cal's monster class deux

1,376,131 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
did i mention that jordan nwora got good hair?

but definitely not great hair that's for sure, that's a whole another thing

Shocky1
former washington state head coach ken bone is now a pseudo assistant coach at gonzaga

mike montgomery & bone are close peers & the plan for travis decuire if he became the head coach at cal was to have bone as an assistant coach along with gregg gottlieb & john montgomery

instead td got the montana head coach gig & he hired bone as an assistant coach for 2 years before he moved on to spokane

got it?

HoopDreams

[SIZE=5]2016-17 Preseason All-American Team - FIRST TEAM
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Ivan Rabb, California: We went with Rabb as the nation’s best big man this season....He would have been a lottery pick had he opted to declare for June’s NBA Draft.[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=4]http://ballislife.com/ira-lee-junior-mix/[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Shocky1
welcome 6'3" 195 lbs junior sharpshooter derek king to the saddest show on earth, the slow & the forgotten them cal basketball walk ons joining nick, cole & koko under the tyranny of coach martin

[IMG]?ig_cache_key=MTI2MT E4NjQ4ODA0ODU4MTI2MA%3D%3D.2[/IMG]

derek is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.7 gpa at foothills college but has taken the long road to berkeley with stops at foothill college, san diego christian college & santa teresa high school (14.1 ppg as a senior) in san jose

king shot 45.7% on 3 pointers last season, check out his unique shooting form as he dramatically steps into his shot
[video=youtube;LlbKLImIZLY][/video]

yeah derek is a mutt like the shockster, hopefully he's gonna find one of them curvy brunette yoga females in berkeley that wants to take home a rescue dog

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including san jose):gobears:
Shocky1
uber talented 2017 big kenny wooten has been released from his loi by nevada but despite reports that cal is interested, wooten don't got the gpa and/or academic ambition to become a california golden bear
89Bear
Shocky1;842736646 said:

uber talented 2017 big kenny wooten has been released from his loi by nevada but despite reports that cal is interested, wooten don't got the gpa and/or academic ambition to become a california golden bear

Shock, does team usa stand a chance this Ryder Cup?
bearmanpg
Shocky1;842736646 said:

Wooten couldn't qualify at Nevada (no chance at Cal) so he is going to play a year in prep school to try and get D1 qualifications....besides, he can't shoot from more than 5 feet anyway...otherwise he is a very talented athlete...
Shocky1
welcome derek king to the berkeley rescue shelter for mutts...kinda wondering if ira lee is gonna join us too or if he's gonna take the easy way out & try to naively/stubbornly be the next stanley johnson (basketball wise & sexually) in tuscon in the hopes of becoming minted as a nba superstar without an academic/career back up plan in today's fiercely competitive global economy that favors the well educated

Shocky1;842715019 said:

berkeley is a progressive city that celebrates diversity in the golden state of california...i dunno for mutts like ivan rabb, ira lee, stephen domingo, kameron rooks, brandon chauca, nick hamilton, christian behrens, brenden glapion & myself that's kinda important

there's no nigerian, peruvian, black, white or asian with the cal basketball family, just brothers from different mothers, there's one love

take a rescue mutt home tonite & shower them with love & kisses:cheer

coach martin's dawg pound#
Shocky1

dancing with the devil (this is oregon basketball)#

Shocky1;842734167 said:

troy, how your visit going, do you really have anything in common with the ducks coaches & players outside of basketball?

who are you, what are your values, how are you going to achieve your life's goals while finding inner peace & helping others?
Shocky1
89Bear;842736668 said:

Shock, does team usa stand a chance this Ryder Cup?

89, got no interest in watching pro golf, i'd rather play a walking round usually with my bag over my shoulder & pursue my ongoing quest of playing the world's greatest golf courses & serving as an architecture expert/panelist for the golf digest & golf magazine course rankings

and yeah, i'm not gonna watch cal basketball on tv either, life is too short for that ****

what are your passions (and how are you pursuing them?)#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=6][COLOR="#000080"]cal basketball coming at you[/COLOR][/SIZE]

HoopDreams

[SIZE=5]College basketball's 2016-17 breakout players[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Kameron Rooks, Cal[/COLOR]
Vitals: 7-0 | Center | Junior
Cal's star is going to be Ivan Rabb. And Rabb's going to get plenty of double teams. Rooks will benefit. Expect a pop in his usage percentage, scoring numbers and time on the floor. Rooks will also benefit because I think Jabari Bird's going to have a fine final season. Rooks is the vital third piece. College hoops only gets a handful of 7-foot guys who can have reliable impact. Would surprise me if Rooks didn't become that this season.[/SIZE]

puget sound cal fan
Sad and disconcerting. Zona should join with the quacks in forming their own conference.
Shocky1
welcome derek king to the cal basketball family, you got academic ambition & are limitless mentally, it's something in your veins

still working on koko's gpa

Shocky1;842675152 said:

who are these guys on the california golden bears basketball team?...do you wanna be a part of all of this?

alan crabbe-3.3 gpa@price ($75,000,000 4 year contract with the portland trail blazers)
justin cobbs-3.39 gpa@bishop montgomery
richard solomon-3.5 gpa@price (nba fall camp with the atlanta hawks)
jeff powers*-3.6 gpa@delasalle
ricky kreklow*-3.72 gpa@rocky bridge
david kravish*-4.1 gpa@lee's summit north
tyrone wallace*-3.5 gpa@bakersfield (nba fall camp with the utah jazz)
christian behrens*-3.5 gpa@tahoma
jabari bird-3.0+gpa@salesian
jordan mathews*-3.55 gpa@santa monica
sam singer-3.4 gpa@ransom everglades
kameron rooks-3.5 gpa@mission hills
roger moute a bidias-3.0+ gpa@notre dame
kingsley okoroh-3.0+ gpa@westwind prep/findlay prep
stephen domingo-3.4 gpa@st ignatius
brandon chauca-3.85 gpa@shannon forest christian school
cole welle-4.37 gpa@aptos
nick hamilton-4.2 gpa@westchester
brenden glapion*-4.1 gpa@washington
dwight tarwater*-3.9 gpa@webb school
ivan rabb-3.15 gpa@bishop o'dowd
jaylen brown-3.1 gpa@wheeler ($21,404,269 4 year contract with the boston celtics)
nick kerr*-3.9 gpa@torrey pines
roman davis-3.5 gpa@winward
dontae coleman-3.3 gpa@lawson state
grant mullins-3.31 gpa@columbia (ivy league)
charlie moore-3.86 gpa@morgan park
jemarl baker-3.6 gpa@roosevelt
marcus lee-3.5 gpa@kentucky
juhwan harris dyson-3.0 gpa@heritage christian
derek king-3.7 gpa@foothill

*will graduate/graduated from cal joining 2012 grads bak bak, brandon smith & robert thurman

cal fans can expect every player listed above to either leave cal with a degree and/or a nba contract..patrick christopher, justin cobbs & richard solomon all have around one+ remaining semester of schoolwork necessary to earn their cal degrees...as the wise marco harris once told me, men take care of their business

of the 300+ ncaa d1 bb teams, cal is among the most academically elite programs along with stanford and the ivy leagues most noteably harvard

the above is the MOST IMPORTANT stat sheet in cal basketball

this is the difference between basketball factories that use up & then discard their workers (leaving them unemployable on the streets) in today's highly competitive global economy and legitimate collegiate institutions of higher learning with an academic purpose...if you go to an academically mediocre school like kentucky, oregon or arizona & get injured you are ******

academic ambition is a beautiful thing, it will open doors in business after basketball is done with you & help you meet the girl of your dreams (and you're not thinking about it now but it will also help you raise intellectually curious children someday)...don't be a dumb azz

curvy brunette yoga females with flat stomachs from academically mediocre schools wanna date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads when they leave their schools & enter the real world, that's just the way of the world

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world
89Bear
Shocky1;842736823 said:

89, got no interest in watching pro golf, i'd rather play a walking round usually with my bag over my shoulder & pursue my ongoing quest of playing the world's greatest golf courses & serving as an architecture expert/panelist for the golf digest & golf magazine course rankings

and yeah, i'm not gonna watch cal basketball on tv either, life is too short for that ****

what are your passions (and how are you pursuing them?)#

What do you think of that course they're playing?
NVGolfingBear
89Bear;842736862 said:

"Hazeltine really did lack only 80 acres of corn and a few cows. They ruined a good farm when they built this course".

Dave Hill American Golfer before the 3rd round of the 1970 U.S. Open Championship. He finished 2nd to Tony Jacklin less the $150 fine for his comments.

Apologies to Shocky1 but from TV I thought it had some character.
Shocky1
89Bear;842736862 said:

the foto above is of my playing the par 4 11th at augusta national during one of my dozen+ rounds at dontae coleman's favorite club, my caddie has already handed me my putter after knocking my approach shot within 15 feet to a far right pin placement

one of the traditions at augusta (along with cypress point, san francisco golf club & los angeles country club) is that gentlemen must wear pants

let's be real here, the shockster is not a big fans of pants

Shocky1
my minnesapolis/st paul golf course rankings are as follows:

1) white bear yacht club-fabulous donald ross design that's been faithfully restored by tom doak with a tight natural walkable routing & wildly undulating fairways/audaciously contoured greens...tremendous fun but very private so few have enjoyed the magic of wbyc

2) interlachen-pristine sanctuary in edina that is only minutes from the cosmopolitan downtown center, wonderful collection of short par 4s & strategic doglegs in a quirky design that maintains an understated rhythm from the 1st tee to the 18th green

3) hazeltine-overrated formulaic design by trent jones sr that is challenging with its shot demands but lacks personality as the numerous bunkers & hazards are both predictable in their placement & overly manufactured to the eye

NVGolfingBear;842736865 said:

"Hazeltine really did lack only 80 acres of corn and a few cows. They ruined a good farm when they built this course".

Dave Hill American Golfer before the 3rd round of the 1970 U.S. Open Championship. He finished 2nd to Tony Jacklin less the $150 fine for his comments.

Apologies to Shocky1 but from TV I thought it had some character.
NVGolfingBear
Shocky1;842736962 said:

my minnesapolis/st paul golf course rankings are as follows:

1) white bear yacht club-fabulous donald ross design that's been faithfully restored by tom doak with a tight natural walkable routing & wildly undulating fairways/audaciously contoured greens...tremendous fun but very private so few have enjoyed the magic of wbyc

2) interlachen-pristine sanctuary in edina that is only minutes from the cosmopolitan downtown center, wonderful collection of short par 4s & strategic doglegs in a quirky design that maintains an understated rhythm from the 1st tee to the 18th green

3) hazel tine-overrated formulaic design by trent jones sr that is challenging with its shot demands but lacks personality as the numerous bunkers & hazards are both predictable in their placement & overly manufactured to the eye

Interesting comments Shocky. I propose an off=season topic to fill dead space about what is involved in rating the course that lack personality ...and overly manufactured to the eye. As you write that I can understand and see it but not sure I would recognize it walking a course for a first time. I think we have enough golfers on the board for some thoughts on rating a course.
Jeff82
What matters to me is what Brad Klein calls the walk in the park test. Too many new courses have so much distance between greens and the next tee, or are on such goat land, that you can't walk them even if you want to.

By the way, Shocky, the reconstruction of Palo Alto Muni, to be renamed The Baylands, is finally under way. I'll be happy to host you to rate the course when it reopens next year. It's basically a new course designed by Forrest Richardson. They've added a massive amount of fill to finally cure the underlying water table/drainage problems, and to provide some views of San Francisco Bay from the new course. Hopefully there'll still be enough golfers around here to play by the time it's finished.
Shocky1
Jeff82;842737013 said:

What matters to me is what Brad Klein calls the walk in the park test. Too many new courses have so much distance between greens and the next tee, or are on such goat land, that you can't walk them even if you want to.

By the way, Shocky, the reconstruction of Palo Alto Muni, to be renamed The Baylands, is finally under way. I'll be happy to host you to rate the course when it reopens next year. It's basically a new course designed by Forrest Richardson. They've added a massive amount of fill to finally cure the underlying water table/drainage problems, and to provide some views of San Francisco Bay from the new course. Hopefully there'll still be enough golfers around here to play by the time it's finished.

my idol & friend (he also lives in north scottsdale) bill coore who is the world's greatest living golf architect likes to say that great golf courses are found in nature, they are not constructed by the hands of man...we are currently undergoing a wonderful renaissance of golf course architecture led by bill coore, tom doak, gil hanse & mike devries that celebrates minimalism after the heavy handed garbage manufactured designs of fazio, nicklaus, palmer, the jones family etc.

jeff, i would love to tee if up with you at baylands just let me know when is a good time...forrest richardson & i keep in touch every now & then and i have tremendous respect for his ability to create wildly contoured greens most notably at peacock gap...last time i saw brad klein was at the 5th fairway at the dormie club (in the pinehills of north carolina) as me & a buddy played thru him & his cartball foursome...as we played thru on foot i innocently asked brad how that "walk in the park test" rating was working for him in an evil golf cart...pretty sure klein likes me about as much as dana altman
concordtom
Shocky1;842736956 said:

let's be real here, the shockster is not a big fans of pants

Or socks...
Shocky1
puget sound cal fan;842736842 said:

Sad and disconcerting. Zona should join with the quacks in forming their own conference.

agreed, arizona & oregon are targeting guys with limited academic ambition that just wanna play basketball on a basketball court with a basketball & not worry about books & **** like that

when tyler dorsey was asked why he picked the ducks he basically said his top criteria was "getting buckets"...getting a world class education, developing as a young man with a social conscience & a wide variety of interests, giving back to the community were not factors...dana altman assured him he would get the ball in his hands which is exactly what tyler & his overly involved dad wanted to hear...done deal

now dorsey is gonna declare for the nba draft after this season, he's a very skilled scorer at the high d1 basketball level...but he's not gonna be a 1st round draft choice with a guaranteed contract & he will get cut as a 6'4" 171 lbs guard that isn't fast enough to defend nba point guards & isn't strong enough to defend nba scoring guards, dorsey lacks explosion & his college ability to breakdown less skilled players in college won't matter in the league...his only chance is to become an elite outside perimeter shooter (his 40.6% last season from the shorter college 3 point line isn't gonna get him paid in the league) but he's no jemarl baker or trevin knell that's for sure...at that point dorsey is gonna be an oregon dropout with a very limited future, tyler will not have used basketball but rather basketball (altman) will have used him

the cal staff is seeking out high character true student athletes that are interested in life after basketball, for them this is a 50 year decision not just listening to the donut boy of tuscon telling you your gonna be the next stanley johnson even if you got a crooked azz shooting touch (which he noted at your final aau game in las vegas this summer) while he privately tells arizona donors that you & alex barcello are gonna be solid 4 year depth role players while he relentlessly recruits deandre ayton & marvin bagley (the handlers for both players have told miller they will not play the 5 during their one year in college, the minutes at the 4 are gonna be all gone for other players) for superstardom

marcus lee embodies the ideals of the cal basketball program, he is a very special person (standing ovation for moms sherri) & i can't wait for 2017 to roll around to celebrate the magic of cal basketball with marcus on the floor at haas pavillion...and yeah then ashley & i are gonna storm the ******* floor on a regular basis (if marcus can knock down free throws & play the last 5 minutes of tight games)...let's do this

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2622747-uks-big-man-with-the-bigger-heart-marcus-lee-leaving-his-mark-in-the-community

this is cal basketball (50 year decision)#:gobears:
Shocky1
staff visited with ira lee today, not sure if they got any tasty korean bbq from moms or not

but make no mistake about, ira is not the greatest blasian of all time, it's not even close

ira & shocky are rescue mutts#::p
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]when senior point Tyrone Wallace went down with a hand injury last year, this man stepped in
and what was the result?

...sweep of the Arizonas, including #12 AZ[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Ira has always wanted to be a Bear[/SIZE]

Shocky1
the cal staff has offered 6'7"215 lbs jairus hamilton a top 40 player in the 2018 class from the cannon school in north carolina & the summertime aau team united

hamilton is already built like a nba player with both strength & a 6'10" wingspan...he is quick laterally & explosive vertically with great vision & is in a relentlessly attacking mode kinda like jaylen brown...who does this quote from his high school coach che roth remind you of?, "jairus is an exceptional competitor and is a great teammate and natural leader...he wants to be the absolute best, not only for his teammates but also for himself"

jairus is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.7 gpa...his dad played ball at depaul & is a preacher, his sister is finishing up at unc greensboro & his bro is playing at jacksonville state

the question becomes does jairus want to stay home & play with a bunch of other elite basketball players at north carolina/kentucky or does he want to broaden his horizons & attend the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world in the diverse & beautiful san francisco bay area with ideal year round weather with other true student athletes with academic ambition while being coached up/mentored by a high character coaching staff in a cal family atmosphere?

securing one of hamilton's 5 official visits to berkeley is gonna be the key, cali sells itself

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked (#3 overall) university in the world (including north carolina):gobears:
Shocky1
marin catholic guard (27.4 ppg as a jr) joey calcaterra with the commitment to the university of san diego
Shocky1
coach webster watched 6'5" 190 lbs 2019 wing jaime jaquez jr of the camarillo high school scorpions, dude got a big time high d1 future after earning all cif, all county & all academic as a freshman

jaime is offensively skilled with range to 20 feet & plays above the rim...his dad jaime jaquez sr played ball at concordia college in irvine & moms angela played ball at pima community college & also concordia

[video=youtube;PZyXOc_QxIU][/video]

yeah cal's 2019 don't got a name yet but trevin knell, josh green, jaime jaquez jr, jarod lucas & amani "mook" harris are high priority young ones but don't worry, no ******* way it's gonna be called cal's pokemon go class (2019)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including camarillo):gobears:
KenBurnski
Hey Shockster, where does the Verdugo Hills 18 hole pitch-and-putt land on the top 100? It's got pretty good sight lines of the 210 freeway from the 12th.
HoopDreams
HoopDreams

Shocky1
KenBurnski;842737469 said:

Hey Shockster, where does the Verdugo Hills 18 hole pitch-and-putt land on the top 100? It's got pretty good sight lines of the 210 freeway from the 12th.

kenny, i dunno maybe you should focus on disc golf in the future
Shocky1

the last day of september, summer is out of reach...the 1st day of cal basketball practice (practices are gonna be closed even for nba scouts for a couple of weeks) symbolizes the arrival of fall in berkeley

and make no mistake about it, charlie moore is gonna exceed the expectations of everybody (except the shockster & coach webster) this season, do you got your season tix(s)?

yeah there are no curvy brunette yoga females on the road, nobody on the beach but i can see you, your brown skin shining in the sun & your fuchsia yoga mat touching your small azz bum

september is done (the boyz of summer)#:axe
First Page Last Page
Page 37 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.