cal's monster class deux

1,375,878 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Syracuse lost an exhibition game a few years back and had a good season.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842758834 said:

elite sharpshooter/deferred cal 2019 enrolle trevin knell will sign his national letter of intent for the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world today at wood cross high school in the gym during lunch

"everyone is invited, there will be pizza and donuts"...that's just great, trevin, are you expecting sean miller to attend?

trevin, if the donut boy of tuscon shows up, make sure you got a variety box of them glazed maple bars with fuschia sprinkles, he's multiple that way

also ask him to leave his peds & other asthma medications in the glove box of his rental, ok?
Shocky1
happy b-day, nick:bravo

Shocky1;842683580 said:

taylor & i conversed with nick & steve kerr for 10 minutes in an empty haas pavilion while the rest of the crowd socialized & boozed it up in the lounge prior to the banquet

steve & i talked about where he lived in scottsdale & his favorite local restaurants when he coached the phx suns but more importantly we conversed re: our yoga practices (his studio is in berkeley), his favorite pose is the pigeon in that it helps him release his lower back

this was my 1st conversation with nick & he told me that he will serve as a graduate assistant next season for the bears while he completes his 2nd year of the public health graduate program

nick & i had a remarkable conversation in which we discussed why ivan rabb was underutilized in the low post, the passing challenges of this year's team & why the cal basketball team underachieved this season...nick is refreshingly candid & absolutely brutal in his assessments but he also got potential solutions...i'm not going to discuss the specifics of our conversation but i'm very optimistic that nick will share his thoughts with the coaches & the players, he had an up close view of the strengths & problems facing the cal basketball program this season

i've visited with quite a few nba scouts & coaches and i can tell you with confidence that nick kerr has an advanced basketball mind & a unique ability to strategize what steps need to be taken in the future to coach up this team's shortcomings

it will be very important for nick to remain edgy and outspoken & for coach martin & the older coaches to listen to kerr's input, he will be the hardest working graduate assistant in the united states, you can bank of that

dal9
Shocky1;842759034 said:

southern illinois edwardsville (6-22 last season) led by former cal assistant jon harris (now head coach) & former cal assistant of basketall operations tarrance crump (now assistant coach) lost an exhibition game 91-84 to some educational institution named mckendry

not gonna be easy#

better than losing just to a guy named mckendry
Shocky1
dal9;842759199 said:

better than losing just to a guy named mckendry

agreed
south bender
Shocky1;842758832 said:

.if you really want the cal basketball program to continue to move forward on its current upward trajectory you gotta be in the haas, watching cal basketball on tv is for losers/fake models...whining about our hard working staff not winning every recruiting battle against college basketball's establishment is pointless,

Shocky, consider that your whining about others' attending or not attending, at this stage, might be pointless. Your whining may now, given the notion of diminishing returns from overdoing something, be accomplishing nothing more than to annoy.

Unless I am out of the country, I never miss a game at Haas, and that goes back a while, to 1978. So your whining is not really directed at me. I just find it boring and overdone.

Go Bears! Hoping to see a lot of fans in the stands tomorrow night!
Shocky1
south bender;842759319 said:

Shocky, consider that your whining about others' attending or not attending, at this stage, might be pointless. Your whining may now, given the notion of diminishing returns from overdoing something, be accomplishing nothing more than to annoy.

Unless I am out of the country, I never miss a game at Haas, and that goes back a while, to 1978. So your whining is not really directed at me. I just find it boring and overdone.

Go Bears! Hoping to see a lot of fans in the stands tomorrow night!

south bender, you are a true california golden bear...if you told me you live at yellowstone national park i would believe you
concordtom
The last true California Golden Bear was last seen in the Santa Cruz mountains in 1936. They are extinct.
Shocky1
after playing 90 holes at tara iti golf club (north of auckland) & doing the hang with developer/billionaire ric kayne (stanford grad, good guy), my new zealand rankings are revised as follows:

1) cape kidnappers, tom doak's epic masterpiece with 1000 foot cliffs

2) tara iti, imaginative doak design thru the sand dunes with a tight walkable routing

3) kauri cliffs, julian robertson's visionary resort with a very good (but not great) design despite spectacular aesthetics

4) paraparamu beach, wellington's thinking man's understated gem with strategic options & quirky greensites

5) titirangi, alistar mackenzie's only design in new zealand follows the land with minimalist construction

shocky down under#:p
Shocky1
concordtom;842759323 said:

The last true California Golden Bear was last seen in the Santa Cruz mountains in 1936. They are extinct.

i disagree
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]...but S&C Coach Nicodemus Christopher can't be too happy with the pizza and donuts...
[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR="#000080"]Cal basketball is here![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=7][COLOR="#000080"]finally, it's [FONT=Arial Black]GAME DAY[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

concordtom
Shocky1;842759326 said:

i disagree

Excellent response.
Oski is kept alive by the nectar delivered thru that straw into the eye. Immortally so.

UrsaMajor
Shocky:

Are you OK with the blonde girlfriend???
Shocky1
UrsaMajor;842759439 said:

Shocky:

Are you OK with the blonde girlfriend???

pretty sure trevin's gf is the curvy brunette yoga female in the guitar post (either that or tk got 2 gfs & is taking the fast train to crazytown)
Shocky1

what up, taylor?

just flew in from auckland & cleared passport control at sfo, will now take a fueled up uber helicopter to oakland airport to pick you up, yeah i'm the dad of the year

hope you did your classwork on the flight out to the bay but let's be real here the ******* opening nite of cal basketball at haas pavilion is more important than high school & reading books & **** like that

i'm amped up & ready to roll, it's gonna be litty in berkeley tonite

love you, sweetie

memories for a lifetime#
Shocky1
key to tonite's battle at the barricade: hostile crowd energy & limiting the jackrabbits to under 30% on their 3 point attempts

staff expects south dakota state to push more tempo this season than with last year's scheme
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]who is this dude?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]4-6 FGs including a MONSTER SLAM, 1-3 from deep, 3-3 FTs, SKYING FOR SIX REBOUNDS, 5 Freaking assists, 2 steals and a block[/SIZE]

[COLOR="#000080"][/COLOR]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Asha on[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]FIVE threes and 19 points[/SIZE]

Shocky1
the south dakota state jackrabbits shot 8-30 on mostly highly contested 3 pointers for 26.7%

Shocky1;842759649 said:

key to tonite's battle at the barricade: hostile crowd energy & limiting the jackrabbits to under 30% on their 3 point attempts

staff expects south dakota state to push more tempo this season than with last year's scheme
Shocky1

left to right, roger "c'est magnifque" moute a bidias, kameron "the legacy" rooks, grant "central park" mullins, sam "the 6th man" singer, jabari "let it fly" bird & kingsley "get that **** out of here" okoroh

1st game of the year without young ivee (his return for next wednesday's game vs uc irvine is not a certainty) it was important for them california golden bears to unlock the swag

the bears took another important step (after slowing down the offensive firepower of #19 ranked st marys in the cal scrimmage victory) in establishing a d presence/identity limiting south dakota state to 16-56 field goals for 28.6%

a stifling physical d that competes on every sequence will result in this year's team among the nation's top defenses & finally result in a team that reflects the personality of coach martin & his staff

let's do this, unlock the swag

offense gets you espn highlights, defense wins championships#:gobears:
Shocky1

key statistics tonite from berkeley, california:

*****guard grant mullins with a gamehigh 7 boards along with 7'1" kameron rooks, dude is relentless like a nyc city sweeper
*****cal 10-13 of free throws for 76.9%, not too bad for the pac 12's worst free throw team last season
*****10 blocks for the team with 8 from kam & king, the bad azz brothers
*****a physical & dominating cal rebounding effort with more than twice the boards of south dakota state, 54 to 26
*****100% of cal fans wearing metallic royal blue giuseppe zanotti kicks have also played the world's top 100 golf courses
*****8.5 seconds elapsed between shocky's vocal demanding for the walk ons & cole, nick & koko actually entering the game
rkt88edmo
Shocky1;842759816 said:

*****8.5 seconds elapsed between shocky's vocal demanding for the walk ons & cole, nick & koko actually entering the game

I heard some of your friends in the hall after the game telling you that they heard you yelling WALK ONS at the bench. I lulzed.
Shocky1
[video=youtube;O7pcsG6ieOY][/video]

grant's not a dumb azz (or self entitled)#
concordtom
Best stat of the game:
Kameron Rooks, 0 PF
concordtom
Shocky1;842759034 said:

southern illinois edwardsville (6-22 last season) led by former cal assistant jon harris (now head coach) & former cal assistant of basketall operations tarrance crump (now assistant coach) lost an exhibition game 91-84 to some educational institution named mckendry

not gonna be easy#

Cuonzo must have given Coach Harris the game day report. And Jon still has Cuonzo's back.

SIU Edwardsville slips past Hawaii 69-68

HONOLULU -- Tre Harris (any relation?) had three 3-pointers and 13 points on Friday night and SIU Edwardsville survived a tight finish to beat Hawaii 69-68 in the season opener for both teams.

The Cougars were up by 11 in the middle of the second half but the Rainbow Warriors surged with a 16-4 run to lead 62-61 with 4:50 left. Neither team led by more than two the rest of the way.

Carlos Anderson scored the go-ahead point for SIU Edwardsville by making 1 of 2 from the foul line with 1:19 left.

Hawaii had chance to win with an inbounds play under its own basket with 4.3 seconds left. The Cougars' Burak Eslik stripped the ball from Sheriff Drammeh to secure the win.

Christian Ellis scored 11 and Eslik 10 for SIU Edwardsville. UCLA graduate transfer Noah Allen had 21 points in his Hawaii debut. Drammeh added 17 and Ido Flaisher 13.
concordtom
Yes, he is.

3 Tre Harris
Height: 6-5
Weight: 195
Year: R-Sophomore
Hometown: Edwardsville, Ill.
High School: Edwardsville HS
Position: G

Personal: Tre's mother, LeAnn (Bryan) Harris played basketball for the Cougars from 1991-94 and is No. 4 all-time in scoring with 1,518 career points. An All-American during the 1993-94 season, she also is a member of SIUE's Athletics Hall of Fame...Is the nephew of Head Coach Jon Harris.
Shocky1
uc irvine anteaters (cal's next opponent on wednesday november 16th at haas pavilion, are you gonna represent?) got crooked azz shooting (29.5% on fgs, 27.6% on 3 pointers & 63.2% on fts) in losing their home opener at dizzyland 72-56 to the utah state aggies

#8 ranked virginia cavaliers shot lights out (52% on fgs, 50% on 3 pointers & 89% on fts) on the road in taking down the unc greensboro spartans 76-51

seton hall pirates got 27 points from khadeen carrington & 22 points from angel delgado in making farleigh dickinson walk the plank 91-70

arizona got 12 steals without ped fueled allonzo trier in defeating #12 ranked michigan state 65-63 in honolulu

oregon played candy azz soft d in a 91-77 win over army in maui

daddy's boy bryce alford lit it up for 30 points as ucla tamed the pacific tigers 119-80 at pauley pavilion

washington state cougars finally won a game with a narrow 69-65 victory vs the montana state bobcats in what's gonna be ernie kent's final season in the palouse (my man travis decuire is gonna be offered the head coach job)

the colorado buffs got balanced scoring & an unselfish 20 assists in pest spraying 90-53 the sacramento hornets

daddy's boy tres tinkle dominated with 20 points & 15 boards as the oregon state beavs were not penetrated 78-58 by the prairie view panthers

the asu sun devils honor college put on an academic study hall beatdown of portland state 88-70 behind 23 points from both torian graham (followed bobby "off to the races" hurley from the buffalo wild wings to the land of beautiful females) & tra holder

elijah stewart scored 30 points as the usc trojans got paternity tested by my td led montana grizzlies 75-61 in front of 384 actual fans in south central, it's true nobody gives a **** about usc basketball

the stanford cards were saved (this time) by their one man team stud reid travis (24 points & 17 boards) in narrowly beating harvard 80-70 in the gpa battle in china

san diego aztecs without an injured malik pope avenged last season's upset loss to crosstown rivals san diego toreros 69-59

lamond murray jr scored 23 points as pepperdine surf slammed the cal poly mustangs (cal future opponent, trevor john dnp) 77-68 at nobu malibu

wyoming cowboys (future cal opponent) took some random school named western state to the woodshed 88-49

uc davis aggies (cal future opponent) got outrebounded 48-33 in getting ****kicked 78-64 by the tennessee state tigers
HoopDreams
[SIZE=4][COLOR="#000080"][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1
congrats to trevin knell on signing his letter of intent, welcome to the cal family

"trevin is a shooter with unlimited range...his ability to make shots from distance under pressure is fascinating...he's worked relentlessly on improving his strength and quickness"
-coach martin

"trevin is one of the greatest shooters in the free world along with future teammate jemarl baker due to his work ethic which demands 500+ (sometimes 1000) shots a day & he got a curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach for a girlfriend but he's a fake model drummer"
-shocky

Shocky1;842713732 said:

coach martin has offered late emerging elite shooter 6'4" 165 lbs trevin knell of of wood cross high school & the utah prospects

trevin blew up in his last 2 aau tournaments this summer knocking down an unreal 18-39 (46.2%) 3 pointers at the gauntlet series finale & then 18-37 (48.6%) at the gauntlet series championship after sharpshooting 45.2% of 3 pointers during his junior season at wood cross...knell has got a disciplined work ethic practicing at least 500 (upwards to a 1000) 3 pointers a day & would benefit tremendously from coach christopher's rigorous (but fun) s&c program, he's too skinny right now

trevin is a mormon & is gonna take a 2 year mission somewhere in the world (location to be determined) after high school & then enrolling in college in 2019 as a stronger & wiser well traveled/experienced young man...berkeley has got a significant lds community

knell is not a dumb azz, he's got a 4.0 gpa throughout high school and will take ap english & honors math as a senior, his goal is be academic all state in utah as a senior...he's likely gonna make a 50 year decision that sets him & his family up for life & not settle for an academically mediocre school like utah (which is also actively recruiting him, he will meet with their staff in 2 weeks) which is 30 minutes away

trevin is gonna trip unofficially to cal august 28th (theo john will be making an official visit at that time) & if that visit goes well will return for an official visit before his targeted decision date in october

yeah berkeley is gonna be midnight city if the true student athltete trevin knell commits as a 2019 enrolle to the #1 public (#3 overall) university in the world, his shooting stroke is pure

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]senior leader looked a lot stronger
very obvious he put in the work over the summer
and what a smooth shot[/SIZE]

south bender
HoopDreams;842760004 said:

[SIZE=5]senior leader looked a lot stronger
very obvious he put in the work over the summer
and what a smooth shot[/SIZE]

Yes, to your observations, HD.

I would hope he will continue to work on his dribble drive to the basket...

He certainly has learned a lot of defensive focus from the start of his first Cal year.
petalumabear
south bender;842760029 said:

Yes, to your observations, HD.

I would hope he will continue to work on his dribble drive to the basket...

He certainly has learned a lot of defensive focus from the start of his first Cal year.

I agree with both of you. Adding value here as always
Shocky1
petalumabear;842760045 said:

I agree with both of you. Adding value here as always

i dunno i kinda think it's more important to serve looks with dope kicks than add value in life or something

giuseppe zanotti#
First Page Last Page
Page 50 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.