cal's monster class deux

1,376,498 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
oskidunker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I thought Moore was very excited when Jones was named the coach.
BearNecessities
UCBerkGrad;842828055 said:

The ONE guy? Seriously? No one else can raise the money needed for a practice facility?

How is that a guy who assaulted a Cal player & hasn't been employed at Cal for 10 years is suddenly the ONE guy who can save the program?

Not buying any of it.

Amen to all of that. Just another piece of fan fiction.
CalEnviroLaw
oskidunker;842828073 said:

I thought Moore was very excited when Jones was named the coach.

Right, and if he is really considering Illinois, he might want to check their PG situation. They have like 3 guys there already.

I can't imagine a better situation for Charlie than Cal next year, at least from a basketball standpoint. He and Marcus will be the focus of the team. What more could you ask for? (basketball-wise, of course)
Econ141
CalEnviroLaw;842828093 said:

Right, and if he is really considering Illinois, he might want to check their PG situation. They have like 3 guys there already.

I can't imagine a better situation for Charlie than Cal next year, at least from a basketball standpoint. He and Marcus will be the focus of the team. What more could you ask for? (basketball-wise, of course)

A practice facility?
CalEnviroLaw
fat_slice;842828105 said:

A practice facility?

Ah yes, of course. He must have thought they would have gotten that done, or at least started by now.
parentswerebears
Being closer to his father who had a stroke earlier this year? Not all life revolves around basketball. I wouldn't blame him or be mad at him. Family first. Basketball is a game. I would love to selfishly see him stay, though. To me, he will always be a Cal guy.
HoopDreams

HoopDreams
Last year Kam had some monster games on the boards, with 7 games with 5 or 6 rebounds, 4 games with 7 rebounds, and 3 games with 12+ rebounds. He scored a game high 11 vs Stanford and 8 pts twice. This year he had 8 games with 6, 7, 8 or 9 rebounds, and scored in double figures in 3 games. We don't win the OT game vs UC Irvine without his 15 points, 8 boards, 1 block, 2 steals and an assist.

A rock in the middle of the top 15 Cal defense, Coach Wyking wants to continue to emphasize tough defense, but want to mix more defenses in rather than a straight man. More Zone favors Kam, as he sometimes had trouble extending to the 3 point line, taking him out of the paint where he does best.

Kam missed the last 7 games of his freshmen year with injury, all his soph year, and almost a third of the games this season. This slowed his strength gains, development and mobility. He played with a heavy brace on his leg when he returned from rehab.

But the two Cal Centers were the most improved players on the team this year. With Wyking and O'Toole's continued development and Kam regaining his strength and endurance, Kam's role on this team will expand.

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Trevin Knell led the North over the South in the Utah All-Stars game, and took home the MVP trophy[/SIZE]

assist from BearBackerinLA
Big C
HoopDreams;842828465 said:

[SIZE=5]Trevin Knell led the North over the South in the Utah All-Stars game, and took home the MVP trophy[/SIZE]

I can see where maybe -- maybe -- a person's faith could be even more important than Cal Basketball, but Trevin should consider postponing his mission for about four years. Hey, that's just me.
BearsObserver
Info and updates on Cal commits have a way of ending up in the Monster thread after I posted it.
HoopDreams
BearBackerinLA;842828481 said:

Info and updates on Cal commits have a way of ending up in the Monster thread after I posted it.

no coincidence. sometimes I learn about something through your posts
in some of the past posts, I've added "assist from BearBackerinLA"
sorry, I didn't do that this time (but I edited my post and added this credit)

In other cases, I've seen the same thing from a different source. You might have posted it before mine in some cases. I also generally find a photo from a different source. For example, the post above had a picture that wasn't from your earlier post

but sorry, you deserve the credit for many of these
Chapman_is_Gone
HoopDreams;842828488 said:

no coincidence. sometimes I learn about something through your posts
in some of the past posts, I've added "assist from BearBackerinLA"
sorry, I didn't do that this time (but I edited my post and added this credit)

In other cases, I've seen the same thing from a different source. You might have posted it before mine in some cases. I also generally find a photo from a different source. For example, the post above had a picture that wasn't from your earlier post

but sorry, you deserve the credit for many of these

Is there a reason you post WBB content on the MBB board, and also enlarge your font size? You are obviously violating two pretty standard message board etiquette rules.
Jeff82
Shocky, you're down there. Is Donut Boy taking much heat from the faithful for losing to Xavier, which went on to got clobbered by Gonzaga? Seemed like his best chance to get to the FF, and they blew it. Not sure if they could have beaten Gonzaga, but I would have loved to see that matchup. Also, if you've heard, who is going to replace the kicker on their bench?
Shocky1
charlie, you always gotta do your homework, right?

the ncca rules re: transferring changed 2 years ago, if you left cal you would have to sit out all of next season at illinois & then play the following season as a sophomore, transfers are no longer allowed to seek immediate eligibility due to hardship reasons

if your goal is to play with your mutts and earn a degree as quickly as possible at the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including chicago) so you can pursue your nba aspirations, berkeley is your best choice

your the man, charlie, let's get focused on the 2017 season:tree

Shocky1;842828053 said:

what up, charlie?

i'm sorry you gotta answer a lot of questions right now (didn't mean to bring the heat on you) but here's the deal:

coach wyking loves you, he's gonna sit down with you & your moms hopefully next week...don't believe half the **** that illinois is telling you as they blatantly tamper with your azz

on a go forward basis, the cal basketball program is gonna be rebranded with you as the lead image, you are the next ivan, jaylen, etc...cal is gonna spenzo a big amount of freestyle to promote you both nationally & the bay area

charlie, you gotta make the best choices in life for you, i just hope you weigh you educational opportunities at the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) in the world (including chicago), a cal degree will ensure that you are minted after your nba/professional basketball days are over...the streets of chicago are littered with former ballers who didn't maximize their educational opportunities & now they are busing tables at lume's pancake house talking to anybody who will listen how they was a superstar before they blew out their knee back in the day, they are victims of their bad decisions

let's do this, charlie, taylor is gonna be pretty upset if you aren't leading your teammates into battle next season, let's set the mood for real

the midwest is ******* cold#:nono::nono::nono::nono:
Shocky1
Chapman_is_Gone;842828542 said:

Is there a reason you post WBB content on the MBB board, and also enlarge your font size? You are obviously violating two pretty standard message board etiquette rules.

chapman, why do you even care about irrelevant **** like that, don't you got anything better to do than read the monster every single day?

self actualization does not include reading the monster 24/7/365#
Chapman_is_Gone
Shocky1;842828634 said:

chapman, why do you even care about irrelevant **** like that, don't you got anything better to do than read the monster every single day?

self actualization does not include reading the monster 24/7/365#

I didn't ask for your opinion. Stay out of my conversations.
mikecohen
Chapman_is_Gone;842828679 said:

I didn't ask for your opinion. Stay out of my conversations.

I'm assuming that C_i_G is fully aware of the slapstick ironic self-contradiction: "Stay out of my conversations that I post in your thread." Reminds me of the Tea Party's famous meme: Keep the government out of my Medicare! and so I ROFL with him
UrsaMajor
Jeff82;842828583 said:

Also, if you've heard, who is going to replace the kicker on their bench?

Shocky. He's through with Cal now that his love interest didn't get the HC job...
Shocky1
UrsaMajor;842828700 said:

Shocky. He's through with Cal now that his love interest didn't get the HC job...

ursa, are you saying cal didn't hire a curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach?

mike williams should resign...seriously

the final four#
NVBear78
Chapman_is_Gone;842828542 said:

And get off my lawn...
Shocky1
NVBear78;842828716 said:

And get off my lawn...

BearsObserver
not able to find any confirmation on the French basketball twitter page referenced in the tweet ...

Shocky1;842813194 said:

olivier has unfollowed on twitter all the central florida coaches including my pal johnny "beep beep" dawkins & the vandy fan board is acknowledging that the commodores have lost out on both sarr & another prospect (tennessee commit)

midnight hotel de paris plan#

Chapman_is_Gone
mikecohen;842828698 said:

I'm assuming that C_i_G is fully aware of the slapstick ironic self-contradiction: "Stay out of my conversations that I post in your thread." Reminds me of the Tea Party's famous meme: Keep the government out of my Medicare! and so I ROFL with him

There are no private threads on Bear Insider.
mikecohen
Chapman_is_Gone;842828723 said:

There are no private threads on Bear Insider.

I am seriously trying, without success, to figure out whether this remark is meant seriously; and I am not ashamed to admit that I am totally flummoxed. So: Hats Off to C_i_G for crafting something as close to a completely ambiguous expression as I have ever experienced.

It's like those ambiguous graphics which, looked at one way is clearly one thing, but looked at from a slightly different angle, is something else entirely different, to the point where it becomes harder and harder to switch between the two things, i.e., to un-see it the way one, for whatever reason, comes to see it.

I know: Process over substance. But Process is important, and sometimes dispositively so.
HoopDreams

Bobodeluxe
Shocky1;842828719 said:

Did the fuchsia shirt go with your ex?
Shocky1
wifeisafurd;842828482 said:

Sarr's lost was not due to coaching.

if the deal maker had stayed in berkeley, toulouse's olivier sarr (a silent commit to cal since his official visit) would be heading to berkeley

this was absolutely & unequivocally due to the coaching change
Shocky1
BearBackerinLA;842828720 said:

not able to find any confirmation on the French basketball twitter page referenced in the tweet ...

olivier sarr flipped his silent commitment from cal to wake forest (will be coached up by danny maning) the day the head coaching announcement was made

i'm still all in with coach wyking but the selection committee did not fully factor the dynamics/nba aspirations of sarr (top 50 us level talent) & jemarl baker (he thinks of himself as potentially a 1 & done prospect)
Shocky1
Bobodeluxe;842828749 said:

Did the fuchsia shirt go with your ex?

i don't got an ex

everybody loves shocky#
tsubamoto2001
Shocky1;842828791 said:

olivier sarr flipped his silent commitment from cal to wake forest (will be coached up by danny maning) the day the head coaching announcement was made

i'm still all in with coach wyking but the selection committee did not fully factor the dynamics/nba aspirations of sarr (top 50 us level talent) & jemarl baker (he thinks of himself as potentially a 1 & done prospect)

Baker couldn't even make 1st Team All-State (Top 10 players in CA voted on by a panel). In comparison, we recently had 2 CA Mr. Basketball's in Crabbe and Rabb, and neither was one-and-done. If he's that delusional about his ability, then I'm glad he's not coming.
CalEnviroLaw
tsubamoto2001;842828795 said:

Baker couldn't even make 1st Team All-State (Top 10 players in CA voted on by a panel). In comparison, we recently had 2 CA Mr. Basketball's in Crabbe and Rabb, and neither was one-and-done. If he's that delusional about his ability, then I'm glad he's not coming.

Agree 100%. That is crazy delusional, if true. Worse than Gary Franklin even...
Shocky1
Cal Geek;842828718 said:

What does Shocky say about this?

what up cal geek, i'll break down the major donors concerns (and future private coalition meeting) tomorrow, it's complicated & centers around mike williams
Shocky1
CalEnviroLaw;842828797 said:

Agree 100%. That is crazy delusional, if true. Worse than Gary Franklin even...

disagree, you want guys with nba aspirations even if they overstate their upsides, former cal recruits tyler dorsey & bennie boatright (and their dads) are gonna declare for the 2017 nba draft...talking to nba scouts they aren't gonna be drafted, next stop will the nba d-league & a $25k salary along with long bus rides

it's a fine line, jemarl is a tremendous shooting talent, as good as anybody in the nation from behind the 3 point line
BearsObserver
someone in NBA thinks Baker is potential lottery pick ...
First Page Last Page
Page 123 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.