cal's monster class deux

1,375,798 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
89Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842839825 said:

huf told me he delivered devearl ramsey (eric musselman is abusive to his assistant coaches, he turns over his staff every year) to his friend joe pasternack in addition to advising both jemarl baker (originally his recruit) & olivier sarr (he introduced martin to him) to avoid berkeley...it's possible if pasternack had been hired at cal that both baker & sarr would've remained bears

connecting the dots (speres of influence)#

Not a good look on the Monster Thread when you keep saying how things would be with a different coach!! Can't see how this would influence recruits to come here...
south bender
89Bear;842839905 said:

Not a good look on the Monster Thread when you keep saying how things would be with a different coach!! Can't see how this would influence recruits to come here...

I agree. However, much of what Shocky writes should be offensive to almost anyone, as he rants about and demeans anyone who has a humble job. There are many other reasons that I won't write about. To make even a partial list would be more than I will take the time to do...

Go Bears!
bluesaxe
Well, **** that guy then.

Shocky1;842839825 said:

huf told me he delivered devearl ramsey (eric musselman is abusive to his assistant coaches, he turns over his staff every year) to his friend joe pasternack in addition to advising both jemarl baker (originally his recruit) & olivier sarr (he introduced martin to him) to avoid berkeley...it's possible if pasternack had been hired at cal that both baker & sarr would've remained bears

connecting the dots (speres of influence)#
bluesaxe
Tell me you didn't learn this crap in a logic course at Cal, please? As for the rest of it, to me he's a jerk if he's steering guys away from Cal because he f'ed up at Cal and is bitter. He did damage here. Screw him.

Shocky1;842839840 said:

bob, how many times have you conversed with him?...i converse with you on gamedays at haas, does that make you a "certified jerk" too?

95% of his recruiting/transfer predictions are accurate, that's slightly more accurate than ben whose primary source is a buddy in the tix office
MoragaBear
Staff
MoragaBear;842839467 said:

Jeter didn't take his trip to UCLA. Will likely be between Cal, Arizona and Gonzaga, which each offer different positives. And the decision should be soon.

Shocky1;842839495 said:

chase, this is really a cal vs gonzaga decision, right?

Or not.

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/basketball/pascoe/arizona-basketball-duke-transfer-chase-jeter-commits-to-wildcats/article_04fe2974-3a96-11e7-8d19-2b58bb184eec.html
socaliganbear
Womp.
Shocky1
BC Calfan;842839860 said:

As director of cal basketball recruiting and ceo of the monster thread, I find it unusual you would socialize with someone who is actively trying to undermine cal's recruiting efforts. Hope you told him to f*** off.

i listen to everybody that is connected with respects to the cal basketball program, taking in different points of views is truly one of the greatest lessons i learned while in berkeley...and yeah huf & i have argued about a couple of things too along the way

one of my greatest passions in life is golf course architecture & the worldwide rankings, listening to others judgment free contributes greatly to my fun & sometimes knowledge basis

failing to communicate (and trust me, this impacted the staff's recruitment of chase jeter with bishop gorman & the las vegas prospects coaches promising it will be a longtime before any of their guys end up in berkeley) is one of life's great missteps along with not having a yoga/meditation practice

live & learn (and don't be an uptight fake model that don't know ****)#
Shocky1
welcome home, paris, sometimes the road in life goes thru ******* idaho, not sure why that's just the way it is

austin and his moms & dad unofficially visited berkeley on monday & went public with their commitment today

when the bears failed to feed ivan the last 2 season, sitting next to his high school coach lou richie i always would ask him if paris could do a better job of getting the ball inside just to watch the always diplomatic richie grimace & shake his head...the truth is that rabb never had much chemistry with any of the cal guards & the staff (they would argue young ivee didn't do a good enough job of posting up with lower body strength to create passing windows) did not scheme to create opportunities for him to impose his will

coming out of bishop o'dowd austin had marginal grades but there's no academic admission issues now after an all academic mountain west team selection as a freshman, paris is ready to deal

let's do this austin, never can have too many montera middle school/dragons at haas, right asha & ivan?

https://vimeo.com/45797764

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including 98th avenue):bravo
OldBlue1999
Shocky1;842840019 said:

bishop gorman & the las vegas prospects coaches promising it will be a longtime before any of their guys end up in berkeley

Good. I hope they made this message crystal clear to the staff. This is nothing new. These guys played Martin big time with Brown, and to a much lesser extent Chuck Jr. Cal will be better off not wasting resources chasing their guys since we've had zero chance with any of them all along.
ccajon
89Bear;842839905 said:

I have this feeling that the BI Admins are giving Shocky just enough rope here to hang himself. Would not be surprised if there's not a trace of this thread, or the OP, by the start of the next hoop season.
Shocky1
south bender;842839907 said:

I agree. However, much of what Shocky writes should be offensive to almost anyone, as he rants about and demeans anyone who has a humble job. There are many other reasons that I won't write about. To make even a partial list would be more than I will take the time to do...

Go Bears!

yet you continue to faithfully read the monster every day, that makes no sense at all

petalumabear
Shocky1;842840142 said:

yet you continue to faithfully read the monster every day, that makes no sense at all

Mirror, mirror on the wall.... who's the most narcissistic of them all?
Shocky1
petalumabear;842840203 said:

Mirror, mirror on the wall.... who's the most narcissistic of them all?

i dunno but i'm gonna guess you think it's me

yeah i'm pretty but i'm loco, shake them haters off my back#:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy
Shocky1

former cal commit alec hickman signs with uc riverside...yeah scotty the bear got glaucoma or some **** like that

myopia hunt is underrated#:rollinglaugh:
Shocky1
welcome 6'5" 185 lbs sharpshooting 2 guard austin mcculough from portage michigan to the california golden bear family...austin, it's never freezing azz cold jacket weather in cali

austin officially visited berkeley with his dad jay yesterday during which he got offered a scholly...coach wyking has been on mccullough since tireless energizer bunny coach o'toole 1st identified him as a pure shooter playing for the greenwood elite aau team...the leading scorer in the history of high school with 45% on 3 pointers during his senior season, the days of bears guards struggling to knock down wide open jumpers & free throws are over

coach wyking & the staff are to be applauded for continuing to focus upon rebuilding the roster with true student athletes...austin is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.97 gpa

austin, no need to pack parkas & **** like that when you arrive for cal's summer bridge start on june 25th

the university of california, berkeley-=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) in the world (including kalamazoo):gobears:
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]bloodlines[/SIZE]

Shocky1
[video=youtube;uFKo4TSFev8][/video]

pure shooting stroke (gotta get stronger)#
HoopDreams
deadly shooter at 55% from the field, 45% from deep, pure shot, quick release, moves well without the ball, crafty with the ball

nice balanced pull up, got the step back, can shoot on the move, can get to the basket and finish to keep defenders honest

good athlete, who needs to get stronger

Shocky1
what up, hoop dreams?

brothers from different mothers#
HoopDreams
89Bear
HoopDreams;842840455 said:

deadly shooter at 55% from the field, 45% from deep, pure shot, quick release, moves well without the ball, crafty with the ball

nice balanced pull up, got the step back, can shoot on the move, can get to the basket and finish to keep defenders honest

Looks athletic with a nice stroke.
bluesaxe
Release doesn't look that quick to me. Definitely a shooter but I have to wonder about getting shots off against Pac-12 defenders.

HoopDreams;842840455 said:

tsubamoto2001
bluesaxe;842840528 said:

Release doesn't look that quick to me. Definitely a shooter but I have to wonder about getting shots off against Pac-12 defenders.

The percentages, while not meaningless, aren't a predictor of college performance. There's too many variables involved to predict based on that.
south bender
bluesaxe;842840528 said:

Well, it is not a slow release. We can assume that he can get quicker with it, as he matures and sees what he is up against in the Pac-12.
89Bear
What I like is that if Lee, and perhaps King, get doubled this guy seems like he can hit the open shot. Bears need that on the roster. Coleman is obviously going to the rim and it seems like JHD will as well. Like that we looked for a shooter.
Shocky1
[video=youtube;2F9u5R7MBOI][/video]

marcus & brandon, where's jaylen?#:hammer:
Shocky1
the staff spoke to ray kosongo to get his transcripts back in the day & then misinformed reports came out with cal on the list...too bad if you believed that a 2.3 gpa guy could get into berkeley

kosongo is a dumb azz+++++, he got denied admissions to oregonork:ork:ork:ork:ork:ork:ork:ork:ork:

parentswerebears;842840484 said:

I know that when he originally was coming out of high school, some of us thought he was coming to Cal. Wow. Poor guy seems like such a mess. I hope he finds his place in this world.
HoopDreams
Shocky1

yeah my niece bailey & me got a lotta energy on gamedays, got a lotta people tryna drain us of our energy

gamedays in berkeley#:bluecarrot::newnana::bluecarrot::newnana::bluecarrot::newnana::bluecarrot::newnana::bluecarrot:
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000FF"][/COLOR][/SIZE]

bluesaxe
I was looking at form, not percentages. Sure, lots of variables but guys who shoot high percentages with good form and from deep tend to have a better chance of shooting well.

tsubamoto2001;842840539 said:

The percentages, while not meaningless, aren't a predictor of college performance. There's too many variables involved to predict based on that.
tsubamoto2001
bluesaxe;842840782 said:

I was looking at form, not percentages. Sure, lots of variables but guys who shoot high percentages with good form and from deep tend to have a better chance of shooting well.

I agree. As an example though, Paris Austin shot 43% from 3 as a senior in HS and under 30% in both his seasons at Boise. Some fans on here and other Cal sites used that as a reason to knock him, but I feel he's bound to improve, as he's got a solid-looking stroke and shot decently from the foul line.
Vineyardview
plus he'll have all next year to practice - sitting out his transfer requirement.
BC Calfan
I really don't get the obsession w quick releases at the college level. Name me a player that was hampered b/c of their "slow release"?
Shocky1
BC Calfan;842840828 said:

I really don't get the obsession w quick releases at the college level. Name me a player that was hampered b/c of their "slow release"?

guys with slow releases like alec hickman (uc riverside signee, winds the shot up with a chest level release point) don't usually end up at p5 programs

theo will do a great job working with the cal guards on their perimeter shooting, he mentored sharpshooter jordan mathews back in the day not only on form but just as importantly the mental mindset of preparing for the shot & knowing when & where on the floor to look for the shot

in theo we trust#:gobears:
First Page Last Page
Page 148 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.