cal's monster class deux

1,376,209 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jaylen, you're gonna live all your dreams (attending cal & getting drafted #3 overall in the 2016 nba draft is a good start), good luck in tomorrow's nba semifinals game #7 repping the boston celtics, let's do this baby

already miss your music shout outs

yeah both you & young ivee used to read the monster when you both were in high school back in the day

https://soundcloud.com/the-tribe-akashic/keep-me-company-feat-master-wendu-tae-haru

don't forget the yoga mat (and your promises)#

Shocky1;842683147 said:

while carrying on multiple conversations i heard a ""hey" & threw back a quick "what's up?" without really looking to see who it was...taylor told me "dad, be polite, that's jaylen"

so i walked over to jb & we gave each other a hug...he is like all the guys a special person, so thoughtful, & thanked me for my support this season

jaylen told me he's currently working out in los angeles but made the trip specifically back to berkeley for the banquet, he seemed surprised when i told him i really didn't expect to see him there

unlike 99% of the early nba draft entrants that are signed with agents, jaylen is still enrolled in his classes which he will complete this spring...the plan is to resume his studies for his cal degree in 3-5 years

taylor told him how i'm always listening to keep me company (the link above) & he told me that the tribe akashic are his cousins in atlanta & that he helped produce this song...i told him that this song will always remind me of him & his gifts both on & off the court

Shocky1
arizona's rawle alkins is gonna be a dad very soon & is likely gonna stay in the 2017 nba draft even tho he's a late 2nd rounder at best, most likely he'll be undrafted & yet another wildcat drop out in today's fiercely competitive global economy that favors the well educated

young, dumb & broke (a player's program, bear down)#:nono:
Shocky1
chase, this is really a cal vs gonzaga decision, right?

let's be real here, your getting pressure from the bishop gorman & las vegas prospects coaches to pick the zags...that's because of zach collins & coach wyking's failure to communicate enough with them re: former walk on prospect dominic proctor (heading to miami) when he got hired & was working around the clock trying to put together his staff, they are making basketball recommendations not 50 year decision recommendations

the truth is that elite academic universities with worldwide reputations like cal, duke, stanford, harvard & the ivy leagues open unlimited doors for those with high gpas like yourz 3.86...gonzaga isn't gonna do **** once basketball is done with you, that day arrives for everyone who ever played the game, are you gonna be prepared for that day?

your moms kim is an educator, she's emphasized the importance of schoolwork your entire life, she would be proud if you wanna be like jaylen brown, ivan rabb & marcus lee in combining both basketball & your mental development

do you wanna share your collegiate experience with moms & dad?...there are southwest roundtrips available from under $150 from las vegas to oakland, good luck getting to spokane for under $150

chase, both you & me are mutts, berkeley & the fabulously diverse san francisco bay area (ideal weather, have you ever been to freezing azz spokane in the winter?) celebrate multiple cultures, spokane not so much

you got a big decision, chase, wish you nothing but the best

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including las vegas)

love yourz (happy mother's day)#
HoopDreams
proud of you courtney

bearchamp
Shocky,
do you think your audience might be favorably impressed if your messages where in English?
HoopDreams
Ivan Rabb and Jaylen Brown lead the Bears to a 4 seed in the NCAA tournament, before a series of unfortunate events hit the week and day of the tournament.

Ivan Rabb on his chats with Jaylen...

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#000080"]http://www.nba.com/celtics/video/combineinterview/ivanrabb-051117/[/COLOR][/SIZE]

HoopDreams
you earned it mayne

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]what happened the last time a Duke player transferred to Cal?

... a Conference Championship
[/SIZE]

Oakbear
bearchamp;842839501 said:

Shocky,
do you think your audience might be favorably impressed if your messages where in English?

if you are going to question someone's English skills, you ought proofread your post.
Shocky1
bearchamp;842839501 said:

Shocky,

no

where is nowhere? (life is not linear)#
HoopDreams
crazy handles, elite passer, super hops, thief on defense

[video=youtube;pxzXz7_i7xE][/video]

Shocky1

chase, gonzaga got the euro recruiting pipeline flowing better than anybody, the zags staff do a great job of selling the zags overseas

mark few can tell you what he thinks you wanna hear that your gonna be the 4 for him in 2018 but the reality is that if he can get a lottery pick 4 for 2018 he's gonna pursue that opportunity & recruit over you

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (35+ mpg guaranteed):tree:tree:tree:tree
HoopDreams

Shocky1
note to chris walker: please read the post above, my recruits always refer to berkeley as the "number one public university in the world" (not the country)

there's a reason i'm the director of recruiting & player development & not you...that's why your gonna pay for lunch

got it?

don't be a dumb azz#
UCBerkGrad
Shocky1;842839553 said:

note to chris walker: please read the post above, my recruits always refer to berkeley as the "number one public university in the world" (not the country)

there's a reason i'm the director of recruiting & player development & not you...that's why your gonna pay for lunch

got it?

don't be a dumb azz#

your?
Shocky1

sammy, glad to see you learned the importance of one of my most important teaching moments during your 4 years in berkeley, hoop dreams foto shows the presence of 2 curvy brunette yoga females with flat stomachs next to you...what happened to anne?

let's be real here, my life work here at the monster is never done

rollercoaster (let's do this)#:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave:wave

note to the censors: this post is ******* funny & not offensive to anyone isn't already dead, please do not delete
89Bear
Shocky1;842839461 said:

them california golden bears are gonna have a mother's day surprise (or two) next week

left to right, tamarik "the scholar" rabb, tami "moms of the year" rabb & ivan "diamonds are forever" rabb

my favorite dragon in the universe#:bravo

Awesome!! Can't wait to see. Nice work by the staff getting after this!!
Big C
California Golden Bears and Chase Jeter

Viewing it from all angles, it really looks like a perfect fit.

Shocky1;842839548 said:

chase, gonzaga got the euro recruiting pipeline flowing better than anybody, the zags staff do a great job of selling the zags overseas

mark few can tell you what he thinks you wanna hear that your gonna be the 4 for him in 2018 but the reality is that if he can get a lottery pick 4 for 2018 he's gonna pursue that opportunity & recruit over you

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (35+ mpg guaranteed):tree:tree:tree:tree
Jeff82
socaltownie;842839404 said:

What is interesting is that the School of PH now offers an on-line MA. My dad who taught there has long passed away and I don't have any more contacts to explore more fully. The key is that on-line programs are GENERALLY scalable - and if that is the route the grad transfers took it isn't necessarily the case that they "took" a slot from someone.

I think the bigger issue is that the grad transfer rule is an NCAA joke. If a kid wants to transfer, let them. 4 years of scholarship. Whatever they want to do. No sitting out. Think about it - if you transfer from X to Cal no one is making you "sit out a year".

I asked him during the autograph session this season if he found it weird only going to school on-line and he agreed it did seem odd. But it's a legit program, as far as I know. I also agree with you about the grad transfer rule.
Shocky1

the donut boy of tuscon is recruiting chase jeter as "insurance" in case he strikes out with either bol bol or marvin bagley jr...too bad chase comanche & his moms didn't figure that out until it was too late that deandre ayton was gonna make him a benchwarmer

bear down (without academic ambition)#
HoopDreams
Bears in 2017 Maui Invitational tournament

HoopDreams
Congrats Jaylen and the Boston Celtics on getting the win tonight to advance to the East Conference Championship.

Jaylen "what ever it takes" Brown scored 9 points, grabbed 3 rebounds, with 1 steal, and a +/- of +8 in a 10 point win.

Jaylen's play of the game, was grabbing a rebound while sitting on the floor. He learned how to make big plays while sitting on his butt at Cal.

Now that's player development.

HoopDreams
so sad to say goodbye, so I'll just say good luck

[video=youtube;jM4rBPKteZM][/video]

Shocky1
cuzear is a master chess champion

disguise the next move#
south bender
HoopDreams;842839765 said:

Congrats Jaylen and the Boston Celtics on getting the win tonight to advance to the East Conference Championship.

Jaylen "what ever it takes" Brown scored 9 points, grabbed 3 rebounds, with 1 steal, and a +/- of +8 in a 10 point win.

Jaylen's play of the game, was grabbing a rebound while sitting on the floor. He learned how to make big plays while sitting on his butt at Cal.

Now that's player development.

I would add that he played about half the game (19 minutes, 40 seconds), contributing nicely to Boston's win.
Shocky1
south bender;842839772 said:

I would add that he played about half the game (19 minutes, 40 seconds), contributing nicely to Boston's win.

i would add that that curvy brunette yoga female with the weird pink thing in her ear & the soft hands is checking out jb & that he don't seem to mind the attention

grow the **** up, shocky#
Shocky1
i dunno maybe she's a garage shop mechanic & she just like checking under the hood or something
Shocky1
Big C_Cal;842839573 said:

California Golden Bears and Chase Jeter

Viewing it from all angles, it really looks like a perfect fit.

maybe but there's still the issue of the nasty carpet, i've been promised the area is gonna be measured & replaced

details matter#
Shocky1
UCBerkGrad;842839555 said:

your?

proper usage of your

mr spieker: your blocking my view, sit down young man before i have you ejected from this building!

sit down, shocky (not gonna happen, black beetles don't sit on their azzs)#:bluecarrot::bluecarrot::bluecarrot::bluecarrot::bluecarrot:
Shocky1
StillABear;842839823 said:

UCSB just hired John Rillie as AC. Paris Austin tweeted out that Rillie was the reason he went to Boise State. Pasternack has been aggressive. His offer list for 2018 looks like a high major. Whether he can land any is the big question.

UCSB already signed transfer PG Devearl Ramsey, from Nevada by way of powerhouse Sierra Canyon, and Rice grad transfer and three year starter, Marcus Jackson. They may have one more scholarship available.

huf told me he delivered devearl ramsey (eric musselman is abusive to his assistant coaches, he turns over his staff every year) to his friend joe pasternack in addition to advising both jemarl baker (originally his recruit) & olivier sarr (he introduced martin to him) to avoid berkeley...it's possible if pasternack had been hired at cal that both baker & sarr would've remained bears

connecting the dots (speres of influence)#
caltagjohnson
Hufnagel is a certified jerk. I would not put a lot of credence on what he says.
Shocky1
caltagjohnson;842839829 said:

Hufnagel is a certified jerk. I would not put a lot of credence on what he says.

bob, how many times have you conversed with him?...i converse with you on gamedays at haas, does that make you a "certified jerk" too?

95% of his recruiting/transfer predictions are accurate, that's slightly more accurate than ben whose primary source is a buddy in the tix office
socaliganbear
Advising our recruits against coming here does seems like a petty jerk move....that he's accurate on predictions is cool I suppose.
caltagjohnson
Advising recruits against Cal is sour grapes. He got his butt kicked out of here. I don't know what he brings to the table. Guy never played a game of basketball at any meaningful level. Apparently he wore out his welcome at Nevada. I could care less about his predictive ability. I am only interested in who we actually sign and enrolls and plays. Speculation and guesses is a waste of time.
BC Calfan
Shocky1;842839825 said:

huf told me he delivered devearl ramsey (eric musselman is abusive to his assistant coaches, he turns over his staff every year) to his friend joe pasternack in addition to advising both jemarl baker (originally his recruit) & olivier sarr (he introduced martin to him) to avoid berkeley...it's possible if pasternack had been hired at cal that both baker & sarr would've remained bears

As director of cal basketball recruiting and ceo of the monster thread, I find it unusual you would socialize with someone who is actively trying to undermine cal's recruiting efforts. Hope you told him to f*** off.
First Page Last Page
Page 147 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.