cal's monster class deux

Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842662900 said:





let's do this#
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842662951 said:



the proposed basketball practice facility which is currently on a fast track cost analysis including underground infrastructure (this was not done at the spieker aquatics center) & lead donors fundraising would include a world class s&c workout area for coach christopher




off to the races#


chancellor nicky d & his crew will be approaching cal basketball's 2 largest benefactors during the next 60 days to discuss potential lead donor(s) possibilities, a dedicated basketball practice facility is absolutely necessary for the cal basketball program to continue it's current upward trajectory

the pitch#
UrsaMajor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
given the HUGE deficit that IA is running, the new practice facility is going to be a hard sell--no matter how important to the program. Things are so bad that if it weren't for the stadium debt (which requires an athletics income stream), there would be a strong push on campus to drop out of D-1 athletics entirely.

btw, whoever did the concept drawings for the facility doesn't know anything about college hoops. He has a Cal player with the # 17 (college basketball numbers can't have digits above 5).
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UrsaMajor;842695489 said:

given the HUGE deficit that IA is running, the new practice facility is going to be a hard sell--no matter how important to the program. Things are so bad that if it weren't for the stadium debt (which requires an athletics income stream), there would be a strong push on campus to drop out of D-1 athletics entirely.

btw, whoever did the concept drawings for the facility doesn't know anything about college hoops. He has a Cal player with the # 17 (college basketball numbers can't have digits above 5).


the entire cost of the project has to be committed & collected prior to construction

chancellor nicky d spoke at the basketball banquet (which has probably never happened in the history of cal athletics) & his enthusiasm for the perfect cal basketball apr of 1000 & the football apr of 997 suggests a new day of opportunity for cal sports...he is the power broker on campus, he has the ability to make **** happen (not some fat azz prof in computer sci who plays game of thrones in his spare time)

cal is gonna appeal to the ncca for the soon to be #1 player in the 2018 class (marvin bagley's dad is gonna sell his azz to some pro team in china) jordan brown to be granted the #17, that's a cal's monster class exclusive
UrsaMajor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You're right, of course, that the facility will need to be fully funded before construction. However, I fear that your faith in Dircks (whom I consider a friend, btw) is misplaced. His power on campus right now is nil. He barely escaped a vote of no confidence by the faculty, and is hanging onto his job by his fingernails. Only the fear of a total vacuum (with the provost, VC for business and finance, law school dean, and other top administrators either gone or interim) has kept the Regents from firing him. Unfortunately, he can't do **** right now on campus (and this is from someone who likes him personally).
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
But where are the buses and delivery trucks going to unload, park, and turnaround?
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842695481 said:



trust me, absolutely nobody in berkeley is gonna miss a worthless bureaucrat like mike weinberger


It amazes me that you have the gall to rip people as you do.
dal9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
that's Andrew Bynum...still has four years of eligibility left... (and 0 knees :cry
Calfans
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mikecohen;842695374 said:

Shocky: This thread is crashing on my Chrome browser.


Did chrome crash on the original thread that is now pinned at the top of the basketball board? Is it crashing now on cal's monster class deux
What is happening when you crash?

I think you should clear your cache and history. close browser and reopen it..

If all else fails, please power cycle your router and modem using the instructions here http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?68517-How-to-Power-cycle-your-modem-and-router
mikecohen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Calfans;842695542 said:

Did chrome crash on the original thread that is now pinned at the top of the basketball board? Is it crashing now on cal's monster class deux
What is happening when you crash?

I think you should clear your cache and history. close browser and reopen it..

If all else fails, please power cycle your router and modem using the instructions here http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?68517-How-to-Power-cycle-your-modem-and-router


I was referring to this new thread. Somehow, without me doing anything, it stopped crashing. Thanks though.
OldBlue1999
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FWIW Calfans I use Chrome on Android & Firefox on Fedora and have never had any issues with Monster Thread un ou deux.
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mikecohen;842695548 said:

Somehow, without me doing anything, it stopped crashing. Thanks though.


You must've turned your spam filter off.
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ursa, your friend's name is spelled dirks
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
early cal's monster class recruiting efforts from back in the day, kinda underestimated the being recruited over odds ("30-40%") by coach cal

Shocky1;841955327 said:

the part you might be missing golden years is that marcus lee is not a dumbass high school all american basketball player, many have hs gpas in the low to mid 2.00s

coach calipari's top incoming "student athlete" is national top 5 rated 6'10" nerlens noel who needed to pass 2 summer school classes to meet ncaa admittance standards (not kentucky standards which are apparently non-existent) because of his hs gpa of 2.1, no that is not a typo, 2.1 hs gpa

lee has an impressive 3.2 hs gpa and considered duke

odds:

lee getting injured in college thereby derailing his basketball career and causing him to need to rely upon his college diploma-5 to 10%

lee becoming financially wealthy with a cal degree-70-80%

lee becoming an asst manager at subway with a kentucky degree-70-80%

lee getting recruited over by a lottery type player like nerlens noel during the next 2-3 years at kentucky (calipari is a relentless recruiter/salesman)-30%-40%

lee starting for the bears from day one/playing at least 30-35 minutes per game-95%

lee's mom and brother bryan and family and lifelong coaches being able to afford to see more than 4 of his games in person a year (see my earlier post on travel costs to lexington)-10%

lee's mom and brother bryan and family being able to attend all of his home games at haas and other bay area games (stanford, etc.)-100%

lee's odds of playing with mcdonald all americans (that he has never played with) at kentucky that will freely pass him the ball-50%

lee's odds of his friends bird and matthews passing him the ball-90%

lee's odds of enjoying half the year of absolutely humid and suffocating hellish hot weather (mid march thru mid september) in lexington-25%

do you disagree?

family matters

dominoes baby#
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://theundefeated.com/features/jaylen-brown-the-2016-nba-drafts-renaissance-man/

https://soundcloud.com/the-tribe-akashic/keep-me-company-feat-master-wendu-tae-haru

this is cal basketball (dare to be different)#
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842690383 said:

friday, november 11th vs the university of san francisco is being targeted as the potential 1st regular season game of the 2016 season but nothing has been written in stone yet...i'm flying into sfo from new zealand that morning after walking/rating the most exciting golf course opening in the world for 2016, tom doak's tara iti golf club (it's possible that doak will join me in nz that week) which is around 90 minutes north of auckland (which is a mini sydney)...it's gonna be pure golf (no housing with a tight routing) with zero golf carts & all bunkers/sandy waste areas are not raked, a serious contender for the next golf magazine world top 100 rankings list


november 11th-san francisco dons (renewed bay area rivalry)
november 25th-wyoming "dirty" mustangs
november 27th-southeastern louisiana lions
november 30th-louisiana tech bulldogs (formerly known as the sunny dykes)
december 3rd-alcorn state braves
december 11th-uc davis "3 point shooting" aggies
december 17th-cal poly mustangs (led by sharpshooter trevor john)
december 21th-virginia cavaliers (battle of national powerhouses)

in the preseason the bears will travel to spokane to play gonzaga (the zags will play at haas pavilion in the 2017 season) & to sacramento to play in the new golden 1 arena that is currently being constructed downtown vs san diego state (which heavily recruits the area) as a neutral site game which will also be a great opportunity for all of jordan brown's family, friends, coaches, teammates, classmates & the mailman to check out the california golden bears

the magic of cal basketball (just like sex & golf) can only be celebrated in person, turn off your television & get out/roar like a bear


the california golden bears will be traveling to the sunny beaches of honolulu for pearl harbor's 75th anniversary basketball event (just 1 game) for a probable december 7th matchup against seton hall which defeated xavier twice & national champions villanova en route to a 25-9 season...the pirates will be without isaiah whitehead (18.2 ppg) who has declared for the nba draft but return almost everyone else in what will be a brutal pac 12 vs big east battle

the bears had better have their heads in the sand when on the beaches of waikiki in order to stay focused on the pirates & not them curvy brunette yoga females from academically mediocre beach schools that wanna date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads...there are unsubstantiated reports that roman davis is already studying language learning tapes in order to learn how to speak hawiaaian before the trip to the islands & sammy singer is loading up on the sun tan lotion so he don't look like a red azz lobster again, that dude does not tan well, not at all

the ncca allows 13 preseason games, there are 8 home games at haas pavilion listed above, the road game to gonzaga & the neutral site games vs san diego state & seton hall for a total of 11 semi announced games...the full schedule will not be officially released until all 13 games are finalized, the bears will be ranked in the national top 20 heading into the preseason

do you got your season tix(s) for haas pavilion for the 2016 cal basketball season with ivan rabb, the potential future #1 draft selection of the 2017 nba draft?




aloha (let's take a selfie)#
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842689000 said:

young ivee also told me at the banquet that he was excited about drake's new album dropping earlier that day, drake is his favorite artist along with j cole & future for getting amped up on gamedays

so what does ivan think now?


brenden glapion, on the other hand, thinks its drake 2nd best album ever after take care


musical opinions are like dumb azzs, everybody got one


]

drake can't ball (except dominik)#


what is young ivee listening to during his epic s&c workouts on his journey to 229 lbs & #1 selection in the 2017 nba draft?


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBKLP1Hh9yQ&feature=youtu.be

wake the **** up (sleep is for losers)#
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom;842695527 said:

It amazes me that you have the gall to rip people as you do.


despite a strong returning nucleus of experienced players & a silent commit from jakop poeltl, mike montgomery decided to retire due to the following 3 external (other than his advancing age) factors:

1) aau ball & the absolutely evil/corrupt (dana altman is a ******* criminal) recruitment of idrissa diallo
2) mike weinberger, a worthless bureaucrat
3) the shove
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, go ahead and tell the diallo-Altman story, then.
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[SIZE=5]is it possible?[/SIZE]





Jeff82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UrsaMajor;842695506 said:

You're right, of course, that the facility will need to be fully funded before construction. However, I fear that your faith in Dircks (whom I consider a friend, btw) is misplaced. His power on campus right now is nil. He barely escaped a vote of no confidence by the faculty, and is hanging onto his job by his fingernails. Only the fear of a total vacuum (with the provost, VC for business and finance, law school dean, and other top administrators either gone or interim) has kept the Regents from firing him. Unfortunately, he can't do **** right now on campus (and this is from someone who likes him personally).


Interesting. That would be too bad if he gets dumped, as he appeared to be supportive of sports, and was willing to put whatever influence he had in play, as opposed to Tien, who professed to be a fan, but would not actually go to bat for IAD at all, as I understand it.
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
yeah, t-wall is my favorite author of them curvy brunette yoga female books re: ms alcantar

http://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/prospect-qa-tyrone-wallace-052516

Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mikecohen;842694706 said:

Hopefully last question: Why would cal guys that got flat stomachs & that like to shop with curvy brunette yoga females from cal, stanford & ivy league schools want to date and marry females from academically mediocre schools?


is this even a question?...it's something in your veins




just ask t-wall#
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
let's be real here, the cal's monster class is an invaluable source of priceless information for current & prospective cal student athletes

you don't believe me?

t-wall's social life prior to reading the cal monster class thread...his lipstick is kinda fuschia but that's not the point here


t-wall's girlfriend ms alcantar after reading the cal monster class thread re: the beauty of them curvy brunette yoga females


looking at these 2 fotos, can you see the impact of the cal's monster class upon ty-wren?

"it was a promise to my grandfather (charles james johnson) who passed away, so for me to be the first in the family to get that degree, i think it shows my siblings and younger family and relatives that they can go to school and get a degree, it's not all about sports or anything like that...so i think that's why i'm getting my degree"
-tyrone wallace

the above is totally not true, it's all about that curvy brunette yoga girlfriend ms alcantar, right t-wall?




50 year decision#
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
marcus, nobody gonna love you like your moms




50 year investment (own apple)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including antioch & silicone valley)
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"hype won't save you"

-jaylen brown, realist

Shocky1;842677957 said:

"heavy is the head that wears the crown"

-jaylen brown, noted philosopher & life coach




natural order of everything#
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
north carolina state's duo brothers cody & caleb martin (semi scheduled for berkeley visits a month ago) are now commitments to nevada
goldmountain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842695907 said:

north carolina state's duo brothers cody & caleb martin (semi scheduled for berkeley visits a month ago) are now commitments to nevada


Yanni at work ?
parentswerebears
How long do you want to ignore this user?
goldmountain;842695928 said:

Yanni at work ?


My guess is yes and it seems like they have been very busy in Reno. Glad my hometown team is building something there.
calfanz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal is not in any pre-conference tourney this year?
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
calfanz;842695938 said:

Cal is not in any pre-conference tourney this year?


not gonna happen
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
goldmountain;842695928 said:

Yanni at work ?


yes, coach martin recruited the martin brothers while at tennessee & they were briefly on cal's radar this year...yann knew these guys

nevada will be a powerhouse in the mountain west conference this season with the return of cameron oliver (13.4 ppg & 9.1 rpg) to campus after declaring initially for the nba draft...oliver was recruited by hard working gregg gottlieb during the summer before his senior year & the cal staff outlined an academic game plan that would be necessary for admissions to cal that was never followed thru by cameron...he then signed with oregon state but was a ncca non qualifier...it was cal's sacramento recruitment of both oliver & malik pope (almost zero academic ambition, good fit at san diego state) that made me realize that the cal's monster class needed to bring more gpa transparency to the process

huf also recruited devearl ramsey while at cal for a while when he led his sierra caynon team to a state championship at haas pavilion...but devearl is a low gpa guy & now he's gonna be ballin' out in reno next season

congrats to former cal academic washout kaileb rodriguez who graduated from reno 2 weeks ago & is now leaving the wolfpack as a graduate transfer to his 4th school, sometimes it's all about fit, cal isn't for everybody

not sure if it makes sense for huf to bring a lawsuit against cal in that he's likely to be the next head basketball coach at nevada reno...former nba head coach eric musselman is currently making $400k & will be one of the most coveted college head coaches next season after nevada makes waves on the court this season, he'll be gone after this 2nd season...yann has been publicly supported by both musselman & the prez of nevada reno marc johnson...the only complicating factor in his being named head coach is the recent addition of former unlv head coach dave rice but like musselman he might bolt too after this season...huf is making $90k in reno (with a much lower cost of living than the berkeley) vs the just south of $200k at cal so there won't be any loss of future compensation after being terminated by cal if he's named the head coach at nevada reno

good luck to huf, yann made some serious documented mistakes (and so did that equally out of control slut xxxx) & seasons change, it's never healthy to live in the past (just ask gatsby)...it's time for everyone to ascend forward


LACalFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842695946 said:



good luck to huf, yann made some serious documented mistakes (and so did that equally out of control slut xxxx) & seasons change, it's never healthy to live in the past (just ask gatsby)...it's time for everyone to ascend forward





"Slut"? How so, didn't she deny Huff? From the sounds of what went down, a flirt or tease seems way more appropriate. Huff on the other hand.....yeesh.
mikecohen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LACalFan;842695988 said:

"Slut"? How so, didn't she deny Huff? From the sounds of what went down, a flirt or tease seems way more appropriate. Huff on the other hand.....yeesh.


The worst thing one can say about what went down between them was that it was high school dating embarrassment stupidity. The worst thing one can say about her was that, without any real detriment to her, beyond having to go a step further in turning down an incompetent pass, she decided to take that minor aggravation and use a tool designed to redress centuries of the most awful brutality against women in order to throw a wrecking ball into a number of innocent lives (not to mention screwing with the basketball program in a way that makes me glad that Cuonzo is at the helm, because he's strong enough to deal with life throwing really bad s__t at you - much worse than this). Yeah: Slut is an inappropriate word because it's an insult to women's sexuality with horrifying implications despite its juvenile tone. I suspect Shocky used it, inappropriately and probably un-carefully, as trying to find the worst insult that he could throw at her - the logic would be that, in PLAYING the injured victim in this destructive, disingenuous and inappropriate way in the dynamite of sexual harrassment, she was selling her sexuality in a way that the term "slut" is meant to disparage. Just for the record, though, I don't support his use of the word because I regard it as As Bad as or Worse Than the "N" word, for the same reasons. And, FWIW, I've been wanting to say that, similarly (if anyone should care), I am offended by Drake's liberal use of the "N" word, because his Canadian, mixed-race, middle class self is far enough away from the real oppression represented by that word that, as he uses it, it becomes weak, stylistic affectation - i.e., playing at being one of those guys whose oppressed and dangerous upbringings makes the word stand for real, life-and-death danger to them, and something majorly to be overcome in their lives - one way or the other.
SFBearz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mikecohen;842695993 said:

The worst thing one can say about what went down between them was that it was high school dating embarrassment stupidity. The worst thing one can say about her was that, without any real detriment to her, beyond having to go a step further in turning down an incompetent pass, she decided to take that minor aggravation and use a tool designed to redress centuries of the most awful brutality against women in order to throw a wrecking ball into a number of innocent lives (not to mention screwing with the basketball program in a way that makes me glad that Cuonzo is at the helm, because he's strong enough to deal with life throwing really bad s__t at you - much worse than this). Yeah: Slut is an inappropriate word because it's an insult to women's sexuality with horrifying implications despite its juvenile tone. I suspect Shocky used it, inappropriately and probably un-carefully, as trying to find the worst insult that he could throw at her - the logic would be that, in PLAYING the injured victim in this destructive, disingenuous and inappropriate way in the dynamite of sexual harrassment, she was selling her sexuality in a way that the term "slut" is meant to disparage. Just for the record, though, I don't support his use of the word because I regard it as As Bad as or Worse Than the "N" word, for the same reasons. And, FWIW, I've been wanting to say that, similarly (if anyone should care), I am offended by Drake's liberal use of the "N" word, because his Canadian, mixed-race, middle class self is far enough away from the real oppression represented by that word that, as he uses it, it becomes weak, stylistic affectation - i.e., playing at being one of those guys whose oppressed and dangerous upbringings makes the word stand for real, life-and-death danger to them, and something majorly to be overcome in their lives - one way or the other.


Shorter version: it's sexist and extremely ugly.
Page 4 of 186
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.