cal's monster class deux

1,376,185 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
good luck to theo john at marquette
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/marquette/2016/09/13/theo-john-commits-marquette/90299332/

Shocky1;842721086 said:

theo john is on his 4th official visit (has already tripped to cal, purdue & oklahoma) this weekend to marquette, he will visit minnesota next weekend

marquette got a passionate fan base but i sure hope wojo don't take theo on a tour of milwaukee's top attractions like the jeffrey dahmer fun house, that would be a really bad idea

yeah wisconsin isn't exactly sweater weather

america's dairyland (and bar)#
Shocky1
OaktownBear;842727583 said:

Doesn't he know that if he came here there would be pictures of girls on our board? Where else on the internet are you going to find that?

oaktown, don't forget zippy the pinhead too
petalumabear
Shocky1;842727656 said:

oaktown, don't forget zippy the pinhead too

He's absolutely right. There are more photos of him (narcissist) on the boards than are necessary or even tolerable.
Shocky1
key cal recruiting priority target ira lee is gonna follow summer transfer shareef o'neal at crossroads high school in so cal...and yeah the o'neal family's collegiate decision is not gonna really include academics, cal is no longer actively recruiting shareef

lee is recovering the next 2-3 months from his late august shoulder surgery...his tumultuous departure from prolific prep is another reminder to ira (who got an exceptional 3.8 gpa, he's not a dumb azz) that at the end of the day he's gotta ask himself am i gonna use basketball or is basketball gonna use me?...is he gonna go to an academically mediocre school like arizona with a 95%+ acceptance rate (both terrance ferguson & deandre ayton who did not attend legit high schools cleared arizona's non existent admissions process) that will leave him ****** when basketball is done with him or is he gonna attend the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world & create future opportunities to become minted both on & off the basketball court like his close friends jemarl & juhwan?

talking about your mental health (50 year decision)#

Shocky1;842700208 said:

coach martin has offered 6'8" 190 lbs shareef o'neal the #20 ranked player in the 2018 class from the academically rigorous winward school in los angeles

shareef got a developing inside & outside game that can play facing the basket...with continued physical strength & conditioning he will dominate kinda like his dad...a collegiate decision is not expected until his senior year

it's not known at this time if this will be an academic decision or a basketball decision or maybe both

[video=youtube;hEW2IuDMeD0][/video]

the university california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

50 year decision#
Shocky1
petalumabear;842727728 said:

He's absolutely right. There are more photos of him (narcissist) on the boards than are necessary or even tolerable.

agreed

stormin' the floor at haas (let's do this)#
Shocky1
along with coach webster eating all mom's homemade peanut butter cookies, wyoming & santa clara have done in home visits with trevin knell this week

yeah trevin is the guy to the right, like jemarl he can shoot the long range moneyball like alan crabbe...no chance the dude on the left is ever gonna get thru security at the airport, that's not gonna happen with tsa keeping a close eye on things

4.00 gpa true student athlete (trevin, not the dumb azz cowboy)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (the road less traveled)#:gobears:
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]touch sensitive LCD court[/SIZE]

Vineyardview
Shocky,

At face value Ira Lee's "tumultuous departure from prolific prep" doesn't sound surprising, inappropriate or even likely tumultuous. He was after all injured, had surgery and can't participate until deep into the approaching season.

Prolific Prep can not be confused for a high school it has no academic purpose it is a prep basketball factory prepping talented prep's for a pro basketball career. Given that mission, they should always be expected to replace injured or otherwise inadequate players.

Consistent with their purpose they recruited several new talented players to fulfill their needs. It is unlikely that Ira Lee was surprised that he was recruited over and replaced. In and of itself that doesn't sound "tumultuous" it just "is what it is" a transition that should always be anticipated and expected from an organization like Prolific Prep.
Shocky1
Vineyardview;842727820 said:

Shocky,

At face value Ira Lee's "tumultuous departure from prolific prep" doesn't sound surprising, inappropriate or even likely tumultuous. He was after all injured, had surgery and can't participate until deep into the approaching season.

Prolific Prep can not be confused for a high school it has no academic purpose it is a prep basketball factory prepping talented prep's for a pro basketball career. Given that mission, they should always be expected to replace injured or otherwise inadequate players.

Consistent with their purpose they recruited several new talented players to fulfill their needs. It is unlikely that Ira Lee was surprised that he was recruited over and replaced. In and of itself that doesn't sound "tumultuous" it just "is what it is" a transition that should always be anticipated and expected from an organization like Prolific Prep.

viney, agree with much of your analysis but this is ira's 3rd high school & make no mistake about it each of the moves has been tumultuous...1st there was the move from sierra canyon when marvin bailey & his dad showed up & now this move...it's not easy to switch high schools, it's kinda like being dumped by your curvy brunette yoga girlfriend with a flat stomach

a major factor in ira lee's recruitment will be whether or not he uses basketball or if basketball uses him, there are 50 year implications

the player or the victim ? (parallel lines)#
Vineyardview
Reminds of that old adage, You reap what you sow.

Let's hope that all these interruptions or stops and starts in his various high school campuses do not negatively affect the momentum of his academic progress or interfere with his California acceptance qualifications.

Cuonzo needs Ira Lee in this recruiting class.

Optimism for many regarding the Nov signing period is starting to fall faster than excrement in an outhouse.

Contemplate recent published information indicating:

Wendell Carter leaning elsewhere,
Theo John to Marquette,
Brandon McCoy totally silent,
Troy Brown including Cal as if it were an after thought,
Jordan Nwora overwhelmed with high major offers,
O'Shea Brissett seemingly gone,
Ikey Obiagu looking at Baylor, Maryland, FSU, Long Beach State, NC State, Georgia Tech

These remaining first tier Cal priority recruits seem tenuous to commit to Cal
Shocky1
viney, you said the same old sky is falling **** before we signed cal's diamonds are forever class (2015) with ivan & jaylen

you really don't know the inner workings of the cal basketball program
Vineyardview
Shocky,

If you are going to communicate with me practice less condescension and put your preoccupation with your self away

- Stop attributing an attitude to me that I never exposed -

My post is neither negative or positive rather just interpretive or reflective of information that is circulating in the public domain about the status of various Cal recruits.

This information would lead many to feel that Cal will be in a difficult tussle with other schools to secure any of these guys commitments. My post did not say Cal would not or could not sign a couple of these 5 or 4 star recruits just intimated that Ira Lee was obviously an important target and the other priority recruits listed were far from locks.

Hope burns eternal and it seems that at this time the Cal staff could use a few prayers as well.
Shocky1
Vineyardview;842727894 said:

Optimism for many regarding the Nov signing period is starting to fall faster than excrement in an outhouse.

viney, let's be real here, you are literally talking **** about the bears coaching staff & the all the way up class (2017) based upon zero insider information

the staff is targeting 5 signees for the 2017 class but won't take that # if guys aren't true student athletes & a good fit for the program...you mention multiple guys not committing to cal, that's how the recruiting process works, you target the best guys in the nation & then try to identify those that got academic ambition, berkeley isn't for everyone (this concept seems to elude you)

who will be the known new california golden bears next season on the floor next season?

*****jemarl baker, arguably the best shooter in the entire nation in the 2017 class
*****juhwan harris dyson, dynamic high motor defender that can be multiple
*****marcus lee (blueshirting), mcdonalds all american/kentucky transfer with continued s&c work could be the best 4 in college basketball next season

that trio is better than anybody else in the pac 12, it's not even ******* close

it's the middle of september, the november signing periods 2 months away/the april signing period is 7 months away & there's a lot of work to do:axe

if you want to talk **** about the cal basketball program & then try to deny it, just read your own words

cal's all the way up class (2017)#
Shocky1
viney, you mention there are "no locks" & that cal "will be in a difficult tussle with other schools to secure any of these guys commitments"

guess what?

that's the deal with college basketball recruiting & in a bigger sense, relentlessly competing in life...nothing is handed to nobody

the staff is targeting top 100 players, it's always gonna be a ******* war...if cal wants locks they'll start recruiting 5'11" guys from marin catholic that are being recruited by uc davis

viney, i appreciate your passion for cal basketball recruiting, but there is not always a level field when you consider maybe 10-15 of the top 100 guys can actually do & our motivated to do the necessary work to earn a degree from the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world & be minted for life

our staff is working their azzs off building relationships (and no they won't all pay off) & the guys that arrive in berkeley will be celebrated by me until the end of time, that's the magic of cal basketball
Shocky1
donnie tillman, who is a major priority recruit for cal's all the way up class (2017) made his 1st college trip last weekend, an unofficial visit to utah...unlike coach martin who played in the league, special k likes to remind recruits every 5 minutes that he played in the nba & that donnie is "his #1 recruit right now" (best pick up line of the offseason for sure)

how does the mature/introspective tillman evaluate his game?

"my biggest strength is that i'm really versatile...i can push it, i've got a pretty good shot, i'm a defensive minded player, i'll play both sides of the ball really hard...you can put me anywhere you want on the floor, 2-4, it doesn't matter...i like to create and pass off the wing, i really like to get others involved"

"my weakness is creating space on my shot...knowing when to shoot and when to drive, that decision...that and recognizing mismatches"

Shocky1;842695280 said:

the cal staff is in daily communication with emerging key 2017 priority wing donnie tillman originally from the housing projects of detroit & now flourishing at findlay prep & the oakland soldiers...tillman is not nationally ranked yet because he played in only 5 games last year because of a now fully recovered meniscus tear w/ cartilage damage but like charlie moore he's gonna be a top 100 player before the end of his upcoming senior season

the findlay prep program operates like a college program with serious time management skills required by its student athletes...before the season the players (who live in 2 houses a block away from the school) got 6:00 am conditioning on the football field followed by school from 8:00 to 3:00 pm with weights at 12:40 pm before lunch...after school there's a basketball practice followed by dinner & then homework study sessions...then at 9:00 they got work outs with the coaches

although coach martin & coach webster are recruiting tillman at the 3, he views himself as position less like draymond green:

"that's my biggest comparison, a more athletic draymond green...i'm a rebounder, i can knock down a mid range shot, i can step up and hit a three, i can sometimes create for myself and for others and i can post up inside and out...and i really love that about (green's) game"

-donnie tillman

he forget to mention that he also got serious hops & can play above the rim too

growing up in tough circumstances in the midwest, donnie can relate to the past experiences of coach martin & coach webster, he would bring a mentally tougher, more bad azz much needed mentality to the sometimes candy azz soft california golden bears

and here's the best news, tillman told ryan gorcey that "education is #1, basketball will take care of itself" & that he got an overall 3.3 gpa...donnie tillman is not a dumb azz, he got academic ambition & is mentally limitless

[video=youtube;R-LUg5Ur5B4][/video]

expect donnie tillman to visit berkeley in the near future, he's gonna make his moms donna holmes who suffers from epilepsy proud of her by taking care of her in the future...and yeah, donnie is an ideal cal fit both thru his multiple skills at the 3 & his hardwork in the classrooms

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including the streets of detroit)

Shocky1;842710095 said:

coach martin made viewing donnie tillman a major priority during the now completed 3rd ncca authorized summertime evaluation period

tillman is blowing up nationally after several 25+ point explosions & is receiving high interest from other high majors including michigan (but who wants to live in cold azz weather?)

donnie is articulate, got good hair, loves his moms donna holmes who suffers from epilepsy, got academic ambition & is mentally limitless (3.3 gpa), positionless like draymond green & most importantly already understands the importance of a curvy brunette yoga female

basically he's an ideal fit for the cal basketball program...yeah, i'm the shockster & i approve this recruitment

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including all yoga/meditation studios):gobears:
Vineyardview
Your condescension seems to be limitless. You post as if you are the only enlightened person who understands the Cal recruiting dynamics. The Cal recruiting conundrum has existed throughout time. Year in Year out the same recruiting issues must be serviced by the coaching staff. We all understand the issues get off your high horse.

Shocky1
Vineyardview;842728067 said:

Your condescension seems to be limitless. You post as if you are the only enlightened person who understands the Cal recruiting dynamics. The Cal recruiting conundrum has existed throughout time. Year in Year out the same recruiting issues must be serviced by the coaching staff. We all understand the issues get off your high horse..

cal basketball is giant#
Shocky1

jemarl baker & juhwan harris dyson are both gonna take their official visits to berkeley this weekend

jemarl & juhwan, if i see you around haas pavilion and/or memorial stadium for the texas football game, i'm probably gonna ask you "where you live?"

since recruits can never speak to donors, just point to the hills

this **** is getting live

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (accessible by uber helicopters)

cal's all the way up class (2017)#:bravo
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][/SIZE]

Shocky1
these highlites of jemarl baker are not a summer mixtape taken from 30+ games, this is from last weekend

[video=youtube;dJkj4oIFGZo][/video]

ice in his veins moneyballs#
BearsObserver
I should know ... I posted it first.

Shocky1;842728104 said:

these highlites of jemarl baker are not a summer mixtape taken from 30+ games, this is from last weekend

[video=youtube;dJkj4oIFGZo][/video]

ice in his veins moneyballs#
Shocky1
BearBackerinLA;842728106 said:

I should know ... I posted it first.

congratulations, do you got season tix(s) for this season?
HoopDreams
[SIZE=6]MAJOR hops[/SIZE]

BearsObserver
I answered this same question before in the old monster thread. Go look it up.

Shocky1;842728115 said:

petalumabear
BBinLA this isn't a race. Sharing information about just that. I do my share of arguing with Shocky but in this case you need to calm down.
Shocky1
jordan nwora improved his stock as much as any player in the nation this summer with his unreal aau shooting performances, he's now a legit top 50 player in the 2017 class

coach o'toole had in an in home visit with jordan & his parents at their buffalo home, tim is utilizing his longtime east coast roots to open doors for them california golden bears

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including new england & upstate new york):gobears:
Shocky1
BearBackerinLA;842728143 said:

I answered this same question before in the old monster thread. Go look it up.

in that the cal's monster class & deux is the most popular college basketball thread in the united state of america (and probably the world) with several thousands views a day including heavy readership from players, recruits & coaches, it would be a fool's errand trying to find your sorry broken down candy azz soft excuse making post re: why you don't support the bears/got season tix(s) at haas pavilion

the magic of cal basketball cannot be replicated by watching on tv on gamedays, that's not how it works

sorry

don't be a fake model#
Shocky1

the magic of cal basketball#
Shocky1
my man travis decuire is mining nor cal talent for the montana grizzlies, he got a lot of connections particularly in the bay area & is respected for doing things the right way particularly with respects to academic achievement

cal's monster class (2013) of jabari bird, roger moute a bidias, kameron rooks, sammy singer & jordan mathews was primarily due to decuire's relentelss recruiting efforts with capable assistance from jay john, gregg gottlieb, john montgomery & theo robertson along with this thread

td is gonna be the next head coach at washington state or washington (if romar misses the ncca tournament for a 6th straight year as expected)

http://norcalbasketball.blogspot.com/2016/09/going-back-in-time-machine.html

cal basketball family#
concordtom
Shocky1;842728324 said:

td is gonna be the next head coach at washington state or washington (if romar misses the ncca tournament for a 6th straight year as expected)

UW has the # what ranked player coming in next year?
Coach Romar's godson?
Yeah, right!
You're like Trump. Just keep saying things and hope all the stupid people out there will believe you.
concordtom
Shocky1;842728115 said:

Sorry, gotta call you out on this, too.
[SIZE=4]Don't mess with BBinLA!!![/SIZE]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;81Fk3P740xc][/video]

this is cal basketball (get minted)#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;e238ujaecZg][/video]

the grind (gotta get better)#
Shocky1
coach martin & coach jones had an exceptional in house visit with troy brown jr & his family last nite in las vegas, it could not have gone better

yeah troy is a top 10 player in the 2017 class & would be a valuable addition to cal's all the way up class (2017) along with jemarl baker & juhwan harris dyson but there's a lot more to brown than just playing basketball on a basketball court with a basketball

what do you need to know about this unique recruitment?

*****troy brown jr like ivan rabb, jaylen brown & jordan brown is a reader of the cal's monster class...the university of california, berkeley is recognized worldwide as an agent for social change & for celebrating free speech, the ongoing civil rights/black lives matter movement & full expression of the individual (including koko & zippy the pinhead)...uptight highly conservative non cal grads will probably never truly appreciate this remarkable gift, the cal's monster class appeals to those that are open minded & with a strong sense of humor, troy is one of those guys

*****the key basketball factor in his upcoming november decision will be his preference for playing the 1...6'6" 200 lbs troy spent time with 6'5" 205 lbs tyrone wallace during his unofficial visit to berkeley & t-wall told him about the staff's creative scheming for a tall point guard which resulted in tyrone being drafted in the 2nd round of the 2016 nba draft by the utah jazz...brown is an unselfish team player & can also slide to the 2 & 3 when charlie moore runs the point

*****troy brown jr & jaylen brown have a close big bro type relationship that predates jaylen committing to cal without an official visit (jb took a "secret" unofficial visit)...they continue to talk & both have a common bond in that neither wants basketball to solely define them...jaylen has shared his thoughts on the cal experience & what it's meant to him in terms of his personal growth as a renaissance man/citizen of the world

troy is a highly talented artist, his aau teammates gave him **** this summer re: his flower drawings

jaylen is an avid chess player & he told me that he co produced & engineered "keep me company" for the atlanta based tribe akashic linked below, love this song & its message

https://soundcloud.com/the-tribe-akashic/keep-me-company-feat-master-wendu-tae-haru

both are interested in world/societal issues, they both got a perspective of life that suggests light years of maturity...troy is aware that jaylen left the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world with a 3.2 gpa at cal before signing a ten million+ dollars contract with the boston celtics

*****the #1 factor in troy's decision will be his relationships with the program's staff & particularly the head coach...criminal dana altman & the donut boy of tuscon do not present themselves in a forthright way like coach martin, there's no comparison...wyking & coach martin have built close trusting relationships with the entire brown family during the last 2+ years
[video=youtube;H2Aowbpv0XM][/video]

*****troy brown jr is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.7 gpa with honors & advanced placement classes at centennial high school in las vegas...other than cal & georgetown his other 6 finalists (alabama, oregon, arizona, ohio state, unlv & kansas) are academically mediocre schools...look closely at this foto, this is a young man that is mentally limitless with academic ambition that is cognizant that there's life after basketball

*****troy is interested in majoring in communications, cal offers the nationally recongized media studies major in the school of letters & science...his sister jada is a broadcast communications major at kansas & also writes a sports blog (that is not as obnoxious as the cal's monster class)

*****the brown family is very tight, troy brown sr attends almost all of his games & often with his wife & 2 daughters when possible...oakland airport on southwest airlines offers the fastest & best price value for quick affordable gameday trips from las vegas...lawrence & columbus not so much, tuscaloosa forget about it

*****the bay area's fabulous year round weather is as good as it gets

troy, good luck in your decision...jemarl & juhwan got the california golden bears uber helicopter fueled up & ready to roll to pick you up if you wanna go all the way up to them berkeley hills, nothing can stop you

50 year decision#:gobears:
Shocky1
viney, the death of the cal basketball program is not imminent but yeah there's a lot of work to do

First Page Last Page
Page 32 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.