cal's monster class deux

1,376,223 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big C_Cal;842825458 said:

Early this afternoon, all the cynics got a chance to come on BI and pizz and moan, but now I feel like Cal basketball fans are starting to get behind this.

Time for a renaissance: What if we were all working as one and cheering on our Golden Bears!

that's just human nature, big c, negative people assume negative **** with minimal to no knowledge of the situation & hate people with positive & passionate outlooks that seek the truth

trust me, there's a strong correlation between negative posters on this board (the misinformed "cynics") & losers who don't actually go to cal basketball games in person

the renaissance of cal basketall (will include some familiar faces)#:bluecarrot::bluecarrot::bluecarrot:
Big C
Shocky1;842825472 said:

that's just human nature, big c, negative people assume negative **** with minimal to no knowledge of the situation & hate people with positive & passionate outlooks that seek the truth

trust me, there's a strong correlation between negative posters on this board (the misinformed "cynics") & losers who don't actually go to cal basketball games in person

the renaissance of cal basketall (will include some familiar faces)#:bluecarrot::bluecarrot::bluecarrot:

I'd run out and order season tickets except for... I already have them and am on auto-renew!
Shocky1
Big C_Cal;842825477 said:

I'd run out and order season tickets except for... I already have them and am on auto-renew!

big c, you roll with the best of them, see you next season at haas when cal's go all the way up class (2017) makes it's splashy debut in berkeley

gamedays (that's when bears growl)#
philbert
Shocky1;842825472 said:

I'll guess Gates and/or Theo will join the staff. Hope I'm right.
parentswerebears
philbert;842825489 said:

I'll guess Gates and/or Theo will join the staff. Hope I'm right.

That or Labagh. That would be awesome.
Big C
Shocky1;842825481 said:

big c, you roll with the best of them, see you next season at haas when cal's go all the way up class (2017) makes it's splashy debut in berkeley

gamedays (that's when bears growl)#

Yes, we'll all be there! Glad you're still fired up; you had me worried there for a couple of days.

"Together we toughest team wins!"
parentswerebears
I'd say Shocky can back even more fired up. He must know some awesome dirt about the program... either that or he just needed a break from all of the whining of the last few days (including my own).
BearsObserver
the ultimate insider ...

Shocky1

it's over baby

dinner's over at nobu malibu, time to get the wheels from the valet, ucla's dream season is over falling short of their fans unrealistic expectations with tonite's 86-75 loss to kentucky, the bruins failure to play d finally caught up with them when it mattered most

so what's next?

once in a lifetime point guard lonzo ball is gone, tj leaf is gonna declare for the 2017 nba draft, bryce alford & isaac hamilton are seniors & raw talent true freshman ike anibogu (zero points vs kentucky) has told nba insiders he's gonna declare for the draft too

so what's steve alford gonna do?

is he gonna be the next head coach at indiana & take ucla's top 2017 recruit kris wilkes from north central high school in indianapolis with him?

or does he wait 12 months to get fired in westwood after next season?...the bruins were 15-17 last season & next season without lonzo they could be 15-17 again...alford is fully aware of the unrealistic expectations of the ucla fan base, he knows even a 20+ victory season could get him fired, they still think the bruins should be competing for ncca championships every season like when john wooden was the head coach but more importantly sam gilbert bought & paid for the ucla greats...that era is never gonna happen again & alford knows it

his top recruiter dave grace also knows it, there's a very good chance he'll be the next head coach at uc santa barbara...when i watched jordan brown's 1st game this season at the newark memorial tip off classic, grace was there to keep an eye on jordan along with wyking, coach o'toole (congrats tim) & shocky

yeah ucla could be a burning dumpster next season but that's ok i got standing open tee time invitations at the riv, lacc & bel aire plus the wagyu beef served on a burning rock at nobu malibu is always a tasty & healthy dining delight out on the patio overlooking the pacific ocean

**** times at ridgemont high#
Shocky1
jemarl, congrats on your finishing your high school career tonite as your roosevelt mustangs made glue 54-45 out of the james logan colts at the golden1 center in sacramento in winning the state of california division 1 title

some nite's there a lid on the ******* basketball, that even happens to steph curry sometimes but you still gamely battled for 9 points including a perfect 7 of 7 on free throws

more importantly, how many state championships has your roomie juhwan won?:buttkick:

Shocky1;842780817 said:

juhwan: why do you always gotta wear exactly what i wear?

jemarl: what are you talking about, maybe if you didn't leave all your crap all the floor i could actually find my clothes

juhwan (shaking his head): yeah kinda like the way you find guys on defense after they already scored

jemarl: guess what buddy, shocky thinks you got crooked azz shooting

juhwan: who cares what shocky thinks, he's a dumb azz bitch azz male stripper as far as i'm concerned

roommates (50 year friendship)#:buttkick:
mikecohen
MoragaBear;842825031 said:

Wow, in the era of ridiculous, premature and just plain wrong tweets, being a week ahead of the curve on this was pretty amazing.

Just for fun: It occurred to me that, maybe, he put up the same post for every conceivable candidate. To quote Professor Dayton Allen: "Why Not?"
BearsObserver
don't think so. you can check for yourself, you know.

mikecohen;842825562 said:

Just for fun: It occurred to me that, maybe, he put up the same post for every conceivable candidate. To quote Professor Dayton Allen: "Why Not?"
mikecohen
Shocky1;842825553 said:

it's over baby

dinner's over at nobu malibu, time to get the wheels from the valet, ucla's dream season is over falling short of their fans unrealistic expectations with tonite's 86-75 loss to kentucky, the bruins failure to play d finally caught up with them when it mattered most

so what's next?

once in a lifetime point guard lonzo ball is gone, tj leaf is gonna declare for the 2017 nba draft, bryce alford & isaac hamilton are seniors & raw talent true freshman ike anibogu (zero points vs kentucky) has told nba insiders he's gonna declare for the draft too

so what's steve alford gonna do?

is he gonna be the next head coach at indiana & take ucla's top 2017 recruit kris wilkes from north central high school in indianapolis with him?

or does he wait 12 months to get fired in westwood after next season?...the bruins were 15-17 last season & next season without lonzo they could be 15-17 again...alford is fully aware of the unrealistic expectations of the ucla fan base, he knows even a 20+ victory season could get him fired, they still think the bruins should be competing for ncca championships every season like when john wooden was the head coach but more importantly sam gilbert bought & paid for the ucla greats...that era is never gonna happen again & alford knows it

his top recruiter dave grace also knows it, there's a very good chance he'll be the next head coach at uc santa barbara...when i watched jordan brown's 1st game this season at the newark memorial tip off classic, grace was there to keep an eye on jordan along with wyking, coach o'toole (congrats tim) & shocky

yeah ucla could be a burning dumpster next season but that's ok i got standing open tee time invitations at the riv, lacc & bel aire plus the wagyu beef served on a burning rock at nobu malibu is always a tasty & healthy dining delight out on the patio overlooking the pacific ocean

**** times at ridgemont high#[/QUOTE

Doesn't the second Ball brother come on line for UCLA next season?
stu
mikecohen;842825562 said:

That quote was actually from Eddie Javius, after our win which broke UCLA's streak. It went something like this:
Interviewer: "Why did they call the foul on Reggie Miller?"
Javius: "Because he pushed me."
Interviewer: "Why did he push you?"
Javius: "Because I pushed him."
Interviewer: "Why did you push him?"
Javius: "Why not?"
Shocky1
"i'm ecstatic about the news...coach wyking is great with the players, knows his spots and gives us confidence to go out there without looking over our shoulders"

-charlie moore, cal's starting point guard next season

charlie, glad to hear your looking forward to playing for coach wyking next season, just make sure you remain focused now on finishing strong academically in the classrooms of berkeley & then start building your body up/refining your game this spring & summer particularly the tear drop runner & the lethal entry lob passes to kam, marcus & the king

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including spenzo's neightborhood)#:chainsaw
Shocky1

justice, glad to see you've updated your twitter today with a "go bears" & self description as a "cal commit '21"

yeah us mutts of mixed descent gotta stick together

cal's go all the way up class (2017)#:wave:wave:wave

Shocky1;842804761 said:

justice is a mutt, his dad is black & his moms is samoan...the fact that berkeley along with the san francisco bay area is one of the most diverse places on planet earth is kinda important to fellow mutts ivan rabb, derek king, kameron rooks, nick hamilton, stephen domingo, brandon chauca, koko kurdoghlian, brenden glapion, jason kidd, lou richie & myself

justice, check out the link below with quotes from phoenix suns head coach earl watson (he's black & latino) re: his view that all the trump racism is uniting people & that the next president of the united states of america could be a female of a "mixed race and it's going to be intresting to see who that person is"

us mutts tend to be the least racist people on planet earth, yeah i got my eyes on the next potus in 2020, she's gonna be a curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach...and that's a good thing, someone who could unite the citizens of america, right justice?

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2016/11/12/suns-earl-watson-sees-new-us-unity-after-election/93742980/

real talk (what an incredible opportunity for tomorrow):bravo:bravo:bravo#
mikecohen
Shocky: What about Olivier Sarr? Soemone on this Board said he was going to Wake Forest?
Shocky1
grant, glad to see you changed your twitter self description today to "cal committ"...that's a lot of t's in commit you threw in, i dunno maybe roman could teach you how to spell in english & you could teach roman how to speak australian or something

cal's go all the way up class (2017)#

Shocky1;842815674 said:

what up, grant?

did you know that when the california golden bears went to australia in august of 2015 that your future teammate roman davis said that he was excited to travel down under but that he didn't know how to speak australian?

so the 1st time i meet roman is at a closed practice a couple of days before the team departed to oz & upon being introduced i ask him "what up, roman, how's your learning australian going?"...that didn't go over well, davis gave me the death stare, roman looked like he wanted to knock the **** out of me kinda like the way he disabled t-wall in practice which caused him to miss the ncca tournament, he a bad azz (he starts more fights in practice than anybody)

and then i called out roman for having the worst summer of workouts last summer which earned him a seat next to coach martin...yeah i'm a real crowd pleaser but the cal's monster class is always gonna be an honest conversation, if you just want to read happy **** about at the cal basketball program, this is not that place

but roman knows now i think he has all pac 12 athleticism (which is why not signing ira lee is not the end of the world) as long as he works harder & puts up more shots than anybody not named jemarl baker & trevin knell every single day, 500+ shots every day no days off, crooked azz shooting is a choice not a fate

so i got a table (still need more table sponsorships at 5k & 10k) for the team banquet on april 26th & we get a player at our table, taylor & i are in agreement that we wanna sit by roman...webelieveinroman#

grant, maybe when you arrive in berkeley for summer bridge you could teach roman australian & he could coach you up on kodak black, ok?...there he go, maybe you could psychoanalyze him or something, see what makes him tick

50 year friendships (grant & roman)#:cool::cool:

Shocky1
congrats wyking, the opportunity of a lifetime

http://www.calbears.com/news/2017/3/24/wyking-jones-named-mens-basketball-head-coach.aspx?path=mbball

cali boy staying home#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including inglewood)
Shocky1
juhwan harris dyson aka the spider fly has reaffirmed his commitment to cal with the promotion of coach wyking jones per josh gershon

cal's go all the way up class (2017)#
Shocky1
mikecohen;842825575 said:

Shocky: What about Olivier Sarr? Soemone on this Board said he was going to Wake Forest?

that will be oliver's ultimate decision, does he want to live in a deadly auschwitz cigarette factory little town that has killed millions in the racist south or does he want to want to pursue the haas b-school in the diverse & beautiful san francisco bay area?

but to answer your question, i no longer consider him a cal commit

[video=youtube;PT2_F-1esPk][/video]

50 year decision#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including france)
Shocky1

love yourz (beauty in the struggle)#:bravo:bravo:bravo:bravo:bravo:bravo:bravo:bravo
Vineyardview
Thanks, I guess,

The question remains what's your ETA on the disclosures of names of Wyking's staff?
FrankBear21
Any idea if we are going to keep the S&C coach? I like watching him on the bench and I know his wife works around here.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][FONT=Arial Black]California State Division 1 Champions![/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR="#0000FF"][/COLOR][/SIZE]
Shocky1
joe pasternack reached out to me last nite (we had never talked before) to thank me for my support, he was very gracious over the phone & he told me that "cal is still my dream job"

i told joe i'm thrilled with wyking getting the nod but that i wished he would've at least gotten an in person (he got a telephone interview with the 4 person committee) interview to present his vision...pasternack had strong support from doug goldman & michael milken along with many of his former cal players including ryan anderson but a strong letter of dissent authored by solomon hughes did not help his candidacy

he told me his hypothetical assistant coaches staff would've included richard midgley, theo robertson & a young national recruiter

make no mistake about it, pasternack is absolutely driven to be successful

wished joe nothing but the best in the future, i kinda wanted to ask him to get me an exclusive foto of the donut boy of tucson's secret stash of his heart attack grenades with fuchsia sprinkles hidden in the head coach's office in the bowels of mckale but didn't wanna compromise him with his employer & **** like that

tucson is a dump#
Shocky1
FrankBear21;842825695 said:

Any idea if we are going to keep the S&C coach? I like watching him on the bench and I know his wife works around here.

frank, i'm also very hopeful that coach nicodemus & his wife fallon smith will decide to stay in the bay area...christopher is very well regarded by the players & has built many meaningful relationships with them & also the women's tennis team...fallon is a san jose native (played basketball at ucla back in the day) & is an anchor/reporter for csn bay area covering her beloved oakland raiders, moving again for her would be a major career set back

martin's decision impacted a lot of people, hopefully coach nic will continue his tremendous s&c work in berkeley

http://www.csnbayarea.com/csn-tomboy/boy-my-dad-never-had

Big C
Shocky1;842825711 said:

joe pasternack reached out to me last nite (we had never talked before) to thank me for my support, he was very gracious over the phone & he told me that "cal is still my dream job"

i told joe i'm thrilled with wyking getting the nod but that i wished he would've at least gotten an in person (he got a telephone interview with the 4 person committee) interview to present his vision...pasternack had strong support from doug goldman & michael milken along with many of his former cal players including ryan anderson but a strong letter of dissent authored by solomon hughes did not help his candidacy

he told me his hypothetical assistant coaches staff would've included richard midgley, theo robertson & a young national recruiter

make no mistake about it, pasternack is absolutely driven to be successful

wished joe nothing but the best in the future, i kinda wanted to ask him to get me an exclusive foto of the donut boy of tucson's secret stash of his heart attack grenades with fuchsia sprinkles hidden in the head coach's office in the bowels of mckale but didn't wanna compromise him with his employer & **** like that

tucson is a dump#

Wow, Shocky, THAT was a newsy post.

Michael Milken is involved at Cal these days as a major donor? The Michael Milken?!? I guess I would describe that as "interesting".

Hunch: Richard Midgely is going to get the #3 assistant job, isn't he? (or maybe some "sub-assistant" position)
Shocky1
check out the article below re: the very close brown family, dad dion & moms yolanda love sharing in their son's gameday experiences and his remarkable personal growth (3.5 gpa) & basketball skills (via sweat equity & attention to details working with dad) development

tonite's state of california open division championship game at the nearby golden1 center in sacramento will be an epic battle that will be remembered forever

http://www.thepresstribune.com/article/3/23/17/jordan-brown-has-making-nba-star-his-blood

the university of california, berkeley=the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (and a relatively short drive from roseville on game days):bravo:bravo:bravo

Shocky1;842815377 said:

what up, jordan, did you know that both you & me are momma's boys?

love the clip of you hugging your moms yolanda 1st after knocking down them 2 moneyball free throws...hope we see you & your family in berkeley in the future...yolanda, your bro dion z & dad dion (played at louisiana layafette as well as professionally in the cba & overseas) would love to be part of your game experiences if you decide later this summer to stay home & become a california golden bear

our time on planet earth with our loved ones is limited, follow your heart

https://twitter.com/stevenjwilson11?lang=en

love yourz (beauty in the struggle)#
BearsObserver
Danny Manning of Wake Forest will be an assistant coach at the FIBA U19 World Cup this summer. This will give him the opportunity to see Sarr in person. Sarr may well be on the France U19 team. The NLI signing period ends in mid-May which means Sarr would have signed by the time the tournament starts.
brawlinho
Seems like with the hire we have kept most of the recruits in the fold. Are there any new recruits that we have a shot out now, and did not previously, because of the change?
Shocky1
Big C_Cal;842825742 said:

Wow, Shocky, THAT was a newsy post.

Michael Milken is involved at Cal these days as a major donor? The Michael Milken?!? I guess I would describe that as "interesting".

Hunch: Richard Midgely is going to get the #3 assistant job, isn't he? (or maybe some "sub-assistant" position)

michael milken's net worth is $3.6 billion, he is a relatively untapped donor for the athletic department development office & could fund a new dedicated basketball practice facility with interest from his piggybank in the kitchen

big c, the 3 assistant coaches are gonna be a well conceived synergy of former collegiate head coaching, cal basketball playing & invaluable prep school recruiting connections with a splash of the nba along with coach wyking's hollywood oscar nite skills

this **** is getting live

the magic of cal basketball (do you your season tix(s) for next season?)#
dgong
Shocky1;842825754 said:

michael milken's net worth is $3.6 billion, he is a relatively untapped donor for the athletic department development office & could fund a new dedicated basketball practice facility with interest from his piggybank in the kitchen

big c, the 3 assistant coaches are gonna be a well conceived synergy of former collegiate head coaching, cal basketball playing & invaluable prep school recruiting connections with a splash of the nba along with coach wyking's hollywood oscar nite skills

this **** is getting live

the magic of cal basketball (do you your season tix(s) for next season?)#

I have met Michael Milken on several occasions attending the annual Milken conference at the Beverly-Wishire. Donor relations need to get their A team on Mike. He did smile at my "Go Bears".
wifeisafurd
brawlinho;842825752 said:

Seems like with the hire we have kept most of the recruits in the fold. Are there any new recruits that we have a shot out now, and did not previously, because of the change?

2018 will be a critical recruiting season because there is major talent in the Bay Area that is an academic fit for Cal.
Vineyardview
https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.um5UhX8O4zapzafSGLEfNAEsCq&w=300&h=170&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.25&pid=1.7

Washington Huskies SB Nation site is reporting that it looks like Tim OToole will not be joining the new Husky coaching staff and will remain at Cal due to the hiring of Wyking Jones as Cal's new head coach.
First Page Last Page
Page 117 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.