cal's monster class deux

1,375,640 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
SRBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You keep forgetting some random yoga chick.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Trevin Knell at Adidas Uprising[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;t4Nw8u6K4pY][/video]

Shocky1

pro golfer mutt of mixed descent ricky fowler is doing the hang with his new girlfriend former cal pole vaulter allison stokke

yeah cali is the home of the curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including the pga tour):bluecarrot::newnana:
SBGold
SFBearz;842835059 said:

Don't apologize, you should respond to that on here.

It was time for him to step out of this thread, he damaged his own character in a major way that is hard to understand
socaltownie
SBGold;842835100 said:

It was time for him to step out of this thread, he damaged his own character in a major way that is hard to understand

Shocky is the one that grabbed posts from HIS thread and then quoted them to take a pot shot. Then, when re-called out, shocky tells him to stop reading the Monster Thread.

Honestly the trolling at this point is ridiculous and I am really sad that MB isn't dealing with it. DrunkOski got banned for FAR less. At this point I am generally sick of ALL of the stuff which seems at the level of 15 year olds.
SRBear
Absolutely correct.
Big C
SBGold;842835100 said:

My material almost seems to write itself lately!

Signed,
Bill Maher
HoopDreams
[SIZE=4][COLOR="#000080"]Kam Rooks[/COLOR] can be a bigger part of the Cal team this year as a senior, and stronger, healthier player.

On defense there is often a need for a defender that can't be moved out of the block, and his rebounding has vastly improved.
On offense, he can establish deep position and then finish off his defender with a hook.[/SIZE]

#staytruetoyourschool
Shocky1
jacob is taking classes & participated in this afternoon's practice at the gold gym along with fellow walk on guards nick, koko & derek

told me he's gonna apply to the haas biz school just like mingo, sammy & me

Shocky1;842832948 said:

welcome walk on 6' guard jacob orender, a transfer from the lafayette leopards

http://www.goleopards.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/jacob_orender_966931.html

his moms donna is the former commissioner of the wnba

jacob is not a dumb azz, he got a 4.6 gpa at fletcher high school (jacksonville beach, florida) & likes them curvy brunette yoga females with flat stomachs too...orender is gonna challenge my boy nick "lil yachty" hamilton as the smartest bear of them all

clothes are for losers#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world:gobears:
Shocky1
hoop, not optimistic re: kam returning this season...he's gonna sit down with his moms after the season & make a decision at that time "that's in his best interests"

rooks is a remarkable young man who has battled adversity, looked more mobile in practice

krusty crab with kristy#
Shocky1
taylor & i said our goodbyes to charlie in an empty gold gym after practice when he started his private workout, he told us "you guys are fun" when we hugged:cry:

charlie told me he'll likely end up at either illinois or kansas

Shocky1;842827994 said:

another exclusive cal's monster class announcement:

charlie, i understand your reasons (multiple) for requesting your intent to transfer

yeah the misinformed journalists will offer their dumb azz news reports after they read this or eventually get the official press announcement but now is the not the time to discuss the specifics

gonna miss seeing you in berkeley, charlie
tsubamoto2001
Shocky1;842835192 said:

hoop, not optimistic re: kam returning this season...he's gonna sit down with his moms after the season & make a decision at that time "that's in his best interests"

rooks is a remarkable young man who has battled adversity, looked more mobile in practice

krusty crab with kristy#

Not a surprise if he leaves. He'll likely play less minutes in Wyking's more uptempo scheme. Also, Marcus Lee played most of his minutes at UK at the 5 spot. Good luck to him if he chooses to grad transfer.
parentswerebears
Are we even going to have enough players next year? Wow.
Shocky1
cal's new strength & conditioning coach is jordan jackson, formerly the #2 guy for the ucla basketball program, today is his 1st official day on the job

jackson told me he's gonna prepare guys for coach wyking's high octane style of play, he's a former marine who served several tours in the middle east & earned his degree at cal state earthquake...his wife is a ucla grad in the it field

in speaking with jordan it's clear he's a home run hire, he is instantly likable with contagious energy, guys are gonna love working with jj:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree

Shocky1;842832432 said:

coach wyking got his new s&c coach identified & almost ready to be publicly announced, he's a young high energy guy with with the right credentials (he's worked with minted nba guys) with a so cal background

off to the races (tell me when it's time to spin)#
Shocky1
parentswerebears;842835198 said:

Are we even going to have enough players next year? Wow.

yes, the staff is working right now to build the roster
Shocky1
Shocky1
the 2017 schedule will include a home game with st marys, a road game at san diego state & potentially 3 tough neutral floor games in the maui invitational

mikecohen
Shocky1;842835192 said:

krusty crab with kristy#

Mike Cohen being picky about language: Kam's going to sit down with his mother after the season to determine whether he will return this season. I'm sure you meant to say something along the lines of that this communication will take place some time before next season; but it's the kind of language confusion that sticks in my poor brain.
Shocky1

coach wyking compared grant anticevich to david kravish, a 6'9" guy with a very high iq that understands the game, that can shoot the basketball & also pass the ball to teammates...grant is gonna need to get busy in the weight room with s&c coach jordan jackson when he arrives in berkeley for cal's summer bridge

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including new south Wales)

elevate#:woohoo:woohoo
Shocky1
bbla, glad we could communicate via private messages

namaste#

BearBackerinLA;842835218 said:

My apology to those of you who had to read thru the exchanges on the other thread last night. I was a little too passionate in defending my statement. Happy to report it's all good and we are moving on.
mikecohen
Shocky1;842835217 said:

coach wyking compared grant anticevich to david kravish, a 6'9" guy with a very high iq that understands the game, that can shoot the basketball & also pass the ball to teammates...grant is gonna need to get busy in the weight room with s&c coach jordan jackson when he arrives in berkeley for cal's summer bridge

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including new south Wales)

What strikes me is the extraordinary difference in the situations into which Kravish and Anticevich enter. Kravish was a fast-developing kid who Monty more-or-less lucked into because David's development was too late for most of the other recruiters. But, at the same time, he was still physically very under-developed when he arrived here; and his BBall IQ was more extraordinary instinctive than particularly developed; and then, because Monty was desperate for big men, David was forced to play way out of position essentially all the time he was here (in addition to having to try the impossible task of having to replace Jabari's offensive production when Jabari got injured). Grant is not going to be burdened by any of that; and will consequently be able to develop in a more organic way, because there will be players in natural positions for whom he will not have to be substituted -- which says an awful lot about the development of this program (and what looks to be a sea change in all-out recruiting that the current staff is doing that could well be capable of finding the guys who fit here and can compete at the highest level, a change certainly from Monty's recruiting, and maybe even from Cuonzo's). On the other hand, one imagines that the unfair burdens that David had to endure here probably helped form an exemplary character that one imagines will serve David well in dealing with life's inevitable adversities.
Shocky1

marcus lee looks physically great although he didn't practice today because of a recent near concussion

marcus told me he's currently 222+ lbs & hopes to play next season in the mid 230s, nba scouts will elevate his nba draft evaluations if the uber athletic 6'10" 4 with off the charts athleticism (coach wyking says he's the most physically gifted big man he's ever coached) if he can showcase a couple of back to the basket finishing moves next season & knock down free throws, nobody questions his lottery pick level boarding & shot blocking skills

asked marcus why he told me prior to the nit game that his goal was to play at 226 lbs next season, he told me he feels like he's gonna be able to more readily put on good weight without losing any of his unreal explosiveness

lee told me his moms sheri & bro bryan went to all the home games at haas this season & that they can't wait for november to finally roll around

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including antioch)
Shocky1
several of cal's largest (including the university's academic component) donors not in attendance today for the senior recognition lunch

califortunate;842835254 said:

Jones may turn out to be an inspired choice.
There are zero guarantees of success in hiring a hoops HC regardless of backgrounds.

But he was Martin's 3rd assistant; there were 2 guys ahead of me in the Cal pecking order.
And, it is undeniable that he wouldn't have sniffed an interview for, much less secured a HC slot, at ANY Power 5 school.

In that respect, he is exactly like the disconnected and discourteous Athletic Director.
Who has neither the experience/expertise/contacts/insight nor personality/presentation skills or communication abilities that anyone w a triple digit IQ would want in that role.

Cal fans/alums/donors deserve much better than having someone so smug and inept as Williams as AD.
The hope of many is that he will resign and soon...
caltagjohnson
Here are my predictions which nobody will agree with:

1. Jones will turn out to be a good coach. I was probably the only guy who said this from the beginning.
2. We will get at least 2 more recruits. They may be guys nobody has considered.
3. We will have a decent season. Top half of the Pac12. 20+ wins
4. Lee will be all Pac 12. The combination of Lee and King will be as good as any in the league.
5. Dyson and Sueing will both start and Dyson will be a candidate for freshman of the year.
6. Chauca will not be the starting PG. If we don't recruit a PG, the job will fall to Coleman. As a combo guard Coleman will see a lot of minutes at both the 1 and 2. He may have a breakout year.
7. Anticevich will be the first man off the bench.
socaltownie
caltagjohnson;842835287 said:

1. Jones will turn out to be a good coach. I was probably the only guy who said this from the beginning.
2. We will get at least 2 more recruits. They may be guys nobody has considered.
4. Lee will be all Pac 12. The combination of Lee and King will be as good as any in the league.
5. Dyson and Sueing will both start and Dyson will be a candidate for freshman of the year.
6. Chauca will not be the starting PG. If we don't recruit a PG, the job will fall to Coleman. As a combo guard Coleman will see a lot of minutes at both the 1 and 2. He may have a breakout year.

http://gph.is/2eky36i
parentswerebears

1. I think you are totally right on this. There is something about him that just feels right. I have been in his camp from day one. And I mean the day they named him interim.
2. Recruiting has been so quiet, I kind of have been expecting something the unexpected on the recruiting trail.
3. I'm not expecting a 20 win season, but I won't turn it down.
4. Marcus Lee is going to be awesome.
5. Dyson and Sueing do look good.
6. PG is a huge question mark. I'm really interested how this will play out.
7. I hope that we get someone who makes Grant second off the bench.

All in all, an awesome assessment.
NVBear78
Shocky1;842835204 said:

Shocky, who is this?
parentswerebears
Shocky1;842835203 said:

yes, the staff is working right now to build the roster

Are they working miracles?
Shocky1
NVBear78;842835295 said:

Shocky, who is this?

jordan jackson, the new s&c coach with fantastic interpersonal communication skills
Shocky1
the wolf of wall street told me he's got a finance job in san francisco (offices in the newly trendy presidio) working for a a major cal basketball donor, that he's trying to get the rest of his family to relocate from toronto to the bay area & that he's gonna play hoops for the olympic club...and yeah he's gonna be my guest on the floor at haas next season too

Shocky1;842806910 said:

http://nypost.com/2013/12/27/mullins-family-that-hoops-together-stays-together/

one of the fun factors of watching every second of cal basketball in person like my idols jay john & todd mckim is that you get to meet the friendly families of our true student athletes

met grant mullins moms theresa & sister melissa in maui (they approached me at bloch arena & told me grant started shooting better when i named him the wolf of wall street), his sister missy (she drove down from victoria bc with some of her friends) in corvallis & his girlfriend (she grew up in the bay area & that was a factor in his recruitment) at the will call line at haas pavillon (the wolf failed to put her & his potential future in laws on the guest list, i took care of that problem but not nobody on the team should ever take any relationship advice from this columbia grad)

the wolf of wall street got a great support system around him but when he's on the court there is no mercy, he's a cold blooded capitalist with his disruptive kinetically wild waving hands at the top of the bears zone d & ruthless draining of moneyballs with a pure ice in his veins shooting stroke

warning: do not **** with the wolf of wall street
south bender
Shocky1;842835217 said:

I loved Kravish, but hope the new kid knows how to face the basket/put the ball on the floor, and drive. To my knowledge, David never did that in his four years.
Shocky1

roger moute a bidias told me a couple of things about my support of him thru the years that truly touched my heart & almost put a tear in my eyes...rmd is gonna graduate from the #1 public university in the world & is currently writing a 30+ page thesis, if you think that happens at oregon or arizona you a dumb azz...then he's gonna pursue his professional basketball opportunities, can't wait to follow his relentless pursuit of his dreams

sammy singer is gonna graduate from the haas biz school next month & then move back to miami...he would like to play professionally in israel or overseas before commencing his business career...we laughed about his forever game winning epic moneyball in seattle, singer was one of the monster's class first recruits & i will never forget this guy

stephen domingo is also gonna graduate from the haas b-school with his lifetime friend singer...mingo is gonna pursue his professional basketball opportunities before most likely returning to the bay area to start his business career...a very articulate guy that's been raised with a lot of diligence by his parents, his future is unlimited

the wolf of wall street promised me he's gonna try to start playing a little bit of golf

jabari bird was busy today with nba related activities but the former boy from richmond is gonna graduate from berkeley as a man ...he's signed with an agent & will hopefully impress enough during individual workouts & the combine to hear his name called at the 2017 nba draft

love all of these monsters, mean that from the bottom of my heart

the black beetles (50 years friendship)#:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave
UrsaMajor
Shocky1;842835303 said:

..he would like to play professionally in israel or overseas before commencing his business career.../QUOTE]

Shocky? Did you go to Arizona or Kentucky, or some other academically inferior school? Israel (spelled with a capital "I" btw) IS overseas...
roqmoq

Even if only half of these predictions come true or close, be sure to remind us next season. I'm with you in hoping and will keep the faith. GO BEARS!
Mama Bear
Agree Shocky. Sat next to Jordan Jackson at lunch--literally his first day at Cal, arriving yesterday from LA. Looking forward to seeing his strength and conditioning program. Nice addition to the staff.

Pleased to meet your lovely daughter--think she's a chip off the old block, and I mean that as a compliment. Nothing beats a sports relationship with dad.
First Page Last Page
Page 139 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.