cal's monster class deux

1,375,927 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
looking forward to more cal games with theo robertson as my guest, the guy bleeds blue & gold...theo told me about a middle schooler from roseville back in the day

might young ivee & the bird man become the next los angeles lakers in the 2017 nba draft?

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/160914-coaching-staff-theo-robertson?cid=tw

50 year friendships (cal family)#
Shocky1
roman davis is gonna debut this season as cal's most uber helicopter athlete

yeah he's gonna make it rain, better grab an umbrella

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including lil wayne/fat joe climate zones)
concordtom
Shocky1;842731081 said:

jemarl: sure glad we got to finally see shocky, who even wears dress shoes while shooting free throws anyways?

juhwan: i'm just glad he didn't make fun of our hair, he's always saying ira got better hair than us

jemarl: no worries, we all got better hair than coach martin that's for sure

I take it from your repeatedly bringing up hairlines that you yourself are experiencing the thinning that accompanies old age.
Just keep in mind, that growing old with dignity is a virtue. You don't need hair. Virtue is judged on other things than that. How you treat people is likely somewhere near the top of the list. You're not shooting par.
Shocky1
ok, no official trip to berkeley for the brown family but that doesn't mean that fallon don't gotta reach out to jada & coach/mentor her all the way up

fallon, thx you for your big sister fashionista advice to taylor re: not overpaying, now that she's working as a hostess & earning coin she is making some better choices with her money...you would be proud, when i got home from the texas game she showed me a cute black half top to be worn with jeans that she got at forever 21 for 10 bucks

Shocky1;842685619 said:

it should be pointed out that troy brown jr's sister jada is a pastime starter on the kansas jayhawks women's team & will be a senior next season when her bro troy is also a senior at centennial high school in las vegas...jada will be graduated by the time her little bro enters college, she is majoring in broadcast journalism...hopefully jada will accompany troy on his official visit to berkeley & maybe talk shop with fallon smith christopher

rock chalk talk walk (or something like that)#
Shocky1
major worldwide cal's monster class exclusive news:

troy brown jr is not a dumb jazz
http://www.d1circuit.com/news_article/show/699442-video-at-home-interview-with-lv-prospects-veteran-troy-brown-jr-

50 year decision ("you got to have a back up plan")#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=7]Which non-freshmen could steal the hoops show?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Ivan Rabb, California: File Rabb's decision to return to the Bears as perhaps the stunner of the offseason. The 6-foot-11 freshman was a likely lottery pick, especially after tearing up the Pac-12 with 12.5 points and 8.5 rebounds per game his freshman year, and was told he wouldn't last beyond the 10th pick of the NBA draft. Yet despite being the product of a generation that seemingly can't wait for anything -- from phone calls to future careers -- Rabb simply wasn't in a hurry.

"I just wanted to improve," Rabb told ESPN.com's Jeff Goodman. "I didn't just want to be in the NBA. I wanted to make sure I was ready when I got there."

Imagine that.

So now here sits Rabb -- likely stronger after another offseason of conditioning and wiser with a year's worth of college game experience -- with the desire to get better. That's the recipe for a statistical explosion. Without Jaylen Brown and Tyrone Wallace, Cal coach Cuonzo Martin will be even more reliant on Rabb to score and produce. If Rabb is able to extend his jump shot, as he hopes, he should be more than capable of answering the bell.[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Congrates![/SIZE]

socaltownie
HoopDreams;842731880 said:

[SIZE=7]Which non-freshmen could steal the hoops show?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Ivan Rabb, California: File Rabb’s decision to return to the Bears as perhaps the stunner of the offseason. The 6-foot-11 freshman was a likely lottery pick, especially after tearing up the Pac-12 with 12.5 points and 8.5 rebounds per game his freshman year, and was told he wouldn’t last beyond the 10th pick of the NBA draft. Yet despite being the product of a generation that seemingly can’t wait for anything -- from phone calls to future careers -- Rabb simply wasn’t in a hurry.

"I just wanted to improve," Rabb told ESPN.com's Jeff Goodman. "I didn't just want to be in the NBA. I wanted to make sure I was ready when I got there.”

Imagine that.

So now here sits Rabb -- likely stronger after another offseason of conditioning and wiser with a year’s worth of college game experience -- with the desire to get better. That’s the recipe for a statistical explosion. Without Jaylen Brown and Tyrone Wallace, Cal coach Cuonzo Martin will be even more reliant on Rabb to score and produce. If Rabb is able to extend his jump shot, as he hopes, he should be more than capable of answering the bell.[/SIZE]

My little bro hit nail on head. Without two players (and yes, all the props and best to them) in Brown and Wallace where the ball would "stick"...and another who often also started jacking shots up (Mathews) Ivan has the potential to go OFF this year.
Shocky1
roman, great shooters are not born, they are made thru hard work in shooting 500+ practice shots every day

that's why alan crabbe, jemarl baker & trevin knell got ice in their veins moneyball range on their uber helicopters 3 pointers

and that's why you, ira lee & juhwan harris dyson currently got crooked shots

real talk (shut the **** up, shocky)#

Shocky1;842682009 said:

name that california golden bear:

what bear has been involved in the most fights/skirmishes during practices this season?

what non rotation bear has been noted by nba scouts during pregame warmups (45 minutes before tip off) for his freak athleticism?

what bear brought a robust 3.5 gpa to cal's diamonds are forever class (2015) which was an integral part of important confidential acceptance negotiations with cal admissions that impacted another key player?

what bear said before the team traveled down under that he was excited but that he didn't know how to speak any australian?

what bear led the pac 12 in the most missed uncontested 5 footers during pregame warmups (yeah, i keep track of that ****)?

what bear did coach christopher tell me unconditionally does absolutely everything he instructs him to so without hesitation & has made major strides in his s&c with the addition of significant good weight/muscle?

yeah, roman davis is gonna bring a much needed bad azz element to next season's team chemistry

[video=youtube;zMbUrEQtdU0][/video]

update: coach martin told the banquet crowd with a sly grin that roman davis really likes to mix it up during practices, coach knows his team has been too candy azz soft which resulted in the bears underachieving last season

one of roman's teammates told me that he got a "light switch" & that when he gets on the court it gets turned on & he's ******* amped up & ready to roll...he wants to win every rebound, win every drill

roman told me he played high school in the 180s, that's he now 200 lbs & that he's working with coach christopher to get to 215 lbs for this season, he's gonna bring a physical presence to the court

davis also told me he will be playing at the 3 which means he will competing for minutes behind the birdman

i talked **** with roman about him leading the pac 12 in the most missed shots during pregame warm ups & he promised me that won't happen when the lights go on starting this november
Shocky1

the grind (did you outwork everybody today)#
Shocky1
the cal's monster class is awarding the worst dad of the year award to stephen thompson sr, an assistant coach at oregon state

despite both of his sons rocking 4.0 gpas as mentally limitless true student athletes with academic ambition, he's pressured his son ethan (actionable stanford offer) to just commit to the beavers after railroading his other son stephen jr (actionable cal offer) to corvallis last year

that's just messed up, dad's career is more important than encouraging his sons to have unlimited future opportunities in life as a result of cal & stanford educations

modern day slavery (not a 50 year decision)#
Shocky1
big bro bryan lee (grand canyon university basketball player/current bay area high tech recruiter) told me that marcus is "just getting back to 220 and we want him at 230-235 by next season...coach nic has him grinding and he's loving the work"

Shocky1;842717258 said:

despite being inaccurately listed as 6'9" 224 lbs by the kentucky athletic department, marcus lee was officially confirmed as 6'10" 211 lbs with a 7'3" wingspan at the may 2016 nba scouting combine

trust me, after working with coach christopher who is arguably the most energetic & hands on s&c coach in college basketball for almost 18 months marcus lee is not gonna weigh 211 lbs when he officially suits up for the california golden bears in november of 2017...he's gonna have the body of a bad azz nba enforcer that is gonna get paid

this is gonna happen, lee is learning healthy ways to put on good weight while not losing any of his elite jumping/athletic physical skills...marcus is gonna be off to the races

the grind (get minted)#

while marcus lee got pro volleyball/nba hops & devastating rebounding & shot blocking skills, a major area of necessary nba development during the next 15 months before his 1st game as a california golden bears will be free throw shooting

last season at kentucky lee made only 25-62 free throws for 40.3%...cal's 5's kameron rooks (26-46 for 56.5%) & kingsley okoroh (6-17 for 35.3%) also struggled at times, bigs take more time to develop their shooting skills but it's critical they do so in order to be on the floor at the end of close games when teams are in the bonus situation

perhaps familyfirst will share his insights

trust me cal fans at haas pavillion on gamedays in 2017 are gonna see an electric athlete that takes an uber helicopter above the rim both offensively & defensively

Shocky1
congrats to jade smith from st joseph notre dame on his commitment to pepperdine

nobu malibu (thinly sliced wagyu beef served on a sizzling rock on the patio)#
socaltownie
Shocky1;842732067 said:

big bro bryan lee (grand canyon university basketball player/current bay area high tech recruiter) told me that marcus is "just getting back to 220 and we want him at 230-235 by next season...coach nic has him grinding and he's loving the work"

Why am I ridiculously excited to see Marcus playing for the Bears? 2017 can not get here soon enough ;-)
Shocky1
socaltownie;842732165 said:

Why am I ridiculously excited to see Marcus playing for the Bears? 2017 can not get here soon enough ;-)

i dunno maybe because in the history of cal basketball nobody has ever graced the floor of harmon gym/haas pavilion wearing a california golden bears jersey that is as explosive a jumper as marcus lee?

antioch fueled up night prey uber helicopter#
GoldenBear1
Lucky we have a season led by Ivan starting us in the face to entertain the masses
Can't wait for opening night
Ivan Rabb is the man!
Shocky1
GoldenBear1;842732378 said:

Lucky we have a season led by Ivan starting us in the face to entertain the masses
Can't wait for opening night
Ivan Rabb is the man!

agreed, there is an awareness (unlike last season) that the ball/offense needs to be run thru young ivee

we're gonna see more entry/lob uber helicopter passes to him, kam & the king & less of the shockster screaming his azz off for the blind azz clown guards/wings to pass the ball inside & for ivan to demand the ******* ball & impose his will on the game
Shocky1
6'3" point guard 2019 point guard jarod lucas of los altos high school & the compton magic doing the hang with the best shooter (just ask him) in the cal program coach webster

jarod averaged 28.4 ppg on 43% 3 pointers & 88% on free throws as a freshman conqueror, dude can shoot the ball & also averaged 4.4 apg & 5.4 rpg

http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/la-sp-jarod-lucas-sondheimer-20160118-column.html

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including southern california):gobears:
Shocky1
my take is that the key factors in kameron rooks decision re: whether to return for a 5th season in 2017 will be whether or not he plays an integral part of the cal offense this season (will the bears guards & wings feed him the ball inside for interior post baskets against physically mismatched pac 12 5s?) & the potential recruitment/commitment of brandon mccoy

the cal staff & his teammates would love for k(rooks) to return in 2017

kam & khayla=unbreakable (kinda like larry the lobster):cheer

Shocky1;842685018 said:

kameron rooks told me at the banquet that he played ball in high school at 300 lbs, that he currently weights 250 lbs & that he would feels "too light" right now & that he would like to play next season at 255-260 lbs...coach nicodemus told me that he's more focused upon rook's overall conditioning than any specific lbs goal...my take is that kam is very powerful in his upper body but not as strong in his lower body

when i asked with the departures of both poeltl at utah & zeus at arizona who's gonna be the biggest challenge at the 5 in the pac 12 next season he said dusan ristic for the wildcats, he bangs the whole time...it should be pointed out that when chris boucher at oregon plays the 5 that ivan rabb usually plays the 5 too

kam is not a dumb azz, he entered cal with a 3.5 gpa & with his summer school classes he told me he is scheduled to graduate at the end of next year with a focus upon legal studies...at that point he could either play as a graduate transfer at another school or apply to one of cal's grad school programs which are usually 2 years, my take is that there's a very strong probability that rooks will be leaving berkeley after next season

so let's celebrate kam's academic achievements & appreciate his every moment as a california golden bear next season, he turned down an actionable offer from the donut boy of tucson (and his dad sean's school) to graduate from the #1 ranked public university in the world

kam is soft spoken & sitting near him he was genuinely surprised & emotionally moved when coach martin announced his award as the team's defensive mvp, his handshake is respectful & not bone crunching

k(rooks) owned up to me his secret crush on alicia keys & that he went to see her on bart at the super bowl festivities the night before the game concert in downtown san francisco, it was a zoo but he got to hear her sing from outside the staging area

but make no mistake about it, kam's true love is kristy at the krusty krab, she throws batting practice at him & although he used to play baseball she mostly strikes him out...such is the price of love, kam

socaltownie
Shocky1;842732359 said:

i dunno maybe because in the history of cal basketball nobody has ever graced the floor of harmon gym/haas pavilion wearing a california golden bears jersey that is as explosive a jumper as marcus lee?

antioch fueled up night prey uber helicopter#

Hmmmm........My man love for Leon Powe begs to differ.
HoopDreams

concordtom
socaltownie;842732489 said:

Hmmmm........My man love for Leon Powe begs to differ.

Howdy SoCal!
Dude, Marcus could touch the backboard at least a foot higher than Powe.
Think Yogi Stewart. Bill Russell. In terms of body type.

Powe was not as tall or erect, and his talent was more from in his arms and hands. Footwork to get around defenders and release the ball with touch at the rim.
concordtom
socaltownie;842732165 said:

Because 5 years in the making??
Shocky1
parentswerebears;842728695 said:

How are things going with Brandon McCoy? I see on other sites that Cal is doing well, but is that accurate?

brandon mccoy is going to announce his final 5 in the very near future...the major key development in his recruitment is his moms moving from the midwest to san diego, they are both loving the west coast

my take is that mccoy's final 5 will be cal, usc, michigan state (tom izzo recently did an in home visit in san diego) along with potentially 2 schools from arizona (deandre ayton's commitment hurt the wildcats momentum), ucla, kansas, kentucky & san diego state

yeah cali isn't sweater weather

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the entire ******* world
Shocky1
do you got your season tix(s) for the upcoming season?...you never know who you might sit next to at haas pavilion

the magic of cal basketball (haas pavilion is our palace)#

Shocky1;842675622 said:

"yo creo en mi mismo"

"es hora de molienda#pelota es vida"
-jaylen brown, noted philosopher & responsible global citizen of the world

"yo creo en la magia de una yoga morena mujeres con curvas"
-shocky, lover of the latina culture

si, fuschia es muy popular en portugal tambin

Shocky1
coach martin has extended an actionable offer to brandon mccoy a 7' 235 lbs #9 ranked player in the 2017 class from cathedral/morse high schoolsl in san diego...dude's enthusiasm & mental curiosity is larger than life, he got academic ambition

mccoy is already a devestating relentless physical defender, rebounder & shot blocker with developing offensive skills with tremendous fluidity & athleticism to his movement...warming: do not watch this video if you got heart problems (please consult your doc 1st, cal's monster class is not gonna be responsible for your sorry azz medical bills)
[video=youtube;C-fiIh6yySA][/video]

brandon got a 3.3 gpa & is interested in majoring in ocean marine biology which makes no sense if he's considering academically mediocre garbage **** inland schools like arizona and/or michigan state...dude is not a dumb azz, he realizes (unlike ira lee who stubbornly/naively thinks he's gonna be minted in the nba/make his dreams come true with no academic/career back up plan which is odd for a guy that's already had 2 major injuries, attended 3 high school & that got crooked azz shooting) that his basketball playing days could be done forever in a split second injury & that he will need to be limitless mentally in order to achieve all his dreams in life & take care of moms

mccoy is a renaissance man, he taught himself to play the piano at age 13 after taking guitar lessons...he also won a middle school fair award after extracting dna from a banana...like jaylen brown, ivan rabb & troy brown jr, basketball is not gonna solely define brandon mccoy

brandon grew up on the tough streets of chicago & it was a courageous decision for his moms mildred davis (a single parent), an army master sergeant who is now in the reserves to send her son to live with his guardian shaun manning who also serves as a mentor, coach & male role model...mildred is now living in san diego with her sons, coach martin & the staff connects well with the family & have built respectful trusting relationships

"my mom makes sure that i put school before anything...she doesn't care about basketball...all she cares about is academics...it's for me to accomplish my goals and to go to college and earn a degree and if the nba is in that conversation, then getting to the nba"
-brandon mccoy

brandon visited a while ago with the cal staff in berkeley & then dominated in the prep2prep california all star classic game with 20 points & a redunkulous 17 boards & 3 blocks

mccoy is gonna announce his final 5 finalists & yeah there's gonna be a surprise in there

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (for guys that wanna date & marry curvy brunette yoga females with flat stomachs):gobears:
mikecohen
concordtom;842732562 said:

Howdy SoCal!
Dude, Marcus could touch the backboard at least a foot higher than Powe.
Think Yogi Stewart. Bill Russell. In terms of body type.

Powe was not as tall or erect, and his talent was more from in his arms and hands. Footwork to get around defenders and release the ball with touch at the rim.

And he had bad knees (or at least one bad knee)
Shocky1
http://norcalbasketball.blogspot.com/2016/09/10th-annual-nor-cal-tip-off-classic.html

https://vimeo.com/45797764

the 2017 nor cal tip off classic on saturday november 26th at newark memorial high school got the following exciting match ups involving key cal basketball recruits:

5:30 pm capital christian (tolu jacobs yaffa) vs bishop alemany
7:00 pm newark memorial vs woodcreek (jordan brown)
8:30 pm bishop o'dowd (elijah hardy & naseem gaskin coached by up lou richie) vs bishop montgomery (david singleton)

the shockster's attendance will be contingent on the cal vs ucla football starting time that day at memorial stadium, might have to take an fueled up uber helicopter from berkeley to newark...or maybe i could carpool with coach martin, save gas/reduce our global footprint on earth & **** like that

let's be real here, if i'm not at the classic jordan brown is gonna be understandably very upset:bravo

represent nor cal#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Senior Jabari Bird is ONE BIG REASON to get your butts in the seats in Haas Pavilion[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Shocky getting out of his Uber Helicopter ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR][/SIZE]
bearmanpg
I'll be at Newark Memorial again this year...looking forward to starting the high school season off right...some real good talent to watch...I've been to the last 2 Tip Off Classics and they were both excellent windows on some of the best talent in NorCal as well as a few SoCal players...well worth the day....
Shocky1
http://static.pac-12.com.s3.amazonaws.com/sports/basketball-m/pdf/2016-17/2016-17_Pac-12_MBB_Prospectus.pdf

dangerous waters wit lil yachty 2#
Shocky1
bearmanpg;842732966 said:

I'll be at Newark Memorial again this year...looking forward to starting the high school season off right...some real good talent to watch...I've been to the last 2 Tip Off Classics and they were both excellent windows on some of the best talent in NorCal as well as a few SoCal players...well worth the day....

what's the capacity at newark memorial, is getting a seat an issue at all?
Shocky1
this is gonna be a yoga battle for the ages

is the winner gonna be jaylen brown?

is the winner gonna be the shockster?

but make no mistake about it, both guys are gonna be off to the races, that's just how them california golden bears compete every second, every day

namastae#:acclaim:
Shocky1

jaylen, let's be real here, the smart money is on the shockster...sorry about that, it's all about core strength (and a flat stomach)

shine bright (like diamonds in the sky)#
First Page Last Page
Page 34 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.