cal's monster class deux

1,376,303 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
petalumabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842760084 said:

i dunno i kinda think it's more important to serve looks with dope kicks than add value in life or something

giuseppe zanotti#

As you feel is important to prove over and over and over and over again and again and again.
Most of us just sleep through it now.
mikecohen
HoopDreams;842760004 said:

[SIZE=5]senior leader looked a lot stronger
very obvious he put in the work over the summer
and what a smooth shot[/SIZE]

Am I the only one who wonders about the flat trajectories on his threes?
petalumabear
mikecohen;842760199 said:

Am I the only one who wonders about the flat trajectories on his threes?

Funny you should mention that Mike. I also noticed flat trajectory on the shots that Mullens missed. Part of it is likely a bit of fatigue and part mechanics.
Shocky1
petalumabear;842760162 said:

As you feel is important to prove over and over and over and over again and again and again.
Most of us just sleep through it now.

i've been told that i kinda got obsessive compulsive disorder tendencies so your probably right

Shocky1
cal's go all the way up class (2017) got true student athletes that are mentally limitless with academic ambition that are pursuing excellence at the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world...they wanna travel in fueled up uber helicopters all the way up, nothing can stop us

yeah, this **** is getting live

[video=youtube;y2ak_oBeC-I][/video]

jemarl baker

juhwan harris-dyson

marcus lee

trevin knell

and if they ask you where you live, point to the berkeley hills, go all the way up

cal's all the way up class (2017)#:gobears:
Shocky1

one of the defining characteristics of this year's basketball team is improved team chemistry, there's a less uptight feeling around the program than in prior years dating back to the inception of the cal's monster class...uptight guys don't play loose (they press at times & lack true confidence) & this has limited the upward trajectory of the cal basketball program the last several seasons under coach montgomery & coach martin

in watching the guys interact with one another it's clear that there's maturity & acceptance of roles, there's less of a personal agenda (self entitlement, putting up shots, auditioning for the nba, etc.) than in prior seasons & as a result guys are playing like little kids having fun with with their best friends

but don't mistake their smiles for a broken down candy azz soft attitude, this year's california golden bears are gonna be one of college basketball's top defensive teams in the nation, they will **** you up

all grown up#:bravo
Shocky1
kyle kuzma scored 23 points with 19 boards as the utah utes took care of the nw nazarene crusaders 81-37, apparently special k couldn't schedule the deer valley ditch diggers rec team tonite
joe amos yaks
Next up for the nw nazarene crusaders of nampa, ID...the ne orthodox golden horde of boston, MA.
mikecohen
petalumabear;842760404 said:

Funny you should mention that Mike. I also noticed flat trajectory on the shots that Mullens missed. Part of it is likely a bit of fatigue and part mechanics.

Just as an attempt to understand: Weren't all of Jabari's threes flat trajectory? Watching them (as good as everything else was around them, i.e., getting open, shooting in rhythm, with confidence, athleticism, etc.), I was still surprised that they went in.
mikecohen
Shocky1;842760664 said:

one of the defining characteristics of this year's basketball team is improved team chemistry, there's a less uptight feeling around the program than in prior years dating back to the inception of the cal's monster class...uptight guys don't play loose (they press at times & lack true confidence) & this has limited the upward trajectory of the cal basketball program the last several seasons under coach montgomery & coach martin

in watching the guys interact with one another it's clear that there's maturity & acceptance of roles, there's less of a personal agenda (self entitlement, putting up shots, auditioning for the nba, etc.) than in prior seasons & as a result guys are playing like little kids having fun with with their best friends

but don't mistake their smiles for a broken down candy azz soft attitude, this year's california golden bears are gonna be one of college basketball's top defensive teams in the nation, they will **** you up

all grown up#:bravo

So, what accounts for the (strikingly) improved team chemistry, all of a sudden? This is not a rhetorical question. I really have no understanding of how this is happening.
petalumabear
mikecohen;842761091 said:

Just as an attempt to understand: Weren't all of Jabari's threes flat trajectory? Watching them (as good as everything else was around them, i.e., getting open, shooting in rhythm, with confidence, athleticism, etc.), I was still surprised that they went in.

not that i recall mike... but being older (lol) i might have forgotten!!!
south bender
mikecohen;842761093 said:

So, what accounts for the (strikingly) improved team chemistry, all of a sudden? This is not a rhetorical question. I really have no understanding of how this is happening.

For starters, no one (Charlie Moore may prove to be an exception) is reluctant to move the ball quickly. My own experience, as well as from years of observation, tells me how disheartening it is not to touch the ball regularly at the offensive end. Sharing the ball helps the rhythm, the health of the quintet, i.e., the team chemistry.
Shocky1
south bender;842761109 said:

For starters, no one (Charlie Moore may prove to be an exception) is reluctant to move the ball quickly. My own experience, as well as from years of observation, tells me how disheartening it is not to touch the ball regularly at the offensive end. Sharing the ball helps the rhythm, the health of the quintet, i.e., the team chemistry.

sb, during the practice/scrimmage a week ago moore moved the ball better than anybody on the team, he is already building chemistry with marcus lee who loves charlie's dimes

at the end of the south dakota state game coach martin gave some bench tough love azz kicking to coleman re: sharing the basketball on a basketball court with your teammates, make no mistake about it he had dontae's full attention

both charlie & dontae are gonna be fine, just typical 1st game jitters for guys trying to do too much
Shocky1
mikecohen;842761093 said:

maturation of certain individuals & changes in personnel, this is a story for another day but the important thing is that team chemistry is cohesive & united right now
mikecohen
Why is this a story for another day? Team chemistry is, to a large extent, what has separated the Warriors from the crowd, and, I strongly believe, could have the effect here of surprising a LOT of people in what appears to be a major up-year in the Pac 12, full of extraordinary players, and rising coaches, on top of a good stock of those to begin with. Running the table at home against the Pac 12 this year is not going to be as easy as it was last year; and last year it wasn't easy. We're generally picked somewhere in the middle of the Pac (12). IMHO, the team chemistry which debuted in the last game (although certainly some of it was on display against Oregon here last year - which could put the lie to the recent comments about Matthews' and Bird's generic incompatibility due to the similarities in their roles) could result in beating those expectations in a significant way. I imagine that it could make a particularly strong impact on the road - although our road win in the past few years against Syracuse at the Garden, and the should've been win against Virginia (and similar road losses) tend to indicate that such a spirit has been there, more than flickering. Indeed, one might imagine that the current flare-up of it might be attributable, more than anything in particular, to Cuonzo's (and staff's) philosophy and system beginning to take root in a more profound way over time.
Shocky1
rkt88edmo;842759822 said:

I heard some of your friends in the hall after the game telling you that they heard you yelling WALK ONS at the bench. I lulzed.

rkt, it our moral obligation & within the fabric/social conscienciousness of the greatest public institution in the world with a long tradition of upholding civil rights & protecting the rights of those less advantaged that we forcefully protest on gamedays the utter tyranny & forgetfulness of coach martin with respects to them walk ons:headbang

do you see cole, nick, koko & george (and nick & brenden too back in the day) sequestered at the end of bench during blowouts?...they are still cheering for their teammates but if you look closely you can see the absolute hope in their eyes, the dream that coach martin will signal them to enter the game...and when it doesn't happen it's the saddest little show in all the land, so many tears it's guaranteed to make you cry, can you afford to pass it by?

walk on lives matter (we are all walk ons)#
oskidunker
So Cole is Welling up??
Shocky1
late breaking cal's monster class exclusive fotos:

the scholly players tricked out fueled up uber helicopter for road games as co piloted by marcus & mitch

the roadtrip ride for cole, nick, koko & george, not exactly all the way up
Shocky1
oskidunker;842761157 said:

So Cole is Welling up??

taylor & i were doing the hang with the glapions at fentons (yeah i had a unhealthy azz small chocolate sundae, go ahead & shoot me i'm gonna die soon now) after the game friday nite when cole saw us & came over to greet us...i told cole it broke my heart that he missed his patented reverse spin lay up (he knocked it down at pauley pavillion vs ucla 2 seasons ago) vs the jackrabbits, he told me there was a lot of contact on the play...told cole probably not as much contact as coach o'toole beating the **** out of him with his lethal rubber/foam stick during practices, that made welle smile

cole, next time your gonna finish & trust me we're gonna all storm the floor afterwards...sorry gordon

thx to my relentless efforts with the cal athletic dept, the cole welle & curvy brunette yoga female bobblehead will be given to the 1st 10,000 fans for the bears game with big sur junior college later this season

collector's item (who's beastmode?)#:tree
Shocky1
lorenzo romar took another significant step toward the unemployment line as his underachieving washington huskies (0-1) lost their home opener 98-90 in seattle playing their usual non existent d vs the yale bulldogs who played without their best player makai mason...it's important that just like the charlie moore recruitment after memphis imploded/fired the head coach that the bears stay in contact with one time cal commit jaylen nowell (travis decuire is his uncle) & daejon davis as both guys got high gpas & could start at the 3 next season in berkeley

seton hall pirates (2-0) made parrot juice out of the central connecticut bluedevils 82-58 as khadeen carrington (18 points) & angel delgado (14 points) led in scoring again, talented duo...do pirates even like hawaii?...ahoy matey

asu sun devils (2-0) made 33 of 42 free throws (78.6%) & turned the ball over only 8 times in suntanning the cal poly mustangs 96-74 in tempe...asu got only 1 working big 6'8" 225 lbs obinna oleka (13 boards tonite)...the bears need to gameplan to attack oleka early & get him in foul trouble, devils got no depth in the paint

ucla bruins (2-0) played undisciplined d in defeating cal state earthquake 102-87 despite the matadors shooting 50% on fgs (33-66)...reggie theus dnp

oregon state beavers (2-0) came in the behind 72-64 of the san antonio roadrunners behind tres tinkle's 26 points & 12 boards

usc trojans (2-0) wrapped up the nebraska omaha mavericks 82-72 despite freshman jonah mathews 1-7 fgs & 4 points in front of 269 fans at the galen center, it's true nobody gives a **** about usc basketball

uc davis aggies (2-1) harvested the northern arizona lumberjacks 89-76 with 52% on 3 pointers (13-25), the bears will need to play strong perimeter d vs the aggies
HoopDreams
[SIZE=4]it was really good to see how the prior players developed and took on new roles, and to get a first look at the new players.

but each game is a different situation, matchup, etc. and we will learn a little more in the next game vs UC Irvine on Wednesday 8pm[/SIZE]

Shocky1
HoopDreams;842761286 said:

see the guy on the ground in the foto above?

that's my new friend #10 cole gentry a 5'10" 175 redshirt freshman from st charles, illinois

so during the 1st in bounds play right in front of me & taylor i ask him "cole, have you ever been to chicago?...charlie moore (who is standing right there listening to this ****) is from chicago, if you blink your eyes he's gonna take the ball away from you, your in serious trouble"

cole looks over at me & makes direct eye contact with a smart azz smirk grin

a couple of minutes later there's another in bounds play right in front of us & i ask him "cole, have you ever been to miami?...sammy singer is the strongest point guard in the pac 12 and he's literally gonna overpower you and take the ball away from you, your in serious trouble"

cole looks at taylor & starts shaking his head like what's wrong with this dude

next in bounds play he's looking at my metallic blue double bar high top sneakers with 3 zippers & i tell him "cole, if you went to a real school like cal you'd be able to buy some guiseppe zanotti kicks someday"

taylor is pulling on my arm trying to get me to sit down & tells him "don't listen to my dad, he doesn't know what he's talking about"

cole looks at taylor & nods in agreement...taylor tells me "be nice to him, ok?"

in the 2nd half i ask him "cole, did you get you hair cut this week at pet smart?...think they missed a spot over there"

cole audibly sighs out loud

this conversation goes on all game...yeah cole gentry is my favorite player in the summit league & i'm gonna root for them south dakota state jackrabbits all season

shut up, shocky#:headbang
HoopDreams
[SIZE=6]Game Day[/SIZE]

Shocky1
new york times (if you told me the renaissance man grant mullins wrote editorials for them i would believe you) article re: terrance ferguson's decision to get paid $500k for a year down under after he wasn't cleared yet by the ncca (that fact is not clear in the article) despite arizona admissions accepting ferguson after he attended a non legit high school

it's actually harder to get a dog license in pima county than it is to be accepted at an academically mediocre school (95%+ acceptance rate, why do they even staff an admissions office?) like the u of a

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/13/sports/basketball/australia-college-basketball-recruiting.html?emc=edit_tnt_20161113&nlid=70199561&tntemail0=y&_r=2

bear down (with no homework, it's fun to be a ******* dumb azz)#:rant
concordtom
Shocky1;842761596 said:

new york times (if you told me the renaissance man grant mullins wrote editorials for them i would believe you) article re: terrance ferguson's decision to get paid $500k for a year down under after he wasn't cleared yet by the ncca (that fact is not clear in the article) despite arizona admissions accepting ferguson after he attended a non legit high school

sounds like a good decision!

Even if they did clear him... let's see: Tucson for $0 vs. $500k in Ausie. Hmmmm.
Shocky1
cal ranked #25 in the nation, don't mean ****...meek mill & shocky not impressed

relentlessly compete (in everything you do)#
concordtom
Shocky1;842761637 said:

cal ranked #25 in the nation, don't mean ****

I concur.

concordtom
I don't need #nothin' in order to be behind my golden bears.
Shocky1
tom, your last couple of posts are sorry broken down azz lame

senior pg sammy singer didn't even shoot any free throws vs south dakota state (your negative assertion is not factual) but he did score 14 points on 2-3 3 pointers along with 6 boards, 5 assists & physical/explosive d...and unlike you he got accepted at cal

your foto of the 4 military guys is pointless

and the other fotos of random white guys is not becoming of the cal's monster class

post less, think more#
south bender
Was Sam not 0 for 1?

I believe he was fouled while making a lay up...
Shocky1
south bender;842761653 said:

Was Sam not 0 for 1?

I believe he was fouled while making a lay up...

i stand corrected, singer did miss a free throw
Shocky1
j mat scored 17 points on 5-7 3 pointers as the gonzaga white bulldogs (2-0) bit 69-48 the san diego aztecs (1-1) who shot 28.6 on field goals & 23.8% without their star student athlete malik pope...gregg gottlieb recruited pope (along with cameron oliver) back in the day until he realized that malik's 30 minutes of homework a day/5 hours of video games & 2.5 gpa wasn't gonna get him cleared by cal admissions

uc irvine anteaters (1-1) led by shooter jaron martin's career high 24 points on 10-19 field goals & 4-9 3 pointers dined on the south dakota state jackrabbits (0-2) in the oc...my boy cole gentry got held somehow to 3 points, taylor & i are gonna send cole a get well card/fruit basket or something

colorado buffalos (2-0) turned the ball over 19 times & shot an abysmal 3-18 on 3 pointers but their +20 rebounding margin saved the day in stampeding the glapionless seattle redhawks (1-1) 67-55

justin james made 2 ice in his veins free throws as the wyoming cowboys (2-0) went on the road to endanger 73-72 the montana grizzlies...the bears should be able to dominate the boards vs the cowboys...my man seattle native td needs a big season to get offered either the washington state or washington head coach positions

the very dangerous princeton tigers (0-1) got tamed 82-73 by the byu cougars playing on the road in provo at altitude...its a myth that the tigers are not athletic, they stole the ball 8 times last nite & made numerous acrobatic finishes around the basket after back door cuts
Shocky1
athletic director mike williams has asked me to serve in a consulting role as a fashion mentor to ensure that all of our student athletes raise their games in terms of their choices with respects to shoes, it's important that they realize there is life after beyond their academic endeavors at the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

servicing the community#
Shocky1
concordtom;842761644 said:

I don't need #nothin' in order to be behind my golden bears.

actually you need season tix(s) to be a true california golden bear

fake model#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]how can you not root for this guy?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=7]represent[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR][/SIZE]

First Page Last Page
Page 51 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.