insiders in the know" charts?
BerkeleyBAT
Louisville coach Rick Pitino on former assistant Wyking Jones getting the Cal job, "Wyking is a hard worker and recruiter and he is more than ready to be a head coach. All three from my (2013) championship team were awesome -- Kevin Keatts (NC State), Wyking Jones (Cal) and Kareem Richardson (UMKC).''
tsubamoto2001
Shocky is alarmingly silent right now.
NYCGOBEARS
tsubamoto2001;842824956 said:

Shocky is alarmingly silent right now.

Good spin takes a minute.
oskidunker
He said if we don't hire the right person then....
NYCGOBEARS
oskidunker;842824962 said:

He said if we don't hire the right person then....

Don't get me excited.
First Page Last Page
Page 115 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.