cal's monster class deux

1,376,253 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
young ivee is day to day, expected to return to full practices soon
Shocky1

washington gives up 103 points in defeating western washington 108-103

no d (again) in seattle=misssing ncca tournament for the 6th year in a row + declining attendance=travis decuire as the next head coach of the huskies
Shocky1
former cal commit/oregon transfer ahmaad rorie scored 27 points in montana's exhibition victory

ahmaad is a true student with athlete who got a 3.8 gpa in high school but coach martin made the right program/culture decisions on both rorie & idrissa diallo, both guys are too inwardly focused to have been good fits for the cal basketball program

good luck to ahmaad, he'll be coached up in missoula by my man td
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]cal exhibition warm up tonight
season opener next week[/SIZE]

Shocky1
[video=youtube;vV2wBIeopXY][/video]

what's gonna be arguably the most treasured memorabilia item in the history of cal athletics?

yeah that would be the marshawn bobblehead remembering his ghostriding the whip after the washington game, are you gonna be in memorial stadium this saturday nite to get your beast mode collector item?

or are you stoopid?:headbang

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including oaktown)
HoopDreams
per espn:

Stevens elevated Brown, the No. 3 pick in June's draft, to Crowder's starting spot Thursday. That meant matching him up early and often with James.

Brown didn't just embrace the challenge, he held his own, including forcing James into an early miss. Offensively, Brown was aggressive going at the basket. Five of his eight field goals came at the rim, and that included a second-quarter drive in which he got James leaning with a pump fake at the 3-point arc, then won a foot race to the charge circle before delivering a two-handed jam.

Brown finished with a career-high 19 points on 8-of-16 shooting with five rebounds, three steals, two assists and a block... Brown was a team-best plus-15 in plus/minus; no regular was even close to that number.

After the final buzzer, James sought out Brown and offered some words of advice.

"I'm not going to tell you what I told him. If he wants to bring it up, that's fine," James said. "But I think he's a really good talent and that's why he was drafted so high. He's a strong kid. You can see he knows how to play the game."

[video=youtube;GDGkS_OHTOs][/video]
Shocky1
Shocky1
warning: do not watch the following explosive highlight reel of kenny wooten if you got any heart medical conditions or something like that, you've been warned
[video=youtube;60i4nitRuSw][/video]

Shocky1;842753623 said:

not so fast there, shocky, kenny wooten (still no cal offer but significant interest from the staff, still needs to be cleared by cal admissions with an improved academic profile) is working hard in the classroom to improve his gpa/transcripts & will be officially visiting berkeley this december...wooten will also officially visit kansas & asu in december too

kenny is a highly skilled with marcus lee athleticism 6'9" 200 lbs impact player that would start next season for the bears as either a mismatch nightmare 3 or as a perimeter stretch 4 with marcus lee sliding to the 5 in small ball...cal is the closest hometown school with respect to his family & friends being able to support him in person on gamedays

wooten is a legit 5 star prospect & will receive an actionable arizona offer if brandon mccoy don't commit to the wildcats, he currently has offers from usc, asu, unlv, kansas, oregon & san diego state and interest from ucla

check out this link re: kenny's interesting path to trinity international school in las vegas...most importantly kenny got good hair

http://www.modbee.com/sports/high-school/article76833727.html

the bear will not quit, the bear will not die, the bear will not sleep (on the recruiting trails)#
south bender
HoopDreams;842755178 said:

per espn:

Stevens elevated Brown, the No. 3 pick in June's draft, to Crowder's starting spot Thursday. That meant matching him up early and often with James.

Brown didn't just embrace the challenge, he held his own, including forcing James into an early miss. Offensively, Brown was aggressive going at the basket. Five of his eight field goals came at the rim, and that included a second-quarter drive in which he got James leaning with a pump fake at the 3-point arc, then won a foot race to the charge circle before delivering a two-handed jam.

Brown finished with a career-high 19 points on 8-of-16 shooting with five rebounds, three steals, two assists and a block... Brown was a team-best plus-15 in plus/minus; no regular was even close to that number.

After the final buzzer, James sought out Brown and offered some words of advice.

"I'm not going to tell you what I told him. If he wants to bring it up, that's fine," James said. "But I think he's a really good talent and that's why he was drafted so high. He's a strong kid. You can see he knows how to play the game."

[video=youtube;GDGkS_OHTOs][/video]

Great to hear!
Shocky1
south bender;842755268 said:

Great to hear!

agreed, it's my understanding that lebron told jaylen in private that in retrospect he wished he had attended the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world & had become mentally limitless

Shocky1;842695582 said:

http://theundefeated.com/features/jaylen-brown-the-2016-nba-drafts-renaissance-man/

https://tribeakashic.bandcamp.com/track/keep-me-company-feat-master-wendu-tae-haru-prod-har-yasu

this is cal basketball (dare to be different)#
Shocky1
national recruiting analyst eric bossi (who lives in olathe kansas) belives troy has made a decision & that his sources are telling him it's between kansas & oregon with ohio state as the wildcard & that brown got no academic ambition

real talk, cal isn't for everyone...as for bossi, he a bozo

Shocky1;842651225 said:

so you're saying it's not over, that there really is gonna be a sequel to man on fire?

who knew

losing a basketball game is kinda like getting dumped, you are emotionally damaged goods & you think about what you could've done differently to change the outcome...yeah the shockster was pretty upset after the virginia game, i failed to create enough energy for the team that nite in charlottesville

but you gotta go forward, there's no point in looking backwards & sometimes the solution is right in front of you

Shocky1
[video=youtube;AAXdhY12uAg][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;_ZJDu4TdWWY][/video]
Shocky1
yeah beast mode is gonna make a grand entrance tonite at memorial stadium & yeah the bobblehead is for free

Shocky1;842755177 said:

[video=youtube;vV2wBIeopXY][/video]

what's gonna be arguably the most treasured memorabilia item in the history of cal athletics?

yeah that would be the marshawn bobblehead remembering his ghostriding the whip after the washington game, are you gonna be in memorial stadium this saturday nite to get your beast mode collector item?

or are you stoopid?:headbang

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including oaktown)
HoopDreams

[SIZE=6]SI's 201617 preseason All-America Team
FIRST TEAM[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]FORWARD: IVAN RABB
6' 11" SOPHOMORE, CAL[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Projected raw stats: 18.3 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 1.1 apg
Projected advanced stats: 119.7 Offensive Rating on 26% usage

No player looks more ready to make the leap from freshman role player to sophomore star than Rabb, who passed on the chance to be a first-round pick in the 2016 NBA draft. He's the major-conference big man whom SI projects to average closest to 20 points and 10 rebounds per game, on a Cal team that's top-20 quality.[/SIZE]

Shocky1
talking to the avis gate guy at the oakland airport about the marshawn bobblehead & he told me that beast mode always returns his car full of smoke (and not marlboros)...1st time beast mode complains about the extra $250 cleaning charge, now he just tells them when he returns the vehicle to put it on the card

sat in same aisle as coach wyking on the morning southwest flight from phx, good guy/hard worker...asked him who would win a free throw contest between kam, king & marcus, he smiled & said kam

free throws matter#
south bender
Shocky1;842755623 said:

talking to the avis gate guy at the oakland airport about the marshawn bobblehead & he told me that beast mode always returns his car full of smoke (and not marlboros)...1st time beast mode complains about the extra $250 cleaning charge, now he just tells them when he returns the vehicle to put it on the card

sat in same aisle as coach wyking on the morning southwest flight from phx, good guy/hard worker...asked him who would win a free throw contest between kam, king & marcus, he smiled & said kam

free throws matter#

That Kam shoots better than the other two is no great compliment.
HoopDreams
HoopDreams
[SIZE=4]word out is troy will commit to either oregon or kansas this week.
troy might surprise us all, and pick up the Cal hat, but more than likely, this ship has sailed.

too bad, as Martin would have coached him up, and been a mentor for life[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Marshawn Lynch gets top billing over UW Browning in ESPN post-game interview[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;uu0zw8J3rhU][/video]

Shocky1
[video=youtube;y2ak_oBeC-I][/video]

attended today's practice/scrimmage at the gold gym & also the team get together with current & former players in the haas room:

*****young ivee made a point of coming over & saying hello, he told me expects to play in the bears opening game on friday nite november 11th...in recovering from an injury when a st marys player landed on his foot/ankle during the scrimmage, he did not practice today (the bears have tomorrow off) & he will hopefully return to action on monday for practice...ivan ran on the sidelines with coach nic & worked on his 3 point shooting at a side basket...rabb told me he currently weighs 225 lbs

*****kameron rooks continues to demand the ball inside & develop his post interior moves building upon his 16 points in the exhibition game, this is shaping up to be a breakout season...kam told me he intends to double major in legal studies & now social welfare too which means he will return for a 5th season in 2017...this is a major positive development for the cal basketball program as kam could be the best offensive true center & a dominating force in the pac 12 by 2017

*****susanne rooks told me she shot 70%+ free throws back in the day in san diego, i asked coach martin with her present if he ever coached a player whose moms could shoot free throws better than her son...no wonder coach wants to keep me further afar

*****the bears beat the gaels by 4 in the non scoring/statistics scrimmage

*****a nba scout for the oklahoma city thunder told me he tripped to berkeley to check out jabari bird & marcus lee in addition to young ivee who he doesn't expect to still be on the board when the thunder get their 1st round selection in the 2017 nba draft

*****cole welle told me he got a concussion during the st marys scrimmage which resulted in him rescheduling several of his class exams

*****brandon chauca got a hard cast on his left shooting hand & told me he's gonna be out 4-5 weeks, this is a determined young man who will do great things in life

*****stephen domingo continues his confident shooting with several nba 3 pointers during the scrimmage

*****roman davis did not put up 500+ shots (like jemarl baker & trevin knell) every day this summer & he's still got crooked azz shooting despite being the bears most athletic talent...roman, what are your priorities & how badly do you want this?...do you wanna work your azz off (and reach your vast upside potential in basketball) or do you just wanna get a lot of ass?

*****roger moute a bidias told me he spent part of the summer at his big bro's nba crib in los angeles...roger's shooting is significantly improved over his 1st year in berkeley as he knocks down open 3 pointers in addition to being clearly the team's best defender/chaser against opposing elite guards & wings

*****the final segment of the practice/scrimmage was a video review of the exhibition game with players writing down key stuff in a notebook

*****south dakota state has a new head coach (and scheme) & they haven't sent the video of their recent exhibition game yet with the sorry broken down azz excuse that it's not available...let's be real here, they are trying to game the bears

*****in addition to the maui classic next season the bears out of conference road schedule will include games at san diego state & seattle university (scheduled by the prior staff)...don't expect the bears to play at st marys (unless it's a scrimmage) anytime soon although the staff is receptive to games with the gaels at haas pavilion or a neutral site

*****dontae coleman introduced himself to me as don & told me he hasn't played augusta national golf club, he plays with a chip on his shoulder (which is a good thing)

*****jabari bird told me he's ready for his senior leadership role this season & that he could've graduated this december in 3 and a half years but he's gonna take 1 class in the evening during the spring to allow him to focus on leading the bears & then preparing for the nba combine...jb's high school coach & former bear bill mellis dropped by & gave the bird man a warm welcome...mellis told me javid best continues to financially give back to salesian high school

*****nick hamilton, the smartest bear of them all, told me he will graduate this year with an undergraduate degree & then complete a 2 year graduate program...nick has put in work on his perimeter shot & it showed up in the shooting drills, he is already a physical defender

*****grad school coach nick kerr said hello & competed with the yellow jerseys squad vs the starters, last season nick made sure to invite every california golden bear to a golden state warriors game...kerr got an exceptional basketball mind & hopefully the staff will listen to him re: his offensive flow suggestions, this team lacks a dna/offensive identity right now with young ivee not practiciing

*****t-wall told me he's gonna play for the utah jazz development team in the 50 game nba schedule...his curvy brunette yoga female girlfriend ms alcantar is not pressuring him for a ring (at this time)...there are 3 levels of contracts in the nba development league & tryone is an "a player" (the highest possible level) which means he will be paid slightly above the poverty line...he's adjusting to living in salt lake city

*****michael chavez, buzzy butler & bob lord were doing the hang with kevin johnson's biz manager michael bernstein

*****wes howell former cal basketball & football dual athlete is now an aau coach in sacramento...he told me that jordan brown, the #2 ranked player in the 2018 class, will probably stay local for college because his dad's preference is not to fly, that could be a deal breaker for the family's potential consideration of kentucky, kansas, arizona & ucla

*****marcus lee got a good free throw shooting form (he struggled from the charity stripe at kentucky) & told me he's gonna shoot 87% as a senior in 2017...coach nic told me marcus currently weighs 219 lbs which is solid improvement since being measured at 211 lbs at 2016 nba combine...lee runs the floor hard & plays with elite nba hops, he could lead the nation in blocked shots in 2017

*****kingsley okoroh told me he loves the san francisco bay area & hopes to stay local after his college days...the king told me his family visited from darby & met his curvy brunette yoga female girlfriend that he brought to the team banquet at the end of last season, in my humble opinion she is one of the best looking females (she is of honduras descent) at the university of california, berkeley but what do i know...the king also told me that compared to his teammates he's a "lower level" activity video game player, gave him a fist bump for that for sure glad to hear he's not a video game zombie like them bozos

*****coach martin stayed close to watch both kam & the king during the free throw segment of practice & encouraged them while team manager lucas recorded their results on each free throw

*****coach o'toole is insane, he basically beats the **** out of the post guys with the cushion pad during post interior drills, finishing during games thru contact is gonna be less painful than in practice

*****grant mullins got a pure shooting stroke from behind the 3 point line & is an undersized scrappy defender with 100% effort, it would make sense to limit his minutes to protect against injury...grant told me his sister (who graduated from harvard) & his girlfriend (who is still at columbia) live in the bay area which were factors in his decision to select cal over actionable offers from both syracuse & michigan...mullins got a little bit of a canadian accent, eh

*****sam singer told me he will be more assertive this season, that his classwork in the haas biz is going well & that he'd like to play professional ball overseas upon his graduation from cal...his preference for down the road would be to live in the san francisoco bay area & not return to miami

*****best passes during the scrimmage were distributed/facilitated by charlie moore...charlie got a pure 3 point shot & can also finish with the running floater, he plays on the floor with vision, purpose & confidence

*****former cal (under coach montgomery) & then washington state s&c coach scott thom is now the head coach at the college of marin & brought his guys to observe the intensity level of cal's practice

*****very disappointed did not get to meet & speak with koko, hopefully next time

*****derek king is a solidly built jc guy that used to play against brenden glapion back in the day...derek told me he's a mutt with chinese & taiwanese parents

*****brenden glapion has lost 12 lbs & is working in the city for a large cal donor while studying for the lsat & yeah he asked about taylor

*****the food at the banquet was unrecognizable dog food, not exactly nobu malibu, the shockster passed on this unhealthy deal

*****shout out to the relentlessly hard working marcus green for giving me a ghost ride from haas pavilion to memorial stadium in the beast mode golf cart, didn't need to get an uber helicopter

and if they ask you where you live, point to the hills & you can go all the way up

cal is a basketball school#:gobears:
NVBear78
Shocky1;842755623 said:

free throws matter#

Sorry to say but the Free Throws I saw Kam shoot on Thursday still had virtually no rotation. Haven't ever seen a high FT percentage shooting knuckleballs...
89Bear
Shocky1;842756596 said:

attended today's practice/scrimmage at the gold gym & also the team get together with current & former players in the haas room:

*****young ivee made a point of coming over & saying hello, he told me expects to play in the bears opening game on friday nite november 11th...in recovering from an injury when a st marys player landed on his foot/ankle during the scrimmage, he did not practice today (the bears have tomorrow off) & he will hopefully return to action on monday for practice...ivan ran on the sidelines with coach nic & worked on his 3 point shooting at a side basket...rabb told me he currently weighs 225 lbs

*****kameron rook continues to demand the ball inside & develop his post interior moves building upon his 16 points in the exhibition game, this is shaping up to be a breakout season...kam told me he intends to double major in legal studies & now social welfare too which means he will return for a 5th season in 2017...this is a major positive development for the cal basketball program as kam could be the best offensive true center & a dominating force in the pac 12 by 2017

*****susanne rooks told me she shot 70%+ free throws back in the day in san diego, i asked coach martin with her present if he ever coached a player whose moms could shoot free throws better than her son...no wonder coach wants to keep me further afar

*****a nba scout for the oklahoma city thunder told me he's in berkeley to check out jabari bird & marcus lee in addition to young ivee who he doesn't expect to still be on the board when the thunder get their 1st round pick in the 2017 nba draft

*****cole welle told me he got a concussion during the st marys scrimmage which resulted in him rescheduling several of his class exams

*****brandon chauca got a hard cast on his left shooting hand & told me he's gonna be out 4-5 weeks, this is a determined young man who will do great things in life

*****stephen domingo continues his confident shooting with several nba 3 pointers during the scrimmage

*****roman davis did not put up 500+ shots (like jemarl baker & trevin knell) every day this summer & he's still got crooked azz shooting despite being the bears most athletic talent...roman, what are your priorities & how badly do you want this?

*****roger moute a bidias told me he spent part of the summer at his big bro's nba crib in los angeles...roger's shooting is significantly improved over his 1st year in berkeley as he knocks down open 3 pointers in addition to being clearly the team's best defender/chaser against opposing elite guards & wings

*****south dakota state has a new head coach (and scheme) & they haven't sent the video of their recent exhibition game yet with the sorry broken down azz excuse it's not available

*****in addition to the maui classic next season the bears out of conference road schedule will include games at san diego state & seattle university (scheduled by the prior staff)...don't expect the bears to play at st marys (unless it's a scrimmage) anytime soon although the staff is receptive to games at haas pavilion or a neutral site

*****dontae coleman introduced himself to me as don & told me he hasn't played augusta national golf club, he plays with a chip on his shoulder (which is a good thing)

*****jabari bird told me he's ready for his senior leadership role this season & that he could've graduated this december in 3 and a half years but he's gonna take 1 class in the evening during the spring to focus on leading the bears & then preparing for the nba combine...jb's high school coach & former bear bill mellis dropped by & gave the bird man a warm welcome...mellis told me javid best continues to financially give back to salesian high school

*****nick hamilton, the smartest bear of them all, told me he will graduate this year with an undergraduate degree & then complete a 2 year graduate program...nick has put in work on his perimeter shot & it showed up in the shooting drills

*****t-wall told me he's gonna play for the utah jazz development team in the 50 game nba schedule...his curvy brunette yoga female girlfriend ms alcantar is not pressuring him for a ring (at this time)...there are 3 levels of contracts in the nba development league & tryone is an "a player" which means he will be paid slightly above the poverty line...he's adjusting to living in salt lake city

*****michael chavez & bob lord were doing the hang with kevin johnson's biz manager michael bernstein

*****wes howell former cal basketball & football dual athlete is now an aau coach in sacramento...he told me that jordan brown, the #2 ranked player in the 2018 class, will probably stay local for college because his dad's preference is not to fly, that could be a deal breaker for the family's potential consideration of kentucky, kansas, arizona & ucla

*****marcus lee got a good free throw shooting form (he struggled from the charity stripe at kentucky) & told me he's gonna shoot 87% as a senior in 2017...coach nic told me marcus currently weighs 220 lbs which is solid improvement since being measured at 211 lbs at 2016 nba combine...lee plays with elite nba hops, he could lead the nation in blocked shots in 2017

*****kingsly okoroh told me he loves the san francisco bay area & hopes to stay local after his college days...the king told me his family visited from darby & met his curvy brunette yoga female girlfriend that he brought to the banquet last year, in my humble opinion she is the best looking female (she is of honduras descent) at the university of california, berkeley but what do i know...the king also told me that compared to his teammates he's a "lower level" activity video game player, gave him a fist bump for that for sure glad to hear he's not a video game zombie like them bozos

*****coach martin stayed close to watch both kam & the king during the free throw segment of practice & encouraged them

*****coach o'toole is insane, he basically beats the **** out of the post guys with the cushion pad during post interior drills, finishing during games thru contact is gonna be less painful than in practice

*****grant mullins got a pure shooting stroke from behind the 3 point line & is an undersized scrappy defender with 100% effort, it would make sense to limit his minutes to protect against injury...grant told me his sister (who graduated from harvard) & his girlfriend (who is still at columbia) live in the bay area which were factors in his decision to select cal over offers from both syracuse & michigan...mullins got a little bit of a canadian accent, eh

*****sam singer told me he will be more assertive this season, that his classwork in the haas biz is going well & that he'd like to play professional ball overseas upon his graduation from cal...his preference for down the road would be to live in the san francisoco bay area & not return to miami

*****best passes during the scrimmage were distributed/facilitated by charlie moore...charlie got a pure 3 point shot & can also finish with the running floater

*****former cal (under coach montgomery) & then washington state s&c coach scott thom is now the head coach the college of marin & brought his guys to observe the intensity level of cal's practice

*****derek king is a solidly built jc guy that used to play against brenden glapion back in the day...derek told me he's a mutt with chinese & taiwanese parents

*****brenden glapion has lost 12 lbs & is working in the city for a large cal donor while studying for the lsat & yeah he asked about taylor

*****the food at the banquet was unrecognizable dog food, not exactly nobu malibu, the shockster passed on this unhealthy deal

*****shout out to marcus green for giving me a ghost ride from haas pavilion to memorial stadium in the beast mode golf cart

and if they ask you where you live, point to the hills & you can go all the way up

Loved reading this. Thanks!
Shocky1

the king of darby#:bravo
Shocky1

while i await departure from sfo for a 14+ hour flight to new zealand to check out the stunning new tara iti (north of auckland on coastal beachfront property, i'm traveling at the invitation of architect tom doak as its a serious candidate for inclusion in the 2017 golf magazine world top 100 rankings that i serve as an international ratings panelist), now is a good time to tell you again re: the worst thing i ever did at cal

Shocky1;842433018 said:

this isn't gonna be a pretty story

yeah, i graduated with the gold phi beta kappa key from the haas biz school, etc. but that doesn't mean my unvarnished blind ambition didn't cause me to do stuff that was wrong

so i wrote a paper for bibliography 128, children's literature, and in rereading it felt it was a technically sound paper but that it lacked interest for the reader...so i totally fabricated & included the following opening paragraph:

"I must confess that I was made uneasy to see Anne Franks's The Diary of a Young Girl on the reading list for this class. Seeing the title on the list raised several burning questions in my mind. Why had I never read this famous book? Why had my father (after a heated and lengthy debate with my mother behind closed doors) removed this work off my bookshelf as a child? It seemed to me that the answers to these questions were somehow linked to my now deceased grandfather. Although my parents never talk about him, I remembered from various bits of information pieced together that Grandpa was a figure of dubious distinction in Hitler's brass during WWII. So I was forced to think. Why were my parents, particularly my father, so reluctant to talk about my grandfather? Could the answers to my grandfather's cloudy role in Germany during WWII be found in The Diary of a Young Girl which was so mysteriously taken off my bookshelf as a child?''

and i also rewrote the following closing paragraph:

"But despite her difficult and sometimes cruel life, Anne Frank did not feel sorry for herself and she never gave up. This is a worthwhile message for both adults and children alike. All in all, The Diary of a Young Girl is a sensitive, well written, and compelling self-portrait of a brave and spirited young girl, that at least for me, will always hold a special place on my bookshelf."

absolutely none of this is true...although i have a german last name, nobody in my family has ever had any connections with any racist groups...i grew up in a culturally mixed family that celebrates individuality & diversity...my dad's sister met her jewish husband while they both were at cal

so what did my teachers say in grading the paper?

the professor: "This a fine review, not only perceptive in its commentary but in itself very well written. I hope you will keep on writing, perhaps professionally? A+"

the teaching assistant: "Your paper was very perceptive and moving because the book had a great impact on you. Though you did not generalize about non-fiction, you approached this particular book in a sensitive and understanding way. Thank you for sharing this highly personal and emotional reaction-it was very important for me personally as an Isreali jew, well versed in the literature of the holocaust, to read your reaction to the subject. The book has made you think, grow up, seek further information, and if it has instilled in you the determination not to let the horrible and shameful history repeat itself, then it has served the purpose Anne's father had when he published her diary. A+"

i'm a flawed person but i know i need to set the record straight even if it means that i'm gonna flunk the class so i go to the ta's office hours

i walk in the door & i'm blown away...she (mid to late 20s) is the cutest girl on earth (petite & curvy brunette with sparkling eyes & a dazzling smile) & we talk/laugh for about an hour about our favorite authors, recent concerts & the personalities of dogs...but i never tell her my paper is full of ****, i can't stand the thought of her hating me so quickly

so i ask her if she would like to go bike riding with me at muir woods & stinson beach that weekend (with the idea that i would tell her the truth & also see her in a bikini) & she tells me she would love to go out with me but that the university code of professional standards does not allow teachers to date students

i don't give up that easily so i suggest we bring our dogs, surely there can be no policy against our dogs hanging out together, right?

she looks at me with sad eyes & tells me "this isn't going to happen, it can't happen" and we say our goodbyes

fast forward to this summer & i take my daughters shay & taylor to anne frank's house in amsterdam...i write & leave a note to both anne frank & the teacher's assistant apologizing for my actions

don't be a dumb azz (talking to you, roman)#

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1jy6u_bread-aubrey_music
HoopDreams
concordtom
Shocky1;842756596 said:

[video=youtube;y2ak_oBeC-I]

This post is definitely in the Top 1% of all your posts, and may be the absolute #1 post of all!
Good stuff.
Thank you.
* Best bit was Rooks staying for next year. I'm really happy to hear that!
* I also very much enjoyed reading about how Don Coleman introduced himself. I guess we won't be hearing about more of the prior BS on that subject. Good for you, Don!
* Too bad about Cole and Chauca injuries! Ouch!
* Lee will have to stay out of foul trouble in order to lead the nation in blocks. How about "blocks per minute" - I'll go that far with you, cause I think he got into foul trouble at Kentucky? Or maybe I'm just have K2 flashbacks.
* Agree with you about Moute's D. He's long, quick, and works hard! Best of luck to him for his senior season!!! I imagine he must be quite interesting to talk to. Probably if you were to have dinner with any of the guys, he'd be the best company, conversation. For starters, he's a prince (?) from Cameroon - lots to listen to there, and it's simply a different cultural perspective. But, again, he also comes across as an intelligent gentleman in the interviews I've seen.

Again, nice post, Mr. Shocky!
concordtom
Shocky1;842756908 said:

while i await departure from sfo for a 14+ hour flight to new zealand to check out the stunning new tara iti (north of auckland on coastal beachfront property, i'm traveling at the invitation of architect tom doak as its a serious candidate for inclusion in the 2017 golf magazine world top 100 rankings that i serve as an international ratings panelist), now is a good time to tell you

You gonna make it back in time for Friday's game?
mikecohen
89Bear;842756671 said:

Loved reading this. Thanks!

+1
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]there is a certain edge when a basketball clangs as it goes through a chain net...
...you gotta play lots of street ball to know what I mean[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]...but the sweetest sound in basketball is when a ball goes all net in Haas Pavilion

Will you be listening this Friday, November 11 at Cal?[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Kristine with 20 points in exhibition blow out of Westmont[/SIZE]

oskidunker
Excellent post. Is Mullen an adequate replacement fo Matthews?
From what I have seen, might be 70%.
89Bear
Shocky1;842756596 said:

*****kameron rooks continues to demand the ball inside & develop his post interior moves building upon his 16 points in the exhibition game, this is shaping up to be a breakout season...kam told me he intends to double major in legal studies & now social welfare too which means he will return for a 5th season in 2017...this is a major positive development for the cal basketball program as kam could be the best offensive true center & a dominating force in the pac 12 by 2017

*****a nba scout for the oklahoma city thunder told me he tripped to berkeley to check out jabari bird & marcus lee in addition to young ivee who he doesn't expect to still be on the board when the thunder get their 1st round selection in the 2017 nba draft

*****roman davis did not put up 500+ shots (like jemarl baker & trevin knell) every day this summer & he's still got crooked azz shooting despite being the bears most athletic talent...roman, what are your priorities & how badly do you want this?...do you wanna work your azz off (and reach your vast upside potential in basketball) or do you just wanna get a lot of ass?

*****the final segment of the practice/scrimmage was a video review of the exhibition game with players writing down key stuff in a notebook

*****south dakota state has a new head coach (and scheme) & they haven't sent the video of their recent exhibition game yet with the sorry broken down azz excuse that it's not available...let's be real here, they are trying to game the bears

*****in addition to the maui classic next season the bears out of conference road schedule will include games at san diego state & seattle university (scheduled by the prior staff)...don't expect the bears to play at st marys (unless it's a scrimmage) anytime soon although the staff is receptive to games with the gaels at haas pavilion or a neutral site

*****jabari bird told me he's ready for his senior leadership role this season & that he could've graduated this december in 3 and a half years but he's gonna take 1 class in the evening during the spring to allow him to focus on leading the bears & then preparing for the nba combine...jb's high school coach & former bear bill mellis dropped by & gave the bird man a warm welcome...mellis told me javid best continues to financially give back to salesian high school

*****nick hamilton, the smartest bear of them all, told me he will graduate this year with an undergraduate degree & then complete a 2 year graduate program...nick has put in work on his perimeter shot & it showed up in the shooting drills, he is already a physical defender

*****grad school coach nick kerr said hello & competed with the yellow jerseys squad vs the starters, last season nick made sure to invite every california golden bear to a golden state warriors game...kerr got an exceptional basketball mind & hopefully the staff will listen to him re: his offensive flow suggestions, this team lacks a dna/offensive identity right now with young ivee not practiciing

*****t-wall told me he's gonna play for the utah jazz development team in the 50 game nba schedule...his curvy brunette yoga female girlfriend ms alcantar is not pressuring him for a ring (at this time)...there are 3 levels of contracts in the nba development league & tryone is an "a player" (the highest possible level) which means he will be paid slightly above the poverty line...he's adjusting to living in salt lake city

*****michael chavez & bob lord were doing the hang with kevin johnson's biz manager michael bernstein

*****marcus lee got a good free throw shooting form (he struggled from the charity stripe at kentucky) & told me he's gonna shoot 87% as a senior in 2017...coach nic told me marcus currently weighs 219 lbs which is solid improvement since being measured at 211 lbs at 2016 nba combine...lee runs the floor hard & plays with elite nba hops, he could lead the nation in blocked shots in 2017

*****kingsley okoroh told me he loves the san francisco bay area & hopes to stay local after his college days...the king told me his family visited from darby & met his curvy brunette yoga female girlfriend that he brought to the team banquet at the end of last season, in my humble opinion she is one of the best looking females (she is of honduras descent) at the university of california, berkeley but what do i know...the king also told me that compared to his teammates he's a "lower level" activity video game player, gave him a fist bump for that for sure glad to hear he's not a video game zombie like them bozos

*****coach martin stayed close to watch both kam & the king during the free throw segment of practice & encouraged them while team manager lucas recorded their results on each free throw

*****grant mullins got a pure shooting stroke from behind the 3 point line & is an undersized scrappy defender with 100% effort, it would make sense to limit his minutes to protect against injury...grant told me his sister (who graduated from harvard) & his girlfriend (who is still at columbia) live in the bay area which were factors in his decision to select cal over actionable offers from both syracuse & michigan...mullins got a little bit of a canadian accent, eh

*****best passes during the scrimmage were distributed/facilitated by charlie moore...charlie got a pure 3 point shot & can also finish with the running floater, he plays on the floor with vision, purpose & confidence

*****former cal (under coach montgomery) & then washington state s&c coach scott thom is now the head coach at the college of marin & brought his guys to observe the intensity level of cal's practice

*****very disappointed did not get to meet & speak with koko, hopefully next time

*****shout out to the relentlessly hard working marcus green for giving me a ghost ride from haas pavilion to memorial stadium in the beast mode golf cart, didn't need to get an uber helicopter

This is a dangerous team. Can't wait for the 11th!!!
Shocky1
me & roger doing the hang after saturday's practice with jim (and no, he's not cole welle's grandfather which is what a lot of the his teammates mistakenly believe) who played on pete newell's championship, jim bleeds blue & gold and is an avid reader of cal's monster class

https://vimeo.com/45797764

cal basketball is timeless#:gobears:
Shocky1
concordtom;842756931 said:

You gonna make it back in time for Friday's game?

that's the plan, tight connections will be necessary
First Page Last Page
Page 48 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.