cal's monster class deux

1,375,707 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
joe yaks;842830868 said:

>"...coach walker will be meeting all california golden bears fans tonite on the bay bridge by the treasure island exit at 4:00 am & will be answering all questions at that time..."<

Even if it rains?
Could we change it to the Buena Vista over Irish coffee?

no, meeting at the buena vista is unacceptable to coach walker, he's gonna be recruiting around the clock so 4:00 am should work just fine plus he already got enough energy without any irish coffee

BearsObserver
I don’t have to have any idea what the coaches are doing or who they are offering (or what kind of offers they made to recruits). Let me remind you this is a discussion/opinion forum. These are my opinions or my wish list of recruits. People post opinions all the time. If I report on who the coaches are actually offering or have interest, that would be news/facts and not opinion. This forum allows both news/facts and opinions to be posted. I have posted both news/facts and opinions, including countless breaking news and exclusive info on football/basketball recruits, hard-to-find full game videos of recruits, unusual tidbits that people may not know otherwise, and exclusive livestream links (including the Aussie game offering the first glimpse of Rabb and Brown playing for Cal). And my suggestions on what recruits we should look at are not that far off from other posters who suggested recruit names our coaches have no interest in, are not recruiting, or do not qualify for admission.

Oh and please do not PM me again. I left here once and will do so again if I lose the passion of sharing Cal related info because of posters like you.

Shocky1;842830808 said:

no, i don't think he would've offered battin if he was our coach

when pasternak called me to thank me for my support of him on the monster he told me the 2018 class would've prioritized jordan brown & that he would've tried to bring brandon williams & miles norris to berkeley...he did not mention battin at any point

the problem with your twitter approach to scouting is that you really don't have any idea of who coaches are actually offering in real life and if they are just offers (an intent to recruit), conditional offers (contingent upon academic standards and/or other players not committing based upon the rankings on the big board) or actionable offers (offers that can be accepted at any time, jordan brown & chase jeter got actionable offers from coach wyking)

the monster is about what's going on in the real world, not trying to put together recruiting lists based upon stats & incomplete information
Big C
Hey, I think I figured out who the new Assistant's gonna be:

(east coast wildcat, bad hair, kinda likes to talk)

Rollie Massimino! I had to google him to see if he was still alive. He is, and still in coaching! Do I win the prize?

Shocky1;842830832 said:

joe, coach walker will be meeting all california golden bears fans tonite on the bay bridge by the treasure island exit at 4:00 am & will be answering all questions at that time...just so you know he's kinda high energy

nickatina#
Alkiadt
BearBackerinLA;842830939 said:

I don't have to have any idea what the coaches are doing or who they are offering (or what kind of offers they made to recruits). Let me remind you this is a discussion/opinion forum. These are my opinions or my wish list of recruits. People post opinions all the time. If I report on who the coaches are actually offering or have interest, that would be news/facts and not opinion. This forum allows both news/facts and opinions to be posted. I have posted both news/facts and opinions, including countless breaking news and exclusive info on football/basketball recruits, hard-to-find full game videos of recruits, unusual tidbits that people may not know otherwise, and exclusive livestream links (including the Aussie game offering the first glimpse of Rabb and Brown playing for Cal). And my suggestions on what recruits we should look at are not that far off from other posters who suggested recruit names our coaches have no interest in, are not recruiting, or do not qualify for admission.

Oh and please do not PM me again. I left here once and will do so again if I lose the passion of sharing Cal related info because of posters like you.

I enjoy all of your info BBLA....
keep it coming. I would advise to continue to post on your thread, and ignore this one. Your stuff is more informative than anything here. That's my opinion
Somebody's just jealous.
6956bear
tsubamoto2001;842830771 said:

Perhaps Wyking has a certain vision for what he wants out of his bigs. Perhaps he doesn't feel Battin fits his style of play. Perhaps he's after other targets. Who knows really.

My guess and it is a guess is that the staff does not feel Battin is what they want from a defensive perspective. At least at this point in time. I think most feel Battin will certainly be fairly widely recruited. Whether he is a good fit for what Jones wants to do or if they have others rated higher I do not know. My feeling is they are trying with Chase Jeter as a transfer and of course Jordan Brown as a 2018 recruit. Both would be considered superior prospects by most if not all analysts and coaches. But that does not mean Battin is a poor player and Cal could still make a play for him if others do not pan out.
CalEnviroLaw
Shocky was right.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/851565660928954370?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2F
parentswerebears
Doug Gottlieb is calling the strangest staff in memory. Don't understand why.
tsubamoto2001
6956bear;842830971 said:

My guess and it is a guess is that the staff does not feel Battin is what they want from a defensive perspective. At least at this point in time. I think most feel Battin will certainly be fairly widely recruited. Whether he is a good fit for what Jones wants to do or if they have others rated higher I do not know. My feeling is they are trying with Chase Jeter as a transfer and of course Jordan Brown as a 2018 recruit. Both would be considered superior prospects by most if not all analysts and coaches. But that does not mean Battin is a poor player and Cal could still make a play for him if others do not pan out.

I think if Monty was still here, he'd definitely be in on a guy like Battin.
BearNecessities
BearBackerinLA;842830939 said:

:rollinglaugh:
tsubamoto2001
parentswerebears;842830983 said:

Doug Gottlieb is calling the strangest staff in memory. Don't understand why.

Walker isn't a West Coast guy. His connections are in Texas, according to Rivals' Eric Bossi. We'll see how it all works out.
parentswerebears
tsubamoto2001;842830992 said:

Walker isn't a West Coast guy. His connections are in Texas, according to Rivals' Eric Bossi. We'll see how it all works out.

It seems like that is a good thing. You want somewhat of a national recruiting footprint.
joe amos yaks
Shocky1;842830902 said:

no, meeting at the buena vista is unacceptable to coach walker, he's gonna be recruiting around the clock so 4:00 am should work just fine plus he already got enough energy without any irish coffee

Free boiled peanuts.
stu
oskidunker;842830893 said:

Then there is John Paul Jones.. My roommate used to say, "Jones is too slow". But thats another sport

Naval engagements?
Shocky1
Big C_Cal;842830962 said:

Hey, I think I figured out who the new Assistant's gonna be:

(east coast wildcat, bad hair, kinda likes to talk)

Rollie Massimino! I had to google him to see if he was still alive. He is, and still in coaching! Do I win the prize?

big c, you don't win the big prize (primarily because you guess is 100% wrong) but i dunno maybe you should probably get a parting gift like sunglasses or something, i'll talk to monster management about that

Shocky1

welcome keith brown, cal's new director of basketball business operations

brown was an assistant coach last season at coppin state & before that worked as a coach on the bench at both nevada & seattle, he will bring instant basketball credibility (unlike a college scholly baseball player) to the staff along with aau connections from his work in both portland & washington dc

keith started his coaching career at inglewood high school & played hoops with coach wyking at st bernard high school (next to lax) back in the day who also got no hair

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including the city of angels)#:bravo
Shocky1
city college of san francisco's zach copeland is firm on his commitment to the illinois state red birds despite recent offers from p5 schools including utah & nebraska

yeah cal grad justin labagh (far left with son in foto) is the winningest head coach (87% winning margin) in the history of college basketball, he's a big fan of theo

Big C
Huh? What? It's not Rollie Massimino?!? Well then, I GIVE UP!!!

(seriously, the staff looks really solid... lots of California -- north and south -- and just enough national/intl. spice... lots of seemingly complimentary talents)

Shocky1;842831055 said:

big c, you don't win the big prize (primarily because you guess is 100% wrong) but i dunno maybe you should probably get a parting gift like sunglasses or something, i'll talk to monster management about that

Shocky1
cal's monster class exclusive (yet another) announcement:

chase jeter is gonna officially visit berkeley in the next week after theo & chris are both on campus, the staff is targeting a potential 2018 devastating front line of chase & jordan brown

cal is the only academically elite school among jeter's finalists (moms kim is a school teacher, she not raising any dumb azzs) that can also guarantee 35+ mpg & a feature role in 2018 after marcus lee graduates with a degree & a potential 1st round selection in the 2018 NBA draft

this **** is getting live:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree

chase jeter's 8 finalists: cal, usc, ucla, utah, sdsu, oregon, arizona & gonzaga

Shocky1;842826654 said:

coach wyking is actively recruiting duke transfer 6'10" 230 lbs chase jeter, he got a 7'1.5 wingspan & a 9'1.25 standing reach

jeter is from bishop gorman high school & played for the las vegas prospects, he is a former top 10 player in the 2015 class (along with ivan rabb & jaylen brown) & a former mcdonalds all american...he sat out part of this season after surgery to fix a herniated disc in his back, jeter would rehab next season & be a 35+ minute starter at the 4 replacing marcus lee in 2018

chase is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.86 gpa in high school with an interest in political science...berkeley would make sense from a playing time perspective as marcus, sam & the king will all be seniors as jeter sits out next season & then he would be an impact starter for the bears in 2018 playing 35+ mpg

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including las vegas)
parentswerebears
Shocky1;842831105 said:

cal's monster class exclusive (yet another) announcement:

chase jeter is gonna officially visit berkeley in the next week after theo & chris are both on campus, the staff is targeting a potential 2018 devastating front line of chase & jordan brown

cal is the only academically elite school among jeter's finalists (moms kim is a school teacher, she not raising any dumb azzs) that can also guarantee 35+ mpg & a feature role in 2018 after marcus lee graduates with a degree & a potential 1st round selection in the 2018 NBA draft

this **** is getting live:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree

chase jeter's 8 finalists: cal, usc, ucla, utah, sdsu, oregon, arizona & gonzaga

This is very good news. This would be a great situation for Jones, Jeter, and Cal. If Jones can bring him in, it shows that Cal can play with the big boys and Jeter gets as many minutes as he wants to show his stuff. If Jones can bring in a couple other big names, it will show that Cal is indeed a destination.
Shocky1
jemarl baker to kentucky, huf told me a week plus ago this was a likely destination, that baker was gonna make a biz decision to trust his nba development in the experienced hands of coach cal...yanni also told me that arizona was a serious option too...for those of you who wanna discount huf, keep in mind that jemarl still talks weekly with him & retweets his stuff

got nothing but best wishes for jemarl, will be interesting to see how this plays out, i never talked **** about marcus lee either back in the day, everybody's got a different vision of the best way to achieve their dreams
TheSouseFamily
parentswerebears;842831107 said:

This is very good news. This would be a great situation for Jones, Jeter, and Cal. If Jones can bring him in, it shows that Cal can play with the big boys and Jeter gets as many minutes as he wants to show his stuff. If Jones can bring in a couple other big names, it will show that Cal is indeed a destination.

I'd be very happy if Chase became a Bear. I saw all his Duke games and he didn't get much PT because he was just very raw early on and growing into his body somewhat. All the tools are there though. He's a good kid who is intelligent and plays with great energy. It seemed like this last season, the light was beginning to come on for him and he was becoming more of a contributor until back issues sidelined him for the rest of the season. Sitting out a season will just add another layer of polish and enable him to become a major contributor in his final two years. Keeping my fingers crossed.
parentswerebears
Kenny Wooten is back on the market too
Jeff82
I predict we develop a regular pipeline of guys transferring from Kentucky after Coach Cal recruits over them.
CalEnviroLaw
TheSouseFamily;842831325 said:

I'd be very happy if Chase became a Bear. I saw all his Duke games and he didn't get much PT because he was just very raw early on and growing into his body somewhat. All the tools are there though. He's a good kid who is intelligent and plays with great energy. It seemed like this last season, the light was beginning to come on for him and he was becoming more of a contributor until back issues sidelined him for the rest of the season. Sitting out a season will just add another layer of polish and enable him to become a major contributor in his final two years. Keeping my fingers crossed.

It would be nice continuity at the 4, Rabb-Lee-Jeter. After years of Monty struggling to recruit bigs. Jones' system would seem to be a good one for Jeter's skills.
CalEnviroLaw
Jeff82;842831332 said:

I predict we develop a regular pipeline of guys transferring from Kentucky after Coach Cal recruits over them.

I like it. Kentucky is Cal's JC of choice.
tsubamoto2001
parentswerebears;842831331 said:

Kenny Wooten is back on the market too

Raw, high upside player. Bouncy. Reminds me of an undeveloped Jordan Bell a bit. He played at Manteca, before spurning Nevada and reclassifying to 2017. Not sure on his academics.
Shocky1
tyler dorsey (and his dad) of the oregon basketball organization will sign with an agent & declare for the 2017 nba draft, earning a degree is never part of the plan in eugene

multiple nba sources have told me he will have trouble ("unskilled passer with streaky shooting skills at best") making any nba roster which will leave him looking for employment at the medford truck stop as a nite shift supervisor until he eventually marries a lot lizard & dies a slow painful death from contagious stds

heart of darkness (the secret sharer)#
graguna
multiple nba sources have told me he will have trouble ("unskilled passer with streaky shooting skills at best") making any nba roster which will leave him looking for employment at the medford truck stop as a nite shift supervisor until he eventually marries a lot lizard & dies a slow painful death from contagious studs

haha
too funny
tsubamoto2001
Shocky1;842831380 said:

tyler dorsey (and his dad) of the oregon basketball organization will sign with an agent & declare for the 2017 nba draft, earning a degree is never part of the plan in eugene

multiple nba sources have told me he will have trouble ("unskilled passer with streaky shooting skills at best") making any nba roster which will leave him looking for employment at the medford truck stop as a nite shift supervisor until he eventually marries a lot lizard & dies a slow painful death from contagious stds

heart of darkness (the secret sharer)#

Eh, he'll play in Greece if the NBA doesn't work out and likely make 6 figures there.
Shocky1
tsubamoto2001;842831386 said:

Eh, he'll play in Greece if the NBA doesn't work out and likely make 6 figures there.

yeah that's what the runners & agents tell the uneducated & misinformed, it's all gonna be great (until your working at the medford truck stop wondering what the **** went wrong in your life)...did you know that many foreign leagues only allow 2 americans per team & that the competition for them is pretty fierce (most americans only last a season or two)?...it's the details of reality that **** everything up

fake dreams#ork:
petalumabear
Shocky1;842831394 said:

yeah that's what the runners & agents tell the uneducated & misinformed, it's all gonna be great (until your working at the medford truck stop wondering what the **** went wrong in your life)...did you know that many foreign leagues only allow 2 americans per team & that the competition for them is pretty fierce (most americans only last a season or two)?...it's the details of reality that **** everything up

fake dreams#ork:

You are nothing if not consistent. Cal actively and aggressively recruited Tyler Dorsey. Your immature and asinine trashing of kids who choose to play hoops elsewhere ( and everyone except perhaps you knows that he would have left Cal had he experienced similar on court results here as he did in Eugene) is embarrassing and uncalled for. Cal has its own limitations and has to compete against fellow PXII universities in spite of them. Your Brilliant call that Pasternuts was going to get the Cal job perfectly demonstrates your "connections" and inside knowledge. Your chastising BBINLA that his Twitter Recruiting isn't at the level of yours is embarrassing. Did you grow up constantly needing attention? Sure seems like it based on how you treat fellow Cal fans/alums.

Take stock of your behavior and actions. It's not too late for you to stop acting like a horses backside toward student athletes and fellow Cal fans/alums. If this is how you act around your daughters, I certainly hope that they have a better role model in their mother.
mikecohen
petalumabear;842831402 said:

You are nothing if not consistent. Cal actively and aggressively recruited Tyler Dorsey. Your immature and asinine trashing of kids who choose to play hoops elsewhere ( and everyone except perhaps you knows that he would have left Cal had he experienced similar on court results here as he did in Eugene) is embarrassing and uncalled for. Cal has its own limitations and has to compete against fellow PXII universities in spite of them. Your Brilliant call that Pasternuts was going to get the Cal job perfectly demonstrates your "connections" and inside knowledge. Your chastising BBINLA that his Twitter Recruiting isn't at the level of yours is embarrassing. Did you grow up constantly needing attention? Sure seems like it based on how you treat fellow Cal fans/alums.

Take stock of your behavior and actions. It's not too late for you to stop acting like a horses backside toward student athletes and fellow Cal fans/alums. If this is how you act around your daughters, I certainly hope that they have a better role model in their mother.

Shocky: Don't take the bait; it's not necessary
petalumabear
mikecohen;842831403 said:

Shocky: Don't take the bait; it's not necessary

And please take your fanboys with you when you leave. We'll all be better off without them too.
tsubamoto2001
Shocky1;842831394 said:

fake dreams#ork:

Dorsey has dual-citizenship as a Greek-American.
SFBearz
petalumabear;842831406 said:

And please take your fanboys with you when you leave. We'll all be better off without them too.

Amen
First Page Last Page
Page 132 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.