cal's monster class deux

1,376,018 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
tsubamoto2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big C_Cal;842841077 said:

Okay, so that's five bodies to throw out there. To talk about our "depth" at wing, wow, that's really putting a good spin on things. One erratic guy, 2nd year in the program. Four "true" freshmen: A good recruit who might not be much of a shooter. A decent recruit. Two guys we're hoping MIGHT eventually be contributors.

(I get it, you were comparing our depth at wing with our depth in the post.)

And Anticevich looks more like a 4 on the tape that's available.

And agreed, simply having bodies isn't "depth".
mikecohen
caltagjohnson;842841068 said:

King will be around the rim. If someone beats our defense and goes for a layup, he will meet King as the last line of defense. King blocked a lot ot those attempted layups last year.

The idea is for the big that he is guarding to drift out to set a screen for a guard/wing coming across; and force a switch. Then, presto-change-o, King is guarding the guard/wing out on the perimeter. I've seen teams do that over and over and over and over and over and
HoopDreams

puget sound cal fan
Very cool.
Shocky1
what's your gpa?

yeah shocky knows it, welcome paris & austin to berkeley

alan crabbe-3.3 gpa@price ($75,000,000 4 year contract with the portland trail blazers)
justin cobbs-3.39 gpa@bishop montgomery
richard solomon-3.5 gpa@price
jeff powers*-3.6 gpa@delasalle
ricky kreklow*-3.72 gpa@rocky bridge
david kravish*-4.1 gpa@lee's summit north
tyrone wallace*-3.5 gpa@bakersfield (nba development league with the utah jazz)
christian behrens*-3.5 gpa@tahoma
jabari bird*-3.0+gpa@salesian
jordan mathews*-3.55 gpa@santa monica
sam singer*-3.4 gpa@ransom everglades
kameron rooks*-3.5 gpa@mission hills
roger moute a bidias*-3.0+ gpa@notre dame
kingsley okoroh-3.0+ gpa@westwind prep/findlay prep
stephen domingo*-3.4 gpa@st ignatius
brandon chauca-3.85 gpa@shannon forest christian school
cole welle-4.37 gpa@aptos
nick hamilton-4.2 gpa@westchester
brenden glapion*-4.1 gpa@washington
dwight tarwater*-3.9 gpa@webb school
ivan rabb-3.15 gpa@bishop o'dowd
jaylen brown-2.9 gpa@wheeler ($21,404,269 4 year contract with the boston celtics)
nick kerr*-3.9 gpa@torrey pines
roman davis-3.5 gpa@winward
dontae coleman-3.3 gpa@lawson state
grant mullins*-3.31 gpa@columbia (ivy league)
charlie moore-3.06 gpa@morgan park
marcus lee-3.5 gpa@kentucky
juhwan harris dyson-3.0 gpa@heritage christian
derek king-3.7 gpa@foothill
koko kurdoghlian-3.6 gpa@la canada
trevin knell-4.0 gpa@woods cross
justice sueing jr-3.8 gpa@mater dei
grant anticevich-3.75 gpa@newington college
jacob orender-4.6 gpa@fletcher
deschon winston-3.9 gpa@birmingham
paris austin-3.35 gpa@boise state
austin mcculough-3.97 gpa@portage

*will graduate/graduated from cal joining 2012 grads bak bak, brandon smith & robert thurman

cal fans can expect every player listed above to either leave cal with a degree and/or a nba contract, this **** is getting live

of the 300+ ncaa d1 bb teams, cal is among the most academically elite programs along with stanford and the ivy leagues most noteably harvard

the above is the MOST IMPORTANT stat sheet in cal basketball

this is the difference between basketball factories that use up & then discard their workers (leaving them unemployable on the streets) in today's highly competitive global economy and legitimate collegiate institutions of higher learning with an academic purpose...if you go to an academically mediocre school like oregon or arizona & get injured you are ******

academic ambition is a beautiful thing, it will open doors in business after basketball is done with you & help you meet the girl of your dreams (and you're not thinking about it now but it will also help you raise intellectually curious children someday)...don't be a dumb azz

curvy brunette yoga females with flat stomachs from academically mediocre schools wanna date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads when they enter the real world, that's just the way of the world

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including yoga/meditationstudios):wave:wave:wave
Eastern Oregon Bear
Maybe it's just me, but should we be posting everybody's GPA in a public forum? I'm not sure I'd want that if I were a player. Even with a good GPA like most of those are.
caltagjohnson
Good point. It should have the permission of the player first. If not, just say "academically eligible" or "ineligible".
SRBear
Ya...funny...the guy with the lowest GPA is likely soon (well, whenever his next contract comes up) to be the highest paid on the list. Guess dumb azzes can be winners at something.
sluggo_Cal
Eastern Oregon Bear;842841143 said:

Maybe it's just me, but should we be posting everybody's GPA in a public forum? I'm not sure I'd want that if I were a player. Even with a good GPA like most of those are.

It is not just you. I complain about this periodically. Players deserve privacy on the academic side. Having a middle-aged man criticize the academic performance of teenagers is ugly at best.

Sluggo
Shocky1
Eastern Oregon Bear;842841143 said:

why don't you ask the players if they mind their gpas being posted?...i've already done that

i dunno if it bothers you so much maybe you should just read the san francisco chronicle & other mainstream **** instead of the monster

trying to understand cal basketball (and football) recruiting without gpas is a fool's errand, don't be a dumb azz

berkeley isn't for everybody#ork:ork:ork:ork:ork:ork:ork:ork:
HoopDreams
Pure.

Shocky1
aaron holiday & thomas welsh are withdrawing their names from the nba draft (they wouldn't have been selected) but will it be enough to keep rapist enabler steve alford's job after the upcoming challenging season with the unrealistic expectations of the bruins donor base which still blindly hopes for the return of the glory years of ucla basketball which were fueled by sam gilbert buying players for the wizard of westwood

this is not gonna end well (do your homework, jordan)#
UrsaMajor
Shocky1;842841250 said:

i dunno if it bothers you so much maybe you should just read the san francisco chronicle & other mainstream **** instead of the monster

I dunno, Shocky, you sound like Donald Trump more and more every post.
ccajon
Shocky1;842841292 said:

aaron holiday & thomas welsh are withdrawing their names from the nba draft (they wouldn't have been selected) but will it be enough to keep rapist enabler steve alford's

Did you ever walk up to Steve and call him that directly to his face? Why do you continue to disparage coaches that accomplish things that you can only dream of as a cal fan.
tsubamoto2001
Shocky1;842841292 said:

aaron holiday & thomas welsh are withdrawing their names from the nba draft (they wouldn't have been selected) but will it be enough to keep rapist enabler steve alford's job after the upcoming challenging season with the unrealistic expectations of the bruins donor base which still blindly hopes for the return of the glory years of ucla basketball which were fueled by sam gilbert buying players for the wizard of westwood

this is not gonna end well (do your homework, jordan)#

This is pretty funny since their outlook is way better than ours for next season. Jaylen Hands isn't Lonzo Ball, but he's a stud in his own right. Their roster is significantly better than what we are trotting out next season.
TheSouseFamily
tsubamoto2001;842841305 said:

This is pretty funny since their outlook is way better than ours for next season. Jaylen Hands isn't Lonzo Ball, but he's a stud in his own right. Their roster is significantly better than what we are trotting out next season.

Yep. And they might get even better if they land MJ Walker who is announcing today. Sounds like Ucla is considered the leader too.
SRBear
What do you mean...this is the monstar thread, after all....here we go!
Shocky1
ccajon;842841303 said:

Did you ever walk up to Steve and call him that directly to his face? Why do you continue to disparage coaches that accomplish things that you can only dream of as a cal fan.

alford's achievements don't mean **** since he's a rapist enabler & he will likely be fired after this season

ccajon, clearly your supportive of rapist enablers & that's your prerogative based upon your values system, maybe you could reach out to the girls raped at iowa state by his star player (that was later convicted of rape) that he very publicly defended & tell them to just get over it like alford did during a "prayer" session with them in an effort to get them to drop the criminal charges?
TheSouseFamily
Shocky1;842841316 said:

alford's achievements don't mean **** since he's a rapist enabler & he will likely be fired after this season

ccajon, clearly your supportive of rapist enablers & that's your prerogative based upon your values system, maybe you could reach out to the girls raped at iowa state by his star player (that was later convicted of rape) that he very publicly defended & tell them to just get over it like alford did during a "prayer" session with them in an effort to get them to drop the criminal charges?

Iowa, not Iowa State.
Shocky1
tsubamoto2001;842841305 said:

tsub, in that you don't actually participate in the gameday experience in berkeley, how could you possibly know who the staff is "trotting out next season?"

do you also have opinions re: the best restaurants in paris that you've never dined at or the most architecturally strategic hole at durban country club that you've never played?

let's be real here, cal tv fans are losers

feet on the ground (intellectual detachment is usually misinformation)#:nono:
Shocky1
TheSouseFamily;842841317 said:

Iowa, not Iowa State.

iowa=iowa state=middle of ******* nowhere

no worthwhile courses other than wakonda & the harvester#
TheSouseFamily
Shocky1;842841322 said:

Lol. Can't argue with that.
TheSouseFamily
MJ Walker to FSU. Phew. So glad that Crystal Ball thingy on 247 is totally worthless.
Shocky1
TheSouseFamily;842841323 said:

Lol. Can't argue with that.

my point is that the monster never opines about things i don't know **** about for instance such as the best sports bars in the bay area to watch the bears play on gamedays, i don't got a ******* clue about that & will remain silent on that topic

bar food & golf carts are for fat azzs:bigpuke::nono:
Shocky1
TheSouseFamily;842841325 said:

MJ Walker to FSU. Phew. So glad that Crystal Ball thingy on 247 is totally worthless.

really, glad your more informed now re: mj walker's decision (which was a done deal last weekend)

in any case the kinkos in calbasas got a 30% special on resume printing & the stock paper is really nice

jordan brown is gonna weigh the family drive on gamedays from roseville to westwood & also the undisputed fact that steve alford is a rapist enabler as part of his collegiate decision making process
south bender
Shocky1;842841326 said:

my point is that the monster never opines about things i don't know **** about for instance such as the best sports bars in the bay area to watch the bears play on gamedays, i don't got a ******* clue about that & will remain silent on that topic

bar food & golf carts are for fat azzs:bigpuke::nono:

And certainly the monster knows it all...
Fyght4Cal
ccajon;842841303 said:

No true Scotsma-, er, Cal fan fails to insult the LA coach at every given opportunity, including to his face.
bluesaxe
Two completely unrelated topics there shocky. Last I heard there is no game this week/month/Spring-Summer.

Shocky1;842841319 said:

tsub, in that you don't actually participate in the gameday experience in berkeley, how could you possibly know who the staff is "trotting out next season?"

do you also have opinions re: the best restaurants in paris that you've never dined at or the most architecturally strategic hole at durban country club that you've never played?

let's be real here, cal tv fans are losers

feet on the ground (intellectual detachment is usually misinformation)#:nono:
bluesaxe
Whether he does nor doesn't, the description in this case is accurate.

ccajon;842841303 said:

GB54
Riding on the Monstah with my double sawed off pump.
I'm macking on my yoga hos like D Trump
sluggo_Cal
Shocky1;842841316 said:

Why exactly would he be fired? Because of something he did at Iowa? UCLA knew what they were getting and they did not care. The LA Times says they are working on an extension. Recruiting is going great for them and they had a mostly successful season last year.

Sluggo
89Bear
Shocky1;842841322 said:

Any worthwhile courses in Vermont??? Vacation coming...
stu
89Bear;842841412 said:

I've heard good reports about the [URL="http://www.craftsbury.com/sculling/sculling-schedule/camp-schedule/"][COLOR="#0000FF"]Craftsbury sculling camps[/COLOR][/URL]
GB54
89Bear;842841412 said:

The Maple Syrup and Meth local sustainable program at UVM extension
Shocky1
Fyght4Cal;842841345 said:

No true Scotsma-, er, Cal fan fails to insult the LA coach at every given opportunity, including to his face.

my seat at haas is directly across from the opposing team coach, those who don't think i call steve alford a rapist enabler & dana altman a criminal when they visit berkeley are mistaken
First Page Last Page
Page 150 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.