cal's monster class deux

1,376,578 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
parentswerebears
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Alkiadt;842856300 said:

I was curious because it seems like this whole thread is a being conducted by somebody who needs medication.

"Delusions of grandeur"

That's 2 threads.
Shocky1
BearNecessities;842856304 said:

It's a vanity thread

agreed

this is real life (glow up)#
NVGolfingBear
Shocky1;842856340 said:

agreed

this is real life (glow up)#

Shocky, that is a horrible way to treat one of your rescue pups!
Shocky1
Alkiadt;842856300 said:

I was curious because it seems like this whole thread is a being conducted by somebody who needs medication.

"Delusions of grandeur"

that might be true but how do you explain ivan, jaylen & now jordan reading the monster in high school?

the reality is that the small (a handful or two vs the thousands of views per day of this thread) cadre of critics (of which several are not cal grades that don't fully get the celebration of free speech of different points of view in berkeley) are invariably white kinda uptight conservative usually older posters that would like the bearinsider.com to be as bland as calbears.com to reflect their own morals/societal sensibilities of "good taste," they would prefer censorship of the monster

a real problem that's gonna affect the future of this board (and from a macro perspective bears football/basketball season tixs for gamedays) is the abject failure (unlike alternative sites like goldenbearsblogs & other blogs) to get more diversity (specifically blacks & mutts like me) to post on this board

Shocky1
NVGolfingBear;842856344 said:

Shocky, that is a horrible way to treat one of your rescue pups!

nvgolfingbear, what you talking about, didn't you know that our pack trips to stinson beach are always a lot of fun?

shocky is a mutt#
caltagjohnson
Shocky, I don't object on moral grounds. I object to the repetition and the difficulty in finding any real news. If you think Berkeley has free speech you must believe Obama has an NBA future as a PG. Berkeley is the most left wing university in the country. They just blackballed BEN SCHAPIRO, a jew who is mainly a centrist. I give generously to the BB program. I would not give one nickel to the University per se.

Old, conservative basketball fan
BeachedBear
caltagjohnson;842856353 said:

Shocky, I don't object on moral grounds. I object to the repetition and the difficulty in finding any real news. If you think Berkeley has free speech you must believe Obama has an NBA future as a PG. Berkeley is the most left wing university in the country. They just blackballed BEN SCHAPIRO, a jew who is mainly a centrist. I give generously to the BB program. I would not give one nickel to the University per se.

Old, conservative basketball fan

You may want to be careful how you use the term 'THEY'. The University consists of many constituent parts and is very complex. There are actually THOUSANDS of individuals with a wide variety of views and responsibilities and levels of influence and action. You do yourself a disfavor when you use a four letter word, such as 'THEY' to over simplify such a complex and diverse entity. I'm sure the black-balling of BEN SCHAPIRO was not a hive-mind action to achieve some secret agenda. And unless that agenda has an ethno-religious or parliamentary element - I can't imagine why a centrist jew is such a key part of your point.

But please expound and enlighten us - since I whole-heartedly agree with your point about repetition and lack of real news during the slow summer days of Cal Basketball. I could use the diversion.

Age-irrelevant, self-aware basketball fan.

ps. Shocky - please continue with rescue mutt diversions as that is a subject near and dear to my heart (currently with 6 dogs/cats - spent two seasons personally working to alleviate feral cat populations in south bay a few years back) - them critters can really dominate a suburban eco-system).
Shocky1
update: bryan penn johnson is not gonna sign during the fall signing period in november, he's gonna narrow his list of finalists in december

bryan, how can you say academics is gonna be a big part of your decision making process when you got piece of **** schools academically like oregon & arizona on your radar?

matt bradley's roomie (is gonna need earplugs)#

bryan penn johnson on display at the adidas gauntlet with a couple of pretty good games including a 10 boards true 5 dominating performance with his nba length (7'7" wingspan & 9'7" standing reach) with coach o'toole & coach theo in the stands

Shocky1;842851834 said:

what up, bryan?

you would be a highly probable day 1 starter the day you set foot upon the campus at berkeley, that's not gonna happen in tucson, westwood or salt lake city, is that important to you?

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (for those that want 35+ minutes at the 5 from day 1):buttkick:
dal9
where centrist==slightly to the left of Atilla the Hun
caltagjohnson
BeachedBear;842856355 said:

You may want to be careful how you use the term 'THEY'. The University consists of many constituent parts and is very complex. There are actually THOUSANDS of individuals with a wide variety of views and responsibilities and levels of influence and action. You do yourself a disfavor when you use a four letter word, such as 'THEY' to over simplify such a complex and diverse entity. I'm sure the black-balling of BEN SCHAPIRO was not a hive-mind action to achieve some secret agenda. And unless that agenda has an ethno-religious or parliamentary element - I can't imagine why a centrist jew is such a key part of your point.

But please expound and enlighten us - since I whole-heartedly agree with your point about repetition and lack of real news during the slow summer days of Cal Basketball. I could use the diversion.

Age-irrelevant, self-aware basketball fan.

ps. Shocky - please continue with rescue mutt diversions as that is a subject near and dear to my heart (currently with 6 dogs/cats - spent two seasons personally working to alleviate feral cat populations in south bay a few years back) - them critters can really dominate a suburban eco-system).

Please tell me who the last conservative to spreak at Cal was?
bross
Wyking Jones in Las Vegas watching 4-star PG James Akinjo, per Jeff Borzello

Shocky1
bross;842856576 said:

Wyking Jones in Las Vegas watching 4-star PG James Akinjo, per Jeff Borzello

bross, akinjo from salesian is a high character tough kid who scores like a 2 guard in a 1's body but he's not gonna get an actionable offer for 2018 unless there is guards attrition from the current roster as the 2 open schollys for cal's started at the bottom class (2018) are targeting 2 bigs (jordan brown got 1 scholly set aside for him) to join top 100 players matt bradley (who is playing himself into the top 25/50 with his dominating summertime play) & jacobi gordon
89Bear
caltagjohnson;842856573 said:

Jeff Tedford and his bend don't break DC???
Shocky1
Shocky1;842856583 said:

bross, akinjo from salesian is a high character tough kid who scores like a 2 guard in a 1's body but he's not gonna get an actionable offer for 2018 unless there is guards attrition from the current roster as the 2 open schollys for cal's started at the bottom class (2018) are targeting 2 bigs (jordan brown got 1 scholly set aside for him) to join top 100 players matt bradley (who is playing himself into the top 25/50 with his dominating summertime play) & jacobi gordon

update: this is not accurate, coach wyking & the staff got the lisbon plan
Shocky1
james akinjo is gonna make an official visit to the local #1 ranked public university in the world (dude loves cal) along with uconn & indiana this fall

akinjo is blowing up this summer after leading the oakland soldiers to the nike peach jam championship & winning the mvp trophy for his unselfish facilitating/distributing/scoring

off the court nobody on cal's radar has improved academically more than akinjo, a former good but great student he now got a 3.9 gpa...he would love to stay home & share his gameday experiences with his aunt rachel jackson & grandmother evonne stevenson since his moms passed away in 2004 during childbirth of his youngest sister

james, the toughest, hardest working & best educated guy is always gonna be a winner in life, you got my respect

life is not ******* linear (the lisbon plan)#

Shocky1;842722918 said:

coach martin has been building a relationship/monitoring the development of 5'11" 170 lbs point guard james akinjo from salesian high school & the oakland soldiers since his freshman year

congrats to james on getting selected to the top 100 rankings for the 2018 class, the bears staff knows akinjo can score, they just wanna see more leadership on the court

akinjo also got a good relationship with salesian grad jabari bird & is being coached up by cal grad head coach bill mellis & the fastest rising assistant coach in nor cal in joshua calbert (gotta love that name, he also works with splash city under armour & has relationships with marcus lee & tolu jacobs yaffa)

james blew up at the recent 2016 nor cal classic at contra costa college with 12 points, 8 assists (arguably 10 by some accounts) & 6 rebounds in addition to attending the cal elite camp (he got similarly sized charlie moore's number too for future conversations)

yeah james akinjo is a grinder that works out 2-3 times a day that maximizes his talent, he could potentially be a key cog of cal's started at the bottom class (2018)

[video=youtube;yd0Wqoa8LeQ][/video]

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including the east bay):woohoo
Shocky1
[video=youtube;y1SSM5_v1qc][/video]

:gobears:
Shocky1
unless a last minute nba roster slot/contract is offered, jorge gutierrez is gonna play for aquila trento in italy next season after playing in turkey last season despite stellar point guard play for the portland trailblazers in the recently concluded nba summer league

gotta get paid (around the globe)#:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree:tree
Shocky1
jordan, marvin bagley jr & sr are gonna take an official visit to arizona next week, the donut boy of tuscon has promised them he's gonna build the program around their needs/demands...are you a big fan of ******* drama?

bear down (without academic ambition)#
Shocky1
BC Calfan;842856677 said:

They must have a dedicated social media producer. Lotsa content every week. Have cool 'meet the freshmen' videos. Wykings a Hollywood guy, step it up!

BC Calfan;842856682 said:

Yeah but it's a huge recruiting tool

as the social media producer along with my responsibilities as the director of recruiting/player development & fashion/academic achievement & the reduction of the cal basketball program's carbon footprint upon planet earth to mitigate global warming, it should be pointed out (again) that cal's monster class is the most read recruiting tool in college basketball

yeah the cole welle & a curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach bobbleheads that will be given out to the 1st 10,000 fans thru the doors of haas on opening nite november 10th (do you got your season tixs?) is part of the monster's ******* brilliantly comprehensive marketing strategic plan that emphasizes stormin' the floor & the magic of cal basketball on gamedays via in person attendance with the obvious caveat that watching the bears play on tv is for losers

and no the system does not permit the sale of the cole or marshawn bobbleheads to be sold at the student store, you gotta walk thru the doors on gamedays to get this free ****, got it?

haas b-school=#1 ranked undergraduate biz school in the united states of america & its territories (including barcelona):patriot
Shocky1
there are currently active negotiations underway to move one of the bears preseason exhibition games to barcelona if the stumbling block of marcus lee refusing to fly home back to the states with the rest of team can be overcome

Shocky1;842852109 said:

when you're right, your right

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including barcelona):newnana::newnana:
6956bear
Shocky1;842856590 said:

update: this is not accurate, coach wyking & the staff got the lisbon plan

In other words if they can land guys they want there will be turnover on the roster open scholies be damned.
Shocky1
6956bear;842856797 said:

In other words if they can land guys they want there will be turnover on the roster open scholies be damned.

not accurate
Shocky1
future mcdonalds all american/nba lottery pick true student athlete with a 3.5 gpa jordan brown scored 33 points along with 17 boards as his play hard play smart got nicked 111-102 to big ballers/the clown ball fam

Shocky1;842856264 said:

jordan, now is the time to do what you do best (besides reading cal's monster class like your predecessors ivan & jaylen did when they were in high school too), compete on the floor in las vegas during the final july viewing period

absolute ******* domination, we're watching

cal's started at the bottom class (2018)#
BeachedBear
caltagjohnson;842856573 said:

Not until you provide the name, bio and ethno-religious parliamentary affiliation of all of 'THEM'

:p
tsubamoto2001
Shocky1;842856812 said:

future mcdonalds all american/nba lottery pick true student athlete with a 3.5 gpa jordan brown scored 33 points along with 17 boards as his play hard play smart got nicked 111-102 to big ballers/the clown ball fam

One angle of Brown's recruitment that just came to my mind is his affiliation with adidas sponsored clubs PHPS and Team Arsenal. Kansas is the main adidas school on his list. Don know whether this will be a factor in his recruitment, but it's something to watch for.
6956bear
Shocky1;842856810 said:

not accurate

Well something has to give if you want 2 bigs and still sign Akinjo that gets you to 14. Or 1 too many. Unless of course you shift a scholie around and get somebody an "academic" scholie or something. Just wondering how they get at the limit if they still want 2 bigs and would take Akinjo as well and not turnover someone on the roster.
NVBear78
tsubamoto2001;842856880 said:

One angle of Brown's recruitment that just came to my mind is his affiliation with adidas sponsored clubs PHPS and Team Arsenal. Kansas is the main adidas school on his list. Don know whether this will be a factor in his recruitment, but it's something to watch for.

That is a very good point! Anybody know how frequently the top HS prospects remain with the same shoe company when they go to college? From all the stories I heard I bet Josh Jackson (and his mom) did.
Shocky1
tsubamoto2001;842856880 said:

good news is that jordan & dion brown are NOT troy jr & troy sr brown

crooked sneakers#
Shocky1

andre kelly scored 18 points on 5-8 field goals along with 11 boards, 2 blocks & 2 steals for team arsenal in las vegas...kelly is the ******* leading rebounder in the adidas summer championship with a ferocious 13.3 rpg against some of the biggest names in the 2018 class

yeah andre got bad sneakers, dude is a relentless competitor with a high major motor & the 3.5 gpa true student athlete would be an ideal fit for cal's started at the bottom class (2018)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (and close to stockton for the fam on game days)

bad sneakers (why no balenciagas like the monster?)#:tree
Shocky1
welcome jules to the cal family, looking forward to meeting you, moms & your old man

congrats on your 3.5 gpa but much more importantly you got great hair

[video=youtube;PgJXAPQ7f8Q][/video]

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including atlanta):gobears:
Calfans
Recruits: Please fill out our survey! We need everyone's input and ideas as we work on a new website and content plan.

It would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/L8QJDKP
Shocky1
6956bear;842856881 said:

Well something has to give if you want 2 bigs and still sign Akinjo that gets you to 14. Or 1 too many. Unless of course you shift a scholie around and get somebody an "academic" scholie or something. Just wondering how they get at the limit if they still want 2 bigs and would take Akinjo as well and not turnover someone on the roster.

6956, a big part of the monster's recruiting strategy is to build strong relationships with nor cal players & coaches yet at the same time allowing them the freedom to decide what's in their best interests...akinjo is a tremendous young man but he hasn't signed with the bears, got it?

trust me, nobody's gonna be run off
Shocky1

how complicated is the lisbon plan which is only talked about in hushed tones in the shadowy hallways of haas or the bay bridge's telegraph island exit after midnight?

sometimes when i try to explain the intricacies of it to coach wyking he just blankly looks at me & nods...not gonna lie to you, sometimes i wonder about that guy's gpa

this **** is getting live

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including portugal's algarve coast):newnana::bluecarrot:

3.92 (the tix to paradise)#
HoopDreams
Athletic and big hops, attacks the rack, finishes with both hands, nice arc on his shot ... and great genes

Jules can ball.

[video=youtube;ZtlHHGiFM-0][/video]
Shocky1
Calfans;842857073 said:

Recruits: Please fill out our survey! We need everyone's input and ideas as we work on a new website and content plan.

It would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/L8QJDKP

yeah just filled out the survey monkey, the future challenge for bearinsider.com is to attract a younger & more diverse audience...in my gameday travels & other feedback, the average reader of the monster is under 25 years old but does not post on these boards

calfans=captain surveyor super hero

First Page Last Page
Page 179 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.