cal's monster class deux

1,376,582 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
joe amos yaks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caltagjohnson;842842261 said:

I was a Chemical Engineer. Hildebrand wrote one of my text books. I wiil go to my grave having witnessed Cal winning the NCAA BB championship. That is something most of you can only dream about while pissing and moaning. We had no blogs then. We had no computers then. Not even a calculator. We had a student body which packed the gym for every single game. Standing room only. Now we have twice as many students and probably half as many attending games. Most don't give a s**t about Cal basketball. The faculty and administration don't give a s**t either, BTW I paid about $50 a semester for incidental fees. Gasoline was about 20 cents per gallon. I remember gettting pissed when it went to 25 cents.

OT...caltag...

Not so fast, "old" guy. I witnessed Newell '59 and Elliott and I even witnessed part of Pappy and post-Marv. I paid 35 cents for premium to run my Chevy. We didn't have computer access until 1969-70 (main frame, not laptops), and then you had to submit a batch of keypunched hollerith cards and wait until dawn and maybe run it again...and we loved it.

Btw--You dudes didn't even want chicks in the rooting section. That didn't happen until 1964. What a bunch of dumb-aszes. So here you are 60 years later complaining that they don't want to be in the rooting section anymore. You wanna' talk about white shirts?

Blogging is voluntary...so what...here you are! Would you prefer to blog in FORTRAN?

The fees are what they are. My most beautiful bride paid $45 per semester. I paid $133 per semester/quarter in grad school.

So do we need to talk about rent?
Shocky1
coach wyking has offered top 35 player in the 2019 class 6'8" 190 lbs isaiah mobley of rancho christian high school & the compton magic...yeah isaiah & his 2020 sharpshooting bro evan are (almost) all grown up

mobley is one of the most skilled bigs in the 2019 class & plays with a kinda ivan rabb style as he continues to work on adding strength & a 3 point game to his arsenal

isaiah is not a dumb azz, he got a 4.0 gpa

getting the mobley family on campus for an unofficial visit to berkeley this summer is a priority for the staff

[video=youtube;7cFNyh5rq-A][/video]

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including temecula):gobears:
HoopDreams
Shareef Abdur-Rahim, a Cal and NBA Superstar, hanging with Juhwan

Shocky1
with appreciation for those who protect our country from those who wish us harm

2017 Memorial Day#:bravo
UrsaMajor
Let's all get together and keep kids off our lawn.
My semester fee was $62.50. My freshman year was the first with girls (not called women then) in the rooting section.
However, I don't know what you are saying about computers. One of my roommates majored in CS in 1964, and I did research using the mainframe in 1966.
caltagjohnson
I don't you are talking about either? We used slide rules There were no calculators. The computer was being developeed and it was the size of a small room. You would need a truck to carry it around,
Shocky1
500+ practice shots every single day, no days off...crooked azz shooting is a choice not a fate

yeah talking to you nick, roman & juhwan

shut up, shocky#:headbang:headbang:headbang
joe amos yaks
...more OT: "lawncare"...

1964 "Women" (*edi: "chicks/girls") moved into the "Mens" rooting section. Vastly improved, and most welcomed it.

Rethinking...my access to computer in Evans was 1967. The concept was "mainframe"...code in FORTRAN. Three basement floors hideous Evans "monster". Too big for a truck. Technology surpassed the building during construction. (UNIVAC (1950's) at Standard Oil, Richmond, took up a five story building.) Slide rules in HS and college chem, physics, civil engineering (land surveying, etc). Finished with HP/TI calculators...so what! Hand held calculators created a crisis in pre-college math.

Enough already.
HoopDreams
Shocky1

dear bob, joe & ursa,

how are you?

i am fine

thank you for all your fascinating stories re: your lives in the prehistoric dinosaur era but please stop now, we are looking forward (and appreciating the moment) not backwards, got it?

monster recruits are not interested in how brontosauruses used to graze by sather gate back in the day when california was 98.6% white, ok?

yours truly,

shocky

ispy (a beautiful tomorrow)#:bluecarrot:
Shocky1
coach wyking has offered 6'5" 180 lbs top 40 player in the 2019 class majok denk from sudan & currently salpointe high school in tucson

denk & his moms recently made an unofficial visit to berkeley, he's not a dumb azz, he got a 3.53 gpa

check out majok's remarkable backstory in traveling from the brutal civil war in sudan to america

http://www.sports360az.com/jukes-journey-sudan-salpointe/

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including africa):bravo
Big C
Only dinosaurs still use the term "brontosaurus".
Shocky1
Big C_Cal;842842458 said:

got no idea what you talking about

me, dontae & lil yachty are ******* black beetles

Bobodeluxe
Big C_Cal;842842458 said:

Not so fast: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-brontosaurus-is-back1/?wt.mc=SA_Twitter-Share
NVBear78
Shocky1;842842374 said:

500+ practice shots every single day, no days off...crooked azz shooting is a choice not a fate

yeah talking to you nick, roman & juhwan

shut up, shocky#:headbang:headbang:headbang

Why am I forgetting who Juhwan is?
Shocky1
NVBear78;842842477 said:

Why am I forgetting who Juhwan is?

the spider fly (got crooked azz shooting)#:headbang
Shocky1

on top of the world#
roqmoq
joe yaks;842842306 said:

OT...caltag...

Not so fast, "old" guy. I witnessed Newell '59 and Elliott and I even witnessed part of Pappy and post-Marv. I paid 35 cents for premium to run my Chevy. We didn't have computer access until 1969-70 (main frame, not laptops), and then you had to submit a batch of keypunched hollerith cards and wait until dawn and maybe run it again...and we loved it.

Btw--You dudes didn't even want chicks in the rooting section. That didn't happen until 1964. What a bunch of dumb-aszes. So here you are 60 years later complaining that they don't want to be in the rooting section anymore. You wanna' talk about white shirts?

Blogging is voluntary...so what...here you are! Would you prefer to blog in FORTRAN?

The fees are what they are. My most beautiful bride paid $45 per semester. I paid $133 per semester/quarter in grad school.

So do we need to talk about rent?

Rent on Durant Ave. between Oxford and Telegraph for a newish one bdroom for my new bride and me was $130 in 1964. An Athletic Card for all sports was $10. Gremlins (iced orange juice in a cup) with your own mix of choice was the drink of choice in the Men's Rooting Section. During card stunts at halftime, it was necessary to hang on to at least one card to protect yourself when the cards went flying after the stunts were over. Great memories!
Shocky1

old people are relentless (with their memories)#
Big C
Bobodeluxe;842842465 said:

Not so fast: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-brontosaurus-is-back1/?wt.mc=SA_Twitter-Share

LOL, serves me right for thinking I know sh!t. Actually, my 8 yr old told me to post that and what I know for sure is that he's going to bed w/o supper now.

Shocky, how do you stay so cutting edge?
Shocky1
Big C_Cal;842842535 said:

LOL, serves me right for thinking I know sh!t. Actually, my 8 yr old told me to post that and what I know for sure is that he's going to bed w/o supper now.

Shocky, how do you stay so cutting edge?

shay & taylor=cal's monster class editorial staff

https://soundcloud.com/the-tribe-akashic/keep-me-company-feat-master-wendu-tae-haru

bitches need gas money#:newnana::newnana:
71Bear
Shocky1;842842512 said:

Hey Bill, Does that mean it is time for talking about the 20% discount I received to attend the summer quarter in 1969? Saving $20 from what would have been a $100 fee was a big deal then....
BearNecessities
Shocky1;842842512 said:

Unfortunately, you are quickly discovering that you don't make the rules on this forum. Anybody can post anything they want, including in this thread and there isn't anything you can do about it
Shocky1
71Bear;842842633 said:

Hey Bill, Does that mean it is time for talking about the 20% discount I received to attend the summer quarter in 1969? Saving $20 from what would have been a $100 fee was a big deal then....

what up, rob?...one of my highlights of this basketball season was sitting by you at haas, your telling me you would return to this board & cal fandom if the administration hired a competent football head coach that valued d, you prophetically mentioned justin wilcox as someone that you thought could get the job done

and yeah, if you retroactively get a 20% discount from back in the day with present day value compounding of interest, you gotta share your mint with me...got a lotta respect for you & your many contributions (many way below the radar) to cal athletics

looking forward to seeing your sorry broken down azz at memorial this fall even if you couldn't close on your guy from antioch, too bad you didn't tell moms alabama is academically a **** skool for dumb azzs (all running backs are one injury away from football being done with them forever, then what?)

everyday struggles#
Shocky1
BearNecessities;842842646 said:

Unfortunately, you are quickly discovering that you don't make the rules on this forum. Anybody can post anything they want, including in this thread and there isn't anything you can do about it

yeah isn't it great?...the day you make a post on this board that isn't about shocky will be a 1st, maybe you should get a yoga/meditation practice like me or something

life is good (in the cruel city)#
mikecohen
Shocky1;842842656 said:

yeah isn't it great?...the day you make a post on this board that isn't about shocky will be a 1st, maybe you should get a yoga/meditation practice like me or something

life is good (in the cruel city)#

Asi es la vida en la ciudad grande! Was that girl inspired by Josephine Baker?
Shocky1
mikecohen;842842660 said:

Asi es la vida en la ciudad grande! Was that girl inspired by Josephine Baker?

no

Shocky1
[video=youtube;NANQr9znHSQ][/video]

roadtrip dragons (sleep is for losers)#:axe:axe:axe:axe:axe:axe
71Bear
I'll be traveling in Europe all of September and most of October. I hope to get to Memorial in November.
Shocky1
71Bear;842842680 said:

I'll be traveling in Europe all of September and most of October. I hope to get to Memorial in November.

you got your logistics all wrong my friend, i'll be traveling in europe (iceland, venice, london & barcelona) with my family most of july & will be in north carolina (including tee times at pinehurst #2, dormie, mid pines & tobacco road) with slim wadie for the debut of the justin wilcox era vs the tar heels on september 2nd, wouldn't miss that **** for the world

bears on the move#:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree
Shocky1
cal basketball program's #1 target overall on the big board true student athlete 3.5 gpa all american jordan brown

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (and closer to roseville than westwood on gamedays):rant
Shocky1
trevin with the commitment flip to byu

the secret handshake#

Shocky1;842841717 said:

trevin knell will be visiting byu this weekend, expect a new commitment in the near future before he leaves for his mission in early july to uruguay
89Bear
Shocky1;842842715 said:

cal basketball program's #1 target overall on the big board true student athlete 3.5 gpa all american jordan brown

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (and closer to roseville than westwood on gamedays):rant

What's with the basketball stuff???? Where are the old guys telling stories...Napping?
caltagjohnson
We don't get up as early as Shocky. The fact that Brown is an outstanding player and student, and is Cal's no 1 target is not exactly news, Wake me uo when he committs.
Shocky1
caltagjohnson;842842740 said:

We don't get up as early as Shocky. The fact that Brown is an outstanding player and student, and is Cal's no 1 target is not exactly news, Wake me uo when he committs.

yeah did you know that jordan is no longer considering stanford after an unofficial visit there or two with the fam?

sleep (and clothes) are for losers#
First Page Last Page
Page 154 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.