cal's monster class deux

1,375,698 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[COLOR="#0000FF"][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/COLOR]
HoopDreams
new year, new season, new team
got my tix. do you?

Shocky1

seasons change, nothing in life is ever guaranteed to nobody

there's new ownership of this site & it's clear they are heading in a direction that's quite a bit different than the monster so it's time to move on, writing free of censorship is no longer possible so it's time to move on down the road

the end

bill "shocky" schulz
north scottsdale, arizona
august 6, 2017

don't be a dumb azz#
NVBear78
Shocky1;842858988 said:

there's new ownership of this site & it's clear they are heading in a direction that's quite a bit different than the monster so it's time to move on, writing free of censorship is no longer possible so it's time to move on down the road

the end

bill "shocky" schulz
august 6, 2017

don't be a dumb azz#

Oh man Bill, don't bail on us and the Bears!
NVGolfingBear
Shocky1;842858988 said:

the end

bill "shocky" schulz
august 6, 2017

don't be a dumb azz#

I hope you would reconsider. Yeah, sometimes the monster was on the edge but last time I checked life is rarely down the middle of the fairway.
parentswerebears
Bummer. Now what am I going to read at 3:13 AM on a Tuesday?
HoopDreams
if the monster dies, it will be a whole lot quieter around here ... and less fun

parentswerebears
HoopDreams;842858997 said:

if the monster dies, it will be a whole lot quieter around here ... and less fun

Agree wholeheartedly.
LOUMFSG2
If this is the end, I will miss this thread. I still look forward to seeing you on game days.
Big C
Shocky1;842858988 said:

the end

bill "shocky" schulz
august 6, 2017

don't be a dumb azz#

What?!? That's crazy.

The parties involved need to step back, have a beverage, reflect a little, then come back and talk it out.

Go Bears!
Polodad
Bill,

Sorry to read this post. I will miss your witty contributions. Your posts were the first I looked for when logging on. Go Bears!
calfanz
+1000000

Sometimes I felt like Bill was the only one that truly cared about Cal basketball around here

Polodad;842859022 said:

Bill,

Sorry to read this post. I will miss your witty contributions. Your posts were the first I looked for when logging on. Go Bears!
Vineyardview
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7]The King is Dead --- Long Live the NEW King[/SIZE][/FONT]
philbert
I know not everyone liked Bill's schtick, but in the end, we are all Cal hoop fans. I would hope that something could be worked out to keep him around.
NYCGOBEARS
Will this now turn into a Deathwatch Brunette Yoga Hottie Thread?
GB54
#annefrankweeps@whitepowerstructurehammeringflatbelliedyogaHos
Big C
philbert;842859034 said:

I know not everyone liked Bill's schtick, but in the end, we are all Cal hoop fans. I would hope that something could be worked out to keep him around.

Agree 100%. This is about Cal Basketball and, ultimately, the University, which are far more important than individual egos. We don't have enough SERIOUS fans to where we can afford losing any. Shocky1, despite his flaws (and who among us does not have flaws?), has been a FORCE for Cal Basketball the last several years. The two sides should get together and work things out. Pride goeth before a fall.

Go Bears!
dal9
sucks...I even filled out my survey with a "NEEDS MOAR SHOCKY" comment...guess it was ignored...

well, shocky.com is for sale.
calfanz
Maybe shocks starts a blog.
LOUMFSG2
dal9;842859080 said:

sucks...I even filled out my survey with a "NEEDS MOAR SHOCKY" comment...guess it was ignored...

well, shocky.com is for sale.

www.dontbeadumbazz.com seems to be available . . .
BearlyCareAnymore
Big C_Cal;842859079 said:

Agree 100%. This is about Cal Basketball and, ultimately, the University, which are far more important than individual egos. We don't have enough SERIOUS fans to where we can afford losing any. Shocky1, despite his flaws (and who among us does not have flaws?), has been a FORCE for Cal Basketball the last several years. The two sides should get together and work things out. Pride goeth before a fall.

Go Bears!

If you guys read Shocky's post, it doesn't sound like he was banned. Sounds like he was asked to follow the rules the rest of us follow. I very much hope he decides to do that. No reason he can't continue to be a force for Cal basketball within those parameters as all the things that make him a force are well within the rules. Frankly, refusal to do that tells me what I have always suspected, here he cares more about his alter ego.

In any case, I'm sure he will continue his passion and I hope he finds some place to post that he finds acceptable.
BearGreg
Staff
BearInsider is a community built on diverse perspectives and viewpoints. We envision our community as a place where people of all ages and genders come together around our shared passion for Cal athletics.

At the same time, we will manage our message boards to make sure that community members are respectful to one another and the values we have for both diversity and inclusion.

To be clear, not only do we hope Bill continues to contribute to BearInsider, we look forward to welcoming back any previously banned community members who share our values.
BearNecessities
BearGreg;842859114 said:

BearInsider is a community built on diverse perspectives and viewpoints. We envision our community as a place where people of all ages and genders come together around our shared passion for Cal athletics.

At the same time, we will manage our message boards to make sure that community members are respectful to one another and the values we have for both diversity and inclusion.

To be clear, not only do we hope Bill continues to contribute to BearInsider, we look forward to welcoming back any previously banned community members who share our values.

What exactly is the "censorship" that Shocky is referring to? What aspects of his schtick are outside the rules so that we will know not to do the same thing?
MilleniaBear
Was it the mocking of the FT shooting? It seemed a bit harsh but it was par for the course.
GRRAAH
BearGreg;842859114 said:

How refreshing!

A little banter back and forth is one thing, but caustic and vicious attacks on the board and through Private Messaging is another.

Wishing you great success within our community!
PtownBear1
Can't you guys just stick a disclaimer on the thread title and let him do his thing. Sort of like the beginning of South Park where it says this show should not be watched by anyone. I'm going to miss reading the monster.
SFBearz
GRRAAH;842859132 said:

How refreshing!

A little banter back and forth is one thing, but caustic and vicious attacks on the board and through Private Messaging is another.

Wishing you great success within our community!

Yes, repeated nasty attacks over years, harassment through DMs, throwing dozens of 17/18 year old kids under the bus, publicizing private academic information, continual sexism, policing speech on the board, and using the site to keep a personal blog- all I'd hope would be out of bounds.
GB54
Did Mike Cohen's post delete itself?
oskidunker
But the Monster doesn't die
mikecohen
GB54;842859167 said:

Did Mike Cohen's post delete itself?

No. Big Brother erased it from history.
joe amos yaks
Shocky1;842858988 said:

the end

bill "shocky" schulz
august 6, 2017

don't be a dumb azz#

Uh-h...does this mean no more donut-boy?
BearNecessities
mikecohen;842859197 said:

That's a real shame
joe amos yaks
mikecohen;842859197 said:

Say it isn't so.
- joe
ccajon
joe yaks;842859200 said:

Uh-h...does this mean no more donut-boy?

Yeah well it's high time we showed the opposing coaches of all the clean, well run programs they represent the respect they deserve.
FrankBear21
BearGreg;842859114 said:

So DrunkOski and blueblood will be officially reinstated?
First Page Last Page
Page 183 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.