cal's monster class deux

1,376,045 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842798551 said:

i've extended an invitation to coach marco harris to host the entire cal basketball traveling party on thurdsay february 9th (the evening after the asu game in tempe) at dominicks steak house in north scottsdale along with taylor (center) & her girlfriend julianna...not sure if that's gonna work with travel logistics & everything, it's just an open invitation

kinda curious to see how many wagyu filets kam & the king could power down

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6152[/ATTACH]

truffle butter#:nono::nono::nono:

harris & martin ignored my dinner offer email, that's the problem when the leader of a dysfunctional organization disrespects/ignores his coaches is that the culture of lousy communication filters down to all levels

anyways taylor (and her girlfriend julianna) & i stood in front of the team bus 30 minutes after the bears victory over the sun devils in tempe on a perfect desert nite & handed out tasty gigi's cupcakes to the players, coaches & staff while visiting with them

on the ride home on the 101 to north scottsdale that nite with the top down & black beetles blaring from the speakers i asked tay who she enjoyed speaking with the most

after reflecting for a moment she said "coach wyking is really nice, he asked me about what classes i'm taking in high school and he seemed really sincere"

my response?

"he got bad hair"...in the rearview mirror i could see julianna smile & just shake her head

shut up, shocky#
Shocky1
the 4th beetle (final assistant coach) got bad hair too

supercuts out of biz#
wifeisafurd
Shocky1;842829722 said:

cal's graduate schools annually select the top students from around the world, they are the brightest of the brightest of the most ambitious college students on planet earth...students from oxford to harvard compete for the limited few acceptance letters

do you really think there's any grad school at cal that's gonna accept a guy with probably a 2.5 gpa at an academically mediocre school?

Some may not be aware of this, but a faculty senate rule is that no one is admitted to a Cal grad school with less than a 3.0.
BearsObserver
humor ...

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]battle tested[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Congrats on winning the Wooden Award[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
New Cal Coach Theo Robertson is an elite shooter, and an all-around baller
don't believe me?
... witness ...

[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=5][video][/video][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Shocky1
wifeisafurd;842830255 said:

Some may not be aware of this, but a faculty senate rule is that no one is admitted to a Cal grad school with less than a 3.0.

wifey, are exceptions ever made for latina curvy brunette yoga females with flat stomachs & a couple of discreet tats?

why not cal?#
Vineyardview
Who can list the names of the bald basketball coaches that would like to be on Cal's basketball coaching staff?

Which of these bald coaching candidates has a resume which includes AAU coaching or management responsibilities and has displayed prep recruiting chops?

Which of these bald super recruiting candidates have a previous association with Wyking Jones Head Coach University of California?

Walla -
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Next year, there is no doubt who will be our backcourt leader

[COLOR="#0000CD"]Charlie Moore[/COLOR] will be unleashed to attack the basket, shoot from all over the court, including from NBA range, and distribute

Last year, Cal was 277th in possessions per game. That's right ... slow.

But next year, Coach Wyking is going play fast with a Louisville scheme. No more dribbling up the court slowly to get into the half court set late in the shot clock.

Yeah, Charlie is going to have the Green light next year[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
no, this is not hoop it up

Big C
Vineyardview;842830325 said:

Who can list the names of the bald basketball coaches that would like to be on Cal's basketball coaching staff?

Which of these bald coaching candidates has a resume which includes AAU coaching or management responsibilities and has displayed prep recruiting chops?

Which of these bald super recruiting candidates have a previous association with Wyking Jones Head Coach University of California?

Walla -

Shocky hinted "bad hair", not "no hair". (The first person that came to mind was Yanni, but that ain't gonna happen.)
Big C
Shocky, as I know you can be a prankster, I googled "moa". You got me!

(For the record, as I hold a teaching credential in this state, I am NOT, nor have I ever been, involved with, interested in, or associated with that "moa" s***! Nor will I ever be. And if Olivia is, she is no longer welcome next to me at Cal basketball games. I mean, sure, I could get a little kinky with her, but, at some point, there is a line beyond which I will not cross.)

Shocky1;842830130 said:

big c, it tells me that your a man of action (moa)

mikecohen
Vineyardview;842830325 said:

Walla -

JJ?
mikecohen
Big C_Cal;842830390 said:

Shocky, as I know you can be a prankster, I googled "moa". You got me!

(For the record, as I hold a teaching credential in this state, I am NOT, nor have I ever been, involved with, interested in, or associated with that "moa" s***! Nor will I ever be. And if Olivia is, she is no longer welcome next to me at Cal basketball games. I mean, sure, I could get a little kinky with her, but, at some point, there is a line beyond which I will not cross.)

Hamlet: The first MOA ----- or was it Alexander the Great
Shocky1
mikecohen;842830440 said:

JJ?

no, he's the 4th black beetle walking across the street like a super nova with bad (no) hair that kinda likes to talk a lot
Shocky1
Shocky1;842830465 said:

no, he's the 4th black beetle walking across the street like a super nova with bad (no) hair that kinda likes to talk a lot

he was a wildcat back in the day
mikecohen
Shocky1;842830477 said:

I'm confused. JJ has a lot of energy, bad (no) hair, kinda likes to talk a lot, and was a wildcat back in the day. But you're saying it's not JJ?
Shocky1
mikecohen;842830484 said:

I'm confused. JJ has a lot of energy, bad (no) hair, kinda likes to talk a lot, and was a wildcat back in the day. But you're saying it's not JJ?

yeah
mikecohen
Shocky1;842830486 said:

yeah

Just to make absolutely sure: You are saying: Yeah, we have no bananas
Shocky1
Shocky1;842830477 said:

east coast wildcat
balky98
Kentucky or Villanova?
BearChemist
Or Northwestern.

I kid, I kid.
Shocky1
balky98;842830501 said:

Kentucky or Villanova?

balky, kentucky isn't the east coast

HoopDreams
Do you want to know what kinda player incoming Cal player Justice Sueing is?
Watch him and his Mater Dei teammates take down #1 Chino Hills and the Ball brothers in OT
Justice makes huge plays at the end of regulation and OT, with blocks, rebounds, and scoring
It's clear he wants the ball in his hands in clutch time

[video=youtube;hgtJqDJma_U][/video]
HoopDreams
Freshman All-American WR [COLOR="#000080"]Demetris Robertson[/COLOR] in his first BigMeet takes second in 100m in Cal win

Shocky1

what up dontae, what do you think of my fellow mutt ricky fowler's lid?...already know what you think of his curvy brunette yoga female girlfriend, are they crashing at your bro's house?

are you putting up 500+ practice shots a day or are you falling in the cali sun like chief noc a homa?...let's do this, dontae, your gonna play 30+ minutes a game next season

Shocky1;842704324 said:

lids are a very tricky fashion proposition & should be avoided in most circumstances

but yeah, the fairway on the 11th hole at augusta national is always a good place to rock your favorite lid after knocking your 2nd shot tight to the far right pin placement

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5714[/ATTACH]
click for larger image

oskidunker
Does Roman Davis have an outside shot? He kind of reminds me of Tremaine Folkes. Seems quick and plays good defense maybe someone has seen him in Practice.

The worry is two of our three incoming recruits dont seem to be shooters.
OneKeg
Shocky1;842830498 said:

east coast wildcat

Kerry Kittles? Assistant at Princeton?
oskidunker
A question for Shocky and maybe Wyking Jones. ONCE In pregame shoot arounds I saw Rooks make 10 threes in a row. He has never felt comfortable or been given the green light. At least he might be able to knock down a few jumpers from the foul line like that guy who plays center for osu.
Vineyardview
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.oa5qN8DdkIaQKDHP8MCeSQDjEs&w=178&h=235&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.25&pid=1.7

Could Kerry Kittles be the east coast guy with "bad (no) hair"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerry_Kittles

Princeton Asst BB Coach,
42 years old
6'5" 179 #
Villanova 1992 - 1996,
1st Rd (8th overall) Draft Pick of NJ Nets NBA,
10 year career 1995 - 2006
Shooting Guard
NBA All-Rookie Second Team (1997)
Consensus first-team All-American (1996)
Consensus second-team All-American (1995)
Big East Player of the Year (1995)
2 First-team All-Big East (1995, 1996)
2 Robert V. Geasey Trophy winner (1995, 1996)
tsubamoto2001
So basically, Cal is likely adding no one to the roster for 2017-18.
6956bear
tsubamoto2001;842830607 said:

So basically, Cal is likely adding no one to the roster for 2017-18.

I am ok with this if they do add a couple of high level D1 transfers that sit out and will be available for 2018-2019. Cal already guys on the roster that are not truly P12 players. Yes they have needs, but are very unlikely to find guys that will help for next year this late in the process. So add a couple of good transfers for the following season and recruit your ass off for the class of 2018. Nobody wants to take a step back, but better to build a superior roster for 2018-2019 than to "reach" for a player now. If they can add a quality grad transfer (unlikely) then fine. I would focus my attention on the transfer group and the top 2018 recruits. Personally I would like to see 2 D1 transfers for 2018-2019 eligibility over a couple of short term reaches unless 1 is a grad transfer.
6956bear
oskidunker;842830593 said:

A question for Shocky and maybe Wyking Jones. ONCE In pregame shoot arounds I saw Rooks make 10 threes in a row. He has never felt comfortable or been given the green light. At least he might be able to knock down a few jumpers from the foul line like that guy who plays center for osu.

My question is why is Rooks practicing shots he will not take ever in a game. IMO he should be shooting FTs and practicing drop steps either way and baby hooks which are all shots he is likely to take in a game.
tsubamoto2001
6956bear;842830612 said:

I am ok with this if they do add a couple of high level D1 transfers that sit out and will be available for 2018-2019. Cal already guys on the roster that are truly P12 players. Yes they have needs, but are very unlikely to find guys that will help for next year this late in the process. So add a couple of good transfers for the following season and recruit your ass off for the class of 2018. Nobody wants to take a step back, but better to build a superior roster for 2018-2019 than to "reach" for a player now. If they can add a quality grad transfer (unlikely) then fine. I would focus my attention on the transfer group and the top 2018 recruits. Personally I would like to see 2 D1 transfers for 2018-2019 eligibility over a couple of short term reaches unless 1 is a grad transfer.

I don't want to "reach" for anybody, not even with the 10th to 13th scholarship spots, which we have in the last couple of years, which is why we're in the situation we're in now.

I don't mind getting sit out transfers as well, but they've got to be guaranteed impact players when they get eligible. Chase Jeter likely fits that bill, but Cal doesn't seem to be the likely destination for him at this point (hopefully that changes). The other known player Cal is going after is Peter Kiss, a SG from Quinnipiac with 3 years left. He's an NYC native and is visiting St. John's and Seton Hall. He doesn't seem likely, as well.
First Page Last Page
Page 129 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.